Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: One K at a Time

• Start Topic

(edited)

I came to the conclusion that the only true events on this show were/are Babs’ stroke, Ashley’s pregnancy, Buddy’s addiction. I just enjoy the rest as fiction. And I just remembered Whitney graduated from drama school! Way to go! ?

Edited by MyBigFatFakeLife
  • Love 8
18 minutes ago, Thrifty said:

I didn't suggest that.  I was saying that it was a mistake to ask her to do this and it was a mistake for her to do it too.

This is getting too frustrating to continue so I'm just going to drop the subject.

I'm sorry I don't understand then. 

11 minutes ago, MyBigFatFakeLife said:

I came to the conclusion that the only true events on this show were/are Babs’ stroke, Ashley’s pregnancy, Buddy’s addiction. I just enjoy the rest as fiction. And I just remembered Whitney graduated from drama school! Way to go! ?

OK, but the race website listed the results.  So she must have done something that day.

And what about elderly Glenn, outside for so long in that extreme heat, and not only finishing but substantially carrying his side of 400+ pounds across the finish line.  And with no whining at all that we're aware of.

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Whitney, oddly given the circumstances, accuses her father of lying to her and refuses to do the walk,  lectures her parents on not bribing her,  blames them for treating her differently than they treat Hunter, and then confides to the camera that it "kills" her to disappoint her father, so she'll do the walk.  Seriously? The primary goal her father has had for her through all the seasons of this crappy show was to lose weight. And she has disappointed him in every way she could while condescendingly explaining that his desire to have a daughter who is not morbidly obese is actually a form of shaming and emotionally abusing her.

I don't get why it was wrong of Glenn to ask Whitney to do the walk. She has shoved the "I'm healthy, I'm capable of doing anything a skinny person can do" mantra down his throat so many times, I expect he was cowed into believing it.  Plus the two of them had done a 5K together a couple of years ago, so why not one more time? It wasn't a mistake on his part to ask her to do the walk. It was a mistake to believe her flagrant misrepresentation of her physical ability.

(And if it was really TLC who was demanding she do the walk, same analysis applies. She says she's fit and healthy. Let's have her do a little gentle exercise on a beautiful island. Heh.)

Don't forget the strenuous hike she did with Avi's fiancée-- of course everyone is convinced she's fit!

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

On a side note, how pathetic is Heather?  I’d love to know about her ex-husband if she thinks a  stumbling, bumbling, alcoholic with a coke problem and anger issues is Prince Charming.  Girl, go get some self respect and focus on you and your children.  I’m not saying she shouldn’t date, but she should probably take some time to figure out her codependency on Buddy and why she “didn’t” know he had a problem, considering people on here could see it a mile away at least a season ago.  Either the woman is lying or she’s dumber than I thought.

I wonder this every time I watch the show. What is her problem? She's cute, can do much better and is a mom. I can't imagine Buddy being that much of a joy for the kids to be around. Even in the earlier shows when he was sober I still thought he was an ass. Maybe he was never sober, who knows. Heather must have been seriously abused in her past relationships to be so in love with bartender Buddy. 

• Love 14
18 hours ago, MyBigFatFakeLife said:

I feel like Todd is the more aggressive, in your face version of Tal.

I think they are totally the opposite. Tal really talks up the "oh, Whitney is so determined! She's such a hard worker! She is so dedicated/devoted, blah blah..." and also portrays such over the top concern for her. Remember when she just HAD to come home because she was strung out on the dance tour worrying about Babs and how she was really needed at home? In his THs he put on the worry-face and blabbed on about how concerned he was, he's never seen her like this, she needs to come home, etc.

Todd, meanwhile, openly rolls his eyes at her and barely tolerates her nonsense a lot of the time. He's happy to make off with her "dance class," and knows she's a phony.  The gagging was stupid and overplayed, but he doesn't care that he's adding to her presentation as a rather crass, gross individual. He's all over it.

• Love 17
On 3/1/2018 at 12:40 PM, monagatuna said:

I'd be surprised if she doesn't get sores in her folds a la My 600 Lb Lifers.

Or candy bar wrappers or maggots, you never know what you will find.

