Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Oath

Who is the actress playing the Bachelorette and why do I know her? 

Quinn has ice running through her bloodstream.  

Update. Her name is Caitlin FitzGerald and she was on Masters of Sex. 

Edited by Mindthinkr

I would have liked it better if Rachel said no and we got a spin off show and followed her on her own journey. Or just have Season 2 be a figment of Rachel’s imagination. Instead Quinn is standing by the water throwing rocks at her. Let me get this straight when Quinn asks Rachel to come back to work she pretty easily says yes. Ok sure. Who wouldn’t run right back to a toxic environment. Please! How did Quinn even know where she was? So they go on hiatus for six months and come back like nothing ever happened. Sure.

During a Q&A that I attended the shows creators talked about having 3 strong female leads this season. My friend leaned over to me and said don’t you mean 4 strong female leads. Then I wanted to scream out what about Madison? Is she chop liver. Hopefully this season with her pig tail braids gone she’s able to spread her wings get more air time. She’s great. Let her sleep her way to the top and take out Quinn.

As for the Everlasting part of the show. It was not as good as the pilot episode but not as bad as the S2 premiere. There was a nice balance between Everlasting and the soap. My friend who does not post here said it was a very funny episode. She doesn’t remember it being this funny. It was definitely more funny then previous episodes. I loved the jokes they made about themselves and S2 as well as the Emmys. However those jokes won’t last the whole season. Don’t turn UnREAL into a parody of it’s self. I fear that if they want to kill someone every season and get away with it they could. There has to be consequence. I gut tells this season they won’t kill anyone and people will which they had because it’s boring.

The suitors needed more then just the one line intro they were given. I want to know about everyone. Not just one or two people. Serena is kind of boring and one demential. She’s bland. They should follow   every episode of UnREAL with an episode of Everlasting. The Jocky stuff was mean. 

If Quinn wants a baby so bad why can’t she Adopt one? It’s so obvious that she will sleep with one of the suitors because Chet is with a model. 

I liked the new Dr. Hopefully he gets more air time then the last Dr did. Please don’t waste his air time. He’ll probably get Rachel to reveal some stuff. I think she’ll eventually talk about that double murder and blame Jeremy. I wish she would revealed it in the season premiere and we could get rid of him. His character has run its course. I found it funny when the Dr. Simon heard all the stuff they do BTS and was kind of shocked.

To be honest As much as I am watching this show because of Shiri I don’t care who rapped Rachel. 

I think this season has potential as long as they don’t sped things up and jump off the rails again. I am not a fan of shows that try to rip stuff from the headlines. They tried it last year and failed miserably. Hopefully they learned from their mistakes. I know that #MeToo moment is probably coming. When it does the show will pat its self on the back and say we filmed that before the #MeToo hashtag was a thing. Their already doing that. I also feel the same way about Love triangles. Leaves those to real soaps and teenage dramas. More Everlasting and less soap and I’ll be a happy camper. Please don’t bring in characters just to use them as props. Let everyone breath and have a voice and contribute to the show.

My early prediction is that it season 3 will be better then S2 but not as good as S1. I know the ratings mean nothing when it comes to UnREAL and Lifetime but I am still curious. UnREAL is now a winter show premiering on a night that lots of other shows premiere or come back following the Olympics. It has lots of competition.

One last thing I know it won’t happen but after each episode of UnREAL they should air an episode of Everlasting. That would be so cool. Too bad this show is less about Everlasting and more about UnREAL. The 1st episode wasint but I am sure going forward that will change.

In closing despite all my complaining it was a good episode just not a total home run. At least in my opinion.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 3

Wow.  I simply cannot believe they brought this show back.  There was a double murder last time.  How the fuck do you unjump *that* shark?

I mean, there's been some fun stuff, and I like Shiri, but I thought last time they really wrote themselves into the point of no return.  When I saw the premiere ep on my nightly bored troll with the remote, I did a Tex Averyesque rubbing of my eyes.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, voiceover said:

Wow.  I simply cannot believe they brought this show back.  There was a double murder last time.  How the fuck do you unjump *that* shark?

I mean, there's been some fun stuff, and I like Shiri, but I thought last time they really wrote themselves into the point of no return.  When I saw the premiere ep on my nightly bored troll with the remote, I did a Tex Averyesque rubbing of my eyes.

