Type keyword(s) to search

S36.E02: Only Time Will Tell

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, sadiegirl1999 said:

Dom looks like someone but I can't put my finger on it. 

I was thinking he was a sort of beat-up Joey Tribbiani, but someone else on this thread said Michael Costello from Project Runway.

Brandon is an ambulatory Easter Island head.  During the IC, I was shouting for him to stand still so they had a model.

• Love 5

Count me in with folks who can't keep track of the tribe members and who are confused.

Do you know what would be funny? If they had a version of the show with commentary, like in sports, where people explained what is going on to those of us who have a hard time keeping track. They could use visual aids and such.

Also, I hate on Ghost Island how some people don't get "a chance to play".  How boring is that?  Plus, they should give that person good food to give them a slight advantage.

• Love 7
(edited)

I know Donathan, Domenick, Chris, James and Desiree. Not one other name/person.

Table for 1- I don't mind Domenick at all.

Edited by tvfanatic13
Because there is a James but no Jason that I am aware of
  • Love 5

Can't believe I forgot to mention before:  what gives with that extremely protracted booty sequence with the cameras following Stephanie and Jenna's (?) asses as they ran through the jungle, climbed, and crouched down in booty shorts looking for the idol.  I kept thinking, surely they will stop filming these ladies' asses from below.......any...minute....now.  :-/

• Love 11

what gives with that extremely protracted booty sequence with the cameras following Stephanie and Jenna's (?) asses as they ran through the jungle, climbed, and crouched down in booty shorts looking for the idol. 

Not to mention that on one of them, their bikini bottom just doesn't look that durable. If I were going on Survivor, I would make sure that I had a bathing suit that fit properly and could withstand the rigors of the challenges.

21 minutes ago, MoreCoffeePlease said:

Not to mention that on one of them, their bikini bottom just doesn't look that durable. If I were going on Survivor, I would make sure that I had a bathing suit that fit properly and could withstand the rigors of the challenges.

I think those were both regular underpants, not bikini bottoms.  It seems that they aren't given their swim suits until the merge (hence all the nasty undies in the early sequences).  Further on this topic, I am so grateful to James for having the good sense to have (or to insist on with TPTB?) regular boxers.

• Love 5

Read Morgan's exit interview with Gordan. She said the (non) edit that Chelsea is getting is very accurate. She didn't do anything but lay in the shelter. I'm always fascinated by the invisible edit. Is it because the player diddn't do anything or the editors hate you? LOL!!!

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Haleth said:

I agree. It was too soon to switch because there were too many people we've never really seen before.  After the switch I had no idea who came from which team and who was on the respective 4 vs 5 sides, and I still don't know who was betrayed and who is on top.  I kind of liked Morgan so I'm bummed she's gone, but I don't know who her allies were.

This 100 times. Had no clue. 

• Love 3

Did not get my warm and fuzzy "I love this show" feeling after last night's episode. I did not know who half these people were, did not have any conception of who was on what former tribe. Way too soon for a merge; I guess they hit the panic button when that one team lost twice in a row. Mr. Final Rose had to rewind and rewatch the plotting because  he didn't get it either.  Where is my old man or old lady contestant? Not liking the lack of age diversity on this cast. 

BLERGH.

I did like the Easter Island-looking puzzle man. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Read Morgan's exit interview with Gordan. She said the (non) edit that Chelsea is getting is very accurate. She didn't do anything but lay in the shelter. I'm always fascinated by the invisible edit. Is it because the player diddn't do anything or the editors hate you? LOL!!!

There's a Chelsea? Is she part of the complainers?

17 are left - Brendan,Michael,Steph,Jenna,Libby,James,Laurel,Donathan, (8) Chris,Dom,Wendel,Angela,Bradley,Desiree,SeaBass (7)

I am still missing 1! obviously not winning this game,,,

I am beginning to think that the original Malolo would still be the greatest tribe ever lol

they are not aggressive and over-playing castaways like some of the original Naviti 

• Love 1

I'm fine with the early switch. I don't know everybody, and I didn't know Morgan, but who cares about the third boot? I give you the following names: Paul Wachter, Liz Markham, Rachel Foulger (AKA Tyson's girlfriend), Hope Driskill, Angie Layton, Matt Quinlan, Stacey Powell ... you get the point. Morgan was just a by-product of the real story of the episode, which was James's execution of his genius final vote. That was a thing of beauty.

