Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Wishful Sinking

• Start Topic

The binder kind of makes sense to me—I would like it because it would help me remember everything I had to do before leaving. Even for a rental I wouldn’t mind having 2 prices—one for doing the stuff in the binder by myself, another for having a service do the cleanup (and if you didn’t keep up your end of the bargain for the cheaper rate, you paid for the service anyway). 

But here, it was Scheana’s enforcement of the binder that drove me nuts. These kids (oy, they’re like kids!) need a push but she was so OTT being Rob’s Bindermaid/Self-Elected Woman of the Manor.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 19

I'm sick and tired of tough girl Lala talking about "her man" and threatening James with ending their friendship. Who the fuck does this low rent whore think she is, anyway? She is as delusional as Sheana thinking "her man" isn't going to trade her in as soon as she reaches her expiration date and he starts searching for another 20 something that gives great head. 

• Love 10

On a side note, regarding Scheana's EBay plans. Why do girls think that anything in their house after a breakup is automatically their property? Maybe this happens for guys, too, I've just never seen it/heard about it. But I've broken up with women and it's a struggle/not worth it to try and get stuff back that I left at their place. Meanwhile, I don't want their stuff in my place and feel guilty/bad not returning something. Maybe Shay didn't want his stuff back, it just seems shitty that Scheana has this "wonderful man supporting her" but won't return Shay's personal stuff to him. 

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Eggs are about $1.50/dozen. They couldn't spend more than an extra $1.50. This and the ground beef really does a lot to convey this high class lifestyle that Rob and Scheana are living. It's all happening!

That's because they're big fucking posers!

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

On a side note, regarding Scheana's EBay plans. Why do girls think that anything in their house after a breakup is automatically their property? Maybe this happens for guys, too, I've just never seen it/heard about it. But I've broken up with women and it's a struggle/not worth it to try and get stuff back that I left at their place. Meanwhile, I don't want their stuff in my place and feel guilty/bad not returning something. Maybe Shay didn't want his stuff back, it just seems shitty that Scheana has this "wonderful man supporting her" but won't return Shay's personal stuff to him. 

Thank you! This bugged me, too! They haven’t been divorced that long (in fact, wasn’t she still married at that point?). It’s not unreasonable to think that maybe he wanted it, but the pain was so fresh he wasn’t exactly itemizing his stuff at the moment. I mean, if it had been a few years, I’d get it, but for pity’s sake, it was still fresh.

Not to mention that Rob was probably joking about the Divorce Closet thing, but Scheana took it all seriously.

• Love 10

Jax: "And I'm a strong swimmer."

Look, Jax. We all saw you swim. You are not a strong swimmer.

And I'm not even talking about altitude. His form? Uh, no, sir.

25 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm sick and tired of tough girl Lala talking about "her man" and threatening James with ending their friendship. Who the fuck does this low rent whore think she is, anyway? She is as delusional as Sheana thinking "her man" isn't going to trade her in as soon as she reaches her expiration date and he starts searching for another 20 something that gives great head. 

I know who she thinks she is! She recently revealed that she believes Tupac Shakur's soul took over her body when he died. The People article: http://people.com/tv/lala-kent-says-tupac-took-over-her-body/

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, jennylauren123 said:

I know who she thinks she is! She recently revealed that she believes Tupac Shakur's soul took over her body when he died. The People article: http://people.com/tv/lala-kent-says-tupac-took-over-her-body/

Agreed that Jax had poor form while swimming. In bed that night he stated that he was tired because don’t you know he almost drowned? No Jax, you also day drank and went on the towable tube and held on for your life (a second time that day). Wasn’t it pretty convenient that there was a lifeguard right by Rob’s dock? I’m not sure that they weren’t pulling my leg on that one. 

Lala is getting pretty delusional or is getting better drugs than the rest of the cast. 

• Love 7

Ha! Years ago, after a breakup, I donated a brand-new Hugo Boss suit--like the pockets were still sewn up and the buttons still covered--to our local Salvation Army. And, yes, it was my property after he had failed to show up to get it time after scheduled time. However, I kind of regret this now, not because it was mean (which it was, and I admit that freely--but I also still don't care) but because my current BF is pretty much the same size and also has actually recently declared that he needs a new and better suit (and i doubt we'll be headed to Hugo Boss to get one).

