Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: One K at a Time

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Kid said:

What is relevant here is that she can’t reach her ass! 

So at the risk of regurgitating my breakfast, how exactly does this rag stick work? It seems like toilet paper wouldn’t work well since the stick might rip it. So if it’s a real rag where does one put the rag after use if you aren’t at home?!?!?  

2 minutes ago, Kid said:

And one day, he will be reaching in  those folds to pull out maggots.

There goes my breakfast. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, PityFree said:

I can’t tell if she rigged it up herself or if she bought it. It was like a silver metal pole with a white sponge or something taped onto the end.

That doesn't look like something that's readily available at a hotel, unless she dismantled the drapery or something to use the rods to fashion. I agree with you - it's a metal rod that she wrapped gauze or toilet paper on in order to apply the cream; it looked like the gauze/TP was taped onto the end. It's frightening to think that she's most likely actually packed it in her luggage in order to bring it on vacation. One step closer to My 600-lb Life territory. 

• Love 10

Freaking Dish TV! Of course they pulled TLC last night right before the fun began. Although, I was LMAO at the comments you all made.

Todd applies chub-rub cream? Whitney runs (attempts) to run an 8K in flip flops? Has a breakdown during said race? Blames her performance on a potential

"snapped achilles tendon? Is whiny and an overall brat to all involved? I've GOT to see the drama, dammit, even though some things sound like the "same shit, different day". 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, WillowG said:

Army John got his 15 minutes,...coz hims caaaruured.

That guy weirded me out the more he talked. It was like "OH LOOK A CAMERA CREW AND A MORBIDLY OBESE LADY" and he made a beeline to her. If I were in pain and panting and moaning, the last thing I'd want is a sweaty man giving me life-isms from an existential perspective trying to connect it to my acute discomfort and pain. WE all know it was lost on Sweatney because her MO for that race was to pay Glenn back for making her do it, but even if it had been a normal human being blathering all of that at them? It wouldn't have been helpful RIGHT AT THAT MOMENT.

Edited by lightninggirl
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, JDAlexander said:

I pictured her as that great Indian Warrior, Waddling Bear Bare.

Sorry - I'm a spelling nut.  Can't stand a misspelled word.  LOL.

I tried to watch last night, I really did.  I think I made it about 2 minutes . . . the scene where they were swimming with dolphins and Twitney wanted to smell the dolphin's breath.  The look on her face was, "I am going to have the equivalent of sex right here in front of  my parents and family!!!"

I then realized that if I couldn't stand her when she was happy, I wasn't going to be able to handle her screaming and crying during the race (although I would have LOVED to see Todd's spin in front of her as he passed her by).

We switched over to The Frankenstein Chronicles on Netflix.  

• Love 9

Then you missed the lotion scene.  Not fair!  All of us are blinded now, LOL.

I was very worried towards the end of the program that they might continue the last moments of the "race" to next week.  Whew!

• Love 9
11 hours ago, PityFree said:

I can’t tell if she rigged it up herself or if she bought it. It was like a silver metal pole with a white sponge or something taped onto the end.

Haven't been able to see the episode yet (thank you Dish TV), but yeah, having to use a rag on a stick should be a damn wake up call. FWIW, when we're assessing toileting needs (yes this is a real area that we address), we call them "toileting or personal hygiene aids". There are different types: the ones that allow wash rags and wipes to be attached and the tongs (which remind a little too much of my BBQ tongs) among others. We used to see some home made devices too. One that stands out to me is a yard stick with a man's plastic urinal attached to the end. Gentlemen, if you can't reach your junk, it's time to reassess what your life has become. Unfortunately, some folks needed the equipment for reasons that weren't related to morbid obesity and were absolutely mortified with this situation. But I've worked with more than a few "Whitney types" who seemed pretty casual about the topic. Suffice to say, this was not one of my favorite patient ed. topics. 

