Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: The Lost and the Plunderers

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, festivus said:

I don't think there's any world in which Rick would not be a shuffling zombie himself after burying HIS SON. The one person he did everything for, the thing that's kept him from going all the way off the deep end. This is one reason why I'll never watch this show again. Just from reading between the lines of Andy Lincoln's interviews I don't think he understands it either. My personal opinion is that the show can never come back from Carl's death.

THIS x 100,000!  How is he even functioning on any level in the next episode?  The viewers are more upset than Rick.   Poor Andy.  He spent all this time, the prime years of his career, building this character, and they just have zero respect for it.

6 minutes ago, Haleth said:

So TWD used to be my fav show, the only 9pm show I'd watch live. I loved reading the live viewing posts and staying up late to watch TTD, then spend a good bit of Mon reading page after page of PTV posts. Fun stuff.  It has gotten so bad that I've just gotten around to watching today and there are only 2 pages of posts 3 days later. It's a shame.

It's a bummer.  Someone needs to send us all a Hallmark card that says don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.  Or whatever that saying is.  lol 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, PreBabylonia said:

I saw so much potential in here again it was wasted by bad writing. Even the little details - why didn't Michonne rip out the floorboard with Carl & Judith's handprints and try to hold onto it as the sole remnant of Carl (besides his Polaroid and the dumb letters). Even if she had to sacrifice it later on by smashing it into a Walker to save them - that could have been the trigger that released all the tears.

I think that's so much of the pain for fans.  There are so many ways it could be good.  But they just seem DETERMINED to squander all the potential.

• Love 9

If he really wanted to share the news, he just had to say, Carl is dead, you bastard. I'm coming for you next. And then hang up. Why stay on and listen to Negan spouting off that this was all their fault?

Negan's reaction to the news was fascinating (but not at all surprising) to me. I loved it, but I think I would have really liked to see what happened if he believed that it was his people that killed Carl! Rick missed a great opportunity!

• Love 6

Man, between Homeland the TWD, my Sundays have really gone downhill.

The husband and I literally laughed out loud at several points--points that were not supposed to be funny, but just were...like Rick's comments during his convo with Negan, a few times during Enid's scenes and when R & M got trapped by the trash people AGAIN. It's like the writers don't even TRY. Half the time I don't even understand what's happening or why the characters are doing something. What was the deal with R&M and the fire extinguishers?

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, glitterpussy said:

What was the deal with R&M and the fire extinguishers?

"We gotta save that gazebo, dammit!  Let's do this for Coral!!"

I had to laugh when it was fully in flames again as they drove off.

Here's an idea.  With millions of empty homes around the country in countless towns and suburbs, how about, you know, forget about Alexandria and move into one of them?

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Daltrey said:

Uh.......Who the hell is Heath? LOL! Seriously. This show really DOES have too many characters.

Alexandria scout with a VW microbus - black guy with dreads - was on a scouting/scavenging run with Tara out east of ASZ toward the coast about the same time Denise took Dwayne’s crossbow bolt through her eye.  Heath and Tara were out of the van scouting around when they ran into a bunch of walkers partially buried/camouflaged in a sandpile, and the two got separated in the resulting struggle.  Tara got clear, and shortly after made first contact with the Oceanside dwellers; Heath has been MIA ever since.

3 hours ago, diebartdie said:

OK WTF, the drama nerds / art kids / cos players all manage to find Jadis and buy into her delusion t live out their nerdiest fantasies in the middle of a garbage dump, in the middle of the worst catastrophe humanity has ever faced?!? Even the most dedicated cos player is not going to do that. So yes, the writers did  manage to "justify" the supreme weirdo "culture" of the GPK but the justification belonged in a FANTASY, not TWD.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess Art Club was a pre-ZA-existing thing, and they all just bunched up together with their compadres when SHTF and laid down their own crazy-ass set of rules.  Which means it would be really difficult to duplicate post-ZA.

2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

To tell him he's going to kill him, of course, for the fifth time. Next he'll be sending that message by carrier pigeon. or have Daryl deliver it by arrow. Too bad there's no internet. He could send an email, with nasty GIFs in it.

