Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E09: The Women Tell All

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

54 minutes ago, jade.black said:

Jacqueline looking drop dead gorgeous

Refresh my memory, please, is she the one from (I think) New England who is now a realtor in Fort Lauderdale?

1 hour ago, yorklee2 said:

I meant inwardly laugh her off. And maybe "school" her was the wrong word. But if her seemingly cocky words or actions were too much to bear I meant engage her in an adult reasonable way. That's certainly better than going behind her back to take a hit at her IMO.

Oh, ok, I see what you mean.  It can be a little tricky, but a potential problem with trying to engage with her in an adult way is that it could come across as condescending, so probably the best thing to do is ignore.  I do agree with you, though, that it's certainly better than the really childish act of mocking her behind her back.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2
Just now, ByTor said:

Refresh my memory, please, is she the one from (I think) New England who is now a realtor in Fort Lauderdale?

She's the brunette going for her PhD who broke up with Arie in Tuscany. She was wearing a red dress last night and looked fantastic. She's too well-spoken and intelligent for this show. (I think you're thinking of Caroline the realtor who was unnecessarily shrill and over-emotional last night over a bunch of things that didn't affect her whatsoever.)

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Oh, ok, I see what you mean.  It can be a little tricky, but a potential problem with trying to engage with her in an adult way could come across as condescending, so probably the best thing to do is ignore.  I do agree with you, though, that it's certainly better than the utmost childish act of mocking her behind her back.

No she is the one who self eliminated to continue her schooling. I know Caroline is a realtor and there were some more but I can't remember who they were now.

Edited by yorklee2
6 minutes ago, jade.black said:

She's the brunette going for her PhD who broke up with Arie in Tuscany. She was wearing a red dress last night and looked fantastic. She's too well-spoken and intelligent for this show. (I think you're thinking of Caroline the realtor who was unnecessarily shrill and over-emotional last night over a bunch of things that didn't affect her whatsoever.)

Oh thanks!  I think I have Jacqueline & Caroline mixed up with each other.

ETA: @yorklee2, I just saw your reply, so yeah, I did have them interchanged!

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, betha said:

My two takeaways- oh Krystal. I felt bad for her. She wasn’t an evil person on the show. I found her pretty entertaining and harmless, though annoying. thought the women and Ari were all extra mean. Maybe I just need to hear all the tape to understand.  I was happy to hear about her brother. 

Oh, Krystal! Gurl, mmm-hmmm? Mmmmm.... Thank god for Krystal - she made this shit season watchable, her little fake voice and all her little soliloquies to the camera were so adorable! I love the little fighter, and never more so than last night on the weirdest, messiest and most bloated with randos and stupid clip packages WTA of all time.

What happened to the bit were Chris H says to Arie, so are you in love, and Arie glows and nods and so on???

What happened to bringing more of these bores up on stage for confrontations with Arie? What happened to the long romantic clips of the final three? No, we get some really hungover looking guy who swears, some enormous tall meathead, and a friendly familar-faced actress who doesn't get to speak, and a clip from their godawul 'movie', wtf?!

But Krystal brought it! She brought the glitter! and her own special brand of bullshit! I love her. So glad to hear the news re her brother coming in from the cold. And even if Arie did rattle her, she still gave the ultimate payback that will haunt the rest of his trawling days and dent his reputation as a ladies' man no end - needledick! Hahaha, wait until he hears that, poor sod.

Tia auditioning for Bachelorette - the Shrew Edition - worked my last nerve. I hope they are just holding off until after BIP when they can declare, yes indeed, Baby Bekkah is mature enough to handle the role. By then the neck tension and the tiny clenched jaw of Tia will have added another ten years onto her pallid, stony, furiously entitled, tense little face.

Meanwhile, I have really come round to BB, who was rocking the Edie Sedgewick vibe last night - that is one curated presence! So what she's a bit young and the men will have no socks. Sienne is a delightful woman but a snoozefest, so no.

• Love 8

Bekah chose fairly easy targets, like Chelsea and Krystal. She wouldn't have stood a chance in a battle of wits with a woman like Seinne.

