Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
KungFuBunny

S08.E11: Thank You, Thuck You!

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

My Apologies for misspelling her name ... and yes you can have an opinion but when its a child i would hope as adults those opinions could be kept respectable esp for someone who ISNT a part of this show at all other then being the daughter of a former housewife. she was nothing but respectful on camera for those 10 min she was on and seemed so excited and happy to be in the show (the smile has her mother was clapping has she walked by was great) so let her have that shes not claiming to be a super model and it was her very first show. Lets flip this and say it was your child being talked about would you be saying the same thing? And google some of the first walks of other Models and no one has the best walk just starting out even TYRA said how bad her walk used to be in those first shows ...give the girl a break is all im saying

Kids are fair-game here.  Some think it is mean, I think if you put yourself and your kids out there for fame and money, you cannot expect people to not be critical.  You know what happens when you sell your soul to the devil.

 

What struck me most about Mason was her voice - she sounds so much like her mom.  

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Normades said:

We didn't need to have Frankelstein's monster tonight. I hate Kyle running to her with stories. Also her reaction to Lisa riding home with Dorit was unnecessary. Yes they are big girls, but at least Lisa has the class to show concern for a friend. B is a straight up liar on the accent issue. 

Really? Bethenny's short appearance on this show had me laughing out loud so hard I snorted. I've always felt we would be very good friends if we knew each other IRL. I find Bethenny's acerbic wit hilarious.

Seemingly shallow phrases such as "X is everything" and "Y is giving me life" have always irked me, but I can completely understand them in this context because B gives me life! At the very least, she brought some life to this very lackluster season of BH centered on petty bullshit.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Ivanka has had a ton of plastic surgery and I don’t think Kesley’s face “translated” well at all. Mason is not attractive.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

The Coked Up Codger

Classic tic - dry mouthed and licking the teeth and lip

The things I learn on this forum....I like to consider it educational. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Silo said:

Ivanka has had a ton of plastic surgery and I don’t think Kesley’s face “translated” well at all. Mason is not attractive.

To you--clearly I think they both are attractive. And for all that surgery (which I didn't know about), it's still abundantly clear who Ivanka's dad is, which is mind-boggling to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

Just a note which I'm sure is not the reason for Erika's sunglasses, but I have vertigo and supermarkets and malls are hard for me. In fact I haven't been in a mall for many years because they make me dizzy. I learned in PT that wearing sunglasses in these settings help with that. 

I can see why someone with vertigo and/or migraines would wear sunglasses indoors (a former co-worker did) it's just that none of these people have vertigo or migraines!  Did we ever see Yo with her sunnies (nod to Rachel Zoe) on indoors?  If any Housewife was going to wear them for health reasons, it would be her with Shannon (OC) a close second!!  

On a personal note, I went to a funeral in the Caribbean in the mid-90's with the wife and mother of one of the deceased wearing sunglasses through the entire thing- church service, burial and wake.  I found it slightly, I don't know.....disrespectful maybe?  But who knows, maybe I would do the same thing in their shoes.  I know that I don't feel as "vulnerable" when I wear mine in the summer so that may be it.  

I have so much shit to do in my house on my day off and I'm talking about women wearing sunglasses 22 years ago!!!!  Ugh..........      

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Doesn't it just feel like "walking the runway" is today's prom?  These girls dress up all pretty, and their mother's fall all over themselves taking pictures and sharing them with their friends.  It's all the same teenage pressures of 1980s prom night.  It's all suppose to be so important.  But it's just prom.  Good for them.  I thought Camilla's daughter looked lovely.  She did, however, look like a teenage dressed up.  And she walked like one too.  Nothing wrong with that.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

I liked the talk as well. I liked the way Teddi presented it, and the way that LVP processed it. It is not easy for LVP to admit fault, but when presented with the issue from someone that doesn't really have anything to gain - she likes both LVP and Kyle - she seemed more willing to just listen, admit how Kyle could have felt, and she apologized. My guess is the Kyle/LVP thing is done and LVP will move on to punishing Dorit. 

Quote

And as far as Housewives getting into each other's business, I feel like Teddi's manner of doing so is fairly innocuous - at least compared to how some Housewives past and present have done so.  

Quote

I agree - I think Teddi was trying to help to mend a friendship. She wasn't escalating the drama nor was she exacerbating the issue.

I picture the school yard fight. Teddi was not the one in the outer circle chanting Fight! Fight! Fight!

Yes, yes, and yes.

