Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: The Curse Of The Earth Totem

• Start Topic

That was fun episode. I loved seeing Mick and Amaya working together again. And we got a Ray and Mick scene. 

Captain Jiwe was awesome and she has Rum named after her. It was nice hearing Masie's real accent as well. Of course she was the only doing a British accent. Mick was is usual self which probably works for a pirate. Ray is right he's become a much better person since becoming a Legend. 

I loved the drunken adventures of Wally and Rip as well. He'll fit right in with the Legends. 

Sara and Ava were okay, since I got to learn a little more about Sara. Still think it was set up all wrong, but I'll deal with it. 

I wonder how much Nora remembers or is Mallus keeping those memories from her. I guess Brandon will have fun working with his wife next week. 

• Love 11

Pirate Amaya was fun. Nice to see her not sharing every scene with Nate. The rum changing to be named for Captain Jiwe was a nice touch. 

Rip and Wally made quite the pair. Flash’s screwup is LOT’s gain. 

Poor Nora. She’s too far gone to be saved. And poor Ray for getting burned saving her life. 

The return of Mick and Ray: BFF!

I find it out of character for Sara to ignore Gideon’s message in favor of a date. She stepped up when the Waverider crashed, and Ava said she doesn’t want her to be normal, so I’m hoping it doesn’t happen again. I’ve accepted this relationship is a thing but I will not accept it changing Sara. 

• Love 8

Now I know what made last week's episode so good. There was a huge lack of Damien Dark. Every scene this week was dragged down by Damien. Plus, Ray is an idiot for "saving" a psychopath that wants to end the world.

• Love 11

Look this was a fun episode! But dammit if it did not piss me off left and right!

Let's start with the obvious: Sara has dinner in present day Star City....Does she not check in on her father? Who I'm pretty sure the last time she saw him wasn't at his best. They just ignore that and Black Siren. Why not have her go to dinner in Star City 2050? Or some place else that wouldn't cause this situation?

The Legends sans Sara...turn into bumbling idiots x10 who are just grown up child more so then ever. They want to drive home the need for Sara as Captain...cool...but the team can have a hard earned win without her. But in the end they make a huge change in history and just laugh it off....ok..

And we end with Ray who needs to be a knight in bumbling armor go back in time with no back up...to save Little miss Darhk. And he gets almost killed and captured and from the looks of it tortured in the process. 
tenor.gif?itemid=4581316

Apart from all of that stuff...lol...the pirate scenes were enjoyable as hell. I was happy to see Sara have some normal down time and totes ready for Wally to come on board full time.

It really sucks that they can't get Megalyn back. If she keeps on refusing then they should just think about recasting the role... 

I honestly had lower expectations for this episode. The last three episodes have been so fantastic, there's just no way they could keep up that momentum. And while the plot wasn't as inspired or as wild as they have been lately - and how could it? - I did enjoy this one, because of the personal interactions. Hell, Even Ava and Gary sparkled.

Finally a Mick front-and-centre episode! I thought Mick was great in this one. Loved how he used his storytelling talents that we discovered last episode, and I hope we get to see more of Mick using his imagination and improv skills to bullshit the Legends out of (or into) trouble. He feels as much at home on a pirate ship as Ray feels in Camelot.

I don't think I realized just how much I missed their interaction until this episode, but it hit me all over again that Purcell and Richardson-Sellers have fantastic chemistry. I love how Purcell softens up his entire person somehow from the inside whenever he interacts with Amaya. He's not noticeably doing anything different, he still feels like big brash Mick, yet you can immediately tell there's an openness and honesty with Amaya you don't see with anyone else, and how much of his persona is really an act when he's with the others. And I can't even tell you how Purcell's doing it, I just know he is. He's a really talented actor.

And I love how Amaya confides in Mick and shows her vulnerabilities and fears even when she strives to keep her "cool" persona with the others. This was a great episode for Maisie; usually the character has to be so guarded, and she was just shining here.

