Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Meeting Mariah's Girlfriend

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

All the places I've seen that say they're being cancelled are using that article from in touch as their reference point.  Unless it comes directly from a named source at TLC, Puddle Monkey Productions, or the Browns themselves, I won't give it any credence. 

True.  Every time they print something it never turns out to be true.  If it was, Robyn would have 13 kids by now.  And Kody would be a single man as all his wives would have left.  Or because he married 2 younger women.

• Love 10

I think Caleb was so emphatic about having a boy on camera because that segment was taped after the fact. He already had the boy. If anything, it would show his son how much he was wanted. But he better do one for the girl next-if they have one ;)

On February 19, 2018 at 8:38 AM, chuckity said:

Kody's generally a douche canoe but my take from both him and Meri and Janelle with "politics is dumb" and "I don't do politics" is that they were trying hard to remain politically neutral about a very divisive topic.

As for Caleb excitement over having a boy, I definitely cut him slack because at the point of filming and talking heads, he already knew he was having a boy so why fake it.

Ha! Should have read your post first before saying same thing! 

• Love 5
On February 19, 2018 at 10:20 AM, toodles said:

That therapy session.  Meri can say hurtful things and it's OK because that's just Meri and if you're hurt that's your problem?  I hate that.  That passive aggressive bullshit makes me crazy.  You don't get to be mean and not expect people to call you out for it. Meri crying because people are "misunderstanding" her meaning?  Cut the crap, Meri.  Mariah was pissed off about the catfishing crap?  Too bad.  If you had owned the consequences of your bad decisions, then the outcome may have been entirety different.  Can you tell it just pissed me right off?

If people are misunderstanding your meaning or intentions, that's on YOU, not them! Perhaps you should work on being a better communicator so that this chronic problem is fixed, and you don't keep making people hate you. Stupid Meri. Always everyone else's fault. She's really a lost cause. Never any growth in self awareness. She will continue to spiral into the isolation and lonliness of her own making.    

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 11
On February 19, 2018 at 1:14 PM, Brutus Buckeye said:

Heh, as the boards lone hetero-male I wouldn't expect my opinions to be shared wide-spread. 

I don't agree that our anti-polygamy laws are pro-woman.

It basically the govt declaring that adult women are too dumb to make their own decisions about how they want to build their own family. 

So from that vantage point I would have to agree with Mariah's friends. 

I don't agree that the anti-polygamy laws are so much as wanting to be involved in women's decisions, as much as wanting to control SOMEWHAT the ability of some jackass impregnating every moron he can get his duck into, then expecting me, the working cit'zin to pick up the tab on his brilliant offspring. Imagine the welfare run amok among legal polygamists??

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Imagine the welfare run amok among legal polygamists??

I really don't understand your statement.  What difference in welfare benefits would a married mom or dad get that an unmarried mom or dad already get under the discriminatory marriage laws we currently have?

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, kicotan said:

I really don't understand your statement.  What difference in welfare benefits would a married mom or dad get that an unmarried mom or dad already get under the discriminatory marriage laws we currently have?

When a woman claims to not know who the father is on the BC, the state can't go after the father for child support to offset welfare benefits. It's weldare fraud to claim not to know the father. 

• Love 7

Just got around to watching this episode.

Holy crap.  Meri in "Therapist" Nancy's office??  She looked awful!  First of all (and the shallower of my two points) - her makeup was caked on so thick and heavy and she was so shiny, it kind of icked me out.  I simply cannot imagine wearing that much heavy, orange foundation.  That and the dark layers of eyeshadow and black eyeliner...she looked like she was wearing a mask.

But more importantly, the tears.  THE TEARS.  This infuriates me, because the writing is all over the wall and the elephant in the room is enormous.  Why do Meri and Janelle not get along?  What is at the root of this?  Why does Janelle call Meri a bitch?  Why did Meri get so pissed that Janelle answered a question?  And then Meri starts crying, Janelle just sits there and looks on, and Nancy - therapist extraordinaire - gives them a couple of tools supposedly meant to help them get along during a weekend trip but once again skirts the underlying issue, which is the fact that these two have never gotten along nor liked each other from the get-go because there are deep-rooted family issues here that go back 25+ years.  It's maddening...although I'm sure there is some sort of agreement in place that the real root of their issues will never be discussed, it's just so annoying to see what ALMOST looks like it might be a real breakthrough, only to have it be yet another smokescreen.  Here's a band-aid for your massive emotional issues with each other.  Have a nice trip!  Tell me all about it when you get back!  That'll be $200!  Sheesh.

