Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Spurgeon's First Haircut

• Start Topic

Joe and Kendra get started on wedding plans and pick out the groomsmen's outfits; after two years, Jessa and Ben finally give their son Spurgeon a haircut. Joy and Austin try to make the most of their-less-than ideal living situation.

I guess I got power back so soon so that I would remember to post the episode topic. ;)

• Love 6

Just doesn't sound interesting to me. Sorry, but Spurgie's 'first' haircut with an old towel wrapped around him and Jessa with scissors just doesn't excite me. Old happenings for Joken looking for wedding clothing just has already been many times over. Not interested to hear Joyless try to come up with a complete sentence either.

• Love 15
45 minutes ago, truthtalk2014 said:

Wait!  What?  Bengermin had a video game console???  

Not HAD, he HAS a vidoe game console...it's just regulated now.

And Spurgie watches cartoons. Most likely with Bin.

That haircut....OY...looked exactly the same before and after, since no comb or brush was used. Bin's was awful too. And Jessa is one rough little dominatrix.

I covet the Babes' bookshelves....I think they are California Closet-type semi-pre-fab  (maybe now sold at Home Depot now that closets have gotten fancier), but still, pretty nice. ((Thanks, TLC!))

• Love 9
(edited)

Eh, Spurgie had a cute smile after the haircut was done. 

I could actually see Joe being a hands-on dad like Ben, based on his willingness to put his own preferences aside to be with Kendra and do things that she wants to do.

Truly I tell you, if they show the JoKen wedding for the third freakin' time I'm going to fill up water balloons like Ben, only they are going to be filled with alcohol instead of water and I am going to drink them.

Enjoyed the JinJer scenes, but I felt like Jeremy telling the audience that Jinger is the boss and she has usually been right when they have had disagreements is like a FU Internetz. Still, at least Jinger feels comfortable giving her opinion. Put Joystin in that same scenario and Joy would never say the things that Jinger said. And can Renaldo come to Dallas to install bookshelves for me please??

Joystin...meh. Joy was wearing her plaid shirt partially unbuttoned, so it looked like she was already starting to show in their first month and a half of marriage.

Edited by madpsych78
grammar
  • Love 4

Tonight's musing while watching the show On Demand:

1) Cindy - how many wedding HAVE you done where you think 500 invitations sent equals 500 people??  Plus there are Duggars involved so that's like what 10 per invite?

2) A month out and just now deciding ties and such - little scary.

3) Ben has a video game console which is regulated to the closet and Jessa tells him to grow up.  Um, you do know most adults your age play video games, right?

4) Moving that bookshelf was painful to watch.  

5) Jinger when moving heavy furniture - wear SHOES!

6) When cutting Spurgeon's hair Jessa seemed sort of eh about keeping a lock of it at first and then finally saved one and put it in a ziploc bag???  Did none of these kids have baby books or get them for their baby shower - wtf?

7) Jeremy - I can carry more books at a time then you can - and seriously, I can.  I also have waaay more books then him as well.

8) Kendra - what is that dress she's wearing to pick out ties? It looks like a dress with a way too long slip under it.

9) The microwave doesn't work in the RV - Austin, Mr. Construction, perhaps you should start with the fuses and see if that's the issue.  And Joy is like - shrug - that surprises you?  I think she's like why would my family let us use something that was in great shape?

10) Austin and Joy - when walking into an ongoing construction area - like your house - NO FLIP FLOPS!  Real Shoes that a nail or staple on the floor won't pierce.  How many tetnus shots must these kids have had?????

11) Jessa talks about Henry's cradle cap and she tried all these lotions and creams - um, crazy thought, how about when you took him to his peditrician?  I'm hoping since she now knows that it's not cradle cap that she did, but I have my doubts.

12) Why is Ben wearing boxers under his swim trunks????

• Love 10
4 hours ago, drafan said:

Not HAD, he HAS a vidoe game console...it's just regulated now.

I covet the Babes' bookshelves....I think they are California Closet-type semi-pre-fab  (maybe now sold at Home Depot now that closets have gotten fancier), but still, pretty nice. 

Is that it, they were pre-fab? Because I was wondering why they weren't stained the same color as the desk. I guess that was as close a match as they could get.

