Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E00: Being Brittany

druzy
  • Start Topic

Brittany, Briana's older sister, must decide between following her dream of moving to Seattle versus staying home to care for her young nieces.

9:01PM-10:02PM (The time and date may change considering this took OG's timeslot) 

Preview

• Love 4

RUN, BRITTANY! RUN!!!! Stella and Nova can come spend summers with you when they're older. 

Let Briana and Roxanne take care of each other and let Briana raise her own kids.  You deserve to get to be the cool aunt and not the caretaker of the kids (and other two adults).  You didn't make Briana's life decisions that got her and her kids where they are. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

RUN, BRITTANY! RUN!!!! Stella and Nova can come spend summers with you when they're older. 

Let Briana and Roxanne take care of each other and let Briana raise her own kids.  You deserve to get to be the cool aunt and not the caretaker of the kids (and other two adults).  You didn't make Briana's life decisions that got her and her kids where they are. 

Seriously. Why is this even a "decision"?? The only way that should be a decision BRITTANY has to make would be if Briana & Roxanne died, but then she would just take the girls to Seattle with her....or you know, their dads could take them (sorry, I made myself laugh with that one!). I don't think I can deal with an hour of this bitch. If I want to see someone trying to act cool like Alicia Keys, I'll just watch Alicia Keys on The Voice. 

• Love 9

I'm sure she's been guilted into being the caretaker of the family for much of her life - first, as the emotional caretaker of Briana and Roxanne, and once the girls were born, physical/emotional caretaker of both.

I think Roxanne & Briana are probably masters of the guilt trip.  It's really hard to break away from a lifetime of that kind of co-dependence, but I hope she does. (Hint: Read Codependent No More, if you see this, Brittany. It helps.)

I think Brittany also knows that her sister is honestly borderline too-stupid-to-function (I don't mean that as in she's mentally disabled, but more as in the girl cannot adult/make good decisions). She likely doesn't want to leave her nieces in the care of someone who is sick (her mom has Lupus) and someone who makes Mackenzie McKee look like a rocket scientist when it comes to brains/ability to adult.  She knows Stella and Nova will be the ones to suffer because their grandma is sick and their mom has the maturity and foresight of a 10 year-old.  But Brittany, run, girl, run....

• Love 19

I found this episode a little confusing.  Didn’t her “Facebook friends” already live in Seattle?  She said 2 were moving back to Texas but what about the rest of them?  I didn’t realize what a bad attitude she has and how moody she is.  They also didn’t seem to know her that well even though they tried to act like they did.  I’m sorry but I would not want her for a room mate.

• Love 5

I missed that this was airing. Not surprised at all that Brittany is a moody bitch, I always had that impression. She’s generally less annoying than Briana but that’s all. MTV never seems to rerun these “Being” episodes, hopefully it’s online soon, I can’t find any links yet.

• Love 9

Omfg. Wtf was that? I was set to say "go Brittany, let Briana raise her childre, I know you will miss them, but with facetime, etc u will probably see them more than their own fathers".  But now I could give a shit less. My head hurts from.

I need to be on my own /I need my family (I know she loves those babies..but the whining).

I think she can't decide between young and party and have fun ...with be a drunk slutty basket case.  (1 night stand on tv, constantly stating u need a drink..legs apart like chopsticks? Wtf was that)

She talks of no kids and criticizes Briana for partying with no protection and not thinking of consequences,  yet u admitted to a miscarriage..so u took no precautions either.

I'm sure there r things to do in FL if u ever left that apartment.

I'm an adult and independent but i can't move without my friends. 

Apparently the only thing she can say about Seattle is the food. How many times was the "food the bomb"

I am sure you FL neighbors are going  to love how u lovingly talked about their home.

If you can't tell, this special changed my attitude about Brittany for the worse.  After their brief appearance on rhe Aftershow last week I was upset that a family that fussed about child support, has a baby with a heart condition and a mother with lupus instead shows off her plastic surgery (rather than a home with a yard or college fund  etc...) Her, Briana and Roxanne deserve each other. 

