Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: One K at a Time

• Start Topic

I don't buy the landlord/tenant possibility.  The shots of the front of the house have only ever said it is Whitney's and Buddy's house. 

I'm pretty sure Whitney said that Donna rents a room from her. I don't know if that's true or not but I am fairly sure I remember her saying that in one episode. I think she went on to say that Donna travels a lot for work which is why she isn't seen as often as the others (or wasn't, prior to this season).

11 minutes ago, Brooks said:

I don't buy the landlord/tenant possibility.  The shots of the front of the house have only ever said it is Whitney's and Buddy's house.  Donna is a live in sex slave.

How do we know someone with an Appalachian State U shirt could be the sober coach?

It's a hypothesis that I have because I don't think "John from the Army" wearing an Appalachian State t-shirt and encouraging Whitney was a random crossing of paths. I think he was a plant, and Buddy's sober coach did travel with him.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Brooks said:

I don't buy the landlord/tenant possibility.  The shots of the front of the house have only ever said it is Whitney's and Buddy's house.  Donna is a live in sex slave.

How do we know someone with an Appalachian State U shirt could be the sober coach?

Donna is definitely a tenant in that house; she has the other first floor bedroom.

I suppose the reason she isn't mentioned is that she kinda ghosts thru MBFFL. We've seen more of her in this season than any other, possibly becuz she needs to be close by during filming in case Twit needs some sort of personal service now that her weight has made her so disabled.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, cherenkov said:

The Todd scene was obviously a setup, especially after seeing the Extra Fabulous of Babs walking in on it. It was about the spectacle, just like when they show the bathing/washing scenes on 600LB Life. The telling things about that weren't that it happened, because I have no doubt that tending to Shitney's diaper rash is a multiple times a day task. After her previous admission of incontinence, I'm convinced that what she has is a combination of chafing and diaper rash and it's likely perpetually infected because she cannot keep it clean and dry. The things that weren't purely scripted were Todd's gagging, most likely because a damp, dark, raw wound that is probably infected and washed in urine smells horrible and Shitney's perverse joy at knowing that she was forcing someone who is repulsed by it to touch her. She gets off on their disgust and unwillingness. Shitney is sexually predatory.

The telling thing was that she didn't mind it being shown.

• Love 7

I'm not doubting whether Donna lives in the house, just whether it's really a "landlord/tenant" relation involving a cash rent payment.  My guess is she is paying in services rendered instead.

Cat is now off my lap so I can check some stuff.  Appalachian State U is in Boone, NC.  It's where Whitney went.  I still don't see a connection with Buddy except that it's generally in his neighborhood as opposed to across the country.  Even if not Buddy's sober coach, it does seem more than coincidence that someone with an ASU shirt would show up.  He perhaps recognized Whitney.

On 2/27/2018 at 10:11 PM, PityFree said:

What possible acting roles could Hunter be going for with that mess on top of his head? 

I had no idea he wanted to be an actor.  No wonder he’s been featured on the show so much this year.  I thought he moved back home to help out with his mom after the stroke.  

I know what you mean about the hair.  It’s a current style trend.  Shaved short on the sides and back, really long on top.  It looks good on some guys but Hunter isn’t one of them.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Brooks said:

Appalachian State U is in Boone, NC.  It's where Whitney went.  I still don't see a connection with Buddy except that it's generally in his neighborhood as opposed to across the country.  Even if not Buddy's sober coach, it does seem more than coincidence that someone with an ASU shirt would show up.  He perhaps recognized Whitney.

I think what @cherenkov's great catch in noticing the ASU tee means is that the so-called Army guy was not some random individual who wandered up to give encouragement to Twit. It is beyond the realm of coincidence that someone who also attended a relatively small college such as ASU, as Twit did, would turn up 5,000 miles away at the exact time she needed help.

He could have been a part of the PMG prod. crew. He also could have been Buddy's sober coach who let himself get enlisted into this hot mess. (All his palaver sounded very sober-coachy.) Either way, he was NOT just some guy out for a leisurely jog in HI.

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, Dot said:

He could have been a part of the PMG prod. crew. He also could have been Buddy's sober coach who let himself get enlisted into this hot mess. (All his palaver sounded very sober-coachy.) Either way, he was NOT just some guy out for a leisurely jog in HI.

