Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: One K at a Time

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

I can't stand where this show has gone. They take her increasingly endangered health, immobility and hysteria over literally everything and somehow twist it into how great she is and how admirable her life is.

I don't know. I don't think anyone watching this really thinks her life is fabulous. No way does anyone think that being so fat that you are unable to APPLY CREAM TO YOUR OWN LEG=fabulous. 

(Sorry, that scene with Todd and his gagging was just...I finished watching 15 minutes ago and I'm still rooted to the couch in horror.)

• Love 11
1 hour ago, goodbyeglittergirl said:

The continued snark specifically targeted against panic attacks here saddens me. I get your doubt, but this sort of thing is what leads doctors to say things to anxiety sufferers like, "everybody has problems - you need to suck it up." Which is a for real quote from when I had a panic attack and was in the ER. Anxiety is a for real, actual thing, and something that you have no control over. I had a panic attack in the middle of a luau in Hawaii myself - there was NO REASON for that to happen - but it did. We eventually figured out that my panic attacks were linked to hormone issues, which also could be happening to Whitney. Once you've starting having panic attacks, the fear of having a panic attack is enough to trigger another one sometimes. It's terrible. On this front, I really feel for her. 

ANYWAY

I am interested to see what we see next week WRT post-8K activities in Hawaii. I would imagine her feet were SHOT after this and made anything other than a short walk downstairs in the hotel impossible. I did a 5K 2 weeks after I tore my PF (I was in a boot) because it was for our school and I promised my kids I'd do it with them and it was A MISTAKE. I took a boatload of ibuprofen beforehand and still had to take a leftover Percocet later because I was hurting SO badly. I hope she is seeing a doctor for that mess and not just treating it on her own with ice and stuff. 

It was nice of hip surgery girl and military dude to give her some words of encouragement.

Buddy becomes less likable every week. I hope Heather, if she had not already gotten the memo, watches these episodes and sees very clearly that she's better off without him. 

I snarked on Whitney about this but I completely know that panic attacks and anxiety are real. My daughter suffers daily with both. That’s actually why I snarked in Whitney. It’s just another thing she’s making up to garner attention and sympathy and to deflect from the real issue that she’s a 33 year old woman who is so fat she can’t walk 3 or 4 miles. This is a pattern with Whit. When there is something she can’t or doesn’t want to do she suddenly has whatever condition she happened to google. It makes me angry for those who really suffer from anxiety issues. 

Now maybe this time she was telling the truth. If so, I hope she gets help for her anxiety. But if she’s telling the truth then someone needs to read her The Boy Who Cried Wolf. 

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, SouthernCross said:

I went to the show FB page and *all comments for all the shows appear to have been eliminated.

I'm on Chrome and everything is still there. When I try to load on Explorer it looks like everything is gone. It could be your browser.

• Love 2

I must have a sick sense of humor as I found the scene with the threesome of Whitney, Todd, and the ointment hilarious.  The whole thing was so over the top that I just laughed and laughed.   There is nothing real about this show anymore when something like this is shown on camera.   I love Todd..and think he should have his own show.  He was wonderful in this episode..from the faces he was making during the big ointment scene to his little dance around Whiney...I mean Whitney..when he passed her on the run.   He is a comedy star in the making!

As for Whitney, this episode just proves she will do anything for a buck. To humiliate yourself by all the grunting and groaning and then practically crawling along on highway curbing goes beyond any semblance of normal behavior.   Tragically sad in my opinion. 

Edited by Swiss
  • Love 11

I don't know how this is going to look, but I figured out based on the various landmarks in the show where exactly Whit was at the significant portions of the "run," so you can get a sense of what kind of ground she was covering. 

IMG_0353.jpg

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Maricopa said:

I'd guess they cut expenses by having the friends only stay a few days and scheduling the shoots around that.

I dunno, the friends arrived with them and the race was at the end of their stay in Hawaii.  I don't imagine Whitney did one more thing until she had to somehow get on that airplane to leave. The rest of her visit must have been room service and crying and wailing on her bed.