Teddi's involvement seems to come from a place of genuine concern. She doesn't seem to be getting involved just to stir the pot or ratchet up the drama.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

then attack Camille dont attack a 15yo child .....and you know most models start out at 13 14 15 right ...its kinda considered late in the game for runway girls to start at 18 19 20... and what competition did she enter? i dont remember them having a contest and her winning the designer wanted her so she walked it was his choice no one else.  so again attack the designer or Camille.  not a 15 yo who seems to already have some kinda self esteem problems and isnt fully grown and formed...lol anyway this is dumb thing to be nip picking about lol I just get a little weirded out when adults seem to think its ok to criticize other peoples children or just children in general if she was hanging from the chandelier or cursing out people or being disrespectful yes but the poor girl just walked down a runway she didn't murder someone lol  

 

I am not attacking the 16 year old child.  I said she was competing in the adult world.  There are adults who make their living modeling.  When a teenager enters into the market they are held to the same standard as the adults.  I am entitled to comment if I like a performancer's performance.  Man, woman or child.  I don't think I wrote anything that would contribute to "some kinda self esteem" problems, accuse her of murder or anything close..  

I also did put the onus on Camille for putting her daughter center stage when really it is Camille who seems to need the attention.  

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think Camille is doing it for herself. I think she (and every other parent who has done the same, whether it be Will Smith or Yolanda or whoever) is using what fame they currently have now to try and give their kids a boost in their chosen field.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, ezzy4 said:

Doesn't it just feel like "walking the runway" is today's prom?  These girls dress up all pretty, and their mother's fall all over themselves taking pictures and sharing them with their friends.  It's all the same teenage pressures of 1980s prom night.  It's all suppose to be so important.  But it's just prom.  Good for them.  I thought Camilla's daughter looked lovely.  She did, however, look like a teenage dressed up.  And she walked like one too.  Nothing wrong with that.

Except girls look like they're having fun in the prom pictures :). It's just like I was saying before about having to live alone in NYC when they turn 18 or 19 - college dorm life is fun, that doesn't seem to be.  Prom is fun, walking the runway doesn't seem to be.  I feel bad for them; it seems like what they were raised to do, and they don't realize they have a choice.  Or maybe they are loving it and I don't know anything :)

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I found it odd that LVP chose to apply lip gloss to her bottom lip just as Kyle and her started to talk.

Her makeup was fully done before Kyle walked in to the restaurant and she wasn't waiting for hours.

It's not like they ate and she had to do a re-touch.

Bosawks - is it the British thing again?

giphy.gif

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

40 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

It wasn't Lisa/Dorit playing the "my bf, I love you" game on Kyle, it was Kyle/Dorit playing it on Lisa. The difference is, Lisa is a mature friend, while Kyle/Dorit are immature brats playing games.

I respectfully disagree . . .  I completely see what you are saying though.  Kyle has been really pushing this "BFF" thing with Dorit.  But I see that as a calculated move (at least at first.  It may have morphed into something else later . . . something meant to poke at LVP armor).  I suspect Kyle was willing to help LVP bring Dorit into the fold and secure her the housewives gig for the longterm (so she didn't just become a "one and done" girl).  But it was Dorit who worked at undermining Kyle's and LVP connection.  Dorit is just too hungry and couldn't leave well enough alone. When LVP stormed out of the luncheon, Dorit was quick let Kyle know how many ways Dorit was closer to LVP than Kyle was.  "Oh youuuuuuu didn't knowwwwww about LVP's jewelry lineeeeeeee and I diddddddddd???" with undertones of how humiliating it would be to be in the dark.  Then Dorit twists the LVP backstory of her typically British unemotional upbringing (a backstory LVP alludes to often - without giving any real personal information) as LVP opening up with her deep emotions to Dorit and once again leaving Kyle in the dark.   Kyle looked stunned, hurt, confused during this conversation.  I read that as her thinking "wait, I thought LVP and I were on the same page. WTF?"

So I think it was Dorit pushing the Dorit/LVP BFF storyline.  And Kyle looked to take back some power from Dorit by pushing LVP to take a stand against Dorit.  When LVP didn't, Kyle really felt hurt.  

Dorit is such an idiot.  I mean, she really SHOULD be closer to LVP than the rest of the castmates.  Her husband has been friends with LVP forever apparently.  Again, she's just so thirsty.  She sees something and tries to bulldoze her way to it.  She sees her husband's relationship with LVP as a stepping stone to fame (and money).  She's just so clueless.  She has no finesse.  She has no tact. 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, BBHN said:

I don't think Camille is doing it for herself. I think she (and every other parent who has done the same, whether it be Will Smith or Yolanda or whoever) is using what fame they currently have now to try and give their kids a boost in their chosen field.