The reason they brought it back is because it’s on Lifetime.  If this show was on any other network it would’ve been canceled.  Especially after a sophomore season that included a double murder miss handled black lives matter plot and poor  ratings/reviews. They’re still living in a fantasy world after winning a Peabody award. I still hear them talk about the show being critically acclaimed.  That only last so long. That’s like having a one hit wonder from the 80’s still think there relevant.   Nobody cares anymore.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 2

Wow this was a disappointment. The suitress(?) was so one-dimensional and she got played wayyy too easily. It would've been awesome if they finally met their match but she folded in the first 30 minutes. Why would a nice, attractive, not to mention rich genius have to go on a TV show to find a relationship? I don't even remember what the character's name is.

I'm sad.

Edited by niklj
Typo
  • Love 4

I thought there were some interesting realizations that there needs to be a course correction. But they still seem resistant to IMO the most necessary change - making Everlasting compelling again. It all seemed so lifeless, up to an including the buzzkill shrink. Now I know that was kind of the point with Serena, but still. 

And they seem to be doubling down on the car crash last season, which strikes me as insane.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, portfino said:

But they still seem resistant to IMO the most necessary change - making Everlasting compelling again. It all seemed so lifeless, up to an including the buzzkill shrink. Now I know that was kind of the point with Serena, but still. 

Couldn’t agree more. I remember Sarah Jessica Parker used to say of Sex and the City that the story ratio was it was half a show about Carrie and half a show about the four friends (which meant SJP figured into 100% of it!) I think they make a similar miscalculation here - half the show is Everlasting drama, half is the personal drama of its makers. I think the ratio in the first season tipped waaay more compellingly to making Everlasting the focal point.

I can already see they are up to their unfortunate old tricks of telling instead of showing and rushing developments. Rachel should have spent at least half if not all of the first episode in her farm setting. After Quinn made her pitch and left, there could have been at least one scene showing how bored Rachel was there, maybe manipulating other group members without realizing she was ‘producing’ them too. Instead she’s sucked back in before the title card! It makes it harder to accept she would bring her brutal honesty to work with her.

• Love 12

I've come to the realization that Everlasting is an after thought. Telling jokes is not addressing the mess that was S2. I would have liked it better if Rachel said no and we got a spin off just focusing on her new journey. I don't buy that Rachel said yes that easily. How did Quinn find Rachel anyway? The problem with this show is that they only have 10 episodes so they have to cram everything in.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 4

I watched, but did not love. I loved season 1 so much I thought I would die. I hated season 2 so much, ditto. I almost didn't come back for another gut punch but foolish hope triumphs over bitter experience. So far, it rings stale and unoriginal. Quinn, Chet, Rachel, even cement head Jeremy were compelling in season 1 because we didn't know what they were going to do. And here we are three seasons in and everyone is boring and predictable. Quinn is brash! She's driven! She takes no shit! Rachel is conflicted! But she's so great at her job! Chet is an epic sleaze! Jeremy is still in love with Rachel! (why? he publicly humiliated her and physically attacked her. she should have a restraining order!) We're supposed to be shocked by Madison's transformation, I guess? I'm calling it right now, the new shrink falls in love with Rachel.

The "suitress" is dull as dishwater. Any of the women on season 1 was savvier and more prepared to play the production than this lump of vanilla pudding. She's supposed to be smart and high powered? I don't know, guys. I'll give it another couple of episodes but I'm not sanguine.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I watched, but did not love. I loved season 1 so much I thought I would die. I hated season 2 so much, ditto. I almost didn't come back for another gut punch but foolish hope triumphs over bitter experience. So far, it rings stale and unoriginal. Quinn, Chet, Rachel, even cement head Jeremy were compelling in season 1 because we didn't know what they were going to do. And here we are three seasons in and everyone is boring and predictable. Quinn is brash! She's driven! She takes no shit! Rachel is conflicted! But she's so great at her job! Chet is an epic sleaze! Jeremy is still in love with Rachel! (why? he publicly humiliated her and physically attacked her. she should have a restraining order!) We're supposed to be shocked by Madison's transformation, I guess? I'm calling it right now, the new shrink falls in love with Rachel.

The "suitress" is dull as dishwater. Any of the women on season 1 was savvier and more prepared to play the production than this lump of vanilla pudding. She's supposed to be smart and high powered? I don't know, guys. I'll give it another couple of episodes but I'm not sanguine.

