Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E11: Thank You, Thuck You!

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

I liked Erika with the bangs toupee.

Dorit needs to shut up. Who’s trying to drive wedge between whom, fakey face?

Whether it’s drugs, alcohol or something else, it really does seem as if Dorit is delusional.

• Love 14

It was nice to see Paul Nassif!  Kyle looked amazing at dinner with LVP!!  Seriously fantastic!!  I wish I had $$$$.   

Edited by crgirl412
I didn't get enough sleep today after working nightshift!
  • Love 18

I wish Lisa hadn't apologized. Kyle is really such a freaking baby.  Newsflash, no two relationships are exactly the same so don't expect every response to be identical to yours.

I agree.  Kyle confronted Dorit and started an argument with her.  LVP did not ask her to do this on her behalf.  Kyle then demands that LVP back her up.  The info that was coming out was new to LVP.  She needed time to process it and then decide how she wants to handle it.  Kyle has really come across as needy and whining the past 2 episodes, IMO.   I totally disagree with LVP for apologizing to her over this.  It would've been different if Dorit came in with guns blazing at Kyle and LVP, and if LVP sat there and did nothing, but Kyle started the whole thing.  LVP didn't want to join in on the nonsense between them.  Pfftt to Kyle for demanding apologies of LVP.  

4 minutes ago, nexxie said:

I liked Erika with the bangs toupee.

I liked it too, but I still don't understand the need to be a character every time she goes out.  Whatever makes her happy though.  <shrugs shoulders>   

• Love 21
55 minutes ago, Snappy said:

I hope LVP holds Dorito accountable, and doesn't let her off the hook too quickly. Make her squirm. Make her squirm hard.

She needs to hold them both accountable, not just Dorit. Kyle talked smack about Lisa with Dorit, it wasn't just a 1 way whine fest.

53 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Dorit, Kyle, and Lisa V have some weird psycho Stockholm syndrome thing going on and I’m getting really bored with it. 

It isn't Lisa, it is Kyle and Dorit doing it and they have been doing it all season long to Lisa. Dorit....Kyle's my bf, I love her. Kyle......Dorit's my bf, I love her. Both of them together, Lisa's jelly! Kyle is playing the same sick game with Dorit that she/Taylor played on Lisa years ago, yet she has the gall to call Lisa a bad friend.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, rho said:

I normally just ignore Erika Jayne and her designer t-shirt dress du jour, but I cannot excuse those crap-ass old lady blackout sunglasses. And she wore them to sit in the dark at a fashion show. 

Trying to pull off what Anna Wintour does (apparently she was the only person allowed to keep them on during fashion shows at Perth Fashion Week) basically is probably what she'd claim!

But really, for whatever reason, many celebs seem to do it in the front row at NYFW (if you google NYFW front row wearing sunglasses there are gobs of pictures) but like you, I've always thought it looks weird even if they claim it keeps them from having their reactions to things seen, etc.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, onatrek said:

But really, for whatever reason, many celebs seem to do it in the front row at NYFW (if you google NYFW front row wearing sunglasses there are gobs of pictures) but like you, I've always thought it looks weird even if they claim it keeps them from having their reactions to things seen, etc.

Most thing these folks and celebrities do are odd to me.  They live in a completely different world than I do.  Although I like this show, so much of their behavior and what they do is utterly ridiculous to me.  It makes me feel better about having a more simple kind of life.    :)

• Love 15

LVP has always been very over rated.  But think of the shady bunch she has been associated with - Dorit, PK, Cedirc, Brandi, Mohammed, The VanderPump Rules losers.  And Ken is a misogynist   LVP is vindictive and holds on to grudges, no matter how petty. She will also never admit she's wrong. She can dish it, but plays victim if someone does it to her.

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, onatrek said:

Trying to pull off what Anna Wintour does (apparently she was the only person allowed to keep them on during fashion shows at Perth Fashion Week) basically is probably what she'd claim!

Yes it's dumb but Anna Wintour and her custom Chanel sunglasses are iconic. Erika and her cataract glasses are not.

• Love 18

I didn't care for the short hair on Kyle. Just because you're older doesn't mean you can't have long hair. I had beautiful long hair and I let other people talk me into cutting it. Big mistake. I'm hoping it will grow back. If it does, I'll be 90 with long ass hair (if I'm lucky)!  

