Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E11: Thank You, Thuck You!

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Juniebaby said:

I don’t remember who said it maybe Rinna, that 3’s don’t work and I agree.  Someone is always left out of the conversation or doesn’t get an inside joke.  I had 2 long time friends who didn’t know each other & I thought they would get along so I invited both out to lunch and they hit it off like I knew they would.  Next thing I know they are going out places together & not asking or telling me.  I ran into them shopping one day and they made me feel like I was intruding.  So never again will I do 3’s (nor introduce new people in my group).

OMG!!  This has been my life story since childhood.. and sadly this doesn't end with childhood.

I am careful to introduce friends that don't know one another because of that potential, but then I figure if the two hit it off and leave me out of the mix.. that frees up my time to do stuff on my own or to meet new people.

If Kyle/LVP weren't on the show.. I have a feeling the two wouldn't be friends still.

• Love 4

I still like her and like her straight talk to LVP about how Kyle just needed to hear a flat, "I'm sorry." And I liked the way LVP, despite her face-making, really listened and then followed that advice. Seriously, a heckuva lot of trouble in interpersonal relationships can be eased by a judicious application of "I'm sorry."

Although I disagree with LVP's apology to Kyle, I'm hoping that by her doing so, we won't have to hear Kyle bitch about it the rest of the season!  Teddi should've gently explained to Kyle that she's the one who started the issue with Dorit, and LVP was under no obligation to pile on. It was the wrong time and the wrong place.  It was Kyle's argument, not LVPs.  YMMV.

8 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

OMG!!  This has been my life story since childhood.. and sadly this doesn't end with childhood.

I'm sure that many of us here can relate to this.  Same thing happened to me a couple of times when I was a teenager.  It sucks!!  Maybe that's why I have cats.  They'll always love me and won't ever snub me for another human being!  They know who buys the tuna!  

• Love 8

Once again, Dorit throws someone else under the bus to try and share blame for her own behaviour. And of course she exaggerates claiming that Kyle said the same things tenfold. Come on now. I'm glad that the little tidbit didn't hook with LVP. What I thought was interesting in her conversation with LVP is that as much as people say that LVP can't apologize, I saw LVP willing to accept Dorit's clarification as a form of an apology. It seems that LVP feels that clarifying no ill intent is a way to apologize to someone and you don't necessarily need a scripted line of particular words to achieve an apology. What seems lost on both LVP and those who get into situations with her, is that neither side acknowledges that effective communication varies from person to person and saying "I'm sorry" is not the only way that one can clear the air and offer apologies, but on the flip side, LVP is just as accountable for not being able to acknowledge how others prefer an apology and to apologize in a way that is meaningful to them. She needs to be prodded to get there. Surprising that this many years and none of these grown woman have been able to truly acknowledge the different communication styles they all have.  

Erika - wigs and outfits gives you depth? There's a lot wrong with a comment like that but I feel like it doesn't really need much explanation as to why, lol.

The fur line looked great. 

Seeing the full context of the conversation between LVP and Teddi, I didn't mind Teddi's comments and didn't think she overstepped. She gave advice that she thought would help resolve the issue, without every suggesting that one person was wrong and one was right. 

It's amazing to me that Kyle behaves the way she does but only sees issue with how LVP handles their friendship. Before even reaching out to LVP, she complained to Rinna and Bethenny as well as willingly became tag partners as Bethenny tried to ream LVP out though LVP refused to be flustered by it. When LVP gave her apology, Kyle jumped in and said 'you see, I told you...' which suggests that Kyle is complaining to others about LVP. No one is perfect, as are no relationships we have but it's so disingenuous to only think about your own feelings and how someone made you feel without any consideration or self-awareness of how you're own behaviour contributes to the very problem you complain about. 

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I am careful to introduce friends that don't know one another because of that potential, but then I figure if the two hit it off and leave me out of the mix.. that frees up my time to do stuff on my own or to meet new people.

If Kyle/LVP weren't on the show.. I have a feeling the two wouldn't be friends still.