They really should have painted the room a richer color before they installed the bookshelves. They do actually own the house - they can paint things other colors than just white. All that dark wood would look much better against walls with some color to them.

• Love 9

Annb67...you know what I think? Joy lost weight before her wedding. I believe she immediately started eating 'normally' on their honeymoon and went from there. She conceived before they even returned from their trips to Europe and Israel. It's a 'food baby' we saw immediately, not Giddyup that was making her blouse tighter. She also DID have a huge baby, so she blossomed earlier than normal, but not at 6 weeks. That's my take on it.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Annb67...you know what I think? Joy lost weight before her wedding. I believe she immediately started eating 'normally' on their honeymoon and went from there. She conceived before they even returned from their trips to Europe and Israel. It's a 'food baby' we saw immediately, not Giddyup that was making her blouse tighter. She also DID have a huge baby, so she blossomed earlier than normal, but not at 6 weeks. That's my take on it.

Hmmmm....makes sense.

• Love 5

I love to read and love books too, but If I have to hear Jeremy talk about his books anymore I might just throw one (or all) at him. I thought the room where they had the bookshelves put into looked a bit cramped with the desk in there as well. I may play a drinking game and drink whenever Jeremy talks about his books.

• Love 14
(edited)

I actually liked the Water Day idea. I'm sure it was producer driven &  I have visions of Jana & the girls having to clean up  & put everything away. It was sad watching the Howler boys wearing their clothes while playing in the water in the flashbacks. (In an old trough no less.) It's already hot outside & they had to play in heavy wet jeans & polo shirts. At least the girls have progressed a little. I thought I saw one of the Lost girls wearing board shorts (Hannie or Jennie?) Good for her.  At least she was more comfortable & cooler than the boys who still had jeans on.  Did the boys outgrow the surfing style wet suits they used to wear while swimming & that's why they did water day in jeans?

Why were Joken allowed to go down the water slide together in one tube?  I liked how they jumped apart rather quickly when they wiped out at the end.  Last week Joe was in a dither about touching Kendra's waist/hip & this week they are all smushed together in one tube.

No one has brought up the Si & Lauren engagement announcement yet.  We knew it was coming so no big deal - they can't get one over on us.  BTW, what was with Danni's (the announcer/interviewer)  hair?  That style looked like she was missing part of her head.  Not very flattering  IMO.  Don't these people have stylists to help them or look in a mirror before they start taping?

ETA - sorry, didn't realize the engagement was already being discussed on other thread

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

1) Cindy - how many wedding HAVE you done where you think 500 invitations sent equals 500 people??  Plus there are Duggars involved so that's like what 10 per invite?

3) Ben has a video game console which is regulated to the closet and Jessa tells him to grow up.  Um, you do know most adults your age play video games, right?

6) When cutting Spurgeon's hair Jessa seemed sort of eh about keeping a lock of it at first and then finally saved one and put it in a ziploc bag???  Did none of these kids have baby books or get them for their baby shower - wtf?

7) Jeremy - I can carry more books at a time then you can - and seriously, I can.  I also have waaay more books then him as well.

8) Kendra - what is that dress she's wearing to pick out ties? It looks like a dress with a way too long slip under it.

9) The microwave doesn't work in the RV - Austin, Mr. Construction, perhaps you should start with the fuses and see if that's the issue.  And Joy is like - shrug - that surprises you?  I think she's like why would my family let us use something that was in great shape?

10) Austin and Joy - when walking into an ongoing construction area - like your house - NO FLIP FLOPS!  Real Shoes that a nail or staple on the floor won't pierce.  How many tetnus shots must these kids have had?????

11) Jessa talks about Henry's cradle cap and she tried all these lotions and creams - um, crazy thought, how about when you took him to his peditrician?  I'm hoping since she now knows that it's not cradle cap that she did, but I have my doubts.

Because Ben is an idiot and does not want to defraud women who may find him attractive. *rolling eyes*

if Jessa has no training on how to cut someone's hair that's curly I see some butchered up hair in Spurge's future. I mean all she did was cut off the longer curls, smh. Go get him a real haircut, doesn't hafta have it cut all off but at least it'll look decent.

