Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E11: Week 10

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Black Knight said:

You're not an idiot. But the thing is that that supposed "non-answer" in itself confirmed to them that you were interested, though, because otherwise you would have just said, "No, I'm not interested in you." You would only say "I won't answer until you figure out your feelings for the other person first" if you are interested but trying to be decent about it. But they still get the information they were after, that you want them. There really isn't any way around revealing that information in what you say to that question unless you straight up lie that you're not interested when you are.

So I really put the fault on the person who chooses to ask the question, rather than the person who answers it. The person who asks the question is going to get the information they want either way, unless the other person lies. The questioner should not be asking the question at all, and should be figuring out their feelings for the person they're with, and breaking up with that person without arranging a backup person.

I get what you're saying, although I disagree with what happens in reality. In my case, I rarely ended up dating the other woman. Either she would recommit to her relationship or break up after too much time had lapsed and our interest had waned. I think there actually is something to telling someone to go figure out their relationship on their own that actually pushes a person to do just that. With a clear head.

And it was more than just telling someone you're interested in them. I've dated female versions of Arie, they need to KNOW that they will be stepping into a relationship before breaking things off with someone (or just start cheating). It's more than just saying you like someone or are interested. Arie knew Lauren liked/loved him, he was looking for her to tell him she would forgive him and take him back. I really do think had she told him she can't answer that while he's engaged to another woman it would have made Arie think things through on his own. Maybe it's psychological, but not giving them that reassurance really impacts their decision-making. At least in my experience. 

• Love 3

I do think that Arie slow-walking in the house and refusing to leave was, as others have said, the TPTB's way of baiting Becca to get more reaction from her---screaming at him, asking tons of questions as to why, what does she have that I don't have, maybe a slap to the face---to make this The Most Dramatic Season's End in Bachelor History!!! 

I think she was further blindsided because she referenced the conversation Arie had with Lauren but thought it was a way for him to put the relationship to bed (see what I did there?) and instead he used it to confirm that his feelings for Lauren were stronger that they were for her.

I had a relationship that mirrors the relationship of Arie and Lauren.  I was shy, quiet, reserved and he said that, little by little, I was letting him in and he was getting to know me.  I also, in retrospect, think he projected a lot onto me, much as Arie seems to be doing with Lauren.  We eventually got married but flamed out in a matter of months for a myriad of reasons but I think one was because once we got married, the relationship was no longer a fun, exciting puzzle and couldn't sustain the day-to-day, mundane life of marriage.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, rebel2u said:

I do think that Arie slow-walking in the house and refusing to leave was, as others have said, the TPTB's way of baiting Becca to get more reaction from her---screaming at him, asking tons of questions as to why, what does she have that I don't have, maybe a slap to the face---to make this The Most Dramatic Season's End in Bachelor History!!! 

If I were her I would go into the bathroom (they can't follow you there, right?), draw a nice hot bath, and stay in there for as long as necessary. Hours, even. Just keep adding more hot water.

• Love 11
18 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Drinking game: One shot every time Arie says "I love that."

Or CLARITY and CONFIDENCE. OMG, those two words were used an awful lot by someone who ultimately had neither.

I couldn't stand Chris Harrison's over-sell either. It seemed intrusive and unnecessarily cruel to repeatedly harp on the 'raw, unedited, unemotional footage shown in real-time' (which, nah -- it wasn't; that doesn't mean what you think it means).

And Arie, when you're asked to leave, frickin' LEAVE (and yes, I was yelling that at my tv).

• Love 7

I'm new to Bachelor Nation and I couldn't believe he told 3 women he loved them all.  Imagine my surprise at this!  However this is just further pushing the envelope of what's to come IMO.   I would guess "most" couples breakup so now it pretty much will be caught on camera during the safe house visits after the season is over but before the season is cut and shown on TV to the public.   CH wants this crap filmed....it's the potential juiciest part.

In the future I can imagine very dramatic breakups, screaming , yelling, throwing etc.   It feels like escalation.

17 hours ago, econ07 said:

Can Becca sue the show for showing the break-up?  Maybe they had to pay a substantial sum to her to show scenes after filming was over?

Feel like they don't really need to show this scene ... it's enough to say they just broke up.

