Type keyword(s) to search

Aspyn Brown: She Has The Man, But May Eventually Get "The Family"

• Start Topic

I thought I'd start a thread for her since she has become big news now that she's engaged. Not only engaged, but engaged to the son of the current AUB prophet. I'm sure that the Browns LOVE him. He may take Caleb's place as Kody's favorite son (in-law).

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

He may take Caleb's place as Kody's favorite son (in-law).

Yep, I can see that.  Kodoofus is already drooling over the Sister Wives - The Second Generation spin-off.  Probably pictures himself mentoring whats-his-name in the fine art of TV Family Prophet.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

I thought I'd start a thread for her since he has become big news now that she's engaged. Not only engaged, but engaged to the son of the current AUB prophet. The Browns are going to LOVE him. He may take Caleb's place as Kody's favorite son (in-law).

I think Kody and Kompany will be in a quandary over this.  On the one hand, they will be giddy with excitement over another wedding and the possibility of another season evolving from that... and on the other, the SM attention that will be given to Lynn Thompson and the accusations by the groom's sister/half sister Rosemary Williams against their mutual father.

• Love 5

This brings up the quandary that Aspyn might be a first wife. I hope not, because she seems to have a good head on her shoulders and she sees what Hell her mom's go through. The Brown's seem like they want their offspring to be in plural marriages. Which brings up the question: What if one (or more) of their young daughters wants to marry into a plural family as a third, fourth or fifth wife of some older guy (like Kody) who is old enough to be her father, or grandfather for that matter? Just typing that sentence I want to go and wash the creepiness off of my hands.

• Love 14
12 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I think Kody and Kompany will be in a quandary over this.  On the one hand, they will be giddy with excitement over another wedding and the possibility of another season evolving from that... and on the other, the SM attention that will be given to Lynn Thompson and the accusations by the groom's sister/half sister Rosemary Williams against their mutual father.

We've seen Christine go to Mount Everest with Mykelti's (or the Obnoxious Entitlement Twins)'s wedding, because she felt remorse for not accepting Tony. So since Aspyn is not only marrying someone in the AUB, but marrying the prophet's son, Christine will most likely go to the moon with their wedding. I don't know if Apsyn and Mitchell's wedding will be aired (I believe their wedding date is set for this summer) or a reenactment of their engagement based on how uncomfortable Mitchell looked during his and Aspyn's engagement announcement on TLC. It might be because he's not used to being in front of a camera like Aspyn is. And also for the same reason you stated, social media's attention to Lynn Thompson and the abuse accusations made by Rosemary.

Now if the adult Browns (and I say this loosely - i.e. Kody and his histrionics about how he and his family are persecuted, in exile from Utah because of their lifestyle, Meri's constant self-victimization, and inability to take responsibility, Christine's running around hyper-active like she's on something, etc.) push for an on-air wedding (since it will bring in another season), I wonder if we will see Mitch's sisters, Rosemary Williams and Vanessa Alldredge make an appearance. Almost like a crossover or something of the sort! 

10 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Excellent topic title.

Thank you! You saw what I did there! ?☺

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
  • Love 5

Is she really a Brown?  I wonder if she was adopted.   Excited to do something to help others, what a concept.

For all of  her proclamations about social work, her actions make me doubt Mariah in every way.

• Love 23
12 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Is she really a Brown?  I wonder if she was adopted.   Excited to do something to help others, what a concept.

For all of  her proclamations about social work, her actions make me doubt Mariah in every way.

Interesting how we've recently commented here about how they do nothing for anyone of a charitable, society-helping nature . . . and then we get this post.  What a COINCIDENCE!!!!

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Interesting how we've recently commented here about how they do nothing for anyone of a charitable, society-helping nature . . . and then we get this post.  What a COINCIDENCE!!!!

I can just see Kody frantically in damage control mode.  Who amongst us is generally liked by the public.....Logan! Logan! we need you!!!  Oh! You want to sit this one out...  OK. who's next, Aspyn, you're up, get something positive out there quick!

• Love 12
47 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I can just see Kody frantically in damage control mode.  Who amongst us is generally liked by the public.....Logan! Logan! we need you!!!  Oh! You want to sit this one out...  OK. who's next, Aspyn, you're up, get something positive out there quick!

"Your sisters have royally screwed our happy, loving, family image, HELP!"

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Aspyn, we WANT to like you!  But the #hashtags are bringing you down, hon.  Look at what your sisters are doing and then do the complete opposite (especially that snowflake in Chicago).

Ah yes, but if you read the hashtags, some seem a bit tongue-in-cheek, like she's messing around a little. Still a bit annoying, but at least she has a sense of humor.

• Love 13
On 12/8/2018 at 7:42 AM, Kohola3 said:

"Your sisters have royally screwed our happy, loving, family image, HELP!"

Logan's dad, mother, and other mothers royally screwed their happy, loving, family, image before any of his sisters were old enough for us to judge them on their own merits. If the Browns are the best example of polygamy, I can see why it's mainly a religious/cult requirement. Who would willingly make themselves that miserable unless brainwashed that their only way into heaven required it of them?

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

This is just my personal preference, but I think her husband looks so much better with that beard trimmed a lot shorter.

I agree!  Mr. Xword keeps his beard short.  I'm sure he knows that I like it that way, plus I hate his brothers' long beard (BIL has been called Moses, but not to his face!)

• Love 8

Odd there are no hashtags for LLN.  Did Meri give her an early Christmas gift?  Remember when Meri would sew all the kids pajamas for Christmas?  