@KimberStormer explained above why it was such a great move, including Libby going along instead of making a lot of noise about keeping Morgan. That was the true story of this episode, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Manolo Four still be a unit at the merge. I would have liked to have known what efforts Libby made to keep Morgan, and her thought process in ultimately making the right move. I fear that the lack of attention paid to this part of the process does not bode well for her, but I also know that pretty blond women often get short-shrift in editing. I don't' necessarily like Libby, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to party with her, but if she was savvy enough to cut her Catholic sister in her own self-interest, I have to root for her at least a little.

17 hours ago, jsm1125 said:

I'm surprised that she is out this early, as I had expected Stephanie's knowledge of her having Jacob's advantage to come to fruition at some point.

It still could. Stephanie is the only one who knows that advantage is in play, and she knows that Morgan must have willed it to someone. Or it could truly be cursed, and that'll give Probst a good ten minutes of blither at the reunion.

17 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

And Sebastian is banana-flavored LaffyTaffy.

At first I thought he said "man-flavored." Artificial banana flavoring is slightly less gross (but only slightly).

17 hours ago, susannot said:

Dang it!  I posted in the wrong forum.  First watched show tonight.  My favs are  James, smart Asian-American guy, a blond female Army vet, and a cute black guy (Donathan?)  Have any of them been voted out or did any of them win something?  Thanks, all.

16 hours ago, princelina said:

Hee hee - Donathan is the gay hillbilly - the cute black guy is Wendell.

7 hours ago, cousin oliver said:

Heh, Donathon had never even seen a black guy until last week.

Oh, @susannot, bless you for making that error. Of all the people you could have mistakenly put Donathan's name on. That thread was a thing of beauty. I hope I'm not coming across as mean; I intend nothing but kindness and delight.

3 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

It is so easy to determine which of this group will move almost to the end. They get the most air time, while others receive absolutely no on cam time and they are fillers, there just to flesh out the numbers and to be voted out early in the game. 

Donathan, Stephanie, Domenick, and James seem to get the most attention from the editors. It seems hard to believe that one of the "invisible" players will quietly move to the end because the producers like to show "the journey." 

Sometimes a winner emerges around merge-time. And I think it's still too early to say that all the people who have been highlighted (and how could you forget Chris?) are in it for the long-haul. Dom or Stephanie could easily be the "surprise" boot shortly before the merge because they're playing too hard. But I do think that Donathan's hero edit last week and Chris's Mom breakdown suggest that they are merge-bound at least.

I must say I'm pleased to see that people are giving just as much shit to Chris as they give to any women that cry. I was worried that those who hate the lady criers would find Chris's ghost island experience to be all sensitive-boy-sweet. I'm cool with anyone's crying, anytime.

2 minutes ago, piequinn35 said:

17 are left - Brendan,Michael,Steph,Jenna,Libby,James,Laurel,Donathan, (8) Chris,Dom,Wendel,Angela,Bradley,Desiree,SeaBass (7)

I am still missing 1! obviously not winning this game,,,

Kellyn! She could be a long-shot to emerge in the next weeks.

• Love 6

Just how many HIIs are there out there?  We know Dom has one, that other generic good-looking alpha male guy (no idea about his name) has one, and now the ginormous plaque from China was found.  That puts three real idols and two really fake idols in play at the moment.   Or have I miscounted?

Maybe that is the big twist this season...both camps are saturated with idols and advantages, plus the Ghost Island offerings.   These unexpected riches will make for increasingly chaotic tribal councils.

Dislikes:  Lots of whining and crying on this episode.   Likes:  No private whispers at Tribal Council, and a real blindside.  (Though I wish the blindside strategy had been shown to us viewers so we could truly appreciate the art of the deal.)

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

Just how many HIIs are there out there?  We know Dom has one, that other generic good-looking alpha male guy (no idea about his name) has one, and now the ginormous plaque from China was found.  That puts three real idols and two really fake idols in play at the moment.   Or have I miscounted?

Whose that? I thought only 2 HIIs from Dom and Michael?

