Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Mizrahi Madness

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

On another thread, I was also told that this was filmed in 2016.  My question was why do these take so long to air?  

Perhaps Lifetime wanted to give the show a break after airing five seasons consecutively. In the past, there wasn't such a long delay between filming and airing; All Stars 4 was taped in the summer of 2014 and began airing that October. 

It's a bit strange to think that the winner of this installment has known for nearly two years, and that there is already another winner waiting in the wings (All Stars 7 was filmed in the summer of 2017). 

I noticed that 8/9 contestants eliminated so far have been women. Looking back at past seasons, it seems these judges tend to be more critical of the female contestants than the males. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, gingerormaryann said:

Juxtaposition:  Joshua crying because Isaac cared about him and at the same time, Joshua going after Isaac on Instagram.  I don't recommend anyone giving him more views, but among other things, he calls Isaac a "creepy predator" and "an ugly human being."

I really think he needs to be on medication.

I think maybe he was looking in the mirror and was actually talking about himself..........

• Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

I like Anne. She doesn't pussyfoot around. Just yep, nope, start over. Love it. At least she tells them not like uncle tim who hems and haws and 9 times out of 10 is completely wrong.

Anne's advice got Merline kicked off the show.

I hadn't been paying attention in past episodes but it seems like this is not even the first time, either.

Edmund's dress was horrible this week.  It actually made me upset.  And I like him.

I have to painfully admit I thought Helen's was amazing.  I liked some of the outfits.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Ms Blue Jay said:
5 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

I like Anne. She doesn't pussyfoot around. Just yep, nope, start over. Love it. At least she tells them not like uncle tim who hems and haws and 9 times out of 10 is completely wrong.

Anne's advice got Merline kicked off the show.

I hadn't been paying attention in past episodes but it seems like this is not even the first time, either.

Anthony too.

I think Tim hems and haws precisely because he knows his advice could get the contestant kicked off, they can take on the advice or ignore it but at the end of the day it should be the contestants vision, no one elses.

• Love 8
On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎01 at 10:18 PM, notcreative enough said:

"my models really thin this week" 

Really aren't they thin every week. 

And everyone's "OMG Issac but so much thought into what color to give me." He probably picked names and colors out of a bag. People trying to decipher why he picked the colors for them.

Thank you!  As soon as Helen, et al, started raving about how much thought Isaac put into the colour choices, my first thought was "stupid, he picked those colours at random and then made up stupid stories to go along with them".  Ridiculous.

• Love 3

I don't think Anne's advice got Merline kicked off the show.  Anne told Merline to stop making the same dress over and over again.  Merline didn't listen to that and made the same dress she always makes.  If she had actually listened to Anne, she might still be there.

• Love 22
15 hours ago, gingerormaryann said:

Juxtaposition:  Joshua crying because Isaac cared about him and at the same time, Joshua going after Isaac on Instagram.  I don't recommend anyone giving him more views, but among other things, he calls Isaac a "creepy predator" and "an ugly human being."

The crying took place in 2016, the Instagram in 2018.  A lot can happen in two years.

• Love 5

How dangerous for us audience members to be shown a fashion design show from 2016. When they say "it's on trend" we think that must mean 2018, not 2 years ago. We are all going to look like idiots! :D

PS. No wonder we aren't seeing any cold-shoulder outfits, that's in the future.

• Love 14
19 hours ago, ThatsDarling said:

On another thread, I was also told that this was filmed in 2016.  My question was why do these take so long to air?  

I don't know why the deal was 2 years delayed (or maybe 18 months, depending...) but I do recall hearing that when the Weinstein scandal broke there was a question regarding the airing of this season's all stars as his company (or was him personally?) owned or produced the show. It was said back then that the show was finished and TPTB were debating whether to air or not.

On 3/1/2018 at 11:14 PM, GoldaVining said:

Yes. There is Anthony just living and where is his big fat fabulous show? This is a waste. I would throw a weekly watch party for his show. I make a crusty rustic bread with havarti... come on over! Don't bring anything. I'll make mixed drinks.