The modeling world today is very different from the Supermodel era.

Runway shows used to only be attended by the major chain buyers and magazine editors. Many would hold private shows for their select group of clients that bought their clothes.

It then moved into having "celebrities" in the audience as well as moving into dressing celebrities for award events and using them as the "models" for print campaigns.

Now we have the InstaModels or Social Media models. Social Media persons who have a high following to use on the runway for the publicity. Same now goes for celebrities and using their kids. The only thing that seems to matter is who the parent is - and what kind of fame or social media following the parents have. Height, weight, features, body build - don't matter.

I think Camille's daughter did fine. Does she really want to be a model? I don't know - but this experience gave her a taste of what it would be like.

It's a win win for both parties. It gave the designer media attention and some free publicity on RH and most likely the parent "Camille" has the money to buy some of their clothes. It gave Camille's daughter a chance to wet her feet and made Camille so happy.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

And "ridiculous" is not spelled with an e.

I think Mason is very pretty despite having Kelsey's face--not that I think Kelsey is hideous or anything, but his is not a face I'd expect to translate well to a girl. Same with Ivanka Trump; how the hell does she have her dad's looks, yet is beautiful? Genes are weird. I did like the clothes in the show though, and I dug the faux fur coats too!

Thank you!  The e bugs me so much because it is so prevalent that at one point I started to question if it hadn't morphed into being also correct.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Yes, yes, and yes.

Teddi's involvement seems to come from a place of genuine concern. She doesn't seem to be getting involved just to stir the pot or ratchet up the drama.

I believe she genuinely got sucked in to being poor Kyle's champion and aggressively laid out a one-lane course of action for LVP, to give a simplified blanket apology for something way more nuanced than Teddi seems to be able to grasp. I felt for LVP and even for unfortunate, emotionally stunted Kyle in that situation. I don't know if Teddi is a nice person or not, but I  can tell she sure thinks she is. I will sit here on my island and proclaim that she is a boring drip every week until I see something that shows me different. I have a feeling some of you might be joining me before the end of this season.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Does it all really matter?? If you can't give an apology to a good friend who claims to have had her feelings hurt, whether you understand it or not, are you a not a friend? Is it phony to apologize just because your friend needs it but you don't understand if you have injured  them or how ? No. Kyle needed it, Teddi showed why she needed it, and Lisa found a way to do it with sincerity. Case closed. For now LOL

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

I believe she genuinely got sucked in to being poor Kyle's champion and aggressively laid out a one-lane course of action for LVP, to give a simplified blanket apology for something way more nuanced than Teddi seems to be able to grasp.

I don't see it that way, but to each their own.

Quote

I don't know if Teddi is a nice person or not, but I  can tell she sure thinks she is

So far, I think she is as well.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

The things I learn on this forum....I like to consider it educational. 

real-housewives-dorit-viserys-gold-head-

She does it here after taking a sip. She always manages to portray extreme thirst.

Dorit's look at Kyle's store was un spahd wun shay saw an up poh sode of Troo Blud

Dorit as Suckie LopSidedStackhouse

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

To you--clearly I think they both are attractive. And for all that surgery (which I didn't know about), it's still abundantly clear who Ivanka's dad is, which is mind-boggling to me.

Lol if you say so 

 

07A5F70D-47CC-4F17-AC8F-164135D4683B.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

so just because she wont read it then its ok? what? would you walk up to her in person and say these things and think it was ok? if someone walked up to you and said these things would that be ok with you? just because you sit behind a computer monitor doesn't make it ok thats the point everyone has just gotten so they can type whatever they want because its anonymous and think that its ok. If you wouldn't walk up to her and say it then it shouldn't be said should be a rule of thumb. its just a respectful thing when it comes to kids. if you had children and people where coming at them picking them apart would you think that was ok? no you would tell them to back off. be realistic

Celebrities are held to a higher standard. They make their living off being judged by the public. It’s literally my job as part of the public to do so. So no, I don’t care and no attempts to shame people into not judging those who purposely put themselves into the spotlight for scrutiny fall flat. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I really don't get what you're doing right now, or how to reply; are you looking for a "Well, that does it--you have convinced me that I was incorrect about my own opinion?" If it means that much to you, then OK: I truly apologize for finding her attractive. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, GreenlinetoHarlem said:

I believe she genuinely got sucked in to being poor Kyle's champion and aggressively laid out a one-lane course of action for LVP, to give a simplified blanket apology for something way more nuanced than Teddi seems to be able to grasp. I felt for LVP and even for unfortunate, emotionally stunted Kyle in that situation. I don't know if Teddi is a nice person or not, but I  can tell she sure thinks she is. I will sit here on my island and proclaim that she is a boring drip every week until I see something that shows me different. I have a feeling some of you might be joining me before the end of this season.