56 minutes ago, piequinn35 said:

Is she part of the Malolo complainers? :))

Ugh. She's the cutesy one who dropped that pukeworthy line about 'treasure boxes' at the tribe swap and then pulled a 'funny' face and cavorted as she collected the Immunity Idol later on. Other than that she sometimes wears specs, is blonde but plain, and has had a few forgettable confessionals. Was purple, is orange now. Jeff seems to think she's a goer for some reason. That's all I got.

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

That weird hippie guy looks like Ozzy in a very strange way.  Like Ozzy mixed with a gremlin or something. 

I nearly lost it at this! It's so true!

4 hours ago, MoreCoffeePlease said:

If I were going on Survivor, I would make sure that I had a bathing suit that fit properly and could withstand the rigors of the challenges.

Well, you'd have to just hope and pray that's what Production decided you should have.

1 hour ago, HurricaneVal said:

I believe there are only two HIIs. Dom has one (Andrea's) and Michael has the other (James'). And that should be all until merge because it's usually one per tribe, I think. Unless one of them is used before merge and then it'll be replanted I assume.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

The first episode was the worst for me, but they haven't set up a lot of the people in the cast. We've had three episodes now (I count the two hour premiere as 2 eps)  that have touched on this Chris v Domenick feud and their tribe didn't go to tribal till the 3rd ep and even then Chris was missing.

I don't mind Domenick, he's there to stir things up and that has a place, but the edit needed to focus on others.

They do the switch fairer than sometimes in the past anyway, they clearly do it so it's a 5/4 split on both tribes.

3 hours ago, piequinn35 said:

There's a Chelsea? Is she part of the complainers?

Yes she is part of the complainer group. Though to be fair to Chelsea we don't know whether or not she herself is doing any actual complaining since through 3 episodes we have yet to hear her voice.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Brookside said:

I do like Jeff's torch snuffer.  In fact, I like Jeff, though no-one else here seems to.

I love Jeff!  Just as I love Survivor!

7 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

That weird hippie guy looks like Ozzy in a very strange way.  Like Ozzy mixed with a gremlin or something.  I don't mean to be mean I'm sure he's cute to some people.  Just will take some getting used to. 

That's what I told Mr P - he looks kind of like an alien or something :)

• Love 4

I loved that they managed to get a 4-3-1 vote. Didn't expect Morgan to go home at all. And the vote left an interesing dynamic there. It will be interesting once Chris get back.

The episode also highlighted a few players like James and Libby that didn't get much screentime before. Overall, good episode.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Maya said:

I’ve been calling him “Tall Donald Glover” in my mind. 

Every time I heard his name I started singing "Mr. Wendell" by Arrested Development.  Couldn't help myself.

• Love 2

I agree with all the comments about not knowing who these people are.  They spent so little time on the women last week that it can't really count as a blindside to the audience when many of us didn't know these names or what tribe they started on.

All of the blondish women blend together for me.  Now one of them is gone.  Was Angela the one who was Chris' ally and has the blonde hair and squinty eyes?   Which one is Libby?  I think the original orange people all voted for Morgan and 3 of the original purple voted for Angela and 1 voted for Libby?  

I don't mind Chris.  I think he's playing hard and Dominick gunned for him so I don't blame him for wanting Dominick out.  I don't care for Dominick at all.  And I think he resembles the late Trevor Goddard, the Australian actor who played Kano in the first Mortal Kombat movie and Commander Mick Brumby on "JAG".

I thought we established that the contestants bring various items of clothing and production picks their outfit.  I didn't think production forced any clothing on them.  If so, why wouldn't they give Desiree a better bra or sports top?   I think these men pick their own underwear, and if so, I am raising my eyebrow at those who purposely pick flashy tight underpants (Michael and Sebastian). If you bring four pairs of "normal" underwear the producers only can pick from what you bring, right?

As such I had a lot of dislike for the (still nameless) skinny guy that thought we needed to see his skimpy light blue trunk style underwear.  No thanks.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

You have miscounted.

Jacob made a fake idol on GI, but it appears that he took that home with him.

Dominic has a real HII he found, and a fake that he made.

"That other generic good-looking alpha male guy" is Michael, and "the ginormous plaque from China" was the idol he found.