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 9

Was it my imagination or did Brittany hand Jax a pregnancy test with a smile on her face? (Which could mean either way as in she’s happy to be pregnant or happy he will be off of her back for her mistake of getting pregnant..like it only takes one person). I think that’s going to be their storyline now that Jax doesn’t drown and in seeing his life flash before him, that he wants to become a real adult man (provider, husband, dad). God bless the maybe child. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Otherkate said:

Can we please talk about how Jax had on pink underwear under his swim trunks, but FI Tom had a pair of pink swimshorts under his other swimshorts, because he likes "a pop of color under the boardshorts"???

A POP OF COLOR UNDER THE BOARDSHORTS.

I love you Flat Iron. I love you so much.

Last night was ah-mazing, and this line was the best of the best. I even paused, rewound, and called my teenaged daughter into the room because I needed someone else to hear the awesome that is FI Tom. 

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Was it my imagination or did Brittany hand Jax a pregnancy test with a smile on her face? (Which could mean either way as in she’s happy to be pregnant or happy he will be off of her back for her mistake of getting pregnant..like it only takes one person). I think that’s going to be their storyline now that Jax doesn’t drown and in seeing his life flash before him, that he wants to become a real adult man (provider, husband, dad). God bless the maybe child. 

I may be completely wrong but I have a feeling that the whole pregnancy thing is Brittany and Schena messing with Jax.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

He said Princess of Brunei. In the western world, that's how you would refer to the Sultan's daughters and his daughters-in-law.

I could have sworn he said she was the daughter of the prince. I didn't think he actually called HER a princess. I could be wrong, though, and I already deleted from my DVR.  The Prince of Brunei is Jefri Bolkiah and he's 63. He does have one daughter; I guess she's a princess as well, though. Her name is Hamidah. No idea how old she is. She married her first cousin in 2005 anyhow. So I'm not sure how that could be the chick Rob was talking about. 

Prince Jefri is the Sultan's brother. The Sultan has so many freaking kids I'm not even going to attempt to fall down that rabbit hole. But yea, it's fishy as fuck. I'm so sure he'd be okay with someone marrying into the family that was outside of their faith. *rolls eyes*

1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Eggs are about $1.50/dozen. They couldn't spend more than an extra $1.50. This and the ground beef really does a lot to convey this high class lifestyle that Rob and Scheana are living. It's all happening!

When I have people at my house, I always go overboard with the food. I'd rather eat off of leftovers for days than not have enough. They should be embarrassed that they did not provide a better time for their guests. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, ivygirl said:

The binder kind of makes sense to me—I would like it because it would help me remember everything I had to do before leaving. Even for a rental I wouldn’t mind having 2 prices—one for doing the stuff in the binder by myself, another for having a service do the cleanup (and if you didn’t keep up your end of the bargain for the cheaper rate, you paid for the service anyway). 

But here, it was Scheana’s enforcement of the binder that drove me nuts. These kids (oy, they’re like kids!) need a push but she was so OTT being Rob’s Bindermaid/Self-Elected Woman of the Manor.

Another option. Robb/his family own the place but rent it out. After a rental they hire a cleaning crew to come in and fix things up, but when the family uses the place they probably try to clean it themselves to save the cost. 

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Spiderella2 said:

I looked him up and he’s on IMDB as an actor an producer. He’s been on the Young & Restless since he was a kid and has produced some straight to DVD films. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2097656/

Now it’s making me wonder if maybe Rob is part of Scheana Shay’s problem. He is telling her all these stories and mixing it in with exaggerations. She (gullible as she is), believes every single word. When she spews it out over and over again as an obsessed cult worshipper, she sounds so crazy and delusional. But maybe Rob is the one who is planting the seeds. 