Great review. I could not have said it any better. However I am in for the long haul. As long as Shiri is on the show I have to keep watching. I would have liked it better if Rachel stayed on the goat farm and we got a spin off that followed Rachel on her own journey. What if the suitress was a Paris Hilton or Kim K type who thought every guy would want them because they're famous and had a lot of social media followers. Going on this show would help there brand. Only to find out guys don't like them because of that and it hurts there brand. Give them a reality check.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, earlbny said:

What if the suitress was a Paris Hilton or Kim K type who thought every guy would want them because they're famous and had a lot of social media followers. Going on this show would help there brand. Only to find out guys don't like them because of that and it hurts there brand. Give them a reality check.

That would have been a good premise. Or she could have developed a new show, or slant on Everlasting to spice it up in a good way. I guess her “lie calendar” went to hell. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, niklj said:

Wow this was a disappointment. The suitress(?) was so one-dimensional and she got played wayyy too easily. It would've been awesome if they finally met their match but she folded in the first 30 minutes. Why would a nice, attractive, not to mention rich genius have to go on a TV show to find a relationship? I don't even remember what the character's name is.

I'm sad.

I was on record as wanting football princess, Tiffany, from last season to come back as the suitress. She knew all about the process and concluded the season sleeping with Chet. It was a huge missed opportunity, especially if she had approached her filming as a way to promote her own brand, expand female viewership of professional football, and increase female purchasing of football merchandise. The latter two are actual real NFL concerns.

Serena is this weird mix of contradictions. She's supposed to be smart, successful, and savvy enough that we'd find her admirable, but insecure enough that she'd want to be on Everlasting and follow The Rules. That's the real problem. A truly smart savvy woman would NEVER show up on this show or look at the statistics of successful relationships that result from shows like Everlasting and think she's going to be one of the lucky ones. 

• Love 8

Tiffany would have been great. Successful woman like Serena go on shows like Shark Tank. She would probably higher a match maker.

As much as I don't care about Rachel's Rape story line I am still so curious to find out who it is. It better be worth it. The show is already patting themselves on the back for the #MeToo movement. We shot this show before there was a #MeToo. I can see Rachel sleeping with the shrink. I can also see her sleeping with the man bun guy.

S4 is an all star season yet all but maybe 2 of the contestants are new yet were supposed to remember them from previous seasons.

After the mess that was S2 I worote my own version of S2. I pretended like Darius was going to be the suitor and all the things that happened in S2 would really happen. Then I went gotcha and introduced Anna as the suitress. 

Edited by earlbny
24 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I would have loved to have seen Anna from season 1 as the suitress. Though of course Anna would never have gone for it, she'd had enough by the end of it all.

Anyone taking any bets on when they'll be rolling Adam out again?

The way I wrote it Anna would say no but Quinn and Rachel would tell her that because she knows the game thing would be different. Except Quinn and Rachel are good at their jobs. they have more experience then Anna. Anna thinks shes working the system when in fact the system is working her.

As much as I like Adam and think his chemistry with Rachel is electric I hope he does not come back. They were forced by the fans to bring him back last season and the writers let us down. They failed. He's useless now unless he comes back and runs away with Rachel which will not happen. If he did come back the show would be throwing in the towel. They would be desperate.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, earlbny said:

He's useless now unless he comes back and runs away with Rachel which will not happen. If he did come back the show would be throwing in the towel. They would be desperate.

Exactly my point. I'm so underwhelmed by the premier that I'm sure the writers will bring him back at some point, and the prospect fills me with dread. They had an opportunity for an Adam/Rachel storyline but in my opinion that was pretty firmly dynamited in season 1. MAYBE in season 2 if they didn't have everything in trousers falling in love with Rachel and throwing everything but the kitchen sink into every episode his return could have been a turning point. But it was  a throwaway and a waste of time that did nothing to advance the story or reveal anything new about any character. (I'm still mad about it, can you tell?).

When the jockey got out of the car and they all laughed I was thinking "OK, so he's this season's Faith, meant to be comic relief". So my fear is that every episode will be "oh, this is this season's Mary's breakdown" "oh, this is this season's Shya goes too far" and so on. If they can't think of anything new the season is done for before its begun.