Can I come over? I absolutely love Anthony. He is a delight. I would 100% watch a reality show about him living and working. I couldn't wear his dress though - yellow looks terrible on me.

I liked Ken's. Red looks good on me and I would rock that dress. I didn't like Josh's - too saggy in the bust and the dropped waist was bad. It did move beautifully though. Edmond's looked like a nightgown but I loved the color. But overall I did find the runway uninspired. I love color but these were some very blah dresses despite the color palate.

• Love 2

I'm surprised Josh's dress was safe.  I thought for sure it'd be in the bottom and he'd be neck and neck with Merline for being cut.  That dress was sloppy, saggy, mishapen, and had mismatched boobs.  And very night-gowny, too.  

• Love 11
2 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

I'm surprised Josh's dress was safe.  I thought for sure it'd be in the bottom and he'd be neck and neck with Merline for being cut.  That dress was sloppy, saggy, mishapen, and had mismatched boobs.  And very night-gowny, too.  

I agree, I thought for sure he was in the bottom. That bust was wonky as hell. I agree with those that say it did flow beautifully though.

Stanley, Fabio, and Ken were the only ones with any structure to their garments. I would've had them at the top, with Josh, Merline and Anthony at the bottom and Edmund and Helen safe. But I agree with the winner and the loser though, so it's all good.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

He's in the middle a lot when he should be in the bottom. I'm amazed he's made it this far. I really don't think it's because of his designs.

• Love 6

For this particular challenge, I think there were enough bad garments to put bottom, so they just took a break from Josh's asshole self during judging. I bet he'll be back there soon.

• Love 2
On 03/03/2018 at 5:45 PM, gingerormaryann said:

Do you have a link ? Anyway, it has been filmed 2 yo, so maybe something happenend inbetween ?

(edited)

Ugh, the fact that his video was THAt shaky while he was standing still was as offensive as his neverending defensiveness. 

ETA: I didn’t see the post that got removed but it’s not just nudity that gets posts removed on Instagram. Everyone who uses IG knows that. 

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, gingerormaryann said:

(insert gif of Stanley's eye roll).

Reaaaal classy.

A few episodes ago, Josh was complaining to be always "safe" because he wanted to have the jury's advice. Well, he got the jury advice! He should talk to Ken about that anger management therapy, because it seems effective.

Edited by Sarnia
  • Love 2

Alyssa had a FANTASTIC look on the runway.  Everything worked for her.  The snatched waist, the ballet neckline, the hair.  Everything!  She should refer back to this look and insist the PR stylists make her look this put together and awesome every week.

I had no problem with Helen's eggplant.  Last time I looked, eggplant was purple.  Did they want her to use  magenta or some awful 70's bright  purple?  I guess so.  I loved the eggplant and good on her for pairing it with a bold, beautiful teal.  I love the color combination.  I liked the design, except for the short leg under the drape.  It was a dumb idea.  If it had been full pants, love it.

No more lingerie on the runway.  Who, save a Hollywood starlet, would wear that to an event?  Just to have people mention bedclothes all night?  No thanks. I dunno, maybe if I was a size -4.

Love Anthony.  I didn't mind his dress.  The design didn't look completely finished, like the cutout...too small.  I thought it has potential though.

I'm glad Merline went home.  I think she has a very interesting esthetic.  It's just seems like she only had one idea, architectural.  It's a good idea but I think she needs to broaden her horizons.  I don't think an entire line of nothing but architectural pieces would be interesting.  It would get boring pretty quickly, to me.

Ken should send Anthony a Candy-Gram or an Edible Arrangement or something for giving him a well needed kick in the butt.

I call BS on the judges saying Edmond used his complementary color well.  A bow in the back of the dress was a good use?  Personally, I don't have issue with that.  I just thought the judges would have expected, and wanted a different use of the color than a simple bow in the back.  I feel that other designers would've gotten ripped apart for not being original or gutsy if they had done that.

Stanley looked thrilled to be able to collaborate with Issac.  Good for him.  Hope all goes well.  I think Issac would be fun to work with.

