Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E10: Week 9

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

22 hours ago, Jazzhands said:

Arie’s proclamations of love to all three women reminded me of a guy who says, “I love pizza,” “I love hamburgers,” “I love beer.”  

I love lamp.

• Love 9

I don’t think Lauren is depressed! She’s just a blah dud-like her family! In particular, her mom. They ALL were extremely quiet and Arie admitted there was lots of awkward silence. They are dull and now so is their daughter. It’s just that simple. 

Introverted is fine. But being dull is inexcusable. I like animated people (but not as animated as Bekah M walking down the street with her face always “on”.) 

Everyone bags on Arie for being dull. He’s not THAT bad. He excitedly tried to show Lauren things in Paris & Peru. She’s the dud with no emotion. 

I think Arie is cute too-not “Grandpa Possum”, lol. Damn, people are harsh. 

• Love 6

YMMV, but just because people are quiet doesn't mean they are dull. So, Lauren's family is quiet or quiet around a stranger like Arie or in this unusual situation but that doesn't mean they are dull. Some people just like to be chill and non dramatic.

• Love 4

Lauren did mention earlier that her parents’ bad relationship affected her—perhaps the quiet awkwardness during the hometown date was because the people who were there all hate each other. Maybe her parents aren’t even together.

• Love 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Arie is still hungering for Emily and Lauren seems to be the closest match!  

A friend of mine told me this week that she knows the whole story, spoilers and all (I asked her not to tell me!) and she said it's a doozy.  

Camp out for the 5 hours this week!

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, waving feather said:

YMMV, but just because people are quiet doesn't mean they are dull. So, Lauren's family is quiet or quiet around a stranger like Arie or in this unusual situation but that doesn't mean they are dull. Some people just like to be chill and non dramatic.

That’s great for real life, but dull for the viewers.  We want to see messiness, or at the least some energy.  

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

That’s great for real life, but dull for the viewers.  We want to see messiness, or at the least some energy.  

Oh, okay. If we are talking about just on reality TV then sure... Bring on Clares or even Ashley Is. In that case, both Arie and Becca are "dull" as well because they seem pretty normal for reality TV standards.

• Love 2
On 2/28/2018 at 3:35 PM, Sterling said:

Don't go to Daily Mail either.  I had to click away really fast to not see it.

And don't google anything Arie either.  Apparently, there is some huge spoiler, but I don't want to know.

Yeah, this very annoying. I almost saw the DM spoiler too - and they actually put it in the title of the article, so your eye naturally sees it anyway! I feel "half spoiled," and I'm very annoyed by this.  When did it become okay to ruin shows for people not actively seeking the spoiler out?! It sounds like the spoilers are everywhere, and there is no attempt to even obscure the info for those who don't want to be spoiled. I have to stay off the internet until Wednesday morning now, I guess. Considering how pissed off ABC was about Reality Steve, I'm surprised they don't go after the other websites. 

• Love 6

I think the reason why i see Lauren as depressed is because of her lack of enthusiasm at the architecture in Europe and the glyph thingies (sorry, forgot the name). I know when my depression acts up i can barely muster a few words and my butt would have been firmly planted in my airplane seat too. I do have a personality but when you feel depressed it's hard to show enjoyment or enthusiasm. Or ... she could just be dull and shy, who knows. Either way i think she's a perfect match for Arie. I don't think he appreciates intelligence or a good personality anyway.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, lightbeam said:

Yeah, this very annoying. I almost saw the DM spoiler too - and they actually put it in the title of the article, so your eye naturally sees it anyway! I feel "half spoiled," and I'm very annoyed by this.  When did it become okay to ruin shows for people not actively seeking the spoiler out?! It sounds like the spoilers are everywhere, and there is no attempt to even obscure the info for those who don't want to be spoiled. I have to stay off the internet until Wednesday morning now, I guess. Considering how pissed off ABC was about Reality Steve, I'm surprised they don't go after the other websites. 

I’m putting this under spoiler tags for those who still want the suspense

Spoiler

I susoect that the difference is that RS always spoils predictable endings where the only suspense is who is picked.  This time they want people to actually believe CH on how dramatic it is so that people will watch for the train crash.

