Type keyword(s) to search

Aspyn Brown: She Has The Man, But May Eventually Get "The Family"

• Start Topic

On 4/10/2019 at 11:57 AM, giaNtsandYankees said:

True. Frighteningly and sickeningly enough, it's much deeper than that. The men marry their half-sisters, cousins and nieces. They believe that they are descendants of Jesus so they inbreed "to keep the blood in the family." 

How do they think they descend from Jesus?    This makes my head hurt.

18 hours ago, Sokoke said:

Janelle can partner up with Meri and offer Strive Workshops at the B&B, with breathing workshops, vegetables, and other rockstar health tips.  On a serious note, I think Janelle fans would pay up.

Not a bad idea.  Maybe someone from TLC will see this, and if we see an episode about this next season we will know where the idea originated.   I am afraid I know one person who would do this.  (and it is not me).  This person not only follows Janelle's Strive FB page, but is friends with Meri.   I had no idea fans of the show would actually be accepted as FB friends by any of the Browns.

On 3/23/2019 at 3:14 PM, toodles said:

And we can solve crimes.  I bet the Hallmark channel would snap it up in a second!😄😄😄😄

We can also give advice to people who weight 600+ pounds.   I really want to "star" in this program. 

On 4/9/2019 at 8:47 PM, Kohola3 said:

Guess she figures she should start her MLM career while they are still on TV so she'll fit in better with her sister wives once Mitch starts adding them on.

Is it just me or does Aspyn look different in that picture.  I have never heard of this product. Aspyn looks like she has lost a lot of weight in her face.

Edited by Twopper
to add sentences
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

It is my belief that MOST employers care more about your productivity, your personality, your work ethics and honesty than they do if you go home to one wife or several.   A man can have one wife and have a nasty turbulent home life that flows over into the work place and a polygamist can have a fairly harmonious family life that is never spoken of away from the household.   People have said on this board many times that the Browns see persecution where there is none, and that is most certainly the truth.  Of course there are biases and prejudices and unkind remarks and stares and comments - but that isn't the norm.  Once Flagstaff all gets over the buzz of the Brown clan, people will simply not CARE unless that is one of their personal pet peeves.  I don't believe there is any reason the Browns could not get a real job.  "Fans" are not going to mob the business for a chance to touch their arm hairs.

I agree with you completely, but I don’t think they do 😀 And I know other “mainstream” people who think it’s ideal to be self-employed for one reason or another. Possibly (likely) the Browns are dreaming of getting rich quick by selling crap, but I. Think they also want autonomy. 

• Love 1
Just now, Tabbygirl521 said:

I agree with you completely, but I don’t think they do 😀 And I know other “mainstream” people who think it’s ideal to be self-employed for one reason or another. Possibly (likely) the Browns are dreaming of getting rich quick by selling crap, but I. Think they also want autonomy. 

Oh yeah - I wasn't arguing with YOU at all!  lol      I was just thinking about the Browns and how rarely they have a "real" job - and how they all have this persecution complex.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Twopper said:

Is it just me or does Aspyn look different in that picture.  I have never heard of this product. Aspyn looks like she has lost a lot of weight in her face.

I thought she looked thinner in the face too.

3 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Possibly (likely) the Browns are dreaming of getting rich quick by selling crap, but I. Think they also want autonomy. 

They want to work when it suits them and blow off work when it doesn't.  No employer will put up with that kind of crap from anybody no matter what marital status they claim.

The persecution thing is all a load of BS.  They are just lazy and entitled and "want money for nothing and the chicks for free".  Because, you know, polygamists.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
18 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

This post has been removed from her Instagram.

She sold out of detox.  The mad rush for the sludge was greater than the product on hand.  I know I bought like eleventy-seven bottles of this fantastic stuff from her because... well you know... Aspyn is on TV!  She's a celebrity poly-in-the-making!

Edited by Kyanight
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 14
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

They want to work when it suits them and blow off work when it doesn't.  No employer will put up with that kind of crap from anybody no matter what marital status they claim.

The persecution thing is all a load of BS.  They are just lazy and entitled and "want money for nothing and the chicks for free".  Because, you know, polygamists.

I love that song!  You are so right.  Why should those exalted plygs have to dill with shit like hard-ass bosses, regular hours, suck-up coworkers?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

She sold out of detox.  The mad rush for the sludge was greater than the product on hand.  I know I bought like eleventy-seven bottles of this fantastic stuff from her because... well you know... Aspyn is on TV!  She's a celebrity poly-in-the-making!

