Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E11: Thank You, Thuck You!

• Start Topic

The children of those in Beverly Hills are far more spoiled and privileged than most of the children in the rest of the country.  They are the ultra wealthy. It sounds as though Rinna’s kids are being forced to take care of themselves and live a more middle class lifestyle. It is harder to go from ultra wealthy to middle class than from a middle class (live with your parents) to middle class (live on your own) lifestyle where the only difference is now you have to do your own laundry.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, sol y luna said:

Lots of Botox and fillers.

I want to know what Paul was doing to Kyle at his office. Because I've avoided the sun most of my life (pale skin), I've been pretty lucky with few fine lines, but I'd like to fix the sagging issue that none of these ladies seem to have. Probably couldn't afford it, but if anyone knows what he was doing, I'd love to know.

I liked the shorter hair on Kyle, but also love her long hair, which is kind of her signature at this point. I don't know why she'd cut it if she can just do that fake-out lob every once in awhile.

2 hours ago, Higgins said:

I'm 49 and no gray yet. I am dark blonde though. 

43 and no gray hair here. My father is in his 70s and only has gray hair around the temples, the rest is still brown. I seem to have inherited his hair (which is medium brown.) Fingers crossed.

I'm definitely not on the Mason as a model train. She's pretty enough, and has gorgeous long legs. But if you compared her to the other models in that show, she stuck out as not quite model material to me. I also read she's 5'8', which is generally considered about an inch too short for the runway. I hope these girls, with all their advantages, are also encouraged to pursue their education and other less fickle avenues. Looks fade, even rich husbands don't stick around forever. 

• Love 5
On 2/27/2018 at 11:03 PM, Reality police said:

This is my pet peeve with most of the housewives, the long hair. They think it makes them younger but what they don't see is that it draws their faces down. As we age shorter is the way to go. It's like an instant face lift. Rinna gets it. Dorinda gets it. 

I don't understand the viewers reactions sometimes. When it's a woman from BH, she's chic. If it's someone like Michelle Duggar, everyone puts her down saying she needs to get that mop cut. Not a Duggar fan but I just think there is a double standard. If you have money it looks ok, if you don't you look like an Mountain raised holy roller. JMO. 

Wouldn't you??

When it's a woman from BH with long hair, she's had it cared for regularly by professionals, colored, highlighted, super shiny, trimmed so it moves nicely.  On the other hand, Michelle Duggar looks like she's never seen the inside of a salon, so her hair DOES look like an old mop.  Nothing double standard about it.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

One thing that irritates me to no end, and I am glad LVP addressed it, is Kyle and now Bethenny doing imitations of LVP's accent when they are speaking to her.  It is not funny, it is rude as hell and it is extremely condescending.  I am glad somoeone called Bethenny out on feigning to not know about Dorit and her speech situation.  Bethenny didn't seem to mind dining out with Kyle, PK and Boy George.  Pretty tacky to start picking on Dorit.   Betehnny "lost at sea" being the bastion of truth is laughable. 

The thing that amazes me is Kyle is saying and doing all this -who is the better friend crap-to be right?  If I were LVP I would have a one on one with Kyle and tell her-"I love you, but you are way too competitive and condescending to be a big part of my life.  Time for you to film with Kim again where you can fly your superiority flag." 

Maybe my memory is bad but I don't remember Lisa taking much issue in the past about Kyle mocking her accent. She would comment but when she addressed it at lunch with Kyle, it was the first time I thought she seemed actually bothered by it. I wonder if Bethenny imitating her at Kyle's event and Kyle laughing along at Lisa's expense may have had something to do with it. It's pretty common sense that even if you're the best of friends and you have things that you tease each other about, those things are off limits if you two are not on good terms because it's harder to look at those actions as lighthearted. 

• Love 6
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Deniset said:

First time poster here.  I just wanted to add my 2 cents. I'm wondering why the upset of Kyle bringing this up with Dorit on her "big night".  Dorit has no problem ruining everyone else's events by running her mouth and spreading untruths. Ruined Teddi's beach weekend. Caused problems at Teddi's spa day.  Made a complete fool of herself and embarrassed Camille at Kyle's dinner on top of complaining about everything. She even makes people uncomfortable at her own events. Talking about Lisa R at the dinner with Teddi and her husband and confronted Teddi at PK's birthday party. I loved seeing Kyle calling her out on her crap on her big night. It was about time someone did. 