Meghan McCain and Rinna agreed with your assessment of Teddi last night on WWHL.  McCain even went as far to tell Andy not to hire anymore RH with famous last names and compared Teddi to Eden Sassoon.  So be it a coring drip every week it appears she is not everyone's cup of tea.  Teddi is that one who is always competing.  Next week it is who can bring the best birthdaypresent to LVP's birthday party.  Teddi declared herself the winner.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

24 minutes ago, ezzy4 said:

I respectfully disagree . . .  I completely see what you are saying though.  Kyle has been really pushing this "BFF" thing with Dorit.  But I see that as a calculated move (at least at first.  It may have morphed into something else later . . . something meant to poke at LVP armor).  I suspect Kyle was willing to help LVP bring Dorit into the fold and secure her the housewives gig for the longterm (so she didn't just become a "one and done" girl).  But it was Dorit who worked at undermining Kyle's and LVP connection.  Dorit is just too hungry and couldn't leave well enough alone. When LVP stormed out of the luncheon, Dorit was quick let Kyle know how many ways Dorit was closer to LVP than Kyle was.  "Oh youuuuuuu didn't knowwwwww about LVP's jewelry lineeeeeeee and I diddddddddd???" with undertones of how humiliating it would be to be in the dark.  Then Dorit twists the LVP backstory of her typically British unemotional upbringing (a backstory LVP alludes to often - without giving any real personal information) as LVP opening up with her deep emotions to Dorit and once again leaving Kyle in the dark.   Kyle looked stunned, hurt, confused during this conversation.  I read that as her thinking "wait, I thought LVP and I were on the same page. WTF?"

So I think it was Dorit pushing the Dorit/LVP BFF storyline.  And Kyle looked to take back some power from Dorit by pushing LVP to take a stand against Dorit.  When LVP didn't, Kyle really felt hurt.  

Dorit is such an idiot.  I mean, she really SHOULD be closer to LVP than the rest of the castmates.  Her husband has been friends with LVP forever apparently.  Again, she's just so thirsty.  She sees something and tries to bulldoze her way to it.  She sees her husband's relationship with LVP as a stepping stone to fame (and money).  She's just so clueless.  She has no finesse.  She has no tact. 

Kyle played this very same game on Lisa with Taylor, the exact same thing, so this isn't something new from her. As for what Dorit told Kyle, Lisa has had a jewelry line for years (sold on EVINE) and she has spoken about her childhood on the show as well so none of this is new or unknown to Kyle. Was Dorit playing a game, Yes, she was but so was Kyle. The only one not in on the game was Lisa. And Kyle was doing the Dorit is my bf, I love her to Lisa just as much as Dorit was doing it about Kyle to Lisa, in fact, neither Kyle or Dorit were saying that Lisa was their bf/love and Lisa certainly wasn't telling either Kyle or Dorit they were "jelly" of her friendship with the other.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Reality police said:

This is my pet peeve with most of the housewives, the long hair. They think it makes them younger but what they don't see is that it draws their faces down. As we age shorter is the way to go. It's like an instant face lift. Rinna gets it. Dorinda gets it. 

I don't understand the viewers reactions sometimes. When it's a woman from BH, she's chic. If it's someone like Michelle Duggar, everyone puts her down saying she needs to get that mop cut. Not a Duggar fan but I just think there is a double standard. If you have money it looks ok, if you don't you look like an Mountain raised holy roller. JMO. 

Wouldn't you??

The long hair just makes them look dated. With LisaV, I suspect she is almost all grey, so she does the box at home since she's constantly having to cover her roots. Her hair looks to me like all the other older women around here that use box color on their grey hair. If she cut her hair and maybe resigned to.. grey! she would actually look so good. Boxed hair color just is so aging.

I think Kyle is lucky in that she doesn't color her hair, which probably helps big time make it stay so healthy looking. But she needs to go short. The long hair is reminiscent of women in the 70s and just dates her, imo.

Teddi, though I do like her, dresses like a 21-year old clubber. The hair extensions are so so so bad. The long strands. of hair she has hanging in her face is sooooo bad. It's so dated. Hate everything about Teddi's style, or lack of.

 

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 11.40.55 AM.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Silo said:

Celebrities are held to a higher standard. They make their living off being judged by the public. It’s literally my job as part of the public to do so. So no, I don’t care and no attempts to shame people into not judging those who purposely put themselves into the spotlight for scrutiny fall flat. 

