Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: One K at a Time

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

I would love to hear from the camera person who had to film the lotion scene. Do they have female camera people? I feel so sorry for whoever was stuck filming that. The  camera doesn’t come with the giant blur LOL

I always  wondered  about the camera  people  on My 600 pound life. Do they go on a permanent  diet ?  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

I think part of Donna's job is taking care of Twit's hygiene issues, including any periods she may have.  Which reminds me of an Intervention episode I watched back in the day, where a young man was ordered by his family to take care of his mentally ill addicted sister.  Said sister went through a period of time when she refused to wear any clothing.  Poor young man had to tape pads to his sister during her periods.  At least poor Donna doesn't have to do that.  Hopefully.  

The unforgettable Crazy Linda addicted to fentanyl lolipops.  Interesting you saw that level of enabling in Whits circle.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

What really creeped me out was how Whitney sends out a group text basically trying to trick someone into the room to put the lotion on and then is basically all exposed.  It’s very odd.   I mean if Donna is her caretaker then she should be doing it and if she’s just her friend, then she should have had whatever medic on the show do it, and it should have not been filmed.  I mean is this supposed to be funny? Gross? Fabulous? I’m like most of you I have random shows playing in the background while I’m doing something else.  I wonder what people like Glenn’s coworkers think of this show.  The on e thing I must say about this show is it does leave me wondering what random people are thinking...like her neighbors, .Glenn’s coworkers...Hunter’s NY friends.  

75EDC59A-4570-4787-B204-918ACCDAB7D0.jpeg

I have no idea why this Whitney pic is still on here it was from an old post but I guess I’ll leave it here.  Since I can’t seem to delete it.

These are excellent points. Greensboro is a fairly small city.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, spankydoll said:

People can have difficulty reaching their feet, backside, etc. for some very legit reasons. But she had a tool to apply lotion with! She is really at the point where she needs a personal care assistant as it isn't appropriate to be asking her friends to provide these services. I was hoping that the scene with Todd actually retching when he had to touch her body would be the rock bottom that sends her to get help. She is ruining her life and her overeating is going to be the death of her. 

Agreed on everything. At the rate Whitney is going she won't have anyone around to help her because of her attitude and she'll be alone. A part of me thinks it's what she needs at this point since just about everyone around her and her online fanbase is feeding into her narcissism. She needs a healthy dose of reality to hit her sooner rather then later to even have a chance of a semblance of a normal life without future detrimental medical conditions *hopefully*. Also, apologies if my comment came off rude to anyone who has difficulties wiping their extremities with legit reasons. My comment was mainly towards Whit and her spectacle. 

• Love 9
20 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I think because of her “PCOS” she doesn’t or rarely gets her monthly cycle, which was one of the reasons she didn’t know right away she was “pregnant”. If or when she does I guess one of her friends “helps” her.

OK - that's something I didn't consider. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

I think part of Donna's job is taking care of Twit's hygiene issues, including any periods she may have.  Which reminds me of an Intervention episode I watched back in the day, where a young man was ordered by his family to take care of his mentally ill addicted sister.  Said sister went through a period of time when she refused to wear any clothing.  Poor young man had to tape pads to his sister during her periods.  At least poor Donna doesn't have to do that.  Hopefully.  

Is Donna the Asian woman who lives with her (I don't know anyone's name other than Twit, Buddy & her parents- they all kinda run together for me)?  She has to have live-in personal assistance and she doesn't see that as a problem for a 30-something? Her fans can't possibly think that needing an assistant means she's having a fabulous fat life - and just to bring it up again, there are disabled and very elderly people who take care of themselves just fine, thank you.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, aliya said:

OK - that's something I didn't consider. 

Well, I can see why you wouldn’t typically I don’t believe anything Whitney says lol, but in this one instance I think it might be a symptom of pcos.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, aliya said:

Is Donna the Asian woman who lives with her (I don't know anyone's name other than Twit, Buddy & her parents- they all kinda run together for me)?  She has to have live-in personal assistance and she doesn't see that as a problem for a 30-something? Her fans can't possibly think that needing an assistant means she's having a fabulous fat life . . .

