Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: In Love in Switzerland/S07.E02 The Vuolos Buy A House

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Jess is mostly jealous that Jing is thriving away from the family...

In my opinion, the jury is still out on her "thriving"  Right now she is mainly focusing on feeding Jeremy's ego and need for her total attention. Once the baby comes, the attention will be going off of him, and there will be no Duggar help for miles around. Jill, Jessa, and JoyAnna may not want to share Jana for babysitting duties.

48 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

When ever I hear these young couples say "We're going to have as many children as god let's us" I become depressed. It doesn't have to be that way, Duggar girls, it really doesn't. 

Jana should go help Jinge after she has the baby. It would be a nice break for Jana, Jinge would probably love it and maybe Jana will find herself a man in Laredo!

p.s. didn't mean to quote myself, don't know how that happened!

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Jana should go help Jinge after she has the baby. It would be a nice break for Jana, Jinge would probably love it and maybe Jana will find herself a man in Laredo!

p.s. didn't mean to quote myself, don't know how that happened!

True, but I do not think Jessa, and Jill want to give up their free babysitting service. *gasp* They may have to take care of their own children. The horror! Besides I bet dollars to donuts JB and Michelle would not want to give up their free Jana services either. I remembered how they both were whining about having to take care of their children while the older girls were helping Anna with her wedding. Lazy bunch of you know what!

Edited by bigskygirl
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

When ever I hear these young couples say "We're going to have as many children as god let's us" I become depressed. It doesn't have to be that way, Duggar girls, it really doesn't. 

Yes, but when everyone in your entire family has their delusional over-inflated egos pinned completely -- and I do mean "completely"; they've got nothing else going on at all; nada -- on their ability to breed quickly into a massive army for God that will soon rise to defeat the heathen and rise to take over all the best seats in heaven, then you're going to see the breeding as very very important, I think. 

• Love 6

I have a feeling these people read the message boards.  When Jinger was relocating to Laredo, Jeremy took a lot of flack for allowing Jessa to come into his home and reorganize his things without asking his opinion.  He seemed to have grown a pair and was clearly ready for her this time around. And as usual, insecure Jinger deferred to Jessa - sigh!

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Calibabydolly said:

But about the tile work....do you not have to grout wall tiles on a backsplash? That job had to be planned ahead of time. I'm betting Jana did not do that, she may have placed those last few tiles in, but gluing cutting and grouting is a major job and that looked perfect in the end! Someone trying to pull the wool over our eyes? Oh, they painted both top and bottom cabinets white. I was expecting the bottoms to be a different color like they talked about being in style now. I HATE that look and am glad someone (Jeremy?) talked them out of that!

9 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

no

We have professionally installed tile backsplashes in three rooms, all grouted. I don't see how you could do it otherwise.

Add me to the list of those who hates the multi-colored cabinets and was glad they painted them all the same. I thought the kitchen looked okay but did not really care for the warm-toned countertop with the stark white cabinets. They looked like they had wandered in from two different kitchens, which they basically did.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

We have professionally installed tile backsplashes in three rooms, all grouted. I don't see how you could do it otherwise.

People do it, but it's not a good idea.  And, it really depends on the tile.

Jana and Jessa as the designers, I see a new TV show in the future.  JMO, I don't think they really did it, I think they had a person come in and stage it. 

Why doesn't Jessa do it in her own house ?

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Jilly says..."Married life is amazing and I feel like they're probably just gonna be excited to not have to work out, like... logistics of chaperones and all that

Duggar logistics for chaperones:

"Eenie meenie minie moe, which Duggar kid is available to go?"

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

You're  welcome ! Cheaper than cable !!!

Totally!  I think this is worth $10.  How 'bout that Duggars?  You are worth $10!!!!!  That is .30 cents per person!  I counted 34 people including children.  I may have forgotten someone.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I bought the season on Amazon for $9.99

That’s way cheaper than the previous seasons were. I actually complained to iTunes about the overpriced and wonkily numbered half seasons we were getting. 

