Type keyword(s) to search

Sabrina in the Media

• Start Topic

(edited)

Aww.

I'm still puzzled at why Ross had to dye his hair to brown, though, because I didn't think Harvey ever had a set hair color like Sabrina does. I've seen versions of him being both blond or brunette.  I guess they didn't want them to both be blonde? The blond hair does make him look preppy 1970's California so it probably wouldn't work for a guy who's supposed to be from a humble working class background.

I do like Ross and "dreamy high school boyfriend" is a role he can do in his sleep. We'll see if he can manage to generate chemistry with Sally Draper, who isn't really known for romantic pairings yet.

Maybe Sprinkle?

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, nosleepforme said:

I'm gonna give it a fair chance, but I think they could have easily renamed all the characters and made it its own thing.

But it's based on a comic book of the same name.

• Love 3
On 10/4/2018 at 11:06 AM, starri said:
On 10/4/2018 at 10:14 AM, nosleepforme said:

I'm gonna give it a fair chance, but I think they could have easily renamed all the characters and made it its own thing.

But it's based on a comic book of the same name.

Exactly --- The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. I'm not sure how closely they'll follow the published issues, but I really hope they do especially since the last one came out over a year ago ???

Edited by ursula
12 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

Apparently Netflix is being sued The Satanic Temple because one of the stages it used on the show is strikingly similar to the statute of Baphomet. 

I don't understand why they're suing. Wouldn't that be like the Catholic church suing every time a tv show or movie had a statue of Jesus or Mary?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I don't understand why they're suing. Wouldn't that be like the Catholic church suing every time a tv show or movie had a statue of Jesus or Mary?

No, not exactly. The Catholic Church didn't design a specific icon. There are many different versions of the cross and Jesus and Mary appearing throughout history.

The Satanic Temple, on the other hand, had that statue commissioned, and there are not many, many different versions of Baphomet out there (in statue form). The show CLEARLY based their statue on the one used by The Satanic Temple, probably assuming it was based on years and years of history. Not so much though.

5 hours ago, rainsmom said:

The Satanic Temple, on the other hand, had that statue commissioned, and there are not many, many different versions of Baphomet out there (in statue form). The show CLEARLY based their statue on the one used by The Satanic Temple, probably assuming it was based on years and years of history. Not so much though.

Yeah, but can their statue cry blood? Netflix can win easily because when they ask the Satanic Temple members to swear on a bible to tell the truth, everybody knows that is a lie and they just perjured themselves. (Do courts make Muslims swear on the Koran/Quran?)

42 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

Netflix can win easily because when they ask the Satanic Temple members to swear on a bible to tell the truth, everybody knows that is a lie and they just perjured themselves. 

Erm, what? You don't actually swear on a bible in court. To require someone to do that would violate the First Amendment.

Also, Satanism has nothing to do with worship as Christians do it. The Satanic Temple doesn't even believe in Satan. They're a political group that focuses primarily on separation of church and state.

36 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

If that's the case why do they care what a fictional tv show does? 

Because the depiction of Satanism is, at best, bad press for something that calls itself The Satanic Temple. The teeny boppers who watch this and begin chanting to Lord Satan will be doing so under posters of Baphemet. The Satanic Temple just doesn't need that association or that grief.

It's still just a show if some teeny boppers can undermine their message how strong is their message? Drawing attention to  it is what will make it worse. They are bringing it into the regular news when the show would mostly be on entertainment news.  Complaints from groups saying they are offended just makes more people interested in it. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

Maybe they want attention? I never ever heard or even imagine there is something called The Satanic Temple, and in last hour I spent google searching them out of curiosity and they are... somewhat interesting.  

• Love 1
On 11/2/2018 at 8:04 AM, rainsmom said:

No, not exactly. The Catholic Church didn't design a specific icon. There are many different versions of the cross and Jesus and Mary appearing throughout history.

If you look online, the depiction of Baphomet is actual fairly generic. There are a ton of drawings, paintings, smaller statues, and other artistic representations where Baphomet looks substantially similar to both statues. However, the Satanic Temple's statue is unique because it also features young children looking rapturously up to Baphomet. There's basically very little else out there that looks like that, so it does seem like the Satanic Temple's statue was the inspiration for the one in Sabrina.

There's no way that the Satanic Temple can prove any damages. They've only been around since 2012 and have maybe 100,000 members if I'm being truly generous. What they're really going for besides publicity is a Kendrick Lamar/Black Panther lawsuit and profit sharing.

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/kendrick-lamar-black-panther-lawsuit-1380226

• Love 1
On 11/2/2018 at 4:29 PM, rainsmom said:

Because the depiction of Satanism is, at best, bad press for something that calls itself The Satanic Temple. The teeny boppers who watch this and begin chanting to Lord Satan will be doing so under posters of Baphemet. The Satanic Temple just doesn't need that association or that grief.

I didn't associate them with the statue until they sued, pointing out that it is their statue. I doubt most people know that is their statue. I didn't even know they existed. Maybe they are just after publicity. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, rainsmom said:

I doubt they have to prove damages to stop them from using the statue again in season 2.

Yeah, but there are only so many remedies for copyright infringement: injunction, damages, or a percentage of future profits. Attorney's fees and court costs can be tacked on to any of these. A suit enjoining Netflix from using the statue in the future and asking for attorneys' fees and court costs functionally gets the Satanic Temple very little. They get a tiny bit of publicity where, honestly, the majority of people commenting on this story look upon it either derisively or with confusion and attorney's fees and court costs. That's just fucking stupid. It's a waste of time. That gets them nowhere.

They certainly can't prove any material damages because most people have NEVER heard of the Satanic Temple. They have minimal adherents. If you look at the Google Trends data, the Satanic Temple has no online interest except when they make some ruckus to attract attention. 

So in actuality their real purpose is probably publicity and the hopes to eke out some percentage of future profits. I don't think the statue is material enough to the success of "The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina" to ask for more than a nominal amount to license the statue.

• Love 2

Kiernan Shipka said in an interview that they're already filming S2.

We went straight into the second season from the first and it’s been really so exceptionally fun to film, especially given the fact that I feel like we’re already in such a rhythm from coming out of the first season that to jump right into the second one was really, really fun and just a great opportunity to keep the momentum going.

• Love 1

Apparently my opinions on The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina are not the same as everyone else, since I don't agree with either option in the very first question.  Although I am in the majority on the issue of resurrecting the dead.  Warning, spoilers.

Spoiler

Also, Mildred's death wasn't so much "scary" as "gross".  Is this a spoiler?  I honestly don't think I knew her name until Faustus said it when she dropped to the ground.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/shylawatson/are-your-chilling-adventures-of-sabrina-opinions-the-same

20 minutes ago, PumpkinLumpkin said:

When I was watching The Haunting of Hill House I kept saying this little girl looks like a younger version of Kiernan Shipka.

I kept saying the same. If they ever needed to do a young version of kid sister to a Kiernan Shipka character McKenna Grace is the only way to go! She's also an amazing young actress so yay!

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I kept saying the same. If they ever needed to do a young version of kid sister to a Kiernan Shipka character McKenna Grace is the only way to go! She's also an amazing young actress so yay!

I've been thinking this since I saw her on Fuller House a few years ago.