I have to disagree, because we are talking about, in essence, the difference between street smarts and book smarts.  Seinne is very educated, but the kind of interpersonal game-playing and amateur psychologizing, is not a battle of wits (as in "book" smarts)...it's a battle of gamesmanship (as in "street" smarts).  When people are very intelligent, they often think logically and assume others do too, which makes it hard to out-maneuver people who think emotionally and somewhat manipulatively.  I don't necessarily think Bekah was actually like that, but I'm more commenting on the absolute lack of a sure thing as to how such a smack-down would play out.    

• Love 15
7 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I'm pretty sure the nuance was "I need to make it one more round to be in contention for Bachelorette so I've got to knock out one of these other bitches. Which one is the easiest target? I'll go with the young one. It will sound like I care about Arie and am serious about this process." Tia had no intention of being Arie's wife or fiancé or girlfriend. He's a means to the end she's been planning since Raven lost her spot.

I agree with this but you lost me with the Raven mention. Oh my goodness remember how we went round and round about this last year...lol. I know I held a unpopular opinion (on this board anyway) but for all her faults and quirks I really liked Raven. To me Raven not being Bachelorette doesn't have as much to do with it as much as Tia just wants to capitalize on Raven's popularity for her own means. Raven didn't have the potty mouth and she certainly never backstabbed anyone to get ahead. 

Honestly in my opinion since the show likes to drive home the southern stereotype they hurt Tia in the eyes of ones who felt the southern drawl and persona was OTT. I'm sure the producers encouraged Tia and Raven to over emphasize those aspects. Not to say that they don't talk like that or even that that's not their culture but I think the show pushed the stereotype a little much. Of course being from the south (TN) I may be a little touchy on the subject but speaking for myself I thought when they introduced Tia, "oh no their going to ram it down our throats again". Too much too soon after Raven. But I gave her the benefit of the doubt and my dislike of her is solely based on her actions only. 

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 2

WTA Misc Thoughts while watching (no one

Marikh: Such a disappointingly bitter showing. Her refusal t to even joke with Chelsey came across as needlessly bitchy and mean spirited.

Krystal: Boy, that Zen façade cracked and it was like looking at a totally different , hate-fueled version of her. And then the way she pulled back on that 'smirking mask' of hers the second a voice of authority (CH)  interrupted her tirade was creepy af. I don’t really know if she’s  actually a bad person, probably not, but this was obviously not the right environment for her. It brings out some truly terrible parts of her personality and underscores how broken she is. I come from a pretty crappy childhood, I understand it’s not always easy to let go of that internal rage, but she clearly needs a lot of therapy and I hope that she gets it before pursuing love or more time on reality tv.

OMG, the fake tears  when talking about her brother….ugh

Seinne: I wish someone would just yell out loud “You’re Too Good for Him!!” just because it’s so obvious that it really should be said.  I think I hope that she’s the next Bachelorette.  Tia had a pissy expression on her face when Sienne was in the hotseat  (who knows if it was editing). Wonder if she’s worried about Seinne as Bachelorette competition.

Bekah: I’ve kinda liked her and kinda not all season. She can be way too ‘adorable’ and always so coy and ‘on’, but I’ve decided that I do like her. And not just because I think she has all the right in the world to have her feelings hurt over how Tia treated her. I am glad she’ll be doing BIP this year and I kinda imagine her being the Bachelorette a few years from now. I agree totally with those who say she’s not ready to be the Bachelorette yet.

Tia: It’s not up to you to decide who is or isn’t ready for marriage. And that talk with Arie was not a good look. He was not your friend (though he may be at some point) and you were not worried that Bekah would break Arie’s heart (that’s just the excuse you tell yourself) , he was a guy you sorta liked (who was a part of what you consider your Bachelorette interview process) and it was not your place. Also, you only confessed right away to try and mitigate potential backlash. ‘Sorry’ doesn’t change a thing.

So disappointed in her behavior in relationship to that issue and on how she came across on this episode because I really did like her and I even liked the things a lot of others don’t (like her original Weiner joke and her swearing). But she now seems very calculating (which I guess they all kinda are because they all want the Bachelorette gig but she’s being a bit too heavy handed and obvious about it) and those big dry eyes while she pretended to sob was really off putting. I’d be okay with her being over it by now, but those fake sniffles, eye rubs and sobs was just insulting. 