The Duggar shows are a fucking nightmare to have in your iTunes library. 17, 18 and 19 Kids are technically 3 different shows, but they also don’t strictly line up with the birth count, and when I try to merge them, the Josh and Jimbob weight loss season gets merged with the first first season.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 1
On 2/27/2018 at 10:48 AM, Mountainair said:

I agree with you. I also hated the scene of them buying their train ticket in German while there was a line of people waiting. Just buy your damn ticket in a language you understand and move along! I also noticed that Joy never looked any of the servers or guides in the eye when (if) she said Thank You. It's like her eyes were literally glued to Austin the whole time. 

My cousin was raised very Christian, graduated college and married immediately pretty much just so she could have sex without god damning her to hell or something like that. Before she was 21 she was in another cousins wedding and freaked out when it came time to toast the bride and groom because her glass had alcohol in it. I wasn't there but evidently she made a scene and ran to her "mommy" to ask what she was supposed to do. Girl, drink that champagne and loosen the hell up. Reminded me of Joy and her gassy water.

Austin needs several drinks of anything alcoholic, to kill that bug up his ass.  Poor Joy.  

Their (or his, or TLC's) choice of the Swiss Alps for a honeymoon looked beautiful.  All Joy has from this day forward is punching out babies for the Lord.  Sad.

• Love 4

I actually didn't dislike either of them in this episode. I think a lot of the annoying scenarios are likely setups by the producers to make the show more interesting ("why don't you see if you can buy the tickets in German?"), so I'm not necessarily holding that against them. 

I know lots of people think Joy is the dimmest of the girls, but I still think that title belongs squarely to Jill. Joy at least seems like she would be fun to hang out with, whereas Jill would probably be more like a wet rag. And Austin may not be the bubbliest of personalities, but it still seems he has a decent sense of humor.

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, graefin said:

I actually didn't dislike either of them in this episode. I think a lot of the annoying scenarios are likely setups by the producers to make the show more interesting ("why don't you see if you can buy the tickets in German?"), so I'm not necessarily holding that against them. 

I know lots of people think Joy is the dimmest of the girls, but I still think that title belongs squarely to Jill. Joy at least seems like she would be fun to hang out with, whereas Jill would probably be more like a wet rag. And Austin may not be the bubbliest of personalities, but it still seems he has a decent sense of humor.

I do agree. I would be curious to see them without the cameras, though then I wouldn't see them! 

• Love 2

Are we going to have to suffer through every single one of their courtships? The chaperones, the wedding planning, the dress shopping, the wedding day, the honeymoon? And then the pregnancy announcements? I guess this is what the show is about now. I can't take it anymore. The first 3 were ok but now with the brothers and the women they choose. Oh, please. I am sooooo bored. I only care about Jinge and Jer. They are my faves. 

• Love 13

What is with showing a wedding, and then going back and showing the wedding planning?  I've seen the wedding, so why do I want to see meetings with the wedding coordinator and the wedding designer? (Not too sure how I managed to get married without either a wedding coordinator or a wedding designer, but I did.)  I've now seen the dress, the flowers, the groom's clothing...why do I care how they came to these decisions?  We did this with Joy's wedding, and now we have to go through it with Joseph's as well?  Why not just show the planning and wedding in chronological order? 

Oh wait...the Duggars probably don't know the meaning of "chronological".  That must the reason.

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Oh wait...the Duggars probably don't know the meaning of "chronological".  That must the reason.

Well Chronological - in my head I swear I read that in J'chelle voice like Per-Pen - Dic- Ular, anyway it has LOGICAL in it - so that' out of the Duggars vocabulary and then chrono which to them probably sounds like some sciency thing that might be in the evolution spectrum.

• Love 9

Finally saw the shows and here are my thoughts:

Joe and KINdra (because that is how all of the Duggars pronounced her name): Kindra seriously looks the same age as her mother. She also seemed older, especially when Christine wasn't speaking at all during the Frisbee golf segment; the majority of speaking by anyone named Caldwell was between Kindra and Paul, and Christine just basically tagged along holding the baby. That being said, Joe is 1000x more into Kindra than Austin is to Joy.

