Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
aquarian1

Black Clover

Looking through Adult Swim's schedule for tomorrow. Here's the episode title listed: "Clover Clips: The Nightmarish Charmy Special!" Sounds delightfully fillericious!!

Last week: Finral is still close to death, and his fellow Black Bulls aren't happy with that. After Asta and Langris exchange words, the Wizard King decides the best course of action . . . is to have their respective teams play their semifinal ahead of schedule. Gotta love the priorities.

We also get a look at the past of the guy posing as Xerx. Why does he hate Magic Knights? Well, his dad needed several attempts to make a squad (Blue Orcas), but he did a good job and sought to make his son proud. Then he got killed by his own teammates. Because he was low-born, you see. And a couple of him talked shit about him at his motherfucking grave. As good as this anime has become, it really hammers home points long after they've been driven into the wood.

Edited by Lantern7

Grrr...my DVR had a hiccup and either failed to record the ep this week or deleted it the same time I was deleting something else. Would it be possible to get a head's up? Last we saw the Black Bull's hideout was under attack by the Midnight Sun's mucous queen and zombie lord when the base opens up and a long white haired guy emerges.

The guy with the long white hair is a Black Bull that we (and most of the other Black Bulls) haven't seen yet. His magical ability is the Black Bull's headquarters. He can basically rearrange the building so fast that it's a combat ability. The high point of the fight is when he turns the building into what amounts to a giant mecha.

Mereoleona is basically the Captain Kenpachi of this show. "Use any magic you want! I will crush it by punching it while I grin maniacally!"

The Wizard King is Dead! Long Live the Wizard King! Though the coronation/installation of a new one may have to wait a while.

Unanswered question: Where do all those grimoires originally come from (and keep coming from), anyway? Even the elves from ages past had them.

Okay . . . so if I'm recalling correctly, the Big Bad of the current arc was an elf, and now a bunch of the good guys have pointed ears and facial marks. Does that mean they have elf blood? Of course Yuno has been converted . . . I'm still thinking we're getting the Blue Exorcist treatment, and he's going to be pushed into the role of Head Elf. On the bright side, Gauche was converted. Hopefully, he'll get killed by Grave, Gordon and Slow-Talking Mage That Was The Mansion Guy. "Captain, he kept attacking us and not bringing up his sister. We had to put him down. Tell him, Gordon!" "                                " "What he said!"

Edited by Lantern7