Take the lake house for instance. Scheana believes it’s Rob’s house. Even Rob was quoting purchase figures and acting like it was his house to Jax/Sandoval. When in reality it’s a family lake house, which most of the time is rented on VRBO for $375/night. Everyone believed it was Rob’s house. So the last day when Scheana is running around with the binder/checklist, it seems quite incongruous given the info the guests had been given prior to the trip. (Although, if I was Rob, I would have them cleaning before they left, knowing how they do like to trash wherever they are.)

Back to the point, I think Rob does what all Hollywood folk do, lie, exaggerate, sell themselves to be more than what they are. Scheana fell for it hook, line, and sinker. If I was her friend, I would have pulled her aside weeks ago and told her to chill out. She’s sounding quite desperate. Especially when Rob admitted to her friends that he isn’t in love with her. Maybe that’s one of the reasons they broke up in December. 

Right now, currently as of 2/26/18 via their social media accounts, Scheana is still acting like they have a “deep connection” while Rob says they are just friends. He has taken her to some Hollywood events around town this year and she is still staring at him as if he is Jesus Christ and they are back together. Wow. Scheana...it’s pathetically pitiful at this point. 

After the big build up of Rob the producer I was curious what exactly he produced.  It seems he is franchising "This Is ___,"  the first was "This Is LA,"  I was thinking it was some sort of show appearing on lifestyle channel.  I would be wrong, it is a You Tube production which is essentially a bunch of commercials.  http://circle8productions.com/  His company.  His show:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv1Zi0LpVTK3J76iAkviEdw  It sounds to me like Rob is just some guy pushing 40 who did not make it in acting and decided to go into advertising production.  He and Scheana weave a rich tapestry of bullshit but I think the reality is he has a vacation rental property and maybe a nice house-if it isn't rented for the show.

By the end of this episode Scheana sounded more like an infommercial for dating Rob or in the alternative hiring him for your next commercial..  

• Love 9

I admit I'm not good at math, but this is so confusing...how were scheana and shay married for six years?  We saw them get married on the show, maybe that was a year or so ago..and ok since the events happen months before the shows air, even if we tack on another six months..they can't have been married more than two years, three tops.  I also don't get why scheana and rob keep saying they've been together for ten years, not counting her marriage, that's already kinda strange to me...wouldn't you say we were together a few years, then broke up, and now she's divorced and we're back together? Weird!  And again, how did they come up with her being married six years? That is not possible.  I don't know why I care about this but it's been nagging me lol

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Rbonnie said:

I admit I'm not good at math, but this is so confusing...how were scheana and shay married for six years?  We saw them get married on the show, maybe that was a year or so ago..and ok since the events happen months before the shows air, even if we tack on another six months..they can't have been married more than two years, three tops.  I also don't get why scheana and rob keep saying they've been together for ten years, not counting her marriage, that's already kinda strange to me...wouldn't you say we were together a few years, then broke up, and now she's divorced and we're back together? Weird!  And again, how did they come up with her being married six years? That is not possible.  I don't know why I care about this but it's been nagging me lol

Scheana and Shay were together for six years.  I think they began seeing each other in 2009-2010.  Right after Scheana and Eddie Cibrian fizzled.  Well they were actually never a couple except in Scheana's mind.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Rbonnie said:

I'm pretty sure that's considered BRAVO math......

• Love 11
34 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Scheana and Shay were together for six years.  I think they began seeing each other in 2009-2010.  Right after Scheana and Eddie Cibrian fizzled.  Well they were actually never a couple except in Scheana's mind.

And don’t forget her relationship with John Mayer, who likewise noted that she was exaggerating...

Poor guy didn’t stick around long enough to be known as a real man who, like, drives a boat and hangs shelves in 7 minutes.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

That makes perfect sense. But then....you clean it YOURSELF. You don't whip out a binder and follow your guests around, insisting that they do it. Asking them to pick up any trash is one thing. But guests should not be responsible for the linens, hot tub, etc. Scheana and Rob can stay behind after they left and cleaned the house themselves. I would be mortified to see myself on camera, being such shitty hosts. 