I'm thinking whatever she signed before coming on the show gives them the right to pretty much film & show anything / everything for the standard going rate.

It was exploitative -- not only showing the long, painful EXTENDED version of it (let's face it, though -- they HAD to show at least the main part of the breakup), but the way Chris Harrison was practically salivating as he promoted & teased it with glee all night. All that "I'm going to warn you, it's VERY emotional" stuff was pretty sickening and the whole thing went on way too long. She needed to yank off that microphone and kick him out MUCH sooner (and he needed to just LEAVE, already). If he had sat there staring at me hoping for some kind of comfort for HIMSELF as long as he did, I'd have had to do something drastic. LOL

• Love 7
(edited)

I think people are forgetting that Lauren and Becca dated Arie at the same time, they have both known him for the same (short) length of time, they both fell in love with him at the same time and they both went to the proposal spot on the same day, both in love and both expecting a proposal at the same time.. 

Now, just a few weeks later,  because Becca got the proposal and Lauren didn't, we're expecting Lauren to act  and feel like a stranger who is only this minute  meeting a man who is "in a relationship," and she has "inserted herself" into something as sacred as a marriage.  She did not do that. 

I find it odd how many people these days put "in a relationship" in the same category as a marriage.  A marriage is a huge, legal, usually religious, commitment far beyond this thing between Arie and Becca which consists of a grand total of about five actual days together.

I love that!™ Arie Luyendyk

Seriously, this post makes a lot of sense. I love it™ Arie Luyendyk.

Edited by TheFinalRose
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

Now, just a few weeks later,  because Becca got the proposal and Lauren didn't, we're expecting Lauren to act  and feel like a stranger who is only this minute  meeting a man who is "in a relationship," and she has "inserted herself" into something as sacred as a marriage.  She did not do that. 

I find it odd how many people these days put "in a relationship" in the same category as a marriage.  A marriage is a huge, legal, usually religious, commitment far beyond this thing between Arie and Becca which consists of a grand total of about five actual days together.

To me, it doesn’t matter if he’s someone else’s boyfriend, fiancé, or husband (for 5 days or 5 years). They all mean he is unavailable.  And depending on Lauren’s actions and statements (which I’m sure we will hear about tonight), her hands may not be clean.

What’s that old saying? The Lord will never send you someone else’s husband (or boyfriend or fiancé). If Arie wanted her that bad, he should have ended the relationship and then pursued her. 

• Love 12

I don't blame Lauren at all. I wouldn't take the prick back but she's 25 introverted and seems infatuated with Arie 

She's not a home wrecker and didn't do anything wrong. Arie was thr one in a relationship with becca. He owed her loyalty not Lauren. I definitely think Arie will eventually hurt Lauren again and leave her for another woman. I also think Lauren and Arie are more  suited to each other. Becca seems very high energy. She's outgoing always doing silly things. At those after engagement visits she was shown mugging for the Camera. Lauren is very low key didn't have much personality

Arie is very low energy so becca may just exhaust him

I can't say I wish them the best because Arie is an asshole and I hope he's miserable. 

• Love 9
17 hours ago, econ07 said:

The more time I spend with you, the harder it will be to reconcile with Lauren. ... ... ... there's something you want to hear from your fiance, how your engagement impacts his potential future with other women.

What he actually said was "the more time I HANG OUT WITH YOU . . . " (emphasis mine), which was even worse. He considers engagement and "I'll choose you every day" to be "hanging out"?

Anyone know the timeline of events -- how much time passed between the engagement and the breakup? Weeks? A few months? And OBVIOUSLY, he had been talking to Lauren. Is she waiting in the wings all ready to roll, or will she be surprised as well? I'd tell him to take his sloppy seconds and hit the road, Jack. No thank you.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, slowpoked said:

This. Not to take anything away from what Arie did, but I wanted to punch Chris Harrison's "awww shucks...." face a lot of times last night. Never mind that they are playing someone's humiliation and heartbreak for everyone to see, but heck, this is the most dramatic thing ever on reality TV show history!!!

He might as well have said during the show: "Do you think Arie could humiliate Becca even more? What else could Arie say that would make things worse? Will we finally see Becca CRY? Find out after the break."