• Love 11

Another teen mom  cast member with anxiety and depression issues. Well how about getting out of the apartment into the sunlight and lay off the alcohol. Also as great as I think Seattle is, should a person who is unable to deal with stress/depression move to a place where it RAILS  so much. But then again some times the way she looka, talks and whines she reminds me of Eeyore  and Seattle could be her personal rain cloud, make sure that tail is attached tightly.

• Love 8
(edited)
19 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

@FairyDusted...another!

*PPP*

I don't get why MTV doesn't air these episodes again later in the evening like their other shows. I forgot to set the DVR. Now, I am only getting 30 minutes. I guess On Demand is how I will have to watch it. 

I recorded this and figured I'd get your opinions before I watched. It sounds like I should just delete. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 3
(edited)
54 minutes ago, Poohbear617 said:

Another teen mom  cast member with anxiety and depression issues. Well how about getting out of the apartment into the sunlight and lay off the alcohol. Also as great as I think Seattle is, should a person who is unable to deal with stress/depression move to a place where it RAILS  so much. But then again some times the way she looka, talks and whines she reminds me of Eeyore  and Seattle could be her personal rain cloud, make sure that tail is attached tightly.

I know you meant RAINS but Florida is where [Briana] RAILS so much. *Insert spit joke* 

43 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

I recorded this and figured I'd get your opinions before I watched. It sounds like I should just delete. 

Yeah, she sounds worse than I assumed even. Yuck.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Juniebaby said:

I found this episode a little confusing.  Didn’t her “Facebook friends” already live in Seattle?  She said 2 were moving back to Texas but what about the rest of them?  I didn’t realize what a bad attitude she has and how moody she is.  They also didn’t seem to know her that well even though they tried to act like they did.  I’m sorry but I would not want her for a room mate.

Her bad attitude and moodiness have been coming through loud and clear for me. The least shocking thing ever. Always with the stank attitude.

• Love 7

I've always only liked Brittany out of the DeJesus clan, and this special just reinforced that. I really just feel so sorry for her. She grew up helping her mom with her younger sister, and now she's helping said sister raise HER kids. 

Roxanne is just the worst. I hate her even more now, if that's even possible. You can clearly see what a lifetime of guilt and manipulation has done to Brittany (and let's not forget the lies about who her father was). She SAYS, "you can go. I want you to go". But then she turns around and bemoans how scared she is to take care of Brianna and her babies by herself. She is trapping Brittany there with her histrionics! She tells Brittany every single thing that's wrong and then has the gall to say, "You need to control your worry". Then stop giving her shit to worry about!!! 

Seriously. That woman raises my blood pressure. I loved when Roxanne told Brittany she was a giant baby and Brittany shrugged and said, "Should've raised me better". BOOM!

bRIT is right. Brianna can work. She can go after her baby daddy's for support. Why doesn't she? Because she'd rather control everything. She's much happier foisting her kids on her mom and sister, so she doesn't have to let someone else have a say in the girls' lives. She is just a brat. And Roxanne enables it all. Brittany is the real loser in all this, because she LOVES those kids. I'd like to see her at least get her own place nearby and have SOME separation. I know she hates FL (and I sort of get it), but maybe baby steps would be better. 

It really put it all into perspective when she's in Seattle, trying to enjoy some adult time, and she's getting texts and calls all the time. Then, she's Facetiming the girls for Halloween and that's the ONE time she probably wants to be on the phone, because the kids are so cute and sweet and it's Stella's first Halloween.....but as soon as Devoin calls in, Brittany ends the call with her sister. So she's good enough to watch them every day, but Devoin can't go to voice mail? Fuck that. 

• Love 19
9 hours ago, Juniebaby said:

I think she knew two of them better than the others. She was good friends with two of them on MySpace and they introduced her to their friends in Seattle. I think the likes them well enough, but if the main friends aren't going to be there, that might not be incentive enough to move. I also think she was just making excuses because she's still too emotionally rooted to her family situation to make that big of a change. 