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

LVP has always been very over rated.  But think of the shady bunch she has been associated with - Dorit, PK, Cedirc, Brandi, Mohammed, The VanderPump Rules losers.  And Ken is a misogynist   LVP is vindictive and holds on to grudges, no matter how petty. She will also never admit she's wrong. She can dish it, but plays victim if someone does it to her.

I think she admitted she was wrong tonight. Also the role of the victim was all sewn up by Kyle.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

“And maybe almost 60...” hahahahaha take that LVP! Rinna is right. Kyle has gone to bat for her so many times and LVP wouldn’t never reciprocate .

Dorito put on her thick British accent when she called LVP and lost her accent the more she raised her voice and got flustered. Accent amnesia .

LVP and Dorit can have each other as far as I am concerned . 

Kyles hair looks great short. 10 years shaved off ! 

Accent amnesia -- LOL!!

• Love 9

We didn't need to have Frankelstein's monster tonight. I hate Kyle running to her with stories. Also her reaction to Lisa riding home with Dorit was unnecessary. Yes they are big girls, but at least Lisa has the class to show concern for a friend. B is a straight up liar on the accent issue. 

I think Lisa wanted to process her issues with Dorit in her own time. I also think Lisa probably had a long talk to PK on his wife's behaviour.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, noveltylibrary said:

It's official.  If you drop from a RW uterus you can slide right onto a fashion runway.

Yep.  Mason is gorgeous -- but her runway walk was more like a trudge.  Does she really want to be a fashion model?  Push those hips forward, girl! 

• Love 13

Sincer they’re in NYC and we had Bethenny tonight anyway, we need some of the current and former RHONY ladies to come after Dorit: Dorinda and her “CLIIIIIIIIIIPPPPP!” and Kristen and her “DeeeLOOOOOOOOOsionalllll!”

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 19
10 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Well, LVP implied it in tonight's episode.  Her 'friendship' with Dorit is about her friendship with PK.  I wouldn't doubt that Dorit begged PK who begged LVP to get Dorit on the show.  She went with Dorit in the cab because of PK, not because she was sooo concerned about Dorit.  As LVP said, she and PK go way back....to their days in England.  I think PK knows a lot about Lisa and Ken's days back home.  In the meantime, Dorit is working overtime to be front and center.  She's coming off really bad.

I really liked Teddi's 'talk' with LVP.  If the friendship means something to you, just apologize.  And....I do think both LVP and Kyle value their friendship but LVP is more sure of her friendship with Kyle.  Dorit is another story.  Or should I say PK.

Lisa expanded on that comment to Dorit, saying that she gave Dorit the benefit of doubt when she/Dorit first met because of PK but that she grew to love Dorit on her own after getting to know her. Of course, Dorit will hold that against her next episode but it wasn't Lisa playing the "friend" game, it was both Kyle and Dorit. 

As for Teddi, did she even stop to consider that maybe Lisa was hurt? Lisa had just heard that 1 of her close friends, Dorit, was talking smack about her behind her back and hadn't had time to process that info. Now, to top it all off, she finds out that Kyle was also talking smack about her, so IMO, both Dorit and Kyle owe Lisa an apology, not the other way around.

• Love 19

Ugh, the sooner that both Kyle and LVP accept that they are frenemies, the sooner that we can all MOVE ON. Actually, I think LVP has always known that they are frenemies since Kyles “Bobby Fisher” reunion dig, but Kyle just has a hard time getting here. Kyle has a soft gooey center and can forgive and forget, but Lisa is an ice queen and is incapable of doing either.  

Edited by ticklemepink
  • Love 10

Lisa Rinna repulses me. 

And Teddi, you know, I think she means well, and is a good person, so yay Teddi for that, but please stop frantically running after people trying to get them to apologize when it has nothing to do with you, it's not your place, it's none of your business and you're new. Stay in your lane.

• Love 22
24 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Well, LVP implied it in tonight's episode.  Her 'friendship' with Dorit is about her friendship with PK.  I wouldn't doubt that Dorit begged PK who begged LVP to get Dorit on the show.  She went with Dorit in the cab because of PK, not because she was sooo concerned about Dorit.  As LVP said, she and PK go way back....to their days in England.  I think PK knows a lot about Lisa and Ken's days back home.  In the meantime, Dorit is working overtime to be front and center.  She's coming off really bad.