This post just made me laugh out loud.  OMG amazing.  

I think that Lisa and Kyle have a relationship that has a strong foundation and they will weather any issues between them regardless of who tries to come between them.  Dorit, if she were smart, would not try to touch that relationship but she is gunning for the two of them with gusto.  I don't think that Lisa will betray Kyle in favor of Dorit.  I think she's got Dorit's number and will absolutely be more careful of what she says around her from now on.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I think Kyle’s hair and Teddy’s dress are an example of women wanting to hold onto looks they had when they were the most attractive (ie 20 years ago).

I think Erica’s wall is reflective in the costumes she wears. She’s so guarded that she won’t even show us what her true style is. You can usually read someone based on their clothing choices. Not Erica! Because she’s going to dress like an evil Disney queen, or a sci Fi geisha, or a member of St. Pepper’s Band lol

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Meghan needs to learn what irony means before she tells Andy who he should or should not hire.

OMG you win MY internet today.  I want to marry your comment.  

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, jennylauren123 said:

Has anyone else noticed the unfortunate habit  Dorit has of moving her tongue up between her upper lip and teeth and then down? Very unattractive, and it reminds me of some kind of animal, though I can't figure out which!

It reminds me of a coke head having dry mouth. ... (shrugs).

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Kyle played this very same game on Lisa with Taylor, the exact same thing, so this isn't something new from her. As for what Dorit told Kyle, Lisa has had a jewelry line for years (sold on EVINE) and she has spoken about her childhood on the show as well so none of this is new or unknown to Kyle. Was Dorit playing a game, Yes, she was but so was Kyle. The only one not in on the game was Lisa. And Kyle was doing the Dorit is my bf, I love her to Lisa just as much as Dorit was doing it about Kyle to Lisa, in fact, neither Kyle or Dorit were saying that Lisa was their bf/love and Lisa certainly wasn't telling either Kyle or Dorit they were "jelly" of her friendship with the other.

Kyle has done exactly the same thing with Taylor.  Taylor managed to remain friends with both of them.  I think Kyle was surprised LVP was suing Dorit as a jewelry model.  I think Dorit was surprised as well it was full face and not just hands and neck.  At the end of the day that was all that was really said-Kyle amped it up.  I have a bone to pick with both Kyle and LVP-when they are on camera and say something it is out there.  I hold all of them to that standard.  If they are saying it on camera it is fair game and they all need to stop the blame game that someone repeated it what they said on camera.  I am still not understanding what Kyle was so enraged with by Dorit repeating what had happened over the previous two weeks.  

I can see where Dorit and Kyle formed a friendship and why LVP may not be included in every dealing.  Kyle was not shy about cutting to the front of the line in the getting to know the Kemsleys using her worked with Boy George card.  I do think LVP is the better friend to Dorit at this point in the show and I am glad Dorit dropped the bomb that Kyle wasn't all that innocent in talking about LVP. 

I am certain the team play will continue for the rest of the season with Dorit being the hockey puck so both sides can bash her about the playing field.

2 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

The long hair just makes them look dated. With LisaV, I suspect she is almost all grey, so she does the box at home since she's constantly having to cover her roots. Her hair looks to me like all the other older women around here that use box color on their grey hair. If she cut her hair and maybe resigned to.. grey! she would actually look so good. Boxed hair color just is so aging.

I think Kyle is lucky in that she doesn't color her hair, which probably helps big time make it stay so healthy looking. But she needs to go short. The long hair is reminiscent of women in the 70s and just dates her, imo.

Teddi, though I do like her, dresses like a 21-year old clubber. The hair extensions are so so so bad. The long strands. of hair she has hanging in her face is sooooo bad. It's so dated. Hate everything about Teddi's style, or lack of.

 

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 11.40.55 AM.png

I hate to be the one to burst the Kyle bubble-Kyle colors her hair she is quite grey.   Every once in awhile you can see the roots.   Last year she cut a bunch of hair off because her highlights damaged her hair.  I don't think LVP runs to the drugstore to pick up a bottle of Miss Clairol.  I believe she has her colorist come over and does it for her.  ;-D. LVP cutting her hair won't make it any healthier.  She just has very dry hair-she told us last season in both English and Spanish. Short of a sporting a Mohawk LVP's hair will always looked stressed.  I kind of like LVP's hair when she wears it up.  I don't think anyone needs to resign themselves to grey hair if they don't feel like it.  Even Harry Hamlin goes back and forth between white hair and being a brunette.  