I felt so bad for Sara when her night got cut short! And I loved how nervous and sweet both she and Ava were on their first "real" date. I think the writers realized they overstepped with the antagonism with Ava at the beginning, and used the Beebo episode to course-correct. Since then this couple has been so much fun to watch.

Little things:

--I loved how Ray and Nate were dressed in pirate garb when piloting the ship.
--Rip singing "Careless Whisper" was amazing. I so want a demoralized, not-giving-a-shit and living-for-the-moment Rip to join the Waverider again as a crew member who's just along for the ride.
--I liked how Blackbeard wasn't a Jack Sparrow ripoff, but was still in the same vein. I know I've seen that actor before.
--Still half-suspecting Ray to be related to the Dharks, Luke-Skywalker-style.

All in all: while not a stellar episode, the characters and their interactions and relationships are still the best in the Arrowverse, and it's still amazing that every single episode of Legends since the Season 2 premiere has been enjoyable.

...And then I get a lovely Raymick scene with all the couple-y ones, so yeah, this episode is now an A again. Sue me.

Edited by Miss Dee
  • Love 8

I didn't think the Legends were being bumbling idiots without Sara. Mick and Amaya were a nice team. They would lost to Darkh with Sara. She doesn't have any powers, what she would have done was pay more attention to her surroundings then they did. 

Now Ray was dumb to go the Darkhs alone. 

• Love 6

Oh, Ray. You really do let you heart rule your head so often, dont you? Stupid as it was for him to go try to help Nora, it was definitely in character. Between his angst about possibly having to kill Sara, and how he bonded with young Nora, I can see him trying to help her, even though its a pretty horrible idea. Damien if you hurt him I WILL REACH THROUGH MY SCREEN AND FIGHT YOU. 

Anyway, the pirate stuff was a blast, and I loved seeing Mick and Amaya have an adventure together. Mick, Ray, and Nate all boosting the story of Captain Jiwe, and Amaya getting all into her pirate character was super adorable, and you could tell the actors were having a grand old time. The plot was pretty standard for pirate stories, but the character interactions were all on point, and they used the setting and period quite well, and I like exploring the different totems. I know some people are kind of "meh" on the focus on magic this season, but I like it. Its a change up from the last few seasons, and makes for some interesting story potential and world building. 

Sara and Ava were actually pretty good (although someone else just posted a pic of how much Ava and Laurel look alike and now I cant unsee it), although I did find it weird that she would prioritize a date instead of working on their many current issues. But, I suppose she deserves a break every once in awhile too. Now, if Sara could go check on her dad, he is kinda having a breakdown...

Wally and Rip and their drunk hijinks were adorable, and I am so happy Rip got his jacket back! Now he looks like Rip again! Cant wait for Wally to join the crew, I think he will fit in pretty well. They'll probably call him in, and Wally will help, so they can save Ray. "Your a bit of a deucsh..." "I dont disagree". 

So I think I get why Nate and Amaya are so into each other. They're kind of freaky, huh? ;) And to think, The Flash wont even let actual married couple Barry and Iris imply they more than kiss on any given day!

We finally get a quality Ray and Mick scene! Freaking loved Mick figuring out that Ray was upset, and trying to help him (in his own way) and Ray telling Mick that he has become a much better person, even if he doesn't want to admit it. I can actually see how his friendship with Mick (or Snart, or even Sara) would make him think that Nora could still be saved or turn to the side of good. 

• Love 10

Oh, that was such a fun episode. I enjoyed a lot of it. So many awesome and rare character interactions. We haven't seen Mick and Amaya share actual scenes in ages! Rip and Wally made a fun duo! Ava/Sara got some nice progression! Ray's next episode will be with Damien and Nora!

Oh, how far Ray has come from his time on Arrow. Now, he's quite possibly one of my favourite male characters in the Arrowverse. He should have brought Mick along to give Nora the antidote, but I appreciate where his heart was with it. 

