Type keyword(s) to search

S36.E02: Only Time Will Tell

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I agree about the tribe switch being confusing. I felt like I tuned into a new season and had no idea what was going on. Last week I thought I was figuring out some of the people but now I don’t really recognize anyone. 

• Love 12
(edited)

Yeah, they should have waited another Tribal Council before the switch up. While I think I know everyone I would have liked to get a better handle who is working with who and who were tight or not. That said, it was a solid episode with a great challenge and fun Tribal Council. Although, I would have preferred that Morgan stayed and Angela had been voted out. I just liked Morgan overall and thought she was going to win. Man! Was I ever wrong. She didn’t even make the merge. Is she still dateable? 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 12

Shut up, Stephanie. Too cocky. I don't like her and I don't have a rational reason why.

You may have a reason if it’s along the lines why I can’t stand her which is....she thinks she’s hot, and uh, she’s not. I think last week she referred to her hotness as a hidden strength and I was all, bitch please.

I watched the ep, was completely confused, came here, saw that I wasn’t insane (at least, not for *that* reason), have watched it again...it doesn’t get much clearer on a second viewing. Except that Morgan going on and on about how she loves Libby is painful in its irony.

• Love 9

Yeah, Angela, being on Survivor is exactly like being in the military.  Ffs. She is just annoying in general.

There's a Kellyn?

"Dominick probably has the idol." "I know it."  Er, well, which is it, Chris? We know the answer, but he needs to not be wishy washy when talking to the others. It's too bad he's turning people off, because I would love to see Dominick go down.

I'm really not liking Brendan. He's an annoying whiner.

How does being Catholic make you bond mates?

Oh, jeez, Chris sack up.

Dominick is going to win this thing, isn't he?  Another Tony, the douchiest guy on the show wins it.

Only women got votes.  And why Morgan?

• Love 4

Why would they do a swap so early, before we’ve even learned anyone’s name, much less the relationships between the players? I had a lot of trouble keeping former tribes straight so the strategizing wasn’t as meaningful. 

Morgan flared her nostrils so hard, it looks painful. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Terrible season so far.

Tribe swap in episode 2. Cast full of dullards. Production outright ignoring half the contestants. Incessant name-dropping. People repeating the same old mistakes (irony!). Dumb ghost island which has so far produced nothing but a 50/50 game. Remember when they had people do challenges at Exile? That was lame too but it's better than watching a meathead get pissy-eyed.

Edited by pfk505
  • Love 7

Not much to add, but nice that Donathan seemed to do well in the competition and was off the radar for elimination this week. Hope James is good at strategizing because he sucks in the competitions.

• Love 12

Talk about a blindside. I didn't see the Malolo four targeting Morgan, especially because Libby and her seemed to get along right away. I give them props for staying loyal to their tribe and picking off a Naviti member, knowing the other Naviti members were targeting Angela. That was a perfect strategy, but I was hoping that Angela was going to go. I liked Morgan. 

When will Ghost Island become interesting? They have "No game for you" in two urns in a row? It seems boring right now.

• Love 9
(edited)
10 minutes ago, TVFan1 said:

Talk about a blindside. I didn't see the Malolo four targeting Morgan, especially because Libby and her seemed to get along right away. I give them props for staying loyal to their tribe and picking off a Naviti member, knowing the other Naviti members were targeting Angela. That was a perfect strategy, but I was hoping that Angela was going to go. I liked Morgan. 

When will Ghost Island become interesting? They have "No game for you" in two urns in a row? It seems boring right now.

This is one thing I'm nervous about when it comes to GI-I think it can be easily manipulated.  There's really no way to tell if they purposely change out the urn to say 'no game for you' or whatever the cursed object is depending whose there.  I wasn't surprised Donathan got a no game for you.  Nor was I surprised that all Jacob got was Sierra's legacy advantage.  Which might already win the season for most cursed object, considering it's already changed hands twice.