I don't know if Kyle looks any better with short hair-I am not a fan of her ponytail look, I thought her hair looked different this week.  I couldn't decide if it was better or just the change.  She also had a make up person with a palette knife applying make up.  So I can't decide if it was the hair, the make up or that Kyle lights up when she is out for blood and apologies from her co-stars.

Teddi will tell you she doesn't care about style yet the first thing she does when being helped is demand form fitting clothes.  She definitely trades style for exposure.  I get it she works hard for her figure.   I agree about her fake hair it looks like 10 yards for a dollar.  

One thing they all need to do is dial way back on the make up.  They are starting to look like kids who got into their mothers make-up drawer.  Do these make up artists not have monitors available to the to see how overdone the make up is?  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

you dont treat someone who is 16 the same has someone who is 18 because they are one still forming ask any psychologist. stop there is a huge difference if not we would be kicking these kids out at 13 14 15 into the world 

JMO, but I think good points are made by all regarding the teenagers on the show. On the one hand, they are still just kids. On the other hand, when they are putting themselves in a situation/profession where they are going to be judged by others, is it fair game? For me, I don't like to comment on them. Not because they shouldn't expect to be "judged" when they are putting themselves in the very career arena where it is all about being judged, but because I have zero idea how much of this is their decision. Maybe Mason is dying to be a model. Maybe it is her lifelong dream. Maybe it is not and she feels pressure by her parents or others. Maybe she is trying to live up to expectations. I have zero idea because she is really still a child. I don't know if she is big on being on the RH show or not. Maybe she was great with having cameras film the fashion show. Maybe she was super nervous about it. That is always my problem with these parents putting their teenagers on display on this show. Teenagers are prickly. They say dumb things. They often have poor judgement. They are easily offended or hurt. I hate seeing them be the focus for criticism when there are a whole bunch of grown-ups on the show acting like idiots who have 100% control over their choices. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Kyle has done exactly the same thing with Taylor.  Taylor managed to remain friends with both of them.  I think Kyle was surprised LVP was suing Dorit as a jewelry model.  I think Dorit was surprised as well it was full face and not just hands and neck.  At the end of the day that was all that was really said-Kyle amped it up.  I have a bone to pick with both Kyle and LVP-when they are on camera and say something it is out there.  I hold all of them to that standard.  If they are saying it on camera it is fair game and they all need to stop the blame game that someone repeated it what they said on camera.  I am still not understanding what Kyle was so enraged with by Dorit repeating what had happened over the previous two weeks.  

I can see where Dorit and Kyle formed a friendship and why LVP may not be included in every dealing.  Kyle was not shy about cutting to the front of the line in the getting to know the Kemsleys using her worked with Boy George card.  I do think LVP is the better friend to Dorit at this point in the show and I am glad Dorit dropped the bomb that Kyle wasn't all that innocent in talking about LVP. 

I am certain the team play will continue for the rest of the season with Dorit being the hockey puck so both sides can bash her about the playing field.

I hate to be the one to burst the Kyle bubble-Kyle colors her hair she is quite grey.   Every once in awhile you can see the roots.   Last year she cut a bunch of hair off because her highlights damaged her hair.  I don't think LVP runs to the drugstore to pick up a bottle of Miss Clairol.  I believe she has her colorist come over and does it for her.  ;-D. LVP cutting her hair won't make it any healthier.  She just has very dry hair-she told us last season in both English and Spanish. Short of a sporting a Mohawk LVP's hair will always looked stressed.  I kind of like LVP's hair when she wears it up.  I don't think anyone needs to resign themselves to grey hair if they don't feel like it.  Even Harry Hamlin goes back and forth between white hair and being a brunette.  

I don't know if Kyle looks any better with short hair-I am not a fan of her ponytail look, I thought her hair looked different this week.  I couldn't decide if it was better or just the change.  She also had a make up person with a palette knife applying make up.  So I can't decide if it was the hair, the make up or that Kyle lights up when she is out for blood and apologies from her co-stars.

Teddi will tell you she doesn't care about style yet the first thing she does when being helped is demand form fitting clothes.  She definitely trades style for exposure.  I get it she works hard for her figure.   I agree about her fake hair it looks like 10 yards for a dollar.  

One thing they all need to do is dial way back on the make up.  They are starting to look like kids who got into their mothers make-up drawer.  Do these make up artists not have monitors available to the to see how overdone the make up is?  