Donna Lee is Whit's housemate. She is of Korean heritage. Twit usually calls her Boo Boo, just as she calls Buddy Boo Bear.

There has never been an admission on Twit's or Donna's part that Donna has a caretaker role, so less intuitive fans probably don't realize this relationship. This is something that has been very obvious, however, to us highly intelligent forum folks!

• Love 13

They could hand her a selfie stick.

Which she could then wrap in a rag and use it for all manner of personal hygiene tasks.

I think because of her “PCOS” she doesn’t or rarely gets her monthly cycle, which was one of the reasons she didn’t know right away she was “pregnant”. If or when she does I guess one of her friends “helps” her.

So, TMI and everyone is different, blah, blah, blah... BUT - I have/had PCOS and then premature ovarian failure (basically early menopause) and I had very light or no periods. My GYN started me on (ironically) birth control pills because the estrogen a) helps to build bone, helping to prevent osteoporosis and b) she thought it was healthier for me to slough off my uterine lining every so often by having a period. I love my GYN but I don't think that she's doing anything particularly cutting edge or newfangled - so I'm guessing others with PCOS, like Whitney, may also being having regular cycles chemically encouraged. Sorry caretakers - one more icky chore for you all...

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Alapaki said:

@Irate Panda panda is correct re: the periods.  But I was thinking the same thing as far as just basic daily hygiene.  She can't be april-fresh on a good day.  Add in the heat of Hawaii, the salt water of her "surfing" safari and the dolphin swim, and I think the reason Todd was dry-heaving was because his face was 18 inches from a Superfund site.

The Love Canal?

• Love 7
9 hours ago, AegisGale said:

Agreed on everything. At the rate Whitney is going she won't have anyone around to help her because of her attitude and she'll be alone. A part of me thinks it's what she needs at this point since just about everyone around her and her online fanbase is feeding into her narcissism. She needs a healthy dose of reality to hit her sooner rather then later to even have a chance of a semblance of a normal life without future detrimental medical conditions *hopefully*. Also, apologies if my comment came off rude to anyone who has difficulties wiping their extremities with legit reasons. My comment was mainly towards Whit and her spectacle. 

Maybe some of those adoring fans would take turns being her "personal" assistant, i.e., putting lotion on, wiping "personal" places,  cleaning up cat poop, etc.,  when Twit runs out of TLC  $. 

How long would they last ?  Reality check would not be pretty. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I always  wondered  about the camera  people  on My 600 pound life. Do they go on a permanent  diet ?  

Hazmat suits, gloves, masks and 10 showers when they are done.

• Love 4

She even said “She’s a little bit gay, but not Todd level gay”.

=====================

Can you imagine if someone said, I'm a little bit fat, but not Whitney fat."  OMG she would scream bloody murder over that statement and call them out for fat-shaming.....what about gay-shaming?

• Love 14
23 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

I think healthcare workers also use Vicks under their nose to deal with the smells. I've heard of peppermint oil too. The problem with that is I'd start to associate peppermint oil with the sickly smells and I'd never want a candy cane again, or peppermint anything. I was wondering about smells when Todd was doing the chub rub and Smell-O-Vision...

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, gigiann said:

She even said “She’s a little bit gay, but not Todd level gay”.

=====================

Can you imagine if someone said, I'm a little bit fat, but not Whitney fat."  OMG she would scream bloody murder over that statement and call them out for fat-shaming.....what about gay-shaming?

Great idea. I have to see a doctor tomorrow over knee and shoulder pain and I’m positive he’ll mention how I’m 20 lbs overweight and that’s bad for my overall health. So I’ll use that, “What are you talking about, fatshamer! I’m not Whitney fat!”.

Yep, she said that on The Skinny. Poor Todd was so offended but had to hide it for the bucks/contract, tried to play it cool. Also, WTF is “a little bit gay”, you’re either bi, gay or straight. She doesn’t want to assume the shit that comes with it. 

• Love 5

I would make the following points to Whitney if I met her: 1) What, exactly, is wrong with being "Todd-level gay?" and 2) After making Todd rub chub-rub cream on her ass and vag, does she blame Todd for being "Todd-level gay" anyway? If I were forced to do that shit, I'd downgrade myself from "gay for pay" to "militant heterosexual."