Yeah, but, to me, Ari is the one who should be embarrassed or rather ASHAMED.  Thank God, Becca dodged that bullet. She'll eventually be glad she didn't get tied down with that jerk, I mean,  guy who is sooooo indecisive and clueless. Wonder if he watches Seeking Sister Wives....hmmm....it may be for him. lol

• Love 2
7 hours ago, phlebas said:

Luke from Winter Games: "Oh thank God, they hate someone else now."

LOL, best post yet! But I've got plenty of hate left for Luke too.

2 hours ago, OnTime said:

Were there any hot tubs this season? Seems there are less of them now, too. I can't remember.

Likely because Arie has a dad-bod and not a hot bod there were minimal shirtless scenes for him. Just the one hot tub on that group wilderness skills date that I can remember.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, rebel2u said:

He also probably has a ready-for-cameras script because he was expecting her to ask "Why? Why wasn't it me? What went wrong? Why are you still in love with Lauren? Well, maybe if you're still in love with her, you're also still in love with me. Let's work this out. I love you. Maybe you'll change your mind later."

And was totally stunned when she went off to the room by herself and wanted nothing to do with him anymore. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Shannon and Bettina (Brad's 1st season) are my all time favorite Bachelorettes.  I've often wondered how they are doing.    

The fact that only one Bachelor out of 22 went on to marry his chosen one, tells me that the rest most likely regretted their final choice.  They just didn't break up with them on camera.  Heck, Dr. Travis didn't even have an ATFR show.  

I noticed that Lauren took a page directly out of Molly's play book.  After being dumped by the Bachelor, instead of getting angry, she calmly told him that she still loves him and that he is making a huge mistake.  It gave the Bachelor something to think about.  And based on the result, it worked; first on Jason and now Arie.  

I LOVED shannons reaction to the fantasy suite card, which if you recall was never ever seen before this moment" Oh is there a card for Alec/trista and a card for forget her nameand alec? She was very awesome. All I remember about bettina was that Brad was crazy about her and her dad didnt like him.

4 hours ago, slowpoked said:

This. Not to take anything away from what Arie did, but I wanted to punch Chris Harrison's "awww shucks...." face a lot of times last night. Never mind that they are playing someone's humiliation and heartbreak for everyone to see, but heck, this is the most dramatic thing ever on reality TV show history!!!

He might as well have said during the show: "Do you think Arie could humiliate Becca even more? What else could Arie say that would make things worse? Will we finally see Becca CRY? Find out after the break."

“And now that I dragged Becca to the gates of hell and back by orchestrating the worst breakup ever by pulling the strings of the Arie puppet and make sure everyone blames HIM.... tune in next season to watch me become her best friend as I ‘help’ Becca try to find true love—or will I?!” Evil leer.

• Love 2

I wonder if the producers had her family mention lauren on purpose. Seriously i was wincing everytime they mentioned her, and did Aries dad really say "either one of you will do"? ack.

• Love 5

Poor Becca, I feel sorry for her pain; on the other hand, she dodged a bullet.

Gosh, what a creep! Nice of the show to have this all on TV.  It looks like she took the ring off.

Chris looks like such a pompous jerk with his false sympathetic face.

Becca's barely holding it in. If she stays mad, she can hold back the tears. She's got the stoic face going for Arie. Her emotion's real: "Don't touch me!" She's reacting the way I would except I probably wouldn't have as many f words, but the folded arms hugging her body, the hiccup cry, she just wants to get home and alone before she busts out with the real tears. She doesn't want to fall apart in front of the cameras. She definitely doesn't want to cry in front of him if she can help it.

And here is Becca! (Although this is a very sad situation, it's not as though someone died.)

I bet Uncle Gary was ready to go after Arie with his cane.

It would be ironically funny if Arie then regrets Lauren and wants Becca back.

• Love 10

JoJo tweeted that there were never cameras on their SafeHouse dates. 

But there were several scenes of Arie & Becca, making pizza, on the hammock, up to and obviously including the breakup.

Which makes me wonder if Arie let production in on his little plan all along, hence the filming.

Which makes me hate him that much more.

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, felicity porter said:

What’s that old saying? The Lord will never send you someone else’s husband (or boyfriend or fiancé). If Arie wanted her that bad, he should have ended the relationship and then pursued her. 

He did.

17 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

I love that!™ Arie Luyendyk

DRINK!