• Love 5

Maybe. But I got the impression that they had met awhile ago and kept in touch with each other. Brittany referenced them all liking Menudo and no one in her school did. Sounded like high school, or even middle school, days. 

• Love 5

I'm probably in the minority, but I didn't have any negative feelings about Brittany while watching this special. I didn't really see her as moody or having a bad attitude. She's been a caretaker her entire life. That's a lot to put on a kid/young woman. I think she's being used by her family, and it's horrible. I bet she had a ton of fun in Seattle; but, of course, producers want her talking about Brianna and the kids. 

• Love 9

I liked watching this mostly to see how many sites I was familiar with in Seattle, since that's my stomping grounds. I did giggle when Brittany said that a perk of Seattle is that there is seasons. Gurl, any local knows there are two seasons here. Sept-June is rainy/cloudy season, July-Aug is the "heat wave". Mostly sunny and 75 lol.

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, DeeReynolds said:

I liked watching this mostly to see how many sites I was familiar with in Seattle, since that's my stomping grounds. I did giggle when Brittany said that a perk of Seattle is that there is seasons. Gurl, any local knows there are two seasons here. Sept-June is rainy/cloudy season, July-Aug is the "heat wave". Mostly sunny and 75 lol.

And THAT is why I want to move to Seattle.  Ahhhh!  I’m tired of year round summer. I’m happiest in the rain and cloudy days. I played in the rain In Seattle while my family huddled in the car or hotel.  Lol  I’m tired of Texas heat with no winter. I’m born and raised here but I’m over it. We have been to Washington 3 yrs in a row (once in July and twice during March for spring break). This is the first yr in 3 we will miss and I’m so heartbroken. ? 

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 9

I love Seattle. My niece lives near there with her husband. I laugh when my niece says they are having a heatwave and it is only 75 degrees. That is our weather here in Southern California for the most part. 

I'd be a whiny, moody ass bitch myself if I had to be around puta Briana and Chancla woman every damn day of my life as they putter around and complain about shit. 

Brittany said her mom goes out in the sun constantly without protection and gets blisters. My niece suffers from Lupus. She has endured many hospitalizations, procedures, illnesses, and she has done everything to avoid being out in the sun too often. When she has been out in the sun, she is covered up and uses protection. She has missed some family events that were held outdoors. It burns me up to hear how Roxanne is so fucking lax and careless with her health. The guilt she puts on Brittany also makes my blood boil. Don't even get me started on Briana. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, DeeReynolds said:

That sounds like the perfect weather to me. I love the rain and hate the heat. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I was shocked Roxanne is still working and not living off of MTV....yet.

I honestly feel for Brittany, it sounds like she’s been a mother to Briana and now Briana’s girls  her whole life. I think she deserves to move and find herself and be her own person. 

Her friend with the glasses and white sweater was annoying. Totally trying to convince Brittany to move. Back off a little!

Stella and Nova are very pretty girls, it’s a shame they’re raised by the coven.

Edited by Purerockfury
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Maharincess said:

That sounds like the perfect weather to me. I love the rain and hate the heat. 

Same.  I’m happy and content when it’s cloudy and rainy.  I’m hibernating and hissing at the sun when it’s out.  

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, Mkay said:

Same.  I’m happy and content when it’s cloudy and rainy.  I’m hibernating and hissing at the sun when it’s out.  

My daughter is the same. When it's cloudy and rainy we talk about what a beautiful day it is. When it's sunny and warm, we hate it.  It's supposed to be rainy and cloudy here for the next few days and I'm happy as hell. I'll start a big pot of soup in the morning and snuggle in with my pets in front of the fireplace with a good book and you guys here. 

• Love 3

If I were the friend Brit stayed with I think I'd be pissed that she brought some rando back to my home for the night.  She doesn't know if this guy is a weirdo.  Brit goes back to FL, but now this guy knows young, single woman/women live there.  I like Brittany's personality, I think she's funny, but her wit does not translate into good decision making.  Although she is light-years ahead of her mom and sister. 