Welcome to posting! I think it's because LV had particularly asked Kyle not to,  also,  isn't LV head editor at the magazine now? She wouldn't want the drama. Plus it's just good manners,  just because Dorit is such a pretentious twit about having manners,  i. e. Her obsession with stemware, but acts worse than a sailor on shore leave what with starting drama,  yelling out that other women are c~nts, dominating conversation,  and generally being an ass, doesn't mean the other women should follow her trashy lead. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, Deniset said:

First time poster here.  I just wanted to add my 2 cents. I'm wondering why the upset of Kyle bringing this up with Dorit on her "big night".  Dorit has no problem ruining everyone else's events by running her mouth and spreading untruths. Ruined Teddi's beach weekend. Caused problems at Teddi's spa day.  Made a complete fool of herself and embarrassed Camille at Kyle's dinner on top of complaining about everything. She even makes people uncomfortable at her own events. Talking about Lisa R at the dinner with Teddi and her husband and confronted Teddi at PK's birthday party. I loved seeing Kyle calling her out on her crap on her big night. It was about time someone did. 

Welcome.

As a long time Kyle apologist all I can see Kyle accomplished on Dorit's big night, is making a big ass out of herself and ruining a trip that should have been fun.  If Dorit's party behavior was so outrageous and offensive why would anyone try and repeat it?  Anyone who does, does so with a malicious intent and all the other ladies have said while Dorit may talk too much she is not malicious.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Deniset said:

Welcome! Just because Dorit has shown bad manners doesn't excuse Kyle, or any of the others, of doing the same thing. It just lowers them to Dorit's level. LOL

• Love 10
On 2/28/2018 at 12:42 PM, bravofan27 said:

I think Kyle is lucky in that she doesn't color her hair, which probably helps big time make it stay so healthy looking. But she needs to go short. The long hair is reminiscent of women in the 70s and just dates her, 

Wait, Kyle doesn't color her hair?  Who says?  That almost jet black hair is all natural?  I don't think so.  I do agree with your assessment of the long tresses that date the women.  I liked it when Kyle cut her hair shorter and went lighter last year.  Vanderpump needs a new hairstyle stat.

And I'm so over the mermaid hair that Teddi and others across this RH franchise sport.  

I can't believe Rinna's kids are models.  Well, I can't believe the majority of celeb spawns that are models.  Even the Hadids are so-so.  Gigi has the pizza face; Bella has plastic surgery face.  But they are much better looking than the Hamlin kids.

I actually love Erika, but her fashion, her makeup, everything about her is off this year. She looks the best dressed down.  In the Talking Heads, she looks like Baby Erika Jane.

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Welcome to posting! I think it's because LV had particularly asked Kyle not to,  also,  isn't LV head editor at the magazine now? She wouldn't want the drama. Plus it's just good manners,  just because Dorit is such a pretentious twit about having manners,  i. e. Her obsession with stemware, but acts worse than a sailor on shore leave what with starting drama,  yelling out that other women are c~nts, dominating conversation,  and generally being an ass, doesn't mean the other women should follow her trashy lead. 

I do agree with you about not lowering yourself to her level but in Kyle's defense she did not bring it up at the magazine party. She waited until they were at the bar after the party. I give Kyle credit for holding her tongue until then. And IMHO she was better off bringing it up in front of everyone so that Dorit didn't spin it with her lies and throwing shade on other people. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ShawnaLanne said:

isn't LV head editor at the magazine now?

She is at a Beverly Hills Lifestyle Magazine not Bella but she does know the people there because she has also had a cover.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Deniset said:

I do agree with you about not lowering yourself to her level but in Kyle's defense she did not bring it up at the magazine party. She waited until they were at the bar after the party. I give Kyle credit for holding her tongue until then. And IMHO she was better off bringing it up in front of everyone so that Dorit didn't spin it with her lies and throwing shade on other people. 

Good distinction. I'm usually team Kyle,  until her inner mean girl becomes too obvious each season,  and it's not that,  but Lisa V,  the person she was defending asked her not to say anything that night. So it boils down to that for me. 

Yes,  yes,  yes to bringing it up In front of everyone l,  Dorit lies like she breathes.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Silo said:

It sounds as though Rinna’s kids are being forced to take care of themselves and live a more middle class lifestyle.

