Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S05.E09: One K at a Time

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

Yeah and if she was trying to divert attention from the fact that she is fat as a house, it had the opposite effect. The more I think about it, punishing her parents for making her do it was also her goal. She wanted to show them how much pain they caused her by forcing her to do this. This is why she would not stop even though her dad was begging her to. You wanted me to do it, dad? Okay I'll do it, I'll be out here for 3 hours in the heat torturing you and you will be sorry you made me do this! And it seemed to have worked, as her mom felt bad and her dad felt like they "pushed her too hard" and they both felt guilty. What a little BIG pc of shit she is. 

and Damn she needs therapy for pulling such a shit stunt. Its so low, and she cannot admit her motivations to herself. It is SO obvious.

12 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

That guy weirded me out the more he talked. It was like "OH LOOK A CAMERA CREW AND A MORBIDLY OBESE LADY" and he made a beeline to her. If I were in pain and panting and moaning, the last thing I'd want is a sweaty man giving me life-isms from an existential perspective trying to connect it to my acute discomfort and pain. WE all know it was lost on Sweatney because her MO for that race was to pay Glenn back for making her do it, but even if it had been a normal human being blathering all of that at them? It wouldn't have been helpful RIGHT AT THAT MOMENT.

Me thinks she liked the male attention however

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Quote

And where are her PCOS, podiatrist, OB-GYN in all of this?

I'm sure they have all told her she needs to lose weight and she dismisses that. Hell - she might dismiss them and find other doctors who tread more lightly with that message. I'm not nearly as overweight as she is and I hear regularly from both my OB-GYN and my family practice nurse practitioner that I need to lose weight. They are professional and supportive but they are also crystal clear about what I need to do (lose weight) and how I need to do it (diet and exercise). And I wouldn't have it any other way (any other weigh? Hah! Pun intended).

I wonder if Whitney even does routine medical care and checkups. Or does she just pop into urgent care whenever she has a panic attack or a sprained toe or a blister or whatever? A lot of people skip the regular physicals, especially when they know they aren't going to like what they hear.

Quote

She could not live alone without all these damn enablers.

I wonder what actually would happen if they all stopped helping. Would she actually have to get better or would she just... have hairy legs and un-rubbed chub rub and walk around naked all the time except for flip flops?

Quote

Me thinks she liked the male attention however

From the stranger or from Daddy?

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

 

I wonder what actually would happen if they all stopped helping. Would she actually have to get better or would she just... have hairy legs and un-rubbed chub rub and walk around naked all the time except for flip flops?

For some reason I imagine her reaction being straight out of Ghostbusters. She’s the StayPuft marshmallow woman smashing down buildings until someone pays attention to her. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

EXACTLY THIS. ^^^^^
"Whitney, you're going to walk an 8k": NOOOOOOOO You said it was 5k! I have plantar fasciitis! My nether region is on FIRE! I'm totally dehydrated from the flight! My feet swole up on the flight, too! My ovaries are so heavy from my cysts THEY'RE GOING TO FALL OUT OF MY VAGINA!!!

"Hey, Whitney, you need to stop. That's it. I'm calling this off": NOOOOOoOOOoOOOOOoooo I am a WARRIOR and you're not going to make me stop! I dare you! /hurrrr gurrrr uuhhhhhh owwwww heeeeee eeeeeeee uuuuuuuhhhhh blubber blubber blubber

Honestly, she knew they couldn't physically stop her without seriously injuring themselves.

She's the most contrary person on reality TV, I swear to god.

LOLs for real!! First bold text I envisioned a Stay-Puft Marshmallow Whitney. Imagine her being CGd into Ghostbusters, stomping down New York with her Ugly Crying Face?

Second bold: Instead  of Mary Mary Quite Contrary, it's "Whitney Whitney Have a Big Fit-Ney". 

3 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

For some reason I imagine her reaction being straight out of Ghostbusters. She’s the StayPuft marshmallow woman smashing down buildings until someone pays attention to her. 

Dude. Same time frame, we came up with the same conclusion! Was typing as you posted. How weird is that?

Edited by TurtlePower · Reason: Weirdness explanation
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Yajmele said:

Okay, I just watched the Lisa episode of My 600 Lb Life, so, I’m watching back-to-back dumpster fires. 

I watched this with a re-run of 600 pounder Erica, so we're tied.
I'll just never get over her asking Todd to grease'er up, him agreeing to do it, and TLC filming it.
That is not something a decent person asks another person do, without a serious need of the help, for health reasons.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, LordOfLotion said:

 

I'm just trying to help people here; is that so wrong?? 