And Janelle?  You're going to bail on your pseudo-daughter if you and Meri can't figure something out in this particular therapy session?  Just shut up and have a seat.  You and Meri solve nothing going to see Nancy and everyone knows it.  So agreeing to accompany Mariah and then threatening to bail if you can't get along with Meri is a really crappy thing to say out loud, to a camera, while being filmed.  "I don't even care that I've dropped a few hundred on my plane ticket!  I don't care if I've booked the room!  Hmpf!  I don't even care that I already promised Mariah!  Wahhh I won't go if Meri looks at me wrong!"  I hope Mariah was sincerely pissed when she saw her sister-mom say this crap.

EDIT: I completely understand that no one in this fambly is ever going to really dill with their fillings.  I've been watching them since season 1.  It shouldn't get to me anymore, and yet - it does!

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 12
16 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Oh Lord...

Listening to Kody blathering on about how gays/lesbians have equal rights but polygamists don't is truly painful. "If you march for gay rights, you take away from polygamists!" Um, how? In what way? Why on earth is Kody yelling about polygamy just because Mariah wants company at the women's march, which has something-less-than-nothing to do with polygamy? Seriously, Kody, this isn't about polygamy. It just isn't. Kudos to Janelle for pointing out that women in polygamous communities don't have equal rights, but nothing was getting through to Neanderthal Kody. You're right, douchebag: gays and lesbians are now totes fine in this country and have nothing to complain about. Only polygamists are oppressed. 

I actually give Kody some credit for acknowledging he was being ridiculous. At the end of that scene at Meri's house he said something along the lines of what he was arguing was nonsensical and of course it made sense for Meri and Janelle to support Mariah.

3 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

If people are misunderstanding your meaning or intentions, that's on YOU, not them! Perhaps you should work on being a better communicator so that this chronic problem is fixed, and you don't keep making people hate you. Stupid Meri. Always everyone else's fault. She's really a lost cause. Never any growth in self awareness. She will continue to spiral into the isolation and lonliness of her own making.    

100% totally agree. Meri has strained/deteriorating relationships with every single important person in her life. 

Kody: they have both said they essentially interact as a divorced couple. 

Mariah: shut Meri out after the catfish thing. Their relationship is showing some sign of repair but it's interesting that Mariah doesn't give Meri a proactive heads up to happenings in her life (such as coming out; or her new girlfriend). Meri is grouped with all other parents. Think about Maddie sharing she was pregnant. She let her bio parents know first before telling the group. 

Robyn: initially a BFF sisterwife but they've all acknowledged that Robyn and Christine have bonded and Meri is distant with them.

Janelle: they've always hated each other and probably always will. 

All the other kids: mention that Meri is always on her phone, distant, not present. 

Meri is the common denominator in all these scenarios. You'd think that there'd be more self awareness on her end that her issue start with her. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

3 minutes ago, mamey2422 said:

I actually give Kody some credit for acknowledging he was being ridiculous. At the end of that scene at Meri's house he said something along the lines of what he was arguing was nonsensical and of course it made sense for Meri and Janelle to support Mariah.

100% totally agree. Meri has strained/deteriorating relationships with every single important person in her life. 

Kody: they have both said they essentially interact as a divorced couple. 

Mariah: shut Meri out after the catfish thing. Their relationship is showing some sign of repair but it's interesting that Mariah doesn't give Meri a proactive heads up to happenings in her life (such as coming out; or her new girlfriend). Meri is grouped with all other parents. Think about Maddie sharing she was pregnant. She let her bio parents know first before telling the group. 

Robyn: initially a BFF sisterwife but they've all acknowledged that Robyn and Christine have bonded and Meri is distant with them.

Janelle: they've always hated each other and probably always will. 

All the other kids: mention that Meri is always on her phone, distant, not present. 

Meri is the common denominator in all these scenarios. You'd think that there'd be more self awareness on her end that her issue start with her. 

Classic narcissist has skewed self-awareness: 

* Always right and if not, everyone is "against" her

* Doesn't get her way, everyone is "against" her

* Never sorry or admits guilt, it's someone else's fault

* Miserable unless people go out of their way to include her (but doesn't go out of her way to be included)

* Whole family distrusts her, but it's not her fault

Meri will never "get" it unless the family either ignores her or corners/confronts her. She thinks her relationships are being repaired, but the reality is they're not. You can tell Mariah is trying to include her mother, but doesn't completely have trust in her. Meri still says dumb shit to make things about her. Mariah is being a good kid for putting up with that crap because Meri is still very disingenuous. 

