Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E14: Games People Play

• Start Topic

On 3/9/2018 at 1:52 PM, ChicksDigScars said:

Once again, Ellis' actions reflect negatively on her daughter. She was a shitty mother. She put schtupping a married man in the OnCall room, above her daughter and her husband.  She put her career above them, as well, which was the least offensive thing she did. She was verbally abusive, demanding, aloof, and not exactly a warm, loving parent.  And now Meredith is quite possibly going to suffer the fall out of her selfish mother's actions with someone else.  She was a gifted surgeon. That's the one redeeming quality we've been shown of Ellis Grey.  Oh, and she gave up her second daughter to be raised by loving parents, instead of her. She gets points for that, too.  At least she was self-aware enough to realize that there was no sense damaging a SECOND child needlessly. 

Tell me again, WHY they had Mere name her daughter after her? What was Derek's mother's name? The woman who was a military nurse and raised and educated five doctors after her husband was murdered? Now, THERE'S a grandmother that poor Ellis Shepherd could be named after that would make sense.  Every time they mention little Ellis (when they bother), I think WHYYYYYY.

ETA: just looked it up on Tyne Daly's Wikipedia. Her name was Carolyn. 

in my mind. Ellis JR is named Susan Alexis Grey Shepherd.

6 hours ago, Daisy said:

in my mind. Ellis JR is named Susan Alexis Grey Shepherd.

Lexie's name was Alexandra Caroline, as we learned when George expressed his amazement over something (can't remember what) she was doing.

3 hours ago, jschoolgirl said:

Lexie's name was Alexandra Caroline, as we learned when George expressed his amazement over something (can't remember what) she was doing.

smushy way of getting Alex, Lexie, Iz + Christina in there.

Alex/Lexie (is obvious). and then the "is" is for Iz + Christina

(also. i totally obviously didn't know Lexie's name and this is the best BS way to answer ;) thanks for the correct)

On 3/11/2018 at 5:08 PM, Layne said:

The situations were reversed last season when Jackson was being a total dick to everyone, especially April and his mother. He was yelling at April, telling patients about Samuel (which wasn't bad in any way, just OOC for him), stuck in a one-track mind about how to perform the surgery, disappeared/refused to prep for the surgery, getting drunk when he was supposed to be working, giving up on the patient when things got hard... But April knew something was wrong and she dug and pushed until she got to the bottom of it and helped him find resolution. It's a bad look that he can't do the same for her this season. 

Jackson can suck an egg if he thinks the way some people defending him want him to think. Just last season, April was the one who accompanied Jackson to Montana to see his dad and was his main source of support, only to never have it spoken of again until it was implied that it wasn't a big deal for him. I think the thing that pisses me off the most is that the show somehow made a good decision story-wise by having Jackson express his concern to Arizona, except instead of that leading to concern by multiple people that would then reach out to April, they dropped Arizona's role completely and had Jackson reach out to his love interest instead of April. His concern seems fleeting. Just enough to not make him a complete asshole, but not enough to be the friend that April needs. Last season, they weren't just exes connected by a daughter, but apparently we're supposed to be that's it for them now? That's the major disappointment for me in this episode, even though Greg Germann's is hilarious and super entertaining.

• Love 9
On 3/11/2018 at 5:22 PM, Chas411 said:

Exactly. And the fact that he can so dismissive towards her while being all sweet and lovey to Maggie in my opinion makes him just come off as insincere and sleazy imo.

Dismissive is exactly the right word - his behavior would make you think they've been divorced at least a decade and are both re-married.  As far as being sweet and lovey to Maggie, I wonder if that could be exactly because she is "off-limits" as his mother's step-daughter.  When he first started to ask her out, she said it would be weird for multiple reasons, so did that forbidden/complicated aspect just make him want her?  Also, she hasn't had a front-row seat for his years of relationship/sort-of relationship status with April that Meredith, Arizona, Alex, etc. have.  Someone relatively new to your life, who is forbidden, is of course going to seem fun as compared to the hard work of maintaining a long-term relationship and raising a child together. It would be nice if Jackson's mother or Richard flat out said that to Maggie since I guess she's too emotionally immature to pick up on something basic like that on her own. 

• Love 2

Finally caught up with episode - Jaggie scenes didn't shock - random patient inserted into the episode to tell them (and the audience) what sexy vibes there are between them. Eyeroll. When you have to have a character explain to the audience what they should be thinking about a pairing - that pairing isn't working. 

Also... Were we supposed to give a crap about Sam/DeLuca?

Edited by Chas411
  • Love 11

@Chas411That's what has been bothering me all along! First April tells them, up until then ( and after that) nobody noticed anything! And now a young girl notices other supposedly attraction?  Oh Please!

What kind of acting is it when we the viewers no longer can catch into it by ourselves? 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Chas411 said:

Finally caught up with episode - Jaggie scenes didn't shock - random patient inserted into the episode to tell them (and the audience) what sexy vibes there are between them. Eyeroll. When you have to have a character explain to the audience what they should be thinking about a pairing - that pairing isn't working. 

And also, another speech about how brilliant etc. Maggie is, this time from Richard. The audience should understand that without characters in the show having to announce it all the time. 

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Shellie said:

And also, another speech about how brilliant etc. Maggie is, this time from Richard. The audience should understand that without characters in the show having to announce it all the time. 

It’s like Krista and Debbie just don’t get it. If maggie isn’t a strong enough character to stand on her own then having multiple people flat out say it isn’t going to make people root for her.

• Love 8