Amaya and Mick got a lot of scenes together, and boy oh boy did they just remind me how much I love the two together. Maisie getting to use her natural accent for more than a line was great (yes, still a bit bitter that Franz didn't really get to use his natural accent). But Amaya really does soften Mick, so we get to see a different, more supportive side to him. It's actually so great to see. It's disappointing that Amaya gets stuck with Nate instead of letting her be with Mick more. Plus, Mick is always shafted when it comes to using him in stories as a significant character. Captain Jiwe was fantastic, and I love how she took charge immediately. If Sara ever needed an actual vacation, Amaya could easily take over as Captain temporarily. 

Rip and Wally was a duo I never knew I wanted, like ever, but everything that was great. Them singing Careless Whisper was so awesome. For me, Rip is always welcome on my screen. Arthur Darvill brings such life to his character, even when Rip's being a douche or going through some crisis. His character has gone through some significant changes and I still love every single version of him.

So, I finally felt a little toward Ava and Sara. Do I love them as a couple? No. Do I like them a bit more? Sure. However, having them go on a date in Star City 2018 without mentioning if Sara stopped by to say hi to her father pre-date? Probably not the best idea. I'd like to think that she at least called her father and they talked for a bit. 

Finally, Mick/Ray scene! Woohoo! 

• Love 11

- Ray you big-hearted dope! Why would you not just jab and run?!!!!

- Okay so Sara & Ava are a thing. I don't mind them and it's nice to see Sara get a little "normal" in her personal life. Btw Ava, Sara is an exceptional dancer (that is, if they ever let Caity Lotz show her skills in that area).

- Rip isn't a "little bit of a douche" Wally, he's a ginormous one. Don't let the crooning of 'Careless Whispers' In Tokyo, 1992 fool you (that was a nice touch btw).

- Amaya as a pirate queen was so much fun and watching her pair off with Mick for almost the entire episode was even better! Mick is the best kinda bro to have.

- The Legends aren't completely incompetent but in their rush to keep Sara on her date, they kept messing up so much lol. Also, Gideon is a little snitch and it's hilarious to watch.

- So now Damian has both the totem and Ray. Sigh...they never make it easy for our Legends do they?

Sara didn’t check on Q because he’s currently kidnapping Laurel’s terrorist doppelgänger in an effort to make her his replacement daughter. Setting all of that straight requires more than a few minutes of an episode. 

I haven't watched Arrow in ages. I guess characters being monumentally stupid is still a thing on that show smh.

Edited by kdm07
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, ketose said:

Now I know what made last week's episode so good. There was a huge lack of Damien Dark. Every scene this week was dragged down by Damien. Plus, Ray is an idiot for "saving" a psychopath that wants to end the world.

The Darhks are the worst, including threatening Amaya which puts Kuasa in jeopardy. Does that shit even make any sense? Let's kill the woman whose existence is necessary for our ally's life. Just create one giant anachronism in their own evil plans. They are just as dumb as Ray.

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Rip and Wally was a duo I never knew I wanted, like ever, but everything that was great. Them singing Careless Whisper was so awesome. For me, Rip is always welcome on my screen. Arthur Darvill brings such life to his character, even when Rip's being a douche or going through some crisis. His character has gone through some significant changes and I still love every single version of him.

Rip is a douche, but I just love Arthur Darvill and I love what he does with the character. Loved Careless Whisper.

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Amaya and Mick got a lot of scenes together, and boy oh boy did they just remind me how much I love the two together. Maisie getting to use her natural accent for more than a line was great (yes, still a bit bitter that Franz didn't really get to use his natural accent). But Amaya really does soften Mick, so we get to see a different, more supportive side to him. It's actually so great to see. It's disappointing that Amaya gets stuck with Nate instead of letting her be with Mick more. Plus, Mick is always shafted when it comes to using him in stories as a significant character. Captain Jiwe was fantastic, and I love how she took charge immediately. If Sara ever needed an actual vacation, Amaya could easily take over as Captain temporarily. 

Mick and Amaya were so good together. I'm glad he picked up on her mood and figured out a way to get her out of her funk. I suspect that he might even be the one to suggest that Nate go back to 1942 with Amaya

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 7

This week: Sara and Amaya let their hair down and look awesome doing it. Of course, the guys fuck up (hey, Zari was on the ship the whole time), Amaya loses her totem, Ray does something stupid and gets captured, and Mick learns the Blackbeard was a total wuss.