And there's no love in Kody's eyes for her. Yet she thinks everything is getting better. 

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

When a woman claims to not know who the father is on the BC, the state can't go after the father for child support to offset welfare benefits. It's weldare fraud to claim not to know the father. 

But if they are married, it doesn't matter if she claims she doesn't know the father because the husband would be on the hook for the repayment.

Your statement seems to support the idea that, for example, if Kody was legally married to the 4 women who have his children, he would be gone after for repayment of any benefits given. Under the current system, the 3 he isn't married to could dummy up and not state the father's name and Kody wouldn't be tapped for repayment.

Maybe I am not getting what you are saying and for that I apologize.

Edited by kicotan
Spelling
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Just got around to watching this episode.

Holy crap.  Meri in "Therapist" Nancy's office??  She looked awful!  First of all (and the shallower of my two points) - her makeup was caked on so thick and heavy and she was so shiny, it kind of icked me out.  I simply cannot imagine wearing that much heavy, orange foundation.  That and the dark layers of eyeshadow and black eyeliner...she looked like she was wearing a mask.

But more importantly, the tears.  THE TEARS.  This infuriates me, because the writing is all over the wall and the elephant in the room is enormous.  Why do Meri and Janelle not get along?  What is at the root of this?  Why does Janelle call Meri a bitch?  Why did Meri get so pissed that Janelle answered a question?  And then Meri starts crying, Janelle just sits there and looks on, and Nancy - therapist extraordinaire - gives them a couple of tools supposedly meant to help them get along during a weekend trip but once again skirts the underlying issue, which is the fact that these two have never gotten along nor liked each other from the get-go because there are deep-rooted family issues here that go back 25+ years.  It's maddening...although I'm sure there is some sort of agreement in place that the real root of their issues will never be discussed, it's just so annoying to see what ALMOST looks like it might be a real breakthrough, only to have it be yet another smokescreen.  Here's a band-aid for your massive emotional issues with each other.  Have a nice trip!  Tell me all about it when you get back!  That'll be $200!  Sheesh.

And Janelle?  You're going to bail on your pseudo-daughter if you and Meri can't figure something out in this particular therapy session?  Just shut up and have a seat.  You and Meri solve nothing going to see Nancy and everyone knows it.  So agreeing to accompany Mariah and then threatening to bail if you can't get along with Meri is a really crappy thing to say out loud, to a camera, while being filmed.  "I don't even care that I've dropped a few hundred on my plane ticket!  I don't care if I've booked the room!  Hmpf!  I don't even care that I already promised Mariah!  Wahhh I won't go if Meri looks at me wrong!"  I hope Mariah was sincerely pissed when she saw her sister-mom say this crap.

EDIT: I completely understand that no one in this fambly is ever going to really dill with their fillings.  I've been watching them since season 1.  It shouldn't get to me anymore, and yet - it does!

Their (all of the adults’) “therapy” sessions drive me nuts. Obviously TLC is not going to have access to the nitty gritty sessions. And no therapist worth their salt is going to allow actual therapy sessions be filmed for reality tv. So why show this ridiculousness. No one wants to see fake surfacy reenactments. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Meghzie said:

And no therapist worth their salt is going to allow actual therapy sessions be filmed for reality tv.

And Nancy (isn't that her name?) is definitely not worth her salt.  I don't, for a hot minute, believe she's for real.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

And Nancy (isn't that her name?) is definitely not worth her salt.  I don't, for a hot minute, believe she's for real.

Nancy will never really call them on their shit.  I don't think she ever has, on camera anyway.  

I took HS Psych, and 2 college Psych classes, and I think I'd be more effective than this so-called "expert."  

• Love 7
On 2/21/2018 at 3:18 PM, ghoulina said:

Don't forget that Jenelle's and Christine's kids would share meals together in the bottom part of that house, but Meri and Mariah would sit upstairs and eat alone. I think in some ways, some of them were closer, but there were definitely fissures that went back long before TLC came around. 

