Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: Who's Your Buddy?

• Start Topic

Fresh off the 8K, Whitney must re-evaluate her goals; six months out from her stroke, Babs gets behind the wheel for the first time; caught between the former lovers, Whitney has to break some bad news to Heather and mend a rift with Buddy.

I do love seeing Glenn go off on Twit. While I don't endorse the "give me a grandchild" spiel, looks like Daddy darling isn't as enamoured of Twit's BS as he has been. And what a CHILD on the ride home from the airport. 

• Love 14

My favorite line so far is in the beginning when she said she couldn’t understand why she couldn’t walk an 8k. Um ....

Caught up on social media during the long, drawn out Heather stuff. 

• Love 9

"I don't see why I couldn't finish the 8k" REALLY? You don't SEE why you couldn't finish? Apparently someone doesn't own a full length mirror. And of course "maybe I should lose some weight" never came up in conversation.

I love cats but I do kind of understand Glenn's reaction to the cat seeing as how Whitney may be bordering along cat hoarder, don't get me wrong I don't see anything wrong with having a lot of cats if someone is able to take good care of them, however Whitney is very selfish and doesn't seem to take care of her own cats seeing as how their fur is usually matted and there's poop on the floor/furniture (also, Henchi never seems excited when she arrives at home lol). I do think it's annoying how he keeps bringing up grand children, not everybody wants/can have children. I had to laugh at Bab's saying "fornicate", then Glenn getting so mad about it.

• Love 14

I didn't realize that Heather had children. Yes, she needs to walk away and get Buddy out of their lives. Not that he's a bad person or even that he had to go to rehab, but more because he's unstable right now, he's put other things in front of his relationship with Heather and her kids, and just needs to deal with these things on his own and away from children.

Is KLove actually her friend or just a fitness guy who got some free publicity from her? 

Enough with the cats. G-d almighty. It's a cat. I'm with Glenn on this one - and what house sitter would let a stray stay in the garage w/o permission? 

Yeah, Whit, you've stalled. You don't work, you don't dance,  you don't contribute to society. You hardly even show up for your own dance classes. I'd tell you to get out off of my TV, but I enjoy the snark.

• Love 19

What's the deal with Heather,  her kids look really young, how long has she been divorced?   If she was involved with Buddy a while,  looks like it didn't take her long after.  Should concentrate more on her job and her kids, not a recovering addict who clearly wants to move on.  Getting involved with a mom of young kids is a huge responsibility, and there are often conflicts with baby daddies.  Buddy isn't up to it right now. 

• Love 21

Plantar fasciitis and blisters but suddenly she's barefoot in BGDC pain free. Hmmm.... yeah. Right. Either there's a BIG gap in the timeline between HI trip and filming this part or it's more "how stupid do we think the viewers are".  

1 minute ago, Brooklynista said:

Oh look, more stolen choreography with limited foot movement. 

Fixed it for ya. 

• Love 24
(edited)

Put gas in your car Whit?! What the fuck is wrong with you, you do nothing, how are you so lazy that you won't even put gas in your car? And what has Whit not quit?

Edited by John M
  • Love 11
(edited)

What is this closure that Heather wants? The morbidly obese alcoholic drug addict dumped your ass, it's closed. Also he heavily implied that he cheated on you or at least tried.

Edited by John M
  • Love 20

Wow so apparently the rest of the Hawaii trip after the race sucked so badly they couldn’t even get any more show material out of it!! 

And, Heather. Really?  Wedges are the easiest type of heel to walk on.  Why are you walking like Frankenstein‘s monster in them? 

• Love 8

Whit has to go down the stairs one at a time??? The dancer can't do better on stairs than a person with mobility issues???

I'm just going to say right here, that Whit and Babs are like me and my son in the car. We had to fly on a recent trip because we didn't want to kill each other driving 10 hours together.

I hope Babs can get better at driving. I had a great aunt who was 90 something before she stopped driving. She swore to me that if they took her license for being old, she was going to drive anyway. It's hard to be dependent on others just to go to the store or church.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Wow so apparently the rest of the Hawaii trip after the race sucked so badly they couldn’t even get any more show material out of it!! 

I really wanted to see her making everyone's lives a living hell on the rest of that trip...because you just KNOW she did. Hobbling up to her room, taking to her bed for days and ordering room service, while blaming everyone for making her do this and humiliating her...that would've been more interesting than this episode, which is so far pretty boring.

But no...we cut to being back home and miraculously, all feet issues have magically disappeared! She's "dancing" again (waving her arms while not moving her feet...ugh) with no apparent signs of all these horrible, debilitating foot conditions she suddenly had when faced with some actual exercise.

• Love 20

Twit's giving me flashbacks to my mother's attempts to "teach" me to drive (my grandfather had taught me at 14 and I drove home after every sailboat race without telling her). Mom used to plant her feet on the dashboard and keep saying "we're going to die" the entire time I was behind the wheel. Twit's screaming and carrying on was way more distracting than anything Babs had going on medically. Plus she's got to be hard to see around.

Love that the foot issues came back when Buddy asked about them.

1 minute ago, SouthernCross said:

Glenn doesn’t want another cat pissing all over the house he cosigned.

And Todd wasn't about to sit down and stretch on that.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, John M said:

Put gas in your car Whit?! What the fuck is wrong with you, you do nothing, how are you so lazy that you won't even put gas in your car? And what has Whit not quit?

In fairness, this reminded me so much of my dad (Rest his soul). I swear his car was in some kind of alternate dimension because it was ALWAYS on empty and he never ran out of gas. Drove my mother crazy. The older I get, the more I tend to tempt fate (not intentionally really) and let it get pretty close to fumes before filling up. 

• Love 2

Whitney tells Todd about the Fitness Marshall's tour, and includes this tidbit - "Apparently, a lot of people asked about ME." (flips her hair and gives Todd the "I'm SO fabulous" look.)

Cut to me, walking across my living room and trying to figure out how I can bitch-slap someone through a TV screen.

(IF anyone asked about you, it was probably to ask why you are such a QUITTER)

• Love 24

I have mixed feelings on the Babs’ driving thing.  I remember how my parents, uncles, and aunts had to struggle to get my grandfather to stop driving when he was in his late 70s and no longer had the reflexes and coordination to drive.  It is a huge loss when you no longer have the independence to drive yourself so I totally understand Babs’ concerns.  My own mother is Babs’ age and she hasn’t driven for about 10 years (due to issues with multiple sclerosis). Luckily, she remembered her father’s driving issues and  voluntarily stopped driving—so wasn’t a fight. 

However, the way Whitney is talking to her mother as though she has suddenly become the parent and Babs is her child  is incredibly disrespectful. I want to slap Whitney.

• Love 15

Babs asking Whitney who died and put her in charge over the driving thing made me literally almost ruin my keyboard!

My mom, like Babs, is also a southern belle (from Virginia) and at 90, passed all her doctors and state tests to retain her license this past year.  My daughter complains to me that I should take her keys/car away from her and I imagine it would go over similarly.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, MegD said:

Bitch, get off your high horse. A medical doctor has approved your mother's ability to drive. You don't get to decide that.

Well, you know women are just silly gooses who can't drive or even wipe their derrieres and need Daddy to do everything.

• Love 5