• Love 11

Getting past the issues with the fact that Sweatney had to use a stick (that didn't even REACH) to apply the chub rub cream, I'm really aghast that Todd applied it with his bare hands. And getting past the issues with Todd having to reach into her creases - places that TLC had to blur out - then if she had chub rub, he'd be rubbing her broken skin and directly onto a RASH (google it if you haven't seen it - it's not pretty). With his bare hands. Into her rashy crevices. He's obviously being compped somehow because who the hell would do that without being paid even WITH gloves on? What a nightmare.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

Getting past the issues with the fact that Sweatney had to use a stick (that didn't even REACH) to apply the chub rub cream, I'm really aghast that Todd applied it with his bare hands. And getting past the issues with Todd having to reach into her creases - places that TLC had to blur out - then if she had chub rub, he'd be rubbing her broken skin and directly onto a RASH (google it if you haven't seen it - it's not pretty). With his bare hands. Into her rashy crevices. He's obviously being compped somehow because who the hell would do that without being paid even WITH gloves on? What a nightmare.

My husband walked into the room while I was reading this and asked me if I was ok. He said I looked like I was going to be sick. He wasn’t wrong ?

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Teddybear said:

I kind of loved that little spin Todd did right in front of Whitney when he passed her on the race, making it look like a cakewalk while she was beet red, gasping for breath.

Todd is my spirit animal. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Brooks said:

Then you missed the lotion scene.  Not fair!  All of us are blinded now, LOL.

She is willing to humiliate herself on national TV with that scene! I can't believe just how low she will go. Why wouldn't she call her mother to help her with that? We have seen Babs help Shitney clean herself before while she was rolling around on her bed at home. This sick womanchild has no self respect at all! 

• Love 11

What a shitshow that was. I mean, I watched the whole thing in righteous, appalled horror, but a shitshow it remained.

My favorite part was the car ride to the 8k, with Todd, Buddy, the girl I can't remember, and Tal all joking not-very-subtly about how bad it was going to be. They knew perfectly well the shenanigans Whitney was capable of, and were steeling themselves for it.

The 8k itself was a multi-hour punishment to Glen for "making" her do this thing. It was also insurance against him EVER asking her to do something like that in the future. Also, note how her screaming and "I can't do this!" was never ever ever ever related to being in piss poor shape/being overweight. No, it was her FEEEEEET. If her feet hadn't been hurting, she could have done it. Mmmhmm, sure. It's all part of her attempt to control the narrative--her life doesn't suck as a consequence of her bad choices but because of a million things 'out of her control' which flare up and then are never mentioned again. 

I have a pinched nerve in my foot, right below the toes. Sometimes walking is literally agony. I went to the podiatrist and he gave me special arch supports that hurt even worse. You know what? I still stinkin' walk. I don't scream with every step (though sometimes I feel like it). I do complain to my husband sometimes, because he, you know, cares. But not to anyone else because they, you know, DON'T CARE.

• Love 19

So what's on deck for next week? Sweatney can't enjoy the rest of the trip because her tendons broke? 

3 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

What a shitshow that was. I mean, I watched the whole thing in righteous, appalled horror, but a shitshow it remained.

My favorite part was the car ride to the 8k, with Todd, Buddy, the girl I can't remember, and Tal all joking not-very-subtly about how bad it was going to be. They knew perfectly well the shenanigans Whitney was capable of, and were steeling themselves for it.

The 8k itself was a multi-hour punishment to Glen for "making" her do this thing. It was also insurance against him EVER asking her to do something like that in the future. Also, note how her screaming and "I can't do this!" was never ever ever ever related to being in piss poor shape/being overweight. No, it was her FEEEEEET. If her feet hadn't been hurting, she could have done it. Mmmhmm, sure. It's all part of her attempt to control the narrative--her life doesn't suck as a consequence of her bad choices but because of a million things 'out of her control' which flare up and then are never mentioned again. 

I have a pinched nerve in my foot, right below the toes. Sometimes walking is literally agony. I went to the podiatrist and he gave me special arch supports that hurt even worse. You know what? I still stinkin' walk. I don't scream with every step (though sometimes I feel like it). I do complain to my husband sometimes, because he, you know, cares. But not to anyone else because they, you know, DON'T CARE.

I want the next episode to show the whole gang at a luau insisting that she tell them WHY her feet are a problem. Make her say out loud that her weight has crippled her. Then they can take the poi and the pig away from her and refuse to give her anything but veggies. Muahaha

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, AUJulia said:

So what's on deck for next week? Sweatney can't enjoy the rest of the trip because her tendons broke? 