I've never done a race, but I thought one in Hawaii would include beautiful landscape.  That looked like a very plain, flat park they walked around with parking lots and lots of asphalt.  True, it was on the water, but it just didn't have the scenery I expected.

• Love 7
Just now, LordOfLotion said:

I'm on Chrome and everything is still there. When I try to load on Explorer it looks like everything is gone. It could be your browser.

I’m on an IPad. Her page is clear of comments as well.   When I check another random page, comments are still there. Last night was so over the top...I wouldn’t be surprised if there are repercussions behind the scenes. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, SouthernCross said:

I’m on an IPad. Her page is clear of comments as well.   When I check another random page, comments are still there. Last night was so over the top...I wouldn’t be surprised if there are repercussions behind the scenes. 

Everything is loading for me, even in Explorer. I don't think they've restricted anything.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

I dunno, the friends arrived with them and the race was at the end of their stay in Hawaii. 

Actually, I think Twit, Donna, parents & possibly Hunter stayed a few extra days, probably on Glenn's dime, not TLC's.

When Twit was FBing about the trip last year, she included a photo of Tal & commented that it was too bad he had to leave early. She also had videos of her & others in a beach cabana & of a ATV ride thru a wildlife preserve. No barnacles (except caretaker Donna) were present.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, SleepyAndClumsy said:

Was anyone else hoping she would pull a Steven Assanti when she was in that golf cart at the end? ... just me?!

If you mean flop out of it so that someone has to call 911 to get her ass up, yeah that would have been great

• Love 9
2 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

I understand what Buddy was trying to say. He was NOT saying Whit was addicted to exercise. He was saying her behavior in that moment was like an drugs addict's obsession. You KNOW it's bad and unhealthy, yet you insist on doing it. You KNOW it's hurting you! But you MUST do it. You know it's annoying everyone around you, yet you don't care, you are just obsessed with getting what you want. All she saw was "I must finish this race" even though it is destroying my body and upsetting my family and friends just like "I must get a drug fix" even though I can't afford it, it is destroying my health, I've lost everything, I've alienated everyone.

yes, but she wasn't, as she tried to portray, interested in completing the race because that was her goal. It was never her goal; she admitted she didn't want to run the stupid thing. Her goal, always and eternally, is to be the center of attention, AND to divert people's attention from the fact that she is fat, unhealthy, and heading towards an early grave by presenting a false picture of someone who, despite being "overweight," runs races, surfs, dances and is an overall warrior who can do anything.  

• Love 15
14 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

yes, but she wasn't, as she tried to portray, interested in completing the race because that was her goal. It was never her goal; she admitted she didn't want to run the stupid thing. Her goal, always and eternally, is to be the center of attention, AND to divert people's attention from the fact that she is fat, unhealthy, and heading towards an early grave by presenting a false picture of someone who, despite being "overweight," runs races, surfs, dances and is an overall warrior who can do anything.  

Yeah and if she was trying to divert attention from the fact that she is fat as a house, it had the opposite effect. The more I think about it, punishing her parents for making her do it was also her goal. She wanted to show them how much pain they caused her by forcing her to do this. This is why she would not stop even though her dad was begging her to. You wanted me to do it, dad? Okay I'll do it, I'll be out here for 3 hours in the heat torturing you and you will be sorry you made me do this! And it seemed to have worked, as her mom felt bad and her dad felt like they "pushed her too hard" and they both felt guilty. What a little BIG pc of shit she is. 

Edited by calpurnia99
  • Love 20

I know she eventually did get up and do the 8K, but before that,when she just flat out stated she wasn't doing it, and then whined about how "2 other people" at the table didn't have those conditions put on their trip, blah, blah, blah....it made me so angry. It really told what a whiner she is.  You made a promise, but think nothing of trying to back out of it....

And I can't stand the way she was oogling those poor island men, and caressing them.  And hanging on them. And squeeling like a pig. 

And, am I wrong? She actually seemed secretly happy that Buddy said it was "over" between him and Heather. Not that I think Whitney wants Buddy for herself, she's just happy there's another girl out there without a man, just like her.  

