Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: In Love in Switzerland/S07.E02 The Vuolos Buy A House

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

I like white kitchens...even though they seem to get dirty looking quickly, I find it a time saver in the long run as you can see where the dirt is and clean it up as it happens. With wood cabinets, so often everything pretty much  looks fine until you start to look further into the grain of the wood and realize you have crap from the dark ages stuck in the crevices. We've moved around so much over the past 30-ish years that I've had kitchens of pretty much every type, and I really do find white the easiest to keep up with overall.

• Love 3

When I was touring apartments in a particular NYC complex (I saw a dozen) in 2015, 11 of them had some type of honey colored standard wood for kitchen cabinets and one, that’s right, one, had white - the one I chose.  Not the reason why I did choose it but still, I’m elated to hear that now I’m all ‘trendy’ through no action of my own, and don’t have to pay to have them redone!

• Love 1

Long time reader, first time poster! 

I think there is a very weird dynamic between Austin and Joy, and I agree with those saying he doesn't seem very into her. I wonder if he initially really did genuinely like the more spunky, outdoorsy, fun-loving Joy before they were courting?? Sort of "Joy before she knew anyone was watching". Seems he has nothing but disdain for this more clingy, whimpering, "kiss me, kiss me", simpet that she has become. 

• Love 20
15 hours ago, Canadian Girl said:

I think there is a very weird dynamic between Austin and Joy, and I agree with those saying he doesn't seem very into her. I wonder if he initially really did genuinely like the more spunky, outdoorsy, fun-loving Joy before they were courting?? Sort of "Joy before she knew anyone was watching". Seems he has nothing but disdain for this more clingy, whimpering, "kiss me, kiss me", simpet that she has become. 

I tend to agree -- either that or he's just very awkward on camera, which is possible. We tend to forget that we are not watching real life unfold, but rather scenes that have been semi-staged and sometimes redone if they didn't get the shot right. But we run into the usual problem with diehard Gothard types. Austin strikes me as very committed and on the straight and narrow, following their views on masturbation to the letter of the law. This makes guys that age desperate to get married at a young age in a way you don't see in the mainstream. Not that I'm trying to reduce women to sex objects -- I hate that -- it must be hard for either young men or women in this belief system to separate feelings from lust when they're so repressed. 

• Love 10
On 3/19/2018 at 7:15 AM, Canadian Girl said:

Welcome!  We have never met Joy and many of us think her hygiene is questionable so perhaps we are right and she is kinda groddy.  Or he realizes he married a literal teen and has grown tired of her stage 5 clinger behavior?  Or he is a dick.  Honestly, I think it could be all the above.

• Love 17
On 3/1/2018 at 12:38 AM, Sew Sumi said:

Laura hasn't lived with the Duggars for a while (maybe almost a year now). Whatever else she's doing, she does have a lot of spare time to spend with the Duggars. 

I wonder if she lives in the girls’ dorm, or has her own space?  

On 3/19/2018 at 7:15 AM, Canadian Girl said:

This reminds me of back when Jessa was in the early stages of her relationship with Ben. Jessa would often state that the mushy, lovey-dovey, PDA romance stuff didn't come naturally to her at all. In response to that, Michelle and/or some of the older girls would often tell Jessa that she should work on becoming more like, as @Canadian Girl said above, a "kiss me, kiss me!" simpet, because that's what Ben must certainly want.

I wonder if clingy, needy Joy 2.0 is partly a result of her assuming that Austin wants her to be this way because that's what she has heard from Michelle, her sisters, etc. for so long. Austin might be thinking, "Who IS this person? This isn't the Joy I fell in love with!" Maybe this explains some of his "I'm not that into you" vibe. I kind of hope this is the case & that as Joy is able to be more of her authentic self around him, their relationship will become easier & more natural for both of them. 

Edited by Amanda M.
  • Love 6