Seriously, Gideon needs to be firmer when the gang decides to take off without much of a plan, as well as sans their captain. Of course Damien is that, because he's Damien. I mean, Neal chews scenery and looks good doing it, Unlike @ketose, I don't think the character is a drag, but he's just so fucking annoying. And yes, that is a core requirement for Arrowverse villains (see also: Thinker), but he just rolls in, wedgies the heroes, beats him without a sweat, and stomps on their genitals while they're moaning on the ground. So annoying. And he's not even the official Big Bad, Maybe Mallus knows that less is more.

I liked the first date. I get Sara wanting normalcy, but I think that went away when the Queen's Gambit went down. She's not the feisty younger Lance girl. She kicks ass, takes names, kisses the boys and girls, and looks awesome doing that. Ava is involved in time travel. I'd like to learn how she got into that business, and I'm betting she lost her chance at a normal life ages ago. And I didn't think Sara's dress looked stupid.

Fun to see Amaya embrace the pirate captain within. I don't think Mick played a huge part, but he did give her the push. It helps that Blackbeard is a wuss; that was probably the case even before his girlfriend got messed up on the Earth Totem. Without her totem, I'm thinking she'll have no choice but to visit Mari.

Ray is a dumbass. I get that he wanted to save Nora, and I was okay with it. He probably didn't want Amaya's totem, and I was okay with that. But not bringing up backup? He wins this week's goob-off over Nate.

The Adventures of Rip & Wally felt tacked on. Great to see Wally get nudged back into action, and watching Gary get abused never gets old, but did we really need a drunk-as-hell Rip calling the shots? Also, nice that Wally got Cisco's hyper alcohol. Shame he wasn't stumbling in the karaoke bar, yelling "I'M KID FLASH!!!!"

• Love 2
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

We finally get a quality Ray and Mick scene! Freaking loved Mick figuring out that Ray was upset, and trying to help him (in his own way) and Ray telling Mick that he has become a much better person, even if he doesn't want to admit it. I can actually see how his friendship with Mick (or Snart, or even Sara) would make him think that Nora could still be saved or turn to the side of good. 

Man, after teasing me with their friendship this episode, them writers better NOT have Mick be all cavalier about Ray being missing next episode. That woukd be so, SO frustrating.

But as this is the first time in almost 2 seasons the two characters have actually had a serious scene together, I'm crossing my fingers it was put in there for buildup.

• Love 6

Great fun, as always, no matter where the story takes place.  You have a Captain Jack-esque Blackbird the Pirate, Sara and Ava on a date, Rip and Wally making a great pair and Amara as a pirate.  This show can get so weird but always pull it off.

Good lord, Ray, have a better plan instead of waiting there for Nora to kill you...

Edited by benteen
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, Miss Dee said:

Man, after teasing me with their friendship this episode, them writers better NOT have Mick be all cavalier about Ray being missing next episode. That woukd be so, SO frustrating.

I am hoping and praying that after Ray gets rescued, Mick finally gives Ray that hug he has always wanted from him. In private, and after swearing Ray to secrecy, of course. 

Ray going to help Nora was certainly dumb, but I can always appreciate what a good guy Ray is, and how much he cares about and wants to help people. He felt guilty, and just did something rash to help, which is pretty solidly in character. He probably didn't ask for backup, because he knew any of his friends would have told him it was a stupid idea!

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 9

This episode was all kinds of awesome and possibly one of my all-time favorites. Loved seeing Mick get some real scenes with both Amaya and Ray, Loved drunken Rip and Wally causing mayhem (Rip got his badass coat back! Gary got pantsed!) and I loved Pirate Amaya, I mean the Dread Pirate Jiwe. So much fun this week I can overlook poor stupid Ray getting captured while the Darkhs once again, as always, come out on top.