• Love 9
18 hours ago, LordOfLotion said:

I think it would have worked if she had bent it at an angle and maybe tied a rubber glove around it so that it wouldn't absorb all the product.

(shudder..........)

When the show goes of the air, I wonder how Whitney will support herself?  Her parents I guess.  Sad. 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, LordOfLotion said:

I think it would have worked if she had bent it at an angle and maybe tied a rubber glove around it so that it wouldn't absorb all the product.

2 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

(shudder..........)

I'm just trying to help people here; is that so wrong?? 

OK how about this... Bend a stick at an angle, and get one of those sets of cosmetic sponges that you pull apart, like those wedges. Except don't pull them apart, maybe take half the brick, put those on the end of the stick, and use that to put on chub rub cream. Those cosmetic wedges are pretty soft and they would get the job done.

I'm also thinking about a wall-mounted stick and some strategically placed mirrors. There has to be a better way.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

I snarked on Whitney about this but I completely know that panic attacks and anxiety are real. My daughter suffers daily with both. That’s actually why I snarked in Whitney. It’s just another thing she’s making up to garner attention and sympathy and to deflect from the real issue that she’s a 33 year old woman who is so fat she can’t walk 3 or 4 miles. This is a pattern with Whit. When there is something she can’t or doesn’t want to do she suddenly has whatever condition she happened to google. It makes me angry for those who really suffer from anxiety issues. 

Now maybe this time she was telling the truth. If so, I hope she gets help for her anxiety. But if she’s telling the truth then someone needs to read her The Boy Who Cried Wolf. 

I have them, too, and PTSD. She pisses me off when she's over-dramatic and let's not forget her panic attack when she saw Todd leading "her" dance class. Whenever something is out of her control, if she's challenged, pressured, slighted or her poor lil' feelings are hurt, bring on the panic attack excuses. "Don't pressure me I'll have a panic attack!" I get that, but I just don't believe her because she's faked so many other things. 

She already IS the Boy Who Cried Wolf.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, KateHearts said:

This episode in a nutshell:  Whitney thinks of every excuse she can to avoid "running in a race." ... She has chub rub. She has PCOS. She has sore feet (NOT because she's fat.) She has panic attacks and her damned DAD is forcing her to do something that is peaking her anxiety and making her upset, pissed, and "bamboozled."  She starts the "race" off badly. She whines, she complains, and her behavior devolves into downright blubbering, wailing, screaming and staggering around.  BUT...

She won't stop! She's that determined! She is so athletic! She's a warrior! She WILL NOT QUIT!!   And as Dad and others (including strangers who probably just want to get on TV) drag her (literally) across the finish line, her family and friends CHEER and clap for the courageous Whitney!  Isn't she great? What a trouper!

EXACTLY THIS. ^^^^^
"Whitney, you're going to walk an 8k": NOOOOOOOO You said it was 5k! I have plantar fasciitis! My nether region is on FIRE! I'm totally dehydrated from the flight! My feet swole up on the flight, too! My ovaries are so heavy from my cysts THEY'RE GOING TO FALL OUT OF MY VAGINA!!!

"Hey, Whitney, you need to stop. That's it. I'm calling this off": NOOOOOoOOOoOOOOOoooo I am a WARRIOR and you're not going to make me stop! I dare you! /hurrrr gurrrr uuhhhhhh owwwww heeeeee eeeeeeee uuuuuuuhhhhh blubber blubber blubber

Honestly, she knew they couldn't physically stop her without seriously injuring themselves.

She's the most contrary person on reality TV, I swear to god.

• Love 14

So basically Whitney is so obese and unhealthy and unfit that she can’t walk - not run - an 8k with rest included. It must be so painful for her parents to watch her daughter walk like that to the finish line when she’s done this to herself. I agree with Buddy 100%. Stop treating her like that! She’s not a child! “oh, I felt angry that we encouraged her”, says Babs, “Let’s go!”, says the toddler. This episode reminds me of Season 3 Whitney (which is real Whitney) 

She must be getting paid a lot of money for this.