• Love 4
(edited)

These people kill me! Exactly how many minutes did we have to watch Jeremy have orgasms over his bookcases? Jer and Jinge are still my favorites but they are taking over the most boring people on earth award surpassing Jessa and Bin. Let's watch people have book cases made for them, and then put the books back in the them. And let's watch husband and baby get haircuts, by the wife who doesn't know wtf she's doing. 

Kendra is adorable and so sweet. 

I liked Austin and Joy cooking together and then eating in the construction zone of a house. Austin complaining about sweating and Joy saying she doesn't know how to cook for two. They were cute together. Austin didn't seem quite as controlling this episode. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, sheshark said:

Spurgies Haircut:  The paint on my outside wall dries faster than the other walls.

A baby getting a haircut. A guy getting bookshelves. Two dolts having dinner.

An hour of my life, wasted.

The most  gripping moments of the night were waiting to see if Jessa would poke Spurgeon in the eye with those ridiculously pointy scissors she was jabbing around his face like an idiot and fearing Jinger might mash her toes while moving the bookcase. 

I can't bring myself to actually wish either thing had happened, of course. But the show would have been a lot more interesting if it had. I'm just sayin' ... I mean you have to give me more than a water balloon fight, TLC. James doesn't have to fall into an orchestra pit every show, but come on!

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I thought the room where they had the bookshelves put into looked a bit cramped with the desk in there as well. I may play a drinking game and drink whenever Jeremy talks about his books.

That room made me claustrophobic.

Once when I was young and dumb, I was moving a dresser barefoot. The person opposite me moved too quickly and the dresser jabbed into my toe and lifted the toenail off. So yes, Jinger needed shoes! 

• Love 12

Cindy & Co. are obviously math challenged. 500 invites doesn't equal 500 people. All the shopping was stayed. The ties they picked for the dad's were not used. And in that bag, where were the belts?

Surgeon's hair cut was all for show. One big lock and a pass over the eyes. Whoopie. 

I can't believe Jessa said Ben needed to grow up bc of the video games. I remember when the girls were talking about courtship and love that she mentioned not wanting a guy who played video games all the time. Ben, for all his hurpty-durpty-ness is p*ssy whipped.

• Love 6

Bin's willingly put his balls in Jess' handbag every morning and then he carries her handbag around all day.

Pastor V's office...big desk, big shelves, too tight, too much wood, too fancy to write second rate sermons-very coffin-like.

Austin was sweating balls just to choke down Joy's grub as a show domesticity...washing it down with gulps of Dugg Kool-Aid to keep the TLC money coming in.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I love to read and love books too, but If I have to hear Jeremy talk about his books anymore I might just throw one (or all) at him. I thought the room where they had the bookshelves put into looked a bit cramped with the desk in there as well. I may play a drinking game and drink whenever Jeremy talks about his books.

Heh. I agree. I think the room as a whole would have been great had it been a little bit bigger and there was a darker color on the wall. Like a study type of thing.

http://www.wallpapers-web.com/data/out/102/4642247-home-library-study-room-wallpapers.jpg

37 minutes ago, geistmadl said:

I can't believe Jessa said Ben needed to grow up bc of the video games. I remember when the girls were talking about courtship and love that she mentioned not wanting a guy who played video games all the time. Ben, for all his hurpty-durpty-ness is p*ssy whipped.

I have mixed thoughts about Ben and the video games. On the one hand, my husband plays video games all the time and I wish he would play them less to spend more quality time with me and the cats. On the other hand, Ben having video games is the most normal thing that has come from any of these Duggar sons and sons-in-law.

• Love 10

Jeremy's office was too cramped with the big deal and all the bookshelves. And once again, he laughs while Jin's fingers are stuck and doesn't ask if she is ok. 

Jeremy if you are stalking in here, please for the love of god, STFU about your books. I hear you have more passion for them than your wife.

• Love 8

Yeah, if it's a small room and you want a lot of books, get a smaller desk. Something that is portable, so you roll it around for better use of space. I learned long ago that for ease of movement, it's better to have lighweight stuff that is more versatile. You can set up in another room if necessary.  Big heavy stuff......I pick and choose those things. Also, you can get your books in digital form now.  I know that I love some books too, but, if you need the space rely on other forms too. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Pastor V's office...big desk, big shelves, too tight, too much wood, too fancy to write second rate sermons-very coffin-like.