Oh, YOU were the reason I was only able to buy eleventy-two!  This kind of crap really bothers me.  I KNOW it is up to people to do the research and make healthy choices themselves but when "celebrities" shill this semi-toxic shit it really seems like they are using their powers for evil.  Granted Lulano has the power to render you temporarily blind but at least the effects reverse themselves when you are exposed to real clothes.  

A quick google search on the risks of this shit reaveals:

The consumption of Teami Skinny tea can cause side effects that include excessive urination, weight loss, bloating, constipation, nausea, and skin breakouts.

Dandelion root, for instance, is said to have natural diuretic properties. This means that it constantly stimulates your body to flush out fluids. This may deprive your body of essential minerals and result in dehydration, which can have detrimental effects including; dizziness, sensitivity to light, and more.

Other probable Teami Skinny side effects include:

Heartburn

Diarrhea

Stomach upset

Irritation

Yup, I want more of this!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Oh, YOU were the reason I was only able to buy eleventy-two!  This kind of crap really bothers me.  I KNOW it is up to people to do the research and make healthy choices themselves but when "celebrities" shill this semi-toxic shit it really seems like they are using their powers for evil.  Granted Lulano has the power to render you temporarily blind but at least the effects reverse themselves when you are exposed to real clothes.  

A quick google search on the risks of this shit reaveals:

The consumption of Teami Skinny tea can cause side effects that include excessive urination, weight loss, bloating, constipation, nausea, and skin breakouts.

Damn.  No wonder I am waking up every hour on the hour to go pee.  Anyone want to buy some detox?  It's been blessed by a celebrity!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Damn.  No wonder I am waking up every hour on the hour to go pee.  Anyone want to buy some detox?  It's been blessed by a celebrity!

I get pissed (literally) when I have to get up more than twice a night to pee.  

Yeah, these MLM things promise a quick fix for whatever the dill is, and somehow don't fix very much, if anything.  Ugh!

• Love 5
(edited)

Guys, I got more for you. Are you ready for it?

Rosemary (Thompson) Williams' (Mitch's aunt - half or whole, I'm not sure). parents are...

Lynn Anderson Thompson (as we know) and Donna Beth (Allred) Jessop (Aspen's great-great aunt).

Beth Allred Jessop (sister to Rulon Allred, Rosemary's grandmother and Christine's great aunt) has had two daughters (with Joseph Lyman Jessop) that had married Joseph Blaine Thompson. I'm not sure if this Thompson is kin to Lynn. It's a possibility. I still need to do some digging.

I had found Lynn's mother though. Apparently she was married four times. Her fourth marriage was to...Christine's grandfather Rulon Clark Allred. But he's definitely not Lynn's father. It was either Joseph Orlando Thompson or William John Worth Kilgrow. (Some records has Lynn's surname as Kilgrow).

On a random note: I do believe that a lot of the Jessops in the AUB community are related to each other be it close or distant. It turns out that Joseph Lyman Jessop was the only Jessop to follow Rulon when he organized the Apostolic United Brethren which was organized the same year as the FLDS in 1954. But a few Jessops could had left FLDS and joined AUB. It's possible.

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
  • Useful 10
On 4/12/2019 at 12:18 PM, ginger90 said:

This post has been removed from her Instagram.

Is it just me, or did her post make this stuff seem pretty good?  I guess I'm pretty naive, but I agree with the coffee making me feel sluggish in the pm.  I wonder if she removed it due to backlash?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I wonder if she removed it due to backlash?

I have no way of knowing but I think she probably got negative feedback.

For one thing she didn't even mention or point out that you shouldn't take anything without consulting your doctor.

Most people who promote supplements, cleanses and other health food items post a simple disclaimer or warning.

Of course the Brown's will promote anything that comes with a dollar attached... thankfully the others are promoting items that don't go in your body and could harm you.