Some kind of slapstick sitcom nonsense about Babs getting clearance to drive again and brushing up against a trash can with the rear view mirror while Witless screams in mock terror. Now that Witless has been shown to be a reeing idiot, someone else has to take the role so that the audience will forget, forget....

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

She is willing to humiliate herself on national TV with that scene! I can't believe just how low she will go. Why wouldn't she call her mother to help her with that? We have seen Babs help Shitney clean herself before while she was rolling around on her bed at home. This sick womanchild has no self respect at all! 

She could've used these. If they came in super jumbo. 

image.png

Also, wut? 

image.png

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

If she can turn her ass up in the air to be rubbed with chafing cream then it will be a smooth transition to the obligatory naked shower seen on 600LB Life.  Living  without humiliation will be old hat to her.  

• Love 14

If Whitney has issues with shoes to the point that she hardly wears them why on earth doesn’t she just accept that instead of jamming herself into tennis shoes for a 5 mile walk. Why not at least get something like Birkenstocks. I have a pair of Birkenstock sandals (much to my husband’s chagrin) and I have walked miles and miles in them. Certainly that would have been better than the plastic flip flop she put on after she abandoned her shoes. 

• Love 14

This was so unbelievably stupid. If she agreed to do a 5k, she should have just done the 5k and called it a day. She did not train properly for a 5k, so an 8k was really too much for her. 

It's fine to have goals and to want to finish what you start, but there are also times when it is best to realize your limits and move on. Races 10k and under are supposed to be fun. Often it is a charity event, so even if you don't finish the race, it goes to a good cause. It's one thing to challenge yourself, but it is quite another to attempt something way beyond your physical capabilities and be a whiny asshole about it. I feel bad for Todd, Donna, Tal, and anyone there who had to witness this shitfest. Todd ran awesomely (and he trained properly! running 8 miles several times a week made this easy for him), and I loved it when he lapped Whitney at about the 25-minute mark of the race and gave that twirl. This could have been such a fun day for him, Tal, and Donna, but instead they have to deal with an indifferent Hunter, a pissed off Buddy, Whitney's upset parents, and idiot baby Whitney.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, AnnaBaptist said:

This was so unbelievably stupid. If she agreed to do a 5k, she should have just done the 5k and called it a day. She did not train properly for a 5k, so an 8k was really too much for her. 

It's fine to have goals and to want to finish what you start, but there are also times when it is best to realize your limits and move on. Races 10k and under are supposed to be fun. Often it is a charity event, so even if you don't finish the race, it goes to a good cause. It's one thing to challenge yourself, but it is quite another to attempt something way beyond your physical capabilities and be a whiny asshole about it. I feel bad for Todd, Donna, Tal, and anyone there who had to witness this shitfest. Todd ran awesomely (and he trained properly! running 8 miles several times a week made this easy for him), and I loved it when he lapped Whitney at about the 25-minute mark of the race and gave that twirl. This could have been such a fun day for him, Tal, and Donna, but instead they have to deal with an indifferent Hunter, a pissed off Buddy, Whitney's upset parents, and idiot baby Whitney.

Eh I can’t feel that bad for them.  They got a free trip to Hawaii and it’s not as if they don’t know that Whitney is an asshole.  They pretty much knew what they were signing up for.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

Wait.  Her feet were hurting her???  Huh.  I never would have guessed.  I mean she hardly even mentioned being in any discomfort...

You need to work on your body language reading skills. Sheesh. 

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, AnnaBaptist said:

I don't disagree with you but I think they had fun despite her showing her ass. Todd has given up on pandering to Whitney and just lives his own life while snarking balefully at her when she whines at him. His twirling and prancing give me life--he makes me want to get up and dance myself.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, winsomeone said:

Donna is her live in care giver or helper at home, and shares the suite with her on the trip. Where in the world was this woman at, at 5:30 in the morning I wonder? Whitney is just a nasty person in so many areas.

It was in the script for Todd to do it.  Maybe Todd gets paid more, maybe the producers thought it would be funnier.  Somehow Todd was picked for the scene and agreed to do it.  Todd is the most interesting character on the show.