• Love 3

Has it ever been established exactly what kind of network Everlasting airs on? When Chet and Quinn were leaving Gary's office I noticed a poster for a Jersey Shore-like show in the background (such an outdated reference!) as well as one for Everlasting. If Everlasting is an obvious Bachelor rip-off, you'd think it would air on a major general-interest network, but that kind of network wouldn't air a Jersey Shore type trash-fest. Is it then a Bravo-like network, or VH1-like? It seems odd to me that the folks of Everlasting don't seem to exist in the same universe as a franchise like The Real Housewives, or even a fake version of it, and you could argue that the Housewives franchise is as or more influential in terms of the current reality TV standard than The Bachelor/ette. Also, if Everlasting is not on a major network AND not part of a franchise it seems weird its producers continue to take it so seriously and believe it has the power to change minds of the viewing public. (It also seems strange for Quinn to believe Rachel is the only person who can do what she does, but that's sort of a different topic.)

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Exactly my point. I'm so underwhelmed by the premier that I'm sure the writers will bring him back at some point, and the prospect fills me with dread. They had an opportunity for an Adam/Rachel storyline but in my opinion that was pretty firmly dynamited in season 1. MAYBE in season 2 if they didn't have everything in trousers falling in love with Rachel and throwing everything but the kitchen sink into every episode his return could have been a turning point. But it was  a throwaway and a waste of time that did nothing to advance the story or reveal anything new about any character. (I'm still mad about it, can you tell?).

When the jockey got out of the car and they all laughed I was thinking "OK, so he's this season's Faith, meant to be comic relief". So my fear is that every episode will be "oh, this is this season's Mary's breakdown" "oh, this is this season's Shya goes too far" and so on. If they can't think of anything new the season is done for before its begun.

Well then in that case bring him back. Early reports said he was back in S3 but I don't think so. They thought he was in a hot tub scene but I could not find him when I looked at the pic in question. S4 is also in the can. ITA about the Jockey. This season they will make fun of past seasons just to show us they get it. They keep going around in circles. It's time for something new. After a wile Quinn's one lines get played out.Maybe this show was sadly a one hit wonder. It's so obvious that S4 will be at that Bachelor in paradise story. 

12 minutes ago, BingeyKohan said:

Has it ever been established exactly what kind of network Everlasting airs on? When Chet and Quinn were leaving Gary's office I noticed a poster for a Jersey Shore-like show in the background (such an outdated reference!) as well as one for Everlasting. If Everlasting is an obvious Bachelor rip-off, you'd think it would air on a major general-interest network, but that kind of network wouldn't air a Jersey Shore type trash-fest. Is it then a Bravo-like network, or VH1-like? It seems odd to me that the folks of Everlasting don't seem to exist in the same universe as a franchise like The Real Housewives, or even a fake version of it, and you could argue that the Housewives franchise is as or more influential in terms of the current reality TV standard than The Bachelor/ette. Also, if Everlasting is not on a major network AND not part of a franchise it seems weird its producers continue to take it so seriously and believe it has the power to change minds of the viewing public. (It also seems strange for Quinn to believe Rachel is the only person who can do what she does, but that's sort of a different topic.)

I don't think so but I cant remember. UnREAL thinks its on a major network and can change the world or get the conversation started. In order to do that you need viewers. That's something UnREAL lacks.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I agree, and I do not want cutesy meta jokes. I want good, edgy TV with great writing and solid characters. Like we had in season 1!

ITA 110% Until they fix things and give us good, edgy TV with great writing and solid characters there meta jokes are useless. They might work once but not every episode.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 2

it was....okay. I agree with most of you:: it's really fallen from season one. I was interested in them with a suitress (ugh i hate that term for some reason)  but i don't like her. The premise has already fallen flat and it's been one episode. I would have been much happier to pretend that that season totally didn't happen and then Britany from season one (the one Quinn wanted as the season bitch but Rachel had Adam cut her over Faith in the first episode) as the suitress. that would have been great, but I don't believe a woman like Stella would do a show like this. She's super rich, she could be on that elite tinder. 

not interested in quinn/chet, nor rachel. what I could be interested, even though I didn't like her last season was Madison.

also, i have a long lasting crush on a guy named Jasper, so whether i like it or not im rooting for this Jasper (who is definitely an upgrade with that accent, yes!) to win. The guys are cute enough, but im not sure i'll last my season  

1 hour ago, allonsyalice said:

not interested in quinn/chet, nor rachel. what I could be interested, even though I didn't like her last season was Madison.