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, Mkay said:

8 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

My daughter is the same. When it's cloudy and rainy we talk about what a beautiful day it is. When it's sunny and warm, we hate it.  It's supposed to be rainy and cloudy here for the next few days and I'm happy as hell. I'll start a big pot of soup in the morning and snuggle in with my pets in front of the fireplace with a good book and you guys here. 

Count me in.  The clouds add depth and variations of color (grey is a color!) in the sky.  They add atmosphere.  Literally.  Lol  

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

Sounds like a great day!! I’m so glad there are people like me. I’m not so odd after all.  Hahaha

• Love 5
(edited)

Count me in as someone who prefers cloudy days to sunny, hot ones.  I've been to Seattle in the spring and Ireland in early summer and LOVED them both. :)  I'm so fair skinned I'm practically clear, so I love places where the sun doesn't seem to shine as intensely.  

Maybe we can all take a group trip to Seattle when MTV shoots our "Being PTV Posters" specials.  ;)

• Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Count me in as someone who prefers cloudy days to sunny, hot ones.  I've been to Seattle in the spring and Ireland in early summer and LOVED them both. :)  I'm so fair skinned I'm practically clear, so I love places where the sun doesn't seem to shine as intensely.  

Maybe we can all take a group trip to Seattle when MTV shoots our "Being PTV Posters" specials.  ;)

I’m in! The first time we went to Seattle was June or July one summer.   Eating in a Burger King We are out in short sleeves in low 70 degree (if even) degree weather. A lady walks in (clearly drunk) leaning and falling so much the guy behind her starts standing with his hand up so if she falls back he catches her. She was out loud “Sorry, it’s so hot today.”  A few people did have on long sleeves, but us Texans looked at each other in awe.  That wasn’t from heat lady.   Stepping off that plane in Dallas at night a few days later and it was still over 100 degrees was soooo depressing.  

Oh as for the Brittany topic, I don’t watch her crazy family.  

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, FairyDusted said:

Former Las Vegas Vet. Hot AF sucks! I hate melting. I'd much rather sit here in no where Ohio and listen to the rain.  

My best friend got married in Vegas in AUGUST! I swear parts of me melted. It's been 14 years and I still haven't forgiven her. 

• Love 7
(edited)
2 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

LOL @Maharincess my last visit I stayed inside my hotel the entire time. Like walking into an oven.

Y’all are making me cringe.  I’m about to go pick my kiddo up from school and there is this big, bright ball of light in the sky trying to blind me. It hurts when I wear black.  That’s all I wear! ??‍♀️

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 6
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

My best friend got married in Vegas in AUGUST! I swear parts of me melted. It's been 14 years and I still haven't forgiven her.

Was it outdoor?!? That's just crazy talk. I too prefer the gloom. I get irritated when we're having gloomy/rainy weather, and the second it stops the weather people on the news act like an 85 degree day is SO AWESOME! No, it's not. 

As for the topic at hand? My DVR finally rejected the DeJesus coven & it didn't record. I could have swore I heard the DVR box faintly yelling "I caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan't!". 

Edited by CaliforniaLove
  • Love 10
(edited)
19 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Was it outdoor?!? That's just crazy talk. I too prefer the gloom. I get irritated when we're having gloomy/rainy weather, and the second it stops the weather people on the news act like an 85 degree day is SO AWESOME! No, it's not. 

As for the topic at hand? My DVR finally rejected the DeJesus coven & it didn't record. I could have swore I heard the DVR box faintly yelling "I caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan't!". 

Bahahahahahaha

Im with you on the weather part. When it’s 110 outside I post on Facebook that I better see all my friends who couldn’t wait for summer and sunshine outside playing in it! Don’t let me catch you indoors in the AC. Hmph

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 8

I felt a lot of ways about this show.