16 minutes ago, ChiMama said:

Is she waiting in the wings all ready to roll, or will she be surprised as well? I'd tell him to take his sloppy seconds and hit the road, Jack. No thank you.

She won't. She'll accept that Neil Lane ring tonight (just guessing that will happen, not a spoiler. But it would be hilarious if it was the same one he gave Becca.). Because: FAMEWHORE.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

After all, he kept saying he was struggling with his feelings for Lauren and that he felt like he owed Becca more than only half of him so why would being with Lauren be different if, as he claimed, he also loved Becca.

As I recall she DID ask him something similar, like "does that mean she only gets half of you because you love me too?" I have to admire how smooth she was removing the engagement ring too -- I had to rewind to she when she did it when I suddenly noticed it was gone. She's a better woman that I would have been in that situation -- I think I would have had a much more dramatic ring removal and "return to sender" moment, for sure. Much more satisfying.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Sterling said:

JoJo tweeted that there were never cameras on their SafeHouse dates. 

But there were several scenes of Arie & Becca, making pizza, on the hammock, up to and obviously including the breakup.

Which makes me wonder if Arie let production in on his little plan all along, hence the filming.

Which makes me hate him that much more.

Some of those videos though look like "home videos", most probably from their phone. The video in the hammock looked like a selfie, and the rest don't look professionally done. So while I think they do have some producers with them during their visits, the pictures and videos are from Arie and Becca. The breakup visit was probably the first time the producers had cameras and mics with them. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

“And now that I dragged Becca to the gates of hell and back by orchestrating the worst breakup ever by pulling the strings of the Arie puppet and make sure everyone blames HIM.

It was really cruel of them to lure Becca into "the lion's den" with the promise of a couple's weekend.  I can picture the producers, Fleiss and CH giving each other high fives when they heard about Arie's change of heart.  All in the name of ratings.  

• Love 5
16 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

Guys, did you all hear that snippet when Lauren said that she and Arie had met in Dallas and he didn't remember her right away on the first night? Then she said also at the Final Rose Ceremony when they met "in the summer" and not on that first night with everyone else? So all that wondering about her audition tape and how such a robot got cast was on target.  They had met before and that's why he kept her around despite our astonishment. Guess ABC does not care anymore and didn't bother to edit that out. 

So do we know anything more about their having met each other previously?  I'd never heard it before (although I don't follow off-screen stuff much).

16 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:
16 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Is Kimmel live? O r did he get a preview, minus the Harrison stuff?

They must show him ahead of time because he always promotes Bachelor stuff, but it does say "Jimmy Kimmel Live"

Kimmel was live when the show first started, but it's now taped in the late afternoon on the west coast, so the Bachelor episode wouldn't have aired yet, even on the east coast, before he tapes his show.  But I'm confident he (his staff) gets information ahead of time.

7 hours ago, Amy Beth said:

As awful as Arie was, I rate Chris Harrison worse. The sheer orgasmic glee over how the show was trending on social media was gross.

Plus, he was looking pretty rough in that little scene with him and Arie.  Harrison needs to watch the hair dye--he's getting awfully close to the icky red that old men have who dye their gray hair and think it's brown but looks more like they dip their heads in mercurochrome.

6 hours ago, scribe95 said:

So I would have been okay with some editing of that.

I'm torn.  It went on forever, but I remember when the Loud family was on PBS in the 1970s, and it really was like watching things as they played out.  This felt like the good old days of "reality" TV.

8 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Becca clearly signed up for all this and was agreeing to things like cameras coming to the gray-sofa house, and sticking around saying nothing, rather than taking her gigantic bag and leaving.

I want that house.

6 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

How can anyone think this was a total shock to Becca?  She is told to fly to where the house was, is met by production and driven to the house, she walks in and camera crew are everywhere, she strolls through as if she doesn't see them and talks out loud "to herself," about what a cool place.  After the initial "shock," of his break up words, she doesn't cry but smoothly removes the ring, then says a few "Oh my God"s before covering her face with her hands and working up a few tears.  Down the hall, crying sounds from someone, packed bag, "No you stay I'll leave," followed by  long minutes of the two of them staying in front of the cameras, neither one being able to think of anything to say. 

I've never owned a cell phone but it hasn't stopped me from walking away from awkward situations I didn't want to stay in.  There were far fewer cameras in that limo than in the house.

