Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Underdogs

These were really good stories. Good actors all around. The middle narrator got sloppy for a minute but recovered. The scene with Ida and Henry Rogers really killed with her pretending to flirt while writing everything down. I've seen the actor in so many things, and her expressions really made the sketch. 

The last narrator was all over the place but at least gave them enough material. 

Tiny little Ross Perot killed. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 5
(edited)

Mr. Rogers story was great, I never tire of hearing it and Colin Hanks was perfect casting (and more interesting since we know his dad is going to play him too in a new movie!)

The last narrator was not very enjoyable to watch. Too much digressing.

Edited by niklj

Who is the second narrator?? Kind of have a tv crush on him right now for the way he called out his own misogyny (calling it a little article with finger quotes) and for the way he name dropped Exxon-Mobil and Texaco. I just really liked his self-awareness and I loved that it isn't a story I know.

• Love 1
On 3/1/2018 at 10:32 AM, justjen said:

Who is the second narrator?

Jon Gabrus. He has two different podcasts one witg Lauren Lapkus, Raised by Tv, where they discuss the tv shows they grew up on and High and Mighty where he interviews people on a lot of different topics.

• Love 1

Who was the third narrator? I love how she stopped and said "I didn't think I'd be this drunk at THIS POINT" like she'd totally planned her bit and it had just gone sideways. She wasn't my favourite narrator but she was good. And for some reason I got a little choked up when they all were moved by the memorial at the reveal. 

15 hours ago, mledawn said:

And for some reason I got a little choked up when they all were moved by the memorial at the reveal. 

Me too. But then, I weep openly whenever I see the memorial in person. It's really affecting, you guys.

On 3/1/2018 at 1:44 AM, niklj said:

Mr. Rogers story was great, I never tire of hearing it and Colin Hanks was perfect casting (and more interesting since we know his dad is going to play him too in a new movie!)

The last narrator was not very enjoyable to watch. Too much digressing.

Colin Hanks did a great job and I'm really glad.  Mr. Rogers was my biggest childhood icon and I would have been really pissed if they fucked it up.  He seemed so kind and really stayed in character, even when they had him curse.  Totally loved it.

Agree about the last narrator.  She was kind of annoying and distracting, however the subject matter was great.  

• Love 1