At first I was disappointed that Brittany wasn't the bad ass I'd always imagined her as.

I was frustrated that she'd had an abortion when her sister was pregnant with Nova and despite seeing all the drama and stress her sister has since gone through, and all the support she's given her sister, she somehow was careless enough to became pregnant AGAIN. 

Then I disliked her for being kind of a dick to a few people who were trying to connect with her.

And then I saw how young she is and how trapped she is by her dysfunctional family and her co-dependency.

After that I got mad at her for not just walking away from fucking Roxanne.

And then I saw how sad she is and how she can see how fucked up is her family dynamic and yet she can't help but worry about and try to take care of her mom's and sister's learned fucking helplessness and need to be rescued.

Mr. Guilfoyle thinks that Brittany is into women but hasn't recognized it in herself yet.

• Love 16
(edited)
11 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

I felt a lot of ways about this show.

At first I was disappointed that Brittany wasn't the bad ass I'd always imagined her as.

I was frustrated that she'd had an abortion when her sister was pregnant with Nova and despite seeing all the drama and stress her sister has since gone through, and all the support she's given her sister, she somehow was careless enough to became pregnant AGAIN. 

Then I disliked her for being kind of a dick to a few people who were trying to connect with her.

And then I saw how young she is and how trapped she is by her dysfunctional family and her co-dependency.

After that I got mad at her for not just walking away from fucking Roxanne.

And then I saw how sad she is and how she can see how fucked up is her family dynamic and yet she can't help but worry about and try to take care of her mom's and sister's learned fucking helplessness and need to be rescued.

Mr. Guilfoyle thinks that Brittany is into women but hasn't recognized it in herself yet.

Interesting point of view about her possibly liking women.

Brittany having gotten pregnant again was painful to hear. How stupid can she be???

I have no problem with Vegas heat in August. Being in a pool or going into a cool casino/hotel makes up for it. It is the friggin' humidity in Florida during the summer that I fucking hate. The humidity is a bitch! Vegas heat is dry. Here in Southern California it can get muggy sometimes, but nothing like Florida. I am so glad we don't have that 99.99% humidity.

I am down for a Being PTV get-together in Seattle. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 9

Humidity does make a difference for sure. 85 was bliss in Vegas. Hideous here! Meet ya in Seattle!  

I missed the part about Brit getting pregnant again. Condoms are cheap and easy. You ARE on a Teen Mom show.  

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Humidity does make a difference for sure. 85 was bliss in Vegas. Hideous here! Meet ya in Seattle!  

I missed the part about Brit getting pregnant again. Condoms are cheap and easy. You ARE on a Teen Mom show.  

Well lol, she said she had a miscarriage. And it sounded like she didn’t even know she was pregnant until she miscarried. She had an excessively heavy period and it was only when she finally went to the doctor that he told her she had a miscarriage. She didn’t tell her friends and sounds like she didn’t even want to tell her family since she was staying at the ex-bf’s house for a couple of days right after until he kicked her out. I don’t think she even factored it as a “pregnancy” since it was an early miscarriage. 

I watched them on Marriage Boot Camp:Family edition and she has so much pain and hurt buried down deep. She uses alcohol and promiscuity to numb the pain but it’s still there. This manifests as anger and sarcasm. I don’t think she’s a brat, she’s just overwhelmed by all the burdens and her family is so sucked in their own histrionics that she has no support. She supports everyone but no one supports her. So sad. And she is desperately unhappy, and really knows that change has to come but is unwilling or unable to make those changes. 

Both Briana and Brittany happened to be pregnant at the same time, when Bri was pregnant with Nova. She decided to abort and Briana decided to have her kid. Her friend was right, Brittany stuffs her emotions down because by being around her needy mom and sister, she has to be the “strong one”. I think this factors hugely into her anxiety and depression. 