I think if Becca was as real and sincerely in love as she wants us to think, she would have had it out with Arie long before what we saw last night and when production called to set up the on camera meeting she would have told them to stuff it.  I call fame whore who wants to be the Bachelorette.

She looked like she was in shock, and that's probably how I would have reacted, so maybe that's why it seems real to me. 

I think it's obvious she knew there was trouble, because she said he had called Lauren, but I don't think that means she wasn't taken by surprise that he was breaking up with her.  It hadn't been all that long since Peru, and maybe she was giving him time to work things out.

5 hours ago, Palomar said:

I still think that the "Mesnick" situation was worse as it happened on ATFR and Molly was already in the wings waiting. 

I'm not sure what you mean by "in the wings waiting."  My recollection is that Molly didn't know he was going to dump Melissa.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Welp it happened again as I predicted, somebody who I liked once they became the lead was ruined for me.  Arie's "sensitive" voice makes me want to rip my hair out.

Don't risk your own hair, Armchair. Rip out Arie's hair instead.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Lauren knew Arie was now engaged and he was calling her conflicted over his feelings. She could have done the honorable thing and told him he needed to figure out his feelings for Becca before she felt comfortable talking about a relationship. But it doesn't seem like she did that.

But maybe she did.

4 hours ago, huahaha said:
6 hours ago, Losemynumber said:

The DM to Bekah said , “ just realized you were born the same year as my first 2 on 1”

what did I miss? Bekah born in 1995. Arie’s 1st 2 on 1 was not in 1995!

It was probably a homecoming picture or something.

I assumed this meant his 1st threesome *shudder*

• Love 5
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

But maybe she did.

I assumed this meant his 1st threesome *shudder*

Eh, if you want to give her that credit that's up to you. I still think Arie is pretty weak, and he wouldn't have called everything off like this if he wasn't assured she'd take him back. And depending on how tonight goes (there are some rumors out there), I find it hard to believe she was blameless. Maybe we'll find out more tonight. 

• Love 2

Becca shouldn't be embarrassed, she didn't do anything wrong.  Its not fun to get broken up with, but we've literally most all been there with the exception of the camera crew.  I liked how she held it together and didn't cry until she thought he'd gone, he doesn't deserve her tears.  It was infuriating that the crew obviously had him come back inside once she started to break down.  It also seemed like that getaway car was meant for her not him.

• Love 5
(edited)

I just don't think Arie or Lauren think about other people. They're both pretty shallow and selfish. I don't think Lauren is responsible for what happened last night, but I don't think she looks good in all this.

My thoughts as well. Because of being really disgusted that Arie treated Becca that way I admit I was probably guilty of over emphasizing Lauren's role in this. She was not responsible for Arie's actions at the final RC. If he loved her that much he should have been a man went with his gut and not made a decision based on what his family thought. She wasn't responsible for him ambushing Becca the way he did. But she is not the total innocent is this either. Once that proposal was made she should not have encouraged Arie when he made contact with her. Just because these people are dumb enough to go on this show doesn't mean they should throw away common decency towards their fellow man. Being "in love" is no excuse. So yes she's for the most part not responsible for Arie's actions but your right she doesn't look good in all of this.

I'm amazed though how quick people are to critizise Becca in all this. Since when does getting blindsided on national TV make you the villain??  Trying to paint her in a bad light does not justify Arie and Lauren's decisions. She did nothing wrong but suddenly her motives and thoughts are being questioned? Makes no sense to me. Smh.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 8

For those interested in more details, Reality Steve has the best breakdown. As others have mentioned, don't read his Part I recap if you don't want to be spoiled re: Part 2. 

Arie is a player and a famewhore. That he would be willing to humiliate a woman (in front of millions of viewers) he professed to love and even proposed to, tells me EVERYTHING I need to know about his character. And as broken-hearted as Becca was in that moment, I guarantee she was 1000% over him within a couple of weeks. She's too smart, strong and beautiful to waste more time than that mourning that boring, cardigan--wearing jerk.