• Love 8
(edited)

I finally got to watch this episode & have a Q: what was the purpose of the teal earbuds Twit was wearing in the 8K? They didn't seem to be connected to anything.

Note to others who lost TLC on Dish: go to directvnow.com & you can get that streaming service for $10/mo for up to 3 months. And you can cancel at any time without penalty.

If you already have a streaming device, you can watch on your TV set. If you don't, do NOT buy one from directv or the $10 deal is off. So you'll have to watch TLC on yr phone or tablet (which is fine with me). Also, be sure to select the 60 channel pkg, not the 80 that is the default choice.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 2
On 2/27/2018 at 9:01 PM, Elizzikra said:

Buddy is pissing me off. This is not addict behavior. This is perseverance. If Whitney applied this same approach to general health and well-being, she wouldn't be struggling to much to finish this race. Or walk to her car, for that matter.

I think that's part of her problem, actually. She loves these grand gestures but she can't hack the day-to-day grind of skipping the Frappuccinos and whatever else she eats/drinks.

That's a really good point. The addictive behavior wasn't finishing the race. It was her being unable to control her weight or stick to an exercise plan.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, MyBigFatFakeLife said:

Great idea. I have to see a doctor tomorrow over knee and shoulder pain and I’m positive he’ll mention how I’m 20 lbs overweight and that’s bad for my overall health. So I’ll use that, “What are you talking about, fatshamer! I’m not Whitney fat!”.

Yep, she said that on The Skinny. Poor Todd was so offended but had to hide it for the bucks/contract, tried to play it cool. Also, WTF is “a little bit gay”, you’re either bi, gay or straight. She doesn’t want to assume the shit that comes with it. 

Is that like being a little pregnant?

• Love 6

Addendum to my comment above about Donna's caretaker relationship to Twit:

I noticed Donna jumped in the van (prod. crew's, I assume) with Twit. Not her mom, dad, other. Obviously, she knew she was going to be needed to tender to Twit.

• Love 8
On 2018-02-28 at 3:55 PM, ClareWalks said:

One K at a Time Recap! We open with Whit and Glenn "running" on the beach, and Whitney claims she is having anxiety about "having anxiety." "I don't like to do things if I can't do them, Daddy! I like to know that I'm competent if I'm going to do things!" SINCE fuckin' WHEN?!? Whit claims she has never been one to back down from a challenge (except eating reasonable portions), so she will try her best. They go swim with dolphins and Whit makes fun of Babs' "slow brain" for not getting that they will swim with dolphins. Yes, make fun of your mom's brain after she just had a fucking stroke, holy fuck (prepare yourselves, gang, I will probably say FUCK a lot in this recap. We're all grown folks here). The dolphin is very cute and they all lovingly feel the dolphin. Naturally Whitney asks to smell the dolphin's breath, because she is fucking disgusting and has no (body) shame. Babs kisses the dolphin and they all make bizarre bestiality jokes and I glance around quickly but can't find any bleach to drink.

Meanwhile in Greensboro, Ashley and Heather are walking children in nature (tm Tammie Brown, google it if you don't know). Heather is still pining for Buddy, because what woman wouldn't want an obese alcoholic cokehead with sleep apnea who can't pay his rent? She cannot imagine finding another man like Buddy. LOLOL. Back on the beach, Whitney looks like a human thumb and sinks into the sand because she weighs (Tal + Todd) x Buddy. Tal and Buddy give her great advice on staying mindful and present during the race. Buddy will stay with her because he "loves slow walking," to which Whitney brays "WHO SAYS I'LL BE SLOW, BITCH?!" Physicists? Casual observers? Helen Keller? Sadly, Buddy confirms that he will be moving back in with Whitney after rehab. Insert GIF of Julia Roberts saying "big mistake. HUGE."