Everyone else has already said (more eloquently than I could right now) why Mick and Amaya make such great scenemates, bringing out different sides of each other that we don’t normally see. And Ray’s remark to Mick about how he’s changed for the better was a nice (and overdue) acknowledgement of how Mick has grown. I haven’t been liking Nate and Amaya together all season - IMO they have anti-chemistry and bring every episode to a screeching halt. So I really appreciated getting to see Amaya stand on her own tonight. It reminded me why I liked the character before she got saddled with Nate. Bonus points for the Princess Bride homage, too.

Rip is indeed a douche, Wally, but I love AD so Rip is always welcome on my screen. I haven’t watched Flash so all I’ve seen of Wally is from the crossover eps, but I liked what I saw tonight. His pantsing of Gary while stealing his TimeWatch shows a real flair that will help him fit right in on the Waverider. Also, both of them have really nice singing voices.

Overall, A+ tonight. Now they just need to get Ray back ASAP!

Edited by Maelstrom
  • Love 7

Gideon is like a babysitter who calls Mom and says "I told them not to eat all the chocolate".

Poor Sara. Her first real date in years is ruined because of her own team. Still, I do like her and Ava together.

I wonder what kind of dirt Gary has on Ava and/or the Time Bureau to stay employed.

Rip and Wally worked better as a pairing than I would have thought. But I am curious to see what Rip is actually up to.

Mick and Amaya were definitely the stars here. They were so good together early on in season 2, I'm glad the show remembered that.

• Love 11

"Careless Whisper" by Wham has always been a guilty pleasure for me, so seeing Rip and Wally drunken karaoke singing it was all kinds of awesome. I love their interaction.

Mick helping Maya was sweet.

Sara and Ava were very cute. They both looked fantastic on their date and what a kiss!`

I love that Ray went back to save Nora even though it was a dumb move.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

I am hoping and praying that after Ray gets rescued, Mick finally gives Ray that hug he has always wanted from him. In private, and after swearing Ray to secrecy, of course. 

Ray going to help Nora was certainly dumb, but I can always appreciate what a good guy Ray is, and how much he cares about and wants to help people. He felt guilty, and just did something rash to help, which is pretty solidly in character. He probably didn't ask for backup, because he knew any of his friends would have told him it was a stupid idea!

I say let’s dream big! Mick finally gives Ray that hug he’s always wanted from him, on the bridge in full view of the rest of the team with no way for Mick to walk it back. And I also like that Ray always wants to do the right thing, and always wants to help people no matter the cost to himself. That kind of sincere, good hearted kindness is hard to come by in fiction these days (never mind in real life) so I appreciate Ray’s consistency in always being the nice guy.

Forgot to mention earlier how much I loved Sara using their new catchphrase “Sometimes we screw things up for the better” after the rum changed to being named for Amaya. Hee. Oh, and Sara? That whole wishing you could have a normal life thing? Pretty sure that ship sailed years ago. Pun intended.

• Love 9

Sure enough, like any dysfunctional (and loving) family, when Mom goes out on a date and leaves the keys to the car behind, the kids take it for a joyride and end up in the Bahamas during the 1700s!  Good thing Gideon pretty much assumed babysitting duties and prevented things from getting too far out of hand.  She deserves a raise!

Anyway, anything involving the pirate stuff was a blast and it was not only fun seeing Amaya take front and center this go around, but Mick play a major role as well.  While this show is really excelling at all kinds of pairings, I really enjoy the bond that has formed between these two.  Despite being different in a lot of ways, there really is something I can't quite put my finger on that makes me believe that these two understand each other in ways others can't.  In general, I just love how Mick really tries to be on his best behavior and do what is right with her.  Maisie Richardson-Sellers and Dominic Purcell where both in fine form this episode.

Loved that Blackbeard was basically a coward, who fell in line as soon as Amaya got in his face.  Also loved that Ray and Nate where Ray and Nate and went all out in their pirate looks, while Mick just wore the outfit, but looked like the most clean-shaved pirate of all time.

I can take or leave Sara/Ava (mainly because my heart will always go to Sara/Nyssa), but I really enjoy how Caity Lotz plays it when Sara is more awkward and vulnerable. 