• Love 5

Did anyone catch last night that Artemus said he called Lauren?  So do you think he flat out asked her would you get back with  me if I broke up with Becca and fshe said yes so he went straight to CH to let him know the  engagement was off?

i keep mulling over that call.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Diana Berry said:

Did anyone catch last night that Artemus said he called Lauren?  So do you think he flat out asked her would you get back with  me if I broke up with Becca and fshe said yes so he went straight to CH to let him know the  engagement was off?

Go to Reality Steve's site for the answer to your question. (Just google Reality Steve) 

• Love 1

What the ever-loving fuck did I just watch?

Arie realized that the more time he "hung out" with Becca, the less chance he'd have with Lauren? FFS, that's sort of THE POINT of an engagement, and a subsequent marriage. Y'know, that you choose that person to the exclusion of all others. THAT'S WHAT AN ENGAGEMENT IS.

And did he honestly try to defend himself by telling her that he'd mentioned his doubts? Geez, you fucking douche, that makes it okay, then. 

Oh, and Aerie, you gray-faced jackass: when someone tells you they want you to leave, YOU LEAVE. You don't hang around trying to extract absolution from someone you just hurt. IT WASN'T HER JOB TO MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER.

Did I never occur to him, not once, that if he was going back and forth the morning of the rose ceremony, he probably WASN'T READY TO PROPOSE TO ANYBODY.

I'm so glad this season is almost over. I won't have to watch the figurative wheels turn in Aerie and Lauren's heads as they try to string sentences together in a semi-comprehensible fashion.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I think people are forgetting that Lauren and Becca dated Arie at the same time, they have both known him for the same (short) length of time, they both fell in love with him at the same time and they both went to the proposal spot on the same day, both in love and both expecting a proposal at the same time.

It was approximately two months later

i don’t have any problem with Lauren tho.  I’m not optimistic about her future with Arie.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

1 hour ago, felicity porter said:

He did.

It sounds like Arie may have been contacting Lauren in a non-platonic way before breaking up with Becca. Becca mentioned that he was liking Lauren’s photos on Instagram and there are reports that he called Lauren (to confirm she would still be there) before dumping his fiancé. 

The Instagram photos could be innocuous, but when you consider she was a very recent ex and Arie apparently goes back to her, it doesn’t look like dump then pursue. It looks like pursue then dump. 

Of course, I’ll happily take my words back if tonight’s show demonstrates that Lauren had no contact with the guy until after Becca and him broke up. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ChiMama said:

What he actually said was "the more time I HANG OUT WITH YOU . . . " (emphasis mine), which was even worse. He considers engagement and "I'll choose you every day" to be "hanging out"?

Anyone know the timeline of events -- how much time passed between the engagement and the breakup? Weeks? A few months? And OBVIOUSLY, he had been talking to Lauren. Is she waiting in the wings all ready to roll, or will she be surprised as well? I'd tell him to take his sloppy seconds and hit the road, Jack. No thank you.

Two months

• Love 1

re: Lauren & Arie. I need to go back and rewatch to hear what she said but on their final date this episode I believe she said something to him like "you didn't remember meeting me in Dallas".  So they'd apparently met before the show at some point? I'm going to find the exact minute of the episode and update my post but that is an interesting piece of information if it is as I heard it. 

Not to distract from all this other stuff but the way they've chosen to showcase/edit Lauren is so odd that if Lauren & Arie had some kind of history that might be important. Especially since he was kind of a last minute Bachelor switch. Ugh this show. 

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Diana Berry said:

Yes! I think that is exactly what happened. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

RS mentions he hates Arie, but it's BECAUSE he keeps doing shit like this to women. I didn't know who Arie was before this show, but it seems like he cheats on a lot of his girlfriends. And his ex (the one who miscarried his child) is quoted as saying their breakup didn't go down the way he described it. But what's worse, she says she didn't tell friends and family because it was too painful for her, but now they're finding out because ARIE chose to tell people on national TV. She's claiming he used her tragedy to win over Lauren on national TV. 

AND he portrayed himself as a victim by hearing it only in a phone call along w a break up notice.  The truth is Arie was present at the miscarriage. 

Arie has plenty of practice of lying to women.

This going over the top telling both women that he loves them so so so much when he knew he was going to dump one of them was unnecessary.  I felt badly for Lauren. She handled it with dignity, and summed up what we all felt, “I’m so confused.”