If Rick is planning on trying to talk Negan to death, Rick should be aware:

1. Negan already has a helluva head start.
  2. Challenging Negan to a talk-off would be bringing a knife to a Peterbilt fight.

47 minutes ago, Haleth said:

So TWD used to be my fav show, the only 9pm show I'd watch live. I loved reading the live viewing posts and staying up late to watch TTD, then spend a good bit of Mon reading page after page of PTV posts. Fun stuff.  It has gotten so bad that I've just gotten around to watching today and there are only a little over 2 pages of posts 3 days later. It's a shame.

Look on the bright side - it’s a LOT easier to keep current.  :D

• Love 2
3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Yes, Rick has just watched his son die and finished burying his body, yet his first thought after throwing in the last shovel full of dirt is, "Oh, well. That's done, now I need to talk to Jadis." I guess Michonne agreed that was the best course of action. I can't even...

They didn't give Danai much to work with in showing why she would just go along with that joyride instead of heading straight to Hilltop and the child they still have left, so I'm chalking it up to "Well, if I let him go on this fool errand alone, he's likely to end up locked in a trash bin in his underwear again fighting God only knows what.  Because it's worked out so well every other time Rick messed with these monosyllabic idiots."  It just now occurs to me that in showtime, though, that would have happened yesterday from this current episode so it may be more of an acting on autopilot thing the way you sometimes do when your brain has just had too much.

Rick?  Well, as we've established never underestimate Rick or just how stupid it can get when the plot dictates.  Because otherwise, yeah, it's hard to imagine the Rick we've known for the length of the show's run giving a good goddamn what happens to the trash people who've done absolutely nothing for him when he's just buried his son.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

I think I would have really liked to see what happened if he believed that it was his people that killed Carl! Rick missed a great opportunity!

But, the Fonz was literally one second away from bashing Carl's head in himself and if not for Shiva, Carl would have been dead awhile ago (or maybe just last week - I can't figure out times on this show) so to me, if he thought one of his people killed Carl he'd just be pissed off that he got one-upped.

7 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

so I'm chalking it up to "Well, if I let him go on this fool errand alone, he's likely to end up locked in a trash bin in his underwear again fighting God only knows what.  Because it's worked out so well every other time Rick messed with these monosyllabic idiots."

Yeah, normally that would be case, even though I think Michonne should have opened her mouth and fought him on that point the last time he hightailed it to the dump, - really, were I her I'd be suspicious that he's got some kind of boner for the Garbage Lady -  but they had just buried Carl so even more reason for her to at least try to talk him out of his insane plan. Show a little tough love! I think had she forbade him to go, he would have listened.

• Love 7
(edited)

But, the Fonz was literally one second away from bashing Carl's head in himself and if not for Shiva, Carl would have been dead awhile ago (or maybe just last week - I can't figure out times on this show) so to me, if he thought one of his people killed Carl he'd just be pissed off that he got one-upped.

I don't think so. In his warped sense of law and order, Negan probably figures that the times he was about to wreck Carl in one way or another were cases of "have to for the greater good"--or a variation that old "this hurts me more than it hurts you" spiel parents give before they spank a kid. He so did not want Carl to be dead; that's always been obvious to me.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

In his warped sense of law and order, Negan probably figures that the times he was about to wreck Carl in one way or another were cases of "have to for the greater good"--or a variation that old "this hurts me more than it hurts you" spiel parents give before they spank a kid.

Negan does keep framing all of this as him "saving" people, to the point of calling his group the Saviors.  He said that again this episode that that's why he had to kill Abraham and Glenn, to save everybody.  It's very much in the same vein as the old line they used during the Vietnam War about destroying the village to save it.

• Love 4
(edited)

Yeah, I am not saying that Negan has a heart of gold (haha!) but I think he thinks he does, in addition to believing he's the only one with the correct answer to this new world. I do believe that he wanted the best for Carl--whatever "best" is in Negan's crazed brain--and I also believe he was legitimately saddened by Carl's death (and even legitimate in his "I'm sorry to hear it" to Rick--which was so crazy and entertaining to me).