Buddy will not be getting back together with Heather, and Whitney decides it's her job to tell Heather that. No, Whitney. You do not have a job here. Clearly. We see everyone's morning race preparation. Todd seems well prepared for the run, but he may not be prepared for Whitney to apply her fucking chub-rub cream to her taint because she cannot reach it. Todd is NOT OKAY WITH THIS, but of course he does it, even though any sane person would say "FUCK THIS" and run out the room. If nothing else, this whole episode may make Todd EVEN GAYER. Whitney is so satisfied by this whole incident, laying there with her ass up in the air and her horrified friend rubbing lotion into her crack and I truly cannot believe Whitney feels no humiliation about this (although I definitely have noticed that she has not been encouraging "thoughts on this episode" on her FB page, instead posting several videos in the last week of her at the gym, probably to make us forget how shitty this race will go). 

They travel to the race start and Whitney claims in TH that she's "in the zone" although she really looks like she's trying not to puke from nerves. She is being quiet, though, so that's a plus. She has her dad put on her blister bandaids and socks because she is too fuckin' fat to reach her feet. She looks HORRIFIED. Oh god, here we go.

In the first 100 yards of the race, Whitney starts yelling at her friends and family to leave her alone and go ahead of her, and her feet already hurt. Four-year-olds are passing her quickly. 20 minutes in and Whitney is getting lapped by Todd. So it's a 2-loop course, loops that Whitney describes as "huge." We are 47 minutes in and Whitney is dying and realizing she still has half the race left to go. A woman that Whitney probably wants to murder (because she's thin) congratulates Whitney for being out there. At 1:15 Whitney is in the middle of a grassy field for some reason and she is sobbing. Glenn: "We've just passed the 5K mark!" Whitney: "WE'VE ONLY DONE 5K?!?! WAAAAH WHAT IF I CAN'T MAKE IT BACK?!" She claims her arches are killing her and they're a "20 out of 10." An army dude comes and encourages her and Whitney is so exhausted she doesn't even ask to smell his breath.

So Whitney made it to 5K in about 1:20, so this last 0.9 miles will take her about the same amount of time. Buddy is trying to talk her out of finishing and he sounds just like my mother did when I walked the Green Bay Marathon without training for it and had to limp at a Whitney pace from mile 23 on. Whitney stops and gets a foot rub and is sobbing and screaming and refusing to quit and Buddy is comparing her behavior to addiction. She is addicted to attention and that's it. What pisses me the fuck off about Whitney in this race is that she is being dramatic and hysterical and screaming about how much pain she's in, and at the same time she is like "NO I'M GOING TO FINISH." She's like a toddler who needs a nap but refuses to take one. At 1:53 the chyron claims she has walked 4.4 miles and WE ALL KNOW THAT'S FUCKING BULLSHIT, SHOW. Whitney is now walking down the road in socks. Oh wait, now she has shoes on. Oh wait, now she's taking off her shoes and putting flip flops on. I cannot express enough how ridiculous this is. She is crying hysterically and is "shocked" that her dad told her to stop doing the race. She wants to prove to herself that she can finish. We see that she now has her feet wrapped (probably by the medic) and she is slowly going sideways and I just want to give her one good "get a fucking HOLD of yourself" slap across the face.

Whit sobbingly THs that she has a "warrior spirit" and she will not stop until she finishes. Get. Over. Yourself. I wasn't even this dramatic when I did the Cincinnati Marathon in the pouring rain post-breakup without a dime of training for it. Buddy goes ahead and reports to the rest of the barnacles that Whitney is "not okay" and he couldn't stand to watch the frustrating situation unfold. All you idiots are complicit in everything frustrating about Whitney, so fuck you, Buddy. All of a sudden the sun is blotted out of the sky and Whitney's huge carcass appears on the horizon like a big fat fabulous zombie. She is being helped on both sides and finds the strength to run (I am laughing, sorry, guys). Buddy is so over this shit and I don't blame him even though he is part of the problem. Whitney seems utterly humiliated, to her credit, but this is such an attention-seeking scheme that I take nothing but pleasure in it. Everyone feels so guilty that they made her run this 8K and you know Whitney will milk this for however many years of life she has left.

Thank you for this, I never laughed so hard!

• Love 7
On 3/3/2018 at 9:40 AM, LivinLovinLife said:

I'm getting more and more uncomfortable watching this. I'm going to take a break from it, I feel bad about myself afterwards. Like most of you, I used to care and pull for her to succeed. Now it's wallowing in the mud. This episode did it for me.