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Brooks said:

OK, but the race website listed the results.  So she must have done something that day.

And what about elderly Glenn, outside for so long in that extreme heat, and not only finishing but substantially carrying his side of 400+ pounds across the finish line.  And with no whining at all that we're aware of.

Not saying the race was fake, but Glenn paying for the trip and conditioning Whitney to come as long as she did the race definitely was in my opinion. I see it as a storyline, not as 100% truth. I’m fine with the fake lesbian lover or the fake pregnancy scare, but what bothers me is Whitney agreeing to put herself in these situations, “Let’s put the unhealthy, unfit fat woman in a situation where she’ll definitely fail and will totally make a drama scene”, like this race, the other race but that one was less dramatic, the ski trip. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

(And if it was really TLC who was demanding she do the walk, same analysis applies. She says she's fit and healthy. Let's have her do a little gentle exercise on a beautiful island. Heh.)

Wonder if TLC gave her an alternative, like marrying a Duggar?

• Love 9
2 hours ago, spacefly said:

Or candy bar wrappers or maggots, you never know what you will find.

2 hours ago, Brooks said:

Am I the only one who anticipates reliving The Scene every time LordOfLotion posts from now on?  LOL

There's a Forrest Gump joke in here somewhere. I just have to use my rag on a stick to find it.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, MyBigFatFakeLife said:

Not saying the race was fake, but Glenn paying for the trip and conditioning Whitney to come as long as she did the race definitely was in my opinion. I see it as a storyline, not as 100% truth. I’m fine with the fake lesbian lover or the fake pregnancy scare, but what bothers me is Whitney agreeing to put herself in these situations, “Let’s put the unhealthy, unfit fat woman in a situation where she’ll definitely fail and will totally make a drama scene”, like this race, the other race but that one was less dramatic, the ski trip. 

I totally disagree - I'm fine if she wants to make an ass out of herself and put the lie to her Fit'n'Fat nonsense, but I stopped watching during the fake pregnancy scare because that's kind of a sensitive topic for me and I didn't enjoy seeing her mock it for her storyline :(

• Love 7

I keep reading about this rag on a stick/chub rub/ass in our face incident. What I'm getting is that she wasn't able to reach a place on her backside to rub ointment correct? If so, she should be ashamed of herself. My 91 yr old grandmother (rip) with arthritis in all/most of her joints, past congested heart failure, and a slew of other medical issues made sure to wipe her own ass until she was physically unable to since she wanted that autonomy at that age. The fact that Whitney can unabashedly ask her friends to do this is so appalling.

• Love 16

Of all the episodes in this trainwreck of a show, this one infuriated me the most. I've watched all previous episodes from all the past seasons and this season has definitely felt the weakest for me in terms of content. Whitney is a narcissistic, manipulating,  attention-mongering, control-whore with no shame or boundaries. Everything she does is to feed her incessant, bottomless attention pit which will never be full. This is why she does all of the things we discuss here at length- saying she wants to smell Ashley's placenta, talking about her parents sex life with her mom, the inappropriate pictures she's posted of her licking Tal's nipple and grabbing Heather's breast... is because to her boundary-less and immature brain, all attention is good attention. I could quote from any number of posts that people have already said- fat people know they're fat... she knows what she needs to do to lose weight... she's surrounded by a host of enablers who aren't helping... but none of that is likely to change. And we keep watching. Hate-watching or not... we're watching. And as long as we are, why should the TLC producers or attention-starved Whitney change anything about what they're doing?

• Love 16
11 hours ago, princelina said:

I totally disagree - I'm fine if she wants to make an ass out of herself and put the lie to her Fit'n'Fat nonsense, but I stopped watching during the fake pregnancy scare because that's kind of a sensitive topic for me and I didn't enjoy seeing her mock it for her storyline :(

Yes, girl. I went through infertility and years of desperately wanting to see a positive pregnancy test. Knowing Whitney "pees positive" and used it as a parlor trick for the purposes of her show horrified me.

