Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: In Love in Switzerland/S07.E02 The Vuolos Buy A House

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

For In Love in Switzerland: 

Joy and Austin have said, "I do," and now Mr. and Mrs. Forsyth finally get to spend some alone time in Switzerland. Jinger and Jeremy try their hand at playing tennis. And Joe and Kendra get their engagement photos taken.

For The Vuolos Buy A House

The siblings help move Jinger and Jeremy out of their apartment and into their new house. Joe and Kendra enjoy playing disc golf with the Caldwells. And Joy and Austin settle into married life and help out at Ft. Rock Family Camp.

I loved the scenes in Switzerland!  My favorite Duggar trip yet.  I thought they did pretty well on the ski slopes to be novices.  And the hang gliding!!! OMG.  I thought Joy was prone to motion sickness.  I guess that didn't apply to the hang gliding.  Just breathtaking, really.  Living in the RV is okay, while they renovate their home, but, for goodness sake, get the shower fixed.  Not being able to shower for 4 months.....that ain't right.  

So glad Jinger and Jeremy were able to move out of that apt.  Like their home and how their family showed up to get them settled in.  I need Jana to come help me with a kitchen project. Do you think she's available?  lol

• Love 12

Watching Jing & Jer move was interesting, that was a pretty nice house and for once someone chose what looks like an appropriate size.  By that I mean not a 20 room McMansion like Jill, Derick and Izzy (and eventually Sam) were given by Daddy to wander around in.  And not a two small bedrooms mold house that Jessa, Ben and the kids have to somehow stuff themselves into.  This house looked cute, just the right size and nice simple yard.

Jessa is still the bossy one.  I give Jeremy a lot of credit for keeping his cool with her "suggestions" for the new house especially since they made it obvious her decorating and furniture arranging at the apartment did not go over well.  But I'll give her some credit - I winced when she said paint the cabinets but I thought it looked really good when it was done.  

Was it Jeremiah who answered the seed question by saying the seed of Michelle and Jim Bob?  That might have been the closest thing to sexual innuendo that any of the kids, especially the unmarried have ever said.  I imagined him being sent straight to the prayer closet as soon as the camera's left.

I was surprised the Joy was allowed to hang glide basically laying on another man and side hugging him the whole time.  How progressive of Austin!  Last point...........Austin.   Seriously hate him.  Here's the thing and excuse me if I explain it badly...........the guy has no sense of humor.  Yes he actually laughed at something once or twice but most of the time he smiles but the smile doesn't reach his eyes if you know what I mean.  The way he talks about his family business, interrupts Joy or just smug smiles at what she says like he's thinking "oh another ignorant woman comment how cute", even his command not to eat the bit of food that fell on the table.  Just an overall vibe about him that screams smug and controlling.  But mostly the part I wasn't sure I'd explain well............his smile doesn't reach his eyes..........to me it's fake and forced like true silly humor has no place in his life when he has godly things to do.  I feel like he would have gotten on very well with the puritans.

• Love 24

IMO, Austin justs acts like a middle aged or older man.  He doesn't seem so much a dick as he seems, to me, way older than Joy.   Austin is a serious minded, carefully planning individual whereas Joy seems spontaneous and fun loving.  That's either going to mesh perfectly or be the ultimate disaster of a marriage!

Joy seems the most like her mother in that her response to everything is, "I'll give it a try!"

Edited by flyingdi
Its too early to spell!
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I loved the scenes in Switzerland!  My favorite Duggar trip yet.  I thought they did pretty well on the ski slopes to be novices.  And the hang gliding!!! OMG.  I thought Joy was prone to motion sickness.  I guess that didn't apply to the hang gliding.  Just breathtaking, really.  Living in the RV is okay, while they renovate their home, but, for goodness sake, get the shower fixed.  Not being able to shower for 4 months.....that ain't right.  

So glad Jinger and Jeremy were able to move out of that apt.  Like their home and how their family showed up to get them settled in.  I need Jana to come help me with a kitchen project. Do you think she's available?  lol

Switzerland was incredibly beautiful- the mountains took my breath away! Time to plan a vacation.

I doubt Joy and Austin weren’t able to shower for four months! (Eww) How far is their home from the TTH? They probably stopped by there daily during the renovations to get ready before the day got started. 