I am cautiously excited about this season.  I do hope next week proves as interesting, though if NuMalolo loses the IC I'm guessing someone will get picked off by the old Naviti members of that tribe.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I'm wondering if the tribal switch happened so soon because after the first two challenges and few days, the producers feared a potential Pagonging of Malolo and decided viewers would not be interested in that.

I think this is exactly it. Given that challenges combine immunity and rewards right now, once a tribe has won twice in a row, I think they aggregate too many advantages—both in terms of rewards and the ability to sit people out in future challenges—that it makes it increasingly likely that the losing tribe will continue to lose. This happens on three tribe seasons as well because they give rewards to both winning tribes instead of just the one that comes in first, which is why those seasons always seem to feature a tribe that is a complete disaster in challenges. However, I agree that it seems a little soon for a tribe swap.

42 minutes ago, TVFan1 said:

I give them props for staying loyal to their tribe and picking off a Naviti member, knowing the other Naviti members were targeting Angela.

1 hour ago, piequinn35 said:

Great strategy by exMalolo alliance, if Naviti  loses again, it would be Chris/Angela vs Dom/Wendell and exMalolo will decide who’s fucked.

I think James was the MVP of the episode for organizing that. He's the one who realized that if Angela was the target of the other three original Naviti, then the original Malolo could be the ones to choose who was going home. If he noticed that Libby and Morgan had established a rapport during their brief time together, then he was doubly smart in choosing Morgan as the person to target (of course, it might have been someone else who pushed for Morgan, but that's not what we were shown). At any rate, Morgan's ouster lessens the link that Libby has to another alliance, and maintains the Chris/Angela vs Domenick/Wendell division among the original Naviti members of his tribe. Neither Domenick nor Chris are going to be willing to draw rocks for each other.

Unfortunately for James, I don't see him as  a winner. He's smart and well-spoken (Probst even complimented him on his apt usage of the phrase "information imbalance" during Tribal Council in the first episode), so someone's bound to put it together that he's a strategic threat and would probably put in a strong performance in front of the jury as it's being built, and at Final Tribal Council, in particular.

33 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

This is one thing I'm nervous about when it comes to GI-I think it can be easily manipulated.  There's really no way to tell if they purposely change out the urn to say 'no game for you' or whatever the cursed object is depending whose there.

My impression was that people have a free choice about which urn to break, and for whatever reason, everyone who has gone to Ghost Island has chosen to break the urns in sequential order from left to right—possibly because Jacob chose to break the one furthest to the left and the others assumed they had to/decided to go in order. Of course, this doesn't preclude producer interference. They could fix it so that all of the urns are empty for certain visitors to Ghost Island. However I'm inclined to believe that the urns are the same for every visitor and players are simply following a pattern for choosing urns without really thinking about whether or not they have to.

• Love 11

Wheeee!  I thought that was great.  I liked Morgan, but it was the best choice from the perspective of both gameplay and TV, I think.  OldMalolo did what I always want the minority alliance to do, stick together like glue and operate from a position of strength.  I haven't been a huge James fan but he did great this time, reasoned out the best course of action.  Either the OldNavitis were really going after Angela, in which case the four OldMalolos could vote whoever they wanted and win, or they were telling lies and the worst that could happen was a revote/rock draw.  As it is, it worked out completely perfectly -- blew OldNaviti completely apart as they voted for Angela, who will never trust them again.  Beautiful!  Although Libby losing her possible ally is bad, I think she did the right thing in going with Morgan as the vote -- it's not worth using that political capital to save the lady she just met.  And we may finally see the legacy advantage actually passed down several times during the course of the show, so its curse might be broken indeed: not for the players, but for the producers, who finally get what they wanted out of it!  (Although it's too bad poor Morgan doesn't get real last words and has to spend them on the passing it down.  Is the person she passed it to considered a spoiler, since it came after the preview??)