ETA: People are congratulating her on her Instagram for finishing the race. I can’t. 

Edited by MyBigFatFakeLife
  • Love 9

Yes. I'm sorry but you don't get to claim you "never back away from a challenge" when you back away from the challenge of living a healthy, normal life on a DAILY BASIS.

She only likes big, public demonstrations of "heroism." She can't do the daily grind when there isn't constant praise and adulation. 

That scene with Todd was re.pul.sive.

Try it from Todd's perspective.

I recommended sleeve surgery on her instagram (i had it done) she blocked me off her site...

That is truly pathetic. Why not open a dialogue about how different things work for different people or what her reasons are for not considering it or for considering it and rejecting it. Taking her toys and going home is an immature response.

Buddy has the right to leave and not say anything, but it's a crappy thing to do if he wants to remain friends. Heather, however, really needs to mature and either find a way to discuss it or cut him out of her social circle. If he refuses to talk then you need to let him go and stop obsessing

He broke up with her. How many more times does he have to do that for her (and everyone else) to understand that he doesn't want to date Heather? What else does he need to say?

That doesn't look like something that's readily available at a hotel, unless she dismantled the drapery or something to use the rods to fashion. I agree with you - it's a metal rod that she wrapped gauze or toilet paper on in order to apply the cream; it looked like the gauze/TP was taped onto the end. It's frightening to think that she's most likely actually packed it in her luggage in order to bring it on vacation. One step closer to My 600-lb Life territory. 

I think I have actually seen something like this (sponge-on-a-stick) for sale - for applying lotion  or self-tanner to your back. I'm not obese but there is a part of my back that I can't reach easily and definitely not easily enough to apply even coats of self-tanner. Perhaps Whitney purloined one for chub-rub application?

Todd's payback for "stealing" BGDC

OMG - YES! Whitney's revenge. I'd say they are more than even now.

Can you imagine being Todd and hanging around for 2 hours while you wait for someone to finish a 4 mile walk.

Maybe he went out to breakfast and then came back? Or went out to breakfast, went back to the hotel, had a nap and a shower, read the paper, got a mani-pedi and flirted with a cabana boy, then came back?

• Love 19
3 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

I don't know. I don't think anyone watching this really thinks her life is fabulous. No way does anyone think that being so fat that you are unable to APPLY CREAM TO YOUR OWN LEG=fabulous. 

(Sorry, that scene with Todd and his gagging was just...I finished watching 15 minutes ago and I'm still rooted to the couch in horror.)

I didn't mean that we are supposed to think her life is fabulous. I think she- and her friends and TLC- want to think they are CONVINCING us she is fabulous.

As for Todd, I don't get all the love for him. I thought his acting in the chub rub cream scene was totally over the top and fake. To me he's just an attention-whore who can't wait to say his lines and is riding on the coattails of this crappy show as long as he possibly can. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

I didn't mean that we are supposed to think her life is fabulous. I think she- and her friends and TLC- want to think they are CONVINCING us she is fabulous.

As for Todd, I don't get all the love for him. I thought his acting in the chub rub cream scene was totally over the top and fake. To me he's just an attention-whore who can't wait to say his lines and is riding on the coattails of this crappy show as long as he possibly can. 

Sorry I misunderstood, KateHearts.

If TLC execs think they're convincing us that Whitney's life is fabulous, than they are delusional as Whitney. Nobody looked at that rag-on-a-stick and thought, "Sign me up for that! Fabulous!"

• Love 5

Lots of comments about an "Army guy." Can one of you who don't have Dish explain how you know he was in the Army? Surely he wasn't in uniform running 4 miles in the heat?