Nah, they're probably from Christine.  I really doubt if Meri gets gifts for any of the kids, except maybe Robyn's golden babies.  The rest probably get LLN rejects.

• Love 5
On 12/20/2018 at 7:02 PM, deirdra said:

How sad, I thought Aspyn was one of the good ones, but Mrs. Thompson must have agreed to shilling for several people/companies to get deals on stuff & services for her wedding.

I don't see anything wrong with her promoting the companies for freebies, it's better than taking things then skipping town when the bills come like some other folks we're familiar with :)

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I don't see anything wrong with her promoting the companies for freebies, it's better than taking things then skipping town when the bills come like some other folks we're familiar with :)

It is better than skipping town when the bills come in, but to me, there is something unsavory and greedy about it.  Throw the kind of shindig you can afford to pay for yourself.  Giving the nod to family for their contributions may be an exception as they were probably given to the couple with love, but to promote other suppliers in exchange for a discount is tacky to me.  JMO

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

It is better than skipping town when the bills come in, but to me, there is something unsavory and greedy about it.  Throw the kind of shindig you can afford to pay for yourself.  Giving the nod to family for their contributions may be an exception as they were probably given to the couple with love, but to promote other suppliers in exchange for a discount is tacky to me.  JMO

Agree to disagree, I don't see the harm in getting the services for free as long as they're not pretending they are paying for it themselves.  I guess since they both have extremely large families and don't see how her family can responsibly contribute much of anything. I have no idea about his family's finances. The alternative is I guess TLC paying for it.  Honestly, I'd be happy with a small JOP wedding, but I only have like 4 people in my family and we used our wedding money/gifts to buy a home in cash. I personally never saw the need for a big wedding. Anyhow, the freebies seem better than going into debt for a wedding.  I wish them the best, they're probably going to need it.

Edited by Irate Panda
It's TLC not TCL...either way it's a long way from The Learning Channel
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

My opinion as well. 

They can get the freebies because of their Z list star" status - this kind of stuff isn't available to the rest of the world.  To me it smacks of hangers-on sucking up every advantage they can before the roof caves in.  Of course, this is what Aspyn has been taught her entire life - grifting for dollars - but she seemed less self-centered and I had hopes that she was a little less greedy than the rest.  Not so. 

So far it seems like the boys are the only ones immune to selling their lives.

• Love 4

I guess I don't consider it gifting because the businesses offering the services know what they're getting, a recommendation/publicity from a z-lister.  As far as taking one of the most sacred moments of your life and inviting the free world to take part of it for a "profit" that's a whole other story, I don't know if this wedding was/will be televised, but a post on Instagram doesn't bother me.  

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I don't know if this wedding was/will be televised, but a post on Instagram doesn't bother me.  

And People magazine, and US magazine and TLCme.com, and InTouch Weekly - all of which pay for the "privilege".  Plus advertising their bridal registry.

And it will be on the show, trust me.  These people know how to work the crowd.

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

And People magazine, and US magazine and TLCme.com, and InTouch Weekly - all of which pay for the "privilege".  Plus advertising their bridal registry.

And it will be on the show, trust me.  These people know how to work the crowd.

I'm not saying it wouldnt.  Just wouldn't call it gifting since everybody involved seemingly knows what they're getting.  It wouldn't be my choice, but I don't begrudge them getting their "dream" wedding paid for instead of going thousands of dollars in debt.  Now the questionable financing of houses and moving out of state in the middle of the night to "escape" the law, I'm still waiting for the elder Browns comeuppance on that.

• Love 5

I guess baking a loaf of bread would seem like novel "self care" after the last several years of fast food and takeout.  Most families this size would have been baking their own bread for decades.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, deirdra said:

I guess baking a loaf of bread would seem like novel "self care" after the last several years of fast food and takeout.  Most families this size would have been baking their own bread for decades.

Agree.  They should have been cooking a lot from scratch.  I watch lots of large family cooking and while they might not bake everything they eat from scratch, they do most of it.  

• Love 5

I like Aspyn and she looks happy to me.  She 's still in school and she can see the finish line.  She carried a lot of the family load growing up as well.  Remember Christine's hand wringing when she started college?

Also, she was the one in Kody's face when Truley was so ill.  God knows buying Mariah a car was waaaayyyy more important than taking his critical ill daughter to a doctor.

It is my sincere hope that we don't see bridezilla Aspyn when the new season starts.  Please and thank you.  

• Love 10

In the trailer for the upcoming season, Mitch is asked something about taking a sister wife in the future.  It seemed to me that he gave a noncommital answer and Aspyn definitely gave him the side-eye.  I hope it's not an omen or worse yet, a storyline.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

In the trailer for the upcoming season, Mitch is asked something about taking a sister wife in the future.  It seemed to me that he gave a noncommital answer and Aspyn definitely gave him the side-eye.  I hope it's not an omen or worse yet, a storyline.

I really hope that doesn't happen.  Isn't his sister the redhead that was on Seeking Sister Wife?  She had a molar pregnancy.  

I do remember Aspyn so very worried about Truely, when she had kidney failure.  Very good sister to have.

• Love 5

There's no way in hell Mitch doesn't eventually take on an additional wife or two in the future, and from her reaction, it looks like Aspyn knows it too. He was raised AUB--not Church of the Holy Dipshit like Aspyn was--they're true believers. Mitch may not be thinking about it now, but given time, family pressure, and the shine being off the marriage after some years, he's going to go all prodigal. I'd bet my life! 

• Love 7