OK how about this... Bend a stick at an angle, and get one of those sets of cosmetic sponges that you pull apart, like those wedges. Except don't pull them apart, maybe take half the brick, put those on the end of the stick, and use that to put on chub rub cream. Those cosmetic wedges are pretty soft and they would get the job done.

I'm also thinking about a wall-mounted stick and some strategically placed mirrors. There has to be a better way.

That's why you are the Lord of Lotion ;)

 

5 hours ago, KateHearts said:

As for Todd, I don't get all the love for him. I thought his acting in the chub rub cream scene was totally over the top and fake. To me he's just an attention-whore who can't wait to say his lines and is riding on the coattails of this crappy show as long as he possibly can. 

I agree with everything you say about Todd - except that I do kind of love him :)

 

2 hours ago, MyBigFatFakeLife said:

After episodes like this I do wonder what’s happening in Whitney’s mind. Things were quirky and fun until season 3, and then all this humiliation began: she passed out after dancing, her family and friends throw her a funeral-intervention sort of thing (?), her ankles are too fat so she can’t wear ski footwear, she’s put on a scooter, she fails miserably at following her trainer’s instructions so he fires her. It was the “Whitney is shit” season for sure. Season 4 had less of that. And here we go again. Why would she put fat people in that position, she, all of people? Isn’t she always claiming fat people can do anything and “You wouldn’t say this if I were thin!” left and right? How does this work? I can only imagine TLC producers and Whitney reaching a sort of agreement, “We must have some conflict” and it bothers me when she sells her own morbid obesity in a way as the problem, just because of the name of the show. I guess you can’t hide the truth, Whitney does have health issues because of her obesity, but it makes me cringe how TLC uses it and Whitney allows it. During the first seasons we knew she was close to diabetes and that was an “honest” struggle, but yesterday’s episode is something I can’t even comprehend. If anybody has a clue? Is she so desperate for attention that she’d humillate herself for the whole world to see (and mock)? Is the money that good? How do her parents feel about a TV show portraying her daughter like a sick woman in denial? 

Her alternative is to admit she has a problem and do something about it.  Apparently that is the unthinkable.  And I think her parents are in denial too.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I guess all that wailing and sobbing and moaning was really the Cry of the Warrior.  Now we know.  Next time you want to have a Warrior Moment, remember to bring the tears.  Tears of the Warrior.

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

Nor would I humiliate myself by asking them, 

To me that was the most humiliating thing - her face saying to Todd "Please!"  But this whole episode was humiliating.  If she's half as embarrassed for herself as I was for her that might be a good thing.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, MissCurmudgeonly said:

...who don't know they're pregnant and are addicted to weird things like eating couch cushions.

while shopping for wedding gowns at Kleinfeld's.

 

1 hour ago, gigiann said:

STOP THE MADNESS!  I just can't anymore with this bullshit! Twitney is a fucking mess!  She could not live alone without all these damn enablers.  They help her put on her shoes, shave her, help her walk, get into the water, put on her damn cream.  She complains the whole time her problem with this walk is her feet.  Well bitch, if you would only admit the issue is your weight.  But she refuses to admit it.  And no one in the barnacle crew will tell her that.  They need to get real with her and tell her, the problem is not with her feet but it is caused by the 400lbs of mass and pressure she is putting on those feet, knees, back and her fucking chub rub.  If she has never backed down from a challenge and is such a "warrior" they why does she dismiss Will's challenge to eat better and lose weight?  And where are her PCOS, podiatrist, OB-GYN in all of this?  And Glenn needs to get off the trying to get Twit fit.  Her first obstacle to getting there is to lose weight.  PERIOD!!!!!  400 pounders are not fit because they are fat. PERIOD.  Not one of them ever tells her to lose weight and she would feel better if she lost it.  Just a bunch of enablers.  True friends and loved ones would be doing her a favor having an honest talk with her.  All the Twit coddling that went on in Hawaii was truly dysfunctional.  It's gotten pathetic!  Will she ever admit her health would be better if she worked on her weight?  I  guess if she did, that would be self fat shaming and God forbid!  

I can just hear Whitney screaming, "Thin people have plantar fasciitis too!"

Glenn has made multiple attempts to get Whitney to lose weight, most of them way too heavy-handed, in my opinion, but Lord knows, he's tried.

Will Powell made a real attempt to get Whitney to focus on her health and to be accountable for her eating and she ignored him and mocked him.

They held that stupid funeral intervention for her, where everyone (but Buddy) read letters telling her they didn't want her weight to kill her,  and she marched out in high dudgeon. Then they all scrambled to apologize to her for it.

Her therapist is one of those "your body will tell you what you need if you listen to it" fools who encourages her to avoid numerical goals.

