Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Posen on the Red Carpet

• Start Topic

I thought the second shade of red she placed in the middle of the front made it look like some type of accident happened to the model-whether someone spilled something down the middle of her gown, or something more personal

Oh, you are so delicate!  The dress belongs in a tampon commercial.

I think the issue is not height but weight.  The fashion industry has no idea how to handle curvier women and if you cut off a curvy petite gal at the wrong angle, she is going to look stubby as hell. If Alyssa was still a size 0-2, she would not be having issues.

Sorry, but there is no reason for a MILLIONAIRE MARRIED TO BRADLEY COOPER'S AGENT to not be able to find flattering clothes.  Fitted tunics with cigarette pants and high heels, suits with long jackets, cute shifts ... If women can get adorable MATERNITY clothes, then fire plugs can find cute clothes too.  Go hire Christian Siriano, call Octavia Spencer's stylist, OR HAVE A PETITE WOMAN CHALLENGE, for heaven's sake.

Edited by AuntieDiane6
  • Love 15
On 3/9/2018 at 5:42 AM, Caseysgirl said:

I love Allyssa Milano, but I agree with everyone else that she is being done no favors by the stylists who are working with her. She has a beautiful face and can carry off that short hair but I wish she'd try something a little longer.  I'm no expert on what looks good but this is a show about designers, why don't they have a challenge to design for Allyssa?  She's not a model but she isn't fat or out of shape. Surely, they could make some flattering outfits for her.

I've been thinking about this & honestly, I'm not sure we should be blaming a stylist. If Alyssa doesn't like something, I doubt anyone could force her to wear it. I think we're seeing Alyssa dressed in what she wants to wear. I think the bad fashion taste is all hers.

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, GaT said:

I've been thinking about this & honestly, I'm not sure we should be blaming a stylist. If Alyssa doesn't like something, I doubt anyone could force her to wear it. I think we're seeing Alyssa dressed in what she wants to wear. I think the bad fashion taste is all hers.

She could use a session with those What Not to Wear (UK) ladies who emphasized what looks good over what is in vogue.  The sad truth is that one can wear whatever they like, but they won't necessarily look good.

• Love 3

I don't know whether it's just my increasing contempt for georgina clouding my opinions but I thought she was out of order criticising the simple red dress. I knew she wouldn't like it because her aesthetic is all feathers and tulle and the opposite of simplicity. She should've been objective. I wish someone would have said to her just because she makes certain kinds of dresses doesn't mean those are the ones everyone should make and they're wrong if they make simple designs. I wonder how she has at award seasons when actresses wore lbds or dresses that were classic with one colour. Did she ignore them, scoff at them. I can imagine her giving dirty looks and being disgusted at those who wear jeans and t shirts and no make up.

• Love 3

I loved Fabio's gown, including the color. And I want it. I look great in muddy colors and half dead in clear, bright colors. I've always been an inverted triangle, with broad square shoulders, boobs that don't hide, no hips, no ass, and short skinny legs. Now that I'm old, I have even less of a waist, and I have a belly. I would love that dress, with its hint of a waist (just a hint, but certainly more than I have) and those lovely full pleats where I got nothin'. Or too much. There are so many wonderful ways you could bling up that deep V, or go super simple, and wear some killer earrings. So maybe it's for an older woman. I dunno. I think I would have worn that in my wild twenties, though. There should be choices that aren't all skin, all the time.

I'm not heading for any red carpets any time soon, but I am going to try to adapt that shape to something I can wear out to dinner or something.

I'm glad Anthony won, though. I just loved his happy squeal. He needs to be on my TV all the time.

Joshua was the reason I nearly didn't watch this season, and I'm so glad he's gone, with his odd notions about how much he knows, compared to the rest of the world. Sweetie, I knew what a pin tuck was when I was 16 and taking Home Ec and I put them in a shirt I made. And yours didn't look so hot.

• Love 7

Really didn’t understand the designers mentoring each other. I would’ve liked to see Zac mentor them or even Stanley, since he won the previous challenge. And he would not have to be mentored by anyone.

i guess it’s just me but I find Anthony kind of annoying. Glad Josh is gone. I wish we would’ve seen a screenshot of the winning design being used in the lifetime movie !

• Love 1

Joshua was the reason I nearly didn't watch this season, and I'm so glad he's gone, with his odd notions about how much he knows, compared to the rest of the world. Sweetie, I knew what a pin tuck was when I was 16 and taking Home Ec and I put them in a shirt I made. And yours didn't look so hot.

I know, right? Between grandmothers and Home Ec I learned pin tucks, smocking, tatting...

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Kdel1079 said:

I wish we would’ve seen a screenshot of the winning design being used in the lifetime movie !

I did a Google search and couldn't find it.  If they had given the name of the movie or the actress, it would have helped, but "Lifetime movie red carpet" is just too vague.

2 hours ago, jhlipton said:

I did a Google search and couldn't find it.  If they had given the name of the movie or the actress, it would have helped, but "Lifetime movie red carpet" is just too vague.

It takes a while for some of these projects to wrap and then to actually release it! Two years isn't out of the ordinary for some productions to finally get out there! Be patient; it'll get there! ;-)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Fiero425 said:

It takes a while for some of these projects to wrap and then to actually release it! Two years isn't out of the ordinary for some productions to finally get out there! Be patient; it'll get there! ;-)

The way they made it sound, the movie was finished, Lifetime (or the actress) just needed a dress for an approaching red carpet event.  If not, by time it's done, I'll have forgotten all about it (which may be their fiendish plan!).