Good luck Lauren. Hope a miracle happens

• Love 2

Lauren wouldn't know any of this before she went on the show but in the time it's been after the show she has had plenty and time and access to sites that lay out the sordid side of Arie's past.   Of course she can claim that she knows the "real" Arie for whatever that would be worth but she should at least acknowledge the pattern. 

While Becca seems to have escaped him she fully admitted how she was willing to go all the way with Arie (kids) and make a life with him.   She was all in.  That's why she deemed the loss of Lauren and all of Arie's feels associated with that as a roadblock that they were working through.   It made sense to her....Arie was invested in Lauren and it was hard for him to just shut off those feelings.

Arie and his fake sad face should have broken up with her in private.   And when he tried to sound magnanimous about doing it in person I wanted to crash through the TV.  What a tool.

• Love 9
(edited)
5 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

And Brad got all kinds of flack for choosing himself. interesting!!

Right! Brad's finale was, is, and likely will always be my fave Bachelor finale. 

1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Did you notice the door was locked when he pulled on the handle?  Pretty amusing.

Second best part of that whole thing after Becca's "I'm like not gonna hug you goodbye."

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

As I noted, I haven't really watched this season because I found Arie duller than dull. So last night was the first time I truly watched him with the women and it was interesting when Arie's mom, in giving her opinion of the two women, essentially said exactly what I was thinking. Lauren came across as this frail, fragile little flower that Arie has to hand hold and reassure all the time, while Becca was very "this is what I want, this is who I am". And I do wonder if that in itself is part of the appeal of Lauren for Arie. Becca has the type of confidence where people say things like she doesn't need a man. She's the kind of woman who's fine to stand on her own (not saying that is true or not because I don't know her). And some men are intimidated by that and want the woman who they feel truly needs them and looks to them as their protector. 

YES, I think you hit the nail on the head. I feel like he wants to be a Daddy, to reassure poor little Lauren for the rest of his life. He even said that to his parents- she needs reassuring and I like giving that to her, but am I going to have to do that for the rest of our lives? The answer is YES Arie but you like the young girls.  He likes the weak types. I think she will need reassuring for the rest of her life, because he seems to have a wandering eye. 

• Love 3

Well, someone has to stick up for poor old Grampa Cardigan Possum! Firstly, I have to congratulate Arie on a spectacular range of color variations in skin tone in this long, long ep. We got the green, we got the grey, we got the mistakenly applied orangey foundation, the thick beige foundation, the sickly yellowish cast, and for the most dramatic footage ever, shown 'undedited' (my god will it ever end! it was so boring, and I kept waiting for the shot they used in the teasers all season of Becca crouched down low in a corridor wearing something pale blue, weeping full on into her hands, and we never saw it), he was a lovely mottled shade of greeney-grey.

Grampa Possum, how I will miss you on my screen!

I thought, seeing him in that appalling polyster-look bright blue, ill-fitting (the sad baggyness of the crotch area, he looked like a bus driver! no offense to bus drivers) suit for the proposal, someone in production must really hate him.

Now I understand Lauren's peculiar edit. (Though I did enjoy the tinkly fairy-tale music she got this ep, and the surprise of seeing her unnaturally animated in their dates.) It was a punish edit.

I found and still find Becca loathesomely dull and twee and ugh, the thought of having to endure her as Bachelorette... I don't think gleeful Tia on the couch watching this 'live' had yet taken in her big chance had just gone south. I live in hope Becca declines the gig, but it is a faint faint hope. 

My sympathies watching this were more for fembot with spectacular rearview in leggings Lauren, who was broken up by the breakup/non-proposal rather than just embarrassed, which seemed to be the focal point of Becca's response. But they're both dull girls with not much of an emotional or intellectual range, and even someone who was fun and interesting on a season becomes a robot bore on this franchise once in the lead role.

Some other highlights: Arie's flat affect on seeing her new and fugly wrist tattoo. 'It's big.' (Thank god it wasn't 'Arie Jr For Eva!')

Wondering will he recycle the ring, will he lose the ring before he gets the chance to recycle it - he stuck it in his pocket at one point.

That blue-eyed lama looking so utterly contemptuous and bored with Arie and Becca cooing at it.

Their spectacularly crap date setting (v Machu Picchu!) by a roadside, hahaha.