That said, she was obviously being given the ‘this is our next Bachelorette’ interview right down to the “I’m open to the chance to fall in love again” line. But we’ll see. Just because she thinks she has it in the bag and TPTB have set her up for the job, doesn’t even mean she’ll get it. She wouldn’t be the first to have that rug pulled out from under her.

Arie: I just don’t know if I like him or not. Or maybe it’s more that I don’t know how much I dislike him. He’s definitely been fairly boring and he’s definitely a womanizer (whether he was before Emily’s season too, I don’t know) and he’s well known to be frequently pretty dishonest and ‘fickle’ in his romantic relationships. But I tend to enjoy and appreciate the way he handles confrontation.  

He handled Krystal (who did herself no favors by insisting on that side by side talk) masterfully and bluntly tonight and he reacted appropriately to Caroline.

Other:

I missed Brittany, she was just so fun.

I still love Jacqueline and love her look.  I heard a few podcasts where she was referred to as being either average or even ugly and I was surprised but I guess I shouldn’t be. She’s unique looking and anything unique is likely to get an unusually wide range of reactions.

The only outfits that I noticed and liked was Caroline’s white pant suit (although a few of the back-rowers had outfits that looked potentially promising-primarily Jenna’s)

Blockers? *Uck this crap. I don’t want to see a bunch of non-Bachelor people on the Bachelor couch. Even if I’d wanted to see this movie (which, no), I wouldn’t want to now that it’s been ham-fisted into this episode.

Mis

Edited by nicgwatchingtv
  • Love 4

Blockers? *Uck this crap. I don’t want to see a bunch of non-Bachelor people on the Bachelor couch. Even if I’d wanted to see this movie (which, no), I wouldn’t want to now that it’s been ham-fisted into this episode.

I couldn't escape Blockers yesterday. I went to see Game Night (good movie), and saw a preview for Blockers, and it looks like just an absolute piece of shit. And then I can't even escape it on The Bachelor. 

Still, that segue Harrison did from Blockers, the movie, to "Best Blocker moments on The Bachelor", was pretty good. I can see why he gets paid the big bucks. 

• Love 2

Jacqueline is attractive enough but I don't find her gorgeous.  And she does this sniffing thing and has a halting way of speaking (while sniffing in between) that I find off putting.  It's probably just some sort of insecurity tic but I can't help but think of this every time she does it..

hqdefault.jpg

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, Token said:

I think Krystal needs to do some research on what Zen Buddhism actually is.

Why would she want to do that? She's a life coach or something, she's supposed to spout new age platitudes and encourage people to breathe out now and then - she's not wanting to pass herself off as a Zen monk.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, yorklee2 said:

Why did she feel threatened? Even if she wasn't jealous of Arie's feelings for Bekah she was of her perceived position going into hometowns IMO.

Just my take: I think Tia was utterly shocked to find herself on the elimination date. I think she was doubly shocked to find that Kendall received the first rose and it was down to her and Bekah. 

Tia overestimated her connection with Arie. She probably thought she'd sewn up a hometown by telling him she was falling in love. On that date, she realized how badly she'd miscalculated, and she panicked. While I don't think she said anything malicious or particularly newsworthy to Arie about Bekah's age, Tia likely felt she'd been put in a position where she had to fight for the hometown date - and she was wholly unprepared. Hence the conversation she had with Arie. She went for the low-hanging fruit in a pinch, hoping it would work. I don't think she was ever jealous of Bekah or Bekah's connection with Arie - but that was likely the moment when she did begin to panic about the strength of her own. We all know the members of a 2-on-1 are never the F1.

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Love 15

Ok so the stuff that krystal said that was bleeped out? was that the stuff that she supposedly said on the bus on the way back after the bowling party? Did she sleep with Arie and thats why she called him "needle d*k"?  as soon as she saw Arie that obnoxious voice was back "oh hi"... ugh. I cant explain why i just do not like Tia. She woud be god on BIP but please god no bachlorette!!