• Love 1
On 2/26/2018 at 11:35 PM, clubsauce said:

Why do we have to go through with the pretense of that EXACT same fantasy suite invitation every damn time?? Like we think that Chris gets his special stationery and calligraphy markers out and thoughtfully crafts each note, wondering to himself who will forgo and who won’t. 

Wait... are you saying he doesn't?

On 3/2/2018 at 1:26 AM, chocolatine said:

What confuses me most about Lauren is that she is, according to the job title the show uses for her, a "tech salesperson." I've worked with many software salespeople, and by virtue of their job they have to be gregarious, well-spoken, and persistent. If they don't meet their quotas within the first six months, they're fired. So unless Lauren has multiple personality disorder, how does she make a living? And no, in tech/software sales you don't close deals just by being young, blonde, and thin - clients are much too savvy for that.

Maybe she's actually a booth babe? That would, I imagine, be considered a "tech sales" job — at least as far as Bachelor job titles are concerned. I would also think that being fun and bubbly would be an asset even there, but maybe it's not a requirement?

Assuming any reality at all, Ross was 100% set up. He really did seem to believe that she would be happy to see him, and even said that he had no intention of trying to convince her, which definitely makes me lean toward the theory that some producer called him up and told him that Becca still wanted him, and if he showed up in Peru, he could whisk her off into a happy ending. But for that to work, he would also have to want that, and if that's the case, this would rank pretty high up there for skeezy things this franchise has done to people.

I was surprised at how un-bothered he seems about telling both of these women that he loves them. But maybe they had to cut some of his angst to fit in Ross. With five hours next week, no matter what insane thing goes down, surely that leaves plenty of time for tortured-Arie-is-torn scenes. Regardless, though, dude's gonna have some splainin' to do when this is over.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, kingshearte said:

Assuming any reality at all, Ross was 100% set up. He really did seem to believe that she would be happy to see him, and even said that he had no intention of trying to convince her, which definitely makes me lean toward the theory that some producer called him up and told him that Becca still wanted him, and if he showed up in Peru, he could whisk her off into a happy ending. But for that to work, he would also have to want that, and if that's the case, this would rank pretty high up there for skeezy things this franchise has done to people.

Oh it was an absolute set up!  This franchise is pretty much a huge joke now anyway.  I still can't get past the bachelors they have toted as "to die for", please!  Ben is a child and can't even find a date among the has-beens on these seasons.  Chris is going to jail, we've had a drug addict that was supposed to be Italian royalty whatever the hell that means.

• Love 5
(edited)

If Lauren was clinically depressed, I doubt she would have the energy to put so much effort into her elaborate maquillage. Depressed, beyond a certain point I don't wash my hair or put on makeup - let alone plaster it on in elaborate detail, layer upon layer, complete with false eyelashes. I noted Baby Bekah gave up on it all, on her last date...

But to be as shutdown as Lauren is (Notre Dame - Wow - sounding totally unenthused; the whole of Paris - Wow, ditto; we're going to Tuscany? - pained expression; the Nazca Lines - eh ), is surely something other than depression. Is it jetlag? Is it shocking constipation?? It could be both. I think she is just a dull, cold, small-minded little woman. She has a very nice figure, though.

Edited by violet and green
forgot the joy of Tuscany!
  • Love 10

Agreed that if Lauren is clinically depressed she would not be interested in going on The Bachelor, too much work. It’s not depression-it’s her! 

Suddenly she is very into Arie. But I recall when she got the second one on one date with him (the one that Jaqueline was jealous of), she looked totally unenthused, even pained.

She said, “I am so surprised...” or something with no affect. The other girls squeal when they get dates with Arie but Lauren seemed almost annoyed. Then on the date all she could say was “wow”. I think a) she is indeed dull, not just quiet and b) wasn’t that into Arie but convinced herself she was due to being in the top four. 

• Love 6
(edited)
On 3/2/2018 at 7:13 PM, Jeanne222 said:

Arie is still hungering for Emily and Lauren seems to be the closest match!  

