Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: Child of the Night

• Start Topic

I think I've said this before, but this veer to Donna/Noah feels very abrupt.  I mean, Noah was sleeping with Val and sniffing around Kelly - and is supposedly still torn up about Dead Beth - but now he wants Donna?  Uh, okay.  I'd always figured Tori insisted on being paired with the "new Dylan", but I guess she and Vincent Young were dating at the time as well?

I really hadn't remember David being so unlikeable during this era of the show, but wow, yeah, he needs to shut up forever.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I think I've said this before, but this veer to Donna/Noah feels very abrupt.  I mean, Noah was sleeping with Val and sniffing around Kelly - and is supposedly still torn up about Dead Beth - but now he wants Donna?  Uh, okay.  I'd always figured Tori insisted on being paired with the "new Dylan", but I guess she and Vincent Young were dating at the time as well?

Agree, though I can’t help but chuckle at the visual aids pic  considering how Val did Donna over Ray. And as a fellow older virginity loser I’m now kind of rooting for Donna to be “competition” for Val and Kelly. 

2 hours ago, MCMLXXVII said:

And as a fellow older virginity loser I’m now kind of rooting for Donna to be “competition” for Val and Kelly. 

We are now firmly in the era of SuperHot!SoTalented!Donna.  Buckle up.  I do enjoy that she hopped into bed fairly quickly with Noah.  

I'm having some trouble wrapping my head around the loan shark stuff.  Wouldn't he want some kind of collateral more than just breaking David's fingers? I mean, that's fun and all but it doesn't pay the bills.

Do Val and David get back together now? I get so confused.  

Hey Sarah and Tara, this was a really funny episode. Of the podcast I mean, not the TV show. Although the thought of Aaron Spelling executive producing a show where his daughter shows off her butt cheeks is funny, but not ha-ha funny.

So many issues with this episode, but my biggest one is how did they do this paternity test on a fetus? I’m pretty sure that’s not how it works. I would do a google search or something to back it up but I’m not going to let 90210 make me waste my internet time. SHUT UP, SHOW!

Sarah's instincts were correct re Steve being a great dad because (*spoiler alert*) in the last season he and Janet get married, have a baby, and he becomes a stay-at-home dad.  

18 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'd always figured Tori insisted on being paired with the "new Dylan", but I guess she and Vincent Young were dating at the time as well?

I'm fairly certain they were dating at the time.  

Donna has seen Pretty Woman 5000 times.  She mentions it in season one at the slumber party about having fantasies of running away to be rescued by Richard Gere.  Ugh.

• Love 1

My favorite part of the podcast was when David is telling Steve that since he's a "musician" they're (the loan sharks) nice enough to start by cutting off his fingers. WHAAAAAT? Please tell me which instrument David plays that doesn't require his fingers! LOL. And I know he doesn't really play instruments but David makes it sound like he does! He is a good dancer though, so maybe that's why the loan sharks are starting with his fingers.

Edited by TimeyWimey52

Sigh. Yes, Steve is adopted. But it seems Show has forgotten how that all happened. He is grateful for the decision his birth mother made? What about how Rush, his birth father, bought Steve the baby from his teenage mistress? These writers should have watched the show, or asked someone who may have seen the show. It's not like anyone new is watching.

• Love 2

My favorite part of the podcast was when David is telling Steve that since he's a "musician" they're (the loan sharks) nice enough to start by cutting off his fingers. WHAAAAAT? Please tell me which instrument David plays that doesn't require his fingers! LOL. And I know he doesn't really play instruments but David makes it sound like he does! He is a good dancer though, so maybe that's why the loan sharks are starting with his fingers.

They are saying the loan sharks presumably know that he is a piano player, so that is why they will take his fingers first, so he can't play the supposed piano. That line would be a lot more clear if David's piano-playing was not only trotted out sporadically. The last time we saw him play was back at the freshman carnival with Babyface, so I can see why it might be confusing to hear that David is a "musician". Do you think that's what Mel was referring to, with grad school? Like, David could go get a master's in music, in Los Angeles, even though he never practices and seems to have lost interest in it anyway? The title of this episode, more than any of the other episodes, should be "That's Not How Any of This Works."