From what I've seen and heard from her girls on this show, they are extremely spoiled and don't seem to have empathy for other people (conversation on their trip to Oregon.)  I'm not convinced that her daughter was ready for a move clear across the country.  I would think a college within a few hours of their home might've been a better choice for her.  Hopefully she will be okay in New York City by herself.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Deniset said:

I have to say Kyle is a little ridiculous defending LVP when 2/3 of what she accused Dorit of saying-she said, not Dorit.  Screaming and yelling at someone, in a public place, with a group of people doesn't exactly exude class.  Kyle is a little slow on the uptake-Erika said drop it-Kyle persisted.  All in all Camille, Teddi and Kyle make the worst kind of defendants.   At the Beach House, once Kyle ran interference and lied claimed she wasn't mad she just wished Erika had stayed to join in the fun.   Kyle was not even slightly believable.  They should have just run with Kyle instead they admitted guilt and claimed it was okay because that is what friends do is talk behind each others' backs. 

Here is how Camille, Teddi and Kyle screwed up:

• Once Kyle had smoothed things over shut up and just continue with "we missed you BS"
  • Camille calling Dorit a tattletale.  If it wasn't said, what is there to tattle about?
  • Teddi getting upset when it was mentioned Teddi said something.  (She did-she said Erika "psyched them out by choosing a room.)
  • Camille standing by Teddi and saying. "we were all talking about you."  
  • Teddi then continually telling Erika she was weird for leaving.  Erika did not like that characterization. 
  • Teddi persisted.Teddi freaking out and canceling the day because Erika asked her not to touch her.

Now we are in NY and Rinna wants to catch up the latest.  Dingy Dorit was asked to recap.  

• Dorit recaps LVP  hasty departure in her Rolls.  Big laughs all around.
  • Dorit recounts Kyle being outspoken about Erika spending the night elsewhere.
  • Teddi once again tells Erika she is weird.
  • Dorit reveals privately, LVP has told her Dorit ignores her at events, and she talks too much.
  • Finally Dorit claims, she might have told LVP that she becomes jealous over the Kyle situation
  • Immediately they decide that will put LVP over the edge.
  • Kyle here's the story and goes blind over the Erika mention and decides to add "insecure and needy" to Dorit's story
  • LVP tells Kyle she does not want the situation addressed on Dorit's night.

For some reason Kyle was tone deaf to LVP's claims it wasn't a great night for her.  All Kyle wanted to hear is she is and has to be the only best friend LVP has or will ever have.  

I think Erika has been on the right track all along about the Kyle, LVP and Dorit situation.   Except she left out LVP and Kyle are bth trying to groom Teddi.  Erika and Rinna have zero use for Teddi.  And no one really gives a crap about Camille.  They all know she is not ready for prime time. 

• Love 4

Lessee how it goes next week. My champion-of-the-underdog sensors are starting to beep. I really hope it's not going to be a big gang up.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

From what I've seen and heard from her girls on this show, they are extremely spoiled and don't seem to have empathy for other people (conversation on their trip to Oregon.)  I'm not convinced that her daughter was ready for a move clear across the country.  I would think a college within a few hours of their home might've been a better choice for her.  Hopefully she will be okay in New York City by herself.

If she can make it work, it will be the best thing for her. It will cause her to grow in ways she can’t imagine. But if she can’t, she can always come home.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Maybe my memory is bad but I don't remember Lisa taking much issue in the past about Kyle mocking her accent. She would comment but when she addressed it at lunch with Kyle, it was the first time I thought she seemed actually bothered by it. I wonder if Bethenny imitating her at Kyle's event and Kyle laughing along at Lisa's expense may have had something to do with it. It's pretty common sense that even if you're the best of friends and you have things that you tease each other about, those things are off limits if you two are not on good terms because it's harder to look at those actions as lighthearted. 

LVP has mentioned it before to Kyle.  Just like PK telling Kim she didn't have to speak in a British accent and she persisted.  

If someone had a lisp or a stutter would it be okay to ape it?  Kyle's thing has always been LVP gets away with snide comments because of the accent.  So when she is aping LVP and quite poorly, she is not just teasing.  Kyle was anything but gracious at the dinner when she and LVP met.  Comments about the glasses and so smug about the apology.  Who continually demands an apology in a friendship--only Kyle.  I get the impression LVP would gladly by pass these insipid apologies and just not have the offending comments to occur to begin with-LVP had her moment with Eileen and repeated apologies didn't work.  LVP was pretty merciless against Adrienne and Camille is there to remind her.

• Love 3

Well, I guess I'm over on  the other side of the pool, throwing a tennis ball to Bambi while sipping a beverage.  LVP is no innocent.  LVP is a grudge holder.  And she can be very unforgiving.

I don't think LVP getting away with things has to do with her accent.  The excuse was 'British' humor.  The comparing it to a stutter or a lisp is far beyond a stretch.

