Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Posen on the Red Carpet

• Start Topic

(edited)

Isaac looks funny wearing the zebra on his shoulder. Is this a thing now? If it was smaller I might have liked it.

Edited to add: Isaac just said that the zebra’s name is Norman. Hmmph

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, gingerormaryann said:

I would have gone for Fabio for the win but how can you dislike an Anthony win. 

That's exactly how I felt. And Anthony's dress was beautiful, so I was fine with the win. That color was a great choice. But I loved every single thing about Fabio's, and I agreed with the judges that it seemed more like future fashion than any of the others, which were all familiar and current styles (maybe not Edmund's...).

It's a little ironic that Orange Josh went home for this dress, which was relatively inoffensive compared to some of the garbage he's sent down the runway before. I kind of loved his color combination, in fact. But whatever, at least he's gone. Fingers crossed that Helen will be next.

Edited by mauras
Autocorrect
  • Love 15
(edited)

I didn't *love* Fabio's.  I guess my tastes run pretty contemporary.  The colour was just soooooooooo dull for me (think: an old carseat) so it was hard for me to care what was going on.  When the judges raved about it I was like, okay, I guess it's kinda Star-Warsy?  I dunno.

I say this every week.  As a person, I like Edmund.  But omg.  He has gotten so many "second" chances.  His taste is just not good (to me.)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 18
1 minute ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The colour was just so dull for me so it was hard for me to care what was going on.

My thoughts exactly.! Such a dull color for a red carpet, you know how when someone designs something with a short skirt and more 'out there' aesthetic they say it's for the Grammy's or MTV? I couldn't come up with an event for that color and style in my head.

• Love 7

I'm so glad Josh is finally gone - I have disliked him every time he's been on and hope to never see him again. I'm an amateur sewer and quilter and even I know what pintucking is and how to do it. 

• Love 15
(edited)
1 hour ago, anniebird said:

I'm so glad Josh is finally gone - I have disliked him every time he's been on and hope to never see him again. I'm an amateur sewer and quilter and even I know what pintucking is and how to do it. 

Josh's arrogance has always gotten in the way of his creativity; a total inability to take criticism and lashes out when disappointed! His putting Isaac on blast just embarrassed him even more! I missed the runway earlier! WTF is Alyssa wearing? ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 19
6 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

Josh's arrogance has always gotten in the way of his creativity; a total inability to take criticism and lashes out when disappointed! His putting Isaac on blast just embarrassed him even more! ;-)

I missed the runway earlier! WTF is Alyssa wearing? ;-)

I think Alyssa is cute as a button, but her fashion taste (or that of her stylist) SUCKS.  Since Day One, she’s always worn WTF outfits.

• Love 22

I have never liked Joshua’s work, always questionable taste to me. I did like Fabio’s but wish it was a different color as well. Looked so comfortable and still chic. I do not like to color of Anthony’s though...in blues I only like navy or midnight blue for gowns. The color seems prom-ish. Not wild about any of the reds but never am.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I cannot stand his pompous ass and am beyond thrilled that he FINALLY got the ax.  I’m also beyond thrilled that he decided to wear those booties, with a 6-inch heel, no less, on the runway; he looked like a damn fool trying to walk in them.

There are older pictures of him hurdling in a track meet, looked gorgeous! What in the HELL has he done to himself? ;-)

• Love 5

During the intro I was hoping they were limiting Alyssa to waist-up shots only.  My imagination was enough for a head-to-toe shot.  But no, towards the end of the section, we got the full hideous frontal,  Even my imagination hadn't gone that far. 

• Love 10

To me, Helen's design looked like the after shot when a simple red dress colides with a waiter carrying a full tray of drinks,  Right down to the unfortunate stain past the fine china.

I think we saw Anthony use that color back in his first year when he won and had his design on the front of Marie Claire.  Then it was a simpler design but all the rest were not editorially suitable. (Heidi may have been the model photographed for the cover.

• Love 5
(edited)
On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:01 AM, chitowngirl said:

When you have Zac, Isaac, and Georgina, why oh why do you need Rosie Perez?

For the same reason we need Alyssa - we don't.

Edited by Brookside
  • Love 5

I just moved off the farm a few months ago. That goat in my profile picture is not a random goat, but a goat on my own farm. So you might see this everyday where you live but I squealed out loud when the camera pulled back to show Josh wearing those sparkly ankle boots. I loved that so much. That was sincerely adorable. He's so mean sometimes but his eyes tear up so easy. I can't see anybody cry without crying myself. I'm a leaker. And then teetering off in those heels trying to show himself all swagger and sass? Aww. I didn't like his dress but I don't think it was the very worst one. I didn't like that red rose either, Rosie Perez.