Rip and Wall drunkenly singing karaoke and pulling pranks on Gary was something I never knew I wanted.  Wally already is way more fun on this show compared to his time on The Flash.

Brandon Routh feels guilty over shooting his wife in the back... err, I mean Ray feels guilty for shooting Nora in the back after meeting her as a child, so he goes back to give her a cure, but being his normal doofus self, he stays around way too long and now he's in Damien and Nora's clutches.  Oh, Ray!

• Love 7

Personally, the biggest issue I have with the Darkhs as villains is just that I liked the LoD more. Those guys were arguably the second best adversaries on any of these shows, and that’s a tough act to follow.

Otherwise, I’m fine with the evil daddy daughter team. They’re creepy in a fun way - and, as much as I miss the snark and scheme dynamic of Damian with Thawne and Merlin, it’s interesting to see him “care” about something.

I didn’t quite know what to expect from Rip and Wally because the writers have rarely seemed to know what to do with either character - but apparently drunken karaoke and bonding over how useless they’ve been works.

• Love 2

When Rip first took out the flask I thought he was going to drug Wally and kidnap him but I guess drunk commiserating works just as well. 

So Ava's totally getting fired, right?  The Time Bureau doesn't strike me as the type of organization that would be OK with one of their agents being in a relationship with one of the Legends.  She also seems to have rapidly morphed from uptight bureaucrat to a go with the flow type so maybe she'll decide she's tired of dealing with all of the rules and regulations anyway.

• Love 3

Another fun episode but after this season, Damien really needs to be rested as a character. I have liked Nora a little more than.

Ray really is a boy scout but he shouldn't have set himself up so easily for capture like that at the end of this one.

Loved Amaya in Captain Jiwe mode with Mick as her right hand man. Blackbeard was pretty amusing as well.

Not a whole lot that Nate and Zari really did in this one but they had some good bits of screen time.

Gary's role is just to be humiliated, right? Unless he's secretly working for Mallus or whatnot.

I loved Rip and Wally's scenes throughout this episode. Having them singing Careless Whisper was fantastic.

Sara and Ava, the date was cute, them beating up pirates was better though, 7/10

• Love 5
On 2/26/2018 at 9:07 PM, ketose said:

Agreed. It amazes me that I can love Neal McDonough as an actor so much, and just want him off Legends for good. It's not even that I love to hate Darhk. I just have not enjoyed that character from the moment I saw him. I told my husband last night he's starting to remind me of Sylar from Heroes; nothing will kill or defeat him, and a villain that's too powerful is as frustrating as an ineffective villain. And Nora's almost as bad (adult Nora; my heart went out to teen Nora).

The rest of the episode made up for it, though. My favorite part, surprisingly, was Rip and Wally. I'm not a huge Wally fan, so I put that mostly up to Arthur Darvill, but that karaoke was gold. And, of course, Mick and Amaya. I agree with what everyone has said here about their friendship; the actors do such a good job with no obvious signals. Chemistry, I guess. Oh, and speaking of friendship chemistry, Mick's face when Ray told him that even if he didn't like when he said it, Mick was a better person than he used to be? No obvious grimaces, etc., on Dominic Purcell's part, but man, he sold it. And oh, Ray, you adorable doof. What have you gotten yourself into?

Last, I just don't buy Sara and Ava. On Star Trek: Voyager, they pushed Chakotay and Seven of Nine on us, and that's what it feels like here. I'm not sure if it's that I don't care for the actress, or that they're just trying so hard to make it happen, but it's not working for me or Mr. kirinan. We both agree Sara deserves better.

On 2/27/2018 at 8:15 AM, kirinan said:

Edited by kirinan
Edite
  • Love 7

I won't disagree on Darhk.  He's had one season on The Flash and now two seasons in a row on Legends and that's too long for a character like him.  Thawne felt like a bigger villain last year but Darhk feels like more of a rehash and he was part of the team that failed last year.