Let me preface this entire post by saying I am profoundly ashamed that I watch and remember this garbage! ;-)

I also remember this "meal situation" - I think it was in the very first episode of the show. It's dinnertime, Janelle has been at work all day, Christine has been caring for and homeschooling the younger children. Christine makes a large meal - one of her trademark meals like fish stick tacos, I think - and we get a shot of tons of people gathering around the dinner table at Christine's. Mariah wants to go eat with them and Meri says she that's fine, and Mariah heads down to Christine's to join everyone else.

Meri stays in her upstairs apt, cooking asparagus and fish or something to that effect, and eats alone.

Meri states (very SMUGLY, IMO) that it's nice that Christine does these large meals for everyone, but SHE likes to eat *wink* "healthy".

Remember that at this time, Meri was significantly slimmer than she is now, and also quite a bit slimmer than Christine or Janelle. While there is nothing wrong with wanting to eat healthy foods, especially healthier than the kind of things we've seen Christine make, in my opinion Meri stated this in a VERY passive aggressive way. She was not (again, just my opinion) simply stating why she was not eating down at Christine's....she was saying "I'm the thin one. I'm the prettiest one. I'm different than those other wives."

In essence, setting herself apart from the pack, as "better" than the rest of the pack.

I've had stomach problems where I had to watch what I ate carefully - once when my brother, niece, nephews, etc were in town, everyone was going to have a meal at our parents' house. They were getting pizza and fried chicken and I knew my stomach wouldn't handle it. I grabbed a salad from my own fridge, and went over there to eat with them and enjoy my family!

My point is, Meri could've made her healthier meal AND still eaten with the group. All she had to do was fix up her plate of the food she'd cooked, walk down a flight of stairs, and sit at the table where EVERYONE else in the family was eating, including her daughter. She chose instead to stay up in her apt and eat alone.

And that's just episode 1 - over the years she has done many more things to isolate herself from everyone else. Yet she seems to blame THEM that she isn't included, trusted, blah blah blah.

I'm just so over Meri and her martyrdom. 

Edited by Sasha888
  • Love 18

On the subject of eyebrows....and this goes for pretty much for all of the women in this family who are old enough to wear make-up, they're all pretty bad - 

Your eyebrows are supposed to look like you grew 'em, not like you drew 'em!

Put down the Sharpies and buy some quality brow products. And find someone to teach you how to use them. Please, ladies...do it for all of us whose eyes are burning after watching your show.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

On the subject of eyebrows....and this goes for pretty much for all of the women in this family who are old enough to wear make-up, they're all pretty bad - 

Put down the Sharpies and buy some quality brow products. And find someone to teach you how to use them. Please, ladies...do it for all of us whose eyes are burning after watching your show.

Perfect family bonding time for all of the moms and daughters! 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Sasha888 said:

I also remember this "meal situation" - I think it was in the very first episode of the show. It's dinnertime, Janelle has been at work all day, Christine has been caring for and homeschooling the younger children. Christine makes a large meal - one of her trademark meals like fish stick tacos, I think - and we get a shot of tons of people gathering around the dinner table at Christine's. Mariah wants to go eat with them and Meri says she that's fine, and Mariah heads down to Christine's to join everyone else.

Meri stays in her upstairs apt, cooking asparagus and fish or something to that effect, and eats alone.

That scene will live forever in SW infamy.  Meri dined on broiled chicken breast, wild rice and asparagus, while the others ate a meal loaded with fat, sodium, and artificial ingredients.  On TWOP, that scene garnered at least 10 pages.

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

That scene will live forever in SW infamy.  Meri dined on broiled chicken breast, wild rice and asparagus, while the others ate a meal loaded with fat, sodium, and artificial ingredients.  On TWOP, that scene garnered at least 10 pages.

Funny thing is, for all her "healthy eating", her figure is just as lumpy as her sister wives, who have had 5-6 kids each.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

Let me preface this entire post by saying I am profoundly ashamed that I watch and remember this garbage! ;-)

Meri states (very SMUGLY, IMO) that it's nice that Christine does these large meals for everyone, but SHE likes to eat *wink* "healthy".

Remember that at this time, Meri was significantly slimmer than she is now, and also quite a bit slimmer than Christine or Janelle. While there is nothing wrong with wanting to eat healthy foods, especially healthier than the kind of things we've seen Christine make, in my opinion Meri stated this in a VERY passive aggressive way. She was not (again, just my opinion) simply stating why she was not eating down at Christine's....she was saying "I'm the thin one. I'm the prettiest one. I'm different than those other wives."

In essence, setting herself apart from the pack, as "better" than the rest of the pack.