On another note, WELCOME to all the new posters!! It seems like this episode really brought a lot of lurkers out of the woodwork, not surprisingly, LOL. We love to watch this trainwreck and I am loving the comments this week. It seems everyone is as "bullshit!" about this episode as I am. *warm fuzzies*

• Love 22
(edited)
13 hours ago, princelina said:

I’m sorry to read that. You’re right, her fakeness affects everyone. That fake pregnancy scare was so unnecessary, of course she knew she wasn’t pregnant, she lost a ton of her fans over that. Many of her LGBT fans cringed over the fake lesbian interest as well. She even said “She’s a little bit gay, but not Todd level gay”. Barf. I was talking to my mom about her yesterday and she asked me why the hell I keep watching this show. I guess we all love to hate Whitney, don’t we. But during the first two seasons I legitimately liked her, then it went downhill. I guess it’s the feeling our lives are not *that* screwed up? Why do we watch anyway? I must say it was the car crash phenomenon with this episode, “Will she finish the race?” But I never anticipated this level of humiliation. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, MyBigFatFakeLife said:

I’m sorry to read that. You’re right, her fakeness affects everyone. That fake pregnancy scare was so unnecessary, of course she knew she wasn’t pregnant, she lost a ton of her fans over that. Many of her LGBT fans cringed over the fake lesbian interest as well. She even said “She’s a little bit gay, but not Todd level gay”. Barf. I was talking to my mom about her yesterday and she asked me why the hell I keep watching this show. I guess we all love to hate Whitney, don’t we. But during the first two seasons I legitimately liked her, then it went downhill. I guess it’s the feeling our lives are not *that* screwed up? Why do we watch anyway? I must say it was the car crash phenomenon with this episode, “Will she finish the race?” But I never anticipated this level of humiliation. 

I'm getting more and more uncomfortable watching this. I'm going to take a break from it, I feel bad about myself afterwards. Like most of you, I used to care and pull for her to succeed. Now it's wallowing in the mud. This episode did it for me.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, MyBigFatFakeLife said:

For me it's more that once I start watching something I'm in to the end unless they do something really bad.  At this point I watch this show while reading, paying bills and making grocery lists, but I can't totally stop because I want to see what will happen next!  And of course this is my favorite thread on PTV :)

• Love 7

Oh yeah, this forum is gold. Part of me (very small one) felt sorry for Whitney and how I hate-watch her show, but nevermind, she chose to put herself in this position and she’s making a ton of money I bet, or at least some money, at least she got a house out of it and a new car. So I’m gonna keep hate-watching and enjoying your amazing posts. I wouldn’t feel sorry for a Duggar or a Kardashian, so why feel sorry for her. 

• Love 6

Todd needs a #metoo shirt.  

Did anyone else notice how Whitney barked out at her producer "do we have a medic standing by"?  Besides another example of her being shitty to her crew, it was a thinly veiled indirect to make Glenn feel guilty.  And while it could very well be a medic provided by the race organizers, it sounded like production was preparing for a visit ahead of time.

There were a few clips of them walking in the middle of a field.  And thanks to the poster upthread who marked up the map of where Whitney stopped and talked with the Army guy.  That was waaaay off the trail.  I'm guessing by that point the race organizers had to re-open the course.

It may have been Glenn's idea to take his wife to Hawaii for a 40th Anniversary present.  But I firmly believe that TLC made Whitney's participation in this race a condition of her getting another season.  Glenn just agreed to be the fall guy.

• Love 18
On 3/2/2018 at 9:33 AM, Thrifty said:

Sure.  A lot of people have pleasures other people find weird.  I like cat breath and like to smell my cats' mouths.  It's not exactly pleasant, but it is interesting.  I like cats because they are so pleasing to 4 of the five senses.  Also they poop in a box of sand instinctively.  You don't even have to train them.  But I digress.

My cat likes to SHARE her breath by licking noses and chins (and then biting them, playfully).  I think cat breath is unique because, unlike dogs, cats do not normally breathe/pant on people. Whitney would love my cat. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

It may have been Glenn's idea to take his wife to Hawaii for a 40th Anniversary present.  But I firmly believe that TLC made Whitney's participation in this race a condition of her getting another season.  Glenn just agreed to be the fall guy.