Hi.  I'm THAT person.  The one who ruins a friendship.  Generally speaking on behalf of us who are not Dorit, it's not what we want to do is get between friends.  There's a reason you like the both of us, there's a reason we like you.  One person feels left out and things get awkward.  Sometimes people make someone make a choice.

Dog parks have the same issues.  2 dogs great. 3 dogs are the makings of a pack.  4 or more should always be closely supervised.  Especially at dinner in a foreign country......

Back on topic.  2nd rewatch.  It occurs to me while rewatching LVP apologize and Kyle's attitude about the apology and how LVP didnt just know she had to apolgize, until Kyle told her why she had to apologize (i'm exhausted from just typing that) there is the reason why Mauricio is the epitome of:

Happy wife.  Happy life.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

When LVP gave her apology, Kyle jumped in and said 'you see, I told you...' which suggests that Kyle is complaining to others about LVP.

"I'm sorry you felt that way" is no apology. It's an insult. The problem isn't my feelings, it's your behavior. In the words of LisaR, "own it" and apologize.

How about:

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.

I'm sorry I said that.

I'm sorry I didn't say anything and that left you feeling alone and frustrated.

I'm sorry I failed to see how my actions or inactions hurt you.

I'm sorry I didn't  jump into the conversation and back you up, I was thinking things through.

LVP's apology at the restaurant was good. No ifs, ands, buts, or whatevers about it, I apologize. Kyle's anger dissipated immediately and she felt heard and respected and it didn't cost LVP a penny. 

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, lcarolynl said:

"I'm sorry you felt that way" is no apology. It's an insult. The problem isn't my feelings, it's your behavior. In the words of LisaR, "own it" and apologize.

How about:

I'm sorry I said that.

I'm sorry I didn't  jump into the conversation and back you up, I was thinking things through.

LVP's apology at the restaurant was good. No ifs, ands, buts, or whatevers about it, I apologize. Kyle's anger dissipated immediately and she felt heard and respected and it didn't cost LVP a penny. 

I wouldn't consider it an insult unless I felt like someone was truly trying to put the onus on my feelings and not on their actions. I know and have heard of many people who apologize in that exact way and their intent and meaning is no different than someone who says "I'm sorry I made you feel that way". I do think it's important for people to understand how the words themselves do not mean the same thing but that conversation can be addressed without assuming that someone has malicious intent in the way they apologize and it can be done without immediately getting defensive about the apology you received. But to reiterate, this is giving the benefit of the doubt of those who you don't feel aren't intentionally trying to give you a slap in the face kind of an apology. They were absolutely right to acknowledge that LVP's 'apology' in the store was not a real apology, however, my reference to that moment wasn't to anyway to give credit to LVP for trying to offer an apology, it was more addressing the fact that Kyle is addressing her issues with LVP with all of her other friends before she addresses it with LVP isn't the action of a great friend either. They both have their faults and their stubbornness contributes to the breakdowns in their friendships, but Kyle makes it all about her without taking accountability for how she contributes to the oddness of their friendship. Like someone mentioned in last week's thread, they could probably do with couples therapy, lol. Learning how to effectively communicate with one another would solve all of these occasional tendencies that come up. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

You are so witty, KungFuBunny!  I always look forward to your posts.  Your little bunny picture is the cutest!

I wondered how much LVP paid for the faux fur coat.  Did they say and I missed it?  

Aw Thanks ChitChat

If I recall correctly, Kyle had the coats marked as $598.

I watch another reality franchise "Love & Hip Hop". I could easily see a few of them buying these coats, and a whole bunch of them asking to "borrow" the coats for scenes on their show.

• Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, Silo said:

I have been wondering that myself.

She wore a long wig to WWHL and I thought she looked good.

...but I’ve been wondering about her normal hair.

Rinna has always had super thick hair. You can see from her old photo's and I remember her thick hair from Melrose Place. I don't know why she would bother with wigs unless she has lazy days when she just doesn't feel like washing/styling it. Not including the WWHL wig, that was for fun and obviously not her hair.