Did you notice how the friends were in one car and the family in another?  And the friends weren't included in all the scenes?  I bet Hunter was wishing he could hang with the friend gang rather than his family and his obnoxious sister.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, AnnaBaptist said:

Again, she didn’t even walk 8k. The route was shortened according to other participants who really were expecting an 8 k. She probably did a 5k at best. If that. 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

Eh I can’t feel that bad for them.  They got a free trip to Hawaii and it’s not as if they don’t know that Whitney is an asshole.  They pretty much knew what they were signing up for.

Oh, ok, good to know. I have never watched this show before. I was interested in this episode because I am a runner and I saw the commercial. :)

• Love 3
1 minute ago, AnnaBaptist said:

Oh, ok, good to know. I have never watched this show before. I was interested in this episode because I am a runner and I saw the commercial. :)

It’s all good.  I’m a runner too and this episode was an embarrassment.  I might throw something at my tv next week if someone says “Whitney ran an 8K race” one more time.  No she did not.  She barely managed to finish a 4 mile walk.

• Love 9

I understand what Buddy was trying to say. He was NOT saying Whit was addicted to exercise. He was saying her behavior in that moment was like an drugs addict's obsession. You KNOW it's bad and unhealthy, yet you insist on doing it. You KNOW it's hurting you! But you MUST do it. You know it's annoying everyone around you, yet you don't care, you are just obsessed with getting what you want. All she saw was "I must finish this race" even though it is destroying my body and upsetting my family and friends just like "I must get a drug fix" even though I can't afford it, it is destroying my health, I've lost everything, I've alienated everyone. If he did help her to reach her stupid unhealthy obsession then he was enabling her. This is what pissed him off and what he meant by "addicts behavior" is an unhealthy obsession for no reason that is destroying you but you won't quit.   I am going to give him a pass. I think he is looking at Whit in a new light and is done with her. 

I also can relate to painful feet and trying to finish a race through massive foot pain- I was a long distance inline skater. If you went 80 miles and there are only 7 left, even though your foot is in so much pain, and your foot is about to fall off, I would finish that race. But I trained for that and it was quite an accomplishment to finish. But it's not the same thing at all as walking a 5K AT ALL!  I bring it up to say that know what painful feet are and she should have stopped for godsakes. I also have terrible foot issues and my friend took us to Mt Ranier this summer, she is a hiker and wanted me to hike. I had on sneakers that I had just walked all over Rome, Italy in, and they were comfortable for walking so I though I would be okay. This "baby hike" (she was calling it) we did was 4.2 miles up Dege Peak and out and back.  The way out is a gradual upward climb, At the end of 2 miles you walk up a very steep peak for the view. I was in great cardio shape from riding my bike over 100 miles a week, so that was not the problem, but I have foot issues. On the way back, it was downhill and my toes started pressing into the front of the shoes. My toenails were being very hurt and sore like the shoes were too small. I was in a lot of pain the last half mile and could not wait to get those shoes off! It really was excruciating.  I had to go very slow.  It is interesting that these shoes for me were fine on flat paved ground in Rome, but walking down a mountain was another story. I have since bought larger sneakers. Now Whitney was doing this 4 mile walk on flat paved ground, so I don't understand why her feet hurt so much, except 300 extra pounds of fat pushing on them!

Also 2 hours and 34 minutes to walk 4 miles? Isn't a brisk walking pace about 4mph and our normal walking around pace about 2.5 miles per hour? She did this is at 1.5 mph which is way slower than a normal walking pace? WTF? Clarewalks is that about right? When people go out for their "power walk" exercise it is around 4mph?  1 mile in 15 minutes? Lard help us all. 

Edited by calpurnia99
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Did you notice how the friends were in one car and the family in another? 

I'd guess they cut expenses by having the friends only stay a few days and scheduling the shoots around that.

The dolphin scene was ridiculous. This is some "big surprise?" Packing for her and whisking her off to the airport for a mystery would be a great surprise, but going on some hackneyed tourist event she obviously already knew about ("thay'ut's a shaaaaaaaaark..."). And then having Twit act like Babs is slow and stupid...how insulting and ungrateful. God's sake, Elsie, your mom had a stroke (if she really did), she has every night to be slow. And the hysteria about going down the steps into the pool...if you just fall face first into a pool and can swim, really, you're gonna survive. 