OH! Before I forget, does anyone know what the Sanctuary used to be before it was the Sanctuary? Did the show ever say? Was it a factory? Why are there efficiency apartments in it? What is this place? I have been wondering for so long and I always forget to find out!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

Negan probably figures that the times he was about to wreck Carl in one way or another were cases of "have to for the greater good"--or a variation that old "this hurts me more than it hurts you" spiel parents give before they spank a kid. He so did not want Carl to be dead; that's always been obvious to me.

If he didn't want Carl dead, then smashing his head in with Lucille is an odd way of demonstrating that. "This hurts me more than it hurts you" usually, yes, referred to a spanking or some other minor punishment, not something permanent, like death.

• Love 3
(edited)

Yet he didn't kill him in all the other times he would have been able to with no interference. Was he pretending to be sorry when he made him cry about his eye? Or when Rick called him. Or when Carl was standing on top of the wall? Oy, never mind. Agree to disagree then. It's obvious he digs--or dug--Carl. Also obvious: he's crazy.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 4
(edited)

I usually couldn't wait to watch my recorded show the very next evening.  I had two on DVR and finally watched.  What a dreary mess.  Lots of forgettable characters.  The main characters are all over the map....miss the interactions of the originals characters or those who were developed better.  Talking Dead had Enid and Aaron....who cares?

they made a big mistake killing Carl.

Edited by watch2much
spelling
  • Love 3

I finally got the chance to watch this episode and...uh...

So, Jadis can speak regular English and likes to role play as Carrie?  White slip dress/nightie and blood and all.

Negan and Rick blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.  Like the adults on Charlie Brown.  I don't understand Carl's transformation into a pacifist.  Unless he sees no other way for Rick to stay alive?

Enid and Aaron.  Kill them!  Oh please don't kill us!  Ok, don't kill them.  *sigh*

Does anyone else hear squeaking and creaking when Negan tilts around?  Like the Tin Man before he got oiled?  "Well, Rick" *tilt creaaaaaak* "you have your shitting pants on?" *tilt squeeeaaakkkk*  Maybe just me.

Look, Simon was just itching to kill a buttload of people.  Fine and dandy, but shits gonna hit the fan.  Oh, and if Steven Ogg doesn't pull a Trevor Phillips and tell Negan, "GO FUCK YOURSELF!!!!" before he gets knocked off, I'm going to be a very, very sad girl.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dnagirl said:

I finally got the chance to watch this episode and...uh...

So, Jadis can speak regular English and likes to role play as Carrie?  White slip dress/nightie and blood and all.

Negan and Rick blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.  Like the adults on Charlie Brown.  I don't understand Carl's transformation into a pacifist.  Unless he sees no other way for Rick to stay alive?

Enid and Aaron.  Kill them!  Oh please don't kill us!  Ok, don't kill them.  *sigh*

Does anyone else hear squeaking and creaking when Negan tilts around?  Like the Tin Man before he got oiled?  "Well, Rick" *tilt creaaaaaak* "you have your shitting pants on?" *tilt squeeeaaakkkk*  Maybe just me.

Look, Simon was just itching to kill a buttload of people.  Fine and dandy, but shits gonna hit the fan.  Oh, and if Steven Ogg doesn't pull a Trevor Phillips and tell Negan, "GO FUCK YOURSELF!!!!" before he gets knocked off, I'm going to be a very, very sad girl.

Thanks for this. Had the crappiest day and this has me cackling like an idiot, especially the *creaaaaak." *wipes tears of mirth away*

• Love 3
6 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

They didn't give Danai much to work with in showing why she would just go along with that joyride instead of heading straight to Hilltop and the child they still have left, so I'm chalking it up to "Well, if I let him go on this fool errand alone, he's likely to end up locked in a trash bin in his underwear again fighting God only knows what.  Because it's worked out so well every other time Rick messed with these monosyllabic idiots."  It just now occurs to me that in showtime, though, that would have happened yesterday from this current episode so it may be more of an acting on autopilot thing the way you sometimes do when your brain has just had too much.