Nah.  I think that was his cover story to explain all the internet buzz about him being a player.  With aching heart, he continued to date many women in search of “the one.”   Pfffffft. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Wings said:

Post what she told you in the spoiler thread, you may know some details RS didn’t include.

I told her not to tell me, so I don't know the spoilers!  

I'm trying to be careful not to find out, either.  I think it will be good!

42 minutes ago, Sterling said:

I told her not to tell me, so I don't know the spoilers!  

I'm trying to be careful not to find out, either.  I think it will be good!

For some reason I didn’t register on this and you said it clearly! 

On 3/1/2018 at 4:57 PM, Madding crowd said:

My unpopular opinion is I think Lauren is beautiful with or without makeup and I think maybe she is just naturally shy and/or introverted. I don't assume she is dumb because she doesn't talk  a lot. I like Becca too although I don't find her particularly attractive. With Kendall, I never felt she was serious about Arie and the taxidermy stuff just creeps me out. I just can't get onboard with a hobby that involves scooping up road kill (I understand most people who do taxidermy do not do that). Not sure if I am up for hours upon hours of a finale, but I can always DVR and skip through the recaps and other dull stuff. 

I agree. Actually, I thought all the women looked good without makeup. They certainly looked better than I do first thing in the morning! I also saw a few brief clips in which Lauren did seem to have a personality. I suspect they are heavily editing her to make her seem mysterious. 

I am unspoiled so this is just my opinion: I think Becca is the one Arie thinks he should pick but Lauren is the one he really "loves." He doesn't seem as giddy around Becca as he does Lauren. 

Kendall as just filler as they needed three women. It was obvious she wasn't that into Arie and vice versa. 

• Love 2
(edited)

But I recall when she got the second one on one date with him (the one that Jaqueline was jealous of), she looked totally unenthused, even pained.

.... The other girls squeal when they get dates with Arie but Lauren seemed almost annoyed. Then on the date all she could say was “wow”. I think a) she is indeed dull, not just quiet and b) wasn’t that into Arie but convinced herself she was due to being in the top four. 

And this is why Arie is so into Lauren, IMHO!  I bet you she's the only hot young blond (other than, maybe, Emily) who's ever been/played hard to get.  Having to put himself out to "win" Lauren is probably a relatively new experience for Arie and one that galvanizes him. Men do love the chase. 

Remember how Arie's last girlfriend, interviewed by Reality Steve, was also a cute young blonde, but in her case, she looked Arie up on Instagram and made the first move, then slept with him the day she met him? I bet Arie has never had to work to get a pretty girl in his life, Emily and Lauren notwithstanding. 

Between Arie's good looks (check out some of his younger pics), his celebrity dad, and his own quasi-glamorous status as an amateur racer with cool car and racing suit, I bet that from puberty on, he's had pretty babes throwing themselves at him.  No need to put in much effort on his part. But then you have Lauren--attractive young blond, just Arie's type--who withheld from him for most of the show! Who unexpectedly did not immediately succumb to his charm and good looks, as far as we know. Bet that took him by surprise. And I think it made Lauren even more attractive to him! 

Now, you could ask, more attractive than pretty, easy-to-talk-to-and-be-a-goofball-with Becca? Jury is still out on that.

BTW, I looked at some of Lauren's Instagram pics. She looks pleasant and animated enough.  I have no idea if she's actually boring or not. But yeah, she does not make for good TV.

Edited by adhoc
  • Love 2
(edited)

Whatever the spoiler is, I do think it will be good!

My friend who knows, says she knows the whole story, and she was dying to tell me!  So I asked if she's still going to watch all 5 hours, and she said, "OMG, I cannot wait to see the fallout from all that happened!" 

So, even those who know, say it's apparently really good.

I do know who he picked, because when I saw The Daily Mail article, I accidentally saw before I clicked away.  But I don't want to know more....yet!

This is like recording a football game, then walking around like the "see no evil" monkeys for a week!

