Type keyword(s) to search

For Peete's Sake - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I am learning so much about autism on this show. I think R.J. Is the sweetest kid ever. I love how he snuggles with his grandmother even though he's 18 now.

I do wonder if he'll ever be able to live completely independently.I think he's too sweet and naive and someone would take advantage of that. He wants to get a drivers license, I wonder if he can?

• Love 1

I just love Delores..she seems to have a very kind heart. I do think they were planning on her moving into the guest house as soon as they were planning the show

They probably hust made it seem sudden for the drama factor.

I love her voice! On a more shallow note,I love her skinny dreads..so much cuter than how Whoopi Goldberg wears hers. (I have no clue if they're real or a weave, but it looks beautiful on her.)

Seems like a sweet dad, and husband, who has really come around to accepting his son R.J.'s autism. He even holds group meetings for other dads struggling with all the challenges. Scares me that he might have brain damage from playing pro football..He needs to be around for his family.

(edited)

I'm not going to lie..I was very mad that they kicked Holly (And Leah Remini) suddenly off the talk of The Talk! I really liked them both on there. I made up my mind to try to follow Holly and and Leah on anything new they tried, to give them support.

To my surprise, I couldn't stand Leah's new reality show, and I LOVE Holly's! I hope it gets picked up for another season.

Edited by ChiCricket
Misspelling

Rodney helps with the kids while Holly is busy prepping for her annual HollyRod fundraiser; and, encouraged by Dolores, Ryan steels herself for her first audition with a big-shot music producer.

Holly wants to own a lifestyle brand; and also wants a "mom cave" to work in. Rodney, meanwhile, leads a support group for dads of kids with autism; and Ryan thinks a puppy could help RJ prepare for life after high school.

Holly pressures Rodney to get a head MRI; and Holly and Rodney aren't sure whether to let Robinson play football. In other events, Dolores wears out her welcome when she challenges Rodney's discipline style.

(edited)

Me! I really liked it too..that's why I requested this forum. Too bad more people haven't discovered it. (Maybe a lot of Cable packages don't include OWN?) I'm hoping against hope they renew it.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 1

I had requested a forum when it started, but I think I did it wrong.  Never followed up - my bad!  I really wanted to chat about it while it was on.  Hoping it gets renewed for season 2.

• Love 2
On 5/11/2016 at 2:00 PM, ChiCricket said:

I am learning so much about autism on this show. I think R.J. Is the sweetest kid ever. I love how he snuggles with his grandmother even though he's 18 now.

I do wonder if he'll ever be able to live completely independently.I think he's too sweet and naive and someone would take advantage of that. He wants to get a drivers license, I wonder if he can?

That's the thing I love  about this show. Holly and RJ are teaching so many about autism.  My 6 year old has autism and is verbally delayed.  Autism  looks so different on different children.  

It's such a great thing to see on TV.  I hope the show comes back. 

RJ brought me to tears so many times he makes me think of my own son and what will happen as he gets older. 

I agree I would be worried of someone taking advantage of him on his own.  

I thought when my son was diagnosed that was  hard.  Then finding therapist and schools ect.  And now as he grows it's  hard to think of having less  ability to control everything. Obviously I'm no where near teenage years but they're  coming.   That is scary.  Other children can be cruel when your "different"  my son is beautiful and smart and thriving. 

This show and RJ are  such gifts. 

• Love 1

I was wondering if she had a roommate too.

I started crying when I saw how sad her twin brother was. He really thinks they're going to get together on her days off. He has no idea how far away she is from California now.

I was with the  grandma with the "7 flights?! Oh hell no" 

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 2

Ok, I don't think I could let people put a person's ashes in MY back yard.

I think I saw The Poltergeist Movie at far too young of age, and it scared me to death. I'd be afraid my yard would be haunted afterward!

Holly enlists Rodney to help figure out a way to talk to  Ryan and the boys about sexual consent.

In an attempt to 'be normal', RJ posts inappropriate things to social media.

Edited by ChiCricket
Episode 12..not 13

One lesson I learned from this episode is when I hear people who say they told their loved ones they want to be cremated is to ALSO have a plan as to where to put their "ashes". I don't get what the deal was in all of Philly to spread ashes. They should have contacted the city or a funeral home to find out what the rules/regulations were, before they left, and then looked into places. Given that Philly is bounded by a river, rent a boat and ride out.

I know they said Philly meant a lot to their dad, but I really wonder how much did that change as he proceeded into adult life. I found an article that he passed in CA and I think most of his acting work was in NY. Not to be morbid, but I am surprised they didn't discuss details with the dad, as his illness was progressing. I'm glad they "found" a final spot, but the mom's hometown was a little weird to me.

• Love 1

I loved the whole episode. I felt really sorry for RJ. He lost his first and best friend. I can only imagine the bond those two have.

I loved the scene when they were packing the car for Philly/NJ. Holly comes out from the hotel with bags in hand and wearing house-shoes. now that is real.

• Love 1

Its nice to know the DMV can make accommodations for people. But to be honest, I would think a 100% oral multiple choice test would be harder. You have to listen to all of the choices, remember the choices and then pick. One can easily forget what the original question was.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

I felt sorry for the boys when they told them about homeschooling. The boys are social , which I admit, may be the problem as to why their studies are not what they should be. Robbie is at the tween social age, so that is normal. and it sounds like the youngest one, isn't too far behind by wanting to be with his friends. Guide them in controlling when/how to behave in school, before you jump ship and go towards homeschool.

And it sounds like they didn't go into the homeschool with too much of a plan. Yes, Holly's mom was a teacher (I'm trying to find out when/and of what), but she's not the type of grandma who wants to be doing school-activities most of the day. She's too active of a grandma. It also sounds like its been a while since she was in a classroom - most of us do forget US history and geometry, if we don't use it everyday.

But since it is only one year for Robinson, so he can play HS sports, which opens the door to NCAA or minor-leagues, I guess we will see what will happen..

Holly also needs to realize that out of the 3 children, one of them probably isn't going to be the academician as she was and now Ryan is. They both went to very selective, highly competitive colleges (Sarah Lawrence and NYU). Robinson focus looks like he is more into sports and will be looking for a college and HS that highlights that skill FIRST.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, sATL said:

Its nice to know the DMV can make accommodations for people. But to be honest, I would think a 100% oral multiple choice test would be harder. You have to listen to all of the choices, remember the choices and then pick. One can easily forget what the original question was.

True for most of us (me, for sure!!). But some people are oral learners, not visual, and they do better on oral tests. So that was a better testing mode for RJ.

Edited by Love2dance
  • Love 1

My son in law is extremely smart, but also very dyslexic.  He held off becoming a physician until he was forty because of it. They now have so many different ways to be tested (not sure how, but some was oral), that he did became a very good doctor a couple of years ago. So great that the newer tests helped RJ!

• Love 1

All- the Peetes have moved to the Hammark channel; Sundays 10 pm EST. The first episode aired Sun ,Feb 2/18/18 and will repeat this Friday.

Edited by sATL

Not gonna lie, the first 30 minutes or so were painfully de ja vu....  but I appreciated the last 25 minutes.  Gave us Ryan’s perspective which I enjoyed very much.  She is not only beautiful in the outside, but she seems very smart and self aware as well. 

• Love 2
On 2/20/2018 at 5:46 PM, sATL said:

All- the Peetes have moved to the Hammark channel; Sundays 10 pm EST. The first episode aired Sun ,Feb 2/18/18 and will repeat this Friday.

Sending a late reminder that the 2nd season started about a month ago. Hallmark channel. Monday. 10 pm est.