And was he the one who dragged her to the finish? Along with Glenn? Anyone else?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

One K at a Time Recap! We open with Whit and Glenn "running" on the beach, and Whitney claims she is having anxiety about "having anxiety." "I don't like to do things if I can't do them, Daddy! I like to know that I'm competent if I'm going to do things!" SINCE fuckin' WHEN?!? Whit claims she has never been one to back down from a challenge (except eating reasonable portions), so she will try her best. They go swim with dolphins and Whit makes fun of Babs' "slow brain" for not getting that they will swim with dolphins. Yes, make fun of your mom's brain after she just had a fucking stroke, holy fuck (prepare yourselves, gang, I will probably say FUCK a lot in this recap. We're all grown folks here). The dolphin is very cute and they all lovingly feel the dolphin. Naturally Whitney asks to smell the dolphin's breath, because she is fucking disgusting and has no (body) shame. Babs kisses the dolphin and they all make bizarre bestiality jokes and I glance around quickly but can't find any bleach to drink.

Meanwhile in Greensboro, Ashley and Heather are walking children in nature (tm Tammie Brown, google it if you don't know). Heather is still pining for Buddy, because what woman wouldn't want an obese alcoholic cokehead with sleep apnea who can't pay his rent? She cannot imagine finding another man like Buddy. LOLOL. Back on the beach, Whitney looks like a human thumb and sinks into the sand because she weighs (Tal + Todd) x Buddy. Tal and Buddy give her great advice on staying mindful and present during the race. Buddy will stay with her because he "loves slow walking," to which Whitney brays "WHO SAYS I'LL BE SLOW, BITCH?!" Physicists? Casual observers? Helen Keller? Sadly, Buddy confirms that he will be moving back in with Whitney after rehab. Insert GIF of Julia Roberts saying "big mistake. HUGE."

Buddy will not be getting back together with Heather, and Whitney decides it's her job to tell Heather that. No, Whitney. You do not have a job here. Clearly. We see everyone's morning race preparation. Todd seems well prepared for the run, but he may not be prepared for Whitney to apply her fucking chub-rub cream to her taint because she cannot reach it. Todd is NOT OKAY WITH THIS, but of course he does it, even though any sane person would say "FUCK THIS" and run out the room. If nothing else, this whole episode may make Todd EVEN GAYER. Whitney is so satisfied by this whole incident, laying there with her ass up in the air and her horrified friend rubbing lotion into her crack and I truly cannot believe Whitney feels no humiliation about this (although I definitely have noticed that she has not been encouraging "thoughts on this episode" on her FB page, instead posting several videos in the last week of her at the gym, probably to make us forget how shitty this race will go). 

They travel to the race start and Whitney claims in TH that she's "in the zone" although she really looks like she's trying not to puke from nerves. She is being quiet, though, so that's a plus. She has her dad put on her blister bandaids and socks because she is too fuckin' fat to reach her feet. She looks HORRIFIED. Oh god, here we go.

In the first 100 yards of the race, Whitney starts yelling at her friends and family to leave her alone and go ahead of her, and her feet already hurt. Four-year-olds are passing her quickly. 20 minutes in and Whitney is getting lapped by Todd. So it's a 2-loop course, loops that Whitney describes as "huge." We are 47 minutes in and Whitney is dying and realizing she still has half the race left to go. A woman that Whitney probably wants to murder (because she's thin) congratulates Whitney for being out there. At 1:15 Whitney is in the middle of a grassy field for some reason and she is sobbing. Glenn: "We've just passed the 5K mark!" Whitney: "WE'VE ONLY DONE 5K?!?! WAAAAH WHAT IF I CAN'T MAKE IT BACK?!" She claims her arches are killing her and they're a "20 out of 10." An army dude comes and encourages her and Whitney is so exhausted she doesn't even ask to smell his breath.