Lulunooo patterns might produce temporary blindness and make you look stupid but beyond that you're OK....  Cleansing teas can make some people sick.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I think that a lot of the Brown kids, along with their parents, think they are too good for real jobs where you have to show up to work everyday, be on time and take instruction from someone else. Notice the only ones with real jobs are rarely on the show? I am not sure how much money Aspyn could make from the nails thing since she and Mykelti basically have the same small potential clients from the Sister Wives fans pool. I worked while going to sho full time. There is no reason Aspyn couldn’t have a part-time real job while in school. These people seem to always be trying to take the easy way out. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, MakingBacon said:

I think that a lot of the Brown kids, along with their parents, think they are too good for real jobs where you have to show up to work everyday, be on time and take instruction from someone else. Notice the only ones with real jobs are rarely on the show? I am not sure how much money Aspyn could make from the nails thing since she and Mykelti basically have the same small potential clients from the Sister Wives fans pool. I worked while going to sho full time. There is no reason Aspyn couldn’t have a part-time real job while in school. These people seem to always be trying to take the easy way out. 

I think all of the daughters aspire to be SAHMs once they start having children.  They grew up with this type of "business" and see nothing wrong with it as a way to bring in extra cash while staying home with their children.  They probably all appreciated having Christine around as she was probably their only real source of stability and are looking to recreate that feeling for their own kids.

• Love 13

Ok the nail strips remind me of Jamberry but are easier to apply. Whatever happened to Jamberry? Oh yeah—they shut down, leaving thousands of sales reps stiffed. These color street strips reportedly do chip, too—more easily than Jamberry ever did. 

The only thing that’s ever worked for me is shellac done in a salon. Stayed until I had it removed. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Maybe the backlash was that the Teami Skinny tea did not appear to help with weight loss, so now she is using her doughy hands to promote stick-on nail glitter.

"doughy hands"  😂

Exactly between the way she's holding her hand and the color of the nail strip which does not flatter her skin tone... Nothing about that pic would make me want to purchase what she's selling.  Ugh!

Can't they think of this stuff?

Show a pretty color and possibly your hand holding a pretty tea cup with hints of same color as your nails on the cup design... A pretty floral or something... Not just your hand with fingers splayed out in front of you face.   *blech*

• Love 7
On 4/30/2019 at 5:41 PM, Joan of Argh said:

"doughy hands"  😂

Exactly between the way she's holding her hand and the color of the nail strip which does not flatter her skin tone... Nothing about that pic would make me want to purchase what she's selling.  Ugh!

Can't they think of this stuff?

Show a pretty color and possibly your hand holding a pretty tea cup with hints of same color as your nails on the cup design... A pretty floral or something... Not just your hand with fingers splayed out in front of you face.   *blech*

Joan, you could be a photo director! 

The competition to be a social media "influencer" (grrrr!) is fierce and anything that gives one the upper hand (haha) is a big plus - knowing how to frame your shots is important, almost as important as knowing how to SPELL (I'm looking at YOU, Mykelti!).  

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 4/29/2019 at 4:00 AM, Kohola3 said:

Another grifter looking for an easy way to make money. What happened to her college education and a real job?  Oh, wait, she's a Brown.

Wasn’t she studying education? Did she end up completing her degree?

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, MissTeacher13 said:

Wasn’t she studying education? Did she end up completing her degree?

I can’t find it now, it may have been in a reply on her Instagram. I believe she said she graduates this month.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Joan, you could be a photo director! 

The competition to be a social media "influencer" (grrrr!) is fierce and anything that gives one the upper hand (haha) is a big plus - knowing how to frame your shots is important, almost as important as knowing how to SPELL (I'm looking at YOU, Mykelti!).  

All the brown girls apparently are angling to be invited to Coachella or the next Fyre Festival I suppose...(OT but if you haven't seen the Fyre doc on Netflix yet... Wow)

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

All the brown girls apparently are angling to be invited to Coachella or the next Fyre Festival I suppose...(OT but if you haven't seen the Fyre doc on Netflix yet... Wow)

Kody would become apoplectic at the thought of his daughters at an outdoor music festival, where scantily clad bodies are the norm.  He would instruct the mothers to forbid attendance at such an event, much like he passed his morality buck to Meri when setting sleeping arrangements for Pudge and Sludge.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Kody would become apoplectic at the thought of his daughters at an outdoor music festival, where scantily clad bodies are the norm.  He would instruct the mothers to forbid attendance at such an event, much like he passed his morality buck to Meri when setting sleeping arrangements for Pudge and Sludge.

But the girls are adults and they're doing what they want to do now. Hooray for them! 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

But the girls are adults and they're doing what they want to do now. Hooray for them! 