I can't snark too much about the Duggars not knowing what a tee pad was because for once I was at their level in that regard.

I will say that Austin and Joy's honeymoon suddenly makes me interested in visiting Switzerland. Those mountains!

I felt like the show was trying to highlight Jessa vs. Jana. And the dialogue between them with Jana telling Jessa that she was the best decorator and vice versa - so fake, IMHO. Hey Jessa, perhaps you should get TLC, or perhaps HGTV, to spin off a show kind of like Brother vs. Brother, except it is Sister vs. Sister.

Henry snuggling up to JD was very cute. But it is interesting and telling perhaps that with the exception of JD, the girls were the only ones who voiced their opinions during the planning stage. I don't know if it is a boy thing or if it is a "Jessa is my sister" type thing. And no, it wasn't just the boys who carried out the tasks when Jana was the one doing the tiling. 

And all the Laura sightings! Seriously, did Boob and Mechelle try to adopt her or something?

• Love 2
(edited)

Newlywed couple is out for dinner, on their honeymoon, foreign place, foreign language......new husband has his Phone out & is people watching. Do we have a Josh Duggar 2.0 on the scene, not saying he was doing anything wrong but.....I don't think he's as much into Joy as she is to him.

Edited by Whyyouneedaname
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

And all the Laura sightings! Seriously, did Boob and Mechelle try to adopt her or something?

Laura was long rumored to be hooked up with John David, but he declined to ask her for an official courtship.  But they might still end up together, for lack of anyone else to marry.

She might be living with the Duggars now in the capacity of the children's homeschool teacher and tutor.  Michelle, of course, no longer teaches the kids, cleans the house, cooks the food or does the laundry.  Michelle always seems to be heavily medicated and not capable of doing much of anything without Jim Bob holding on to her.  Jana and Laura seem to be running the household these days.

• Love 9
(edited)

I just keep going back to what Austin himself said about finding a wife: "What about Joy?" He MADE her into an option like he was shopping at the used car auction. It doesn't sound as if it happened as a natural attraction from his side at.all.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 18
On 02/27/2018 at 3:02 PM, flyingdi said:

I think although they were both raised in a cult, possibly, Austin's parents were much more strict.  I think by the time Joy came along,  the Duggar kids were pretty much able to run wild.  This may be why Austin is much more reserved than his wife.

I was told he was on a show the world's strictest parents but that info could be wrong.

• Love 4
(edited)
20 hours ago, Mollie said:

Laura was long rumored to be hooked up with John David, but he declined to ask her for an official courtship.  But they might still end up together, for lack of anyone else to marry.

She might be living with the Duggars now in the capacity of the children's homeschool teacher and tutor.  Michelle, of course, no longer teaches the kids, cleans the house, cooks the food or does the laundry.  Michelle always seems to be heavily medicated and not capable of doing much of anything without Jim Bob holding on to her.  Jana and Laura seem to be running the household these days.

This makes SO much sense after I finally watched episode 2. She was always right next to him in almost every scend, almost as if she was trying to catch his eye. I thought I even saw her reach across him for something and without knowing about their "history", I swear it that made me think she was trying to get his attention. Thanks for the information.

I don't find JD (or Josh) attractive at all, but Josiah, Jeremiah and Jedidiah have really turned out to be quite good looking young men! (I'm embarrassed that I even know which boys went to Laredo!)

I can't help but wonder if Jana has a Pinterest account. I would pay to view her boards! I really wish she'd write a blog, a book or have her own fixer upper show. There are a ton of single females, myself included, that have never even handled a power tool, let alone used one. And she does it all while wearimg a skirt! (Maybe that can be worked into the title of her show somehow!) I'd love to see her be practical and wear pants though AND appropriate footwear for using power tools. Sandals are not safe.

She's the perfect person to explain everything from the basics to building a backsplash.  I almost want to look for her name on the site, but it's hard to find people (for me) unless we're friends on Facebook.