So Whitney made it to 5K in about 1:20, so this last 0.9 miles will take her about the same amount of time. Buddy is trying to talk her out of finishing and he sounds just like my mother did when I walked the Green Bay Marathon without training for it and had to limp at a Whitney pace from mile 23 on. Whitney stops and gets a foot rub and is sobbing and screaming and refusing to quit and Buddy is comparing her behavior to addiction. She is addicted to attention and that's it. What pisses me the fuck off about Whitney in this race is that she is being dramatic and hysterical and screaming about how much pain she's in, and at the same time she is like "NO I'M GOING TO FINISH." She's like a toddler who needs a nap but refuses to take one. At 1:53 the chyron claims she has walked 4.4 miles and WE ALL KNOW THAT'S FUCKING BULLSHIT, SHOW. Whitney is now walking down the road in socks. Oh wait, now she has shoes on. Oh wait, now she's taking off her shoes and putting flip flops on. I cannot express enough how ridiculous this is. She is crying hysterically and is "shocked" that her dad told her to stop doing the race. She wants to prove to herself that she can finish. We see that she now has her feet wrapped (probably by the medic) and she is slowly going sideways and I just want to give her one good "get a fucking HOLD of yourself" slap across the face.

Whit sobbingly THs that she has a "warrior spirit" and she will not stop until she finishes. Get. Over. Yourself. I wasn't even this dramatic when I did the Cincinnati Marathon in the pouring rain post-breakup without a dime of training for it. Buddy goes ahead and reports to the rest of the barnacles that Whitney is "not okay" and he couldn't stand to watch the frustrating situation unfold. All you idiots are complicit in everything frustrating about Whitney, so fuck you, Buddy. All of a sudden the sun is blotted out of the sky and Whitney's huge carcass appears on the horizon like a big fat fabulous zombie. She is being helped on both sides and finds the strength to run (I am laughing, sorry, guys). Buddy is so over this shit and I don't blame him even though he is part of the problem. Whitney seems utterly humiliated, to her credit, but this is such an attention-seeking scheme that I take nothing but pleasure in it. Everyone feels so guilty that they made her run this 8K and you know Whitney will milk this for however many years of life she has left.

Insert Stepbrothers gif. “Did we just become best friends?!”

• Love 3

If I had a friend who weighed as much as Whitney and she told me her dad wanted her to commit to “running” an 8k, I’d do some research  to discover any new life insurance policies on her or any changes in the value of any existing ones. 

• Love 7

Todd often gets on my nerves but his “I see what you’re saying, but you’re not seeing what I’m seeing” when applying lotion to Whitney’s chubrub is possibly the greatest thing uttered in this show.  I hope TLC gave him a bonus.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 16
13 minutes ago, Dot said:

Lots of comments about an "Army guy." Can one of you who don't have Dish explain how you know he was in the Army? Surely he wasn't in uniform running 4 miles in the heat?

And was he the one who dragged her to the finish? Along with Glenn? Anyone else?

He was just another participant in the race.  He stopped to give encouragement to Whitney during one of her meltdowns.  I don’t remember if his shirt said something about the army or if he said he was in the army.  What he said was really nice, it’s a shame he wasted it all on her.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Dot said:

Yep he mentioned being in the Army :) I'm sure Al Qaeda has nothing on Whit.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't have Dish, but why would Dish people know and the rest of us don't? I'm pretty sure he said "I was/am in the Army."

You read this wrong: It's becuz I & several others have Dish that we didn't get to watch this episode. Dish dropped TLC from its basic pkg last week.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, LordOfLotion said:

Now, now, who among us hasn't used a ruler as a back scratcher? Haven't we all used a stick for self care at one time or another?

I will let you all  in on a little secret -- for the ULTIMATE back scratcher....buy a nylon (aka plastic) spaghetti spoon.  Now, don't ever use this for spaghetti...but keep it hidden in your bedroom, just for scratching your back.  I'm not kidding.  

• Love 8

You read this wrong: It's becuz I & several others have Dish that we didn't get to watch this episode. Dish dropped TLC from its basic pkg last week.

Ohhhh - sorry!

I don't think so. I think Army guy had a white shirt. The guy who helped Glenn drag Whitney across the finish line had a green shirt. I think he was some sort of medic affiliated with the race as he showed up when Whitney was sitting/sobbing/crying/applying bandages to her feet, etc...

• Love 5

I'm horrified to report that I own a flowered Lands End bikini that looks just like Twit's. Of course I weigh 250 or so pounds less than her at the same height. But I still don't think I can wear it again without imagining myself as Droopy Diaper Whit. 