I think it was both the shorter hair and contouring that made Kyle look so much better. She should try both together.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

so just because she wont read it then its ok? what? would you walk up to her in person and say these things and think it was ok? if someone walked up to you and said these things would that be ok with you? just because someone sits behind a computer monitor doesn't make it ok thats the point everyone has just gotten so they can type whatever they want because its anonymous and think that its ok. If you wouldn't walk up to her and say it then it shouldn't be said should be a rule of thumb. its just a respectful thing when it comes to kids. if you had children and people where coming at them picking them apart would you think that was ok? no you would tell them to back off. be realistic

Child or adult, I wouldn't walk up to any of these people and tell them what I think about their behavior on this show. I think Dorit has acted like a shit stirring asshole this season but would I tell her that if I bumped into her on the street? No, of course not. 

This is a place where people are allowed to give opinions whether they're positive or negative. 

When people are interacting in person, I feel that it's better to be positive even if that means being a little fake particularly if the person you're interacting with is a stranger. With family and friends (or online strangers) I think it's okay to be a little more honest and a bit less filtered. YMMV.

If my child made the choice to go into modeling, I would be uneasy about it because the reality is that it's an occupation where people are harshly judged no matter what their age. Rather than attacking people for having an opinion,  I would stress the importance of focusing on the positive as opposed to searching for the inevitable negativity.

I disagree that different rules should apply to Mason but not Bella or Gigi because Gigi and Bella are over 18. They're all in the same industry so they should be treated in the same way. 

Where I really disagree with you is the idea that criticizing Mason's walk is the equivalent of being a keyboard bully. People should be allowed to express their opinions especially in a forum where snark is part of the culture.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Silo said:

I think Kyle’s hair and Teddy’s dress are an example of women wanting to hold onto looks they had when they were the most attractive (ie 20 years ago).

 

It's interesting, because I think Kyle is more beautiful now that she ever was. Much more so than she was in her 20's, but even more so than when the show started. She is one of the only HW's that I see in flashback from years earlier and can honestly say, "wow, she looks just as good". Usually in flashbacks I am shocked to see what they have done to themselves in such a small number of years.  I don't know what she does, but it sure does work for her. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I found it odd that the contouring was added to Kyle's face AFTER eye shadow & mascara. What if the sponge tapped the mascara?

Normally when I see makeup professionally done, it's the base foundation and contouring first to create an even clean palette before applying shadow, blush, lip. There may be some powder pressed in at the end to set it.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

JMO, but I think good points are made by all regarding the teenagers on the show. On the one hand, they are still just kids. On the other hand, when they are putting themselves in a situation/profession where they are going to be judged by others, is it fair game? For me, I don't like to comment on them. Not because they shouldn't expect to be "judged" when they are putting themselves in the very career arena where it is all about being judged, but because I have zero idea how much of this is their decision. Maybe Mason is dying to be a model. Maybe it is her lifelong dream. Maybe it is not and she feels pressure by her parents or others. Maybe she is trying to live up to expectations. I have zero idea because she is really still a child. I don't know if she is big on being on the RH show or not. Maybe she was great with having cameras film the fashion show. Maybe she was super nervous about it. That is always my problem with these parents putting their teenagers on display on this show. Teenagers are prickly. They say dumb things. They often have poor judgement. They are easily offended or hurt. I hate seeing them be the focus for criticism when there are a whole bunch of grown-ups on the show acting like idiots who have 100% control over their choices. 

So basically they’re just like their mothers on the show lol

Celebrity teens should get judged so they can have a taste what’s it like to have the whole world judging you and use that to help them decide if this career is right for them. Also, this is a brand new generation. These teens have grown up seeing and using social media. Being judged and seeing others judged is a way of life for them.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

The children who appear on this show are fair game. People can call them ugly and that's ok. People can call them beautiful and that's ok too. What you all are not allowed to do is be rude to each other. 

Posts have been removed. 

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

It's interesting, because I think Kyle is more beautiful now that she ever was. Much more so than she was in her 20's, but even more so than when the show started. She is one of the only HW's that I see in flashback from years earlier and can honestly say, "wow, she looks just as good". Usually in flashbacks I am shocked to see what they have done to themselves in such a small number of years.  I don't know what she does, but it sure does work for her. 

I def think she looks the least aged of the whole cast. Maybe *she* thinks she looked better 20 years ago before all the kids, etc.

Maybe she’s trying to offset that giant Richards’ nose that she, Paris’ mom, Paris and Nicky were unfortunate enough to inherit. Through plastic surgery, Paris’ mom has whittled hers away down to almost nothing.

Maybe she wants to hold onto her hair because it’s the only truly beautiful body part she has. Her face and body are average. But her hair is long, thick, shiny, amazing. Appearance-wise, it’s truly her crown of glory. Maybe that why she’s reluctant to give it up, altho I think a shorter cut would do wonders for her.