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Just my take: I think Tia was utterly shocked to find herself on the elimination date. I think she was doubly shocked to find that Kendall received the first rose and it was down to her and Bekah. 

Tia overestimated her connection with Arie. She probably thought she'd sewn up a hometown by telling him she was falling in love. On that date, she realized how badly she'd miscalculated, and she panicked. While I don't think she said anything malicious or particularly newsworthy to Arie about Bekah's age, Tia likely felt she'd been put in a position where she had to fight for the hometown date - and she was wholly unprepared. Hence the conversation she had with Arie. She went for the low-hanging fruit in a pinch, hoping it would work. I don't think she was ever jealous of Bekah or Bekah's connection with Arie - but that was likely the moment when she did begin to panic about the strength of her own. We all know the members of a 2-on-1 are never the F1.

I could not agree with this more!  As a viewer you could observe, and I'm betting Tia could see this on playback herself, Arie was not nearly as into her as she was at least claiming to be into him.  And she was definitely blind to that.  Maybe she didn't see it because she was caught up in the moment, but I think it's clear when juxtaposed against his demeanor with other women he was more into.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

This actually makes a lot of sense. She obviously still continued this into the RC last week as she was sure her connection was stronger than Kendall's and stressing over it. Although I'm not sure her end game was Arie after some of the stuff she's said in interviews. She made a bad call and it cost her IMO.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 2

My favorite part was Krystal speaking in a regular voice to the girls, saying that her breathless voice was because she lost her voice (for six weeks!), then putting on the breathless voice again as soon as she's on the couch with Arie...then it flipping to the regular voice as soon as he confronts her.  She is so fake. 

Also -- her hair is horrible. It looks fried. It did the entire run of the show. She needs a deep conditioning treatment. 

• Love 5

I'm watching this now and am wondering how many of the women are auditioning to be Bachelorette on this the Tell All?

Bekah - Yes, but I guess she won't be since she's going on Paradise.

Caroline - No

Krystal - No, hopeless cause. Maybe Paradise.

Seinne - Yes. She's having a good audition right now in her conversation with Chris. Seems a front-runner so far.

Tia - Yes. At least she is honest and not doing fake apologies. Now it's her turn to audition. Oh, Chris is hoping she won't keep her guard up again. And the big question: Are you ready to love again? Important question for the Bachelorette job interview! She's open to the chance to fall in love again! (Codespeak for I'm willing to be the next Bachelorette.)

And here comes the good part!! Bekah's mom is a good sport.

Hmm...Ari says he wishes he could unwind time and do things differently . . . hmmm. Oooo, Ari, giving it back to Krystal!

Oh, movie commercial. Time to check on the taco meat I'm making.

Well, I'm curious to find out what happens next. I'll find out tomorrow night! (I watch via Amazon Prime.)

• Love 2
23 hours ago, kira28 said:

God I hate Tia. She comes off as so fake. I never saw any type of spark between her and Arie. They were friends at most. She's very unattractive. The thin lips and pointy nose. I see a  old lady face every time I look at her.

I think she's cute. She has pretty eyes and a lovely smile.

• Love 7

The bloopers segment needs to be eliminated. I say this because everything that is worthy of showing there should appear in the actual episodes week after week. Bibiana inhaling a burger...put that in the show! Arie's butt conversation and the follow up squats...put that in the show!

I still don't believe Krystal was anything more than an actress playing a role, so I can't even get worked up about her performance here. Marikh, on the other hand, woah! This is truly who she is. Frankly, that sort of excessive focus on your appearance should be shamed.

But the most outrageous part of the season was the movie promo. Get the hell out of here with that crap. I guarantee I WILL NOT WATCH that movie! Anyone involved in placing that promo on this show should be ashamed of themselves. We already get 20+ minutes of ads every hour this show airs. This is why people are dropping live TV in droves, and your little trick of inserting ads into the shows themselves is just going to make it worse.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, yorklee2 said:

Regarding the Tia vs Bekah debate I feel both sides have a logical argument. Do I think Bekah was honestly ready to marry Arie and settle down? No I don't. Her persona was somewhat of a paradox to me. On one hand she seemed very mature and articulate for her age on another it was painfully obvious just how young she really was and that she was in over her head.