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 6
49 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Although I disagree with LVP's apology to Kyle, I'm hoping that by her doing so, we won't have to hear Kyle bitch about it the rest of the season!  Teddi should've gently explained to Kyle that she's the one who started the issue with Dorit, and LVP was under no obligation to pile on. It was the wrong time and the wrong place.  It was Kyle's argument, not LVPs.  YMMV.

I'm sure that many of us here can relate to this.  Same thing happened to me a couple of times when I was a teenager.  It sucks!!  Maybe that's why I have cats.  They'll always love me and won't ever snub me for another human being!  They know who buys the tuna!  

Not a chance in hell, Kyle will hold that over Lisa's head until the end of time and remind her until said end of time.

39 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Once again, Dorit throws someone else under the bus to try and share blame for her own behaviour. And of course she exaggerates claiming that Kyle said the same things tenfold. Come on now. I'm glad that the little tidbit didn't hook with LVP. What I thought was interesting in her conversation with LVP is that as much as people say that LVP can't apologize, I saw LVP willing to accept Dorit's clarification as a form of an apology. It seems that LVP feels that clarifying no ill intent is a way to apologize to someone and you don't necessarily need a scripted line of particular words to achieve an apology. What seems lost on both LVP and those who get into situations with her, is that neither side acknowledges that effective communication varies from person to person and saying "I'm sorry" is not the only way that one can clear the air and offer apologies, but on the flip side, LVP is just as accountable for not being able to acknowledge how others prefer an apology and to apologize in a way that is meaningful to them. She needs to be prodded to get there. Surprising that this many years and none of these grown woman have been able to truly acknowledge the different communication styles they all have.  

Erika - wigs and outfits gives you depth? There's a lot wrong with a comment like that but I feel like it doesn't really need much explanation as to why, lol.

The fur line looked great. 

Seeing the full context of the conversation between LVP and Teddi, I didn't mind Teddi's comments and didn't think she overstepped. She gave advice that she thought would help resolve the issue, without every suggesting that one person was wrong and one was right. 

It's amazing to me that Kyle behaves the way she does but only sees issue with how LVP handles their friendship. Before even reaching out to LVP, she complained to Rinna and Bethenny as well as willingly became tag partners as Bethenny tried to ream LVP out though LVP refused to be flustered by it. When LVP gave her apology, Kyle jumped in and said 'you see, I told you...' which suggests that Kyle is complaining to others about LVP. No one is perfect, as are no relationships we have but it's so disingenuous to only think about your own feelings and how someone made you feel without any consideration or self-awareness of how you're own behaviour contributes to the very problem you complain about. 

Yes and No. IMO, Lisa didn't owe Kyle an apology, Kyle owed it to her. Why is it that Lisa has to apologize to Kyle when Kyle uses Lisa and that is exactly what Kyle did. She used Lisa to amp up her rage against Dorit for being exposed for talking smack about Erika and Kyle did exactly what she was yelling at Dorit about, talking about Lisa's feeling in front of the entire group. When was the last time Kyle apologized to Lisa for hurting her. She didn't apologize for hurting Lisa, when Lisa walked out on her/Dorit, until Lisa apologized first even though Kyle/Dorit were late and then acted like asses.

19 minutes ago, lcarolynl said:

How about:

I'm sorry I said that.

How about Kyle admitting that she did the exact same thing she claimed Dorit did, expose Lisa's feeling to the entire group. Kyle and Dorit owe Lisa an apology, not the other way around.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I found it odd that LVP chose to apply lip gloss to her bottom lip just as Kyle and her started to talk.

Her makeup was fully done before Kyle walked in to the restaurant and she wasn't waiting for hours.

It's not like they ate and she had to do a re-touch.

Bosawks - is it the British thing again?

giphy.gif

Hee, hee! That totally stood out to me, too! Her makeup was perfect. Her lips were perfect. But suddenly she's very pointedly applying lip gloss. 