Edited by Silo
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

In terms of hair:

They all have damaged hair from all of the things they've done - extensions, tracks, weaves, coloring.

Kyle wins hand's down as she still has most of her natural hair and it looks the healthiest.

LVP definitely fried her hair and has chunks of bald spots. She wears pieces - definitely toppers. I've seen many a shot of the back of her head and you can see how the real hair has been fluffed over and hair sprayed down over the topper. The real hair is brittle and dry.

Teddi needs to stop with the extensions - or maybe find a new hair person - they aren't hiding the tracks well.

This episode really showed how bad Dorit's hair is. Bravo editors had plenty of shots of the her from the back. Her real hair was slicked over the wig and sprayed down. It was 3 inches shorter than the wig. The ponytail poking out at the nape of her neck from under the wig cap.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

14 hours ago, Normades said:

I didn't care for the short hair on Kyle. Just because you're older doesn't mean you can't have long hair. I had beautiful long hair and I let other people talk me into cutting it. Big mistake. I'm hoping it will grow back. If it does, I'll be 90 with long ass hair (if I'm lucky)!  

Hmmmmnnn, “90 with long ass hair”.......? ( haha, just kidding)

Even though I think LVP could use a hair and makeup makeover, it is refreshing that she is the only one not traveling with her own glam squad. 

I cannot even imagine how much time Erika has spent getting her hair, makeup, clothing, etc done by her goon squad. Yes, it must be expensive, but all that time wasted is what bugs me. It seems so pointless too~ makeup trends have moved to a more natural look, and you would think Erika might have more meaningful things to do than play dress up for a living. ( were her glam goons actually putting lotion on her legs and make up on her hands??) 

Harry Hamlin seems like an old recluse. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

Child or adult, I wouldn't walk up to any of these people and tell them what I think about their behavior on this show. I think Dorit has acted like a shit stirring asshole this season but would I tell her that if I bumped into her on the street? No, of course not. 

This is a place where people are allowed to give opinions whether they're positive or negative. 

When people are interacting in person, I feel that it's better to be positive even if that means being a little fake particularly if the person you're interacting with is a stranger. With family and friends (or online strangers) I think it's okay to be a little more honest and a bit less filtered. YMMV.

If my child made the choice to go into modeling, I would be uneasy about it because the reality is that it's an occupation where people are harshly judged no matter what their age. Rather than attacking people for having an opinion,  I would stress the importance of focusing on the positive as opposed to searching for the inevitable negativity.

I disagree that different rules should apply to Mason but not Bella or Gigi because Gigi and Bella are over 18. They're all in the same industry so they should be treated in the same way. 

Where I really disagree with you is the idea that criticizing Mason's walk is the equivalent of being a keyboard bully. People should be allowed to express their opinions especially in a forum where snark is part of the culture.

I think the big difference is she isn’t old enough to make her own decisions it’s her mother that is putting her on this show it’s not clearly her choice she’s not doing talking heads and trying to be on camera. It looked like she was avoiding them to me to be honest. Bella a GiGi and even Lisa’s girls actively want to be on the show so yes they honestly shouldn’t be shielded from critique because they are wanting it. I’m just saying this girl was on for 10min and is being dragged ( she’s not pretty how dare she, she’s only there cause of her mother she shouldn’t model, she shouldn’t be on a runway she walks funny) I get those are valid thoughts but she didn’t ask for them that’s just my 2 cents 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, KungFuBunny said:

In terms of hair:

They all have damaged hair from all of the things they've done - extensions, tracks, weaves, coloring.

Kyle wins hand's down as she still has most of her natural hair and it looks the healthiest.

LVP definitely fried her hair and has chunks of bald spots. She wears pieces - definitely toppers. I've seen many a shot of the back of her head and you can see how the real hair has been fluffed over and hair sprayed down over the topper. The real hair is brittle and dry.

Teddi needs to stop with the extensions - or maybe find a new hair person - they aren't hiding the tracks well.

This episode really showed how bad Dorit's hair is. Bravo editors had plenty of shots of the her from the back. Her real hair was slicked over the wig and sprayed down. It was 3 inches shorter than the wig. The ponytail poking out at the nape of her neck from under the wig cap.

When they zoomed in I thought I saw a tiny station and li'l conductor.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Do y'all think Rinna wears wigs?

I have been wondering that myself.

She wore a long wig to WWHL and I thought she looked good.

...but I’ve been wondering about her normal hair.

Edited by Silo
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I still don't understand the need to be a character every time she goes out. 

Me either. For all her talk about how busy she is, Erica must have a hella lotta time on her hands to be able to dress in character every day. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size