I think people in their 20s who are still figuring themselves out can often be a little like that. I have a friend who's a good ten years younger than me, and about half the time, I forget that he's as young as he is. And then he'll say or do something that initially makes me go "WTF is wrong with you?" until I remember his actual age, and it all makes sense. I don't think my friend makes quite as much of a deliberate effort to seem older and more mature as Bekah does, but there is still a bit of that same occasional flip-flop that is undoubtedly not nearly as obvious to him (or Bekah) as it is to others around.

• Love 4

Thinking about how young Beccah (?) went to a pot farm to recuperate makes me thing even more that she isn't as mature as she thinks she is.  What if he married her and she and her and he found out she is still in the pot stage?  Not that there is anything wrong with the pot stage but marriage between 2 potheads = disaster and 1 pothead and a normal person = disaster.  I'm not judging since I was a pothead and now I am normal.

• Love 4

Who all was absent from the women tell all? I forget their names but i know the gal who left for her grandfather's funeral and then was the one from San Fran who was humiliated when Arie wouldn't kiss her or whatever? I felt bad for her. I wonder if she's done any interviews since the show. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, birdmom said:

Who all was absent from the women tell all? I forget their names but i know the gal who left for her grandfather's funeral and then was the one from San Fran who was humiliated when Arie wouldn't kiss her or whatever? I felt bad for her. I wonder if she's done any interviews since the show. 

Only Maquel was absent, that I noticed, the one who left for the grandfather's funeral.The one he wouldn't kiss was Annaliese, the one with racing car and dog trauma, and she was there. The others missing, as far as I can recall, were from night one and they are often not there. Nysha, for example and a Bri or another Brittaney? Valerie with the plum hair who I liked wasn't there I don't think, but again she left pretty early.

Edited by violet and green
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 2/26/2018 at 1:18 PM, MakeMeLaugh said:

Bekah is the most immature 22 year old who’s ever been on my screen. She seemed more like a precocious 15. “I’m sorry I was born in 1995.” Give me a fucking break.

Really?  I thought it was a pretty accurate  statement to show the ridiculousness of it all.  It's like the times on reality shows in which someone makes a comment about a woman being menopausal as a slam -- as if they'll never be that old some day.  Bekah is not much younger than most of the women on the show.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 5
(edited)
16 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Really?  I thought it was a pretty accurate  statement to show the ridiculousness of it all.  It's like the times on reality shows in which someone makes a comment about a woman being menopausal as a slam -- as if they'll never be that old some day.  Bekah is not much younger than most of the women on the show.  

Bekah curated (as she defines curated) her shtick to come across as the youngest woman. She was much like Ashley I, who cornered herself into the virgin shtick with whoever the Bachelor was that season. Our takeaway re Bekah is simply that she is way too young for Arie. Not a slam, it was the role she brought to the table and seemed to enjoy playing, for instance by pointing out herself that she is the youngest by mentioning when she was born (no one asked her to volunteer that). We didn't see age defensiveness or even a mention about their ages from the young women who are only a few months older than Bekah (much like the Becca on Ashley's season who also happened to be a virgin didn't feel the need to play it up). I agree it was ridiculous, and hope Show is done with it.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

Bekah curated (as she defines curated) her shtick to come across as the youngest woman. She was much like Ashley I, who cornered herself into the virgin shtick with whoever the Bachelor was that season. Our takeaway re Bekah is simply that she is way too young for Arie. Not a slam, it was the role she brought to the table and seemed to enjoy playing, for instance by pointing out herself that she is the youngest by mentioning when she was born (no one asked her to volunteer that). We didn't see age defensiveness or even a mention about their ages from the young women who are only a few months older than Bekah (much like the Becca on Ashley's season who also happened to be a virgin didn't feel the need to play it up). I agree it was ridiculous, and hope Show is done with it.

Interesting perspective.  I guess I missed her happily playing that role, but I miss a lot while this crap show is on!  I just assumed this "she's so young" stuff was shoved down our throat by the producers as a story line.