I really liked Teddi's 'talk' with LVP.  If the friendship means something to you, just apologize.  And....I do think both LVP and Kyle value their friendship but LVP is more sure of her friendship with Kyle.  Dorit is another story.  Or should I say PK.

Ding Ding Ding!

LVP said tonight she's only known Dorit for 1 1/2 to 2 years.

According to Dorit, she and PK have been together since 2011.

Did LVP and Ken not go to the wedding?

• Love 11
51 minutes ago, charming said:

What was LVP supposed to apologize to Kyle for? I'm still lost. Kyle tried to wind up LVP prior to the party and LVP said it's Dorit's night. Kyle proceeds to confront Dorit and because LVP didn't pile on she's in the wrong? 

Kyle has never really defended LVP. Where is this myth coming from? She's been heavily involved in attempting to bring LVP down each season. She talked trash about LVP to frickin Taylor and Adrienne which came out at the tea party. She schemed with Brandi and Yolanda. She's repeatedly trashed LVP's character season after season. Then when LVP keeps her distance she whines and cries. Why would you want to be besties with LVP if she was soooo horrible? Now once again she's trying to make LVP the "bad guy" because she "never" apologizes. She even had to bring her attack dog Bethenny around to roast her.

Now LVP apologized (again).  So now what Kyle going to pick at LVP about? She's so phony.

I concur. She is going to create a situation for which Lisa is going to have to apologize for. Just like she did with this whole argument with Dorit. You picked a fight with another woman without consulting Lisa, why should Lisa join in? If you wanted her to, maybe you should have given her a heads up of Dorit's behavior and even then, Lisa doesn't have to argue with Dorit on your schedule. 

Kyle is emotionally exhausting in her neediness. She is quick to play the victim when a friend doesn't fill that void in a way she deems fit. Lisa is going to forever apologize to Kyle because while Lisa is not blameless, Kyle is the perpetual victim. 

• Love 19

Random observations:

Another reason to like Teddi.  She acknowledges her hand problem which she addresses in her blog:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-8/blogs/teddi-mellencamp-arroyave/teddi-mellencamp-0

Mason did look lovely and that last gown was gorgeous. 

Loved Kyle with the shorter hair.  Not feeling Erika's just had sex in the dumpster or the sunglasses.  And what the heck was that outfit that Dorit was wearing to Kyle's trunk sale?  Add to that LVP's platform shoes.

As much as I can't stand Beth, I did like it when she brought up Dorit's 'accent'.

Sorry but LVP's imitation of Kyle's 'accent' was way off.  I give Kyle the win on the accent competition.  Or maybe that's American humor if you get what I mean.....  Ok.  Given LVP's excuses for British humor.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Note to Dorit - you're an idiot

The T Shirt you wore was not a "vampire" shirt

Vampires have regular teeth and long incisors.

Your shirt only had the fangs - so that was more likely a snake like you - possibly a rattlesnake - you make lots of noise when you attack

Most snakes have teeth in addition to their fangs.

• Love 4

Mason has a body to die for. Her face though is straight up Kelsey Grammar, but maybe that's a plus for her in terms of being relevant. I loved every single outfit in that fashion show. I was quietly hoping that Erika would get some ideas for her next shopping trip. I liked Dorit's outfit with the fangs. She looked really tired though. I don't understand what LisaV apologized for. And the closeup of Teddi eating a strawberry I didn't understand, except for the camera to pick up some close up hands shots. Weird.

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, AuntiePam said:

Yep.  Mason is gorgeous -- but her runway walk was more like a trudge.  Does she really want to be a fashion model?  Push those hips forward, girl! 

No kidding. Girl walked like a linebacker. I gave her a pass with the first dress because it was stiff and full, but when it was the same walk with later dresses.....yikes. Truly, any “star’s” kid can be a runway model these days now. 

• Love 23
2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Most thing these folks and celebrities do are odd to me.  They live in a completely different world than I do.  Although I like this show, so much of their behavior and what they do is utterly ridiculous to me.  It makes me feel better about having a more simple kind of life.    :)

I know right?  I can't tell you how happy I am that I never have to go to NYFW!!!  And that in my circle deep conversations don't involve what kind of "costume" we are wearing!