• Love 5
(edited)

A day late and I missed the action re: mod post. haha Were we slagging Camille's daughter? I was thinking it too.

Do we understand why LVP was apologizing to Kyle? Totally lost on me. LVP went to lunch with Kyle and Dorit and Kyle starts in with the fake crying so LVP bails. Then Kyle and Dorit bitch about her a few times. Kyle chucks Dorit under a bus and tells LVP...and somehow that leads to Kyle crying and LVP apologizing?   

Edited by Dutchgirl
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Dutchgirl said:

A day late and I missed the action re: mod post. haha Were we slagging Camille's daughter? I was thinking it too.

Do we understand why LVP was apologizing to Kyle? Totally lost on me. LVP went to lunch with Kyle and Dorit and Kyle starts in with the fake crying so LVP bails. Then Kyle and Dorit bitch about her a few times. Kyle chucks Dorit under a bus and tells LVP...and somehow that leads to Kyle crying and LVP apologizing?   

It's because Kyle is forever the victim of victims even when she is really the one throwing the rocks then hiding her hands. LOL

• Love 14
9 hours ago, Rahul said:

I think Erika likes to play dress up because she is a bored trophy wife married to a very wealthy man. This woman has domestic help and a grown son with a career of his own. She is free from the onus of cooking, cleaning and providing for her family. Erika has no  actual job to speak of save for the vanity projects her husband so kindly agrees to finance. Mrs. Girardi has more money than she knows what to do with, so she spends it on (the ugliest) designer clothes, makeup, jewelry, wigs and a her glam squad--an entourage of gay sycophants whom she considers her close inner circle. 

In this very episode Erika declares "You have to have depth" but ironically that statement is not about being a person of substance or supporting worthy charitable causes but rather constantly changing up her look to keep people guessing and interested. Make of that what you will.

Erika has NO depth. She's a LOSER who just happened to meet a rich, old fart. EVERYTHING about her is fake.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

It's interesting, because I think Kyle is more beautiful now that she ever was. Much more so than she was in her 20's, but even more so than when the show started. She is one of the only HW's that I see in flashback from years earlier and can honestly say, "wow, she looks just as good". Usually in flashbacks I am shocked to see what they have done to themselves in such a small number of years.  I don't know what she does, but it sure does work for her. 

Lots of Botox and fillers.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, princelina said:

I know right?  I can't tell you how happy I am that I never have to go to NYFW!!!  And that in my circle deep conversations don't involve what kind of "costume" we are wearing!

I didn't think so at all!  When Rinna talked about how great it was to see her girls "doing what they love" - I don't actually see it in them either.  Other than they've learned that that's what's cool.  I felt bad for the poor older Hamlet, alone in a NY apartment at age 19.  It made me remember the fun I had in college, surrounded by other girls in too-small dorm rooms.  The younger one doesn't seem into it either, and Mason seemed like she was doing it because it was "what you do".  Compare them to Kyle's god-son who designs the furs - now that kid seems like he loves what he does!  The modeling girls not so much.

ITA. I don't think any of the three look like models, especiallly Mason. She didn't seem excited either. 

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Reality police said:

This is my pet peeve with most of the housewives, the long hair. They think it makes them younger but what they don't see is that it draws their faces down. As we age shorter is the way to go. It's like an instant face lift. Rinna gets it. Dorinda gets it.

Yes.  Your username is perfect for this observation.  That is total reality!

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, sol y luna said:

Erika has NO depth.

I just watched the first episode of the new season of Tyler Henry Hollywood Medium.  In the previews of season 3, Erika Jayne and LuAnn will sit for readings (separately, of course.)  Maybe Erika will be able to open up with Tyler.  It certainly won't help if she's a closed book! 

• Love 2

Confession time.  I found an article ( i think in People) on Kyle Richards favorite makeup up products . I do think that usually, she looks terrific. Well, here is the confession, I bought her favorite blush,  The Balm Hot Mama. Shadow /Blush. Ladies, I love it !