I'd be interested in Madison, except its already been made clear that we're not going to see a shred of the old Madison, or any kind of evolution of the character. She's going to be a fully realized smart, ruthless schemer. She's going to be Eve to Rachel's Margo Channing. Yawn. Its been done. Where's pigtailed Madison who threw up the first time she had to really get her hands dirty and "produce" a character? Who flinched every time Quinn spoke to her? They should have brought in a new character instead of retooling Madison so that she's unrecognizable. And really, a new character or two would not be amiss. (I'm not counting the new shrink, who is clearly there to fall in love with Rachel and help her get her mojo back. She won't be able to resist getting under his skin, finding his weaknesses and using them against him. Yay! Rachel is back, y'all!)

• Love 1

Madison is suddenly Anne Hathaway from Devil Wears Prada, post makeover montage. I agree you need a fresh-faced, naive counterpoint to everyone else's ruthlessness, not more ruthlessness (hence she should have stayed in pigtails, or been replaced by another newbie P.A.). And unfortunately the actor who plays Jay seems to have a repertoire of 3 emotions/reactions - I don't think there's much more they can do with his character.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I agree, and I do not want cutesy meta jokes. I want good, edgy TV with great writing and solid characters. Like we had in season 1!

Reminds me of True Detective. Season 1 was amazing.  Season 2, well ...

For both shows, it was like they had a great concept and a great story with a fully fleshed out plot and characters.  They shoot it, show it, and everyone loves it so it gets renewed, and then it’s a mad dash to put something together for the next season, which ends up being a huge disappointment. 

• Love 3

I know we have to suspend our disbelief that Everlasting is such a huge, massive, cultural smash hit that it could never be cancelled...but my God how many people have to die on this show before it gets canned?! For the good of public safety at the very least, Just make a new stupid reality show for people to obsess over! Without such a high body count!

• Love 6

We've seen how venal the network exec—or whomever Christopher Cousins is playing—is, so I think he probably felt the first season suicide was great for ratings. He did warn Chet and Quinn that this season had to be an unequivocal success or they'd be done.

• Love 1

I want to see Jay get some action. Gay boys need love to. Show some edgy gay action. Let him get it on with a contestant. Madison is hot without her braids however we definitely don’t need another Rachel. I liked her better when she was throwing up. I am down if they want to bring in another PA. UnREAL needs more then 10 episodes per season or they just need to slow things down and tackle one topic. Stop trying to change the world and solve every problem all at once. Plus you don’t have enough viewers to make a big enough difference.  Your a small niche show on Lifetime. 

Has anyone seen the ratings for last night?  I tried looking for them but couldn’t seem to find them anywhere.  I only found ratings for network TV. Never mind I found them. https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/unreal-season-three-ratings/

Edited by earlbny
2 hours ago, earlbny said:

Has anyone seen the ratings for last night?  I tried looking for them but couldn’t seem to find them anywhere.  I only found ratings for network TV. Never mind I found them. https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/unreal-season-three-ratings/

Well those drops seem terrible even for a Lifetime show.  They probably should have kept it on during the summer which I preferred. 

At least they have season four done and time to do a series finale if Lifetime decides it'll be the last.  I'll stick with it for Shiri and Constance.  Monday and Tuesdays aren't usually busy tv nights for me anyway.

Edited by Stuffy
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Serena is this weird mix of contradictions. She's supposed to be smart, successful, and savvy enough that we'd find her admirable, but insecure enough that she'd want to be on Everlasting and follow The Rules. That's the real problem. A truly smart savvy woman would NEVER show up on this show or look at the statistics of successful relationships that result from shows like Everlasting and think she's going to be one of the lucky ones. 

I thought this show is very interesting.  A woman like Serena would NOT be on a show like this, because most people who go on shows like these are fame whores.  But this is only the first episode and we don't really know who Serena is.  I've learned that I can't judge a show/job/person, anything in fifteen minutes.  I can't judge a show by the first episode.  On The Alienist thread, people are shouting that the show is good now, and I'm like, "guys, you have to fucking wait, that's life.  It doesn't get you in the first fifteen minutes."