I thought Fabio's dress was the best but I am very happy with the Anthony win. Is the prize a good prize? Styling a Lifetime movie star? That seems sad to me but what do I know -- nothing. And my favorite part of the episode was that Anne wasn't there. I enjoyed that the most.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

Josh's arrogance has always gotten in the way of his creativity; a total inability to take criticism and lashes out when disappointed! His putting Isaac on blast just embarrassed him even more! I missed the runway earlier! WTF is Alyssa wearing? ;-)

She's wearing further proof that there is no full length mirror on the set of PR.

5 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

he looked like a damn fool trying to walk in them.

It was beyond stupid.  Johnny Weir he ain't.

• Love 13

I liked Anthony's dress, but tbh, I didn't love any of them.  Again.  When Fabio's came down the runway, a ? literally popped up above my head.  That was the strangest, least red carpety garment I could have imagined.  Maybe for Mrs. Yoda or Mrs. Obi-Wan.  But I'm in a fly-over state, so there you go.

• Love 6
On 3/2/2018 at 11:01 AM, chitowngirl said:

When you have Zac, Isaac, and Georgina, why oh why do you need Rosie Perez?

The same can be said about many, of not most, of the guest judges. They are there to promote something, not due to their fashion expertise. That being said, I like Rosie. She added some energy to judging, and I thought she was remarkably subdued, for her.

I loved Stanley and Anthony's dresses. I liked Fabio's, but the color didn't seem right for that type of dress to me. I wanted to like Edmond's so badly, but that big 'ole flower may as well have been a target. I also wanted to like Ken's but it was so tortured; not his usual result. He too has been very subdued, especially given his first appearance on PR. I didn't like Helen's, but I didn't hate it. Then there was Josh. Everything Josh has made this season looks very "hoochie mama", and what in the world was he thinking wearing those shoes? He couldn't even stand in them. I think they sent the right one home. I want Helen to go home next. Fingers crossed. Toes too.

• Love 6
(edited)

I see now why the editing defaulted to mostly showing Alyssa from the waist up when they were at Zac's atelier.  I don't even know how I missed this, unless I'm unconsciously blocking her - 

Screenshot (174).png

Yeah, that's a faux fur hem.  Thinking they deconstructed a 1970's sofa for this look.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 7
(edited)

Judges last week: Merline, stop showing us the same thing every week!

Judges this week: Designers, show us your signature technique aka show us what you have been doing every week!

I cracked up when the designers had to pretend to be excited that the prize this week was designing a dress for a Lifetime movie event.

I did not understand the purpose of making the designers mentor each other this week. Would you trust these bitches to give you honest and helpful feedback?

I was cracking up when Fabio, Ken, and Anthony were not even trying to hide that they were watching Helen "mentoring" Stanley, to the point where Stanley said that they looked like they were watching a Barbara Walters special. What was even more hilarious was when Helen tried to tell Stanley to shorten the hem enough so the models shoes were visible and the entire peanut gallery started shaking their heads and stage coughing.

Stanley's red dress was beautiful and eye catching, partly due to the vivid shade of red he chose. It was simple in design but as a red carpet dress, it would land an actress on the best dressed list because it was very classic and classy.

Helen's red was a slightly darker red which made it look more somber. I hated that whatever she did created this unintentional wrinkling/sagging/pooching of the fabric over the model's stomach and pelvis. Who wants to look droopy there? I found the rest of the design simple and boring. This is the kind of dress that would be ignored on the red carpet because there was no drama.

Edmond's giant rose, on the other hand, was definitely the kind of red carpet dress that would be photographed. People might love it or hate it, but they would remember it (unlike Helen's snooze of a dress). When he said he wanted to do a ruffly rose, all I could think was that the judges told Angela to stop doing her rosettes/fleurchons and Ven to stop making his origami roses. Roses do not go over well with the judges! I agreed with Georgina that the brocade didn't go with the satin rose.

I love Anthony but I thought the shade of blue he chose made it look like his model was wearing a denim dress. I thought his dress looked a bit simple, but it would look great on many different red carpets (as Rosie Perez pointed out).

Once again, this same model has her model draped over half the bodice. She did this the other week but I can't remember if Josh was the designer that week too. Is this just her thing? Does she think that her hair looks so awesome that she should cover one entire half of the designer's top every week on the runway? I agreed with whichever judge said that the pintucked top and the colorblocked skirt looked like they were from different outfits. I was shocked that he didn't make another trashy half naked bondage dress.

Fabio's dress looked like a caftan. Yes, it looked easy but not in a red carpet way. It looked more like resort wear, like something you'd throw on over a bathing suit on your way back from the pool.