I've had stomach problems where I had to watch what I ate carefully - once when my brother, niece, nephews, etc were in town, everyone was going to have a meal at our parents' house. They were getting pizza and fried chicken and I knew my stomach wouldn't handle it. I grabbed a salad from my own fridge, and went over there to eat with them and enjoy my family!

My point is, Meri could've made her healthier meal AND still eaten with the group. All she had to do was fix up her plate of the food she'd cooked, walk down a flight of stairs, and sit at the table where EVERYONE else in the family was eating, including her daughter. She chose instead to stay up in her apt and eat alone.

And that's just episode 1 - over the years she has done many more things to isolate herself from everyone else. Yet she seems to blame THEM that she isn't included, trusted, blah blah blah.

I'm just so over Meri and her martyrdom. 

Amen to all that!  I remember it.  Straight up bitch is our Meri.  

I'm ashamed to remember it too, but it's the honest truth, something Meri never wants to admit or face.  She even ended up alienating her daughter.  Now, that should tell her that she is the problem.  Meri just doesn't comprehend that, and I believe she never will.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

Yep. Absolutely no reason she couldn't have eaten with the rest of the family. I have digestive issues occasionally too, and I've done the same thing, brought my own food over to someone's house. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

Yep. Absolutely no reason she couldn't have eaten with the rest of the family. I have digestive issues occasionally too, and I've done the same thing, brought my own food over to someone's house.

Exactly...and I hope everyone understands that I am not saying that wanting to eat healthy meals makes a person a snob or anything...I don't blame Meri for not wanting to eat fish sticks in a taco shell with a side of tater tots, I probably wouldn't either. But all she had to do was WALK DOWN THE STAIRS with her plate.

Now they each have a big house of their own, and TLC money coming in - but at that time I think it's important to remember that the money wasn't rolling in yet, and Meri was (most likely) getting an equal share of their limited resources, even though she had just herself and Mariah to feed (although in that instance she sent Mariah down to eat at Christine's). Christine likely could not AFFORD to make a meal like Meri's, as she was feeding everyone in the house except Meri. Which is not to say Christine couldn't have made some better nutritional choices...I'm sure she could have. But the cost of Meri's meal times 15 people was probably not something they could afford to do every day at that time.

• Love 10

Yes, thanks for posting the video DakotaJustice! Geez....she comes off even worse in that clip than I remembered. 

12 minutes ago, neh said:

Gosh, Meri was awful from the beginning.  She isolated herself from the beginning.

You'd think Meri would realize that constantly making "I'm better than you" types of remarks does NOT draw people to you, it pushes them away.

You'd think...but you'd be wrong. Meri clearly does NOT realize that.

20-some years of snide remarks adds up...I really can't blame the rest of them for shutting her out to some degree. I think were it not for the show, they'd have shut her out completely by now. When the show ends and the TLC trucks roll out of Vegas, I seriously doubt that Kody, Janelle, Christine, or Robyn will have anything to do with her.

The crap that's currently on the show, like Meri and Janelle going to "therapist" Nancy to work on their relationship, is just that - crap. Once the show's over, I think Janelle will happily drop Meri like a hot potato. I don't think either of them really intend to work on a relationship with each other - it's just another TLC bull crap story line.

I get the feeling TLC is building up to a "Kody & Meri go to see 'therapist' Nancy to work on their relationship" story line...in which case, I am going to barf. #1, no one should bother working on a relationship with Kody, you should only RUN AWAY AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN, and #2, there can be no mending of that relationship until Meri owns up to and apologizes for her actions, especially in the catfish scandal...something she will never, EVER do.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

Yes, thanks for posting the video DakotaJustice! Geez....she comes off even worse in that clip than I remembered. 

Yes, I have food allergies, so I often bring something for me to eat when going to other's houses.  Wow, Mari really does come across as isolating herself.  I also noticed that Christine talked about the food stash that when Janelle or Kody got a big check or commission they added to the food storage.  What about Mari???  She supposedly was working, because she stated once that she lost her job when she came out as a polygamist.  Didn't her check go into the 'family'fund?

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

I also noticed that Christine talked about the food stash that when Janelle or Kody got a big check or commission they added to the food storage.  What about Mari???  She supposedly was working, because she stated once that she lost her job when she came out as a polygamist.  Didn't her check go into the 'family'fund?