I thought Serena's conversation with Rachel was interesting.  The Rules, what bullshit.  We live in a dishonest society.  Women are made to feel that if they do this, and this, and this, they'll snare Mr. Right, Forever.  But the reality is, it's mainly a crapshoot.  There are smart, kind, funny women who either never meet Mr. Right, or meet him and then he leaves you twenty years later for a younger version of yourself.   I'd tell Serena not to compare her insides with her friend's outsides.  That half of her brunch friends are probably miserable, and by the time they're forty-five half of them will be divorced.  

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, Stuffy said:

Well those drops seem terrible even for a Lifetime show.  They probably should have kept it on during the summer which I preferred. 

At least they have season four done and time to do a series finale if Lifetime decides it'll be the last.  I'll stick with it for Shiri and Constance.  Monday and Tuesdays aren't usually busy tv nights for me anyway.

The problem UnREAL has is that nobody is home during the summer and during the winter there’s so much competition.  Outside of TV movies reruns and reality TV it’s the only scripted show on Lifetime. Plus it did win a peabody award.  I remember reading a while back that Sarah or he has the ending in mind and that comes in season five if it makes it that far.

Edited by earlbny
4 minutes ago, earlbny said:

The problem UnREAL has is that nobody is home during the summer

Nobody's home in the summer?  Most people today don't have enough money or vacation time to take off for the whole summer these days.

As I remember, the show "Beverly Hills 90210" became a hit because it aired in the summer of 1991.

The problem today is too many choices, TV, cable, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu; many people don't even watch TV live anymore.  I watch most shows on "on demand cable" or on the computer.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Nobody's home in the summer?  Most people today don't have enough money or vacation time to take off for the whole summer these days.

As I remember, the show "Beverly Hills 90210" became a hit because it aired in the summer of 1991.

The problem today is too many choices, TV, cable, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu; many people don't even watch TV live anymore.  I watch most shows on "on demand cable" or on the computer.

Don’t get me wrong I am always home. When you work all day the last thing I want to do is go out. I am also a big fan of the DVR. I am not a fan of commercials. Too many choices is definitely a big problem. If the show is good people will watch it. 

I almost didn't recognize Jeremy. For me personally his character has run its course. 

Serena does not put the fear in me. After watching her in the 1st episode I did not go oh wow Quinn and Rachel have there hands full. I never thought she's going to be tough to manipulate.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, nosleepforme said:

The problem with Madison is that most of her development happened off-screen. I think there is a good storyline in "innocent farm girl" turns into a "ruthless manipulator who uses her sexuality to climb up the ladder of success", but they never really showed that transformation and there was never any believable exploration of why Madison changed/chose to take that path.

It makes me sad that Madison is full on ruthless manipulator because I've always liked the idea of using Madison to see how Quinn became Quinn.

1 hour ago, nosleepforme said:

I think it would be fun if they had fake five minute-Everlasting web episodes to show what the actual show that Quinn and Rachel produce looks like.

I love this idea.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

It makes me sad that Madison is full on ruthless manipulator because I've always liked the idea of using Madison to see how Quinn became Quinn.

Honestly, I would rather watch a show about Madison going from sweet, naïve newbie to ruthless Quinn clone than watch Rachel's many issues. I know people love Rachel but I could really do without all her personal drama. I like her as Producer Rachel, but other than that I just don't care. I don't much care about any of the "production" characters personal lives. I prefer the making of the show side of the show. I was very disappointed when I found out this was just a typical nighttime soap/drama with a behind the scene's of a reality show setting rather than about the making of a reality show.  

• Love 7

So this is me replying from waaaaay the hell out in left field to say that I think that Serena is going to turn out to be at least bisexual but possibly full-on yet clueless lesbian. And I fully admit that as a lesbian I could be reading a lot into one scene, but when Serena and Rachel were having that heart-to-heart (Serena could have been drunk), and Rachel leans in and says something like "We'll find you that husband," then Serena leans in closer to her . . . and I'm suddenly "Woo! They're going to kiss!"

I'm now thinking that Serena will realize that she doesn't want a husband to match all of her friends' husbands - she wants a strong, beautiful woman like herself. Like Rachel. And what the hell will Quinn do with that ?!

• Love 4

My only 3 takeaways from this episode:

1. What happened to Shiri Appleby during the off-season?  She looks like crap.  She certainly doesn't look like a character that's been communing with nature for 6 months.  She looks like she's been living in a drug den for 6 months.

