Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: Honor

nodorothyparker
  • Start Topic

I only cried during one part, when Carl was telling Michonne don't take this with you and "you're my best friend."

I'm so glad Carl was the one who ended his life. It would have been too much to bear for Rick or Michonne.

Didn't see it coming that kid killing that guy. (don't know their character names.)

ETA. damn Chandler looks good on TTD. Love his haircut. Looks great on him.

Edited by Valny
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

I liked that Carl used a silencer so Rick didn't have to hear the shot. Have a nice life, Chandler.

I noticed that too, the silencer.

Chandler has a young face but he is tall.

2 minutes ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

:pours one out:

*toast to Carl*

• Love 9

Crazy Morgan is the best. At least again he and Carol were the only ones to take out some of the saviors. Though Morgan did most of the killings.

When Carl shot him self is when it really hit for me.  Judith also made me feel something.

Half of the people in the tunnel didn't say anything. Too many characters on this show.

Good acting from Andrew and Danai.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I was going to come here and talk about how much I enjoyed that episode, but they ruined it with the final scene of Negan. Negan and TWD can fuck off die. I am not watching any show where he lives and is redeemed.

Welp, I know it was as bad as it possibly could be if they lost you.

• Love 6

Are you kidding me with that shit???  Negan had NO place in that fantasy- stupid lazy writers struggling to explain why Negan keeps not getting killed.

Bright side, Chandler cleans up well and looks nice on TD

• Love 10

I didn't mind Vegetable Patch Negan in Carl's fantasy vision.  It was unexpected, for one thing, so that's a treat. 

But Carl had some sort of connection thing going on with Negan, didn't he?  Negan certainly thought so.

I haven't ever even SEEN a WD comic, so I have no idea how it all plays out there, but I was thinking the show would progress with Carl getting darker and darker and having some kind of conflict about the Negan system versus the Rick system.

Welp, that's done.

• Love 9

Someone really needs to make a gif of Ezekial's reaction when Henry speared the savior.  Speaking of which, was he someone of special significance that we were suppose to know and I somehow missed it.  They seemed to spend a lot of time focused on his death to be just a random savior.

Oh, and Carl died. 

But the hat lived.  So, there's that.

Best part about this episode was no Negan. Until the end with him in the happily ever after. No. Just no. 

I liked Gavin getting speared by Henry , totally unexpected. And Morgan and Carol working together as a killing machine. 

RIP Carl. Good luck Chandler, you’ll be missed. 

• Love 14
25 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I was going to come here and talk about how much I enjoyed that episode, but they ruined it with the final scene of Negan. Negan and TWD can fuck off die. I am not watching any show where he lives and is redeemed.

Did they show the scene of Negan in the garden in order to antagonize the fans? I can't see how Negan & Rick would live in harmony.

• Love 6

RIP Carl. That death went on WAY too long, but it ended on what was actually an appropriately somber note, and Andrew, Danai, and Chandler knocked it out of the park. Poor Michonne and Rick. Still sucks that Carl died. It seems wrong, even after all these months. 

Morgan literally ripped a guys guts out. Awesome. 

Get Negan out of that dream sequence right fucking now, show! It was bad enough when they stuck traitorous Eugene in there multiple times, but Negan? Not gonna happen. That dude has a one way ticket to a walker pit as far as I am concerned. 

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

Someone really needs to make a gif of Ezekial's reaction when Henry speared the savior.  Speaking of which, was he someone of special significance that we were suppose to know and I somehow missed it.  They seemed to spend a lot of time focused on his death to be just a random savior.

Oh, and Carl died. 

But the hat lived.  So, there's that.

Gavin was one of the more "reasonable" saviors.

• Love 3

Besides the general hideousness of the idea that Negan should be spared, for Hope or whatever nonsense they're talking, is the fact that Rick HAS been sparing these idiots all season.  Alexandria is burning to the ground as a result.  It makes no sense that he needs to be reigned in, when he he has yet to go BAMF on the Saviors.  All the "reasoning" the asshole showrunners try to give just makes me think "don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."

• Love 16

I thought that in the past, the process of turning for those who were bitten happened fairly quickly.  Has it ever taken someone as long to succumb as it did Carl?

35 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

RIP Carl. That death went on WAY too long, but it ended on what was actually an appropriately somber note, and Andrew, Danai, and Chandler knocked it out of the park. Poor Michonne and Rick. Still sucks that Carl died. It seems wrong, even after all these months. 

Morgan literally ripped a guys guts out. Awesome. 

Get Negan out of that dream sequence right fucking now, show! It was bad enough when they stuck traitorous Eugene in there multiple times, but Negan? Not gonna happen. That dude has a one way ticket to a walker pit as far as I am concerned. 

