Type keyword(s) to search

Sabrina Speculation and Anticipation

• Start Topic

Lucy Davis, Mirando Otto, AND Michelle Gomez?  It's not even my birthday.

I'm sure they've got a big name cast as Sabrina's dad, and are just saving it as last minute appearance in the final episode.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, starri said:

I'm sure they've got a big name cast as Sabrina's dad, and are just saving it as last minute appearance in the final episode.

I'm honestly shocked that Sabrina's aunts aren't actresses barely in their 30's that were once hot young WB/CW starlets. I guess Netflix had different priorities.

• Love 5

I am here for this. Loved the MJH show as a kid but got into the Chilling Adventures comics when they started so I know what I'm in for. The comics are so bonkers and dark I'm really curious how much they can translate of that to the show. 

• Love 2
On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:39 AM, starri said:

Agreed.  I've greatly enjoyed the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina comics and was already looking forward o the show, especially when it was announced on Netflix.  That cast though has made me even more excited for this show.

• Love 3
On 2/24/2018 at 2:12 PM, WritinMan said:

I've been reading the comic and like it. Quite different from the Melissa Joan Hart series--which is a good thing. But we still get Salem the cat so it's all good.

Considering that my original intro to the characters was the Filmation series (!), I’m intrigued.  I’ve read part of the current comic the show is based on and I’m in.

On 3/6/2018 at 3:00 PM, Joe Hellandback said:

MUST have some cameos from the 90s series, at very least MJH 

That would be interesting!  Be even more fun if they all turn up in an alt universe !

Harvey has been cast:

Former Austin & Ally star Ross Lynch is set as the male lead opposite Kiernan Shipka in Netflix’s upcoming Sabrina the Teenage Witch series, from Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. TV....

Lynch will play Harvey Kinkle, Sabrina’s (Shipka) boyfriend. The prince charming of this dark fairy tale, Harvey is the son of a coal miner, a dreamboat and a dreamer, completely unaware of the dark forces conspiring to keep him and Sabrina apart.

About ten years ago now, Archie Comics had to make a choice between evolving or dying.  They still publish plenty of stuff in their old house style, but they took a big shift in the main Archie book, making it--while nowhere near what Riverdale is--a lot more contemporary, and had a few other books that have spun off from that.  There's also Archie Horror, which started with Afterlife with Archie, which is incredible (and I HATE zombie stories as a rule), continued with this version of Sabrina, and now also has one series where Juggie is a werewolf and another where Ronnie is a vampire.

For all the difficulties Marvel and DC have had adjusting to the 21st century, Archie Comics managed to basically nail it.

• Love 3
On 4/14/2018 at 8:38 PM, methodwriter85 said:

It's super-weird to see Ross Lynch without his trademark bleach blond hair. He is pretty much perfect though as the dreamy high school boyfriend.

Agree I like the dark hair on him he looks good still.

The trailers have looked good do this will be fun for the Halloween season.

I watched the original Sabrina for awhile but not the whole series. 

I can’t believe I just heard about this!  I used to read Archie Comics years (!) ago so they were pretty tame, but I’m totally up for trying out this darker version.  Also watched some episodes of the TV series from the 90s and am glad Salem is in this too, even if he won’t be a wisecracking animatronic cat. 

• Love 3

I don't know where to put this, because it's mostly general statement - but I LOVE Mrs. Wardwell as almost main villainess. 

Michelle Gomez is awesome in this role. She is like some combination of Cruella de Vil and Yzma. Sometimes scary and at the same time comedic. One of my fave character for sure. 

• Love 6