And there's the Legacy Advantage that Morgan had (and had to will to someone else on her ouster) which confers immunity at 13 or 6, depending when the holder uses it.

Which means that, thus far, there are 2 real HIIs, 1 fake idol, and 1 Advantage in play.

(edited)
33 minutes ago, SVNBob said:

And there's the Legacy Advantage that Morgan had (and had to will to someone else on her ouster) which confers immunity at 13 or 6, depending when the holder uses it.

Ignore that!

Edited by violet and green
19 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I enjoyed that ep. This season is already eons better than I expected it to be. I hope it continues.

The only thing I found confusing in this ep was when New Yellow was deciding who from New Purple to send to GI. I don't really understand why Stephanie didn't want Donathan to go. Donathan was outnumbered on his new tribe and he's seen as the weakest member, so I would think him going to GI would be good since then he couldn't be voted out and Stephanie would still have a chance to use him later to stuff in small spaces. Although maybe she just wanted to make sure one or all of the other Old Yellow tribe members were safe because she's closer to them. I'm not really sure exactly what the old tribe dynamics were since it's early.

I for one like an early tribe swap. I hope they swap them again before merge, too. It just makes it more interesting imo. And, for some reason, I know who they all are and what tribes they were initially on, so I don't find it that confusing.

Yep, I'm usually way more confused as to who everyone is at this point in a 20-person season. I don't know if it was the tribe swap or what, but I have an oddly clear idea of who most of them are. There are a couple of name/face combinations I'm not clear on, but I can sort of pick where everyone is in the grand scheme of new/old tribes and vague alliances.

I read it as Stephanie saw sending Donathan to GI would guarantee an Old-Malolo went home, because it would be 5-3. If she sends them to rocks, she's got a 54% chance of one of the five Old-Nativi drawing the white rock, and it ending up 4-4, which means Old-Malalo has a fighting shot. The Nativi guys who suggested Donathan seemed to expect that would happen, and be fine with it. 

I don't really love any of these people but so far I'm enjoying this season more than the last one (which isn't hard). I did notice that after last weeks confessional sausage-fest, a lot more of the confessionals this week seemed to be by women - I don't know the stats and I wouldn't even be surprised if it was still only 50-50 (or less), but it *seemed* like more than usual. Unfortunately, that meant we met Kellyn, who just seems... awful. 

Agree with whoever said that James' HII was kind of ridiculous, logistically. Imagine if one of the women had found it. No 'I have the idol and it's in my crotch' possibilities there.

I'm cautiously optimistic for now. But my early optimism is usually the kiss of death for a season so apologies in advance. 

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, blackwing said:

Was Angela the one who was Chris' ally and has the blonde hair and squinty eyes?   Which one is Libby?  I think the original orange people all voted for Morgan and 3 of the original purple voted for Angela and 1 voted for Libby?  

I don't mind Chris.  I think he's playing hard and Dominick gunned for him so I don't blame him for wanting Dominick out.  I don't care for Dominick at all.

Yes, Angela is this years lone oldy person and a "real" persona/applicant.  Libby  was recruited, I'm theorizing from Probst's interview, in response for Jeff wanting to cast an Andrea.  She had never watched Survivor but apparently watched some or all of the shows before the game.  She said in an interview that she related to Elizabeth Hasselback. 

1 hour ago, MissEwa said:

I read it as Stephanie saw sending Donathan to GI would guarantee an Old-Malolo went home, because it would be 5-3. If she sends them to rocks, she's got a 54% chance of one of the five Old-Nativi drawing the white rock, and it ending up 4-4, which means Old-Malalo has a fighting shot. The Nativi guys who suggested Donathan seemed to expect that would happen, and be fine with it. 

And thankyou and someone else up thread (I repped you but didn't quote sorry) for explaining that because I suck at strategy.  I thought that was pretty amazing of Stephanie to figure out on the fly like that.  Or maybe they have more time for those decisions on the beach IDK, but still she was the one that spoke up.  She has been doing a great strategic job so far.  