#FreeJana

Update: I just checked Pinterest and Jana does have an account, but no pins (Same as Jinger. Didn't even click on Jill's page because, well, it's Jill.). You have got to look at Jessa's board! She has no idea how to use it! It's such an insight to how self absorbed she is that it's hilarious!

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Bridget said:

This makes SO much sense after I finally watched episode 2. She was always right next to him in almost every scend, almost as if she was trying to catch his eye. I thought I even saw her reach across him for something and without knowing about their "history", I swear it that made me think she was trying to get his attention. Thanks for the information.

Laura DeMasie will be 33-years-old in June.  John David turned 28 in January.  She worked for the main Gothard organization until she moved to Arkansas to hang out with the Duggars.  She was the 'event planner' for Joy's wedding and for Joseph's wedding.  At this point, she's really an old maid in their circles.

• Love 5
(edited)
20 hours ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

What was up with Joe's reaction to touching Kendra's waist during their engagement photo shoot? He acted like he had just burned himself on a hot stove. It's one thing to want to stick to the "rules", but these two show no affection or chemistry whatsoever. And the way Joe talked about her as the "perfect wife" - man, I feel bad for Kendra.

I just had a shivering thought as to what this could mean.. "spread eagle" at my command...and "have 3 square meals on the table" poor girl..

Edited by sATL
12 hours ago, Mollie said:

Laura DeMasie will be 33-years-old in June.  John David turned 28 in January.  She worked for the main Gothard organization until she moved to Arkansas to hang out with the Duggars.  She was the 'event planner' for Joy's wedding and for Joseph's wedding.  At this point, she's really an old maid in their circles.

They'd probably make me go live in the prayer closet since I'm still single and a little older than Laura! Haha!

• Love 3
(edited)

Is In-touch a reliable & believable source ? 

" Joy-Anna Duggar gave birth to her first child with husband Austin Forsyth just five days ago, but now new details have emerged regarding their dangerous living situation. According to Radar Online, the Counting On stars purchased their Arkansas abode for $69,250 days before their wedding. Unfortunately, it wasn't exactly the home of their dreams, and they're currently living in an RV on the property. Watch the video above to take a tour! The dilapidated home features three bedrooms and one bathroom. While literally every room of the house needs to be painted, the couple has to tackle a mold issue. "It's nasty! It's really moldy," Joy-Anna said on this week's Season 7 premiere. "

here is the video of home ( link )

Now if JoyAnna says something is nasty... it must be n-a-s-t-y. Not familar with the area but 69.2K seems a little high for something you have to completely gut out. there must be alot of land.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3

Finally saw the episode.  I didn't hate it. 

1. Why doesn't Jessa paint HER kitchen cabinets?  Aren't they dark wood?  Isn't her home small with dark colors?

2. I liked the joking about Jeremy and his books. Seemed like some normal teasing between friends/family. Seems Jeremy has bonded with the Dugg siblings. 

3. Joy and Austin looked reasonably happy.  It's obvious they did not like wedding planning. 

4.  Joe and Kendra are actually kinda cute together.  Joe seems like a nice guy and gets along well with Kendra's family.  Solid social skills for a Duggar.  

• Love 7

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but did anyone notice when Joy said that Austin likes to sleep far away from her in bed?  She said something like "We cuddle but then he wants to move to the other side of the bed and not be touched.  He'll get over it (I hope)."  Wow, this set off red-alert alarms to me.  Sure, I like my space in bed too, but I've been married for a while and I'm old ... young marrieds typically want to be closer, as in, can't keep their hands off each other.  Clearly this bothers her.  Listen honey, if he's like that after just a month or two of marriage, it's not going to get any better.

I also think he was kind of disgusted with her for not hating living in the RV.  She's going to continue to worship and idolize him and it is going to continue to turn him off.  This is what she's been taught, to "keep sweet." That might work if the guy genuinely loves you, but in this case it's going to work against her.  I feel sorry for her.

