Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E10: Week 9

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Why do these women dance around what the real issue is when trying to explain what their issue is?  Isn't it this:

"I love you.  I want us to be together at the end and always but I don't know if you love me and/or you love one or both of the other women.  I'm freaking out because I want you to choose me but I know you can't even hint to me what will happen."

• Love 11

"The Unspoken connection" and "can't put it into words". So that's what they're calling their boring escapade? From 0 to I love yous with Leann Rimes to top it off. Whatever. I'm ready for this to be over.

• Love 5

Becca K sounds like she is suffering from a head cold...not romantic for kissing.  Plus, I would not want to be near all those birds!  Can you imagine the bird poop?!

"Grandpa" Arie with the black socks, goofy shoes & black shorts showing off his scrawny legs...he did not look attractive!

• Love 3

Not gonna lie, I was kind of hoping during that dramatic buildup with "Ross" that he'd end up running into Becca and say, "Excuse me. Sorry. I'm looking for my ex, Caroline, do you know where she is?"

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Stan39 said:

Not gonna lie, I was kind of hoping during that dramatic buildup with "Ross" that he'd end up running into Becca and say, "Excuse me. Sorry. I'm looking for my ex, Caroline, do you know where she is?"

Hahahahaha

"Hey, I'm looking for Tia.  I thought she'd be here." 

"Yeah, so did we."

• Love 6

Ross seems like a nice enough guy, although his hair might be the sharpest part on him.  I guess Becca has a type.

ETA:  Okay, I got sick of Ross pretty quick.  See ya in Bachelor in Paradise buddy.

Edited by phlebas
  • Love 10
Just now, dizzyd said:

Why  do I even bother? Even UnReal is better scripted than this. The ex pawn couldn't do anything for the past year or all the weeks they were in the US? He had to fly to Peru to make it dramatic. Anyone buying this crap? 

This has become as scripted as Unreal if not more.  I highly doubt anyone is buying it. 

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, EllenB said:

How many buzzwords did they pay Ross the meathead ex to say?  Ugh, get a court order against this stalker creep, Becca.

Yeah "meathead"' describes him perfectly.  I'd add "in a short suit."

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

Why  do I even bother? Even UnReal is better scripted than this. The ex pawn couldn't do anything for the past year or all the weeks they were in the US? He had to fly to Peru to make it dramatic. Anyone buying this crap? 

Really!  Obviously the show had to ramp up the Drama and made sure to fly this guy down to "No Where Land, Peru" and have him cause a big scene. Becca did not even seem that surprised to see him.  He came across as a Jerk who felt like Becca belonged to Him and no-one else...he could not accept the fact that she had moved on with her life. (or cynical me, she went on the show to make him jealous)

• Love 6

I dunno, folks...I think Ross was set up to believe that Becca might be receptive (at least, a little) to his proposal. Or maybe Production just called him and offered to fly him down in exchange for money. Whatever. I hope he got a good chunk of change for flying down there, declaring himself (kinda) and discovering pretty quickly that the joke was on him.

Edited to ask:  Did Arie also tell Kendall he loved her? I was watching The Voice and didn't tune in until the night-time portion of the Arie/Lauren date started.

Edited by adhoc
  • Love 5

I’ve been mostly indifferent to Arie ... certainly not my type.  He is dull, dim and immature, but to me, he seemed to  have a inherent kindness (or at least good manners).  But tonight, holy crap!, he showed himself to be a complete and utter asshole.

Horrible to watch him blow smoke up the asses of two girls with so little regard for their feelings but his interaction with Ross had me thinking “sociopath” (tm Caroline).  That his first thought was that Ross’s feelings had nothing to do with Becca but are attributable to “competition”, that he wa dismissing their history and couldn’t conceive of feelings enduring for more than a year (!!!) and was so lacking in any shred of empathy for either of them.  Everything was through his own self absorbed and narcissist lens.  If he picks Becca, it will 100% be because he wanted to snatch the trophy from Ross.  What an ass!

Edited by escatefromny
  • Love 13
  • Wow. I've heard online that Arie has cheated on his girlfriends in the past, but to see his MO in action--him saying "I love you" to two women in such a heartfelt and believable manner--that's just amazing. And not in a good way.
  • I wonder what Becca's and Lauren's families think of tonight's episode.
  • I only saw the night-time portion of Lauren's date, but I actually thought she came over as reasonable and likeable--her falling under Arie's spell notwithstanding.
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, adhoc said:

I dunno, folks...I think Ross was set up to believe that Becca might be receptive (at least, a little) to his proposal. Or maybe Production just called him and offered to fly him down in exchange for money. Whatever. I hope he got a good chunk of change for flying down there, declaring himself (kinda) and discovering pretty quickly that the joke was on him.

Edited to ask:  Did Arie also tell Kendall he loved her? I was watching The Voice and didn't tune in until the night-time portion of the Arie/Lauren date started.

I don't think the Mannequin told her but she told him?  I was zoned out by all the zombiness of it all.

• Love 1

He told all 3 that he loved them.  I think he probably felt correctly that it was a prerequisite for them being ready for the fantasy suite.  But, yes, how icky ~ 3 in a row.  I can only imagine how the women felt when they watched the show back saw him saying 'I love you' to all three and they each felt so special.  I also thought Ross was pretty doggone tempting.  Maybe he'll be called  back for one of the men on 'The Bachelorette.'

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Arie says “dune buggying is like relationships”.  Ugh!

"You know, there are ups and downs" - what would we do without Arie's infinite wisdom?

Lauren scowls through yet another cool international date. What else is new?

How stupid is Becca's ex to let production play him like that? And how stupid is Becca to have wasted seven years of her life on him?

23 minutes ago, adhoc said:
  • Wow. I've heard online that Arie has cheated on his girlfriends in the past, but to see his MO in action--him saying "I love you" to two women in such a heartfelt and believable manner--that's just amazing. And not in a good way.

This! At least Ben Higgins was conflicted to the point of tears about being "in love" with two women, and he was upfront about it with JoJo. Arie's ease with it was bone-chilling. I used to think that his player reputation may be exaggerated, but I sure don't anymore.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 23

Ick. He's worse than Blob Guiney and I never thought that would be possible. 

Who goes to Peru in a suit? Oh, some guy living in The Notebook. Should have picked up the phone, or gone to Minnesota Ross, it would have been cheaper.

Lauren gets amazing dates that are wasted on her. Paris, Tuscany, Peru's Nazka Lines. Next time, take her to a paper bag factory. You'll get the same level of conversation. 

Kendall didn't seem shocked. Hope those eggs were worth it.

• Love 21
12 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Becca’s ex straight out of central casting-looks like the high school quarterback in an ill fitting suit, ugly ass shoes and blue socks.

I thought Roy from The Office. 

Man, I love Peru. I am reliving my honeymoon. There is nothing like the colors of the desert by the ocean in Paracas.

also, I love Lee Ann Rimes.

Those two things made tonight’s show worth watching. I don’t get what any of these women see in Arie. I am a wrong reasons watcher and unspoiled and cannot wait for next week. 

• Love 6

So it was really Leann singing and not some other singer poorly covering it?

By the way, I LOVED this episode.  I was on the edge of my seat.  I was having a ball.  Yeah I guess people will be mad at Arie but it was hilarious to watch.  I have to admit.  It made me nostalgic for this!

giphy.gif

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 20