Edited by marys1000
  • Love 2

I want to make sure I have this straight since I was so confused watching the episode.  I still don't know who was on which tribe originally or now.  The names and the color designations mean nothing.  But... currently James and three other people (Libby and 2 others?) were the minority on their current tribe.  Chris, Angela, Morgan and 2 others were the majority.  Chris gets sent to GI leaving 4-4 at TC.  The majority people decide to throw Angela (their own tribemate) under the bus and ask James et al to vote for her, expecting a 7-1 vote.  Instead James and his other 3 vote for Morgan, Morgan plus 2 vote for Angela, and Angela votes for someone else, 4-3-1.  Is that how it happened?  If I'm understanding this correctly, James is indeed very smart to flip the scenario and whoever thought it was a good time to vote out one of their own is a dumbass.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yes, I think that's it.  James, Libby, Donathan and Laurel with neither Donathan or Laurel seeming to have much to say:) 

The original members of the other tribe have a strong  of Domenick, Wendell,  Morgan (now gone)and Bradley and Kellyn now on the other tribe.  Angela is an original member of their tribe but was in a different alliance they've been targeting from the beginning.  I guess they were taking the opportunity to break up Chris and Angela and using it as an overture of trust to the other side.  See we said we would vote out Angela and we did so you can trust us.......by voting out Chris next I guess.  Here's something from Morgan's exit interview  (she goes out of her way to slam Angela in every interview.  I hoping that's just sour grapes)

She also blames Dom showing his fake idol as screwing her by causing mistrust. 

I've been reading all her exit interviews (pretty repetitive) and she keeps going on and on about being Domenicks Amber since Domenick was her Boston Rob.  They were soooo close and slept in the sand and watched stars on the beach - but she didn't know about his real idol:)  

Let’s talk about the dynamics on old Naviti. We didn’t see too many specifics, only the building rivalry between Chris and Domenick. Was that as visible to you all as it was on the show, and is it safe to say you were on Domenick’s side?
Correct. Right off the bat, as soon as we step on the beach and Domenick says he disagrees with Chris pulling the lever in the first challenge, it was like full-on war right there. It was Domenick versus Chris. Chris wanted Domenick out from the beginning; he made that very clear. I wasn’t in an alliance with Domenick exactly–it was more me, Wendell, and Kellyn–[but] we all knew how Chris was feeling. He wasn’t very shy about that. Our initial target was Angela, and it was five versus five. It was split right down the middle, so had we gone [to Tribal Council before the swap], it would have been very interesting. We could have maybe swayed Sebastian to our side. But it would have been interesting to see how that would have played out. I don’t think I would have been a target since Domenick and Chris were going after each other and we wanted Angela out from the get-go.

So that may explain why, at this Tribal Council, you, Domenick, and Wendell decide to go for Angela, despite the fact that you’re essentially cannibalizing your original tribe. What made her such an appetizing target at that time?
She was Chris’s right-hand man. We never really trusted her from the original Naviti alliance. She wasn’t really good at forming those bonds and relationships with people. You’d ask her how she is and she’d just say, “I don’t want to talk about it.” She didn’t want to talk about anything. I know she was dealing with a lot with the military. But I didn’t really get to know her, and she [wasn’t great] in the challenges, so we didn’t really need her. She seemed like one of those followers; she was going to do whatever Chris wanted. But we didn’t form that bond with her, so we didn’t know what she was thinking. She talked to the Malolo people a lot, [we thought], “What is she talking about?” We just never trusted her from the beginning. And at that Tribal, she was completely clueless. She had no clue what we were doing; she had no clue what Malolo was doing. She was so far out there it was pretty comical.

Edited by marys1000
19 hours ago, Special K said:

Can't believe I forgot to mention before:  what gives with that extremely protracted booty sequence with the cameras following Stephanie and Jenna's (?) asses as they ran through the jungle, climbed, and crouched down in booty shorts looking for the idol.  I kept thinking, surely they will stop filming these ladies' asses from below.......any...minute....now.  :-/

Yeah, that was gratuitous. The editors also never seem to miss an opportunity to show a wardrobe malfunction. One of the women had some unintended exposure during the challenge, and you could practically hear the editors salivating over another opportunity to pull out the blurrer. And I really dislike that they put these guys in fitted boxer-briefs/compression shorts. The juvenile tracking of Survivor Bulges at Survivor Sucks is particularly appalling.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, blackwing said:

All of the blondish women blend together for me.  Now one of them is gone.