I watched My 600 Pound Life "Lisa" episode right after this. Lisa's daughter washed out her various creases with a rag.  It was like a slightly worse version of the Todd Cream Application scene. 

• Love 6

Watching the Lisa 600 Lb life episode again.  Oy vey.  Very similar howling, yelling, crying hysterics as Whitney during that 8K.   Both very dramatic.  Both in total denial regarding their weight.  Not that I wish it on her, but when do you think Whitney will start to develop lymphedema?     

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Ravenna said:

I’ll say this again: Todd makes the show bearable. His facial expressions, funny, catty quips, and dance flourishes give me life! 

As for Twitney: that girl can really lay it on thick. The guilt, (poor Glenn), the hysterics, and the heavy gasps and sobs. She’s not only resembles a tubby toddler, but she acts like one too. Her parents keep falling for it. She’s 33, not 3. Buddy was the only one keeping it real. I would have found a big pink soother at the Dollar Tree , and shoved it into her mouth. Act like a baby, I’ll treat you like one. 

Glenn will never live this down. He will be paying for this for a long time. Whit will make him change his will so she inherits it all because he forced her to walk the great 8 k coconut race.  Unless she changes her victim attitude she will get fatter. Her parents see. her as fragile and disabled, rather than lazy, and entitled...it isn’t going to help her. She needs in your face -Dr Now, no bs straight talk to wake her the fuck up. 

One last observation: Twit’s lack of embarrassment and shame over being too fat to apply her own chub rub cream, and then expecting  a friend to reach into the dark, dank flab folds to do it just sums up the problem with her. She loves being catered too and using her fatness to make people feel obliged to do things for her. When they agree to do it, it allows her  to  continue to push the boundaries of the relationship. In due time, they’ll be cleaning bed sores, and wiping her ass. 

I was trying to send similar message you hit on all fronts. I am really pissed that she used Glenn so horribly, then she is going to try and say she is always trying to please him, but cannot. I think he is easily pleased, when he sees loved ones taking care of themselves and others. Watching her BS is not pleasing. 

Babs is a Big Enabler...She and Heather can go to Al anon together.

Yes, Todd is an absolute delight. She was SUCH an ASS about the dance class...even if it's not "real." She is so insanely Jealous of not being the Big Bully and in he spotlight, she would be BEYOND if Todd gets his own show. (oh, how happy would I be?) HA!

• Love 9

I just watched an episode of Fixer Upper. The home owner was a marine who lost one of his legs in Afghanistan. He was in there doing the demolition right beside everyone else. You’d never know he has a prosthetic leg. Whitney is a piece of shit who should take look at people like this man to see what an inspirational, warrior spirit really is. 

• Love 11

I gave up on Todd when he unhesitatingly used used the "c" word to describe Kerryn Feehan (the truth-telling comedian) to her face at the season 3 (?) finale.  It just came so easily to his lips. Naturally the rest of the crew, including Famous Feminist Whitney Thore had no objection, and in fact, looked quite smug and supportive of him.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

Yeah and if she was trying to divert attention from the fact that she is fat as a house, it had the opposite effect. The more I think about it, punishing her parents for making her do it was also her goal. She wanted to show them how much pain they caused her by forcing her to do this. This is why she would not stop even though her dad was begging her to. You wanted me to do it, dad? Okay I'll do it, I'll be out here for 3 hours in the heat torturing you and you will be sorry you made me do this! And it seemed to have worked, as her mom felt bad and her dad felt like they "pushed her too hard" and they both felt guilty. What a little BIG pc of shit she is. 

Dont you wish that Glenn had said, "Ok, you have a choice.   QUIT right now, or quit belly-aching.  Choose.

I'm going to walk ahead if you want to keep hurting yourself more and keep walking. Good luck. Bye Felicia. 

(I ll send a golf cart back. I'm not heartless,  just spineless.) Love you.

• Love 9
20 hours ago, Tosia said:

What worked best for you for pain?   A cortisone shot did nothing.  Thanks.  