On 3/9/2018 at 11:29 AM, Boofish said:

A runway finale of Fabio, Anthony and Stanley will be LIIIIFFFFEEEEE!

For me, that would be win win win ... But gotta admit Fabio is totally my pretend boyfriend/sister wife/what-have-you. My weird crush on him intensifies each week. I love his voice and his personality ... (I also think if I had to buy an entire wardrobe in just one color for the rest of my life, it would be that silver-periwinkle-pale blue he used for the astro challenge that landed him B3). 

But I could watch that GIF of Stanley's eye roll eleventy bazillion times over and not stop laughing. 

On 3/9/2018 at 12:08 PM, cinsays said:

BTW, what color was Fabio's outfit?  Looks gray to me, my friend says my tv color is off and it was a deep blue.  How did it look to

My inner Crayola box would call it a deep teal.

• Love 7

I couldn't believe Rosie Perez judged every gown based on if her "girls" could fit in it or could be seen in it. As many people have said, Stanley's model is stick thin. Was he supposed to make the dress with a giant bust so that Rosie could rip it off the model and wear it home? 

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, Jsage said:

I couldn't believe Rosie Perez judged every gown based on if her "girls" could fit in it or could be seen in it. As many people have said, Stanley's model is stick thin. Was he supposed to make the dress with a giant bust so that Rosie could rip it off the model and wear it home? 

Rosie Perez pretty much makes me question life, but in her defense, it was a red carpet challenge.  I know that Hollywood isn't the only place for red carpets, and actresses aren't the only wearers of gowns, but when one thinks red carpet, that's where one's mind goes.  Hollywood types are sort of known for having generous bosoms, and I don't even think there would be a reasonable way to retrofit Stan's gown for a woman with large breasteses.  Other than that, pffffft Rosie Perez. 

• Love 3
On 3/10/2018 at 4:38 PM, qtpye said:

My cousin is also pretty young and has no idea who Alyssa Milano is in the first place.

During my broadcast, there was a commercial for Milanos by Pepperidge Farms.    Seriously.

On 3/10/2018 at 12:18 AM, Gothish520 said:

And what was that no hugging nonsense at the end? 

I thought it was very considerate of Josh to avoid getting greasy stains on everybody's clothes.

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

For whatever reason, it is so amusing to me how so many of us question the taste level of one of the judges (Alyssa) of a design competition.  

I question Heidi Klum's taste level too on the regular version, although she usually looks better than Alyssa does on the show. On red carpets, though, she often looks rough.

• Love 7
On 3/10/2018 at 8:27 PM, Kdel1079 said:

Really didn’t understand the designers mentoring each other. I would’ve liked to see Zac mentor them or even Stanley, since he won the previous challenge. And he would not have to be mentored by anyone.

i guess it’s just me but I find Anthony kind of annoying. Glad Josh is gone. I wish we would’ve seen a screenshot of the winning design being used in the lifetime movie !

Anthony is adorable and amusing, but I can see that squealing schtick getting old quick. He's not quite as fantabulous as he's hyped up to be, and I certainly don't think he can do no wrong.

• Love 6

I loved Fabio's dress.  Loved the color, the flow, everything.  Stanley's was simple but elegant.  Not surprised Georgina didn't like it since simple isn't exactly Marchesa's jam.  Helen's looked like something had spilled down the front; I was surprised she was safe.

Couldn't be happier to see Josh go.  Based on what we've seen on each of his runs on this show he's a deeply unpleasant, ignorant, arrogant person who creates garments that are, for the most part, awful.  And those shoes!!!!!!!!!!  Aside from the hilarious fact that he could barely walk in them, they looked beyond stupid with the rest of his outfit.  Not for the first time, but with any luck the last, I question his taste level.

• Love 8

Georgina should still have been objective though. She never used to be like this on the earlier seasons. I'm going to watch the show again and see her reacting to to Stanley being safe and the others complimenting him, bet she looked pissed off. Wonder if Stanley will be the one she can't stand and unfairly criticises all the time.

• Love 1
On 12/03/2018 at 7:15 PM, Diane Mars said:

Imagine... Ken, Anthony, Josh and Dimitri, together, bitching about other designers ^_^ I'd PAY to watch that, lol !

Me too - I'd pay cash money just to see Dmitry react to Anthony's little squeals.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, TexasGal said:
On 3/12/2018 at 8:15 PM, Diane Mars said:

Imagine... Ken, Anthony, Josh and Dimitri, together, bitching about other designers ^_^ I'd PAY to watch that, lol !

Me too - I'd pay cash money just to see Dmitry react to Anthony's little squeals.

I'll contribute a half gallon of grain alcohol to make their Sangria more interesting and less censored.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, MelinaBallerina said:

I totally forgot, I wanted to ask if anyone knew if Josh's model was Danielle from ANTM?  She looks very familiar to me.

I think it's Aminat from ANTM.

• Useful 1
On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:33 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

The more I see of Edmund's, the luckier he becomes that Josh did a Josh.

What happened to Edmund? He was a star the 1st go round! Now he can't do much of anything right! You usually do better after knowing what to expect! A real shame! ;-(

• Love 1