• Love 3

They were all too young for Arie physically, as he’s about as spry as a sedentary 65 yo. Mentally, they were mostly too old for Arie, who is really immature. 

The only real slam was needledick.  Oh Krystal, I’d really like to take you out for coffee but keep it secret so no one knows I approve of calling him a needledick.  It’s mean and juvenile.  But IMO, something physical happened with those two, maybe as early as Arizona.  So she probably knows first hand.

Beckah “curated “ her image even more than Krystal.  Krystal ended up being the one who won my heart.  Needledick!

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

They were all too young for Arie physically, as he’s about as spry as a sedentary 65 yo. Mentally, they were mostly too old for Arie, who is really immature. 

Which is why Lauren is the perfect woman for him. Mannequins are ageless.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

I disagree i think.  The whole “is Bekah” too young was producer driven with the help of a few women like the ever wise Tia.  I think that they took the scene where Arie was freaked out about her being 22 (assuming it wasn’t planned since he didn’t seem to care about the 23 year olds) and built a storyline around it for what was otherwise a boring season.  The whole thing got a lot of play because her age wasn’t listed on her bio (what a mystery!!!!).  That was the producers.  I think that she seemed to be managing things because she actually thought about what she was doing which is unusual on these shows.

• Love 1
(edited)

I liked Bekah on the show but she thoroughly annoyed me on WTA. Her "I'm too mature for my age" act is annoying and she thinks she's the worldliest person in the room. I'm sorry, no matter how "mature" you are at 22, your view on life changes when you hit your late 20s. That's just natural and that's life and it's not a put down on her. For example, when she is near her 30s, she would probably start thinking whether she would want to be a "nanny" as a life career or whether going to a pot farm with friends is worthwhile activity. I would have respected her if she just owned being called young. Just say it's true that you have your fabulous youth to enjoy! But no, she has to be offended people brought up her age as a topic of conversation. I never felt defensive about my age when I was 22. I loved being young.

Krsytal was sort of gross on the show with her baby voice and empty platitudes but seems...likable on WTA. She's finally using her authentic voice, which is attractive and even the audience can't seem to bring themselves to boo the "villain" of the show. She's fun and I liked her reaction to Caroline who was being such a drama queen to matters that doesn't affect her. 

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 3/1/2018 at 1:46 PM, sasha206 said:

Interesting perspective.  I guess I missed her happily playing that role, but I miss a lot while this crap show is on!  I just assumed this "she's so young" stuff was shoved down our throat by the producers as a story line.

This is exactly what it was. In a preview to the season they had her age delibrately listed as ?? to draw attention to it. In an Ashley I interview during Nick's season they asked her why Corrine was constantly mentioning her "nanny" and what a bad look it gave her. Ashley said that the producers in her case told her to play up the virgin angle so to be fair to Corrine she was sure that's what was going on with her. Granted it's a role these contestants agree to portray  but I'm not sure if they would  if not encouraged by producers.

ETA: After posting I see that @call me ishmael had the same thoughts.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, waving feather said:

I liked Bekah on the show but she thoroughly annoyed me on WTA. Her "I'm too mature for my age" act is annoying and she thinks she's the worldiest person in the room. I'm sorry, no matter how "mature" you are at 22, your view on life changes when you hit your late 20s. That's just natural and that's life and it's not a put down on her. For example, when she is near her 30s, she would probably start thinking whether she would want to be a "nanny" as a life career or whether going to a pot farm with friends is worthwhile activity. I would have respected her if she just owned being called young. Just say it's true that you have your fabulous youth to enjoy! But no, she has so be all offended people brought out her age as a topic of conversation. I never felt defensive about my age when I was 22. I loved being young.

Krsytal was sort of gross on the show with her baby voice and empty platitudes but seems...likable on WTA. She's finally using her authentic voice, which is attractive and even the audience can't seem to bring themselves to boo the "villain" of the show. She's fun and I liked her reaction to Caroline who was being such a drama queen to matters that doesn't affect her. 

Very good points.