Selfishly, I like Wendell so I was glad to see him spared, though either choice would have worked.  He solidified my good regard by talking back to Probst.  I was as surprised as anyone by the emergence of Bradley, but I don't think we need to worry about not knowing who he is -- surely they wouldn't give this "entitled whiny dickhead" edit to the winner.  On the other hand, I wasn't surprised by Chris breaking down "so early"...this is exactly when everyone breaks down on Survivor, around the end of the first week; it always has been this way and it always will be.  The first few days are excitement and adrenaline, then the exhaustion sets in, and the realness, and the fact that it's going to keep on going this way: you don't get a break, there's no weekend, you're going to be miserable, starving, cold, and barely sleeping for the foreseeable future.  Then you begin to get used to it, and by the end, when you go home, like Yul you find yourself hoarding food and like James (China/Micronesia/HvV James) you sleep on the floor because you're used to being outside and you're afraid to sleep on a bed....

4 hours ago, princelina said:

I wouldn't call it rigged - but Jeff approached each tribe with a separate basket, and I assume each basket had 5 purple and 4 orange buffs in it.

I think for every swap he always has two baskets, one for men and one for women, to ensure an even split between tribes.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

This was the episode that made me decide to quit watching. They all act alike and the guys all wear the same underwear. It would take forever to figure out who’s who. 

Tonight's show was confusing and horribly boring.  Way too much strategizing about people whose names, never mind faces, I didn't recognize; not enough challenge action.

I gave up watching after about 15 minutes but I kept the show on as background noise, and looked up near the end to see who the woman with the incredibly annoying voice was.  It was Morgan.  I didn't pay attention to TC because I realized I had no idea what anyone was talking about, or who was being targeted.  Morgan's ouster wasn't a blindside to me, just a pleasant surprise.

I do like Jeff's torch snuffer.  In fact, I like Jeff, though no-one else here seems to.

• Love 2
(edited)

IMO, this is probably one of the worst starts I can remember to a Survivor season because, as everybody has already stated, this cast is so uncharismatic and completely blends together. Even the characters that you expect to play the loud overbearing assholes (Chris, Dom) types are generic as hell. I'm usually great with names and faces but they put together a group with about four women and four men who seem to share a lot of facial characteristics and it's very disconcerting .

Nobody seems to shine in front of the camera. Devoting most of your first two episodes to your second boot and then pulling a tribe flip was such a bad decision by production. 

Just a disaster so far. 

Edited by loki567
  • Love 5

Oh, good. I thought it was just me. My head feels like scrambled egg after watching that. I had to rewind every scene, sometimes twice, draw a map and color in under people's names, be glad my fave Donathan was safe as he wasn't at tribal council, hang on he was!

And I have no idea why the old orange people banded together to get their new friend Morgan out, when they could have got Angela out... What purpose did blindsiding Morgan do?? I was just thinking, oh phew there's a few good strong interesting women, after all, and they go and boot her, damn! And I can't stand winsome Princess Sparkles/Libby with her carefully posed and dressed confessionals, who I guess will now be in there until the final three, working my last nerve.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, susannot said:

Dang it!  I posted in the wrong forum.  First watched show tonight.  My favs are  James, smart Asian-American guy, a blond female Army vet, and a cute black guy (Donathan?)  

Heh, Donathon had never even seen a black guy until last week.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

Perhaps if they had not begun dropping the Ghosty stuff at the main camps they could have used Ghost Island for something interesting....

OK, so Dom seems to be so proud of his stupid fake idol play that everyone has seen through. First Chris believes that the fake was the real thing, which did not help Dom because Dom has a real idol so he essentially tricked Chris into believing that Dom has a real idol. This episode Dom tells folks how he made a fake idol and fooled Chris only to have James see through it and figure out that Dom has a real idol and just made a fake idol to throw people off of the trail of the real idol.

So Dom's brilliant, tricky play has fooled no one because it has told everyone that he has a real idol and is trying to fool them all making Dom more of a target. So good work Dom? I think.

On the plus side, Dom's idiocy tells us that there are people who have actually watched the show closely enough to know that Dom is an idiot. James and Chris have clearly demonstrated that they know idol play and some of the intricacies of idol play. And Brendon's (PE teacher/Coach dude) knew to ask Jacob about the note and see through Jacob's BS. So good on casting for casting folks who know something about the game.