1 hour ago, AuntiePam said:

I didn't think so at all!  When Rinna talked about how great it was to see her girls "doing what they love" - I don't actually see it in them either.  Other than they've learned that that's what's cool.  I felt bad for the poor older Hamlet, alone in a NY apartment at age 19.  It made me remember the fun I had in college, surrounded by other girls in too-small dorm rooms.  The younger one doesn't seem into it either, and Mason seemed like she was doing it because it was "what you do".  Compare them to Kyle's god-son who designs the furs - now that kid seems like he loves what he does!  The modeling girls not so much.

Edited by princelina
  • Love 22

Anyone else think Teddi looks much prettier in the non-TH shots?

Teddi was gentle but direct. "I have spent time with Kyle. I have spent time with Dorit. I have NEVER heard Kyle say anything negative about anyone else." I think that got through to LVP.

So from now on, if at least one parent is famous, the daughter will become a model. No matter what she looks like. Why? Is it just so the designer might get more press?

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 21

I keep coming back to the idea that "work friendships" are different than normal, everyday friendships.  Sure you can legitimately like your co-workers and even consider them "friends", but there is always an overlay of competition and positioning for recognition to these relationships that isn't a part of normal, everyday friendships. And the business of reality t.v. is more competitive than most work places.   LVP seems very, very savvy with this arrangement.  She seems to have a clear idea where the boundaries are.  There is no doubt she can legitimately be hurt at times (we've all been hurt by something a co-worker has said or done, I'm sure), but in general she understands that work is work, and "work friends" are "WORK" friends.   Honestly, I think she's frustrated that some of the others over the years don't understand these sorts of distinctions.

I think this is somewhat Kyles position too; she thinks she's EARNED her spot as LVP "friend" and she's aggravated that LVP is letting a new co-worker, who hasn't put in the hard work and time that Kyle has,  is getting the same level of achievement as she is - which is bonding time on camera with Lisa.  All the buddy, happy back and forth stuff is easy good exposure.  There are really only two ways to get the exposure on these shows; by negative interactions or positive ones.  Obviously the positive clips are more fun, less stressful and secure your contract for the next season.  It's a good way to make a living.  And Kyle thinks it's unfair that Dorit is being handed that role, when Kyle has worked hard over many years to get it. That's why she keeps saying she is being held to a different standard.  

I may be stretching here, but I suspect Kyle isn't anywhere near as savvy as Lisa is about these boundaries because she grew up in the business, and her family relationships have all be so blurred by the business.  She thinks "working friendships" are real friendships.  And she is legitimately constantly hurt by things her other castmates do and say.  She doesn't seem to distinguish between real, sincere actions and tatics used to get more camera time, or to form a storyline.   I think this frustrates the business woman LVP, who seems to actually personally like Kyle.

Anyone whose ever worked in an office has seen the dynamic where a new employee will breeze in, sure they know everything and everyone who is important, and rattle the productivity of the system for awhile.  They come in too hot, too all knowing, too ready to correct everyone and everything.  They don't take the time to figure out the systems, nuances, particulars.  And usually they either burn out fast, or eventual settle in (after causing a lot of unnecessary chaos).  This is Dorit to a T.  

LVP bridged the gap between a real friendship and "work friendship" when she brought Dorit into the show.  I fully believe LVP knew it was a bit of a gamble, but clearly she thought she could make it work.  I don't think she really knew Dorit but was willing to try to help her longtime friend PEEEEKAYYY.   But I think she gave Dorit too much of the benefit of the doubt.  Dorit seems to be the most clueless of all the castmates.  I don't have a lot of hope that Dorit will survive.  She seems too damn dumb to settle into a reasonable role.  She's just too hungry.  She's so damn fake too.  There is NOTHING about her that suggests she even slightly understands what she got herself into.  There is no hope for her.  

• Love 17

So from now on, if at least parent is famous, the daughter will become a model. No matter what she looks like.

And some sons as well. Puff Daddy, James Marsden, and Jude Law all have sons who are modeling now too.

• Love 8

I read somewhere on the Internet today, Twitter probs, that Kyle doesn’t have that upper east side store location anymore. She had to move to a much smaller shared space with Shoebox. Same for her Hampton’s location. Retail is dog eat dog.