Return to regular programing .

• Love 10
8 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

As for Rinna's hair, now I am curious too. I am not sure why one would commit to that particular style of wig (or wigs, plural, because I assume she's had several) but whatever. If it is her real hair though, I am kind of impressed that she manages to keep the shape so consistently the same from day to day, year to year.

I think she wears wigs at least part of the time. There have been scenes in which her hair looked quite wig-like to me. She probably has 20 versions of the same wig. 

I never thought about it until Brandi made those comments about Lisa wearing wigs. Now I look for signs every time I see her (when I'm not too distracted by her freakish lips).  Sometimes it is easy to spot and other times it's not. Maybe she just wears them when she's having a bad hair day?

• Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I found it odd that LVP chose to apply lip gloss to her bottom lip just as Kyle and her started to talk.

Her makeup was fully done before Kyle walked in to the restaurant and she wasn't waiting for hours.

It's not like they ate and she had to do a re-touch.

Bosawks - is it the British thing again?

giphy.gif

Ha, I love makeup and I’m always looking to see what they are using. I saw Tarte being used on Lisa R today. But I also noticed editing, I can’t remember who it was but they were conversing and the MUA were baking her undereye, then it was done, then They were doing it again.  And I apply lipgloss  once or twice during a meal.

Someone else mentioned eye makeup before countour. I do base, bake undereye, then while the undereye is baking I do Brows  and eye shadow. Thenif there is any fallout From my eyeshadow it gets brushed out when I blend the  undereye out, then contour

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Rinna has always had super thick hair. You can see from her old photo's and I remember her thick hair from Melrose Place. I don't know why she would bother with wigs unless she has lazy days when she just doesn't feel like washing/styling it. Not including the WWHL wig, that was for fun and obviously not her hair.

I thought she said it was extensions but yes, I do think she's wearing her own hair typically.

1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

ITA. I don't think any of the three look like models, especiallly Mason. She didn't seem excited either. 

Yes to the bolded.  I think I thought models were beautiful in the 80s and 90s but the modern model look doesn't really appeal to me. I think the focus has been more about being as nondescript as possible...i.e. a blank canvas...for the makeup and fashion.  So while they're not super attractive. I don't think they're unattractive either.

But what they do have is a fierceness or sense of charisma to carry the clothing and makeup without getting lost.  Mason just looked lost and unsure. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Not a chance in hell, Kyle will hold that over Lisa's head until the end of time and remind her until said end of time.

Yes and No. IMO, Lisa didn't owe Kyle an apology, Kyle owed it to her. Why is it that Lisa has to apologize to Kyle when Kyle uses Lisa and that is exactly what Kyle did. She used Lisa to amp up her rage against Dorit for being exposed for talking smack about Erika and Kyle did exactly what she was yelling at Dorit about, talking about Lisa's feeling in front of the entire group. When was the last time Kyle apologized to Lisa for hurting her. She didn't apologize for hurting Lisa, when Lisa walked out on her/Dorit, until Lisa apologized first even though Kyle/Dorit were late and then acted like asses.

How about Kyle admitting that she did the exact same thing she claimed Dorit did, expose Lisa's feeling to the entire group. Kyle and Dorit owe Lisa an apology, not the other way around.

Kyle acts as if she has won a gold medal in the apology Olympics.

When LVP finally got Dorit to listen, Dorit was pretty quick to tell her that she had never used the term insecure or needy.  Those were Kyle's concoctions.  Teddi never used those words when repeating what Dorit said-she did add "have a connection" but that went to the jealous part of Dorit's comments.  Dorit seemed dumbfounded that saying a person needs someone/something isn't necessarily flattering.   It isn't the same as being needy though.

There is no shortage of the Kyle/Teddi/Camille team and their hypocrisy of waging war on someone and doing exactly the same thing as they are complaining about.