Whitney is not going to change, and eventually all her arrogant and delusional attitudes towards her weight are going to catch up with her.  I'd say they already had, if she was even relatively normal in her perceptions, but I think it's going to take something life-threatening to break through her denial at the very least.  Not being able to stand and walk won't do it. Probably a stroke won't do it because she's seen her mother survive one without too much impairment. Full-blown diabetes? A heart attack? Liver cancer? I wonder how much life insurance TLC has on her, and how much it costs them?

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, SouthernCross said:

I went to the show FB page and *all comments for all the shows appear to have been eliminated.

They're there now, I just checked.
With all the 600 Lb talk, I realized that Penny, of "I can clean my own vagina now" fame, is a step ahead of Whit.
This show has jumped the whale.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Oh my. That was an epic display. 

Whitney. WHITNEY. If you can't put your own shoes or chub rub ointment on, THERE IS A PROBLEM. WHITNEY! There's nothing fabulous about this. I'm a fat girl. I have my husband lotion my back because it's awkward (impossible) to reach it all well. But the rest of me I lotion. I put on and tie my own shoes. I'm fat, I own it. But my god Whitney you're thisclose to being bed-bound. WAKE UP!

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, LordOfLotion said:

I'm just trying to help people here; is that so wrong?? 

Yikes, I just paid attention to your name/handle!  Are you Todd?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, auntjess said:

They're there now, I just checked.
With all the 600 Lb talk, I realized that Penny, of "I can clean my own vagina now" fame, is a step ahead of Whit.
This show has jumped the whale.

Yeah they have returned for me as well. Probably just a weird glitch.  

I’m still amazed that no one in the bunch has any balls. If I was the 3rd Thore child, I would have totally lost my shit once we were back in the hotel room.  

I seriously don’t how you go from THAT episode and proceed per usual yet the promos show the upcoming wacky antics of Mom and daughter next week, clipping the neighborhood trash cans while Whitney howls in amusement.  Is all that shit that went on just going to be ignored?  Are you kidding me?

WTF is wrong with these people?  Are they that desperate for TLC money?

Quite a few comments about Buddy being a dick but I pretty much see him doing what everyone should be doing...walking away.  Let her sort it out for herself. 

Yeah he sounds a bit of a douche with the rehab regurgitations but whatever it takes....walk away.

I haven’t watched this show in quite a while and this is what I’ve come back to.  My husband who never watches walked by the TV and said...wow...she’s a lot bigger than she used to be isn’t she.  Yep.   

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

while shopping for wedding gowns at Kleinfeld's.

 

I can just hear Whitney screaming, "Thin people have plantar fasciitis too!"

Glenn has made multiple attempts to get Whitney to lose weight, most of them way too heavy-handed, in my opinion, but Lord knows, he's tried.

Will Powell made a real attempt to get Whitney to focus on her health and to be accountable for her eating and she ignored him and mocked him.

They held that stupid funeral intervention for her, where everyone (but Buddy) read letters telling her they didn't want her weight to kill her,  and she marched out in high dudgeon. Then they all scrambled to apologize to her for it.

Her therapist is one of those "your body will tell you what you need if you listen to it" fools who encourages her to avoid numerical goals.

Whitney is not going to change, and eventually all her arrogant and delusional attitudes towards her weight are going to catch up with her.  I'd say they already had, if she was even relatively normal in her perceptions, but I think it's going to take something life-threatening to break through her denial at the very least.  Not being able to stand and walk won't do it. Probably a stroke won't do it because she's seen her mother survive one without too much impairment. Full-blown diabetes? A heart attack? Liver cancer? I wonder how much life insurance TLC has on her, and how much it costs them?

Pretty sure her feet were telling her she NEEDS to lose weight. 

2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

while shopping for wedding gowns at Kleinfeld's.

And then flipping houses with hubby. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

If Twit is actually seeing a therapist, either the therapist sucks or Twit isn't listening to a word of it. Any therapist worth their salt would tell her she's DEEPLY in denial and endangering her health.

55 minutes ago, SouthernCross said:

I seriously don’t how you go from THAT episode and proceed per usual yet the promos show the upcoming wacky antics of Mom and daughter next week, clipping the neighborhood trash cans while Whitney howls in amusement.  Is all that shit that went on just going to be ignored?  Are you kidding me?

I'm betting that's exactly what TLC will do next week. "Move along folks, there's nothing to see here." Let's all just pretend we didn't see that she can't even take care of her basic hygiene, and can't even go for a stroll in a park.