All I could get out of that "office" was he is trying to impress somebody and mostly impress himself. He thinks be in surrounded by books means he is knowledgeable. When one of them said he counsels, I was thinking it would be more personable is he had a small round table or couch-chair configuration. Right now the room looks like he trying to be  President Kennedy and hopes his little one plays under/near the desk ( link )

Edited by sATL
  • Love 14
16 minutes ago, sATL said:

Since the toddler hair was so long- and the plan was to keep some curls- why cut it when he was asleep, and touch up when he's awake ? 

Because this would make too much sense, and we are talking about the Duggars here.

And who in their right mind would go to Jeremy for counseling. A person would need to be desperate to turn to him for help.

The book shelves needed to be white or cream.  There is way too much dark wood going on in that little office.  There was a lot of snark posted about Jessa having a book shelf moved into a closet (last season on the apartment decorating episode), but I thought that was a brilliant idea.  Even now, Jeremy certainly does not need all of those books on display.  Those awful dark book shelves totally dwarf the pretty palladium window in there.

While reminiscing about it, Ben commented 'relegating his books to the closet.....'.  I was impressed with his use of 'relegating'..... seriously.  He and Jessa are well suited for each other.  He happily lets her be the boss.  

Austin and Joy are adorable.  Damn, it must have been sweltering in that RV.  They probably had an open invitation to stay at parents' houses during their house reno, but probably wanted their privacy.  I liked him during the talking head "you have to have an open mind because everyone has their own ideas".  That's a good one to remember actually.

Kendra (Kindra) is totally adorable.  So cheerful all the time, and surely she's good company.  Sorry folks, I am probably not snarky enough for y'all!

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, Pasha Kitty said:

The book shelves needed to be white or cream.  There is way too much dark wood going on in that little office.  There was a lot of snark posted about Jessa having a book shelf moved into a closet (last season on the apartment decorating episode), but I thought that was a brilliant idea.  Even now, Jeremy certainly does not need all of those books on display.  Those awful dark book shelves totally dwarf the pretty palladium window in there.

While reminiscing about it, Ben commented 'relegating his books to the closet.....'.  I was impressed with his use of 'relegating'..... seriously.  He and Jessa are well suited for each other.  He happily lets her be the boss.  

Austin and Joy are adorable.  Damn, it must have been sweltering in that RV.  They probably had an open invitation to stay at parents' houses during their house reno, but probably wanted their privacy.  I liked him during the talking head "you have to have an open mind because everyone has their own ideas".  That's a good one to remember actually.

Kendra (Kindra) is totally adorable.  So cheerful all the time, and surely she's good company.  Sorry folks, I am probably not snarky enough for y'all!

I suspect that Ben has a lot of books as well and he actually reads them. Ben also does not display all his books prominently in the living room probably because 1) it's a small house in general, but 2) and more importantly, so the boys wouldn't get into all the books. Once JinJer's kid becomes mobile I wonder whether he/she will have access to Jeremy's office.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

Ratings:  1.000 M viewers and a .27 rating.

Whenever you post these ratings, I have no idea if the ratings have gone up or down, or how/what to Google to get the answer.

Just me? :-)

PS I freely admit my memory stinks.

Edited by ChiCricket
I'm a geezer
  • Love 8

I laughed when Jinger joked she was going to sell the old bookcase online and advertise it as seen on TV. I like her and Jeremy as a couple, they mesh well and seem to genuinely enjoy they lives and being together. Jinger seems like she has a natural ear for Spanish and I bet with just a little practice she could really speak it with ease. 

