Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E18: Dork Day Afternoon

Silly/rhetorical question (for this show): Why didn't Toby ride with Cabe to get his deposit to the clinic?

And in the end, all the shenanigans with the vacuum tube delivery of the sperm container was pointless since Toby caught it himself.

Am I the only one who thinks Ralph looks a lot more like he could be Florence's kid than Paige's?

I came in late to this ep. What is it about artificial insemination or whatever it's called that it must be scheduled for a specific minute? It doesn't seem that nature is all that fussy.

1 hour ago, Bobbin said:

I came in late to this ep. What is it about artificial insemination or whatever it's called that it must be scheduled for a specific minute? It doesn't seem that nature is all that fussy.

According to the show would appear that sperm is only viable outside the body (even if it is in a protected container) for a short amount of time (a little under an hour). I am not a doctor, so this could totally be Hollywood/TV Land science designed to create a ticking clock and create a sense of urgency.

I love bottle episodes/episodes that are contained in time and space (episodes that take place over a 24 hour period, one night, an hour, and you get the idea. I love "The One Where No One's Ready" from Friends) so this was perfect. I thought it was a great episode. 

I really hope Sly and Flo get together. They'd make a cute couple. Ralph knows enough about women that he can help. Even though he's Scorpion level genuis, I always think it's sweet when they find a remind us that he is Paige's son too.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:
4 hours ago, Bobbin said:

According to the show would appear that sperm is only viable outside the body (even if it is in a protected container) for a short amount of time (a little under an hour).

Ah, that makes sense. Sperm aren't like germs, they have limited viability outside of the body (his or hers).

"Bottle episodes": I forgot to mention realizing that the ep ran in "24"-type realtime. Whenever Happy announced the time remaining, I looked at my clock, and saw that they were spot on! Cool.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

w would appear that sperm is only viable outside the body (even if it is in a protected container) for a short amount of time (a little under an hour). I am not a doctor, so this could totally be Hollywood/TV Land science designed to create a ticking clock and create a sense of urgency

Although according to posts on this fertility support site (https://www.whattoexpect.com/forums/fertility-treatments/topic/sperm-life-in-sterile-cup.html) the time allotted in this episode is fairly realistic—especially since it was Toby's swimmers who were causing the failure to launch (a pregnancy), but there was also a heavy helping of "Hollywood/TV Land science designed to create a ticking clock and create a sense of urgency."

I can appreciate the incorporation of complex fertility issues related to pregnancy on a show with a (fictionalized) science premise, but then it seems like they really should have had an extra hour or so added to the "Hollywood/TV Land science designed to create a ticking clock and create a sense of urgency" given the slick sperm transport carrier that Happy constructed. Missed opportunity for nerd conception science, IMO, but maybe they wanted to tread lightly so as not to annoy viewers who have had real struggles with infertility and are all too aware of the limits of science in this area.

Plop me in the category of kind of wanting to see Walter/Florence together.  I don't know - they just seem so in synch with each other to where Walter needs to force himself with Paige in order to be on her level.  And I just don't see Florence interested in Sly.  Intellect aside, he has too many quirks and phobias and I just don't see Florence as someone who can deal with that. If anything, I see Sly with like a (much) older version of Patty with all her OCD/punctuality behaviors and such. I believe Sly would like to have a family someday (and probably would have with Megan) and Florence admitted she doesn't do well with children (Ralph aside).  I don't know - it just feels like the writers are forcing the Sly/Flo thing as everyone else is 'coupled up'.

I really enjoyed this episode and love how they sneak in the little mentions of earlier things to tie into the case-of-the-week (ie: Cabe's brain maze app came in handy with those blue prints later on)  One thing that bugs - especially Mr. Ctlady - is whenever someone climbs up into the ceiling to crawl across inside.  That's a drop ceiling.  Even a small child would fall right through.  We see this on a lot of shows.

Can wardrobe also please stop dressing KMcP in those awful ankle boots?  Especially with flirty skirts/dresses?  Yeah, I know she wasn't even on the job site yesterday, but they even have her in those with skinny jeans when they're in the middle of oshkosh .  And with the constant threat of danger, you never know when you have to run for your life, as they have many times. 

All the quirky fertility speak had the 12-year old in me giggling.

On 3/8/2018 at 10:57 AM, ctlady said:

Can wardrobe also please stop dressing KMcP in those awful ankle boots?  Especially with flirty skirts/dresses?

I thought I might be the only one who doesn't like that look.  She looks silly when she dresses in the really short skirts and ankle boots. 

Here’s a thought- Toby has a vehicle of his own. He should have driven himself to the clinic.or toughed it out and given the sample at the clinic. 

Paige fell down in her assigned job. She should have explained to Walter that there were to be no side errands and why. Since Walter has no empathy for anyone else’s needs. 

I did like Paige getting Happy to hold that baby.  I just wish KMcP knew how to play Paige as an ordinary person rather than a woman that knows she’s beautiful. 

• Love 1