Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E11: Week 10

• Start Topic

Sheesh!  It is all about Ratings & Drama!  Chris was so happy to announce it was Trending &  blowing up Social Media.  Ugh, if I was Becca I would have yelled at him & then yelled at the cameras to go away!  And why would Lauren be excited to be his #2 choice?!

• Love 10

I am at a loss as to why Arie chose to do this now and so publicly, instead of doing what most of the other Bachelors did, which was to wait until ATFR and quietly dump his "chosen one".  I wonder what he hoped to accomplish.  Is his love for Lauren so strong that he couldn't wait a few weeks?

• Love 24
(edited)

I've online dated (a lot) and dating can be be brutal.    One person likes another who likes yet another.   It can be like a game of musical chairs.   And you can be really into someone for a couple weeks and then suddenly change your mind, and he can do the same.   Arie's change of heart seemed normal to me.   I mean, how well did he know Becca?   

I like Lauren and Arie together and I hope those two crazy kids can make a go of it.     

Time for more wine!    Can't wait for tomorrow night!    Becca looked cheerful and over it.   I'm assuming she's the next Bachelorette.   I think she's boring, but I'll be watching.  She can complain about her new trust issues and the men can pretend to sympathize.   It's gonna be great!       

Edited by hyacinth
  • Love 12
Just now, nutty1 said:

Congratulations Arie! You’ve somehow managed to make Juan Pablo look like a wonderful Bachelor!

And he out-Mesnicked Mesnick!  He’s a legend!

Ugh, I just threw up in my mouth. I hate this asshole. 

• Love 14

Any possibility Arie was always going to pick Lauren and ABC asked Arie to do all this? This season was completely dull up until this point, for some inexplicable reason he's been zeroing in on Lauren for weeks. Had he simply picked Lauren to begin with, nobody would have batted an eye and this season would have been utterly forgettable. Are ABC and Arie that diabolical?

• Love 14
1 minute ago, nutty1 said:

I don’t have a problem with ending the engagement or changing his mind. I have a problem with them ambushing her on camera and showing it the entire viewing audience. 

Exactly. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

Congratulations Arie! You’ve somehow managed to make Juan Pablo look like a wonderful Bachelor!

I’m not going to lie, if he tweeted out to Becca that “it’s ok” I would pee myself laughing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

I don’t have a problem with ending the engagement or changing his mind. I have a problem with them ambushing her on camera and showing it the entire viewing audience. 

Arie did what many contestants do after this show is over: he had a change of heart and I can't blame him for that.  But I'm with you 100%.  I can't for the life of me figure out why they decided to film this.  It makes me feel dirty.

Also, Becca might be the most composed person ever.  I have never been that graceful when being dumped!  

• Love 20

And then refusing to leave.  I get that producers can ask him to keep going back but they can't force him to go back.  What made me especially want to claw his eyes out is his "I'm going to leave now" as if he were doing her a favor.  This came after she had just asked him to leave and he sat there staring at her and she had already asked him multiple times to leave. 

Like he had to control that last moment they had together. 

• Love 17

I don’t have a problem with ending the engagement or changing his mind. I have a problem with them ambushing her on camera and showing it the entire viewing audience

Unfortunately, she signed a contract that lets TPTB film and edit that film anyway they want. She is contractually obligated to appear on the after shows.

6 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Any possibility Arie was always going to pick Lauren and ABC asked Arie to do all this? This season was completely dull up until this point, for some inexplicable reason he's been zeroing in on Lauren for weeks. Had he simply picked Lauren to begin with, nobody would have batted an eye and this season would have been utterly forgettable. Are ABC and Arie that diabolical?

I hadn't thought of this, but I think you are on to something. I can TOTALLY see Fleiss planning this. Arie signed a contract too, so he has to do what TPTB tell him to do, and they can film/edit however they want.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Wouldn't they have picked someone more interesting to go in Becca's role if it was all fake?

• Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

I'm sure that's what they did with Mesnick and it's been years since that season so I wouldn't put it past them to do it again.

Edited by partofme
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Any possibility Arie was always going to pick Lauren and ABC asked Arie to do all this?

I don't think so for one reason: the second they got engaged, Arie was hounding Becca for babies. That's been a common thread for him.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, clubsauce said:

And why does he walk so slowly? It was like a horror movie! Or he has a bad back.

Also, freaking LEAVE when someone asks you to, you stupid idiot!

Oh shit, that’s who he looked like sitting there all feebly.  Fucking Nosferatu.  