I haven't seen the episode yet but I am so f'ing disgusted at seeing that Negan is in Carl's fantasyland. I appreciate the warning.  :(

• Love 9

For some strange reason, I cried from the first shot of Carl until the last actual shot of Carl.  Still have no idea why they killed off this great kid and are keeping some of the most boring, empty characters..but hey, I don't know anything about comic (graphic?) writers.  I also believe that Carl's fantasy was just a fantasy - no future anything.  And to show how much he wanted peace for everyone, and to prove it was all totally not real, they had to throw in a Negan cameo. So, looking at it that way, it didn't bother me to see Negan in that light.

The show held my interest tonight. First time in a long time that I haven't ff'd.  Carol, I love you. If they get all creative with your character...I will finally be set free.

• Love 24
15 minutes ago, StatMom said:

Does Morgan count?

If Morgan counts, so does Judith.

I'm not sure if I'm back to watching this show.  I haven't seen most of the front half and haven't missed it all that much. I feel like I have to see this episode, if only because I have cracked a multitude of jokes at Carl's expense.

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
  • Love 7

I only tuned in for the last 15 minutes to see how Carl ended up dying, and even for that short amount of time discovered that these people still can't shut the fuck up.

I liked Carl killing himself so Rick and Michonne didn't have to do it.  However, I still think it was a mistake for them to kill Carl off, and now I'm out.

I won't be watching again unless I hear that Carol and Michonne have rebelled and killed Negan, Rick, Zeke, Morgan, Simon, Daryl, etc.

• Love 13

HATED.IT Fast forwarded through all all the emotional hand wringing....way to not only kill off Carl, but make it so torturous...including that awful awful song...jesus

I feel cheated because Carl wasnt supposed to die..I think this has jumped the shark for me

• Love 16

Yeah, I bawled pretty much the entire episode. And if you'd told me a few seasons/years ago when fucking Coral would NOT STAY WHERE HE WAS TOLD I would respond this way to his death, I would have called you a dirty liar. But that...HURT. And I resent the showrunners for manipulating my emotions. Fuckers. (The Neegan "fantasy" cameo I will not even justify with a reaction.)

I thought that in the past, the process of turning for those who were bitten happened fairly quickly.  Has it ever taken someone as long to succumb as it did Carl?

I think the show has been fairly consistent in showing that turning only happens AFTER death regardless of how death occurs - walker bites *are* fatal (unless amputated), and death from a walker bite can take a long time, as poor Jim-by-the-side-of-the-road in season 1 showed us, since getting hit in a non-vital area and succumbing from the infection can take far longer than having your neck ripped out. And even the actual act of turning AFTER death can vary from a minute to many hours (also established in season 1 by CDC dude.)

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, MichaelaRae said:

I think the show has been fairly consistent in showing that turning only happens AFTER death regardless of how death occurs - walker bites *are* fatal (unless amputated), and death from a walker bite can take a long time, as poor Jim-by-the-side-of-the-road in season 1 showed us, since getting hit in a non-vital area and succumbing from the infection can take far longer than having your neck ripped out. And even the actual act of turning AFTER death can vary from a minute to many hours (also established in season 1 by CDC dude.)

It took overnight for Andrea's sister, Amy.  And Bob lasted long enough to get kidnapped and served for dinner.  Nobody took 4 months before, though.  ;P

• Love 17

I've been pretty much over this show since the start of the whole Neagan/Saviors nonsense, but my husband (despite swearing to never watch again after Shiva's death) is still watching, so I'm stuck. I'm really not enjoying it anymore, though. They've ruined it.

3 minutes ago, peach said:

And Bob lasted long enough to get kidnapped and served for dinner.  

TAINTED MEAT! TAINTED MEAT! AHAHAHAHA!

• Love 13

It took overnight for Andrea's sister, Amy.  And Bob lasted long enough to get kidnapped and served for dinner.  Nobody took 4 months before, though.  ;P

LOL. As I recall, Amy's wound wasn't immediately fatal, and then yeah, she took ages to turn. Bob was also bit in a non-fatal spot and took some time. And previously mentioned Jim. The time differential to me, really, is about how long takes to turn after you DIE. That has always varied wildly but was established as canon in season 1. In terms of how long it takes to die from a walker bite, that has always seemed to depend on where you were bit. Throat ripped out? Yeah, you're going down fast. Bit in the leg or arm? Hope for somebody with a machete nearby and you might have a chance to live. Get bit in a non-amputatable, non-immediately-fatal part? You're going to die slow, like if you'd gotten bitten like a rabid animal before there were treatments for it.

1 minute ago, peach said:

welcome home.jpg

I don't even LIKE Shane or Lori, and yet I call BS on them not being there. LOL

Edited by MichaelaRae
  • Love 11