• Love 14

Ben was the one who chose to get married at 18 and hand his balls to Jessa -- under the guidance of his daddy who raged about how people are not delaying adulthood by waiting until their mid 20s or even [gasp] 30s to marry and that's ungodly. Yet I still feel bad for him in some ways. He was soooo excited about the slip and slide and water balloons. He said that while they had occasional water pistols and the rare water balloon, they don't grow up around too many water toys. I get it -- I had a fair number of toys but not every toy under the sun; and he is ONLY 22 -- an age where you can still get in touch with your childish side and have fun playing with something that you never got to play with as a kid and maybe always wanted to. It's just that if he had chosen a different life -- he'd be a college senior and no one would be raising an eyebrow at him running down a slip and slide -- hell his frat bros would be lathering the thing up with shaving cream. Even Jana had a bit of eyebrow raising re Ben had the MOST fun out of anyone . . . . Bc in Duggar world the 20 somethings are supposed to be sedate and miserable as they set things up for their kids and 1000 younger siblings, God forbid they actually join in and go crazy for a bit and have ACTUAL fun with a real, not "keeping sweet" smile. And now that his balls are firmly in Jessa's purse -- his books and video games reside in the closet bc Ms. Maturity herself tells him, he needs to grow up. I mean he's a 22 year old father who can't drink, can't dance, can't really have friends bc of the clannish family he's married into, likely doesn't get to play sports on the regular anymore, and I don't think they have a TV (though I guess he watches things on YouTube - bc it seems like Spurge totally knew what that was when he was handed a cartoon) -- what other release does he have in his life?? Let the boy play videos games a few hours a week?? I love how much this cult tries to control but saying NO to everything -- and then they wonder why people like Josh run out and have affairs -- um bc they are about to lose their minds and need some sense of normalcy?? Jessa if you know what's good for you -- encourage him to find a local mens football/soccer/baseball/whatever league so he can play, interact with some guys and make friends and let him play his video games without asking your permission!?

So I guess the Duggars get to choose their clothing once they lock it up with a fiancé -- same way they get to go out with their adult married siblings and if they're single, they're still eating with Josie?! I noticed when Joe rolled up with his fiancé he was in shorts. I guess that's his decision now since he's about to be a married man? Meanwhile his 10 yr old bros were in long Adidas pants in the Aug heat and sliding down the slip and slide in them. JD wasn't partaking in the water fun -- he was on the porch grilling up burgers and he was in jeans also in the sweltering heat in front of a grill. I guess he doesn't get to choose what he wears as a 26 yr old singleton? Why do I feel like the laboring oar of these "fun" days falls on JD and Jana? Jana probably has to get all the kids changed before and then get them out of their wet clothes after; JD probably has to set it all up, take it all down, and man the grill. At least JD has some help since Jed and Jer are still around and single, and frankly I think Joe is a good guy too -- I don't think he'd take a pass on helping JD with some of these tasks once Kendra goes home bc he has to go pine for Kendra (as the girls all do when they find a boyfriend).

Jer is a little over the top about his books, but I do like seeing him and Jinger. They are so easy and comfortable with each other; they acted like any young couple buying their first house and Jer acted like guys act about setting up their man cave. Doesn't seem like a "keeping sweet" kind of relationship to me -- like when moving/turning the bookcase wasn't working, Jing was quick to say it and say they should cut the legs off or sell it online . . . . None of the "OMG my genius husband, this way to move it will DEFINITELY work." I'm sure Jer is the headship and expects some deference. I don't think Jing could say just go take a job or go on birth control if he didn't approve -- but I think on the day to day, he doesn't necessarily even need/want her tip toeing around him and deferring to him the way a good fundie woman would.

I do agree -- WAY too much shelving in that small office. And if you want/need that much shelving, just get a regular light looking desk (say an Ikea type desk) -- not a big heavy executive desk in the center of the office as if you're some NYC law firm partner. (And FWIW law firm partners don't have that kind of shelving in their offices!)

• Love 15

I wonder if Jeremy's office is in a real office (with no closet) or in a bedroom?  He should have selected the largest guest bedroom for his office because right now it is way too crowded.  The oversize desk really should be replaced with a regular desk.  It would drive me crazy to be in such a crowded space.

Wasn't it funny to see all the shopping decisions about what belts and ties the guys were going to wear in the wedding?  They even considered matching the belts to the shoes the guys would be wearing. While, on the girls side of the equation, they can wear any old rotten beige shoes they want to go with their bridesmaids dresses.  Can't wait to see what shoes they wear in the next one!

Bin is one hen-pecked fellow!

