Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Tamy Lyn's Story

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I can't get behind all the accolades for James. If he was unhappy in his marriage, he should have communicated about it first and then left if change wasn't possible. Getting involved in an affair and then telling the disabled person they should be happy they aren't homeless are not admirable behaviors IMO.  Sadly, though, the way he handled it is very common. Many people will not leave a secure relationship, no matter how unhappy, without having a new one lined up.

According to Tami, she and James agreed to separate and get divorced. The got separate places but after about a year and a half she realized that she could afford to be on her own. So James let her move into his place on the stipulation that it would only be until she got back on her feet financially. She never did. So he didn’t have an affair. He and Tammy were separated/divorcing.  He did nothing wrong there, and was more than gracious to move Tammy to Houston. 

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, Ocean Chick said:

According to Tami, she and James agreed to separate and get divorced. The got separate places but after about a year and a half she realized that she could afford to be on her own. So James let her move into his place on the stipulation that it would only be until she got back on her feet financially. She never did. So he didn’t have an affair. He and Tammy were separated/divorcing.  He did nothing wrong there, and was more than gracious to move Tammy to Houston. 

I didn't realize this. 

I wonder how Tamy was supporting herself once James left after the surgery. After more than a week (I think it was 2 or more?) she went grocery shopping, she says, for the first time alone. So how did she get groceries in between him leaving & that trip?  Zachery didn't seem like he would be able to shop alone. I hope James is giving her child support for Zachery.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 3

I may have missed it, but didn't she have two kids?  Where is the first kid?

If it weren't for that huge mass that is her stomach, I would not think she was 600 pounds.  Of all the people featured on My-600-Lb-Life, her story resonated with me the most.  On many episodes, there's usually some sad story or "Because this happened, I turned to food, etc.".  Hers was simply, her mom gave her money and she used it to buy whatever she wanted and what she wanted was junk food.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

Re: the younger son

It’s funny, I had to keep reminding myself that that was James’ bio son and not stepson. There was so little affection and warmth from the father. 

I felt worse for Zachery than for Tamy. She was so needy with James, but the son really needed to feel supported & cared for by his father. All James did was bark orders at him & yell (Tamy had said this about him).  I don't think James is good for either one of them. If she can make it on her own she needs to, & she'll feel better about herself than relying on someone like James. The son will always feel the loss more though. I hope they both find friends & support groups in Houston & things go well for them.

• Love 6
On 3/9/2018 at 5:57 AM, Miss Ruth said:

She said her sister is 19 years older and her brother is 11 years older than she is.

I was wondering if we'd learn Tamy is actually her sister's illegitimate child and her (grand)parents claimed her as theirs. Didn't she say that from an early age, she always felt different or that something was off?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, MillieSparklepants said:

I was wondering if we'd learn Tamy is actually her sister's illegitimate child and her (grand)parents claimed her as theirs. Didn't she say that from an early age, she always felt different or that something was off?

I didn’t get that impression, she said her childhood was normal until her Dad died . She was probably just a “vacation baby”. Something may have been off about Mom and Dad if the older two didn’t stay involved with Mom/Tamy when Dad died. 

• Love 1

Well, as someone who is preparing to have WLS myself in a few months, I started watching this show for inspiration, and I've only seen episodes from S5 and S6.  By the way, I'm not 600lb or anywhere near that and I'd probably top myself if I was, but can you believe that I managed to watch the Assante brothers trainwreck, followed by the Lisa travesty?  Oh, my God, so disturbing and so damn depressing.  So to see Tamy succeeding was so very uplifting for me and makes me feel more positive about things.  And I'm very thankful not to have a huge pendulous mass hanging down to my feet.  God, that thing had to weigh at least 40lb, surely?  