And yes, Krystal came off as much more likable on WTA  I also agree that Caroline was such a drama queen.  Was she let go early?  I don't even remember her at all.   Her questioning of Arie made me think holy shit did Arie pull a Weinstein?  Seriously, if you're on a show where you essentially agree to marry someone you've been on  group dates with and a handful of private dates, you should realize your relationship is precarious at best.  And of course I'm sure the producers encourage all types of shenanigans such that there is the MOST SHOCKING rose ceremonly/episode/proposal EVER.

• Love 1

I didn't like Bekah saying that Arie was the one insecure because he was too old for her. He is on a show with 29 women after him, I doubt he was insecure. Between Bekah's over the top facial reactions during the show, and the missing posters and Marijuana farm, it is all too much 'curating' for my taste.

I liked Jacquline in terms of personality, but if she really feels she is above it all and particularly Arie, why go on the show? She is not seeking TV time and not interested in getting married so why go on?

• Love 7
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Bekah's over the top facial reactions during the show

You mean like the "I'm soooo shocked!" fish face she seems to love making?

image.png.6e64dc5a6e43e75bc0e0d8b3b5c40298.png

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

You mean like the "I'm soooo shocked!" fish face she seems to love making?

Thanks for that! shocked fish face, indeed!  

I wonder if  she was in a lot of school plays.  In live theater, emotional reactions and facial expressions have to be exaggerated for the audience.  It doesn't translate well to the TV screen. 

• Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, backformore said:

Thanks for that! shocked fish face, indeed!  

I wonder if  she was in a lot of school plays.  In live theater, emotional reactions and facial expressions have to be exaggerated for the audience.  It doesn't translate well to the TV screen. 

I just assumed she was doing her own take of the exaggerated Olivia Caridi faces :)

giphy.gif

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3

I'll take Fish Face Bekah over I'm going to eat your head Olivia anyday. I can't even fathom what would cause that large an open mouth reaction. Did someone tell her they were tossing her a grapefruit and if she catches it in her mouth she wins the show?

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I'll take Fish Face Bekah over I'm going to eat your head Olivia anyday. I can't even fathom what would cause that large an open mouth reaction. Did someone tell her they were tossing her a grapefruit and if she catches it in her mouth she wins the show?

Funny. I always wondered about that when the season was airing. I don't know if she has a natural bone structure that allows her mouth to open wider or she was overreacting for theatrics. Either way not a good look.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Olivia supposedly had bad breath as well, so I shudder every time I see a picture of her wide-open mouth.

Yes that's right! I pictured a big cartoon green fume coming from her mouth when I read that. LOL

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I always thought that "bad breath" comment made by one of those horrid twins was just her acting like a 5 year old.

My memory's kind of vague on this but I thought there were others that thought that also. I do remember, either coming from one of the other girls or a poster on here, that on a cooking group date in Mexico they observed Ben trying to get her to eat some mint leaves. Taking it that her breath was bad and he was trying in a nice way to remedy it without coming right out and telling her. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, yorklee2 said:

My memory's kind of vague on this but I thought there were others that thought that also. I do remember, either coming from one of the other girls or a poster on here, that on a cooking group date in Mexico they observed Ben trying to get her to eat some mint leaves. Taking it that her breath was bad and he was trying in a nice way to remedy it without coming right out and telling her. 

I'm not sure if anyone else verified it, I don't remember.  I do remember the mint, I think that was a producer thing.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I'm not sure if anyone else verified it, I don't remember.  I do remember the mint, I think that was a producer thing.

Could be Bytor. If producer driven they succeeded because I was definitely left with the impression she had bad breath. Whether it was all justified or not she truly got a BAD edit that season.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mu Shu said:

It was also rumored that Britt doesn’t shower.  No way was that girl unwashed and crusty.   Hair and skin were too clean and healthy to have dodgy hygiene. 

I agree. It was started I think because they said in the mornings she looked like she had went to bed with her makeup on. They were probably just jealous that even in the mornings she was still prettier than most of them.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, yorklee2 said:

Whether it was all justified or not she truly got a BAD edit that season.

That's right, don't forget her cankles and ugly toes. 

8 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Hair and skin were too clean and healthy to have dodgy hygiene. 

LOL when I 1st read this I thought it said "doggy" hygiene.  I guess that could apply as well :)

• Love 2