I'm not interested into getting into a debate or trial about Kyle or LVP as to 'who is worse'.  LVP can be an instigator as well as a 'victim'.  So I'll just sit over here with Bambi and make fun of Dorit and Erika's choice of 'hair and clothes'.  And....Dorit's 'accent' and Erika saying something about 'depth'.

• Love 10

Yeah, because you know Dorit would have spun God knows what to the other women had she had a private conversation with Kyle.

Here is how Camille, Teddi and Kyle screwed up:

All of which started because they were caught off guard in the situation by Dorit being a tattle-tail. Or of you prefer, playing run tell dat with Ericka.

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Yeah, because you know Dorit would have spun God knows what to the other women had she had a private conversation with Kyle.

All of which started because they were caught off guard in the situation by Dorit being a tattle-tail. Or of you prefer, playing run tell dat with Ericka.

I don't think Kyle was looking for a conversation with Dorit-she just wanted to ream her out and the audience was Kyle's requirement.

If someone has denied the conversation or the tenor of it, it is rather idiotic to turn around and give it life by admitting to being a part of it.  It would have been far smarter to say, no one was mad instead of telling Dorit she was a tattletale.  They should have waited for the tape.

Dorit's Chanel outfit gets a who wore it better:

• Love 11

I don't think Kyle was looking for a conversation with Dorit-she just wanted to ream her out and the audience was Kyle's requirement.

Well, having an audience there means the person cannot change their story later, as Dorit seems to do...

If someone has denied the conversation or the tenor of it, it is rather idiotic to turn around and give it life by admitting to being a part of it.  It would have been far smarter to say, no one was mad instead of telling Dorit she was a tattletale.  They should have waited for the tape.

Nothing to do with that, it is pointing out how someone is acting like an asshole in that particular situation.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

28155798_145240179626457_829275882546790

The silhouette and design of this dress are beautiful, but the fabric looks cheap. Like a shower curtain or motel bedspread. Or those shiny silk-screened shirts from the 70s (think Boogie Nights).

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

When Kyle was getting the shorter wig applied you could see her gray roots at her temples~ from the looks of it she is quite gray. Having dark brown hair makes it difficult to cover every vestige of gray- especially if your hair grows quickly. 

My hair color is/was a shade or two darker than Kyle's.  I started going grey at 16 (thanks Mom!).  I'm almost 37 and am around 70% grey now.  My hair grows super-fast (I average a little over an inch of growth in a month) so touching up my roots is a constant thing for me.  I started going blonder several years ago to try to hide the roots but kept my base in the browns with just partial highlights.  I am now thinking of going full blonde because I hate having roots 1-2 weeks after dying my hair. 

18 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

28155798_145240179626457_829275882546790

Honestly, Mason is prettier than what I thought she would be.  I remember thinking during Season 1 how unfortunate it was that she was clearly Kelsey's child. She's got enough of her mom in her face that it is saving her (especially around the jaw and mouth). Her walk was clunky and needs some work but come on, Malan Breton is known for stunt casting his shows.  Mason was clearly yet another stunt model for him.  It is the only way he gets any publicity for his shows. 

• Love 7
(edited)

My hair color is/was a shade or two darker than Kyle's.  I started going grey at 16 (thanks Mom!).  I'm almost 37 and am around 70% grey now.  My hair grows super-fast (I average a little over an inch of growth in a month) so touching up my roots is a constant thing for me.  I started going blonder several years ago to try to hide the roots but kept my base in the browns with just partial highlights.  I am now thinking of going full blonde because I hate having roots 1-2 weeks after dying my hair. 

Same here, but it was "thanks, Dad." I was blond until my late 20s (and still have dark blond eyebrows) when it turned into a dull light brown, so my fake blond looked very natural. Blond is a good gray-hider, especially if, like me, you tend to really push the limits of time in terms of scheduling root touch-ups.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1
On 2/28/2018 at 12:12 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

Thank you!  The e bugs me so much because it is so prevalent that at one point I started to question if it hadn't morphed into being also correct.

Ivanka has had a ton of surgery. There's plenty of pics of her pre surgery. She looked completely different.

• Love 7
On February 27, 2018 at 10:46 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

So from now on, if at least one parent is famous, the daughter will become a model. No matter what she looks like. Why? Is it just so the designer might get more press?

I'd guess it's because the daughters of celebs aren't fazed by the craziness so at least they start out more stable than a random kid from a normal background.