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

This occurred to me as well. The last few seasons have been so predictable and meh that they had to up the ante. Now, even the Final Rose means nothing. (IIRC, didn't Jen Schefft wait until the live show to share her decision?) I might go one step further and wonder if all of it was staged. Why else would we have the Ross visit? There was really no need for him unless they wanted to introduce more drama for the next Bachelorette. 

Whether or not planned, Becca handled this like a champ. Kudos to the hiding her face in her shirt move. Appropriate crying, but absolutely resolute in wanting him to not touch her, to not talk to her, to just effing leave. 

I wasn't that against Lauren during the season, but if she takes him back, I've lost all respect for her. She's plenty attractive but in a very generic way. No discernible personality whatever. Does she realize her ideal day of waking up, taking the dogs out, going to work, playing with the dogs, cooking together, and having a glass of wine is basically Tuesday for everyone else in the universe? 

Arie looks nothing like his siblings, and none of them look like their parents. 

• Love 19
(edited)

Nice try to rewrite history, CH - Juan Pablo, a loser though he was, did *not* "break both women's hearts." He gave the final rose to Nikki, he just chose not to propose or say ILY when he wasn't ready.

18 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

Guys, did you all hear that snippet when Lauren said that she and Arie had met in Dallas and he didn't remember her right away on the first night? Then she said also at the Final Rose Ceremony when they met "in the summer" and not on that first night with everyone else? So all that wondering about her audition tape and how such a robot got cast was on target.  They had met before and that's why he kept her around despite our astonishment. Guess ABC does not care anymore and didn't bother to edit that out. 

I caught that too. It does explain how someone with Lauren's personality ends up on this show, and her rant to the producer that was shown in the Paris episode. She was probably promised that her win was a sure thing and got salty when she realized he was developing a real interest in other women.

At first I thought Arie's family was just plain rude to talk about Lauren on Becca's date all the time, but then I realized that Arie's dad was trying to warn her. "We'll be happy with either of you" - left unsaid was "because Arie won't last long with either of you, so it really doesn't matter to us in the long run."

Did Arie just realize, at age 36, that being engaged to one person means "moving further away" from the possibility of dating someone else? How many traumatic brain injuries did he sustain in his racing career?

I think Becca had a feeling that the breakup was coming, and she seemed to know that Arie had been in touch with Lauren. That's probably why her reaction was relatively composed. Still, I wish she'd have grabbed her bags and just walked out of there, like she was about to do. I'm sure producers told her that staying and crying and letting Arie stare at her while she cried were prerequisites to her getting the Bachelorette gig. 

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 16
(edited)

The appearance of Mesnick kind of telegraphed the nature of the MOST! SHOCKING! twist.

So Arie experienced Lauren's face usurping Emily's in his mind's eye, and he could not let this "second chance" fritter away, so Buh-BYE, Becca!

I suspect that tomorrow we'll see Feisty Becca and Smug "He's all MINE!" Lauren.

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 7
32 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Seriously? None of my fellow Wrong Reasons watchers were hanging on every awkward moment of that split screen? At first I was horrified that they humiliated Becca like this, then I was angry that he would. not. leave. But once we got to like minute 4 of that last scene of silence on the couch where he’s just awkwardly staring at Becca with his beady possum eyes,

OMG when he sits on the sofa watching her and won't leave, it's so bad it's funny. Kimmel just replayed it.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Armchair Critic said:

Arie will get bored with Lauren too.

Yes, as soon as she gives him what he 'thinks' he wants, he'll be done with her too. 

Wimp! 

• Love 8

Does he get a bonus if he makes her cry? Wtf did he come back for?? It wasn't to comfort her it was to antagonize her with his dgaf attitude. Almost like she dditn seem upset enough and he needed more angst from her to prove his worth. Are is a totsl piece of shit and I hope Lauren is watching 

This is exactly how he will treat her when something else shiny catches his eye

He doesn't have an ounce of compassion. Beccas pain was real. I've cried those tears we heard and I so much wanted her to throw the table at him or at the least be like hey this is a relief cuz ur kind of boring and I wasn't really into you. 

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

OMG when he sits on the sofa watching her and won't leave, it's so bad it's funny. Kimmel just replayed it.

Is Kimmel live? O r did he get a preview, minus the Harrison stuff?

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Is Kimmel live? O r did he get a preview, minus the Harrison stuff?

They must show him ahead of time because he always promotes Bachelor stuff, but it does say "Jimmy Kimmel Live"

Edited by Armchair Critic
1 hour ago, Gregg247 said:

Does nobody on this show "ugly cry" like the rest of us when we're upset?!?!