2. Of all the beautiful women in the world, that was the best they could find for their Bachelorette???  That actress is not attractive.

3. Jeremy got hot!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Token said:

1. What happened to Shiri Appleby during the off-season?  She looks like crap.  She certainly doesn't look like a character that's been communing with nature for 6 months.  She looks like she's been living in a drug den for 6 months.

I thought she had a baby towards the end of filming season 2, which caused them to delay season 3. Perhaps Shiri was trying to lose the baby weight.

1 hour ago, Token said:

2. Of all the beautiful women in the world, that was the best they could find for their Bachelorette???  That actress is not attractive.

Everyone has their types, but Caitlin Fitzgerald is perfectly lovely looking in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Token said:

3. Jeremy got hot!!

The actor has lost some weight, but Jeremy is still disgusting.

• Love 3
(edited)

Shiri has 2 kids.

Natalie Bouader Shook

Born: March 23, 2013 (age 4)

Owen Lee Shook

Born: December 17, 2015 (age 2)

When I met Shiri during the S2 press tour I thought she looked really skinny. She lost the baby fat really quick. I just met her again last week and she still looked really skinny. She’s very petite and works out. She also gets told all the time that she still looks like she’s in her early 20’s. Shiri died her hair blonde for S4. I am not a fan. I prefer her natural brunette look.  If memory serves season three got delayed so they can pair it up with a new original lifetime show.  However that show has yet to Premier.

I would love to see an episode of everlasting. That’s a great idea.  I vaguely remember somebody asking that question. It might have been me during the S1 perisope finale. In my head I can almost picture Sarah responding to the question. Unless I am making it up I kind of remember her response being something like but that’s not what our show is about. It’s really about Rachel and Quinn. 

The AV club review of Oath has me LOL when they described the contestants as the village people. 

I think Madison is really hot without her braids. However I prefer her when she had braids and would throw up.  We don’t need another Rachel on set.  They should’ve showed us for transformation rather than having it take place off camera.

I want to Jay get some action this season. Gay guys need love.  It would’ve been cool if he hooked up with Darius last season. That would have been a crazy career altering scandal. 

It would be cool to see Serena play for the other team or at least experiment.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 1

I just wish they had made the bachelorette be one of the women from the previous seasons. It would have made so much more sense and then would have immediately built connection so much easier with the season start. Anna would have been my first choice. 

• Love 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, slaterain said:

I just wish they had made the bachelorette be one of the women from the previous seasons. It would have made so much more sense and then would have immediately built connection so much easier with the season start. Anna would have been my first choice. 

I mentioned above that after the mess that was S2 I decided to wrote my own version of S2. I did it just for fun. In my version Anna was the one I went with because everyone knew her already. I think the shows creators jumped on the opportunity to use Caitlin because she was on Master of Sex which was on Showtime. They figured her name and pedigree might bring in more viewers.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 1

I was surprised they cut the jockey so quickly. I thought sure there'd be a buildup to a whodathunkit joke about how he was hung like a horse.

"Essentially honest." Apparently that's like "alternate facts."

This seasoner opener was okay to me. I didn't hate it.

• Love 1
On 2/28/2018 at 1:35 PM, nosleepforme said:

To be fair, they don't really write anything for Jay. He's mostly just there. He's seriously underdeveloped for a major character who has been there for three seasons now.

Jay had a great moment with Shia in season one, when he was essentially her prison guard. That scene where she was all tormented and wanted to spill her guts and he stopped her cold? I loved that. It showed us a side of Jay we hadn't seen--he's not just funny guy Jay, or get it done Jay, or easygoing Jay. He showed he's just as calculating and cold as the rest. I would have liked to have seen more of Jay's story, Jay's ambitions. They touched on it in season 2 but that season was such a kitchen sink hodgepodge of suck it got lost.

16 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I was surprised they cut the jockey so quickly. I thought sure there'd be a buildup to a whodathunkit joke about how he was hung like a horse.

Yes, I agree. They brought him on as comic relief but he ends up banging their bachelorette in the bathroom. He's got something going on. Why did they then throw him away? Seems so pointless.

• Love 5

That moment with Jay and Shia was great. They should of had Jay bang Darius last season. Talk about a huge scandal.  Its frustrating that Shia plays a role in a contestents death and gets fired yet Jeremy does far worse and gets to stick around.

A lot of the stuff they do on this show is pointless.

• Love 2