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, cereality said:

Ben was the one who chose to get married at 18 and hand his balls to Jessa -- under the guidance of his daddy who raged about how people are not delaying adulthood by waiting until their mid 20s or even [gasp] 30s to marry and that's ungodly. Yet I still feel bad for him in some ways. He was soooo excited about the slip and slide and water balloons. He said that while they had occasional water pistols and the rare water balloon, they don't grow up around too many water toys. I get it -- I had a fair number of toys but not every toy under the sun; and he is ONLY 22 -- an age where you can still get in touch with your childish side and have fun playing with something that you never got to play with as a kid and maybe always wanted to. It's just that if he had chosen a different life -- he'd be a college senior and no one would be raising an eyebrow at him running down a slip and slide -- hell his frat bros would be lathering the thing up with shaving cream. Even Jana had a bit of eyebrow raising re Ben had the MOST fun out of anyone . . . . Bc in Duggar world the 20 somethings are supposed to be sedate and miserable as they set things up for their kids and 1000 younger siblings, God forbid they actually join in and go crazy for a bit and have ACTUAL fun with a real, not "keeping sweet" smile. And now that his balls are firmly in Jessa's purse -- his books and video games reside in the closet bc Ms. Maturity herself tells him, he needs to grow up. I mean he's a 22 year old father who can't drink, can't dance, can't really have friends bc of the clannish family he's married into, likely doesn't get to play sports on the regular anymore, and I don't think they have a TV (though I guess he watches things on YouTube - bc it seems like Spurge totally knew what that was when he was handed a cartoon) -- what other release does he have in his life?? Let the boy play videos games a few hours a week?? I love how much this cult tries to control but saying NO to everything -- and then they wonder why people like Josh run out and have affairs -- um bc they are about to lose their minds and need some sense of normalcy?? Jessa if you know what's good for you -- encourage him to find a local mens football/soccer/baseball/whatever league so he can play, interact with some guys and make friends and let him play his video games without asking your permission!?

Honestly I think Ben's "toys" are totally appropriate for him. It's not like he is playing video games at the expense of spending time with Spurge and Henry. And good on Ben for having fun at the water party. 

To the bolded, if you have noticed with the most recent video congratulations (i.e., birth of Gideon and SiRen's engagement), Ben clearly has been trying to have a little fun with the videos, beyond the typical Duggar "script." In the Gideon one Ben went on about how he had guessed Gideon's stats almost exactly correct, and in the SiRen one, he was talking about them coming over so that they could share some chocolate Xs and Os (apparently one was missing, so SiRen would have to split one while Jessa and Ben each got a whole one, lol). Jessa appears to be amused in the videos, but I wonder if that's what she REALLY thinks. It might just be her keeping sweet.

Contrast that with Jeremy and Jinger's videos which keep getting shorter and shorter, they are SO just phoning it in (even though I am sure they are genuinely happy for all these family members, it's the making of the video piece of it where it feels like they are just fulfilling an obligation).  

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 8

Once upon a time, my daughter had a bedroom with two closets like the one in Jeremy’s office. We made one into a desk and shelves. I guess him using the closet for bookshelves wasn’t thought of. It would have given him more floor space, but his books would have been in a closet again!

Like this

2AF36C5C-8F0D-4FF3-8080-D7BBAB80112C.jpeg

• Love 7
9 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

He should have selected the largest guest bedroom for his office because right now it is way too crowded. 

I don't know how many bedrooms that house has. I'm sure they are going to have a bundle of kids, so at least 2 to a bedroom. They will need the bigger rooms for the kids.

• Love 4

So, I think a Duggar saw the episode of Friends when Ross was moving the couch and the infamous 'pivot' scene was created. The Duggars thought 'oh, so this must be what the viewing public finds interesting/funny/something and they ran with it and made an episode about moving furniture. F U, Duggars and TLC. This show was painfully boring to the point I deleted it at about the 40 minute mark...and I don't believe I've done that with any other show. Ever.

• Love 9

On this latest episode, I couldn't get over just how yellow/orange Kendra's face was!  Every time she came on, I laughed!  I know Jana's orangey, too, but Kendra kicked it up a few notches!

I've never used spray/fake tan. Is that stuff even safe?  

• Love 6

I finally watched this mess last night and all I have to say is wow, I think we need to file a Missing Persons report for Bin's balls. Is Jessa really that fantastic a lay that Bin's willing to look like such a pansy on national television? 

I agree with the consensus on Babe's office. The heavy, dark wood and clunky desk suffocated the room. You're not holding security briefings in the Oval Office, Jer. I think you can take it down a notch.