Ashley I.  She has ugly cried enough on this franchise to cover everyone. 

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

At first I thought Arie's family was just plain rude to talk about Lauren on Becca's date all the time, but then I realized that Arie's dad was trying to warn her. "We'll be happy with either of you" - left unsaid was "because Arie won't last long with either of you, so it really doesn't matter to us in the long run."

Did Arie just realize, at age 36, that being engaged to one person means "moving further away" from the possibility of dating someone else? How many traumatic brain injuries did he sustain in his racing career?

I think Becca had a feeling that the breakup was coming, and she seemed to know that Arie had been in touch with Lauren. That's probably why her reaction was relatively composed. Still, I wish she'd have grabbed her bags and just walked out of there, like she was about to do. I'm sure producers told her that staying and crying and letting Arie stare at her while she cried were prerequisites to her getting the Bachelorette gig. 

Interesting theory about why Arie's family mentioned Lauren so much to Becca.

There absolutely had to be something fishy about the breakup filming.  To the best of my knowledge, we haven't had much (any?) film of the 'happy couple' during the period after the proposal and before the airing, and yet this time they showed us several different encounters from that period.  I also do not believe Becca would have reacted so calmly...she never even raised her voice or called him any names.  And what possible good could come from Arie having been in touch with Lauren while engaged to Becca?  I feel bad for Becca, but I feel like either her eyes were open more than we're being led to believe, or she willfully kept them shut the WHOLE time, starting with the proposal itself where he looked miserable for most of it.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, escatefromny said:

So very true!! I could sense the Producer sitting next to the cameraperson  and miming “smile” while filming Lauren’s talking heads.   For me, Kauren is the void and Arie is the very thirsty vacuum.

She is truly as empty as she seems:  I see our lives so clearly: we would drink coffee in the morning then go to work, then have dinner AND on the weekends we’ll take the dogs to the park.  Is she a robot who has been programmed with the bare minimum understanding of human life?!??  When not engaged in the above activities, I picture her sitting perfectly still will a scowl on her face until the alarm sounds and she’s off to her next proscribed mundane activity.

My antenna was messing up but I got a total Stepford Wives vibe with Arie's family. Lauren looks like all the women that were there. 

She does not look like Emily at all to me. Emily has much stronger, sharper features. Lauren is pretty but they are not the same too me. 

Arie has no swagger either. 

• Love 5

Ari doesn't realize that Becca is a connector and that would lead to couple friendships, families getting together and real estate business leads but with Lauren the other moms, neighbors and co-workers will take her muteness and seeming lack of interest in anything for her just being a pretty, frosty bitch. 

• Love 12
(edited)

I think Becca had a feeling that the breakup was coming and she seemed to know that Arie had been in touch with Lauren.

Yes we heard them discuss that he had been struggling with his feelings. I think she just thought he was still feeling bad about hurting Lauren. But as she said she obviously didn't think it was that serious. 

I think the reason she didn't go ape shit on him was because of the cameras and the fact that she was in shock. I don't think in that moment she was thinking any thing whatsoever about Bachelorette but she handled herself admirably and with dignity and if she wants it (God knows anyone couldn't blame her if she didn't) it's hers.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 20
58 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

I was going to say the same thing.  It's not what he did, it's how it was handled. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

I would have snapped, Becca  is a stronger person than me... among the things I'd have said would be "Listen don't fucking wait around for a hug or an 'it's okay' because you're not going to get it. I don't owe you shit. It's NOT MY JOB to make you feel better about the shitty things you've done to me. You don't get to leave this all happy that you didn't fucking eviscerate me, that my guts aren't strewn around the floor."

Approx.

PREACH!

Was texting with a friend during this disaster and the fact that Chris Harrison knew before Becca that she was going to get hella dumped and they all were rubbing their hands together with Mr Burns "egggggscellent" running a loop in my mind....SHEESH.....I would have gone epic postal on him.  He had 10 seconds to get out the door before I went to find the knife block....maybe to throw some darts...maybe to cut off some parts....to send them to Lauren in a little ziplock bag.

He was trying to squeeze every second of pain out of her!   It's like he gets off on seeing woman fall for him and slobber all over him....(expletive rant)

• Love 9
(edited)

It's just reality TV, and damn good reality TV!     I wish I could watch other people break up in the privacy of their own homes.    I am a flat-out, unapologetic wrong reasons viewer.     

And the now-sainted Becca will be fine.   She will soon have 29 hot men after her, and make approximately $150,000 for her continuing lack of privacy in her dating life.   

Edited by hyacinth
  • Love 15