Morgan was a brunette.

If you bring four pairs of "normal" underwear the producers only can pick from what you bring, right?

I'm not sure that's true. They can likely just say that nothing you brought works and just give you what they want you to wear.

After being blah about the opener, I've perked up after this episode. That was fun, some people are playing well, and while I don't know all the names I was able to remember who was from which team based on whether or not I had seen them at trial council.

I also like it that editing seems to be less obvious so far, for the 3 episodes.

To the poster above (sorry, can't remember who, read it yesterday) who saw the resemblance between Sebastian and Ozzy: Yes!! Last week, I too thought that Seb looked like a long-lost half brother of Ozzy's, who got the same genes body shape-wise, but an other set for the face. And sounded more stoned that Ozzy ever did :) Never thought about the Gremlin mix, but the image gave me a good laugh.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, marys1000 said:

And at that Tribal, she was completely clueless. She had no clue what we were doing; she had no clue what Malolo was doing. She was so far out there it was pretty comical.

So if Morgan is saying they never trusted Angela, I guess I'm still confused.   Why would Dominick think that getting rid of an original purple was a good idea?  With Chris away, it was 4-4.  Shouldn't he have expected that the original orange would stick together?  If the original purple had stuck together they at least could have had a 4-4 tie.  

Instead he decides to just get rid of someone simply because he doesn't like Chris.  So now one of the original purple is gone, and there is still a 4-4 split.  If New Orange  wins again and a random draw sends one of the original purples of the New Purple to Ghost, then Dominick's side is screwed.   Really not well thought out on his part.  Very poor gameplay all because of his personal dislike of Chris.  He deserves to lose.

• Love 2

This episode was poorly edited.  Where were the chyrons?  Three episodes in and they couldn't stick their names under them for the confessionals even?  I don't need what BB does where any time one player mentions another, even on episode 42, they flash a shot of said player.  But a chyron or two on ep 3 would be nice!  We also had no idea who was who, who was from what original tribe, etc.  Usually the editing is good.  

How did Donathan get all of the airtime in Episodes 1 & 2 and then nothing? I don’t even like him but it was kind of odd. He returned from Ghost Island and stood on the mat before the challenge and then nothing. I wonder if he even had a say in the vote? I guess the next episode will determine if he’s apart of the team decisions or not. 

(edited)
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Morgan was a brunette.

Nope, blonde. Unless she has that kind of hair that looks different depending on what kind of lighting she's standing in.  (Edited to add: I also found pics of her where her hair looks 100% brown so who knows.)

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Rachel RSL
2 hours ago, blackwing said:

So if Morgan is saying they never trusted Angela, I guess I'm still confused.   Why would Dominick think that getting rid of an original purple was a good idea?  With Chris away, it was 4-4.  Shouldn't he have expected that the original orange would stick together?  If the original purple had stuck together they at least could have had a 4-4 tie.  

Instead he decides to just get rid of someone simply because he doesn't like Chris.  So now one of the original purple is gone, and there is still a 4-4 split.  If New Orange  wins again and a random draw sends one of the original purples of the New Purple to Ghost, then Dominick's side is screwed.   Really not well thought out on his part.  Very poor gameplay all because of his personal dislike of Chris.  He deserves to lose.

Dom and Chris have been at each others throat since the first challenge. Dom was the one who raised his hand and said he disagreed with Chris's decision to end the challenge and save the fishing gear. At that moment, the war was on. Dom wanted to get rid of Chris and was unhappy that Chris was sent to Ghost Island so Dom targeted Chris's alliance, Angela. Chris was targeting Dom and would have tried to vote Dom out if neither of them had gone to Ghost Island.

Chris did exactly what he warned Angela not to do. Chris was playing with his heart and his emotions by targeting Dom. Angela wanted to keep the purple tribe together. Dom wants to make big moves and thinks that he is an awesome Survivor player and is more then willing to target Chris. I have no idea why Wendell and Morgan listened to Dom. I think Dom, Wendell and Morgan wanted to avoid a rock draw and were willing to sacrifice Angela to guarantee their safety at that tribal.