I stated this in the couple thread but Kendra looked so much like a young teen inthralled with her first boyfriend....which she is!! I think Joe is a good guy and cares for her but they are just so damn young. 

• Love 2

How were they so calm flying in the air? I would have been freaking out!  But good for them/looked super effing cool.

Good also for Joy for getting up and yodeling.  I liked her more in that scene than I have total since this show started.

Jinger should model Fundie Athletic Wear.  She's adorable, and I don't compliment this family too often.

Jessa brought the snark.  I can't remember any of it but there was quite a lot.

Joseph (is that Kendra's husband?  I get all the boys confused) was looking to his chaperone (her sister) to see if he could place his hand on her hip during the engagement photos. Oh. My. God.

Also, was it Kendra who said she missed the chaperones?  Oh. My. God.

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, luvbadtv said:

Austin is not that into Joy.  She was obviously in the honeymoon stage, and he looked like he didn't really care about her.  I think he's happy to have his arranged marriage, but it could have been any girl.  His comment about "I want a child so I can show it things I like to do" says it all.  He may be more into himself than Jeremy.

YES!  This kid does not like his wife. Seriously.  The two remind me of a first high school (or maybe even junior high) relationship. There's just nothing there.  It's sad. 

There was a funny part when she dropped the egg on the table and he said 'don't eat it.'  And she just popped it in her mouth and said 'it's ok, I cleaned the table.'  He had a genuine laugh in reaction to that.  But besides that? No, there's no interest.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, luvbadtv said:

Austin is not that into Joy.  She was obviously in the honeymoon stage, and he looked like he didn't really care about her.  I think he's happy to have his arranged marriage, but it could have been any girl.  His comment about "I want a child so I can show it things I like to do" says it all.  He may be more into himself than Jeremy.

Joy was so enamored with Austin during the honeymoon and he looked like he couldn't care less.   She was constantly wanting kisses and leaning into him.   I can't decide if it's because she was taught to act like that or if Austin actually knows what he's doing in the sack.    

*Yes, I understand couples are supposed to be enamored with each other during their honeymoon etc, there was just somethin "off" about them

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Joy was so enamored with Austin during the honeymoon and he looked like he couldn't care less.   She was constantly wanting kisses and leaning into him.   I can't decide if it's because she was taught to act like that or if Austin actually knows what he's doing in the sack.    

*Yes, I understand couples are supposed to be enamored with each other during their honeymoon etc, there was just somethin "off" about them

I think it was more about PDA. She was kind of all over him! And going from not being allowed to hold hands then making out in a gondola...yeah I can see why he maybe was a little thrown off, so I reserve judgement on him for that,

It was super cringy to watch tho lol. It really was like two teens at the mall who just started 'dating' I had flashbacks from JR high. 

I did enjoy their honeymoon scenes! Kudos for them making the most of it. Austin just seems like a serious guy, who is way more mature than Joy. She is going to have some catching up to do. I don't know how I feel about him for sure, but I don't get the creeper vibe from him on camera that others do?

I actually liked the scenes with Jeremy and Jinger. Its nice to have people on with an actual personality!!! Hopefully they are more of a focal point this season otherwise I can't watch. lol. 

Also- I posted this on the reddit thread too but they do the single Duggars NO FAVORS by having those talking heads. They sound idiotic. And stupid. And ignorant AF.  Just focus on the Duggars who are allowed to have lives outside the Duggar compound please. I'd rather watch pain dry then hear the opinions of two uneducated shelter fundy 17 year olds. Just no. Stahp. 

JD is the only un married I can tolerate. He has a little snark and I think It is because he is allowed to have a life outside the compound. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 17
Just now, yogi2014L said:

I'd rather watch pain dry then hear the opinions of two uneducated shelter fundy 17 year olds. Just no. Stahp. 

"Pain" dry!   Please don't fix your post because THAT is the most on point typo I have ever seen!   

• Love 22

Their honeymoon seemed more like a brother and sister competing on The Amazing Race (minus a few 'kiss me kiss me' moments).  They should actually do that.  They both love the outdoors and being active. Go for it, kids!