Indeed you are right. I sincerely doubt Duddy (not a typo) had a sober coach; such people generally cost north of $1,000/day (plus airfare, per diem and hotel). Neither he nor his parents could afford that, I'm sure any sober coaching was Tal's baliwick, or more likely, production just dragged him to a couple AA meetings daily and had someone keep tabs on him and his boozy shopping habits. It's incredibly likely that someone(s) on the crew is already attending AA/NA meetings on the road anyway.

This military-ish guy could have been a classmate of hers from back in the day -- I work on a TV show and people get their friends cast in not-real roles all the time. Since he did say more than five words, I'm assuming he's already a SAG-AFTRA union member, unless he got Taft-Hartley'd in (meaning no one else could play the role). If you say more than five words, you are eligible for membership, but it costs $3K to join SAG. I'm guessing it was a crew member.

Edited by Maricopa
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Maricopa said:

Indeed you are right. I sincerely doubt Duddy (not a typo) had a sober coach; such people generally cost north of $1,000/day (plus airfare, per diem and hotel). Neither he nor his parents could afford that,

There was also Glenn's line about Shitney bringing five friends. Tal, Todd, Donna, Buddy... and John from the Army who happens to be the dude babysitting Buddy? I don't think for a minute that it was happenstance that this guy in an Appalachian State U t-shirt shows up right when Shitney's "falling apart" with an encouraging and very "one day at a time of sobriety" (nods to @Dot on that one) manner.

That dude was more planted than a corn field. Professional sober coach maybe not, but a Buddy-sitter seems very likely to me.

• Love 3
On 3/5/2018 at 4:03 PM, Dot said:

I finally got to watch this episode & have a Q: what was the purpose of the teal earbuds Twit was wearing in the 8K? They didn't seem to be connected to anything.

It may be a feed from the director so that s/he can give directions to Whitney without disrupting the audio. Perhaps most of the time she has her hair down so you don't see it normally? I'm sure this show is way more scripted than it appears, so Whitney probably gets lots of cues.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I had no idea he wanted to be an actor.  No wonder he’s been featured on the show so much this year.  I thought he moved back home to help out with his mom after the stroke.  

I know what you mean about the hair.  It’s a current style trend.  Shaved short on the sides and back, really long on top.  It looks good on some guys but Hunter isn’t one of them.

My son was doing that as a teen in the ‘80s. It looks so silly to me. 

• Love 1
On 3/10/2018 at 8:41 AM, TurtlePower said:

Right? The way she was cartooning on I'd have expected to find a bloody stump in that shoe. 

Exactly! I noticed how her whole demeanor with the medic changed too.  I'm surprised there were no shots of her bloody, badly blistered feet. I mean, if they can show the chub rub cream being applied, why not the feet? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 3/5/2018 at 4:03 PM, Dot said:

I finally got to watch this episode & have a Q: what was the purpose of the teal earbuds Twit was wearing in the 8K? They didn't seem to be connected to anything.

It was connected to an iPod Shuffle (or Nano). It's the little grey square thing clipped to the neckline of her shirt. Remember how in the Penguin run she was listening to music and brayed obnoxiously that Glenn was trying to cheer her on and encourage her and she didn't hear a word because of the earbuds? 

• Love 3

"John from the Army" may very well have been a sober coach. Although he listed his place of residence as being in Hawaii when registering for the race someone by the same name has links to Charlotte, NC. And, from the pictures it does look like it could be him. (He has a slightly unusual way of spelling his name.) Also pure speculation with absolutely no information  to support this but he could have been one of Hunter's friends. It seems that having a brief cameo would have generated some cash for him.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

"John from the Army" may very well have been a sober coach. Although he listed his place of residence as being in Hawaii when registering for the race someone by the same name has links to Charlotte, NC. And, from the pictures it does look like it could be him. (He has a slightly unusual way of spelling his name.) Also pure speculation with absolutely no information  to support this but he could have been one of Hunter's friends. It seems that having a brief cameo would have generated some cash for him.

He's connected to them somehow. I will never believe for a second that he was a random person who just turned up to give that pep talk about the starting being harder than the finishing stuff.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, cherenkov said:

He's connected to them somehow. I will never believe for a second that he was a random person who just turned up to give that pep talk about the starting being harder than the finishing stuff.

Yeah he was really trying to sell it. Too bad Whit was so distracted by her unGodly foot pain.

On 3/12/2018 at 12:31 PM, Emmeline said:

I agree, that is not a good look for him.