The Orange tribe did exactly what they should do. They voted as a foursome and created a nice little division with the purple tribe. Dom and Wendell voted for Angela, who is not going to trust them. 

It was impressive watching Chris and Dom play so poorly and James play so well.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm actually just as bored/confused by the idols as I am by the cast. It's bad enough that there are free idols all over the place, but if each one has a different set of rules associated with it, I feel like I should be watching these episodes in slow motion with a score card. I'm trying to like this show again, I really am. Hell, I'd even settle for hating it again, because that was fun too. It saddens me that I haven't finished a season in... I think it's actually been two or three years now. But this season is not making it easy to get back into it. I've already decided that this will not be my "watch when it airs" show. The next step after that is usually just forgetting to catch up on it later, because it's hard to care what a bunch of people I can't remember are doing with a bunch of idols that I can't remember, when there's always somebody exempt from being voted out anyway, regardless of whether or not they even have an idol yet, and we're not actually going to see any strategy discussions from most of them anyway, because the only thing the editors seem to have any consistant interest in is the Chris/Dom rivalry, which I'm really not that fascinated by.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

This episode was poorly edited.  Where were the chyrons?  Three episodes in and they couldn't stick their names under them for the confessionals even?  I don't need what BB does where any time one player mentions another, even on episode 42, they flash a shot of said player.  But a chyron or two on ep 3 would be nice!  We also had no idea who was who, who was from what original tribe, etc.  Usually the editing is good.  

Good point. Something like xxx, previously yyy, now zzz, would have been helpful.

3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

How did Donathan get all of the airtime in Episodes 1 & 2 and then nothing? I don’t even like him but it was kind of odd. He returned from Ghost Island and stood on the mat before the challenge and then nothing. I wonder if he even had a say in the vote? I guess the next episode will determine if he’s apart of the team decisions or not. 

Well, he was talked about a lot in Ep 1 and 2, not so much in Ep 3. I'm all for multiple people getting featured, and I'd rather have a big cast that a cast dominated with one or two mains, and the others very obvious background characters.

3 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

Nope, blonde. Unless she has that kind of hair that looks different depending on what kind of lighting she's standing in.  (Edited to add: I also found pics of her where her hair looks 100% brown so who knows.)

maxresdefault.jpg

Young Joan Cusack, anyone?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, blackwing said:

I think she talks about this around 3/4s of the way through the tape but I can't understand what is being said.  I do think I heard her mention not wanting rocks at some point.

http://www.goldderby.com/article/2018/morgan-ricke-survivor-ghost-island-exit-interview-podcast-curse-news/

So slightly different than a cast look a like a cast what previous player are they...

Domenick - Boston Rob

Sebastian - Ozzy

Libby - an Andrea or a Hasselbeck

Jacob - Cochran

Any others?

Donathan

Stephanie

Jenna

Chelsea

Angela

Bradley

Brendan

Chris

James

Michael

Laurel

Desiree

Wendell

Kellyn

Gonzalez

Morgan

(edited)

For the life of me I couldn't figure out who Angela was, and I read the cast bios.  Then when I heard Angela, I thought, "Makes sense.  She looks like Angela from The Office."  

Wendell doesn't look like a Survivor but even HE mentions Donald Glover and Childish Gambino at least 3 times when referring to himself in his pre-show interviews.  And one of the castmates said she thought he actually WAS Donald Glover for a while.  The fact Wendell himself name drops it makes me think the show suggested he do it.  As they do.

Angela.png

Donald_Glover_TIFF_2015.jpg

Edited by Guest

Dominick sees an opportunity to get rid of Chris's faction.

However, the four he needs have a different agenda.

Ergo, Dom underestimated the votes he counted on, who turned out to be people with their own agenda (s). 

Sucker!?  

On 3/7/2018 at 9:03 PM, Michichick said:

I guess I was distracted because when it came time for the voting, I didn't know which side anyone was on or really, even who Morgan and Angela were. Probably I should rewatch.

Indeed.  This is the problem when you throw every twist and turn into the mix.  How can there be intrigue between the former team members when we haven't yet gotten to know which ones were previously together.  Were Morgan and Angela on the same team previously and the group of them decided to agree to boot one of their own?  What happened? 

• Love 1