Me too.

I enjoy some of the characters/people on this show (Heather and Todd especially), but watching this episode made me feel gross. Like have some effing integrity....I say to myself.

I think some of Whitney's behaviors in this episode are unacceptable.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Cherrio said:
On 3/4/2018 at 7:29 PM, crazycatlady58 said:

Yeah, but sweet book deal.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, GoldaVining said:

Me too.

I enjoy some of the characters/people on this show (Heather and Todd especially), but watching this episode made me feel gross. Like have some effing integrity....I say to myself.

I don't think there are many episodes in which she doesn't do something inappropriate or unacceptable. So over it. As much fun as it is to snark on Ugly Crying Face, I don't think I can watch anymore. It's ridiculous at this point. 

I will still come on here and read the snark though. 

• Love 7

I am pretty much done with the show too.

I am not interested in watching her kill herself and worse, I think its extremely irresponsible of a network to continue this show. There are people out there for whatever reason who are ignorant or in denial who like her.   I think most of them have weight issues, food addictions and they could die following her advice and lifestyle.

It at the very least should be re-titled ''Terminal Whitney, her Dumb Parents and the Enabler Gang"

• Love 6
(edited)

I'm watching this episode right now. I thought Tal looked hilarious with his coconut shell boobies, but that was the only high spot. The rest of it was a horror show, even the poor dolphin didn't escape having his breath smelt. The 'chub rub' scene was disgusting. She has no shame. And the thing that came to mind when she was explaining to Todd why she couldn't do it herself was this:

Edited by essexjan
Tried to un-embed video. Couldn't work out how to.
  • Love 5

Sorry - I'm a bit late to the party. You know what bothered me? She was so carrying on to her dad/Buddy, then the medic guy came over and she suddenly stopped whinging and told him she was fine (he asked her to take off her shoe, she asked what he expected to find and told him she was fine).  It's like when a 4 year old has a tanty for their parents but they wouldn't dare pull that crap on a teacher.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
(edited)

Anyone know if there's a thread for the new episode? I may explode with everything I already need to say watching thus far lol.

*edit* nevermind, found it!

Edited by sara1025
  • Love 2
On 01/03/2018 at 8:10 PM, ZumbaTiger said:

What bothers me the most about Whitney though, and what absolutely sickened me about that scene the most, was that in a situation where most normal people would be embarrassed, she APPEARED TO BE ENJOYING TODD'S DISCOMFORT- his revulsion appeared to give her extra pleasure, and that was so warped! She KNOWS she's busting his boundaries and grossing him out and I think it gave her a thrill. 

She’s entering Steven Assanti (of my 600lb life) territory here, getting off on manipulating people to touch her when she knows it revolts them

On 06/03/2018 at 2:11 AM, GoldaVining said:

I think ALL is the word you were looking for ?

• Love 8

I'm watching the Extra Fabulous scenes from this, and:

1. Babs walked in on Sweatney with her ass up on all fours with Todd's hands all greased up. He looks at Babs with a horrified look on his face, and stammers, "SH-SH-SHE MADE ME DO IT." Babs looks shocked and doesn't say a word - just turns around and walks out of the room. To the camera, she says, "We will not speak of this again."

2. When Sweatney starts the race, she's got a decent pace going (for her) but holy SHIT she sounds like she's got whooping cough. Her exhales almost sound like a seal bark. However, in the rest of the scenes, she is breathing normally (well, panting because she's morbidly obese, but not that wheezing exhale). Really odd, like she started the race with asthma but then it went away 1/4 of the way in.

• Love 13
51 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

1. Babs walked in on Sweatney with her ass up on all fours with Todd's hands all greased up. He looks at Babs with a horrified look on his face, and stammers, "SH-SH-SHE MADE ME DO IT." Babs looks shocked and doesn't say a word - just turns around and walks out of the room. To the camera, she says, "We will not speak of this again."

2. When Sweatney starts the race, she's got a decent pace going (for her) but holy SHIT she sounds like she's got whooping cough. Her exhales almost sound like a seal bark. However, in the rest of the scenes, she is breathing normally (well, panting because she's morbidly obese, but not that wheezing exhale). Really odd, like she started the race with asthma but then it went away 1/4 of the way in.