Rick?  Well, as we've established never underestimate Rick or just how stupid it can get when the plot dictates.  Because otherwise, yeah, it's hard to imagine the Rick we've known for the length of the show's run giving a good goddamn what happens to the trash people who've done absolutely nothing for him when he's just buried his son.

The writers have turned Rick into an idiot. It's so disappointing.

• Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, peach said:

THIS x 100,000!  How is he even functioning on any level in the next episode?  The viewers are more upset than Rick. 

People grieve differently. My partner's son overcame seemingly insurmountable cardiac issues from birth: according to the doctors he wasn't going to survive past the week. But he and his mom never stopped fighting; he not only attended school, he turned out to be a certified genius who was actively recruited by the top technical universities in North America. Three days before he was to start university he was killed in a car accident. His mom's world shattered; it will never be whole again. But she did not fall to pieces. To my eyes and from my experience, Rick and Michonne are not out acting out of character for people who've just experienced the (kind of) sudden death of a child. Other grieving parents would have other reactions, of course, but this particular set of actions isn't at all inconceivable.

7 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

I totally agree. They're both in shock and sticking to familiar patterns for now.

6 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Negan does keep framing all of this as him "saving" people, to the point of calling his group the Saviors.  He said that again this episode that that's why he had to kill Abraham and Glenn, to save everybody.  It's very much in the same vein as the old line they used during the Vietnam War about destroying the village to save it.

Excellent point!

6 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

OH! Before I forget, does anyone know what the Sanctuary used to be before it was the Sanctuary? Did the show ever say? Was it a factory? Why are there efficiency apartments in it? What is this place? I have been wondering for so long and I always forget to find out!

I believe it was a factory. A very big factory. They have a smelter, and Eugene said there was enough equipment on site to start making bullets. The efficiency apartments could have been offices or storage rooms.

On 3/5/2018 at 3:32 PM, Nashville said:

I have to disagree.  Jadis’s negligible (and doubtful) use to Rick was as a leader of a people with guns; Jadis now has neither people nor guns, unless she has some cool golem tricks she can pull with walker paste.  And don’t forget - to most of the ASZhats, Jadis is nothing more thanthe leader of a group which took a lot of their guns, then betrayed Alexandria the first chance it got.  Hardly a recipe for friendly neighbor relations.

But she does have solar power and possibly access to a helicopter, plus who know what else is to be found among all that trash. Besides, over at the Hilltop they're taking in Saviors, kind of the epitome of unfriendly neighbors. A new world order seems to be shaping up.

11 hours ago, PreBabylonia said:

I saw so much potential in here again it was wasted by bad writing. Even the little details - why didn't Michonne rip out the floorboard with Carl & Judith's handprints and try to hold onto it as the sole remnant of Carl (besides his Polaroid and the dumb letters). Even if she had to sacrifice it later on by smashing it into a Walker to save them - that could have been the trigger that released all the tears.

You think Carl's letters are dumb? They're the last communication those people are going to have with Carl. I think they'd be treasured along with the Polaroids that Carl took. Remember what Carl and Michonne went through so that Judith would have a picture of her mom? And Glenn's attachment to the photo he took of Maggie? Yeah, sure, both photos were destroyed later, but their emotional value was huge.

Michonne didn't have time to rip up the porch to get those boards; the walkers were closing in.

7 hours ago, Nashville said:

Alexandria scout with a VW microbus - black guy with dreads - was on a scouting/scavenging run with Tara out east of ASZ toward the coast about the same time Denise took Dwayne’s crossbow bolt through her eye.  Heath and Tara were out of the van scouting around when they ran into a bunch of walkers partially buried/camouflaged in a sandpile, and the two got separated in the resulting struggle.  Tara got clear, and shortly after made first contact with the Oceanside dwellers; Heath has been MIA ever since.

When Tara made her way back to where she and Heath were fighting the sandpile walkers, she found Heath's glasses next to a set of motorcycle tracks in the dirt. From Tara's grin, she was thinking that Heath was rescued by someone.