I'd love to see the truth, which is probably that she made everyone miserable and couldn't even get back to her own hotel room. Probably couldn't walk for several days. Bet it was a fun plane ride home, with Twit guilt-tripping her dad and pouting the whole way.

This freaking idiot has no shame...NO SHAME at all. When my Mom was dying in a nursing home, and she couldn't get out of bed anymore, if she needed the nurse for any hygiene stuff while we were visiting, she kicked us out of the room. She did not want even her own children seeing or hearing anything. Twitney presents her butt on TV and shows everyone how she can't even reach parts of her own body with a STICK, and asks a friend to do it for her. Braying about it the whole time, like it's hilarious and so fabulous. No shame.

Her silly little campaign shouldn't be called No Body Shame...it should just be called NO SHAME, period.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, LocalGovt said:

I will let you all  in on a little secret -- for the ULTIMATE back scratcher....buy a nylon (aka plastic) spaghetti spoon.  Now, don't ever use this for spaghetti...but keep it hidden in your bedroom, just for scratching your back.  I'm not kidding.  

Yes!! Except mine is metal and I bought a nylon one to replace it lol

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

A few years ago a friend talked me into doing a 5k Color Dash. For at least a month before my husband & I walked a 5k nearly every day, including the route itself. Come Dash Day, it was warmer than I was used to. Everyone was passing me. My husband not-so-helpfully told be how we were last, even being beat by little old ladies. I was so pissed! By the time we were near the finish line I was limping and crying. I walked across the finish line holding hands with my husband & friend. But dammit I did it. 

Of course it burned me out on walking and I quit going after that, but I finished. I waa about 30 lbs heavier than I am now. It was rough. But, at least I never had to switch to flip flops, and no chub rub ointment was in sight :-p

FB_IMG_1519897051097.jpg

Edited by Stripper Glitter · Reason: Add pic
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, auntjess said:

I watched this with a re-run of 600 pounder Erica, so we're tied.
I'll just never get over her asking Todd to grease'er up, him agreeing to do it, and TLC filming it.
That is not something a decent person asks another person do, without a serious need of the help, for health reasons.

Of all the strange things they've shown on this show, I found the scene with Todd disturbing. He was clearly uncomfortable and there was Whitney, ass in the air like it was perfectly normal for her to ask a friend to lube her up before her event. The fact that she cannot do this herself should be her rock bottom! What's next, they have to wipe her ass for her every time she goes to the toilet? She legit has no boundaries and does not seem to care that she can't do certain things. I feel like Todd--and everyone else around her--are being worn down and are tiring of her. 

And as others have mentioned, her touching people is equally disturbing. A man doing this would be in handcuffs, why is she allowed? I really wish someone being filmed would let her have it when she does her uninvited groping. And the sounds she makes when she does it, she's revolting. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, KateHearts said:

yes, but she wasn't, as she tried to portray, interested in completing the race because that was her goal. It was never her goal; she admitted she didn't want to run the stupid thing. Her goal, always and eternally, is to be the center of attention, AND to divert people's attention from the fact that she is fat, unhealthy, and heading towards an early grave by presenting a false picture of someone who, despite being "overweight," runs races, surfs, dances and is an overall warrior who can do anything.  

Yes, I think the diversion from her issues can be described as addict behavior as Buddy said. An addict will try to make everyone believe that they are just fine, they don't have a substance abuse problem because they can go about living a normal, functional life.  Whitney tries to convince everyone that her morbid obesity doesn't interfere with her life. It's plantar fasciitis, anyone can get that! She can surf! never mind that she's too heavy to be able to stand for even a few seconds.

Also, I think describing her skin issues as 'chub rub' is another bit of denial. I think to most people, chub rubs means irritation of the skin on your inner thighs from them rubbing together when you walk. It can happen even if you are not obese. That is not Whitney's issue. Her skin is irritated because it is trapped in folds of fat, gets sweaty, and never dries out because it's never exposed to air. 

Edited by absolutelyido
  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

I once had  a needy and inappropriate friend like Whitney, whom we called EV  (Energy Vampire) behind her back because she really exhausted us with all her constant demands for attention and high drama. Whitney's breakdown at the race reminded me of my ex-friend because she pulled something similar.

Other examples: Spending hours with each friend in our group analyzing and obsessing why her ex broke up with her; having a conversion on the phone and after hanging up she calls back later in the day wanting to talk more about the same subject; groping men at the bar while pretending to be drunk, groping her own self while dancing, asking men at the bar to smell her panties...

If any of you all have someone like this in your life, confront them about their behavior, and if they refuse to see any problem, cut them out of your life for good. Best decision I ever made.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

Or you could walk up to your significant other when they are deeply engrossed in live chatting My 600 lb life making scratching motions with your hands like Mr. Judgey does to me.  Grrrrr.