I have friends who have a cottage on a lake in Wisconsin that is a family vacation spot but which is rented out on AirBNB when they're not using it. They have a similar binder for the guests who rent the cottage - after renting the cottage guests are responsible for general clean-up, i.e. picking up garbage, loading the dishwasher and cleaning everything up in a basic way. But linens washing and floor mopping, etc. is done by a housecleaner who also acts as the onsite care-taker for any issues that arise.

But here's the kicker. They have invited me to stay with them a couple times (along with other friends) and though I did help pick up, neaten my own space, they in no way expected me to do all the work that was listed on the checklist in the binder. I was their guest. I did help because they're my friends and it was nice they asked me to stay, but no one was chasing me around with the binder making sure I did the work. 

Edited by Pop Tart
  • Love 17

Rob might be as delusional as Schena. He is kinda showy and probably love the Scheena is worshiping at his alter.

A normal guy might say we dated several years before she met her husband, and thing picked up right where we left them. Howeverhim saying that they have been together 11 years minus the marriage sounds as effed up as her saying it.

• Love 23

Scheana and Rob are horrible hosts. It appears they did very little in the way of planning meals for their guests, and when the group arrived they were immediately tasked with a liquor store run. Scheana made a comment that she drank very little and saved the booze for her guests because the supplies were almost gone~ ( passive aggressive dig of some sort)

When the hostess by proxy started following her guests around with the cabin rental binder to shame them into cleaning the cabin I was embarrassed for her. 

I don’t think there is anything wrong with asking your guests to bring any special food or drinks they prefer, ( and when I am a guest I never show up empty handed) but it shouldn’t be up to them to stock Rob’s liquor cabinet. The meals for each day should have been decided ahead of time. 

Brittany sure looked like she was sleeping a lot~ and in the preview she said she had been nauseated and throwing up. Early pregnancy symptoms OR maybe she was just ill??! 

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Brittany sure looked like she was sleeping a lot~ and in the preview she said she had been nauseated and throwing up. Early pregnancy symptoms OR maybe she was just ill??! 

I wrote about this up thread. The last part of the preview looked as though she handed a pregnancy test to Jax. Not saying that this will happen next episode but it looks as though it might be their storyline this season. The “is she or isn’t she” pregnant. 

• Love 2

Maybe I need a few etiquette lessons but I really see no problem at all with being expected to contribute to the housework duties and liquor/food supply of someone who lets me use his or her place for recreational purposes. My friends are all the same way. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 8

I always leave where I’m staying as clean or better than how I found it. If I see that the hosts house is low on some staple (like sugar for instance) I’ll go to the grocery and restock without expecting repayment. I also never fail to bring a hostess gift. It’s a wonder to me that all of these users didn’t bring a bottle with them or some type of dish or food to share. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Right. But I seem to remember Scheana talking about Shay the same way she and Rob act like they've been together forever. Didn't Scheana and Shay go to school together? She always acted like they've known each other forever. I just don't know how she can fit all these dudes in!

1 hour ago, Pop Tart said:

I have friends who have a cottage on a lake in Wisconsin that is a family vacation spot but which is rented out on AirBNB when they're not using it. They have a similar binder for the guests who rent the cottage - after renting the cottage guests are responsible for general clean-up, i.e. picking up garbage, loading the dishwasher and cleaning everything up in a basic way. But linens washing and floor mopping, etc. is done by a housecleaner who also acts as the onsite care-taker for any issues that arise.

But here's the kicker. They have invited me to stay with them a couple times (along with other friends) and though I did help pick up, neaten my own space, they in no way expected me to do all the work that was listed on the checklist in the binder. I was their guest. I did help because they're my friends and it was nice they asked me to stay, but no one was chasing me around with the binder making sure I did the work. 

Well, yea - Jax and Tom and co weren't RENTERS. They were ostensibly guests. I would NOT expect them to anything other than general pick up. Wash your dishes, throw your trash away. I half expected Scheana to pull out a mower and set James to work on the lawn. 

• Love 10
15 hours ago, rho said:

I've stayed in many rentals but none of them ever had a chore list. Are ALL the renters expected to complete the binder before they leave? 

We stayed in a vacation rental in Oregon last spring and they had a binder and checklist and expected us to wash the bedding and towels and do the dishes and take out the garbage and recycling. And here I thought we were on vacation!