Jessa talking about Henry's eczema? All those examples of Internet research and not one mention of taking him to the pediatrician. I wonder if ol' Fedosky is on the outs with the Arkansas Medical Board again.

Joy looked four months pregnant at six weeks. She and Austin annoyed me less this episode. I like that she isn't a spoiled princess when it comes to her living situation.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, cereality said:

Ben was the one who chose to get married at 18 and hand his balls to Jessa -- under the guidance of his daddy who raged about how people are not delaying adulthood by waiting until their mid 20s or even [gasp] 30s to marry and that's ungodly. Yet I still feel bad for him in some ways. He was soooo excited about the slip and slide and water balloons. He said that while they had occasional water pistols and the rare water balloon, they don't grow up around too many water toys. I get it -- I had a fair number of toys but not every toy under the sun; and he is ONLY 22 -- an age where you can still get in touch with your childish side and have fun playing with something that you never got to play with as a kid and maybe always wanted to. It's just that if he had chosen a different life -- he'd be a college senior and no one would be raising an eyebrow at him running down a slip and slide -- hell his frat bros would be lathering the thing up with shaving cream. Even Jana had a bit of eyebrow raising re Ben had the MOST fun out of anyone . . . . Bc in Duggar world the 20 somethings are supposed to be sedate and miserable as they set things up for their kids and 1000 younger siblings, God forbid they actually join in and go crazy for a bit and have ACTUAL fun with a real, not "keeping sweet" smile. And now that his balls are firmly in Jessa's purse -- his books and video games reside in the closet bc Ms. Maturity herself tells him, he needs to grow up. I mean he's a 22 year old father who can't drink, can't dance, can't really have friends bc of the clannish family he's married into, likely doesn't get to play sports on the regular anymore, and I don't think they have a TV (though I guess he watches things on YouTube - bc it seems like Spurge totally knew what that was when he was handed a cartoon) -- what other release does he havehis life?? in Let the boy play videos games a few hours a week?? I love how much this cult tries to control but saying NO to everything -- and then they wonder why people like Josh run out and have affairs -- um bc they are about to lose their minds and need some sense of normalcy?? Jessa if you know what's good for you -- encourage him to find a local mens football/soccer/baseball/whatever league so he can play, interact with some guys and make friends and let him play his video games without asking your permission!?

There is a comment I want to make, but I will not. *whistles*

In the case of Josh, I think he still would have turn out to be a major jerk who thinks women were put on the planet to serve his needs even if he had a halfway decent childhood, with less siblings, and parents who had half a brain. He probably would have thought he was the big man on campus who the girls wanted to date or jump in bed with him. If he had a real decent job, Josh probably would have ended up having multiple sexual harassment complaints filed against him because he the man who likes the ladies and expect the ladies to do what he want sexually. He probably has the same mind set Derelict supposedly had at Walmart when it came to his female coworkers-they were tempting him too much with the way they dressed and looked, and he was not going to take orders from a female boss or supervisor.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:34 AM, DragonFaerie said:

Well, to be fair, the whole damn engagement is only 3 months long.

I was all, "It's snowing down south!" which totally dates me.

HE probably doesn't have a pediatrician. :( But props to JEssa for being willing to do an exclusion diet in order to keep nursing. I woulda been like "FORMULA!"

Chafing?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I guess him using the closet for bookshelves wasn’t thought of. It would have given him more floor space, but his books would have been in a closet again!

I am a crazy book lover, I have moved my hundreds of books from one side of the country to the other. I need them on display so I can look at them and be reminded of what is inside and decide to read them again. I admit I have a problem but I own it.

I asked my sister about this with the boys and she said that some of the "cool" bathing trunks do not have liners and it's pretty normal for the boys to wear their boxers under their suits. My seven nephews 14-22 all wear boxers under their suits so I guess it's a thing and I can assure you none of them are worried about modesty.

• Love 13

I like that she isn't a spoiled princess when it comes to her living situation.

Look at how Joy grew up.  In this new life she probably does feel like a princess.

Does Austin have any sisters?  When he and Joy were in the "kitchen" and he wanted to get around her, he basically gave her a shove out of the way.

• Love 2