Ken's pink dress did look like a sofa (I can't remember which designer said that) because of that heavy-looking jacquard fabric. I didn't like the poof on the side either.

I give Helen a little credit for accurately guessing whose designs were in the top and in the bottom. Six for six! I'm glad that Stanley quickly squashed Josh trying to pick a fight for a remark as innocuous as "I'm in good company." That's just a polite thing that people say. It doesn't mean "EVERYONE ELSE SUCKS ASS." STFU, Josh. Man, talk about thin skin.

Anthony's squeal of joy when he was announced the winner was adorable.

I'm glad that Josh was finally eliminated. He should have been eliminated weeks ago because he has been churning out hot garbage. Sorry, hot slutty garbage.

15 hours ago, notcreative enough said:

I just realized Helen is the last woman.

I realized that last week after Merline was eliminated and all I could think was how in the holy fuck is HELEN the last female designer left this season?

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
Noticed a typo
  • Love 14
(edited)
53 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

this same model has her model draped over half the bodice.

????  Did you mean hair?  If I recall correctly, Josh (or the hairdresser) suggested that she wear it that way.

Edited by Miss Ruth

I didn’t like Helen’s dress at all.  It was OK while the model stood still, but when she walked, all I could see was the puckering on the seams.  Everywhere the two sides of fabric met were puckered and drew my eye right to it.  Especially b/c of the shiny fabric up against the flat fabric.

By Josh!  You are not as talented, unique or fierce as you think you are.  West Hollywood Mardi Gras Drag Queen parade wear has a place, but it ain’t on Project Runway Allstars.

I think Alyssa’s Runway get up was one of the worst she has ever worn.  And I am including her super unflattering maternity outfits.  There are so many different choices out there for women who are not as thin or as tall as the models!  Why does she consistently wear clothing that makes her look short, square and dowdy?  I will say her face/makeup looked beautiful, so thank goodness the glam crew likes her better than the stylists.

Speaking of models...WTF with Stanley’s girl?? She is beyond skinny! Do you think she has the same number of bones, muscles and organs as the rest of us?  How do they all fit into such a tiny frame? 

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

I think Alyssa’s Runway get up was one of the worst she has ever worn.  And I am including her super unflattering maternity outfits.  There are so many different choices out there for women who are not as thin or as tall as the models!  Why does she consistently wear clothing that makes her look short, square and dowdy?  I will say her face/makeup looked beautiful, so thank goodness the glam crew likes her better than the stylists.

As a short woman I will say that getting good fitting petite clothes is a challenge. Not impossible but you have to know what looks good on your body image. I think what goes wrong is that the most stylish outfits are made for a taller lithe person and that never translates well to a smaller person. We smaller people want to look chic too and sometimes people give up and choose style rather than what fits their body type. I’ve always wanted them to do a runway for petite ladies. Even a challenge where the models are 5’ 2” and under. I think Alyssa chooses style or fashion rather than dressing for her size. Wrong choice. 

• Love 14

I love Allyssa Milano, but I agree with everyone else that she is being done no favors by the stylists who are working with her. She has a beautiful face and can carry off that short hair but I wish she'd try something a little longer.  I'm no expert on what looks good but this is a show about designers, why don't they have a challenge to design for Allyssa?  She's not a model but she isn't fat or out of shape. Surely, they could make some flattering outfits for her.

• Love 15
(edited)
59 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

As a short woman I will say that getting good fitting petite clothes is a challenge. Not impossible but you have to know what looks good on your body image. I think what goes wrong is that the most stylish outfits are made for a taller lithe person and that never translates well to a smaller person. We smaller people want to look chic too and sometimes people give up and choose style rather than what fits their body type. I’ve always wanted them to do a runway for petite ladies. Even a challenge where the models are 5’ 2” and under. I think Alyssa chooses style or fashion rather than dressing for her size. Wrong choice. 

One of my shorter friends says that she looks up to (no pun intended) the Olsen twins for what they wear.  I'm not short but even I've looked up to what they've been wearing since like 2004.  They've always been far ahead of fashion trends.  Reese Witherspoon is another good one.  MK can be really out there -- too creative for me; but I think Ashley and Reese are extremely chic.  A lot of women seem to like Rachel Bilson as well.  A lot of actors are short and I'm not even talking about designer stuff that's impossible to emulate - they just do well pairing different items and putting outfits together.  Reese's wardrobe on "Big Little Lies" was adorable.

I have to disagree with your last sentence - I don't have anything against Alyssa but I don't think she knows anything about chicness, style, fashion.  Someone suggests a random outfit to her and she agrees.  She's probably never prioritized thinking about this stuff for herself.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2