Edited by maystone
  • Love 3

I believe it was a factory. A very big factory. They have a smelter, and Eugene said there was enough equipment on site to start making bullets. The efficiency apartments could have been offices or storage rooms.

Thank you! That's what I sort of thought but the cabinets looked so "apartment-kitcheny" that I wondered if it was also housing for workers or something. Why I care so much, I have no idea (I do that--fixate on random shit in the background. Drives my BF crazy).

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, maystone said:

To my eyes and from my experience, Rick and Michonne are not out acting out of character for people who've just experienced the (kind of) sudden death of a child. Other grieving parents would have other reactions, of course, but this particular set of actions isn't at all inconceivable.

This is a guy who used to talk to fucking ghosts on a phone plugged into nowhere in between suicidal zombie kill rampages. 

• Love 8
(edited)
20 minutes ago, maystone said:

Really, you think Carl's letters are dumb? They're the last communication those people are going to have with Carl. I think they'd be treasured along with the Polaroids that Carl took. Remember what Carl and Michonne went through so that Judith would have a picture of her mom? And Glenn's attachment to the photo he took of Maggie? Yeah, sure, both photos were destroyed later, but their emotional value was huge.

Michonne didn't have time to rip up the porch to get those boards; the walkers were closing in.

Yes, I think those letters are dumb, based on what Rick said of their content. Like everything else in this episode, they should have been meaningful, a message about how important each one was for him, but they seemed to be solely about forgiving Negan and working together with everybody like one big happy family. A noble aim perhaps but dangerous when you are dealing with a psychopath and his crew of thugs. I didn't see the Polaroid but I was hoping it was kept safe for Judith's sake.

And Michonne didn't need to tear down the entire porch, just grab one board and pull. I even think that I could do it. It made more sense to me than to waste time using fire extinguishers on a burning gazebo.

8 minutes ago, peach said:

This is a guy who used to talk to fucking ghosts on a phone plugged into nowhere in between suicidal zombie kill rampages. 

Yes, I am expecting full-on crazy from Rick, based on his post Lori behaviour. Michonne has been through this before so we know that she has a history of staying calm and rational, even if she shuts down emotionally. Based on the writing so far, I am sure they will miss every opportunity to show how Carl's death has affected them. Gimple and company seem to think that killing off beloved characters is enough.

Edited by PreBabylonia
Forgot a few essential verbs & nouns
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, peach said:

And a guy who knocked poor Aaron unconscious with zero provocation, yet let Negan walk away unscathed when he had him at his mercy. Of course he's crazy. They all have PTSD to varying degrees.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, peach said:

Compared to where we are now... I really miss that fricking guy.  At least crazy!Rick got shit done, even when he was straight up out of his mind.  Current!Rick?  Is nothing but hot air and empty threats.

• Love 8
(edited)

yet let Negan walk away unscathed when he had him at his mercy. Of course he's crazy. They all have PTSD to varying degrees.

STILL baffles me! In that melee, it's not even like Negan's people would have even known it happened for a while, if ever, so immediate retaliation wouldn't have really been a hurdle to consider! 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, maystone said:

But she does have solar power and possibly access to a helicopter

Neither of which Rick nor Michonne know anything about.

So that info is hardly likely to be a major factor in their decision-making processes.  :)

• Love 4

why didn't Michonne rip out the floorboard with Carl & Judith's handprints and try to hold onto it as the sole remnant of Carl (besides his Polaroid and the dumb letters).

Well, considering the fact that Rick's house miraculously survived the Alexandria massacre without a scratch on it, I'd say it's a safe bet they'll be returning to and rebuilding Alexandria once this wretched All Out War is over. So, no need for Michonne to take that as a souvenir. She'll be back.