I'm going to assume that was a rhetorical question. ;-) 

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

Exactly...and I hope everyone understands that I am not saying that wanting to eat healthy meals makes a person a snob or anything...I don't blame Meri for not wanting to eat fish sticks in a taco shell with a side of tater tots, I probably wouldn't either. But all she had to do was WALK DOWN THE STAIRS with her plate.

Now they each have a big house of their own, and TLC money coming in - but at that time I think it's important to remember that the money wasn't rolling in yet, and Meri was (most likely) getting an equal share of their limited resources, even though she had just herself and Mariah to feed (although in that instance she sent Mariah down to eat at Christine's). Christine likely could not AFFORD to make a meal like Meri's, as she was feeding everyone in the house except Meri. Which is not to say Christine couldn't have made some better nutritional choices...I'm sure she could have. But the cost of Meri's meal times 15 people was probably not something they could afford to do every day at that time.

And I bet Meri never ONCE hosted one of her famous 'healthy meals' for the rest of the family, let alone pitched in on a regular rotation. She only has one kid when it comes to helping out regularly, but the ghosts of ten kids when it comes time to demand as big of a house as the other wives. And a wet bar.

12 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 7

I also recall a very smug Meri slipping in how hard it was to share a house with Janelle because she (Meri) 'likes nice things'. Lololololol! How very grand of her. That Meri, she really has such elegant, refined taste, don'tchaknow. Eye roll. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Yes, I have food allergies, so I often bring something for me to eat when going to other's houses.  Wow, Mari really does come across as isolating herself.  I also noticed that Christine talked about the food stash that when Janelle or Kody got a big check or commission they added to the food storage.  What about Mari???  She supposedly was working, because she stated once that she lost her job when she came out as a polygamist.  Didn't her check go into the 'family'fund?

I have my doubts about Meri's "lost job" story. Lehi isn't an especially big town, and years before the TLC show, the family had already done at least one public interview with the BBC.  Christine was volunteering/working with Principle Voices which is I believe a polygamy rights group.  The family was NOT in hiding. On the very first episode, Logan, Maddie, and Kody were discussing what the non-plyg kids called the Brown kids "plyglets" and so on. Everyone knew.

My opinion is that Meri's job involved "at risk kids" and the organization had to think of privacy issues for the children under their care along with the amount of time taken for filming etc which would make Meri unavailable at possibly critical times. So it was a choice she made - the show and the resulting publicity, or the job. Same with Kody.  He acted like an irresponsible ass a lot during the show, there was one time I recall where he came home early from work to attend a parent teacher conference that got cancelled so he decided to stay home the rest of the day and be lazy. I also think that his employer was aware of his lifestyle but maybe his clients weren't and again, he didn't come off well.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, neh said:

Thanks for the video.  Gosh, Meri was awful from the beginning.  She isolated herself from the beginning. Hey, do you think that she was cooking catfish!

You're welcome! 

I have to say though that Christine is so peppy and cute in this "the kids don't like fish tacos, but I crave them fortnightly, so we're having them!" 

But the lack of any color other than yellow of the food...corn as a vegetable? I'd have at least had some shredded green cabbage and pico de Gallo/salsa on the side. 

• Love 5
On 2/19/2018 at 6:14 AM, zenme said:

Meri and Janelle have always had very poor communication skills, and have major resentments stemming from that. It seems they just need to let all the past go and start fresh, implementing the new skills. TBH, I blame Meri. She sulks and stews. She is not easygoing at all. Her body language with Janelle at the march was that she'd rather Janelle had not been there at all, walking ahead of her instead of with her. No eye contact with her.

Just leave, Meri. Oh, yeah, I forgot. She needs the money. 

My friend is about to have a baby, and has agreed to a name she doesn't like because of her husband. If I were her I'd do as Maddie did. " I had a dream that the baby's name  is _______. He told me so."

Meri is the worst! I have no idea exactly what the problem is! She got mad because Janelle answered a question geared for her?? Really Meri?? This is why I can’t mess with her. It was an interview with multiple subjects AND we already have seen that Meri isn’t the best communicator so it’s possible that Janelle spoke up in anticipation of Meri not having her words/thoughts together. Plus, I would be worried that she doesn’t say some controversial shit or even that her face shows something other than what her mouth is. Meri uses ANY excuse to play victim and I hate it! I totally understood what janelle was saying. WHy is Janelle only targeted when the women are shown to talk over one another all the time. I wish they read out the text messages because I’m sure Meri was hella mean/judgemental/passive aggressive over something as minuscule as Janelle answering Meri’s question in an interview. 