• Love 6

I have been catching up on older eps I had never seen and saw this one last night (on my hubbies insistence, he has become a HUGE fan of this show).  So I am watching with my husband and she is complaining James does nothing for her and I hear my husband mutter 'but he cleans your flaps'.  I don't know if I was just tired or it was the soft little mumbling from my husband but I laughed like I hadn't laughed in a long time.  There was just something sweet about the way he said it.  I have promised him he will never have to clean flaps.  

We both liked her.  No bitching about the diet, no real bitching about how James and Zachary ate normal food, no screaming and crying about how much pain she was in, nada.  Despite her sad life, she handled it very well.  It was a nice ep to watch after the year 2 of Janine show who was very unlikable.  I hope they do a follow up on her.

• Love 5
(edited)

Just wait and watch the WATN that follows with Tamy, and Karina.     The look on Dr. Now's face on the WATN when he recognizes Karina's boyfriend is hysterical.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, 7EasyPayments said:

Dancing about an IUD, yeah right.

Then the side effects.....NO THANK YOU!

God, I hate that commercial. 

I forgot about James being in love with another woman and informing her in Dr. Now's parking lot that he's not coming in with her. On the other hand, I often think the patients drag too many people into the doctor's office with them and many of them need to be a little more independent in dealing with their healthcare. I do think it's good to have a second set of ears, and someone who cares might think of questions the patient might not, and that can be helpful...but when they bring their spouse and their mom and their bored kid who wants to be anywhere else it's just a bit much.

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Just wait and watch the WATN that follows with Tamy, and Karina.     The look on Dr. Now's face on the WATN when he recognizes Karina's boyfriend is hysterical.  

Oh no, you're right, her WATN is next! Can't remember your reference to Karina's boyfriend though.

58 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The look on Dr. Now's face on the WATN when he recognizes Karina's boyfriend is hysterical.  

I totally forgot but I remembered when I read this. Now I'm gonna have to watch again just for that.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

Kind of refreshing having the person do so well.

I don't remember this much at all. Are anvils being dropped?

Wait, what OoogleEyes, anvils? In other words, what choo talkin' 'bout Willis!? Yes, I'm an old DC Gal!☺

10 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Wait, what OoogleEyes, anvils? In other words, what choo talkin' 'bout Willis!? Yes, I'm an old DC Gal!☺

I guess setting us up for disaster after she was doing so well 

• Useful 1
27 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Oh you devil you fonfereksglen now I really have to watch. Don't you dare leave me!😁

I just hope that scene is before 11:00 cuz I gotta go to bed.

• Love 1
(edited)

Okay, just got a little choked up seeing Tamy Lyn taking her son Zachary to therapy, saying that she's done all of this not just for herself but also for her son. That as opposed the Princess Pauline Potter, remember her who kept claiming that she really wants to free her son? Here it is if you don't:

pauline-and-son.thumb.jpg.5f04b175592c33a2e8ef2d89c8187def.jpg

Poor Dillan, I mean "Dilly."😢

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Additional comments.
  • Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

I just bumped up the Tamy & Karina thread 

Awwww shit, now, thanks to you, I gotta keep up with TWO threads tonight! Suddenly, Wednesdays are fun again, thanks, Hee!

And, no way, don't you even THINK about going to bed!😊

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Additional comments.
  • LOL 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Oh. My. God. It's GILBERT!😯 Well shit, now I know that I must have missed this entire episode when it first aired. All I can say to that CrazyInAlabama is:

1479143970_flat800x800075f_u1.thumb.jpg.fad4affdcc8eed7aabbf9ef88d1e71af.jpg

And:

what-in-the-hell-madea-meme.thumb.jpg.ccb58f40a7865d5af683447b2425fc36.jpg

Edited by DC Gal in VA
To add crazy ass visuals!
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, OoogleEyes said:

I just bumped up the Tamy & Karina thread 

Thanks for bumping up that thread @OogleEyes! It really was like our Wednesday nights of the recent past. With all of the craziness going on, I really miss hanging out with all of my Pounder Pals. Love you all. Stay safe out there.😍

• Love 2