• Love 20
47 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but did anyone notice when Joy said that Austin likes to sleep far away from her in bed?  She said something like "We cuddle but then he wants to move to the other side of the bed and not be touched.  He'll get over it (I hope)."  Wow, this set off red-alert alarms to me.  Sure, I like my space in bed too, but I've been married for a while and I'm old ... young marrieds typically want to be closer, as in, can't keep their hands off each other.  Clearly this bothers her.  Listen honey, if he's like that after just a month or two of marriage, it's not going to get any better.

I also think he was kind of disgusted with her for not hating living in the RV.  She's going to continue to worship and idolize him and it is going to continue to turn him off.  This is what she's been taught, to "keep sweet." That might work if the guy genuinely loves you, but in this case it's going to work against her.  I feel sorry for her.

So much THIS!   30 years ago, we slept as together as physically possible.   Now -- give us our space ffs.   That's just weird.   

** my body heats up to like 1000 degrees as soon as I get into bed per Mr Tabloid, but that sure as shit didn't stop him from being all up next to me during the first several years.   LOL

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Marigold said:

4.  Joe and Kendra are actually kinda cute together.  Joe seems like a nice guy and gets along well with Kendra's family.  Solid social skills for a Duggar.  

If a Duggar male is nice and can go around without molesting people, he's topnotch. 

• Love 12

Can anyone in this family just speak normally? Most of the Duggars and Duggar-adjacents speak like they have a mouthful of marbles, while Jeremy over-enunciates each consonant like he's, I don't know, Julie Andrews teaching English as a Second Language to the hearing impaired.

• Love 12
16 hours ago, debbie311 said:

Uh oh, I'm Team Austin on this one.  (send help)

Even as a young married couple, we snuggled UNTIL it was time to sleep.  I like to have some space and not have my husband breathing on me. Plus, I'd wake up an hour later and my arm was numb. 

26 years later and my husband is still not thrilled with this but I CANNOT sleep with someone breathing in a different rhythm and lying on an arm or some random body part.  

My kids have slept in my bed many times but they know, when mommy is sleeping, back it up a bit. ;)

• Love 22
22 hours ago, debbie311 said:

I don't know - I also like to cuddle a bit, but when I'm ready to go to sleep I absolutely want my own space.

• Love 12
22 hours ago, debbie311 said:

I think she may have unrealistic expectations of how a couple literally sleeps together. Michelle and JB probably crow about spooning all night long. We know that they rub the fact that they can touch In their kids faces.

In reality, almost everyone shifts around while sleeping, and don't snuggle all night, no matter how new the relationship is.

Depending on how clingy Joy is, I could also see it as a situation where Austin comes to bed exhausted and sore from a construction project and Joy just won't give him enough space.

I have thought too much about this...ugh.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Marigold said:

Uh oh, I'm Team Austin on this one.  (send help)

Even as a young married couple, we snuggled UNTIL it was time to sleep.  I like to have some space and not have my husband breathing on me. Plus, I'd wake up an hour later and my arm was numb. 

26 years later and my husband is still not thrilled with this but I CANNOT sleep with someone breathing in a different rhythm and lying on an arm or some random body part.  

My kids have slept in my bed many times but they know, when mommy is sleeping, back it up a bit. ;)

You and I are two of a kind.  I cannot handle sleeping with anyone touching me.  I need my space.  I love a good snuggle beforehand but once it's time to sleep get out of my space.  Unlike Joy, my husband feels the exact same way so there's never been an issue.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Triple P said:

I think she may have unrealistic expectations of how a couple literally sleeps together. Michelle and JB probably crow about spooning all night long. We know that they rub the fact that they can touch In their kids faces.

In reality, almost everyone shifts around while sleeping, and don't snuggle all night, no matter how new the relationship is.

Depending on how clingy Joy is, I could also see it as a situation where Austin comes to bed exhausted and sore from a construction project and Joy just won't give him enough space.

I have thought too much about this...ugh.

I thought the same thing that Austin is probably exhausted from work & just wants to get some sleep. 

Now that the blessing has arrived,  cuddling will be last thing on her mind.* She'll be exhausted too, if not more so & will probably fall asleep as soon as her head hits the pillow. Or will she have the luxury of overnite help in the form of Jana like Jessa did?

*until it's time to work on another blessing

• Love 4