I actually went to my university's pain center. I got a cortisone shot, which helped tremendously, and was put on Gabapentin, tramadol, and something else. I just looked in my online chart, but I don't see my meds from that far back. It was a lot of pain meds, and if I sat still too long, I'd get a little sleepy, but I was in so much pain that basically they just addressed the pain and I didn't feel high or sleepy usually.  I was a professor at the time, teaching 3hr classes, and had to sit a lot. I also used a cane, per doc's orders.  I was in my late 50's when this happened.  What really sucked was that my gait was affected and I got tendinitis first in one leg, and then in the other.  I take 900 units of gabapentin now, 300 at work to stave off pain in the early evening, and 600 at night - but this is for neuropathy, not hip pain.

To make a really weak effort at bringing this back on topic - I don't know how these people make it when they say they wake up with pain and are in pain all day - just from their weight. They moan and groan, but don't stop eating so they can lose a little weight and not stress their joints, etc. so much.

• Love 3
On 2/27/2018 at 8:38 PM, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

Side bar.  How many polygamy shows does TLC need?

I want a mashup of TLC shows, fat polygamists who are also little people here on a 90-day visa, afflicted by bizarre ailments.

• Love 18
(edited)

After episodes like this I do wonder what’s happening in Whitney’s mind. Things were quirky and fun until season 3, and then all this humiliation began: she passed out after dancing, her family and friends throw her a funeral-intervention sort of thing (?), her ankles are too fat so she can’t wear ski footwear, she’s put on a scooter, she fails miserably at following her trainer’s instructions so he fires her. It was the “Whitney is shit” season for sure. Season 4 had less of that. And here we go again. Why would she put fat people in that position, she, all of people? Isn’t she always claiming fat people can do anything and “You wouldn’t say this if I were thin!” left and right? How does this work? I can only imagine TLC producers and Whitney reaching a sort of agreement, “We must have some conflict” and it bothers me when she sells her own morbid obesity in a way as the problem, just because of the name of the show. I guess you can’t hide the truth, Whitney does have health issues because of her obesity, but it makes me cringe how TLC uses it and Whitney allows it. During the first seasons we knew she was close to diabetes and that was an “honest” struggle, but yesterday’s episode is something I can’t even comprehend. If anybody has a clue? Is she so desperate for attention that she’d humillate herself for the whole world to see (and mock)? Is the money that good? How do her parents feel about a TV show portraying her daughter like a sick woman in denial? 

Edited by MyBigFatFakeLife
  • Love 8

STOP THE MADNESS!  I just can't anymore with this bullshit! Twitney is a fucking mess!  She could not live alone without all these damn enablers.  They help her put on her shoes, shave her, help her walk, get into the water, put on her damn cream.  She complains the whole time her problem with this walk is her feet.  Well bitch, if you would only admit the issue is your weight.  But she refuses to admit it.  And no one in the barnacle crew will tell her that.  They need to get real with her and tell her, the problem is not with her feet but it is caused by the 400lbs of mass and pressure she is putting on those feet, knees, back and her fucking chub rub.  If she has never backed down from a challenge and is such a "warrior" they why does she dismiss Will's challenge to eat better and lose weight?  And where are her PCOS, podiatrist, OB-GYN in all of this?  And Glenn needs to get off the trying to get Twit fit.  Her first obstacle to getting there is to lose weight.  PERIOD!!!!!  400 pounders are not fit because they are fat. PERIOD.  Not one of them ever tells her to lose weight and she would feel better if she lost it.  Just a bunch of enablers.  True friends and loved ones would be doing her a favor having an honest talk with her.  All the Twit coddling that went on in Hawaii was truly dysfunctional.  It's gotten pathetic!  Will she ever admit her health would be better if she worked on her weight?  I  guess if she did, that would be self fat shaming and God forbid!  

• Love 15
44 minutes ago, auntjess said:

I want a mashup of TLC shows, fat polygamists who are also little people here on a 90-day visa, afflicted by bizarre ailments.

...who don't know they're pregnant and are addicted to weird things like eating couch cushions.

• Love 8