And another plus, the minority tribe is smart enough to work together in both the tribes. On the one tribe, they lied as a team to the majority tribe and voted out one of their members. Granted, Dom and comp wanted to vote out Angela so there was already movement to make the tribe 4-4 but the Morgan vote out was brilliant because it isolated Dom and whoever else it was who voted for Angela. So now it is 4-2-2 because Chris and Angela will not work with Dom and fourth person whose name I totally don't remember which puts the 4 in the majority. That was some seriously great game play.

The Brendon led four (I totally don't remember the names of the other three. I think one is Michael and Stephanie but I can't remember the other woman's name) are working to stay together and find an idol as a group. So good work there. The whining from the original purple tribe members is insanely awful. Just shut up and deal with a camp in dirt and not sand.

So we have one group that is smart and piecing things together and another who think they are smart and are tripping themselves up.

Now if I could get the names down I would be in ok shape.

9 hours ago, Mumbles said:

You may have a reason if it’s along the lines why I can’t stand her which is....she thinks she’s hot, and uh, she’s not. I think last week she referred to her hotness as a hidden strength and I was all, bitch please.

I watched the ep, was completely confused, came here, saw that I wasn’t insane (at least, not for *that* reason), have watched it again...it doesn’t get much clearer on a second viewing. Except that Morgan going on and on about how she loves Libby is painful in its irony.

You do seem to like to use the word bitch...

• Love 8
(edited)
9 hours ago, Maya said:

I’ve been calling him “Tall Donald Glover” in my mind. 

I feel like this should be called Survivor: Doppelganger. 

Wendell looks like Donald Glover, Angela=Tilda Swinton, Jenna looks like a blonde Mandy Moore, Morgan looks like Natascha McElhone. Adding in Libby=Elizabeth Hasselbeck

Even Dom looks like someone but I can't put my finger on it. 

Also, how do they hide that huge HII that was James' in China? That thing is huge! 

Edited by sadiegirl1999
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

This was the episode that made me decide to quit watching. They all act alike and the guys all wear the same underwear. It would take forever to figure out who’s who. 

NOBODY LEAVES! 

Come on you guys, it always takes a few episodes for people to sort out as they get featured.

We now know:

Desiree --  Had lacy bra, now has shirt, had trouble with the jump back and forth challenge

Donavan -- Kate McKinnon Kentucky guy who dared to dive for balls.

James -- Who was afraid to dive for balls last week, but fine athlete in the challenge this week.

Chris -- Nordic, bossy  crybaby who hates Dom

Dom -- Dark haired, bossy man who hates Chris.

Angela --Chiseled army woman.  Near victim by association with Chris.

Libby -- Sweet Catholic turncoat.

Laurel -- Mayo Rudolph lookalike.  I laugh every time she comes on screen.

Brendan --Muscular gym teacher, leader type.

Wendell -- Level headed, quiet man in back row at tribal

Michael -- Dark haired pretty boy

Stephanie -- Striped legs, bushy dark hair ,full of herself, yoga teacher.

More will come to the fore or get voted out.  It will get easier. Stay.

• Love 16
18 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

NOBODY LEAVES! 

Come on you guys, it always takes a few episodes for people to sort out as they get featured.

We now know:

Desiree --  Had lacy bra, now has shirt, had trouble with the jump back and forth challenge

Donavan -- Kate McKinnon Kentucky guy who dared to dive for balls.

James -- Who was afraid to dive for balls last week, but fine athlete in the challenge this week.

Chris -- Nordic, bossy  crybaby who hates Dom

Dom -- Dark haired, bossy man who hates Chris.

Angela --Chiseled army woman.  Near victim by association with Chris.

Libby -- Sweet Catholic turncoat.

Laurel -- Mayo Rudolph lookalike.  I laugh every time she comes on screen.

Brendan --Muscular gym teacher, leader type.

Wendell -- Level headed, quiet man in back row at tribal

Michael -- Dark haired pretty boy

Stephanie -- Striped legs, bushy dark hair ,full of herself, yoga teacher.

More will come to the fore or get voted out.  It will get easier. Stay.

Wasn't James one of the few that fell and had to run those sideways things again?