I get the feeling LVP is about to take a hit from Rinna and Erika and the word manipulation will be key.   Before that happens LVP will be unleashing her own brand of revenge on those that have been messing with her.  I see Kyle pretty much going unscathed this season unless of course she pulls another stunt like she did in New York City but that was pretty much self-inflicted.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Kyle acts as if she has won a gold medal in the apology Olympics.

When LVP finally got Dorit to listen, Dorit was pretty quick to tell her that she had never used the term insecure or needy.  Those were Kyle's concoctions.  Teddi never used those words when repeating what Dorit said-she did add "have a connection" but that went to the jealous part of Dorit's comments.  Dorit seemed dumbfounded that saying a person needs someone/something isn't necessarily flattering.   It isn't the same as being needy though.

There is no shortage of the Kyle/Teddi/Camille team and their hypocrisy of waging war on someone and doing exactly the same thing as they are complaining about.

I get the feeling LVP is about to take a hit from Rinna and Erika and the word manipulation will be key.   Before that happens LVP will be unleashing her own brand of revenge on those that have been messing with her.  I see Kyle pretty much going unscathed this season unless of course she pulls another stunt like she did in New York City but that was pretty much self-inflicted.

I agree, I think Erika and her minion Rinna will try a go at Lisa yet again and they will do it using Kyle/Dorit fighting over her.

• Love 6

I agree, I think Erika and her minion Rinna will try a go at Lisa yet again and they will do it using Kyle/Dorit fighting over her.

Nah, don't see that happening.

• Love 8

I thought Ericka's hair was gorgeous for the trunk show. She's never looked better IMO. Gor-Gor-Gorgeous!! I'm thinking of trying out some fake bangs myself! One thing I've learned from this board, I've got to pay more attention to the hair. I've never seen an errant ponytail showing from under a wig, nor do I notice weave tracks and I'm not really sure what they are...?

Did everyone else goole Plato's Cave Allegory? Wow, some deep thinking there! But what a weird story to explain the allegory, not that I have a better one really. 

• Love 4
On 2/27/2018 at 7:05 PM, TexasGal said:

I liked Erika with the bangs toupee.

Dorit needs to shut up. Who’s trying to drive wedge between whom, fakey face?

Dorit is so thirsty to be Queen Bee that she thinks the way to do that is by driving a wedge between the show's true power couple--LVP and Kyle.

Her very worst nightmare is when those two talk to each other and realize what she's been doing. She will be toast.

And I don't mean an English Muffin.

• Love 11
16 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

The long hair just makes them look dated. With LisaV, I suspect she is almost all grey, so she does the box at home since she's constantly having to cover her roots. Her hair looks to me like all the other older women around here that use box color on their grey hair. If she cut her hair and maybe resigned to.. grey! she would actually look so good. Boxed hair color just is so aging.

I think Kyle is lucky in that she doesn't color her hair, which probably helps big time make it stay so healthy looking. But she needs to go short. The long hair is reminiscent of women in the 70s and just dates her, imo.

Teddi, though I do like her, dresses like a 21-year old clubber. The hair extensions are so so so bad. The long strands. of hair she has hanging in her face is sooooo bad. It's so dated. Hate everything about Teddi's style, or lack of.

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 11.40.55 AM.png

I sincerely doubt that LVP (or anyone on this show) uses boxed hair color. She more likely has a colorist who makes house calls. Somewhere in Villa Rosa, there is a mini beauty salon where LVP gets all of her touch ups.

I'm not so sure it's connected to her age, either. I found my first grey when I was 34. My Dad, who died at 89, was still largely his natural color but for some greying around the temples.

• Love 5

I remember an episode in season 1 or 2 where LVP was touching up her roots by herself in her bathroom.

1 hour ago, Rosebud1970 said:

I sincerely doubt that LVP (or anyone on this show) uses boxed hair color. She more likely has a colorist who makes house calls. Somewhere in Villa Rosa, there is a mini beauty salon where LVP gets all of her touch ups.

I'm not so sure it's connected to her age, either. I found my first grey when I was 34. My Dad, who died at 89, was still largely his natural color but for some greying around the temples.