• Love 6

I think washing the bedding and towels as a guest/friend OR renter is asking too much.  Taking out the trash, washing all dishes, even stripping the beds would be okay.  I have done so when renting or staying with friends.

• Love 8

I don't see what's wrong with having a second home/vacation home and renting it when you aren't there. Also, why question whether it's Rob's home or a family home? Did I miss that it was hinted at somehow that he didn't buy the house himself? I believe it could be Rob's home. The guy does work, after all. And he's not an aging bartender or some loser DJ so I give him some credit for that. The only thing I do hold against him is that he had the least bit of interest in Scheana!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, jennylauren123 said:

Why has this not been mentioned on the show?  And why hasn't Tupac Lala told us who murdered him?

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, fetching said:

We stayed in a vacation rental in Oregon last spring and they had a binder and checklist and expected us to wash the bedding and towels and do the dishes and take out the garbage and recycling. And here I thought we were on vacation!

I'd hope they aren't charging you a cleaning fee on top of that!! 

Some things are common sense like turning off lights and running the dishwasher before you go. But I'd be pretty skeptical about relying on guests to do laundry. If I saw that, the first thing I'd do is wash everything from the slobs that were here before me. And I sure as fuck am not gonna do it again when I leave. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, FattyMcButterpants said:

Dude is hilarious even when he is drowning.

This is why, just like Brittany, I cannot quit Jax. He is a walking punchline. 

My favorite part of this episode was:

LaLa: “I saw y’all comin back and I put my top back on.”

Jax: “Awwww, bummer!”

Brittany: “You’re not cleared to say things like that.”

Brittany stop lying. If Jax hooked up with LaLa that same night, you’d take him back. ?

• Love 14
1 minute ago, rho said:

I'd hope they aren't charging you a cleaning fee on top of that!! 

Some things are common sense like turning off lights and running the dishwasher before you go. But I'd be pretty skeptical about relying on guests to do laundry. If I saw that, the first thing I'd do is wash everything from the slobs that were here before me. And I sure as fuck am not gonna do it again when I leave. 

Of course they did! The threat was if we didn't do all the other things they would add on a larger cleaning fee. Of course they didn't disclose this until after we had signed the contract and were in the rental. I hate Airbnb and VRBO with a passion. We have gotten screwed every single time. I have horror stories. Ant infestations, filthy mattresses with possible bed bug debris, dirty dishes in the cupboard. That last one we didn't even unpack, we called them and said we were checking out and we went to a hotel.  And I'm like you, I wash everything before I use it. People are gross. 

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I think washing the bedding and towels as a guest/friend OR renter is asking too much.  Taking out the trash, washing all dishes, even stripping the beds would be okay.  I have done so when renting or staying with friends.

But who decides what is a too much? Personally, I'd rather toss in a load of laundry than lug out the trash and recycling. And I'd rather do all of it myself than make a grocery-store run!

10 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

But who decides what is a too much? Personally, I'd rather toss in a load of laundry than lug out the trash and recycling. And I'd rather do all of it myself than make a grocery-store run!

I don't know who decides. Just offering my thoughts! ?

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, fetching said:

Of course they did! The threat was if we didn't do all the other things they would add on a larger cleaning fee. Of course they didn't disclose this until after we had signed the contract and were in the rental. I hate Airbnb and VRBO with a passion. We have gotten screwed every single time. I have horror stories. Ant infestations, filthy mattresses with possible bed bug debris, dirty dishes in the cupboard. That last one we didn't even unpack, we called them and said we were checking out and we went to a hotel.  And I'm like you, I wash everything before I use it. People are gross. 

Gross! So gross!! 

A moment of silence for the poor souls who rented the cabin after the VPR idiots "cleaned" it.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Re: Eggs, they are way more than that out here.  I'm pretty sure even the non-fancy ones are $4 a dozen at Ralph's in LA.  I can't even imagine how much they are at a liquor store up the hill.  Still, they could have afforded another dozen, but as we know, they are shitty at planning and critical thinking.  It looks like this site agrees with me on price https://www.expatistan.com/price/eggs/los-angeles   There was some law passed about chickens that makes our eggs more expensive in CA, but I couldn't tell you what it was mandating.