I honestly don't think the blue paint was meant to symbolize anything special, either. Since they showed scenes out of sequence, we first saw Rick stumble through the blue paint puddle, then afterwards, saw the earlier scene with Simon where the paint was established. It's one of those irritating gimmicks TV shows love to pull nowadays - they show events out of sequence so first you wonder what something means or what it signifies, then you see the earlier event afterwards and go "Oh! That's where that came from!" They think it's clever. It's not. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Something that I never understand is the inconsistency with the cast members' clothing.   Rick is always sweating, his hair is always sopping wet and dripping in his eyes and down his face.   There's usually someone in a tank top.   It's Georgia, and it looks like the time of year when it's unbearably hot and humid.   Yet Negan is always wearing that black leather jacket (which, incidentally, always looks brand spanking new), sometimes a jaunty red handkerchief around his neck and leather gloves.   His hair looks freshly washed and gelled.   

I was was really hoping that Carl's nasty hat (which had enough germs and other assorted biological junk on it after all this time that it could've become sentient and grown into another character on the show) would've gotten buried with him.   

Edited by EllipticalAddicted
  • Love 5
47 minutes ago, EllipticalAddicted said:

Something that I never understand is the inconsistency with the cast members' clothing.   Rick is always sweating, his hair is always sopping wet and dripping in his eyes and down his face.   There's usually someone in a tank top.   It's Georgia, and it looks like the time of year when it's unbearably hot and humid.   Yet Negan is always wearing that black leather jacket (which, incidentally, always looks brand spanking new), sometimes a jaunty red handkerchief around his neck and leather gloves.   His hair looks freshly washed and gelled.   

I was was really hoping that Carl's nasty hat (which had enough germs and other assorted biological junk on it after all this time that it could've become sentient and grown into another character on the show) would've gotten buried with him.   

I just saw that review show (not the 100 episode one) and they talk about having to wear heavy clothes in the Georgia heat. It sounds like Jesus might have the worst of it - he's wearing layers under a duster. They didn't go into details why but I think that I heard earlier the show is trying to stay close stylistically to the graphic novels. (just not the plot, I guess). If Kirkwood was very young when he started writing them, he probably threw in all kinds of fashions, possibly gleaned from mashing up heavy metal music with horror movies. Or...that's the best working theory I can come up with....

100% agree on hat. Can you imagine the smell of it??? Poor Judith. I imagine this is her big inheritance.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, EllipticalAddicted said:

Something that I never understand is the inconsistency with the cast members' clothing.

This. I understand all the women ALWAYS need to be sexualized (although no actual sex is allowed) in thin, skin-tight pants and low-cut tanks tops (forget Rosita in her short-shorts and Michonne is the worst with pants so tight they have those "I'm too tight!" wrinkles on the thighs) but when they are garbed this way, and still sweating, we have Jesus in a calf-length leather coat, wool hat and often gloves. Does he have no blood? And yeah, Negan dressed for very crisp autumn weather. Would he really decide to put on a scarf in Georgia when all the women are dripping sweat when barely dressed at all?

• Love 4
(edited)

Carl did an interview on an LA tv show the day of the premiere, talking about living there now, and one of the first things he mentioned was being happy to get out of the Georgia heat.

45 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

but when they are garbed this way, and still sweating, we have Jesus in a calf-length leather coat, wool hat and often gloves. Does he have no blood?

At least the coat is protection, since two year old decaying zombies can still bite through flannel.  This show's insistence in taking an entire year to cover a few days of time really adds to the costume weirdness, because when Rick isn't drenched with sweat, he's sometimes wearing his murder coat and can see his breath in the air.  This would be more believable in the midwest, lol.  We really do go from sweating to seeing our breath in the air in the same day.  This reminds me that Rick needs to FIND HIS MURDER COAT.  That must be the whole problem. 

Edited by peach
  • Love 4

I forgot to mention that so many of the characters are wearing jeans, tight jeans.    Try wearing one of these outfits in the real Georgia heat and humidity.   You would die of heat stroke before a zombie could even get a chance to bite you.

I'm starting to think that there will be two survivors at the conclusion of the show.    Daryl's hair and that stanky hat.   

• Love 6
4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Well, considering the fact that Rick's house miraculously survived the Alexandria massacre without a scratch on it, I'd say it's a safe bet they'll be returning to and rebuilding Alexandria once this wretched All Out War is over. So, no need for Michonne to take that as a souvenir. She'll be back.

