Type keyword(s) to search

Meet The Peetes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I love this family and yeah, they may be overly cheerful, but in comparison to all the other ratchetness (Teen Mom, Vanderpump Rules, Real Housewives, etc. They all have something ratchet going on) I see on other "reality" shows, they are a welcome change. I love how much they love each other and I love their family dynamic. I also have an autistic relative who is much younger than RJ, so I watch this show to get some insight on how his life may be when he's older. And yes, I know that there is a spectrum and that they're all individuals.

I don't think they're phony though. Sure, you can tell that the show has scripted storylines, but I think that they are genuinely like they portray themselves on camera.

• Love 4
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:12 AM, MitaJo said:

I love this family and yeah, they may be overly cheerful, but in comparison to all the other ratchetness (Teen Mom, Vanderpump Rules, Real Housewives, etc. They all have something ratchet going on) I see on other "reality" shows, they are a welcome change. I love how much they love each other and I love their family dynamic. I also have an autistic relative who is much younger than RJ, so I watch this show to get some insight on how his life may be when he's older. And yes, I know that there is a spectrum and that they're all individuals.

I don't think they're phony though. Sure, you can tell that the show has scripted storylines, but I think that they are genuinely like they portray themselves on camera.

Very true. The Osbournes, they aren't. ;)

Was it ever explained why they left Oprah's network?

following... sorry for joining in so late to the thread..

I don't know much (well anything) about autism..and it is nice to see the prospective and information from RJ's point of view ,who is a young adult. He is also very handsome - the laides will probably be swarming - as soon as Holly takes a couple of steps back. I think he should live in a guest house before getting his own apt - Holly's mom can vackay somewhere else for a while.

What is it about the condition that limits those on the spectrum from living on their own, taking a couple of classes at a college (I think he would like being around kids his own age), and when the time comes moving out, marrying and having a family?

I agree with Ryan's feelings a few eposides ago. I think she was overshadowed as a child by RJ . I see it was a good move for her to go out to NYU and find her own voice.

RE: Episode Jump street -

Trying to be as kind as possible - did anyone feel like this episode was about 82 % - autism related ?   10% was about the cleaning bet, 5% was about Mom's move to Palm Spring (which I don't get), and 3% of fluff - Rodney at the radio station ?

On 4/7/2018 at 11:03 AM, tabloidlover said:

To be honest, I didn’t even get through the episode.  I think I’m 2 weeks behind. I’m not enjoying this version nearly as much as I did the previous one For Peete’s Sake.  

Just me?

I feel the same way. I loved their other show. But I just deleted this show from my DVR, because I never felt like watching all the episodes I had recorded.

I guess I am too addicted to (probably scripted) "reality show" train-wreck families to keep watching these nice people. And I was the one who requested this forum. I do feel as though I learned something about autism from the original show though.

Edited by ChiCricket
edit
  • Love 2