I did not think she was going to make it that far when she started breathing like that. This was the first time I noticed her really looking like she was in pain, when they had to help her to the end of the race. 

You know that Bab's & Glen cannot be too happy about their daughters antics for this show. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, lightninggirl said:

LOL Babs!!

Doesnt Whitney smoke? That seems like yet another contributor to poor health and breathing. 

• Love 5

Doesnt Whitney smoke? That seems like yet another contributor to poor health and breathing. 

Rumor has it that she does - I think there was an interview with someone who worked on the show that was posted on here somewhere. Apparently she doesn't permit it to be seen on the show. I think that her fitness coach also said something about her needing to quit smoking too.

• Love 3

So I finally, finally got to watch the whole episode.  What was up with all that screeching/braying whatever it was, during the more intensive times of her walk (like, everything but the first 15 minutes?  

Did anyone else notice she has this really bizarre habit, when talking to someone, of looking at them, then quickly shutting her eyes half shut, and then looking at them from the very bottom of her eyes, like, throwing shade?  She kept doing that to Buddy during their discussion on the outcropping with the bench.

• Love 1
On 3/1/2018 at 8:59 PM, MyBigFatFakeLife said:

Todd gagging at Whitney might’ve been a little too much, but I get he must be so fed up to be his “dance partner/caretaker” (we all know “home caretaker” is Donna). He’s constantly mentioning how limited she is compared to him dancewise. I feel like Todd is the more aggressive, in your face version of Tal.

Whitney and Todd’s friendship confuses me. Are they friends or enemies? Does he love her or hate her? I wonder, again, why Whitney does this to herself, to have her “friend” gag and be repulsed by her body and chub rub, while she’s waiting for him to rub her in all fours. And I thought the 8k was the most humiliating part of the episode. Why, Whitney, why?

I like Todd but I feel he has a greyish area type of friendship with Whitney, like you can tell he’s not into the friendship but he loves the attention from the tv show. Or all of this is fake and they really love each other once the cameras are gone. He doesn’t even live in NC. Who knows . Same with Buddy, he doesn’t seem that into her friendship. Sometimes I feel like Whitney needed some “friends/cast” for her upcoming show and these are the ones that showed up. $$$$

ETA: The way he passes her during the 8k, that was pretty funny, and Hunter was like “Uh, where did he come from?”. I loved his “I knew I was going to be the fastest by far” attitude. Also, I’ve noticed how he’s tagged as Whitney’s dance partner instead of Whitney’s friend, like everyone else ?

Can anyone explain to me what type of relationship she and Donna have? Are they friends? Lovers? Sometimes lovers? Do they sexually experiment with each other? Use each other for sexual satisfaction when neither has anyone else around? What? She and Donna had this beautiful suite in Hawaii, and there's Donna, lying on the bed with her.  By comparison, Todd and Tal's room was a standard 2Q room.

I just get weird vibes from her and Donna.

On 3/2/2018 at 1:53 PM, Thrifty said:

He had good intentions, sure.  It was an honest mistake, but it was still a mistake. 

I agree that Whitney didn't handle it with very much maturity, but I do still give her credit for not backing out like she could have.

And miss a stellar chance to play the beaten-down, cast-aside, made-to-do-this-because-I'm-morbidly-obese victim? You're joking.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, LocalGovt said:

Can anyone explain to me what type of relationship she and Donna have? Are they friends? Lovers? Sometimes lovers?

Employee or caretaker, maybe hired by Glenn & Babs?

• Love 1

Can anyone explain to me what type of relationship she and Donna have? Are they friends? Lovers? Sometimes lovers?

Employee or caretaker, maybe hired by Glenn & Babs?

I think the only officially confirmed relationships are:

• Landlord/tenant
  • Friends

There is much speculation that Donna is Whitney's caregiver (assisting with personal hygiene and such) and also that they have had a sexually intimate relationship but I don't think that either of those have ever been addressed on the show, much less confirmed. I'm pretty sure that Whitney once said that Donna traveled a lot for work and that's why she wasn't seen as often as some of the other barnacles but I could be imagining that.