Didn't you say he switched the TV from 600 Lb. Life to Survivor?  Tell him to get his precious Jeff Probst to scratch his back.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

And as others have mentioned, her touching people is equally disturbing. A man doing this would be in handcuffs, why is she allowed? I really wish someone being filmed would let her have it when she does her uninvited groping. And the sounds she makes when she does it, she's revolting. 

Oh, she is just being fab-u-lous!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Just wanted to say welcome to @ZumbaTiger.  I'm an Anglophile, and will happily sit next to you and pull all the extra "u" letters from your words.  It would be a labour of love.

===============

Just got back from hauling my overweight (but not morbidly obese) 71-year-old body on a daily walk around the perimeter of our community (almost two miles in 45 minutes).  My brain has nothing else to do while walking, so I wonder about weird things.  

When I got home, I googled to find out Whitney's age:  33.

Then I googled "33-year-old celebrities."  Went from there to a page specifying "actresses" to make sure I was comparing the right gender.  Came up with a page full of ladies . . . many of whom I've never heard of (but I'm old).

  1. My first thought was:  It looks like pretty much every one of these women could do a 4-mile hike in less than 4 hours . . . even if they didn't "train" for it.
  2. My second thought:  Whitney isn't listed as a celebrity!!!!  How not-fabulous is that?
Edited by AZChristian · Reason: Additional thought.
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Wonder how long TLC will keep this show around?  Nothing lasts forever, and despite Whitney trying like hell to make her life interesting (and fabulous), the episodes are really dragging out every little thing.   Her commentary to the camera alone takes up maybe a third.  And with no show, I can't see her getting an actual job.  And you can see her 33 year old body starting to break down.  Seems like dad, then eventually inheritance, will be her means of support.   Fabulous.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

Wonder how long TLC will keep this show around?  Nothing lasts forever, and despite Whitney trying like hell to make her life interesting (and fabulous), the episodes are really dragging out every little thing.   Her commentary to the camera alone takes up maybe a third.  And with no show, I can't see her getting an actual job.  And you can see her 33 year old body starting to break down.  Seems like dad, then eventually inheritance, will be her means of support.   Fabulous.  

Not to mention that TLC needs to free up the hours for more shows about polygamists.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

Also, I think describing her skin issues as 'chub rub' is another bit of denial. I think to most people, chub rubs means irritation of the skin on your inner thighs from them rubbing together when you walk. It can happen even if you are not obese. That is not Whitney's issue. Her skin is irritated because it is trapped in folds of fat, gets sweaty, and never dries out because it's never exposed to air. 

I agree with you. I'm a distance runner, and I naturally carry extra fat in my thighs (as well as having large quads from running), and inner thigh chafing happens a lot with runners (also, nipples, inner arms, lower back, anywhere there's a clothing seam, etc). So Bodyglide is one of my best friends. THAT could charitably be called chub rub, although most of us just call it chafing. While I don't doubt she gets chub rub, you typically don't get it if you're wearing long, fitted leggings like she was in the "8K." Leggings are one solution to thigh chafing, so you're right--what she's got are folds that get irritated due to friction, sweat, bacteria that gets trapped, and dead skin. I'd be surprised if she doesn't get sores in her folds a la My 600 Lb Lifers.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

I agree with you. I'm a distance runner, and I naturally carry extra fat in my thighs (as well as having large quads from running), and inner thigh chafing happens a lot with runners (also, nipples, inner arms, lower back, anywhere there's a clothing seam, etc). So Bodyglide is one of my best friends. THAT could charitably be called chub rub, although most of us just call it chafing. While I don't doubt she gets chub rub, you typically don't get it if you're wearing long, fitted leggings like she was in the "8K." Leggings are one solution to thigh chafing, so you're right--what she's got are folds that get irritated due to friction, sweat, bacteria that gets trapped, and dead skin. I'd be surprised if she doesn't get sores in her folds a la My 600 Lb Lifers.

Thanks for explaining this. I was wondering about why she was getting chub rub in leggings since so many of the solutions for chub rub recommend wearing legging shorts or those stretchy band things around your thighs. It sounds like what she really has is dirty folds of skin that are being irritated by fold rubbing and by the folds being vacuum sealed against each other by the spandex. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I finally broke down and watched the walk.  Only one person came to a realization as a result of Twit's performance - Glenn.  He realized just how bad shape she's in.  I think he is horrified to see how close to being totally disabled she is, and is probably fearing that his future life will involve paying for her to have full-time care to do the basics of life.