Some really good shots of Machu Picchu, plus a good touristy look around Cusco, too. Very interesting. Thanks show.

That sludgy brown river when Arie 'proposed'...

• Love 8

Oh, I forgot to actually stick up for him! He's just a boy, regardless of his earth age. A man-boy who likes to have a smorgasbord of sexual partners, who likes frosty-demeanored well-made-up women who seem disinterested in him (mummy issues!); ie, classic Hitchcock blondes, with vocal fry and perky wardrobes...

He can't help who he is. I think he is sincere in his feelings, but shallow and fickle.

The best part of course is Krystal (glitter!) throwing shade on his member. Live that down, playa! Hahaha.

But I really do like him, despite it all, despite him creeping through the season tonguing all those women, making gloopy baby sounds and cooing at them, 'expressing empathy' by saying awww, gazing stupidly into their eyes before plunging the tongue in again, using his patented Arie Jr headlock and wall push moves, moving like a sexy panther in one moment and then schlepping around in his big boy shorts with dorky legs in long socks the next.  Nawww... God bless.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Meh.  Most of my sympathy is for myself and the rest of Bachelor Nation. We've been promised Big Drama for months and all we get is some poor possum footage, a few lady like tears, and what seemed like four hours of empty hallway with some  magnified breathing sounds.  Maybe it was because of the slantingly referred to, "You know I've been struggling with getting over Lauren," stuff but I felt like Becca had, had plenty of warning.  In fact, if I had heard one word of indication that my husband to be was unsure of his decision, the engagement would have been over.  Becca clearly signed up for all this and was agreeing to things like cameras coming to the gray-sofa house, and sticking around saying nothing, rather than taking her gigantic bag and leaving.

Can you imagine how much better this all would have been if someone else was the rejectee?  Someone like Krystal who would have been all over him with needledick insults, or Tia who would have turned the screen permanently blue, or Bekah who would have curated ten months of condensed therapy on his ass? 

Lauren may have expressed only one thought per day, but at least it seems like a sincere one.  Becca has been regurgitating Woo Girl talk since her first date with Arie, climbing on the back of his motorcycle with lots of, "Umm, ohhh,  lucky me," remarks.  Every word she said seemed out of a fun girl playbook, like, "I'm ready to do the damn thing!" and ending with the stilted happiness-play she put on after the proposal:  Smile.  Walk. Throw arms in the air and spin around. Walk.  Take Arie's hand and say, "Woo!"   I was not really surprised when her reaction to the break-up was a few tears and twenty-five  OMG's.  Where were  the questions, the sobs, the flashes of real anger?  Meh.  I hope she isn't the B'ette, she irritates me.

I agree so much with this! Arie being a boring, self involved douche aside, I was never convinced that there was any real love between them and I don't think that Becca was all that devastated or even surprised over this break up. One of the few things she did manage to express was how "embarrassed" she felt. This is telling imo.. she was more wrapped up in the appearances of "winning" the bachelor and how this break up makes her look in front of friends and family she was bragging to, than actually losing the love of her life. She will be fine and Arie will go on to live his self involved life happily with or without Stepford Lauren. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, felicity porter said:

What’s that old saying? The Lord will never send you someone else’s husband (or boyfriend or fiancé).

I think it's just the "someone else's husband" part.  The one where vows were made before God and the community.  Otherwise we would all have had to spend our entire life with that boy we liked in first grade.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "in the wings waiting."  My recollection is that Molly didn't know he was going to dump Melissa.

I remember speculation that Molly was already seeing Jason and if not they were at least in contact.  I'm sure they would not admit that if it had happened. And it went from him dumping her on live TV (even though she knew it was heading that way) to Molly and Jason on the couch the next day (or was it the same special....it is hard to remember) pretty much all over each other.  It was pretty shocking, thus the Molly hate besides the Jason hate.  At the time it was very shocking with it seemed there was little regard for Melissa.  Of course she got the last laugh and capitalized on her chance to be on DWTS (although that would not have happened if it were not an injury to Nancy O'Dell).  ABC needed someone fast.  I just hope that IF Lauren is giving Arie a second chance that it is a slow process and that it is not an "in your face" thing.  I am not spoiled for tonite so have no idea.  Not to mention I am pissed that ABC didn't do more to prevent spoilers.

• Love 1