• Love 1

NO, Dr Silver! Will the parents on this show ever stop bailing out their adult children? It's Parenting 101: If you don't let your children suffer the consequences of their awful decisions, they will never learn anything! He'll make sure David doesn't lose the club? WHY?! That's the best thing that could happen to him! (Given that Dr. Silver doesn't know about the loan shark, of course.) Steve fails at everything, so Rush gives him a newspaper? No. Make that shithead start in the mailroom. Jim, Cindy, and Iris have it right -- just stay as far away as possible from these terrible people.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, CurlyATX said:

Do Val and David get back together now? I get so confused.  

Yup.  If memory serves, they do the classic "Let's pretend to date to make the people we actually want to bone jealous, but then actually end up falling for each other" thing.

56 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Not just one, but he can play two - TWO - at the same time.

1 hour ago, ZeroDiscipline said:

They are saying the loan sharks presumably know that he is a piano player, so that is why they will take his fingers first, so he can't play the supposed piano. That line would be a lot more clear if David's piano-playing was not only trotted out sporadically. The last time we saw him play was back at the freshman carnival with Babyface, so I can see why it might be confusing to hear that David is a "musician". Do you think that's what Mel was referring to, with grad school? Like, David could go get a master's in music, in Los Angeles, even though he never practices and seems to have lost interest in it anyway? The title of this episode, more than any of the other episodes, should be "That's Not How Any of This Works."

Sigh. The world lost such a talent when David gave up his music career.

But that makes no sense since David's chance of paying the loan shark back would decrease if they took away the way he makes a living, no? I mean, none of it really matter because as y'all pointed out, we haven't seen him play anything in years. But if your main goal is to get your money back, you wouldn't want to start with the person's (perhaps imaginary) way of making a living, lol. 

43 minutes ago, TimeyWimey52 said:

But that makes no sense since David's chance of paying the loan shark back would decrease if they took away the way he makes a living, no? I mean, none of it really matter because as y'all pointed out, we haven't seen him play anything in years. But if your main goal is to get your money back, you wouldn't want to start with the person's (perhaps imaginary) way of making a living, lol. 

That's how loan sharking works, I guess. Punish them indefinitely. Just like how the bookies wanted to rough up Brandon when he didn't pay his gambling debt in high school. Nefarious bad men like to make a point, regardless of logic.  How do these kids keep ending up in this kind of severe trouble? I sense a lack of parenting skills in the 90210.

Sometimes I feel as if I must have lived my life wrong, because I never borrowed money from a loan shark, got hooked on drugs, was in a love triangle. Based on 90210, I've done it all so very very wrong. I've probably at least glared at someone. Yeah, I know I have.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Sometimes I feel as if I must have lived my life wrong, because I never borrowed money from a loan shark, got hooked on drugs, was in a love triangle. Based on 90210, I've done it all so very very wrong. I've probably at least glared at someone. Yeah, I know I have.

But have you brayed at someone?!

• Love 3

Not sure how giving Erica an alias in his story but not her pimp protects Erica at all, considering if he did read the article he’d probably be able to figure out who the article is about. Also he deserves all the bad press? Is he a studio exec in his off hours? Are housewives all over BH going to read the Beat and be like “oh no not Riggs!!!!”

• Love 4
On 2/20/2018 at 10:06 AM, BBHN said:

Not just one, but he can play two - TWO - at the same time.

4952831565_5e54627cda.jpg

Sigh. The world lost such a talent when David gave up his music career.

PowerfulLonelyKoodoo-max-1mb.gif

“Can I play the piano anymore?”

”Of course you can!”

”Well, I couldn’t before!”

• Love 4