• Love 1

Jagger : MOM!  Show me the fruit snacks NOW!

Dorit : (beaming at her little prince) holds up the bag of snacks with a look of triumphant joy on her face

What is wrong with this picture?  Can we imagine what Jagger will be like at 16?  At 30?

• Love 8
(edited)
4 hours ago, Rosebud1970 said:

We will never know, but I have a vivid image of LisaV having a few boxes of color tucked away, hidden somewhere. Her hair just looks too much liked she did the color herself and has that boxed color dryness. I think she does it herself-- her roots. Now, I don't see her combing that stuff through her whole head and sitting around with it on. For comparison, Peggy had the same dry brittle hair, and she used boxed color (viewers noticed the dye around her hairline). PS-- I'm about 1/2 grey and just deal with it until it gets really bad and the greys stand straight up after getting long enough. Grey hair does not color well. 

Edited by bravofan27

Has it been said ? Can it be said enough that Kyle messed with Dorit on her “big night” (full disclosure I cannot stand Dorit) but then Kyle turns around whining about how she doesn’t want to be mistreated on HER big night ? Kyle is impossibly immature ! 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I don't think LVP owed Kyle an apology either but there's also no point in offering an apology if it's not a real apology. And I agree with your points - and this all goes back to my belief that Kyle lacks self-awareness. She is so caught up on her own emotions that she doesn't consider how her actions may impact someone else. It's convenient for others in the group to think that Kyle compromises herself in order to remain friends with LVP but I strongly believe that opinion is influenced by Kyle and LVP's personalities, how they handle things and how they present it to the group. Kyle runs and tells everything while LVP keeps it between herself and Kyle (until others get involved or have an opinion - which they do because Kyle involves them in the matter). Kyle is like that friend that constantly nags about all the things that are wrong or bad about her boyfriend and so the rest of her friends begin thinking that the boyfriend isn't good enough for her and has some sort of mind control over that makes her stick around when by her account, it seems obvious that she should leave.

• Love 3

When I went saw the ladies going to the Intrepid my first thought was that they were dressed to the nines and having their own little runway walk. I liked their outfits but bought that Lisa Rinna was a bit borderline on trying to be young and hip. At least she has the figure to pull it off. I’m also glad that she declined to ask what was going on in the van. A missed opportunity for pot stirring! 

• Love 2

When Kyle was getting the shorter wig applied you could see her gray roots at her temples~ from the looks of it she is quite gray. Having dark brown hair makes it difficult to cover every vestige of gray- especially if your hair grows quickly. 

• Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

When Kyle was getting the shorter wig applied you could see her gray roots at her temples~ from the looks of it she is quite gray. Having dark brown hair makes it difficult to cover every vestige of gray- especially if your hair grows quickly. 

Yeah, I'm not a brunette like Kyle, I'm a natural redhead that has devolved into being a natural ash blonde/greyhead.  My new growth gets colored every 5 weeks.  Used to be 6, probably should be 4.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 3

I hate getting my hair colored but am not ready to go full natural gray ( guestimate- i’m probably 3/4 gray ). My hair is very thick so I have a feeling I would look like a Brillo pad if I stopped coloring it. Maybe so many of them wear wigs to cover undyed roots. No way I could stand wearing a wig. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 2/28/2018 at 12:16 PM, missyb said:

Does it all really matter?? If you can't give an apology to a good friend who claims to have had her feelings hurt, whether you understand it or not, are you a not a friend? Is it phony to apologize just because your friend needs it but you don't understand if you have injured  them or how ? No. Kyle needed it, Teddi showed why she needed it, and Lisa found a way to do it with sincerity. Case closed. For now LOL