I think so too. More drama if it was daddy’s idea instead of “I thought it’d be a good idea to repeat a 5k”. The cry to Hunter “You’re not required to do this because you’re not fat!” was so over the top.  Glenn “came up” with the 5k idea because she was too obsessive about Avi and he thought she needed a new hobby. Okay. 

Next season: Boston Marathon! Or London Marathon so she fails overseas. 

This is karma for thinking she was so superior to Nada during that hike. 

• Love 10
40 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

My cat likes to SHARE her breath by licking noses and chins

My Dad's cat is a nose licker. My Dad would make this horrible face and hold his breath so as not to smell Sylvester's breath, but he let him do it! Now that my Dad has passed, Sylvester tries licking any face he can get at. I'm patient with him...his breath is gross but I'll do anything for a sweet kitty. He now lives at my brother's and sleeps with my nephew - who, much like Grandpa before him, complains about Sylvester's "kissing"...but lets him do it!

I can't imagine anyone actually liking it, but whatever. However, Whitney plays this up to the max. She throws it into EVERY conversation she possibly can, because she's such a whore for attention. I'll never forget the video of some cupcake place asking people for suggestions for unique cupcake flavors, and Twit said "cat breath cupcakes!"

Give me a break. That was said purely for attention. 

• Love 2

I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but if Twit can't take care of her chub rub - can she take care of her monthly issues? Can she not reach between her legs? Mother of Mercy...if she can't, how the heck does she see herself as healthy and fabulous? 

• Love 8
(edited)
20 minutes ago, aliya said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but if Twit can't take care of her chub rub - can she take care of her monthly issues? Can she not reach between her legs? Mother of Mercy...if she can't, how the heck does she see herself as healthy and fabulous? 

I think because of her “PCOS” she doesn’t or rarely gets her monthly cycle, which was one of the reasons she didn’t know right away she was “pregnant”. If or when she does I guess one of her friends “helps” her.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 6
On 3/2/2018 at 2:13 PM, Thrifty said:

You guys are missing the point and getting lost on this fixation of assigning blame.  You don't ask someone to undertake a physical action they aren't capable of.  It's stupid.  I'm not going to walk up to my skinny 20 year old niece and ask her to run the Boston Marathon in exchange for a car.  Yes she could refuse, or say she doesn't think she can do it, but it's a mistake for me to ask her in the first place.

It's important to recall that Glen encouraged--nay, *begged*-- her to stop after she had walked the distance she originally agreed to do.  She could have quit the "race" at that point with honor intact, but her insistence that she finish the entire distance leaves us looking for a reason she would do this to herself.  Maybe she *wasn't* in as much pain as she claimed to be and genuinely wanted to complete the race.  I don't believe this for a nanosecond.  I think she was gratified by the pain she was causing her father, whom she blamed for lying to her, and saw an excellent way to punish him.  The cherry on top was that after this, he would never again dare to suggest exercise to her.  And now, she actually has an accomplishment to point to when she brags about how she never gives up, when up till now we've seen her give up on everything she's ever started to do.

And about that pain she was experiencing.  I do not doubt that she was in pain, but honestly, if she really was in as much pain as she made herself appear to be, she would have stopped.  She obviously was not experiencing too much pain to allow her to finish the race because she *did* finish the race.

• Love 18
28 minutes ago, Mothra said:

It's important to recall that Glen encouraged--nay, *begged*-- her to stop after she had walked the distance she originally agreed to do.  She could have quit the "race" at that point with honor intact, but her insistence that she finish the entire distance leaves us looking for a reason she would do this to herself.  Maybe she *wasn't* in as much pain as she claimed to be and genuinely wanted to complete the race.  I don't believe this for a nanosecond.  I think she was gratified by the pain she was causing her father, whom she blamed for lying to her, and saw an excellent way to punish him.  The cherry on top was that after this, he would never again dare to suggest exercise to her.  And now, she actually has an accomplishment to point to when she brags about how she never gives up, when up till now we've seen her give up on everything she's ever started to do.

And about that pain she was experiencing.  I do not doubt that she was in pain, but honestly, if she really was in as much pain as she made herself appear to be, she would have stopped.  She obviously was not experiencing too much pain to allow her to finish the race because she *did* finish the race.

