Type keyword(s) to search

SC NOLA in the Media: Reading the Times Picayune

• Start Topic

When I saw the group picture, I was hoping that the two single guys were a couple. Not that I feel the need for every demographic box to be checked on every show, but it would have been interesting. 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Toothbrush said:

When I saw the group picture, I was hoping that the two single guys were a couple. Not that I feel the need for every demographic box to be checked on every show, but it would have been interesting. 

Agreed!!! I'm really glad they finally got some African-American representation on this show((even if it is reading just like another take on "Married To Medicine" and *of course* it's going to be shown on Sunday nights)), but it would've been nice to see some openly gay locals featured, especially since New Orleans has such a vast and interesting GLTBQ community there.

The jury is out on this show for me so far...it looks better than the Savannah version((at least these people are far prettier, wittier and more accomplished)), but it also looks like the typical new generation of reality show participants/stock drama, with everyone all thirsting to create wild drunken scenes and perform clearly rehearsed/"witty" talking heads.

Lots of open shirts with these guys. I'm loving all the man-action but I can see that this show is clearly going for more of an eye-candy aspect for the female viewers. Although the former football player's weird hair hurts my soul((it is sweet that he and his wife appear to be crazy dog people though)).

Here's hoping they at least included a catchy theme song for the opening!

10 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Agreed!!! I'm really glad they finally got some African-American representation on this show((even if it is reading just like another take on "Married To Medicine" and *of course* it's going to be shown on Sunday nights)), but it would've been nice to see some openly gay locals featured, especially since New Orleans has such a vast and interesting GLTBQ community there.

The jury is out on this show for me so far...it looks better than the Savannah version((at least these people are far prettier, wittier and more accomplished)), but it also looks like the typical new generation of reality show participants/stock drama, with everyone all thirsting to create wild drunken scenes and perform clearly rehearsed/"witty" talking heads.

Lots of open shirts with these guys. I'm loving all the man-action but I can see that this show is clearly going for more of an eye-candy aspect for the female viewers. Although the former football player's weird hair hurts my soul((it is sweet that he and his wife appear to be crazy dog people though)).

Here's hoping they at least included a catchy theme song for the opening!

I have never watched SC and am only watching this one because I am from NOLA, so will not have other franchises to compare it to. And I agree that the thirstiness & fakeness will be out of control, but I guess the unreality of reality TV is today's reality..lol I miss the "good old days" of The Real World, Showbiz Moms & Dads, original recipe Toddlers & Tiaras, even the first season of the RHoOC, before they all bought into their press. 

I also agree about the LGBT community in NOLA. It is vast, vibrant, and diverse, and most of the city has a live & let live attitude, so including the community in the show would have made for a good storyline. And yes, definite eye candy!

• Love 2

Ugh, I’m already disappointed. From the moment the shit-or-get-off-the-pot guy gave that lame “New Orleans, baby!” to the chick whose family has been there since the 1700s (eye roll) to what looks to be the makings of a fight. 

I’m going to read the comments here when it premieres so I can decide whether it’s worth my time.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, link417 said:

Ugh, I’m already disappointed. From the moment the shit-or-get-off-the-pot guy gave that lame “New Orleans, baby!

Oh god YES---that cheesy moment is made of pure cringe-worthy awkwardness. Dial the thirst down there a bit, buddy; only Flavor Flav can get away with yelling stupid shit in his talking heads.

• Love 1

‘Southern Charm’ couple, Tamica Lee and Barry Smith, lift the veil on what it takes to have a “perfect” marriage

Full disclosure: I was born and raised in New Orleans. Anyone from New Orleans knows there's a maximum of 3 degrees of separation between everyone and everything, so it goes without saying I'm connected to a good bit of this cast in some way, shape or form. The sentiment of the folks back home after the first episode was not that great. It really went downhill when this article was published the next day. 

Tamica did make a futile attempt at responding to a commenter on Instagram by saying she was misquoted in this article. My immediate response was, "The whole damn article, though? Really?!" SMH

• Love 2
On 6/19/2018 at 10:42 PM, nb360 said:

Any word yet on whether or not this has been renewed?  Kinda surprised there was no reunion.