I also HATED the idea of painting the cabinets white, but the final result was pretty awesome.  Wish they added a little bit of color to the backsplash, but that's a minor complaint :)

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 3

I don't know why I watch this show. Morbid curiosity, I guess . . .

I did like Jinger's tennis outfit. And Jana's tiling skills.

One question. When Austin and Joy were helping out at the family camp (for some reason, the term "family camp" gives me the creeps), I saw the day's menu displayed on a board. I could have sworn one of the items was Fried Possum. Did I imagine that? If not, was it a joke?

• Love 1

Joy and Austin? Wow, no words. She acts like a giddy 13 year-old mooning over her first crush while he's cold and disinterested. Perfect recipe for a happy marriage. *eyeroll* He almost seemed angry with her when she said she didn't mind living in the RV. It was like she insulted his manhood or something. 

Kendra seems like a nice enough girl, but the constant giggling makes me want to push her into traffic. I'm continually freaked out that Pa and Ma Caldwell look younger than Kendra and Joe. 

As much as Jessa's bossy bitch routine grates my nerves, she was right about the cabinets. Painting them white opened up the space and made it feel brighter. I think Jer and Jingle's house is my favorite by far. I like the wall color they chose and the way they had it decorated. 

I also think Henry is the chillest baby on the planet. I loved when they showed him laid up on JD. 

• Love 23
6 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Joy and Austin? Wow, no words. She acts like a giddy 13 year-old mooning over her first crush while he's cold and disinterested. Perfect recipe for a happy marriage. *eyeroll* He almost seemed angry with her when she said she didn't mind living in the RV. It was like she insulted his manhood or something. 

Kendra seems like a nice enough girl, but the constant giggling makes me want to push her into traffic. I'm continually freaked out that Pa and Ma Caldwell look younger than Kendra and Joe. 

As much as Jessa's bossy bitch routine grates my nerves, she was right about the cabinets. Painting them white opened up the space and made it feel brighter. I think Jer and Jingle's house is my favorite by far. I like the wall color they chose and the way they had it decorated. 

I also think Henry is the chillest baby on the planet. I loved when they showed him laid up on JD. 

Sounds like another couple we all know... *cough Derick and Jill cough*

9 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Is there anything more boring than watching someone play frisbee golf?

Is this a rhetorical question? Remember we are talking about the Duggars here. Watching paint dry, the snow melt, or grass grow would be more interesting.

6 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Is this a rhetorical question? Remember we are talking about the Duggars here. Watching paint dry, the snow melt, or grass grow would be more interesting.

Ill take frisbee golf over yet another Duggar wedding, honestly. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

Was it Jeremiah who answered the seed question by saying the seed of Michelle and Jim Bob?  That might have been the closest thing to sexual innuendo that any of the kids, especially the unmarried have ever said.  I imagined him being sent straight to the prayer closet as soon as the camera's left.

Jedidiah made the seed joke.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, SuzyLee said:

Forgive me, Lord, but Austin is just a massively smug dick.  He comes across more like her father in these honeymoon scenes than her newly-wedding husband.  Poor Joy’s lack of years, life experience, and general education are on full display, from her reaction to the sparkling water at the restaurant to the fact that she had no clue was fondue was.  And Austin?  Fondue can be made of other cheeses than just Swiss.  You dick.

There is something about him...I think he's afraid.  Afraid of not always being in control maybe?  He seemed irritated when they were buying their train tickets because neither of them knew what they were doing.  No one expects tourists who don't speak the language to know exactly what to do.  I think he wants a wife and family because that's what he's been told he's supposed to do. But my radar is telling me that deep down inside this is not what he really wants.

2 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

You nailed it.  We all have different theories for why this is true, but the bottom line is...he is not that into Joy.

• Love 15

I was surprised to see Joy hand gliding as she was pregnant (the baby was a 10 lb boy born in the last few days and calculating she gave birth a close 9 months after her marriage);so now that Austin has his mini me, is Joy going to go nuts because she’ll no longer be getting much attention? 

This is the first time I've paid much attention to Joe and Kendra. I think they're actually sweet!  They seem to genuinely care for each other and for their families.  I enjoyed seeing Kendra's family and how easy Joe was with them.  Kendra's giggling gets annoying, but she's just a teenager, isn't she?