UGH this whole episode is annoying to me and I haven’t even finished it. I just can’t with Meri!

Kody’s feeling towards the march was expected. His reasoning made 0 sense because you can fight for multiple causes. My affiliated with March of Dimes does not exclude my affiliation with BLM or any other organization/cause. You can care about more that one thing! Why is that such an alien concept?? Also, his statement about gays and women having rights that plural families do not is rooted in such ignorance. Just because you (the oppressed party) have rights, it does not mean that you are then treated equally and fairly by others. Woman and the LGBT community are constantly disenfranchised and get knocked down every day by bullshit ppl who believe they are less than. Kody could have and SHOULD have just kept his mouth shut.

• Love 15
46 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

You're welcome! 

I have to say though that Christine is so peppy and cute in this "the kids don't like fish tacos, but I crave them fortnightly, so we're having them!" 

But the lack of any color other than yellow of the food...corn as a vegetable? I'd have at least had some shredded green cabbage and pico de Gallo/salsa on the side. 

So funny. We have a picky niece who we joke about only eating 'white food'. Italian bread and butter, plain pasta with butter, milk to wash it down. Christine's dinner was the 'yellow dinner'. Fish sticks, tater tots, tortillas, corn. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, VedaPierce said:

I also recall a very smug Meri slipping in how hard it was to share a house with Janelle because she (Meri) 'likes nice things'. Lololololol! How very grand of her. That Meri, she really has such elegant, refined taste, don'tchaknow. Eye roll. 

The Hobby Lobby decor is a nice setting for her LLR wardrobe choices.

• Love 8

The majority of this family struggle with weight. Think of what a difference it would have made if Meri had actually cared about anyone by herself. They are all suppose to be “her” kids. If she had some of the older kids go upstairs and she taught them some healthy eating and cooking a couple of times a week, they would have bonded and been healthier. 

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, Meghzie said:

The majority of this family struggle with weight. Think of what a difference it would have made if Meri had actually cared about anyone by herself. They are all suppose to be “her” kids. If she had some of the older kids go upstairs and she taught them some healthy eating and cooking a couple of times a week, they would have bonded and been healthier. 

Personally I don't think that was a standard practice for her - eating healthy I mean. I really think she lost weight for the show and also to compete with Robyn who Kody was courting at the time. Yeah yeah I know the official story is that Meri encouraged it, I have a VERY hard time believing that. Unless of course it was to hurt Janelle and Christine. 

If eating healthy WAS her standard practice she wouldn't be like she is now.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Personally I don't think that was a standard practice for her - eating healthy I mean. I really think she lost weight for the show and also to compete with Robyn who Kody was courting at the time. Yeah yeah I know the official story is that Meri encouraged it, I have a VERY hard time believing that. Unless of course it was to hurt Janelle and Christine. 

It seems Meri has been eatin her fillins since Robyn came on the scene and she was no longer Boss Bitch.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

What about Mari???  She supposedly was working, because she stated once that she lost her job when she came out as a polygamist.  Didn't her check go into the 'family'fund?

The one time they talked about bills and such in the first season, Meri mentioned that she only worked part time and that she would pay "small bills" that came in.  Kody and Janelle obviously carried the bulk of all bills, I doubt that Meri covered much, or often.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

The Hobby Lobby decor is a nice setting for her LLR wardrobe choices.

Bahahaha!

But I have to admit, I have seen some cute things in Hobby Lobby. You do have to wade through a lot of kitsch, though. I've never bought anything there myself, but every time I see something cute and new at my sister's house, she says "Hobby Lobby!"

1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

I believe it because they were really close when Robyn first came on the scene. But soon, Meri's insecurity and passive-agressiveness took over.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

I find that interesting, and I can actually understand it to a certain extent. Everyone's definition of nice things is different, but I see Meri and Janelle as being similar to The Odd Couple's Felix and Oscar. Meri has one child and likes thing neat and orderly; Janelle has a house full of kids and is laid-back and casual. It's been said many times on the show that they are polar opposites.

My mother-in-law and her sister are like that. They both live alone, and my husband asked his aunt once why they don't live together and share expenses instead of both maintaining separate residences. She replied "I love my sister, but I could never live with her!" His aunt is very neat, and likes things clean and orderly, while my dear mother-in-law is much more lax. Just one example: she will leave dirty dishes and after-party clean up until the next day, whereas her sister is cleaning as she goes and the house will be put back together before bed that night. 