I hope it comes back.  I really enjoyed the cast.  Nice people on that show, and it was a nice change - not a lot of fighting....just some real fun and a few dabs of drama.

I would, however, hate to see reality TV blow it all up for them.

• Love 4

So, it looks like there WILL be a second season of Southern Charm New Orleans: https://realityblurb.com/2018/07/12/will-there-be-a-southern-charm-new-orleans-season-2-find-out-now/

BUT -- no word on when filming of the second season will begin or when it will air. I learned that this first season was actually filmed well over a year ago; one article said two years ago.

I hope they film during August -- that's when hurricane season is usually the roughest, and sad to say, that may make for interesting viewing.

• Love 2

I loved SCNO and am glad it will be coming back.

Even the food was interesting.  I just about packed up and moved to NO during the first season just to eat what they were eating. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, nb360 said:

Kelsey, please move on girl. A man doesn't need three years to figure out if he wants to be married to you or not. 

How old are they? Not in their 40s like Tamica and Barry. In their 30s? If they're in their 20s, I'm ok with the 3 years. Otherwise, yeah move on.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, talktoomuch said:

How old are they? Not in their 40s like Tamica and Barry. In their 30s? If they're in their 20s, I'm ok with the 3 years. Otherwise, yeah move on.

Justin graduated from college in 2004 so solidly mid thirties. 

• Love 1
On 4/19/2019 at 7:13 PM, NotChristine said:

Season 2 trailer

Jeff looks a better looking than last season.

Amen to that: his hair alone looks majorly better. Who knew a fresh divorce from Reagan would be such a good look on him? He seemed like such a kind and sweet man whom she didn’t appreciate at all; I think the idea of eventually being his caretaker was way too much for a self-centered princess like her to handle. Go figure that she’s already moving on to Husband/Mealticket #2.

Kelsey is kinda pathetic...a 30-something woman just waiting around on a goofy guy(who thinks he’s way hotter than he is) like Justin to propose while you live together in his parents’ house? Please. There are surely better options in The Big Easy; she must have horrible self-esteem.

Glad to see this show get another chance! Lord knows it’s way better than the abysmal Savannah tragedy was.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Mealticket #2.

From the information about him he doesn’t appear rich. 

Spoiler

I think the speed of the wedding was because she was pregnant with a girl. 

• Love 1

I saw that tweet last night after the show and Tamik's response to how being Team Reagan was working out was an emoticon slap on the forehead!

Team Reagan = Tamika

Team Jeff = Is pretty much everyone else.....

Reagan's twitter is kind of sad.  She's not getting a whole lot of feedback either way.  

• Love 2

I'm a little fangirly right now!

happy fangirl GIF by Jim Gaffigan

Someone on Twitter posted how much they liked the men of SCNO and I replied with : 100%! LOVE the men on this show.  And Rachel too!

AND JEFF CHARLESTON GAVE ME A LIKE! 

happy snoop dogg GIF by Cheezburger

I am so lame.....

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

I'm going completely mental.  Mr. Charleston liked another tweet.

pacing martin short GIF by Saturday Night Live

And....I must say.....SCNO twitter accounts are very nice and generally positive.  Jon Moody is hilarious.  Jeff live tweets as does Rachel (she has to move from the friend zone) and Tamika.

Reagan?  Ain't no sunshine, rainbows and lollipops over on her site.....she does a lot of explaining and "let me live my life".

• Love 5

Bravo needs a web series for Tom Sandoval (Vanderpump Rules) and Jon Moody. They are very similar guys. Although Moody is more talented. They are both very into clothes and style. They love helping their friends out. They both love cooking. I don't know what the show would be. It could be like Fashion Queens. It be just random advice from the two of them, but I think it could be very fun.

I also think Bravo or Andy needs to give Rachel a show or a Sirius show: Rachel Tells It Like It Is. It's like Fix My Life.

• Love 7

Interesting that production tried to bolster Reagan's story and profile at Jeff's expense. Massive fail. Hopefully Jeff will stop cooperating with being portrayed as a dimwitted alcoholic with a penchant for running off into the night like a lunatic.

I wonder if he's getting paid for all of the coaching jobs the article cites.

• Love 3