• Love 4
On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:19 AM, beaker73 said:

Exactly. I’m glad Ken said as much to Anne too.  I guess I was just disappointed with what they all came up with.  It seems like each and everyone of them made a dress in the main color and tacked on the complementary as an afterthought.  

P.S.  I was also disappointed that Josh didn’t get orange.  I had my fingers crossed for that one. ;)

Josh made a couple shapeless short dresses with a feather broach holding it up in his original season; 1 in orange and it would have ended up being a "redux!" ;-)

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:45 AM, gingerormaryann said:

My mouth just went agape in shock! It's one thing to feel that way, but to go public like that will only hurt Josh! It'll come back to haunt him for years I'm sure! I may have not been thrilled with Isaac on occasion, but I never would have immortalized such a thin-skinned tirade online like that! It bothered me when Isaac seemed to save Sam in PR: A5 again and again when some of his designs were so derivative and similar; esp. in material! Ken called him out in the green room saying he "relied on that pretty $#!t; and I don't mean your clothes!" I cracked up because it was so true! ;-)

I think Josh is a jackass but MAYBE he was trying to joke about Issac looking creepy because of how he seems to be peering around RuPaul? Still not cool, but I think he was calling out the judges strictly on appearance, not their actual selves. 

He really does need to grow up. 

• Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 12:24 PM, dgpolo said:

Anthony too.

I think Tim hems and haws precisely because he knows his advice could get the contestant kicked off, they can take on the advice or ignore it but at the end of the day it should be the contestants vision, no one elses.

Tim's not always right! There have been times his advice was ignored and the design won; case in point Jerell from season 5 in the "Astrology Sign" challenge! His Leo lion mane was everything and was voted positively by past designers at the Observatory party, then the next day winning on the runway! ;-)

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:53 PM, AZChristian said:

No grass growing under her feet.  Now she's into archery!

Love her! To this day, I still don't understand the judges relegating her to 4th in that 3rd season! She was going on 9 months into her pregnancy and did better than the other designers; hands down! Her collection looked to be worth over $30,000 with a meager budget of $8K! That green evening gown in the finale was "everything!" I swear the judges had to be on drugs to award the top prize to Jeffrey who shouldn't have even made the finale with that "milk maid" offering! What a joke! ;-(

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 4
On 3/2/2018 at 11:27 AM, seacliffsal said:

I was also pleased to hear the prize of Stanley being able to collaborate with Isaac on a collection for Lord and Taylor.  I wonder if it would have been the same prize had someone else won (and that's why he wasn't going to announce it until after the runway...). 

On 3/2/2018 at 5:45 PM, SnarkyTart said:

Didn't like any of the dresses.  I agree that Isaac was compelled, in large part, to pick Stanley because that's who he could most easily work with.  (Imagining Isaac being forced to create a capsule collection with Joshua is making me laugh out loud.)  

My guess is Isaac reserved the right not to give this prize at all and held back announcing it until after the runway to protect himself. If he didn't like what he saw, or who was on top, he didn't have to offer it. Doesn't mean he was holding out for Stanley alone, but I can see where he'd want to see how things shook out before offering such a big prize!

• Love 2
On 3/11/2018 at 2:36 PM, Fiero425 said:

Love her! To this day, I still don't understand the judges relegating her to 4th in that 3rd season! She was going on 9 months into her pregnancy and did better than the other designers; hands down! Her collection looked to be worth over $30,000 with a meager budget of $8K! That green evening gown in the finale was "everything!" I swear the judges had to be on drugs to award the top prize to Jeffrey who shouldn't have even made the finale with that "milk maid" offering! What a joke! ;-(

I'm a member of the Uli was Robbed club, but I would've been happy with Laura winning as well. She actually came in third though,Mychael Knight was fourth.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Gothish520 said:

I'm a member of the Uli was Robbed club, but I would've been happy with Laura winning as well. She actually came in third though,Mychael Knight was fourth.

Mychael's collection looked a bit cheap for some reason; maybe the lightweight materials! Fabio had the same problem initially, but somehow elevated the collection with accessories and minor changes to make it presentable back in his season's finale! ;-)

• Love 1