Really? I definitely had the impression that this is finally it for Alexandria. Most of the development is in flames. It would take a whole lot of rebuilding to restore the housing, unless the plan would be to build a giant dormitory and I don't think they have the natural resources to do that. I also thought that's why they gave up on putting out the gazebo fire. Why save that when they're not coming back?

• Love 3
On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎06 at 12:23 PM, Nashville said:
On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎06 at 12:24 AM, Daltrey said:

Uh.......Who the hell is Heath? LOL! Seriously. This show really DOES have too many characters.

Oh right, Heath! Lol, I vaguely remember him now..... How long ago did that happen? Feels like two seasons but that can`t be right. The sand pile walkers were the most memorable part of that scene; I just assumed Heath was dead. Hopefully he is and it's never addressed...unless he returns with some kind of significance, otherwise it's stupid and pointless. Same as when that guy from season one showed up as part of the saviors just to have Rick shoot him ten seconds later.....completely pointless.

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't know if it is to imply some sort of significance re: Rick's bathing in sweat, IE he's the leader so he works more=sweats more, or not... but he's the only one that's almost always drenched in it whenever he has to physically exert himself the slightest bit.  I brought up this exact 'lack of realism'  in the "I am not a crackpot..." thread about 2 years ago.

One guys sweats like its his 80-hrs a week job and the most you see on everyone else is the slightest sheen of perspiration on a face/forehead or patch of exposed arm.  Hell, even Carl, with all that hair, hat, and long-sleeved shirts & pants on barely showed any of the slightest signs of the heat taking its toll on him.

Rick is the Superman of the ZA, we get it... but that he continually sweats like that every episode, yet never shows any signs of heat stroke or in dire need of a sip of water after pulling off some miracle death-defying feat of awesomeness is just not believable, even in a fictional production.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Daltrey said:

Oh right, Heath! Lol, I vaguely remember him now..... How long ago did that happen? Feels like two seasons but that can`t be right. The sand pile walkers were the most memorable part of that scene; I just assumed Heath was dead. Hopefully he is and it's never addressed...unless he returns with some kind of significance, otherwise it's stupid and pointless. Same as when that guy from season one showed up as part of the saviors just to have Rick shoot him ten seconds later.....completely pointless.

You realize, of course, you just guaranteed Heath’s return.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Nashville said:
3 hours ago, Daltrey said:

You realize, of course, you just guaranteed Heath’s return.

HA! Where's the crying with laughter emoji when you need it, lol?! Like I said, if it's significant and he brings something to the party, then I'm on board. If he shows up only to have someone kill him instantly, then why bother? 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Daltrey said:

Same as when that guy from season one showed up as part of the saviors just to have Rick shoot him ten seconds later.....completely pointless.

Morales? Actually Daryl killed him when Morales was only partway through his monologue - one of the few times I've liked Daryl in ages.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:
19 hours ago, Daltrey said:

Same as when that guy from season one showed up as part of the saviors just to have Rick shoot him ten seconds later.....completely pointless.

Morales? Actually Daryl killed him when Morales was only partway through his monologue - one of the few times I've liked Daryl in ages.

Oh, you're right, it was Daryl. Thanks for jogging my memory, lol. It WAS the best thing he's done in ages, but I still contend that bringing back Morales for that was pointless.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Daltrey said:

but I still contend that bringing back Morales for that was pointless.

Of  course it was pointless (I'm surprised I even remembered it) like so much else in this show - it gets hyped with a big build-up, all for nothing. Even as I was watching it, I pondered, "Is there anyone out there thinking, 'Oh, I wish Morales, a minor character from eight years ago, would come back?" Gee, I doubt it. We cared as much as about that as we did about Neil, the "Oh, shit!" Minute Man.

• Love 2
(edited)
On March 6, 2018 at 12:35 PM, Haleth said:

I nearly lost both eyes rolling them as Rick tells Negan for the gazillionty first time that he's gonna kill him. After Rick wasted the opportunity ages ago by shooting up some window instead, i don't believe he'll ever do it. 