• Love 9

Joy in bare feet because her ski boots were too tight...gaw...her Fred Flintstones feet

Joy's ignorant musings about what was being shown and explained to them on the honeymoon sounded like the unintelligible yammering on and on of JimBlob when he took the early shows on trips with his dumblings....

Wished Austoon had sucked that hot laved cheese bit down his windpipe...that would have been more entertaining...

• Love 5

I haven't watched this show in years but there was literally nothing else on last night so I tuned in. God these people are so annoying (I've kept up with them via social media and this site so I'm not completely out of the loop)! 

The constant use of the word, "Babe" by every couple every 2 minutes. 

The constant kissing. I know they were on their honeymoon but c'mon give it a rest. Jinger and Jeremy were no different during tennis. 

I felt bad for Joy (not really, but you know) having to lose her virginity, hang glide and ski all within days of each other. I'm sure home girl was sore as hell during that trip. At one point she said that next time they would get ski lessons (I must say for having no idea what to do she managed to stay on her feet pretty well), all I could think was that there wasn't going to be any next time because Joy's going to spend the next 15 years knocked up. I myself was a child bride (at 19) but I had enough damn sense to know I did not want to have any babies at 19. I waited until I was 26. I'm glad at least Jinger and Jeremy waited a little while to get knocked up. 

I continue to feel sorry for Jana and her twin (JD?). Why cant they leave the house? Why can't they have their own property on Duggar land? Why aren't they married off yet? I know the answer obviously but it's all so sad to me. 

• Love 11
56 minutes ago, woot said:

I didn’t realize how dumb Joy is until last nights episode.  When she and Austyn were at the fondue restaurant she didn’t know what fondue was?! When she tried the sparkling water she looked scared.  I think she thought she accidentally drank alcohol... whispering to Austyn asking what it is.  When he replied it’s sparkling water she was like “are you sure???”.  In the talking heads she called it “water with gas”.  The honeymoon reminded me of Jinger and Jeremy’s trip to Australia but at least Jeremy has worldly experience and knowledge to teach his wife... 

A grudging point in her defense: the French or German for sparkling water does translate to "water with gas" so she may have gotten that from an English menu translation.

I was impressed that she actually has good pitch when she was yodelling. The Duggars are such dreadful tormentors of music that I was surprised Joy actually had some musicality.

Egads, I said two nice things about Joy. I agree with all of you that Austin is not into her. He gives off a really controlling vibe to me. She seems to be brushing it off now but I'm not sure that will last.

And who doesn't know what fondue is?

Edited by jcbrown
  • Love 11

Maybe, it's due to years of wearing a certain style skirt, but, with all of these ladies, from their waist to their ankles seem to be all stiff.  Even when they are in pants, it's as if their legs don't have any flexibility.  Like they are constantly in a pencil skirt.  I would imagine that it's uncomfortable.  Maybe, squats and some yoga pants could limber them up. lol 

• Love 2

Jana is the only mom the younger kids have know since Michelle is useless, distant and not connected to them at all except when the red camera light blinks on....

Jana reigns the compound...if she marries she's back in a powerless position...so she is in no rush to change anything...

Would like to see some girl wanting JD...he is the most tolerable of them all.

If he can trust some gal... believe he would be a devoted husband and not some controlling asshat as all the husbands have turned out to be with the exception of Bin and am guessing Joe.

• Love 7

I detest Austin, but feel sorry for Joy.  Why don't her siblings organize a weekend of finishing that horrid little house they're supposed to be living in?  Now that Joy has a giant baby, she won't be able to spend much time out there helping Austin.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Jana is the only mom the younger kids have know since Michelle is useless, distant and not connected to them at all except when the red camera light blinks on....

Jana reigns the compound...if she marries she's back in a powerless position...so she is in no rush to change anything...

Would like to see some girl wanting JD...he is the most tolerable of them all.

If he can trust some gal... believe he would be a devoted husband and not some controlling asshat as all the husbands have turned out to be with the exception of Bin and am guessing Joe.