I got a kick out of Mick's admission that he read all of their phones.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 4

This was a fun episode.  There was so many things I never knew I wanted.   Things I loved Amaya and Mick, Mick and Ray, Wally and Rip.  I don't watch the Flash but I instantly liked Wally and Careless Whisper is definitely a go to karaoke song.

Thanks to Arrow I will never like Damien Dark.  I find him to be such a weak villain.  His power is so dumb to me.  Poor sweet, dorkable Ray.   I may not have been fond of you on Arrow but I absolutely adore you on Legends.  I never thought I would have written that sentence.

Sara and Ava.  I think my problem is Ava.  I don't know, I just don't see the spark.  

Not enough Zari in this episode.

Edited by ladylaw99
  • Love 6

I love that this show fits so many storylines into 45 minutes and still manages to have team bonding. I think a lot of the shows miss out on having those in almost every episode. 

Zari had an episode last week, this week it was Amaya's turn. It looks like Maise had a blast playing Dread Pirate Captain Jiwe. 

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, kirinan said:

Agreed. It amazes me that I can love Neal McDonough as an actor so much, and just want him off Legends for good. It's not even that I love to hate Darkh. I just have not enjoyed that character from the moment I saw him. I told my husband last night he's starting to remind me of Sylar from Heroes; nothing will kill or defeat him, and a villain that's too powerful is as frustrating as an ineffective villain. 

This is my problem with the Flarrowverse: Omnipotent villains that can never be stopped ... until the last episode of the season. And Darkh's robbed us of even that, repeatedly, now.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, kdm07 said:

I haven't watched Arrow in ages. I guess characters being monumentally stupid is still a thing on that show smh.

Stupid isn't how I'd describe that, I'd say it's more serial killer stalkerish.

Like Amaya would need to threaten men to get them to follow her.  I'd do it without a second's hesitation.

Blackbeard was a hoot.

Nate, are you ready to live in 1942, because that's where your story is going.  He's going to be the grandfather, and I don't see them splitting up Nate and Amaya to let Amaya raise her children by herself.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Jediknight said:

Nate, are you ready to live in 1942, because that's where your story is going.  He's going to be the grandfather, and I don't see them splitting up Nate and Amaya to let Amaya raise her children by herself.

I thought it was a very pointed comment by Amaya when she said she eventually had to go back to 1942 and marry someone else, before going to play naughty sword games with Nate. The guy (Rex Tyler) she was dating in 1942 has been dead a while now. There's only been Nate. Are we seriously to believe that someone on this crew, or at least Gideon, hasn't taken a look at Amaya's history to see who Mari and Kuasa's grandfather was? I'll grant Mick doesn't know because there is no way he could keep his mouth shut if he did, but if it IS Nate it means he'll be leaving too.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 2

You know, just like when he was on Arrow, it seemed Darhk won every damn time. But on reflection, I think Oliver was able to make him lose his magic for a spell.  But on this show? He never FUCKING LOSES. And it's annoying. And boring. And So moustache twirly villainy. And Nora can die anytime now.

Oh, was I supposed to feel sorry for Darhk when he tossed Amaya's amulet to Ray, so he would save Nora? I didn't. Considering the number of people he's killed--who were also somone's daughter, sister, wife, mother, son, brother, husband, father.

At least Ray isn't dead. It looks like he returned to normal, meaning that ghastly near dead cast to his skin is gone. 

I love Sara. But Sara and Ava and I was like...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I did laugh at how Rip got Wally drunk to get the stuff he needed.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5

Everytime I think I can't love Legends more it tops itself.

As a huge Rip fan I loved all the unspoiled screen time he got. He and Wally were really great together.

Glad to get some Ava/Sara pay off. I love Caity & Jes together.

Its hard to go back to Nate/Amaya drama at the end after having such a good Amaya/Mick episode.

I liked Ray going back to help Nora. It's in character for him.

Also enjoyed the moment with Ray & Mick at the end.

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Considering Kuasa tried to kill Nate, she doesn't know who he is. If he is her grandfather, that means Nate either doesn't go back with Amaya or dies before she and Mari are born. 