Some of us were born plain AND not well-connected  I don't get the weird value attached to having lucked out in looks, so I don't care who wears silly clothes down a runway.

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

Ivanka has had a ton of surgery. 

She sure has. This is her, circa 1999:

ivanka.jpg

I think (with designers going for less traditional standards of beauty) Mason might get work on the runway, if she finds her niche -- there's something gender-bending in her looks,  and that linebacker walk (in a men's suit, say) could be fun/defiant on a runway. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7
(edited)

Holy crap! Is that real--like really, really real?! If so, whoa! I think you broke my brain!

While I still think she's beautiful today, now I am rethinking my "genetics can be tricky" remark--while also gaining a new respect for good plastic surgery, haha!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 4
(edited)

This thread is educational. I just had to google both hair tracks and undereye baking. 

I seem to have missed something though; what's wrong with Teddi's hands? I missed that too. They looked maybe a bit large (isn't she tall?) and I don't personally care for white nail polish (looks like liquid white out to me), but I didn't see anything wrong with them. 

Edited by Crankybroad
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

Holy crap! Is that real--like really, really real?! If so, whoa! I think you broke my brain!

While I still think she's beautiful today, now I am rethinking my "genetics can be tricky" remark--while also gaing a new respect for good plastic surgery, haha!

It's so real. Because she's been in the press her whole life, there is a lot of photographic evidence of her changing face. It's mostly pretty subtle work. And I don't think she ever did more than one procedure at a time. She's for sure had at least one nose job, breast implants, veneers, and probably a chin implant.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/style/fashion-trends/g3225/ivanka-trump-life-photos/

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 7

I am amazed by the way Ivanka looked just a few years ago.  I've seen all along how her looks have changed, but I didn't realize they'd changed that much.  While beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, I still don't think that Ivanka is beautiful by a long shot, but her looks and hair color are a huge improvement over the way she once looked.  

• Love 7
(edited)

Most celebs and models have had work done.  It's no big deal, IMO, unless they morph into that lady from NYC that looks like a cat!  

ETA:  Jocelyn Wildenstein is who I was referring too.  Sorry, sometimes it takes awhile for my brain to catch up with me!

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Most celebs and models have had work done.  It's no big deal, IMO, unless they morph into that lady from NYC that looks like a cat!  

ETA:  Jocelyn Wildenstein is who I was referring too.  Sorry, sometimes it takes awhile for my brain to catch up with me!

I saw her in a trendy bar-cafe type place once! My friend was a fancy waiter back then and he was the one who took the call saying that she needed a table reserved. He got a look on his face that was a combination of maniacal glee and devilishly sneaky, and said, "I'm gonna seat her right in the window!"

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

While I still think she's beautiful today, now I am rethinking my "genetics can be tricky" remark--while also gaining a new respect for good plastic surgery, haha!

Completely real.

And if you right-click on the photo and select "search Google for image" that same photo (and several similar ones) will come up in a google search. (Along with this helpful hint from Google -- which cracked me up, mostly because I imagined it said in Joan Holloway's voice --  "Best guess for this image: Ivanka Trump nose job" ;  )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

It's so real. Because she's been in the press her whole life, there is a lot of photographic evidence of her changing face. It's mostly pretty subtle work. And I don't think she ever did more than one procedure at a time. She's for sure had at least one nose job, breast implants, veneers, and probably a chin implant.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/style/fashion-trends/g3225/ivanka-trump-life-photos/

I was watching her latest interview and she is seems to be erasing her face.  I think the breasts are all hers-so said Daddy on Howard Stern. What a difference from being a brunette to a blonde.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I think she has had a couple of sets of breast implants.  I think her newest set came after the last baby and are way too large for her.  It makes her look heavier than what she really is. I also think she has had something done to her jawline/cheeks.  Maybe it was just normal aging and getting rid of the baby fat but I feel like there might be some creative use of botox there to reshape and thin down that portion of her face. 

5 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I was watching her latest interview and she is seems to be erasing her face.  I think the breasts are all hers-so said Daddy on Howard Stern. What a difference from being a brunette to a blonde.

Oh no.  Those boobs are fake. I'm thinking she has done at least 2-3 sets of implants. There is a picture of her in an evening gown with a peekaboo neckline.  She has had multiple babies at that point yet it is a full and perky breast just sitting there without any support. The newest ones are just way too big for her body. 

• Love 5

Yep, for sure she has had a lot of work done and she looks great for photos I think. Poor Tiffany has not had the same aesthetic eye looking after her. There is a trumpie look and omg all those kids have it. 

• Love 1