I do not think it is JD not trusting some gal, I think it is a girl trusting JD. The pressure is on him to be the perfect Duggar son since Josh failed at the job. He may have seen what marriage is like Duggar style, and he may not want to be hooked up to an available girl his father picks for him and be expected to start getting his little lady pregnant at a drop of the hat and be willing to showcase his marriage and children in order to keep the dog and pony show running. It looks like JB is getting desperate because he is now marrying off his sons just like he married off his four daughters who were molested. Sadly if Jana was one of Josh's victims, she would have been married off by now. Personally I do not think JD is the best catch of the Duggar sons, and he reminds me of a creepy guy from a bad Lifetime movie.

I think why most of the Duggar girls act like 13 year olds while on their honeymoons is because they are starved for affection.  That is why they attach themselves to their husbands like barnacles!  Jessa seemed less giddy on her honeymoon, but I think that’s just because she is not a fan of pda. 

And, while I have you all here, Joy and Austin acted like simpleton yokels in that Swiss restaurant.  I do think Joy was concerned that the sparking water may have been something alcoholic...

• Love 22
1 hour ago, jcbrown said:

A grudging point in her defense: the French or German for sparkling water does translate to "water with gas" so she may have gotten that from an English menu translation.

Ugh okay we will give her the benefit of the doubt... this time. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

I did enjoy their honeymoon scenes! Kudos for them making the most of it. Austin just seems like a serious guy, who is way more mature than Joy. She is going to have some catching up to do. I don't know how I feel about him for sure, but I don't get the creeper vibe from him on camera that others do?

i did too. and frankly, i dont have an issue with austin at this point. i also agree about his eyes sometimes being 'steely'.  but all in all, i will give these two time before i decide if i like them together. 

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

I think why most of the Duggar girls act like 13 year olds while on their honeymoons is because they are starved for affection.  That is why they attach themselves to their husbands like barnacles!  Jessa seemed less giddy on her honeymoon, but I think that’s just because she is not a fan of pda. 

And, while I have you all here, Joy and Austin acted like simpleton yokels in that Swiss restaurant.  I do think Joy was concerned that the sparking water may have been something alcoholic...

I agree with you. I also hated the scene of them buying their train ticket in German while there was a line of people waiting. Just buy your damn ticket in a language you understand and move along! I also noticed that Joy never looked any of the servers or guides in the eye when (if) she said Thank You. It's like her eyes were literally glued to Austin the whole time. 

My cousin was raised very Christian, graduated college and married immediately pretty much just so she could have sex without god damning her to hell or something like that. Before she was 21 she was in another cousins wedding and freaked out when it came time to toast the bride and groom because her glass had alcohol in it. I wasn't there but evidently she made a scene and ran to her "mommy" to ask what she was supposed to do. Girl, drink that champagne and loosen the hell up. Reminded me of Joy and her gassy water.

• Love 11

I was watching this last night and my husband who only half pays attention was very confused during the engagement photo segment (well right before they started taking the pictures), he couldn't tell which was the fiance and which was the sister, he then asked me which one was a Duggar, the boy or the girl, after controlling my laugh I told him it was the guy, his response....is he marrying his cousin?  They just look so....related lol....

• Love 7

I got rid of cable so I cannot watch this any longer (except the 1st season on demand).  I figured it wasn't worth the extra $100 month I am saving to go to HULU Live just to see the Duggars and Sister Wives but if this stuff happens?

ANNB67:  For the love of god dude you weren't asking to lay her on a bail of hay and spank her ass all Fifty Shades...

BITTERAPPLE:  Kendra seems like a nice enough girl, but the constant giggling makes me want to push her into traffic

I am getting cable back!

• Love 15

No..no..noooo the posters on this forum make the show much more amusing, intelligible and worthy of your time and $$$ than it actually is...

If you are getting basic cable back to watch educational and intellectual shows then please come swim with us in the dregs of basic cable like 19 and Counting (Using Our Toes)

• Love 6

I think although they were both raised in a cult, possibly, Austin's parents were much more strict.  I think by the time Joy came along,  the Duggar kids were pretty much able to run wild.  This may be why Austin is much more reserved than his wife.

• Love 5

It wasn't just the unmarried Duggars who are dumber than dirt, it's the married also. I am starting to live for those snarky questions and why do they continue to try to answer them and look so blasted stupid? They need some sort of School of the Kitchen Table re-education since that dining room table really screwed them over.

• Love 6