I could tell from mid-Seattle that she wasn’t going to move. If anything, Brittany just needed a break from the Coven and all the responsibilities. She has the responsibilities of a middle aged woman, 2 kids, ailing mom...and she hasn’t even lived her life yet...she’s in her early 20s right? She has made some dumb decisions but I’m willing to cut her some slack. I made dumb decisions in my early 20s. Most of us did. 

I think she needs to move out of the Coven apartment. That will be her first step towards independence, and gives her the boundaries that she desperately needs. Allows her to live her own life. She can still be there for the little ones as needed but not be the primary caregiver. Plus she’s close enough to still be there in case of emergencies, and not miss milestones. Or she can just move to another closer state...aren’t there like 8 states in driving distance?

Briana couldn’t wait to get Brittany back. Briana and Roxanne will continue to guilt trip her and manipulate her to keep her codependent and enmeshed. I actually felt really sorry for her. Like so much pity. I hope she finds happiness soon, because everyone else is making themselves happy and following their own paths, dumping all the crap in Brittany’s lap. Make yourself happy too Brittany. 

Edited by Spiderella2
Bri
  • Love 17

Thank you @Spiderella2 for clearing that up for me. I'm going to re watch. I also  watched the other show with them and she's got good reason to be mad AF. Bri was also more likable on that too. Rox was still all I CAN'T! She really messed up. I could have sworn we have have seen that cousin show up on Teen Mom.  

• Love 3

Still, Brittany got pregnant.  That miscarriage was a blessing in disguise, but do you think she will be careful the next time? She obviously is not practicing what she preaches. All those speeches to Briana about using protection was for shits and giggles, I suppose. 

• Love 8

I'm not making excuses, but people CAN get pregnant while using protection. Brittany didn't say either way, so I don't know what the case is. But my sister got pregnant with her first child while on the pill, and I know at least 2 other girls that happened to. 

• Love 7
On 3/9/2018 at 1:42 AM, FairyDusted said:

Condoms can break, however. A boyfriend once found our used condom on the floor in the morning with a tear in it. Since we discovered that, I was able to make the decision to get emergency contraception (aka the morning after pill) the next day. Had he not noticed it, howvwer, I could have easily gotten pregnant.

• Love 4
On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:41 AM, ghoulina said:

I'm not making excuses, but people CAN get pregnant while using protection. Brittany didn't say either way, so I don't know what the case is. But my sister got pregnant with her first child while on the pill, and I know at least 2 other girls that happened to. 

It happened to me on the pill. I know. lol

With Brittany, I get a hoochie-vibe, just like Briana. I think she goes out and hooks up with random guys just like her sister. Taking a random guy to her friend's apartment makes me think that is how she rolls.

I don't have much info on her miscarriage, but my opinion is she may not be as careful with her birth control methods. Just a feeling I get. After she became pregnant once and  having to have an abortion, I think she should at least try a bc method such as the implant and then ensure her partner wears a condom or even two. Brittany did not elaborate much except to mention the miscarriage and then her friend tried to get more out of her on that topic. I would think if she was going to mention the miscarriage on the air, knowing people were going to hear that bit of info, she would toss out the fact that she used protection and was shocked to find out she was ever pregnant. She said she doesn't have feelings, it was no biggie to her to have had a miscarriage. So, maybe just a mention that she was using protection and had no idea she was even pregnant and thank the gods it happened because she is not wanting to have to go through an abortion again. Something to at least point out she is careful. But I don't think she is taking proper measures.

Brittany has a lot on her plate. I don't think she is at all in a healthy place. How can she be with Roxanne pulling those head games with her. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4
On 3/10/2018 at 11:07 PM, FairyDusted said:

It bothers me that Brit is the actual Parent of the house. I'm guessing even first position sometimes considering Rox is sick. Tho she she still can climb booths . 

Rox does not take her illness seriously. She will be a burden to her family. She expects them to care for her and yet, she won't let Brittany go with her to hear what the doctor has to say. That is so fucked up.

I watched Brittany's episode again. I missed the part where she said she was also a patient of Dr. Miami. I guess her ass is fake.

• Love 4