A healthy, fabulous 33-year-old woman should be able to walk 4 miles.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:42 PM, ClareWalks said:

I really cannot wait for this. You'd think this sort of thing would wake Whitney up, would make her realize "wow, I can't do this thing that so many people can do without even thinking about it." But instead she seems to have truly convinced herself that being able to walk a few miles is a genuinely daunting task that only elite athletes can perform, and if she can finish it, she is one of them. As Bianca del Rio would say, "okay, Beyonce."

Maybe I am biased, but I am convinced that any able-bodied person can walk a half marathon if they have a bit of training and determination. Whitney consistently has neither. (Okay, she has determination to finish a race that she starts, only to save face, but she doesn't care enough to train.)

Are you saying that Whitney is "able-bodied" and should, therefore, be able to finish a 13 mile (or less) race?  A person Whitney's size, which I'm guessing is about 400 lbs., is not "able-bodied".  The only training that will help her is a long-term sensible eating program designed to take off weight slowly while simultaneously gradually increasing her physical activity.  I'm shocked that she didn't die on camera and that so many people around her are so clueless that they allowed (encouraged!!) her to do something so dangerous.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

 

This freaking idiot has no shame...NO SHAME at all. When my Mom was dying in a nursing home, and she couldn't get out of bed anymore, if she needed the nurse for any hygiene stuff while we were visiting, she kicked us out of the room. She did not want even her own children seeing or hearing anything. Twitney presents her butt on TV and shows everyone how she can't even reach parts of her own body with a STICK, and asks a friend to do it for her. Braying about it the whole time, like it's hilarious and so fabulous. No shame.

Her silly little campaign shouldn't be called No Body Shame...it should just be called NO SHAME, period.

I would have NOT allowed that to be filmed! How did she allow that scene to be filmed, with her big ass up in the air? OMG NO SHAME is right!

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, skippy said:

Are you saying that Whitney is "able-bodied" and should, therefore, be able to finish a 13 mile (or less) race?  A person Whitney's size, which I'm guessing is about 400 lbs., is not "able-bodied".

Nah, I was saying that if Whitney applied herself (with the training and the determination), she could do it. The training would result in weight loss if she took it seriously, but she really doesn't take any of these physical challenges nearly as seriously as she should.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I did turn off the episode because I couldn't listen to her moaning and complaining. I had second hand embarrassment for her. I wonder if all those people were paid to encourage Whitney on. I am with other people in that i don't think that she realizes that carrying that much weight around her probably causes all her joint/pain issues. 

On a shallow note that medic dude was really hot. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, tardistravler said:

I did turn off the episode because I couldn't listen to her moaning and complaining. I had second hand embarrassment for her. I wonder if all those people were paid to encourage Whitney on. I am with other people in that i don't think that she realizes that carrying that much weight around her probably causes all her joint/pain issues. 

On a shallow note that medic dude was really hot. 

He also seemed really appalled. ?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I think she realizes it. I mean how could she not? Her feet look small, how can they hold her up? They are being crushed. Her knees will go next. I saw that your knees take double the force so she has almost 800 pounds of weight on her knees.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:17 PM, Ketzel said:

When you can't reach your own ass with a rag on a stick, you have officially lost any claim to a "fabulous life."

Best. Post. Ever.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, AvoidinDaChubRub said:

I once had  a needy and inappropriate friend like Whitney, whom we called EV  (Energy Vampire) behind her back because she really exhausted us with all her constant demands for attention and high drama. Whitney's breakdown at the race reminded me of my ex-friend because she pulled something similar.

Other examples: Spending hours with each friend in our group analyzing and obsessing why her ex broke up with her; having a conversion on the phone and after hanging up she calls back later in the day wanting to talk more about the same subject; groping men at the bar while pretending to be drunk, groping her own self while dancing, asking men at the bar to smell her panties...

If any of you all have someone like this in your life, confront them about their behavior, and if they refuse to see any problem, cut them out of your life for good. Best decision I ever made.

I think you and some other posters here might enjoy the book Emotional Vampires by Albert J Bernstein, if you haven't checked it out already. It has some great chapters about histrionic types and how to deal with them and it's written in quite a humorous way. You will definately recognise your ex friend and Whitney in those pages!

One of the tips that book shares, by the way, is to use "psychological ju jitsu" on histronics when they ham it up hoping to get your sympathy (as Whitney did exaggerating both her real and made-up physical problems to guilt Glenn): you just ignore the histronic's display and carry on as normal, as you'd ignore a toddlers tantrum until the toddler realises their behaviour isn't getting the desired response. I wish Whitney's parents had tried doing that back when she actually was a toddler and maybe then she wouldn't have grown into the manipulative monster she is today!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Just wanted to say welcome to @ZumbaTiger.  I'm an Anglophile, and will happily sit next to you and pull all the extra "u" letters from your words.  It would be a labour of love.