Absolutely this. "You made me do this, so I'm going to do it even if it kills me."

• Love 10
7 hours ago, aliya said:

@Irate Panda panda is correct re: the periods.  But I was thinking the same thing as far as just basic daily hygiene.  She can't be april-fresh on a good day.  Add in the heat of Hawaii, the salt water of her "surfing" safari and the dolphin swim, and I think the reason Todd was dry-heaving was because his face was 18 inches from a Superfund site.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

Not only did she finish . . . did you see that woman RUN across the finish line?  What a testimony to her strength of will and good health.

(And her father and the medic who practically carried her the last kilometer or two.)

• Love 11
17 hours ago, Alapaki said:

Todd needs a #metoo shirt.  

Did anyone else notice how Whitney barked out at her producer "do we have a medic standing by"?  Besides another example of her being shitty to her crew, it was a thinly veiled indirect to make Glenn feel guilty.  And while it could very well be a medic provided by the race organizers, it sounded like production was preparing for a visit ahead of time.

There were a few clips of them walking in the middle of a field.  And thanks to the poster upthread who marked up the map of where Whitney stopped and talked with the Army guy.  That was waaaay off the trail.  I'm guessing by that point the race organizers had to re-open the course.

and if you check out discussion by Roy and friends (radio crew...sorry I am horrible with names, too lazy to look up) they were very transparent about why they were not included in this season..and mentioned Hawaii filming. 

• Love 3
On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 12:21 PM, MyBigFatFakeLife said:

I too was a fan...felt defensive for her when the "comic" was so in her face. But I saw the Whitney Light in the way she treated Roy. I was horrified when she had the audacity to suggest he was lying about being in a relationship. Pretty awful stuff. She started to show her true colors (also going off on Buddy before, on "scale day" which was so unwarranted, and he is not a peach at all)

She has been vile to Todd, who does deserve his own show, Whitney can guest.

But BOO! BOO! is my response to Whitney...especially for someone who is asking the world to not BS. She  proclaims to be a Role Model for others and she is throwing it away due to her inability to accept any feedback,  honor anyone with healthy boundaries (her former trainer, who was well within his rights to fire her as a client), or to show respect for her long suffering friends.

She is lucky to have people around her, and I don't think she appreciates them. 

This is why she gets on my nerves..

• Love 11
On 3/2/2018 at 11:53 PM, AegisGale said:

I keep reading about this rag on a stick/chub rub/ass in our face incident. What I'm getting is that she wasn't able to reach a place on her backside to rub ointment correct? If so, she should be ashamed of herself. My 91 yr old grandmother (rip) with arthritis in all/most of her joints, past congested heart failure, and a slew of other medical issues made sure to wipe her own ass until she was physically unable to since she wanted that autonomy at that age. The fact that Whitney can unabashedly ask her friends to do this is so appalling.

People can have difficulty reaching their feet, backside, etc. for some very legit reasons. But she had a tool to apply lotion with! She is really at the point where she needs a personal care assistant as it isn't appropriate to be asking her friends to provide these services. I was hoping that the scene with Todd actually retching when he had to touch her body would be the rock bottom that sends her to get help. She is ruining her life and her overeating is going to be the death of her. 

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, spankydoll said:

I was hoping that the scene with Todd actually retching when he had to touch her body would be the rock bottom that sends her to get help.

That didn't bother her at all; she was guffawing about his discomfort throughout.

I think what DID get to her was viewing the episode last week when she saw her butt blurred out. That's a M600#L technique & she would know that -- and know that her weight has now put her within M600#L territory.

• Love 11
20 hours ago, Alapaki said:

Don't you think they have a medic standing by for pretty much everything they do except for sitting on her couch?  (And possibly that too). "Hiking" with Nada, chasing Avi around a parking lot, choreographing birth canal dances, dance battling, draping herself across a poor horse, kissing girls, getting coffee for the radio staff - any of these activities could cause a collapse at any time.

