Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E14: Written in the Stars

12 hours ago, possibilities said:

The only relationship I've ever liked for Haley was her and Dylan. That made sense.

I am going to duck some tomatoes being thrown, but I really really want Andy to come back.  He was such a lovable goofball!!!

• Love 6
On 3/1/2018 at 7:08 PM, Blakeston said:

Colleges generally take major issue with professors dating students nowadays - but that doesn't mean it would be inaccurate to show a teacher and student being romantically involved. It happens all the time, and probably always will.

Regardless, it would only be an issue if he actually became involved with Alex, and thus far, he hasn't. (On the other hand, Manny dating his movement teacher definitely crossed that line.)

I thought Phil handled the Joe situation terribly. Probably not a good idea to convince a creepy 6-year-old that he could easily seduce his 40-something family member.

Not just any family member - his sister. I know he's much younger than her own children but he's still her sister. It was weird to me. So was Claire and Phil carrying on in Jay's and Gloria's bed. Wait until you get home or at the very least, use another room with sheets that your dad and his wife haven't slept in.  This episode was horrible. 

On 3/2/2018 at 12:47 AM, Commando Cody said:

Did this show forget that Claire is Joe's sister? 

Thank you! 

• Love 4
On 3/6/2018 at 8:16 AM, nilyank said:

I loved Dylan since he first sang that totally inappropriate song that he wrote to Haley in season 1.

Phil loved him and Claire treated him the way Jay treats Phil.

But he is now married with step-children, so that is out.

Also, the actor who plays Dylan is also apparently tied up in other projects and this was to give an out for the character. Plus, with the series ending next year apparently, I can see him making a brief return to wrap up the character. I just got tired of makign Dylan and Haley dumb and dumber and it got to the point you just didn't know how to the two of them even knew how to tie their own shoes by the end.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, snuffles said:

How did Alex's professor even have her number? Even though Haley is not a student at the college, her sister is in his class, so definitely there is a conflict of interest. 

Its extremely common to have student phone numbers for group texts, projects, etc. or at least be able to access them through an online student directory. 

He didnt get Haileys number from Alex and I fail to see a conflict and neither would the university.

• Love 1
On 3/4/2018 at 2:04 PM, UncleChuck said:

Well, Haley is not the professor's student, not even a student at the University, so no one is getting fired.  And she celebrated her 21st birthday in 2014 which would make her at least 24, possibly 25 by now.  The professor was not some ole geezer but a very young guy.  Universities are chock full of Professors who earned their Ph.D. by their mid-twenties so he could easily be just in his early 30s and still have done some rewarded research.  30ish to mid twenties is not much of an age difference.

Of course, we still think of dumb Haley as a kid, so...

Just caught this one on repeat and I'm not nearly as bothered by the professor/student thing (which as stated above, isn't even the case since Haley doesn't go there) as I am by the cheesy bullshit "I've run the calculations in my head and we're meant to be together" lines. Like, are they supposed to sound less creepy coming from a British accent? The idea behind it is just insulting, that Haley would come around to the idea of dating him based on his speechifying that came out of nowhere. They hadn't even MET at that point, she just interrupted his class and left. 

I've seen the subsequent episodes with those two together and there's zero chemistry. The only person Haley ever truly seemed to click with was Dylan, all of her other boyfriends were lopsided relationships.

I still like Haley with Andy the best.  I know a lot of people didn't like them together, but I thought they looked cute and happy.  I'm not opposed to them exploring this English professor though.  I hope they develop their storyline a bit more (I haven't watched the rest of the season yet, so I guess I'll wait and see!)