Occasionally it doesn't matter. If an apology is needed then a good friend will give it. But there are limits and boundaries to everything. Kyle's emotional outburst is an example of a recurring issue between her and Lisa. It's unfair that the onus falls to one friend to apologize though the other friend is the reason for the entire debacle to begin with. Kyle was the one that demonstrated poor friendship when she involved the Lisa/Dorit situation in her confrontation with Dorit despite Lisa having told her ahead of time that she didn't think that night was appropriate to bring it up. Kyle put her friend in an uncomfortable situation and then called her out in front of everyone for not joining in on her verbal assault. Not a good display of friendship.  Kyle complained to the others about Lisa before even reaching out to Lisa to talk about the evening's events. Not a good display of friendship. Kyle gladly accepts an apology without any acknowledgement or accountability for her own poor behaviour. Not a good display of friendship. The context of this situation was not the kind of situation I think deserves an apology and let's forget about it. Kyle should have been made to confront her own behaviour as well. Kyle has equally bad habits in the friendship that leads to issues but they'll forever be fighting about stuff like this if BOTH women aren't made to own how they both contribute to those fractures in their friendship. Lisa is an easy target because she's so aloof about things but these women ignorantly look at a display tears, tantrums and yelling as a real emotion and caring as if someone who doesn't emote in that manner is somehow devoid of actual emotion. They do the same with Erika too. Erika does try to act like an unbothered ice queen but how are grown women surprised by this notion that people express their emotions in different ways? 

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I don't think LVP owed Kyle an apology either but there's also no point in offering an apology if it's not a real apology. And I agree with your points - and this all goes back to my belief that Kyle lacks self-awareness. She is so caught up on her own emotions that she doesn't consider how her actions may impact someone else. It's convenient for others in the group to think that Kyle compromises herself in order to remain friends with LVP but I strongly believe that opinion is influenced by Kyle and LVP's personalities, how they handle things and how they present it to the group. Kyle runs and tells everything while LVP keeps it between herself and Kyle (until others get involved or have an opinion - which they do because Kyle involves them in the matter). Kyle is like that friend that constantly nags about all the things that are wrong or bad about her boyfriend and so the rest of her friends begin thinking that the boyfriend isn't good enough for her and has some sort of mind control over that makes her stick around when by her account, it seems obvious that she should leave.

One thing that irritates me to no end, and I am glad LVP addressed it, is Kyle and now Bethenny doing imitations of LVP's accent when they are speaking to her.  It is not funny, it is rude as hell and it is extremely condescending.  I am glad somoeone called Bethenny out on feigning to not know about Dorit and her speech situation.  Bethenny didn't seem to mind dining out with Kyle, PK and Boy George.  Pretty tacky to start picking on Dorit.   Betehnny "lost at sea" being the bastion of truth is laughable. 

The thing that amazes me is Kyle is saying and doing all this -who is the better friend crap-to be right?  If I were LVP I would have a one on one with Kyle and tell her-"I love you, but you are way too competitive and condescending to be a big part of my life.  Time for you to film with Kim again where you can fly your superiority flag." 

• Love 8

I am glad somoeone called Bethenny out on feigning to not know about Dorit and her speech situation. 

It was still pretty funny when Bethenny said it.

• Love 7

I remember a few seasons ago LisaVP and Kyle were having what seemed like the same friend issues they have this season...the HW's were in Paris and the two of them had a similar fight then made up while at the top of the Eiffel Tower.   Actually, it seems they have this issue every season.  Sometimes you have to know when to just walk away.

11 hours ago, lcarolynl said:

Did everyone else goole Plato's Cave Allegory? Wow, some deep thinking there! But what a weird story to explain the allegory, not that I have a better one really. 

It’s a nice way of saying his girls are spoiled and privileged AF but they don’t realize it until they’re out of the nest and living on their own.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Silo said:

It’s a nice way of saying his girls are spoiled and privileged AF but they don’t realize it until they’re out of the nest and living on their own.

Well we're all limited by our perceptions and life experiences and compared to most of the world, everyone on this board is spoiled and privileged AF. We don't realize it until we get out and see the wider world, perhaps by travel to some third world countries. I know that taught me a lot!!
I don't think it's an allegory to applies only to Beverly Hills children, I think it's a universal, human thing. 

Just my $0.02

• Love 5