 

Thanks for the welcome!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

This episode has convinced me that the entire series is just a running time-filler until someone can fit her in on Dr. Phil. I'd love to see those two go head to head. The depth and breadth of her fucked-uppedness is far too vast for 600lb Life; she'd never follow through with the commitment. After her Big Fat Fabulous Life goes belly-up (lulz), she needs to be asked hard questions in front of her favorite invention, the camera, with AWL EYEZ ON HER as she so enjoys, and be held fucking accountable for once.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Of all the strange things they've shown on this show, I found the scene with Todd disturbing. He was clearly uncomfortable and there was Whitney, ass in the air like it was perfectly normal for her to ask a friend to lube her up before her event. The fact that she cannot do this herself should be her rock bottom! What's next, they have to wipe her ass for her every time she goes to the toilet? She legit has no boundaries and does not seem to care that she can't do certain things. I feel like Todd--and everyone else around her--are being worn down and are tiring of her. 

 

Without question, Whitney has no concept of boundaries. Many people don't have appropriate boundaries, and often it may not be their fault, for example if you are raised in a dysfunctional home and your family members didn't have boundaries either, and you grew up thinking their behaviour was normal. And actually I think most people could do with tweaking their boundaries from time to time to prevent people from taking advantage of our kindness or trust. For example when I was younger I used to be a loss less discerning about the people I picked as friends and romantic partners, and so I learned my lessons the hard way!

What bothers me the most about Whitney though, and what absolutely sickened me about that scene the most, was that in a situation where most normal people would be embarrassed, she APPEARED TO BE ENJOYING TODD'S DISCOMFORT- his revulsion appeared to give her extra pleasure, and that was so warped! She KNOWS she's busting his boundaries and grossing him out and I think it gave her a thrill. It's similar to how she gets a perverse pleasure out of smelling things that most people would find disgusting (I am a serious cat lover, but I do not enjoy cat breath!)

Speaking of cats, if I remember clearly, in the episode where she got that poor little curly haired kitten as a surprise present for Babs, Whitney lifted the cat to her mouth to smell his breath and when the cat meowed uncomfortably, Whitney said something like "Oh, listen to his little protest!" She knew the kitten wasn't enjoying it and yet she carried on. It really pisses me off seeing the way she treats her cats! Real cat lovers don't treat cats like they are dress up baby dolls- we admire cats because they are dignified animals and you need to earn their trust!

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Of all the strange things they've shown on this show, I found the scene with Todd disturbing. He was clearly uncomfortable and there was Whitney, ass in the air like it was perfectly normal for her to ask a friend to lube her up before her event. The fact that she cannot do this herself should be her rock bottom! What's next, they have to wipe her ass for her every time she goes to the toilet? She legit has no boundaries and does not seem to care that she can't do certain things. I feel like Todd--and everyone else around her--are being worn down and are tiring of her. 

 

I think Whit is just so involved in her addiction that he lost all sense of normal. Kind of like when an alcoholic reaches for a shot as the first drink of the day.When you are so horribly entrenched in addiction you really allow a lot of weird shit to become normal. The addicted mind will do A LOT of things to normalize/rationalize dangerous behavior.

Also, I am pretty sure she cannot wipe herself at her size. Her mobility is severely compromised with her extra weight. I just can't imagine what her wake up call will be. 

My cousin who is in his mid 30s who is not NEARLY has overweight as Whitney, but still obese, had a major heart attack at 35 ( tho our family does have bad genes for that). That was his wake up call. Her good fortune with her health is going to run out very soon, there is a reason you do not see old majorly obese people 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Awesome, MegD...keep it up!!!

I'm sensing from the replies that people have had different 'aha' moments that were their turning point.  Whit has surpassed those many times over, and still hasn't come to her senses.  I'm wondering if she's being figuratively handcuffed by her "No BS" mantra, and feels like "I can't go back on it now and admit that there really is no such thing as healthy at any weight." 

She has a multi-season TV show on a pretty big cable network that banks on her being fat.  She’s created a campaign about body-shaming, and has a following based on those. She’s making bank from being the fat circus freak (or letting TLC portray her that way).  

 

If she feels like she has no choice but to stick to this bullshit mantra, then she’s fucked. She won’t be able to take the money with her when she shuffles off this mortal coil.  What sucks is that she’s going to leave her friends, parents, and brother with nothing but regrets of what they could have done differently to help her, and the memory of what it’s like to bury their daughter, sister, and friend.  Very few things in this world that are worse than seeing a parent have to bury their child. 