Edited by Sterling
11 hours ago, adhoc said:

And this is why Arie is so into Lauren, IMHO!  I bet you she's the only hot young blond (other than, maybe, Emily) who's ever been/played hard to get.  Having to put himself out to "win" Lauren is probably a relatively new experience for Arie and one that galvanizes him. Men do love the chase. 

I think that might be what people mean when they say Lauren is his replacement for Emily. It's what I mean. Not that they look and act 100% alike but Lauren is also a pretty blonde (seems to be a type for him) who he has to really work to impress. It's also why I think she might be playing him, playing up the whole "I'm so aloof that not even Tuscany or Paris impress me", because she knows that's what gets Arie salivating. If it is a game, good on her because it is 100% working. If not, then girl sucks! Anyone who doesn't get excited about going on a free vacation sucks! Take me on a free vacation to another country and I'll be a squeeling little fangirl in about two seconds. Of course I love to travel and experience new places. Maybe Lauren's just a homebody who hates anything foreign. 

• Love 1

I wondered if Lauren was air sick on the flight to look at the glyphs?  She looked like she rather be anywhere else more than usual.  I don't think Lauren was into Arie at all until he told her he loved her.  She's not a good fit with the premise of the show because she couldn't handle him dating anyone else.  

Becca was a real sport to sleep in that desert tent.  Was there a bathroom anywhere?  Then they had to have their breakfast on the sand?  Um, no.  The old boyfriend setup was so dumb.  "I don't want to be on the show, I just want her back!?"  Um, how did you know where she was and how did you get there?  I'm just guessing the show sent you.

• Love 3
On 3/4/2018 at 6:22 PM, Mabinogia said:

I think that might be what people mean when they say Lauren is his replacement for Emily. It's what I mean. Not that they look and act 100% alike but Lauren is also a pretty blonde (seems to be a type for him)

As for her being his 'type' it makes me think back to how many damned blondes there were in the beginning... I too am in the 'The only girl he really wants' being Lauren; but it's killing him that she can't just effuse about him and all the wonders around her with more than a 'wow'. He wants the one he can't have. This is why it will blow up on him in the end as [unspoiled speculation] she realizes his 'I love you' was just to get her to the fantasy suite and that he's also giving the same lines to Becca and she blows this popstand leaving Becca who learns the same and says she doesn't want him either if she's second best... and voila! Arie is left with nobody to propose to. [/us]

2 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

Arie is left with nobody to propose to.

I kind of wonder if he would prefer it to end that way. Then he can go on all the offshoot shows and woo more women. I am about 8% convinced Arie has any desire to actually "settle down". He may have fallen in love with one...or two of them...or three...or all. I just don't think Arie's "love" is quite as long term as most people's. I think he loved Becca when he bedded her and he loved Kendall when he got her naked and he loved Lauren when she finally gave him the time of day. And he moved on to loving the next one the next day. 

On 3/3/2018 at 9:57 PM, jumper sage said:

Oh it was an absolute set up!  This franchise is pretty much a huge joke now anyway.  I still can't get past the bachelors they have toted as "to die for", please!  Ben is a child and can't even find a date among the has-beens on these seasons.  Chris is going to jail, we've had a drug addict that was supposed to be Italian royalty whatever the hell that means.

And he sold dog shampoo!  And let’s not forget the Canadian football player, he wasn’t NFL, and what about Flapjack?  He was just dumb, mean, AND ugly.  And relatively poor/living off someone

• Love 3

And what about that dried up old fisherman?  He wasn’t that great of a catch, pun not even intended.

bunch of flat ass losers.  Brad and Firestone were it for me, and Firestone seems drunk all the time.  

I remember being so disapointed when CHarlie Oconell got to the final ceremony and told Chris harrison he couldnt choose, and I remember feeling embarassed that the 2 women agreed to keep dating him, knowing he was sleeping with the other--looking back, he was actually pretty smart. And Brad got all kinds of flack for choosing himself. interesting!!

• Love 1

Airie: Lauren, because I am a totally egotistically piece of shit who cannot make up his mind, will you give me another chance?

Lauren: LIKE OF COURSE! OMG, like you are, LIKE, the man of my dreams!!!

Lauren deserves every second of torture heading her way.

• Love 3