• Love 4
8 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

Thank you!   I finally understand exactly what happened in the voting process!   I couldn't remember who was on what tribe originally so was totally confused during tribal.   

I didnt even even realize that Donathon was at tribal until they showed the group walking away after the vote.   

Right now, I am liking James.   I can't stand Dom.  So, that means that James will get an early boot and Dom will be an annoyance on my TV screen until the final episode.   There are some strong women players that I like as well but I don't remember their names yet.   

• Love 2
(edited)

Morgan that marine mammal abusing bitch went home!  YAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!  Soooo happy.  (And I wont have to see her teeth anymore)

That it was at the hands of Libby my next least favorite felt a bit odd.  

I give this episde a sort of meat and potatoes feel with a few spikes of game on. 

Question:  What is the rationale for picking who goes to Ghost Island?   Why did they want to send Donathan again?  I don't think that made sense but I'm not sure what they are considering in their choice.  Editing to add another question.  Since Stephanie voted down Donathan and forced a rock - will that put a target on her back somehow?

The tribe swap was a little confusing but I'm not sure I understand all the whining about it.  Its episode 2/3 and I know more players far better now than I would in a season of Pagonging when you don't know the winning tribe at all till the merge. How many merges have I been "Who are these people?"  Better to go through this early.   I have to stop and think a second for some players, there are a couple that stump me but I think all have had a talking part somewhere somehow which I think its pretty good at this point.  Better than usual actually.  

Casting is making it harder since  they are young pretty things and seem pretty interchangeable.  

I agree about Chris's breakdown.  He has been going a mile a minute and then, whoosh. (Although frankly for me it would have been tears of joy at being alone for a night)  Not sure why but I still like Chris.  Yes he is annoying, yes he is bossy and playing hard but its not bothering me.  He has a natural leader vibe to me.  Its not a sympathy vote but I also give him credit in his interview for saying when he was young (ha!  a few minutes ago) he was a jerk about his mothers MS.  He just didn't get it growing up, he was being selfish, but somewhere a couple of years ago he turned it around.  I think its pretty big to recognize to admit to yourself yea you sucked as a person, and to put it out there.  Doesn't change that he is pushy and dominant and bossy as his basic personality traits, and they aren't going to change, but it shows some self awareness and willingness to admit mistakes.  There is probably some guilt going on there.   I'm a little worried his mom is going to die while he is out there. 

And since he and my favorite Angela are paired I'm hoping they ride it to the merge.  And hook up with Donathan:) 

10 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Yeah, Angela, being on Survivor is exactly like being in the military.  Ffs. She is just annoying in general.

She didn't say that.  I think she said something like she was used to taking direction in the military but didn't need to take it from the likes of Domenick on Survivor.  So good for her.  She is my favorite, not based on game play so far, but for being a real person, from a real place, older, a vet.  I was so upset when I thought she was being blindsided and so happy she stayed.  Although she is going to have to step it up, being in an alliance with Chris has become a hinderance pretty quick.  I'd like to see her get a handle on his bossiness and smooth him out.  

At least now she knows where her alliance stands.  Its bad news that she targeted the one person on Old Malolo that was waffling.  Or maybe thats a good thing?  Who would old Malolo dump to get in bed with an alliance from old Naviti?  I'm a little worried about her, she tends to have a bit of a deer in the headlights look a lot. 

9 hours ago, PaperTree said:

From what my escaped Catholic friends tell me, it's a shared childhood quasi torture experience.

Not for years, you have to be old to have been taught by old style nuns.  The Catholic Church and schools are a lot different than they used to be. Although being from Texas/south where Catholics are  a Christian minority Libby may have felt like that was some sort of thing and Morgan is also southern. Libby also worked at Disney in FL and Morgan at SeaWorld Orlando so another bonding thing there.  Hope Libby goes next!  

9 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Not much to add, but nice that Donathan seemed to do well in the competition and was off the radar for elimination this week. Hope James is good at strategizing because he sucks in the competitions.

I was sooooo happy Donathan got up the ladder and got that rope down without problems.   Still targeted for Ghost Island tho. 