• Love 11
(edited)

What really creeped me out was how Whitney sends out a group text basically trying to trick someone into the room to put the lotion on and then is basically all exposed.  It’s very odd.   I mean if Donna is her caretaker then she should be doing it and if she’s just her friend, then she should have had whatever medic on the show do it, and it should have not been filmed.  I mean is this supposed to be funny? Gross? Fabulous? I’m like most of you I have random shows playing in the background while I’m doing something else.  I wonder what people like Glenn’s coworkers think of this show.  The on e thing I must say about this show is it does leave me wondering what random people are thinking...like her neighbors, .Glenn’s coworkers...Hunter’s NY friends.  

75EDC59A-4570-4787-B204-918ACCDAB7D0.jpeg

I have no idea why this Whitney pic is still on here it was from an old post but I guess I’ll leave it here.  Since I can’t seem to delete it.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 10

I think part of Donna's job is taking care of Twit's hygiene issues, including any periods she may have.  Which reminds me of an Intervention episode I watched back in the day, where a young man was ordered by his family to take care of his mentally ill addicted sister.  Said sister went through a period of time when she refused to wear any clothing.  Poor young man had to tape pads to his sister during her periods.  At least poor Donna doesn't have to do that.  Hopefully.  

• Love 5

I would love to hear from the camera person who had to film the lotion scene. Do they have female camera people? I feel so sorry for whoever was stuck filming that. The  camera doesn’t come with the giant blur LOL

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I would love to hear from the camera person who had to film the lotion scene. Do they have female camera people? I feel so sorry for whoever was stuck filming that. The  camera doesn’t come with the giant blur LOL

Oh but I bet they wish it did!

• Love 1
On 3/2/2018 at 8:53 PM, AegisGale said:

If Whitney cannot reach her chub rub, how DOES she wipe her butt? Yikes. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

What really creeped me out was how Whitney sends out a group text basically trying to trick someone into the room to put the lotion on and then is basically all exposed.  It’s very odd.   I mean if Donna is her caretaker then she should be doing it and if she’s just her friend, then she should have had whatever medic on the show do it, and it should have not been filmed.  I mean is this supposed to be funny? Gross? Fabulous? I’m like most of you I have random shows playing in the background while I’m doing something else.  I wonder what people like Glenn’s coworkers think of this show.  The on e thing I must say about this show is it does leave me wondering what random people are thinking...like her neighbors, .Glenn’s coworkers...Hunter’s NY friends.  

75EDC59A-4570-4787-B204-918ACCDAB7D0.jpeg

I have no idea why this Whitney pic is still on here it was from an old post but I guess I’ll leave it here.  Since I can’t seem to delete it.

Lol. Ugly Crying Face. 

"For someone who says they're the happiest they've ever been, you sure cry A LOT."--Kerryn Feehan (The Comic)

• Love 11
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

I would love to hear from the camera person who had to film the lotion scene. Do they have female camera people? I feel so sorry for whoever was stuck filming that.

They could hand her a selfie stick.

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, WaterSpirit said:

I too was a fan...felt defensive for her when the "comic" was so in her face. But I saw the Whitney Light in the way she treated Roy. I was horrified when she had the audacity to suggest he was lying about being in a relationship. Pretty awful stuff. She started to show her true colors (also going off on Buddy before, on "scale day" which was so unwarranted, and he is not a peach at all)

Especially after Roy came out as gay months after that. I doubt Whitney knew about this or she wouldn’t have made a fool of herself “He has the biggest crush on me. I thought he was in the bag” (lol) , but I imagine this was pretty hurtful for Roy and his family to see afterwards.  Maybe he was lying about a girlfriend but for different reasons that of course had nothing to do with Quitney. Yeah, that was pretty shitty.

1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

The one who hadn’t eaten breakfast yet? My guess is that’s how they pick the camerapeople on this show. 

• Love 4

A psychologist would have a field day with Whitney!  She may be somewhat in denial,  but she  has to know she's  in terrible shape and she's not getting any younger and the weight is taking an inevitable  toll.  The shamelessness of baring her intimate parts and huge rear to friends and cameramen is just so disgusting, who does this?  I wonder if she feels the need to be just over the top outrageous to try and keep the show ratings up so TCL renews it, as this seems to be her only means of support.  (Other than daddy).

• Love 2