• Love 4
On 3/6/2018 at 3:42 PM, BCDL said:

Sorry - I'm a bit late to the party. You know what bothered me? She was so carrying on to her dad/Buddy, then the medic guy came over and she suddenly stopped whinging and told him she was fine (he asked her to take off her shoe, she asked what he expected to find and told him she was fine).  It's like when a 4 year old has a tanty for their parents but they wouldn't dare pull that crap on a teacher.

Right? The way she was cartooning on I'd have expected to find a bloody stump in that shoe. 

• Love 8
21 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Right? The way she was cartooning on I'd have expected to find a bloody stump in that shoe. 

She's the Shitney who cried "Pain!" all the time. It was planned from the beginning, although PMG and TLC probably slightly underestimated the drama. I think they all knew she couldn't finish. The higher ups have seen the decline - so they knew her finishing it wasn't an option - but I don't think they predicted exactly how far she'd take the wailing and moaning.

I don't for one second think "John from the Army" was a random guy who wanted to encourage her or was simply seeking his 15 minutes because of a camera crew being present. What are the odds that at an 8K in Hawaii there just happens to be a helpful, supportive veteran wearing an Appalachian State University t-shirt and a mic to help Shitney with his woke speech?

His shirt:

Efda3XS.jpg

The Appalachian State University Mountaineer  mascot:

Pv1b2Tm.jpg

"John from the Army" could be Buddy's sober coach.

The Todd scene was obviously a setup, especially after seeing the Extra Fabulous of Babs walking in on it. It was about the spectacle, just like when they show the bathing/washing scenes on 600LB Life. The telling things about that weren't that it happened, because I have no doubt that tending to Shitney's diaper rash is a multiple times a day task. After her previous admission of incontinence, I'm convinced that what she has is a combination of chafing and diaper rash and it's likely perpetually infected because she cannot keep it clean and dry. The things that weren't purely scripted were Todd's gagging, most likely because a damp, dark, raw wound that is probably infected and washed in urine smells horrible and Shitney's perverse joy at knowing that she was forcing someone who is repulsed by it to touch her. She gets off on their disgust and unwillingness. Shitney is sexually predatory.

Edited by cherenkov
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, cherenkov said:

The higher ups have seen the decline - so they knew her finishing it wasn't an option - but I don't think they predicted exactly how far she'd take the wailing and moaning.

Oh, I think they were absolutely counting on it. The "Whitney Goes Skiing" episode was probably the biggest attention-getter the show has had to date. And who could forget Whitney shrieking at the top of her lungs that her legs were "literally" breaking in two, wailing for LENNNNNNIE to come help her, screaming for the camera person to stop filming her and come help her, and generally raising a ruckus that didn't end until the medics came over and suggested she let herself fall forward - at which point she went splat on her face, while howling that her legs were breaking off. Her 85K meltdown might have been slightly more dramatic than that, but only slightly. :)

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Oh, I think they were absolutely counting on it. The "Whitney Goes Skiing" episode was probably the biggest attention-getter the show has had to date. And who could forget Whitney shrieking at the top of her lungs that her legs were "literally" breaking in two, wailing for LENNNNNNIE to come help her, screaming for the camera person to stop filming her and come help her, and generally raising a ruckus that didn't end until the medics came over and suggested she let herself fall forward - at which point she went splat on her face, while howling that her legs were breaking off. Her 85K meltdown might have been slightly more dramatic than that, but only slightly. :)

I have no doubt she was in pain for both events, but she takes crying and howling to a whole new level. The sounds, you can't unhear them. And the skiing scene, that's a classic! 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Ketzel said:

She did have to call for a medic not once, not twice, but three times during the "8"K (that was actually 6.6). It's like dizzying new heights of "fabulous".

• Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:50 PM, Elizzikra said:

I think the only officially confirmed relationships are:

• Landlord/tenant
  • Friends

I don't buy the landlord/tenant possibility.  The shots of the front of the house have only ever said it is Whitney's and Buddy's house.  Donna is a live in sex slave.

How do we know someone with an Appalachian State U shirt could be the sober coach?