8 hours ago, piequinn35 said:

Great strategy by exMalolo alliance, if Naviti  loses again, it would be Chris/Angela vs Dom/Wendell and exMalolo will decide who’s fucked.

Yes, and I hope that they see that Dom/Wendell are much more of a threat.  I want to like Wendell but he's aligned with Domenick.  Hell I want to like Domenick as he is supposed to be Boston Rob's doppleganger, but I don't.  Domenick doesn't have it AFAIC. 

7 hours ago, Hera said:

I think James was the MVP of the episode for organizing that. He's the one who realized that if Angela was the target of the other three original Naviti, then the original Malolo could be the ones to choose who was going home. If he noticed that Libby and Morgan had established a rapport during their brief time together, then he was doubly smart in choosing Morgan as the person to target (of course, it might have been someone else who pushed for Morgan, but that's not what we were shown). At any rate, Morgan's ouster lessens the link that Libby has to another alliance, and maintains the Chris/Angela vs Domenick/Wendell division among the original Naviti members of his tribe. Neither Domenick nor Chris are going to be willing to draw rocks for each other.

Thank you for that deeper analysis.  It seemed like a fairly simple vote but thinking ahead was harder and I'm glad James managed to get that point across and win Libby over.  She seemed miserable about it but since I can't stand her I don't care.  Wendell is a threat, Chris is annoying and lots of people will want him to go, Angela is the older woman and so far doesn't seem to be some mega player so, targeting Dom/Wendell/Morgan aliance  would make more sense.  

7 hours ago, Subrookie said:

Libby, who I had no idea who she was until voting started, looks like Elizabeth Hasselbeck when she played. 

In her pregame interviews (she was cast without being a fan and watched all the shows after casting) she said she looked to Elizabeth Hasslebeck as her model and would be mentor.  Yuck.

Edited by marys1000
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, EllipticalAddicted said:

Angela said that she didn't need nor like Chris ordering her around , hence why she was willing to not follow his orders regarding the vote.

You mean Domenick?

I just can't with Chris.  He is so annoying.  When he was talking about Dom to James, he said something like, "you live in NYC you know how it is, you can't trust anything he says" [paraphrasing], and James reluctantly agreed, but I think probably was as offended as I was.

I don't even like Domenick very much, man is he a try-hard,  but will root for his alliance if it means Chris gets voted out.  I'm sorry about his mother, but since I have personal family experience with MS, I feel free to continue disliking him.  :)

And to be petty, how is he a model with that face? Perhaps a fitness model or hand model?  Different strokes, I guess.

It's nice to see so many smart women are onto his condescending ways.

Glad Donathan did so well in the challenge, and I continue to like Wendell but was surprised he didn't do better on the puzzle, given that he works in a spatial field.

If the Legacy Advantage becomes a curse, getting whoever has it voted off, Probst will be over the moon with his dumb curse theme.

Thanks to @JudyObscure for the awesome cast rundown!

• Love 6
(edited)

Ah.  So I'm guessing that was a conversation she would have had with Chris if he hadn't gone to GI.  Now that she didn't vote with Domenick, if they are the two defacto alliance leaders, she is sort of stuck with Chris.

Sure you can dislike Chris regardless.  I said my like wasn't a sympathy like, more a holistic picture including the backstory there.  And I can like him despite his arrogance which I see fully, just because I like him doesn't make me stupid.   For me I think he has other qualities that balance his abrasiveness out.  Not that it matters but he looks like a model to me

https://www.google.com/search?q=chris+noble+model+pictures&rlz=1C1GGGE_enUS543US557&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj69JKE-9zZAhWEy1MKHUODC4IQ_AUICigB&biw=1600&bih=720#imgdii=nDaXi9gByaQbGM:&imgrc=z-ROOI1AwWfM-M:

Edited by marys1000
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Mswldflwr said:

1 hour ago, sadiegirl1999 said:

Johnny Knoxville?

I'm thinking a younger Tony Danza mixed with some Joe Rogan.  

The bird camerawork was impressive.