Camille looked so happy for Mason. That was the best part of the show for me. I really don’t give a shit about Erika and her costumes. She doesn’t want to share any of her personal life and now that she’s designated herself the peacemaker, she can go. She’s a bore. Lisa Rinna’s meh. Which leaves Kyle, LVP, Teddi and  Dorit to bring it, hopefully next week.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, bravofan27 said:

Mason has a body to die for. Her face though is straight up Kelsey Grammar, but maybe that's a plus for her in terms of being relevant. I loved every single outfit in that fashion show. I was quietly hoping that Erika would get some ideas for her next shopping trip. I liked Dorit's outfit with the fangs. She looked really tired though. I don't understand what LisaV apologized for. And the closeup of Teddi eating a strawberry I didn't understand, except for the camera to pick up some close up hands shots. Weird.

The designer, for viewers of RHNYC is the same one John hosted a party for at his dry cleaning establishment.  He came in 14th place on the third season of Project Runway.  I don't know that his clothes are readily available.  Now I can see why the women were a little underwhelmed when Camille mentioned the designer's name.  Maybe Kyle will carry his line in her downsized store.  

• Love 4

Best line of the episode was Bethanny asking what type of accent Dorito has. Priceless. 

Teddi continues to be my fav housewife. Amazing how she was able to point out to LVP that she needed to apologize to Kyle, and make it a real apology, rather than the fake one that she tried to give (and the same one she gave Eileen Davidson a couple of years ago). You could see how distasteful the idea was to LVP, but also that a light bulb went off in her head, the way Teddi explained it. 

Sorry, I am just not seeing Mason as a model. She has a plain jane face, and as others have pointed out, walks like a linebacker. But it seems like all you need is a famous name these days. I did like the clothes she was wearing though. 

I did enjoy the scene of LisaR with Harry and the dogs. I really do like them as a couple. Could have done without the younger daughter, but I did think it was sweet when the older daughter called Lisa during her TH and referred to her as her best friend. Seems like she has grown a bit, enough to appreciate what her parents have done for her. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Anyone else think Teddi looks much prettier in the non-TH shots?

Teddi was gentle but direct. "I have spent time with Kyle. I have spent time with Dorit. I have NEVER heard Kyle say anything negative about anyone else." I think that got through to LVP.

So from now on, if at least one parent is famous, the daughter will become a model. No matter what she looks like. Why? Is it just so the designer might get more press?

Yes.

33 minutes ago, zulualpha said:

I read somewhere on the Internet today, Twitter probs, that Kyle doesn’t have that upper east side store location anymore. She had to move to a much smaller shared space with Shoebox. Same for her Hampton’s location. Retail is dog eat dog.

I was in West Palm Beach Florida last November, and on the cab ride to the hotel I passed a Kyle by Alene store (or whatever it's called) that was obviously closed up - couldn't tell if it was preparing to open or already closed.

3 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

The designer, for viewers of RHNYC is the same one John hosted a party for at his dry cleaning establishment.  He came in 14th place on the third season of Project Runway.  I don't know that his clothes are readily available.  Now I can see why the women were a little underwhelmed when Camille mentioned the designer's name.  Maybe Kyle will carry his line in her downsized store.  

Never heard of the guy!  (When Camille first bragged about her daughter walking in his show, I thought she meant Milan, Italy :). But I did like the clothes - which is not something I say about most of these "designers"!

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Kyles hair looks great short. 10 years shaved off ! 

This is my pet peeve with most of the housewives, the long hair. They think it makes them younger but what they don't see is that it draws their faces down. As we age shorter is the way to go. It's like an instant face lift. Rinna gets it. Dorinda gets it. 

I don't understand the viewers reactions sometimes. When it's a woman from BH, she's chic. If it's someone like Michelle Duggar, everyone puts her down saying she needs to get that mop cut. Not a Duggar fan but I just think there is a double standard. If you have money it looks ok, if you don't you look like an Mountain raised holy roller. JMO. 

3 hours ago, bosawks said:

Teddi always kind of looks like she’s looking for the exits in case she has to make a break for it.

Wouldn't you??

• Love 8

I hate that Lisa apologized to Kyle and this whole thing has turned into that she was somehow standing up for Lisa and that's why she went after Dorit, no she went after Dorit because Dorit told Erika what she said about her and tried to pull Lisa into it. I genuinely don't mind her but the past three episodes I have wanted to smack her.

• Love 13