That's a good point, since Kuasa pretty much came out and said the only reason she wasn't trying to kill Amaya is because she is her grandmother and she knew what that would do to her. The same ought to be true of Nate if he is her grandfather. Unless she doesn't know. Which would seem to imply Nate is either dead or at least not around by the time Kuasa and Mari are old enough to know the difference. Or, of course, I'm completely wrong.

14 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I'm guessing Gideon choose to jump to Star City because she knew that's where Captain Lance was. 

That would make sense. She used the last little bit of control she had left to get back to Sara.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 1

I really love Gideon,  she's just so snarky and go with the flow,  leaving snitching voicemails and making offhand comments about how their totally going to die. 

Jesus,  Ray, I love you,  but you gotta start thinking things through.   Trade the cure for the totem,  great idea.   Hanging around afterwards, mind boggling stupid.  You're a genius, I expect more from you. 

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

But as this is the first time in almost 2 seasons the two characters have actually had a serious scene together, I'm crossing my fingers it was put in there for buildup.

We better have Mick worried about Ray next week!  

11 hours ago, benteen said:

I won't disagree on Darhk.  He's had one season on The Flash and now two seasons in a row on Legends and that's too long for a character like him.  Thawne felt like a bigger villain last year but Darhk feels like more of a rehash and he was part of the team that failed last year.

I got a kick out of Mick's admission that he read all of their phones.

Best part of the episode for me was Mick letting them know that he snoops through their phones!

• Love 2

Wally and Rip singing Careless Whisper in Tokyo in 1992 is just such a Legends thing to do.  This is why this show is so precious.  It had nothing to do with the plot, it doesn't move the narrative forward and yet it was so delightful!  And it wasn't just that it was the pairing of these two singing this song, it was how they were signing it. They were soulful, there were gestures and at one point I think Wally whispered "mind" while pointing to his head.  I mean, come on!

Edited by DearEvette
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Wally and Rip singing Careless Whisper in Tokyo in 1992 is just such a Legends thing to do.  This is why this show is so precious.  It had nothing to do with the plot, it doesn't move the narrative forward and yet it was so delightful!  And it wasn't just that it was the pairing of these two singing this song, it was how they were signing it. They were soulful, there were gestures and at one point I think Wally whispered "mind" while pointing to his head.  I mean, come on!

I think it also goes to show that Legends is the best out of the Flarrowverse shows at balancing out fun and the bad guys as a threat.  Like The Flash, it's supposed to be fun this season, but the team has taken constant loss after loss, but on Legends while Darhk has gotten wins over them a lot, it's still a blast.  In this episode we got Amaya kicking pirate ass despite losing her totem, "Hey you guys", Mick helping out Amaya and encouraging Ray, Sara and Ava's date, Blackbeard being a hoot, Sara and Ava mopping the floor with Blackbeard and his crew, and Wally and Rip stealing Gary's time thingy, pantsing him, and stealing back Rip's coat, just so they can go to karaoke.

The bad guy may get one over on the Legends, but you're going to have a blast.  It also helps that McDonough is clearly loving the fact he gets to chew a lot of scenery in a batshit insane show.

• Love 4

I really enjoyed Dread Pirate Jihwe. When Amaya is sitting there sulking, not realizing how everyone is starting to spin tales about her - hilarious. Of course Mick makes a great pirate anyway. 

The date stuff was okay. I just can`t warm up to the couple. 

Ray is an idiot, though. There is being a good person and there is being a complete dolt and that was the latter. Also not a fan of Courtney Ford. All she does is make crazy eyes. That is her entire character portrayal. 

• Love 1

Can we kill off Ava now?  I really enjoyed Careless Whisper karaoke, but there WAS a point to that.  So many of us are missing Stein and Jax, Wally had to be introduced with a valentine.  Singing with Rip was that valentine.  Now the fans of Jax might say, oh look, that adorkable karaoke-singing Wally, instead of that x-ing Jax replacement, or the secondary speedster on the Flash.  I wish Jax could have stayed because I don't remember Zari being a mechanic.

• Love 2