I like the show "borrowing" challenge elements from Ninja Warrior.  

I wanted to throw something at the screen when Probst was like, "Chelsea really struggling with that rope!"  No, she wasn't.  Shut up, Probst.

Poor Morgan.  Sweet, little Libby was lying to your face.  

• Love 3
(edited)

I enjoyed that ep. This season is already eons better than I expected it to be. I hope it continues.

The only thing I found confusing in this ep was when New Yellow was deciding who from New Purple to send to GI. I don't really understand why Stephanie didn't want Donathan to go. Donathan was outnumbered on his new tribe and he's seen as the weakest member, so I would think him going to GI would be good since then he couldn't be voted out and Stephanie would still have a chance to use him later to stuff in small spaces. Although maybe she just wanted to make sure one or all of the other Old Yellow tribe members were safe because she's closer to them. I'm not really sure exactly what the old tribe dynamics were since it's early.

I for one like an early tribe swap. I hope they swap them again before merge, too. It just makes it more interesting imo. And, for some reason, I know who they all are and what tribes they were initially on, so I don't find it that confusing.

I find myself liking Chris so much more than I expected I would. I found his breakdown really endearing. He does tend to talk at people though, like Angela said, and I don't appreciate that. 

I also like Libby more than I thought I would. So far at least. I feel like I'll probably hate her eventually, as I will with Chris.

Dom, on the other hand, can go asap. Over it. He's SO bad at the game too and yet the other players think he's some kind of genius. No.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 10

I was half-asleep when watching this and thought I'd have to watch it again to figure out what happened, but now that I've read the thread, I gather a rewatch won't help me. Pretty much all I got out of the episode is that James is turning out to be a savvy player, no one is enough of a Superfan® to understand that if you go into a tribe swap or merge with the majority and turn on your own tribe, it's probably not going to end well for you, and that I would have been happy with either Morgan or Libby going home last night because, my god, those voices. I don't think it was an accident that there was so much bird footage in the show because when Morgan and Libby were going on and on and on about how much they loved each other, it started to sound like, "BRAWK! EEEEH!" Woke me all the way up.

• Love 3

It is so easy to determine which of this group will move almost to the end. They get the most air time, while others receive absolutely no on cam time and they are fillers, there just to flesh out the numbers and to be voted out early in the game. 

Donathan, Stephanie, Domenick, and James seem to get the most attention from the editors. It seems hard to believe that one of the "invisible" players will quietly move to the end because the producers like to show "the journey." 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, DakotaLavender said:

It is so easy to determine which of this group will move almost to the end. They get the most air time, while others receive absolutely no on cam time and they are fillers, there just to flesh out the numbers and to be voted out early in the game. 

Donathan, Stephanie, Domenick, and James seem to get the most attention from the editors. It seems hard to believe that one of the "invisible" players will quietly move to the end because the producers like to show "the journey." 

I was surprised that Donathan didn't even get a confessional. We didn't hear him at all at Tribal Council.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, sadiegirl1999 said:
12 hours ago, Maya said:

I’ve been calling him “Tall Donald Glover” in my mind. 

I thought Wendell looks a lot like Donald Glover too. I'm with Sadie. 

• Love 1

The decision about who to send to Ghost Island was very interesting.  Old Mololo was down 1 player (i.e. they were the minority in the 5-4 tribe split), so sending Donathon would have most likely resulted in an old Mololo player being sent home (as it would have then been a 5-3 split at Tribal).  Stephanie understood the likelihood that old Mololo would lose out at Tribal and therefore wanted to force the rocks since there would a chance that someone from the other original tribe would be sent to Ghost Island and therefore old Mololo would have a chance to prevail at Tribal.  Of course, she didn't realize that Dom and Chris were already targeting each other.

I think James really strategized well.  Taking out Morgan meant that after Chris returns from Ghost Island that the two former tribes are even in numbers and that a true divide emerged amongst them.  Additionally, Libby was forming a strong bond with Morgan which could have meant that in the future she would side with Morgan over the rest of old Mololo.  I really like James and hope he goes far as he seems to understand the importance of strategy.