 

TLC will move on to their new cash cow. 

Edited by Yajmele
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, ZumbaTiger said:

Without question, Whitney has no concept of boundaries. Many people don't have appropriate boundaries, and often it may not be their fault, for example if you are raised in a dysfunctional home and your family members didn't have boundaries either, and you grew up thinking their behaviour was normal. And actually I think most people could do with tweaking their boundaries from time to time to prevent people from taking advantage of our kindness or trust. For example when I was younger I used to be a loss less discerning about the people I picked as friends and romantic partners, and so I learned my lessons the hard way!

What bothers me the most about Whitney though, and what absolutely sickened me about that scene the most, was that in a situation where most normal people would be embarrassed, she APPEARED TO BE ENJOYING TODD'S DISCOMFORT- his revulsion appeared to give her extra pleasure, and that was so warped! She KNOWS she's busting his boundaries and grossing him out and I think it gave her a thrill. It's similar to how she gets a perverse pleasure out of smelling things that most people would find disgusting (I am a serious cat lover, but I do not enjoy cat breath!)

Speaking of cats, if I remember clearly, in the episode where she got that poor little curly haired kitten as a surprise present for Babs, Whitney lifted the cat to her mouth to smell his breath and when the cat meowed uncomfortably, Whitney said something like "Oh, listen to his little protest!" She knew the kitten wasn't enjoying it and yet she carried on. It really pisses me off seeing the way she treats her cats! Real cat lovers don't treat cats like they are dress up baby dolls- we admire cats because they are dignified animals and you need to earn their trust!

What irritates me the most is how disrespectful and condescending and rude (and boundary-crossing) she is to her parents, all while she gets upset if they ever question her choices. 

2 minutes ago, Yajmele said:

She has a multi-season TV show on a pretty big cable network that banks on her being fat.  She’s created a campaign about body-shaming, and has a following based on those. She’s making bank from being the fat circus freak (or letting TLC portray her that way).  

 

If she feels like she has no choice but to stick to this bullshit mantra, then she’s fucked. She won’t be able to take the money with her when she shuffles off this mortal coil.  What sucks is that she’s going to leave her friends, parents, and brother with nothing but regrets of what they could have done differently to help her, and the memory of what it’s like to bury their daughter, sister, and friend.  Very few things in this world that are worse than seeing a parent have to bury their child. 

 

TLC will move on to their new cash cow. 

Most likely it'll be a fat polygamist. Maybe one of the sister wives can have a spinoff fat show. (I get royalties since I suggested it.)

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, goodbyeglittergirl said:

 

I was looking forward to THAT show. 1 in 10 women has PCOS. Unfortunately, that is not the show we got.

If anyone needs further proof that this is all a farce, look at the end credits. Whitney has a Producer credit. She’s complicit in this bullshit.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Yajmele said:

Whitney has a Producer credit. She’s complicit in this bullshit.

Not necessarily. It's often an empty credit the agent negotiates for x$/episode. I have a consultant credit for such on a show based on something I wrote, a show that never asks me anything -- I'm definitely not operating as a consultant, just a passive-income glutton. I have zero input on that show. This is standard; and remember the agent gets 10 percent of any (additional) dough so with a show dependent on the main character, the agent has 'em over a barrel and I'm sure there's plenty to go around, plus at least in my case, the contract stipulates that I am credited onscreen. I doubt she has much say...she just doesn't have the intellect to figure this stuff out (haha neither do I...)

Edited by Maricopa
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

I'm wondering if she's being figuratively handcuffed by her "No BS" mantra, and feels like "I can't go back on it now and admit that there really is no such thing as healthy at any weight."

This is what I don't get about Whitney - it's not like there are only two choices: 1) love your body, don't want to change it, not ashamed; 2) hate your body, want to change it, shame. There is a whole spectrum of choice in between the extremes.  She could love her body and not be ashamed of it and still want to lose weight so she could feel better and do more. 

And frankly there is no "healthy at any weight." It's just not true. Last night's episode of My 600 Pound Life should put that story to rest forever.

Quote

Tears of the Warrior

I hear that's a magic balm to cure Chub Rub.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

This is what I don't get about Whitney - it's not like there are only two choices: 1) love your body, don't want to change it, not ashamed; 2) hate your body, want to change it, shame. There is a whole spectrum of choice in between the extremes.  She could love her body and not be ashamed of it and still want to lose weight so she could feel better and do more. 

Amen. I am vain as hell (a self-proclaimed butterface) but there are still things about my body and fitness that I want to improve. It doesn't have to be this big dramatic Shame with a capital S that Whitney claims it is.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size