The older kids all do seem to have minds of their own and follow their own hearts but it wouldn't stop Kody from attempting to impose his own value system on them, no matter what age they are.  Examples would be the Mariah and Audge sleeping arrangements and his snide remark to Logan over the consumption of alcohol at Aspyn's wedding.

• Love 6
Just now, Sandy W said:

The older kids all do seem to have minds of their own and follow their own hearts but it wouldn't stop Kody from attempting to impose his own value system on them, no matter what age they are.  Examples would be the Mariah and Audge sleeping arrangements and his snide remark to Logan over the consumption of alcohol at Aspyn's wedding.

Ah well, my mom tries that kind of stuff on me too, and I'm in my 50s. My sibs and I just blow it off. 😂

• LOL 6

Parents are always going to have advice and opinions. One thing I actually like about this crazy setup is that the kids do seem to have been allowed to have their own thoughts and opinions, and are making their own mistakes and successes. Huge contrast with the Duggars, for example. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Sandy W said:

He really is quite something, cocky asshole.

Most parents who make comments about sleeping arrangements etc do it from a position of actually being conservative in their view of such things and aren't bed hoppers themselves.

Kody is sleeping with 4 different women while only being legally married to one.

He's got quite the nerve to comment on anyone else's sleeping arrangements or if someone wants to have a drink at a wedding.. Ugh!

Hypocrite!

• Love 16
21 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

He's got quite the nerve to comment on anyone else's sleeping arrangements or if someone wants to have a drink at a wedding..

But, but  Prophet!  Celestial planet!  "Tennants" of the religion!  God "called" them!  Eternal life in outer space hating each other for all eternity!

Silly, monogamist.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

But, but  Prophet!  Celestial planet!  "Tennants" of the religion!  God "called" them!  Eternal life in outer space hating each other for all eternity!

Silly, monogamist.

Yup typical beliefs that allow men to do whatever the hell they want under the guise of a calling from God.

Meanwhile the women have to be "sweet" and pop out one kid after another and the kids have to go along with the nonsense until they're old enough to get the hell away from it.

I'll never understand what makes some women go along with such bullshit.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Yup typical beliefs that allow men to do whatever the hell they want under the guise of a calling from God.

Meanwhile the women have to be "sweet" and pop out one kid after another and the kids have to go along with the nonsense until they're old enough to get the hell away from it.

I'll never understand what makes some women go along with such bullshit.

Yup. A belief system designed by a lazy ass con man who wanted a whole lot of young women.

Women are conditioned and the groups segregate themselves so that they are 1. afraid of the outside world and 2. if they get to that outside world they don't know how to function within it.

""Women must agree or be destroyed..."" I'm paraphrasing, but that's the gist of it.

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, Pegasaurus said:

You would think that women in open, free-thinking, western cultures wouldn't fall for such BS...

And the minute we DO exert our independence we get old men making laws to knock us back down.  Ugh.

How any woman could believe in someone as satanic as Warren Jeffs is frightening.  But they do.   Double ugh.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

How any woman could believe in someone as satanic as Warren Jeffs is frightening.  But they do.   Double ugh.

Even the men aren't doing so great under Warren Jeffs right now.  Because he is in prison and can't rape little girls, he decreed that none of the faithful should be having sex, at all.  Wonder how many people are actually going to follow that.  Think there will be a few "wonder how that happened babies showing up?"

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

And the minute we DO exert our independence we get old men making laws to knock us back down.  Ugh.

Saw it up close right here in the Bay Area with Peoples Temple and Jonestown back in the 1970s. I remember it well.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
16 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Christine MUST be wearing Lulano in this picture.

That outfit is hideous!  Those colored tights and clodhoppers don't improve the look of the sack dress at all.

And is that a giant hole in Kootie's pants?

Edited by Kohola3
further inspection
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

That outfit is hideous!  Those colored tights and clodhoppers don't improve the look of the sack dress at all.

And is that a giant hole in Kootie's pants?

I think it’s the tip of his sunglasses

CB5911BA-F963-4A4B-88FF-D468A517874E.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Ow my eyes! Those stubby flat black riding boots paired with the little girl thick leggings and an unflattering floral tent dress!  Christine what are you doing? You know it’s a special occasion and you’ll be photographed right?  If that is her showcasing the best #Lulafashion that’s a hard pass from me. 🙅🏼‍♀️

• Love 10