It's probably that they are cage free. I tend to buy cage free eggs and they are usually $3 - 4/dozen. It's possible our geniuses at SUR did the math. A dozen eggs equalled 4 shots. Which counts more?

14 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

He said "And she was a princess, like her, legitimately, her dad was the prince of Brunei." I can believe that Rob knew and even dated someone that was from the extended royal family and dubbed themselves a princess even if it wasn't the official styling.  Beverly Hills has had a problem with the children and extended family of Middle Eastern Royal familes coming to town and acting like the cast of VPR but with supercar street racing thrown in for good measure.  When they get in trouble they just claim diplomatic immunity and go home.  So I can believe he knew one of those partying assholes and was maybe almost married in the same way he an Scheana are almost married.

I can believe that Rob hooked up with a distant relative of the Brunei royal family. Heck, I'm the granddaughter of a notable chief (a princess?) twice over in an African country. It's not a thing I actually claim 'cause it's nonsense. I'm not inheriting any throne or title so I don't mention it at all. Rob and Princess _________ of Brunei was not a real thing that was going somewhere serious.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

It's probably that they are cage free. I tend to buy cage free eggs and they are usually $3 - 4/dozen. It's possible our geniuses at SUR did the math. A dozen eggs equalled 4 shots. Which counts more?

That's just plain regular ol' non-fancy white eggs. Cage free, free range, organic, and brown all add $$.  Of course I think last time I looked at eggs I was at the Ralph's that's 1.5 miles north of my house instead of the one 1.5 miles east and I noticed that the prices at that one are higher, which really pissed me off.  Because I am dumb, I usually get free range organic, which are over $6.  I used to get them from a farm with my CSA box, but I can't afford to live like the Princess of Brunei.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Spiderella2 said:

I looked him up and he’s on IMDB as an actor an producer. He’s been on the Young & Restless since he was a kid and has produced some straight to DVD films. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2097656/

Now it’s making me wonder if maybe Rob is part of Scheana Shay’s problem. He is telling her all these stories and mixing it in with exaggerations. She (gullible as she is), believes every single word. When she spews it out over and over again as an obsessed cult worshipper, she sounds so crazy and delusional. But maybe Rob is the one who is planting the seeds. 

Take the lake house for instance. Scheana believes it’s Rob’s house. Even Rob was quoting purchase figures and acting like it was his house to Jax/Sandoval. When in reality it’s a family lake house, which most of the time is rented on VRBO for $375/night. Everyone believed it was Rob’s house. So the last day when Scheana is running around with the binder/checklist, it seems quite incongruous given the info the guests had been given prior to the trip. (Although, if I was Rob, I would have them cleaning before they left, knowing how they do like to trash wherever they are.)

Back to the point, I think Rob does what all Hollywood folk do, lie, exaggerate, sell themselves to be more than what they are. Scheana fell for it hook, line, and sinker. If I was her friend, I would have pulled her aside weeks ago and told her to chill out. She’s sounding quite desperate. Especially when Rob admitted to her friends that he isn’t in love with her. Maybe that’s one of the reasons they broke up in December. 

Right now, currently as of 2/26/18 via their social media accounts, Scheana is still acting like they have a “deep connection” while Rob says they are just friends. He has taken her to some Hollywood events around town this year and she is still staring at him as if he is Jesus Christ and they are back together. Wow. Scheana...it’s pathetically pitiful at this point. 

Long time lurker, first time poster.  As a 30 year viewer of Young and the Restless, Rob Valletta is not on the show.  It appears on his IMDB as he did a stint back in 1973.  I think he was on Days of Our Lives at some point in his career.    

• Love 5
6 hours ago, jennylauren123 said:

4 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Another option. Robb/his family own the place but rent it out. After a rental they hire a cleaning crew to come in and fix things up, but when the family uses the place they probably try to clean it themselves to save the cost. 

