Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: One K at a Time

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Maggienolia said:

Why  does she have blisters??

I have developed massive blisters, had them pop, and developed a second layer of blisters in the same spot. Several times, in several marathons. Anyone who complains about blisters, I'm like HOLD MY FUCKIN' BEER. Blisters should literally be the least of her concerns. Her Achilles could snap!*

*No.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, LordOfLotion said:

I mean I'm a wimp and I know it, so I would have taken some prophylactic Advil prior to the walk if I knew it was going to be like that. I also have stronger stuff left over from surgery if it's that bad. Am I the only one who does that?

I popped some Advil prior to doing a half marathon to help with some inflammation.  I don’t see a problem with it.  

• Love 11

Buddy is pissing me off. This is not addict behavior. This is perseverance. If Whitney applied this same approach to general health and well-being, she wouldn't be struggling to much to finish this race. Or walk to her car, for that matter.

I think that's part of her problem, actually. She loves these grand gestures but she can't hack the day-to-day grind of skipping the Frappuccinos and whatever else she eats/drinks.

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, LordOfLotion said:

I mean I'm a wimp and I know it, so I would have taken some prophylactic Advil prior to the walk if I knew it was going to be like that. I also have stronger stuff left over from surgery if it's that bad. Am I the only one who does that?

Nope. I often have to walk a long distance thru the hospital corridors to do my audits. When I first started this job, I  was coming off of hip bursitis that had me nearly suicidal from the pain, included 3 prescription pain killers, a car disability decal, and a wheelchair in the airport. It took me 2 years, with bouts of tendinitis on each side, to be able to stop using the little golf cart the hospital has - and which didn't go everywhere I needed to go. 

I can walk a lot better now, but I still get hip pain sometimes. My doc told me to take arthritis pain relief about 30 minutes before I go out, the problem is, when I'm not in pain, I don't think about it (duh), so I often forget to take it. It's a good idea tho; I should just be better at it. That said, I am sooo much better than I was, but it took therapy and walking that darned hospital, even if I had to make multiple stops to deal with the pain. I'm doing yoga for old folks for more flexibility and have a stepper at home because, unlike Twit, I know you actually have to work to get results.

• Love 14
44 minutes ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

This is cause for a panic attack!  

Get apuke bucket Todd.

I'm guessing something grosser than the usual bs happened in the first half that I missed. Suddenly feeling much better about not having made it home in time. Whew!!!! But if this is all about Chub rub... when does Twit NOT have chub rub?? Seriously?!?! 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, tdanaher said:

What a piece of work. Dragging out her panic attack to justify not running an 8k? A panic attack that had nothing to do with running at ALL?

Her "panic attacks" seem to happen when she is surprised by happenings she is not in control of or informed about. First, Todd and the dance class and then the 8k. I'm typically not one to dismiss anxiety as I have both PTSD and panic disorder, however, her stuff make my blood boil. A panic attack over her "class" and then over a few extra kilometers? Whitney puts the idea of "snowflake" in its own special category. 

• Love 23

I will say most of them are showing more and more signs of being sick to death of her. Glen said he felt badly but he seemed to be more angry and frustrated than guilty. I’m getting the feeling that they are all getting tired of her not admitting she has a problem while they run around dealing with her restrictions. 

• Love 20