So TWD used to be my fav show, the only 9pm show I'd watch live. I loved reading the live viewing posts and staying up late to watch TTD, then spend a good bit of Mon reading page after page of PTV posts. Fun stuff.  It has gotten so bad that I've just gotten around to watching today and there are only a little over 2 pages of posts 3 days later. It's a shame. 

I do have to admit to liking Jadis more (or perhaps hating her less) in this epi than ever before. She could be an interesting character now that she's given up that pretentious garbage speak.

i wish they could do a Bobby Ewing reset back to the early days of Alexandria and erase the past few years, going back to when this was actually a good show.

I was thinking about when I liked to do that, too, and it was three years ago, that I remember really looking forward to it (and watching Talking Dead, plus reading a lot here). Has it already been two years, since Jessie and her kids were killed? As they tried to walk through the zombies, and the one shot Coral, then Michonne put an end to him. I feel like Rebecca on Cheers, "Has it been that long?!" asked in a depressed tone. 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 2

I was just thinking that when Rick threatened Negan at their initial meeting, after a few heads got cracked, he should have said, "I'm gonna kill you. Not today, not tomorrow, not next week or next month, not in the MSF, not next season... but in, oh - season twelve - look out!"

On 3/7/2018 at 6:37 PM, peach said:

At least the coat is protection, since two year old decaying zombies can still bite through flannel. 

Flannel? They can bite right through the very thick and tough hide of a horse. Jesus' leather maxi-coat wouldn't even slow them down.

• Love 3
(edited)

Flannel? They can bite right through the very thick and tough hide of a horse. Jesus' leather maxi-coat wouldn't even slow them down.

Is Jesus's coat leather? I thought it was a fabric. Either way, still looked a bit...cozy for the climate! Jesus is so grunge in the apocalypse.

I do think a leather jacket would be tougher to bite through than a live horse though--after all, it's the recommended wear for bikers! Both are animal skin but only one has been cured or whatever to be extra tough. Also, what a weird paragraph that was to type.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1
(edited)
32 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I do think a leather jacket would be tougher to bite through than a live horse though--after all, it's the recommended wear for bikers! Both are animal skin but only one has been cured or whatever to be extra tough. Also, what a weird paragraph that was to type.

Very weird, but can't be helped when discussing the habits and capabilities of zombies.

Yep, leather. I don't the wool cap would be much protection and looking at someone wearing leather and wool in Georgia in the summer makes my own scalp itch.

He's not even sweating:

paul-jesus-rovia-coat-900x900.jpg

Edited by AngelaHunter

I guess he's some kind of cool cucumber! How crazy of me--I really pictured him in like a secondhand-looking "grandpa" coat, haha (though I assume everyone is pretty much in secondhand stuff at this point)! Maybe I am projecting my own grunge-era past onto Jesus (another weird thing to type!).

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

It would be interesting if Heath wondered back on to the show.  I would love to hear the conversation about where he has been gone all of this time.

No, you won't. 
Because, if Heath comes back, it will be right after something exciting finally happens and they'll give him a three-hour flashback episode about what he's been doing and why that means CDB shouldn't just kill a villain they're facing.

Edited by rab01
  • Love 3
On 3/7/2018 at 1:07 AM, Nashville said:

Neither of which Rick nor Michonne know anything about.

So that info is hardly likely to be a major factor in their decision-making processes.  :)

Oh, yeah, you're right. Even if they did notice them, it wasn't going to help with their current problem. I was just thinking that like Chekhov's gun, that helipad and helicopter are bound to play a bigger part. Not that I actually bothered to say that in my original post :)

• Love 1
On 3/6/2018 at 11:06 PM, maystone said:

When Tara made her way back to where she and Heath were fighting the sandpile walkers, she found Heath's glasses next to a set of motorcycle tracks in the dirt. From Tara's grin, she was thinking that Heath was rescued by someone.

I remember back then they kept focusing on symbols or numbers Tara had on her wrist. I guess that one of those never to be explored plot points, like Bob's secret box.

• Love 2