They've exhausted every fake story line I can imagine, but I think because it's such a train wreck we love to watch, I bet they can squeeze one more season out. I seriously wonder if Twit is consciously gaining to "graduate" to 600 lb Life as she sees this show waning. I would so love to be a fly on the wall of Dr. Now's TV room...you KNOW he's watching. I'm 145 lbs 5'6 (heavier than I'd like) and I get foot problems wearing flat sandals. Feet aren't designed for that stress.

The foot thing was ludicrous. Shoes come in ALL KINDS of widths, she could certainly find some. And the histrionics! I mean really. I also assume the good samaritan was a hired extra...I'm going to put a Google alert on casting for the show, assuming there's an upcoming season. I realize it's all story lines, but that Glenn keeps trying to get her to exercise is ridiculous. It obviously doesn't work.

Glenn currently works as a Corporate Manufacturing Manager at Millennium Print Group, a general commercial printer in Morrisville. That is quite a commute from Greensboro (my bro used to live there); I-40 is jammed at rush hours, 70 miles; it would take 90 mins each way at best. I wonder if there's some skeleton in HIS closet (obviously not Twit lol) so that he's reduced to taking a job that far away. 

Does anyone know if Buddy is the father to Heather's kids?

9 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

Lard help us all. 

OMFG you are a genius.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

Also 2 hours and 34 minutes to walk 4 miles? Isn't a brisk walking pace about 4mph and our normal walking around pace about 2.5 miles per hour? She did this is at 1.5 mph which is way slower than a normal walking pace? WTF? Clarewalks is that about right? When people go out for their "power walk" exercise it is around 4mph?  1 mile in 15 minutes? Lard help us all. 

I don't know that most people go quite that fast.  4 MPH is bordering on jogging.  I do 4 MPH on the treadmill and it's pretty brisk and I probably wouldn't sustain that speed if the belt wasn't forcing me to.  I would bet that most healthy walkers were doing 3 to 3.5.  And of course, the 1.5 MPH speed is an average brought down by lots of stopping.  When she was moving she was probably going around 2 to 2.5.  If her actual walking speed were actually 1.5 MPH. then with the stops, her finish time would have been longer.

• Love 1

I can't stand where this show has gone. They take her increasingly endangered health, immobility and hysteria over literally everything and somehow twist it into how great she is and how admirable her life is.

This episode in a nutshell:  Whitney thinks of every excuse she can to avoid "running in a race." (that needed quotes. It was a jog/stroll around a giant park with a bunch of people on a beautiful day in Hawaii).  She has chub rub. She has PCOS. She has sore feet (NOT because she's fat.) She has panic attacks and her damned DAD is forcing her to do something that is peaking her anxiety and making her upset, pissed, and "bamboozled."  She starts the "race" off badly. She whines, she complains, and her behavior devolves into downright blubbering, wailing, screaming and staggering around.  BUT...

She won't stop! She's that determined! She is so athletic! She's a warrior! She WILL NOT QUIT!!   And as Dad and others (including strangers who probably just want to get on TV) drag her (literally) across the finish line, her family and friends CHEER and clap for the courageous Whitney!  Isn't she great? What a trouper!

• Love 18

The continued snark specifically targeted against panic attacks here saddens me. I get your doubt, but this sort of thing is what leads doctors to say things to anxiety sufferers like, "everybody has problems - you need to suck it up." Which is a for real quote from when I had a panic attack and was in the ER. Anxiety is a for real, actual thing, and something that you have no control over. I had a panic attack in the middle of a luau in Hawaii myself - there was NO REASON for that to happen - but it did. We eventually figured out that my panic attacks were linked to hormone issues, which also could be happening to Whitney. Once you've starting having panic attacks, the fear of having a panic attack is enough to trigger another one sometimes. It's terrible. On this front, I really feel for her. 