Yeah sounds like they rent it out.  Which is fine, I would do that.  BUT I am not trying to pass myself off as a fancy producer or whatever.  

2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Maybe I need a few etiquette lessons but I really see no problem at all with being expected to contribute to the housework duties and liquor/food supply of someone who lets me use his or her place for recreational purposes. My friends are all the same way. 

I absolutely agree, guests should help out with stripping the bed and cleaning up a bit.  But it should never be expected.  Guests are guests - they should bring a bottle of something and enjoy themselves.  

I am invited as a guest to my friend's lake house in Lake Geneva and she does not let me lift a finger.  I do always take her to dinner as a thank you.  But she would not want me to be on my hands and knees cleaning before we leave.  Now, if my friend let me use the place by myself (or with my family), for free, I would do all of the cleaning, laundry, garbage, etc. before I go.

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I don't see what's wrong with having a second home/vacation home and renting it when you aren't there. Also, why question whether it's Rob's home or a family home? Did I miss that it was hinted at somehow that he didn't buy the house himself? I believe it could be Rob's home. The guy does work, after all. And he's not an aging bartender or some loser DJ so I give him some credit for that. The only thing I do hold against him is that he had the least bit of interest in Scheana!

He acts like he is some big cheese - hot shot producer, when in reality, he has a sister who was at a time a famous model and he has produced some crap that looks homemade.  He seems to be a braggart, too.  And Jax may be an aging bartender, but he is the star of a national tv show (not that it is anything to be that excited about) but Rob isn't the star of anything.

Also, did we ever figure out why he is "Parks-Valetta" and not straight Valetta?

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

That's just plain regular ol' non-fancy white eggs. Cage free, free range, organic, and brown all add $$.  Of course I think last time I looked at eggs I was at the Ralph's that's 1.5 miles north of my house instead of the one 1.5 miles east and I noticed that the prices at that one are higher, which really pissed me off.  Because I am dumb, I usually get free range organic, which are over $6.  I used to get them from a farm with my CSA box, but I can't afford to live like the Princess of Brunei.

Man, y'all in California don't play. I love brunch, but if eggs cost that much where I lived, I'd be gagged over brunch. 

16 minutes ago, scootterp said:

Long time lurker, first time poster.  As a 30 year viewer of Young and the Restless, Rob Valletta is not on the show.  It appears on his IMDB as he did a stint back in 1973.  I think he was on Days of Our Lives at some point in his career.    

It's pretty obvious that if you look at his imdb that even his longest runs on soaps were pretty short. Amber is clearly a very generous and magnanimous sister.

• Love 1

I absolutely agree, guests should help out with stripping the bed and cleaning up a bit.  But it should never be expected.  Guests are guests - they should bring a bottle of something and enjoy themselves.  

Eh, we all expect it of each other and no one has an issue with it. Maybe we're a bunch of codependent weirdos (that's not snark--it is entirely likely!).

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Scheana and Rob are horrible hosts. It appears they did very little in the way of planning meals for their guests, and when the group arrived they were immediately tasked with a liquor store run. Scheana made a comment that she drank very little and saved the booze for her guests because the supplies were almost gone~ ( passive aggressive dig of some sort)

When the hostess by proxy started following her guests around with the cabin rental binder to shame them into cleaning the cabin I was embarrassed for her. 

I don’t think there is anything wrong with asking your guests to bring any special food or drinks they prefer, ( and when I am a guest I never show up empty handed) but it shouldn’t be up to them to stock Rob’s liquor cabinet. The meals for each day should have been decided ahead of time. 

Let's not forget that this is the same trashy bitch who actually expected half of her wedding party/guests to clean up the huge mess from from her wedding reception the next morning! 

Scheana is all about Scheana. She didn't even really love Rob when they were together, just the luxe lifestyle and studly rebound husband vision she imagined for herself. She truly does live in some strange hyper-idyllic fairy tale world where she is the innocent, pure princess who deserves the royal romance with her prince...and all the world is filled with her loyal subjects and jealous haters. It's all happening indeed!!

And if it hasn't been said enough: James' girlfriend is an even bigger dumbass than Brittany.

• Love 9