I liked the swapping out of the tribes as the survivors may be more willing to mix things up as their previous alliances may have been split up.  I think it also gives players like Angela an opportunity to turn things around as she now realizes that part of her old tribe/alliance was willing to turn on her.

Additionally, I wish that the editors would ALWAYS put a title under each player.  Give us their names, old tribe/new tribe so that we can get to know or recognize them.  I have this same wish for all of the reality shows I watch as the players/contestants are often very physically similar, or not given enough screen time for me to easily recognize them.

• Love 10

I think it's ironic that Angela wanted to distance herself from Chris (and it WAS Chris she was talking about giving her orders, not Domenick) and now she may be with him for the long haul as she will probably be upset at the rest of her alliance voting for her.

Did you know there is a Chelsea?

I think I am following who is who and what tribe they were originally on but I was feeling the need to kind of concentrate on it - not usually the case when watching Survivor!

• Love 3

http://ew.com/tv/2018/03/08/survivor-morgan-ricke-ghost-island/

EW RADIO: Why try to take out Angela even though she said she did not agree with Chris’ plan?
MORGAN RICKE: We just couldn’t trust Angela. She was so tight with Chris and in the original Naviti, Dom, Wendell, and I were in an alliance opposite Angela and Chris. The original Naviti was 5 vs. 5, so Angela just really didn’t confide in us. She really didn’t tell her story. She was just “I don’t want to talk about it.” So it was really hard to get to know her on a personal level and it was really hard to trust her. She didn’t have those intimate conversations that the other people had. So we just felt like we couldn’t trust her. She had lied before so we decided we wanted to blindside her. We had pulled it off. She had no clue what was going on at Tribal, let’s just say that. Like, I was blindsided, but Angela had absolutely no clue what was going on.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, sadiegirl1999 said:

Wendell looks like Donald Glover, Angela=Tilda Swinton, Jenna looks like a blonde Mandy Moore, Morgan looks like Natascha McElhone. Adding in Libby=Elizabeth Hasselbeck

Also, how do they hide that huge HII that was James' in China? That thing is huge! 

Dom looks like that guy who was on Mad About You and Episodes.

Look!  It's the Quintuple Steps from Ninja Warrior!  Shouldn't they have been in a big pool of water?

The main thing I've noticed about Ghost Island is that whoever goes gets a big big pot of rice all to themselves, and that's the one thing they haven't mentioned to their teammates when they get back.

• Love 1

There is a Chelsea? hmmm

Hopefully Angela goes and asks why she got votes and Dom is honest. Then she can say that she wanted nothing to do with Chris's dictates and they can work together. Chris and Dom have targeted each other and need to be careful because their desire to get each other out could easily sink their games. I prefer Dom to Chris, mainly because Dom seems to be playing from the role of a bit of an underdog. My problem with Dom is that he is overplaying his hand.

I really like James and how he is thinking things through. I hope he goes far but I fear for him because he is too willing to put a target on his back. While it is admirable to take responsibility for your actions, that tends to not work out for you in Survivor.

• Love 5
(edited)

That weird hippie guy looks like Ozzy in a very strange way.  Like Ozzy mixed with a gremlin or something.  I don't mean to be mean I'm sure he's cute to some people.  Just will take some getting used to. 

I don't take any of the mocking of Brendan personally - it's really funny - but so far I really like this guy.  He seems so serious and smart.  I like how last episode he knew that somebody (Dom?) was lying right away.  It reminded me of Sayid immediately knowing that Michael had been compromised on LOST.

(Edit:  Oh.  There's a Bradley.  Never mind. I have no idea who is being mocked for what.)

Also people smarter than me pointed out that Jacob looked like Seth Rogen.

Laurel looks to me like somebody who should be in Harry Potter (I've never seen the movies.)

Dom kind of looks like a bigger Matt Dillon.

(Thanks for saying Michael Costello -- that really nails it.)

ca40ed9f195781ab_svr_snoel_800x1000.jpg782a7bb3369065aa_surv34_cast_ozzylusth.jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8