• Love 1
On 2/27/2018 at 8:36 PM, Sasha888 said:

She can't REACH to put her chub rub ointment on herself! And she squats there and makes Todd do it? While laughing and promoting her life as "fabulous".

You have GOT to be kidding me.

Todd trying not to barf was awesome.

And the way Todd was wretching & gagging ( his dramatical faces slay me lol ) - I was wondering was it the thought of touching her “undercarriage” or did she emit odor and Stink with her azz in the air ??  ?? or both ?   Todd that was above and beyond !! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DNR said:

And the way Todd was wretching & gagging ( his dramatical faces slay me lol ) - I was wondering was it the thought of touching her “undercarriage” or did she emit odor and Stink with her azz in the air ??  ?? or both ?   Todd that was above and beyond !! 

I thought that was so funny.  I'm guessing his disgust was a combination of all of the above.  Think about it, If Whitney can't reach to put lotion between her legs, how is she managing to wash herself in those areas?  And since she doesn't seem to bathe daily and also sweats alot I'm sure there are some very unpleasant smells down there.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

I thought that was so funny.  I'm guessing his disgust was a combination of all of the above.  Think about it, If Whitney can't reach to put lotion between her legs, how is she managing to wash herself in those areas?  And since she doesn't seem to bathe daily and also sweats alot I'm sure there are some very unpleasant smells down there.

?????????

No dinner for me tonight!!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

Tuna Helper again, dear?

• Love 4

I’m still perplexed as to why Glenn & Babs think Twitney could ever normally finish a 5/8k & do it without theatrics and wailing.  Twit is lucky she can make it around the block . WAKE UP GLEN!  Twits not gonna decide to take up the lifestyle of exercise & eating right ..... it’s over. 

• Love 5
On 2/27/2018 at 9:40 PM, CocoaGoddess said:

You can't put your own lubricant on your ass (and I'm going straight to hell, because I cackled for a good fifteen seconds at the massive width of the blurred out area that is her massive ass on the screen), y

@CocoaGoddess thank you for the 30 seconds of laughter at that description ??

** Re: Hunters hair : I checked out his Twitter and besides being an actor ( have never seen him on tv / not interested enuff to chk imbd ) AND he’s a guitarist in a band called get this, “plague of JACKALS” ? maybe Twitney inspired the name . They have a cupla YouTube vids- sounded awful to me but a fan of that type of music might like it. I have sons who blared heavy metal from their rooms and it did not sound as bad as Hunters band .  Glen & Babs babied & enabled a couple of winners ? I’d bet Glen supplements Hunters NYC rent too 

Edited by DNR
Extra thoughts
  • Love 2
On 3/31/2018 at 12:27 AM, DNR said:

I’m still perplexed as to why Glenn & Babs think Twitney could ever normally finish a 5/8k & do it without theatrics and wailing.  Twit is lucky she can make it around the block . WAKE UP GLEN!  Twits not gonna decide to take up the lifestyle of exercise & eating right ..... it’s over. 

And when does she do ANYTHING without theatrics and wailing (or braying)?? She could've run the 8K and made good time and there would have been significant theatrics and wailing. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Sorry for posting so late to this thread but, I just joined and after watching The Tell All, I had to call her out on her lies about the 8k! Does she really think we’re stupid and that she finished the 8k?? When she waddled to approached the finish line, she came from what looked like a parking lot off to the right and got back on the path to the finish line.  Everyone else approached the finish line on a long pathway and didn’t enter from the side parking lot like she did.  She probably had a golf cart drive her close to the finish line or just took a short cut. She definitely didn’t finish the entire race!!! It’s hilarious when she said “I didn’t feel like I finished because I didn’t do it alone.” Ummm, no you didn’t finish because you DIDN’T finish the whole race! Also, if she was sharing a room with Donna and her Mom was obviously on the way over to her room (from the extra scenes Babs showed up during Todd rubbing the lotion) why did she text any of the guys?? Oh I know, she wanted one of the guys to do it!! Calling it her “undercarriage” is very appropriate though!  The definition of undercarriage is: the supporting framework under Whitney’s body a vehicle or an aircraft!! Poor Todd was dry heaving!! I’m getting the feeling that the hotel pool or the Pacific Ocean was her bath tub while in Hawaii! She’s a disgusting, lazy, dramatic, unhygienic slob! That’s being kind! Todd is so great!  He doesn’t put up with her bull and always calls her out!

Edited by Kaia40
Grammar correction
  • Love 7