ANYWAY

I am interested to see what we see next week WRT post-8K activities in Hawaii. I would imagine her feet were SHOT after this and made anything other than a short walk downstairs in the hotel impossible. I did a 5K 2 weeks after I tore my PF (I was in a boot) because it was for our school and I promised my kids I'd do it with them and it was A MISTAKE. I took a boatload of ibuprofen beforehand and still had to take a leftover Percocet later because I was hurting SO badly. I hope she is seeing a doctor for that mess and not just treating it on her own with ice and stuff. 

It was nice of hip surgery girl and military dude to give her some words of encouragement.

Buddy becomes less likable every week. I hope Heather, if she had not already gotten the memo, watches these episodes and sees very clearly that she's better off without him. 

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

I can't stand where this show has gone. They take her increasingly endangered health, immobility and hysteria over literally everything and somehow twist it into how great she is and how admirable her life is.

This episode in a nutshell:  Whitney thinks of every excuse she can to avoid "running in a race." (that needed quotes. It was a jog/stroll around a giant park with a bunch of people on a beautiful day in Hawaii).  She has chub rub. She has PCOS. She has sore feet (NOT because she's fat.) She has panic attacks and her damned DAD is forcing her to do something that is peaking her anxiety and making her upset, pissed, and "bamboozled."  She starts the "race" off badly. She whines, she complains, and her behavior devolves into downright blubbering, wailing, screaming and staggering around.  BUT...

She won't stop! She's that determined! She is so athletic! She's a warrior! She WILL NOT QUIT!!   And as Dad and others (including strangers who probably just want to get on TV) drag her (literally) across the finish line, her family and friends CHEER and clap for the courageous Whitney!  Isn't she great? What a trouper!

Very well said. When she talks about her feet being the problem, WHY are her feet so bad? What made them this way at age 33? Plantar fasciitis can be from having flat feet but at her age she should have been able to do a few stretches and modifications, nightsplint, proper footwear and anti-inflammatory etc and fix the issue. She should have already seen a podiatrist if this is an ongoing problem.  But she never mentions anything she is doing to correct her "bad feet" because her feet are not bad because of flat feet- they are bad because she is morbidly obese.  You can't fix the pain from 300 pounds pressing down on them. Her feet look so small compared to her- how they are holding her up, I don't know. I feel sorry for them that this is their job! It's not fair to her little feet.  It's the elephant in the room. She made a real spectacle of herself in Hawaii. 

• Love 12
52 minutes ago, Maricopa said:

Does anyone know if Buddy is the father to Heather's kids?

I'm pretty sure the father is Heather's ex-husband.

2 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Donna is her live in care giver or helper at home, and shares the suite with her on the trip. Where in the world was this woman at, at 5:30 in the morning I wonder?

Maybe Donna was downstairs eating breakfast, because you know, most people eat food before 9PM. (just not Whitney)

I got some serious, serious blisters doing a 10K Turkey Trot. It was very hilly, and I had to remove my shoes the second I crossed the finish line (in 52 minutes, thankyouverymuch!), my socks were covered in blood, and I had to wear flip flops for several days (in November). I didn't cry at all. I cried less than Whitney did in this episode when I broke my wrist.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, goodbyeglittergirl said:

The continued snark specifically targeted against panic attacks here saddens me. I get your doubt, but this sort of thing is what leads doctors to say things to anxiety sufferers like, "everybody has problems - you need to suck it up." Which is a for real quote from when I had a panic attack and was in the ER. Anxiety is a for real, actual thing, and something that you have no control over. I had a panic attack in the middle of a luau in Hawaii myself - there was NO REASON for that to happen - but it did. We eventually figured out that my panic attacks were linked to hormone issues, which also could be happening to Whitney. Once you've starting having panic attacks, the fear of having a panic attack is enough to trigger another one sometimes. It's terrible. On this front, I really feel for her. 

ANYWAY

I am interested to see what we see next week WRT post-8K activities in Hawaii. I would imagine her feet were SHOT after this and made anything other than a short walk downstairs in the hotel impossible. I did a 5K 2 weeks after I tore my PF (I was in a boot) because it was for our school and I promised my kids I'd do it with them and it was A MISTAKE. I took a boatload of ibuprofen beforehand and still had to take a leftover Percocet later because I was hurting SO badly. I hope she is seeing a doctor for that mess and not just treating it on her own with ice and stuff. 

It was nice of hip surgery girl and military dude to give her some words of encouragement.

Buddy becomes less likable every week. I hope Heather, if she had not already gotten the memo, watches these episodes and sees very clearly that she's better off without him. 

First of all, I’m sorry that you suffer from anxiety and panic attacks.

Secondly, when a person portrays themself as a self-centered, histrionic, attention whore, as Whitney has; no one is going to believe you.  She is the girl who cried wolf, PCOS, plantar fasciitis, sprained toe, chub rub and now, panic attacks.

I have no doubt that her foot will be magically healed until she needs it to guilt trip her parents or get out of doing something physical.

I also just realized that their group reminds me of my friends and me in high school.  They act like a bunch of 15 year olds with all their relationship “drama.”  

• Love 18
1 hour ago, calpurnia99 said:

You are correct! I would say a fairly normal walking pace (casual) is about 20 min/mile. Whitney's 38-minute miles are about twice as slow as a casual stroll. A good brisk walk for someone Whitney's height might be 15-16 min/miles. If I am well-trained I can do 13-min/mile for a half marathon, probably about 12 minutes for an 8K distance. 

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, goodbyeglittergirl said:

ANYWAY

Sweatney has a good reason to panic: her narrative is unraveling. 

• Love 10

I hope Whitney watches this episode at some point, and she finally realizes that none of what she is enduring is fabulous. She was panting and sobbing at the idea of WALKING five miles. She actually ADMITTED she had never, in her life, walked five miles at one time. Not even when she was an elite athlete in high school? Never even during the height of her "dance career"? And she doesn't think that's rather SAD? 

And is there a reason why she has absolutely no concern for the discomfort she causes her friends and family? Buddy so clearly did NOT want to discuss the Heather situation, and she just kept plowing on, seemingly oblivious to how he actually felt. She KNEW that none of her loved ones would want to rub cream into her ass, so she lured them to her room under false pretenses, and then completely ignored the fact that Todd looked close to vomiting. How can she have no understanding whatsoever of other people's feelings? Her lack of self-awareness is astounding.

• Love 16

She wanted to make her parents feel GUILTY for making her do this! I just rewatched. Her purpose was to SHOW THEM that she had bad feet and they should NEVER had put her through this. Her mother fell for it by saying "I started to think we should not have put whitney through this" and the dad said something similar. She was getting her revenge on them: I told them I had painful feet and they didn't believe me! I'll show them! That is why she didn't stop. It was worth her pain so they could see her pain to prove her point. Like the little brat that she is. 

It's just humorous watching her come into the finish line whimpering and crying when you compare this to athletes who are in a lot of pain finishing an Ironman triathlon after 15 hours of racing and they are dying of pain-but have trained and have a goal-are not nearly as hysterical.  And she walked 4 miles? 

If this doesn't get her to see that being FAT sucks, I don't know what will!

I also remembered how everything is "the most pain she has ever been in in her entire life" - remember when her ankles were too fat to fit in the biggest rental ski boots? Wasn't she in the worst pain she was ever in her entire life?

• Love 14

I just looked up the finish times for the race (I know, I’m a loser!) and a couple things stuck out to me.  One was that Glen finished second in his age/sex group despite a finish time of around 2.5 hours.  Second was that Glen and Whitney still took almost 40 more minutes to finish the race after Buddy.  Can you imagine being Todd and hanging around for 2 hours while you wait for someone to finish a 4 mile walk.  She is exhausting.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Thrifty said:

I don't know that most people go quite that fast.  4 MPH is bordering on jogging.  I do 4 MPH on the treadmill and it's pretty brisk and I probably wouldn't sustain that speed if the belt wasn't forcing me to.  I would bet that most healthy walkers were doing 3 to 3.5.  And of course, the 1.5 MPH speed is an average brought down by lots of stopping.  When she was moving she was probably going around 2 to 2.5.  If her actual walking speed were actually 1.5 MPH. then with the stops, her finish time would have been longer.

Yea this seems accurate to me. I’m 48 and overweight so I’m not as quick as someone younger or in better shape but I walk 3 miles in about 52 minutes. Some days it’s a little faster, some a little slower, but usually right in there. 

• Love 3