I'm more like Meri and my husband's aunt. My house would be much neater and less cluttered if I lived alone. But having my loved ones with me is worth the tradeoff, of course!

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

I completely agree, with your entire post. But especially this. Or....ya know....she could have offered to help make the meal and provide some healthier options for EVERYONE. But my anti-Meri bias tells me that she secretly enjoyed being the skinnier wife and was happy to let them stay down there, getting fat. 

16 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Funny thing is, for all her "healthy eating", her figure is just as lumpy as her sister wives, who have had 5-6 kids each.

She probably started stress eating once Robyn became so firmly cemented as the favorite. 

5 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

You're welcome! 

I noticed the same thing!!! Everything was shades of yellow/brown on that table. Yikes. But I'll admit, I do serve corn as a "veggie" on occasion. But generally I try to serve green veggies or do salads with dinner. 

2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

To your first statement - interesting. Do we have any pics of Meri prior to the show, but not too far back. If she really lost weight for TV, that's kind of sad. Especially since she didn't keep it off. 

Second - I do believe she encouraged Robyn joining, but her intentions were anything but pure. First of all, I think Meri loves to pretend like she's coming up things that she already knows Kody wants. She thinks it will score her some points with him. Like the adoption thing. But inside, it's killing her. Second, I DO think she liked the idea of a 4th in theory; she thought she could get someone her side and be more evenly matched against Jenelle and Christine. But I really don't think she ever thought that Robyn would replace her in the pecking order. Yes, Robyn was younger, thinner, and likely to have more kids. But the narcissism runs deep with Meri and I really do not think she thought she could be replaced. 

• Love 9
18 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I miss TWOP so much!  I can get to old recaps using "Brilliant But Cancelled" (thanks to a fellow Survivor fan who pointed me in the right direction), but does anyone know if Sister Wives can still be accessed through TWOP?  I can't find it archived anywhere.  It breaks my heart.

• Love 2

I'm going to throw a few things out there for the next episode - because even without seeing it, I'm pretty sure these things will need to be said:

1. FU Kody.

2. Shut up, Robyn.

3. Take it down a notch, Christine.

4. Wake up, Janelle!

5. Stop crying and whining, Meri.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Yeah yeah I know the official story is that Meri encouraged it, I have a VERY hard time believing that. Unless of course it was to hurt Janelle and Christine. 

This is ABSOLUTELY what I believe. She felt Janelle and Christine were "against her" (I mean come on, the whole world is) and bringing in Robyn was a big middle finger to Janelle and Christine. 

But Meri bet on the wrong horse - she didn't realize Robyn was going to go into stealth-bitch mode and manipulate her way up to HBIC, even going so far as to get the legal marriage thing taken away from Meri and given to her.

• Love 8

I still think adopting the kids was part of a ploy by Robyn to get legal wife status and attention. And I still think it was shitty considering they had an involved father they had a relationship with. 

Edited by Meghzie
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Meghzie said:

I still think adopting the kids was part of a ploy by Robyn to get legal wife status and attention. And I still think it was shitty considering they had an involved father they had a relationship with. 

Totally agree with you.

I've heard the whole thing was fake and Kody didn't really adopt them, blah blah blah...I've heard a bunch of shit and don't know what to believe. 

But, if he did adopt them, I totally agree with you...they have a father they have a relationship with. They were packed up to go for a visit with him as soon as the "adoption" was over. If he was that horrible, you wouldn't send them off to visit him.

Regardless of whether the adoption is real or fake, the real reason Robyn pulled this crap was to get that legal wife status, power, attention, etc. For people who claim that it's their spiritual marriages that matter, not the legal ones, they sure seem to care a lot about legal marriage.

I believe someone with sharp eyes previously noted on this board that Meri used to have her marriage certificate framed and displayed on the wall in her bedroom. Yeah, that legal marriage doesn't matter at all....<insert eye roll>.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

YES!  I find myself so focused on their brows I lose focus on whats happening.  I wrote awhile ago that you can buy those stencils.  The next day I needed new brow stuff and low and behold, it came with stencils!  They need to either do them right or not at all.  Muppet brows are only good on muppets.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Sandy W said:

It seems Meri has been eatin her fillins since Robyn came on the scene and she was no longer Boss Bitch.

Her weight ballooned, her face became a weird color, her brows have rebelled, and her hair got funky.  Yeah, polygamy is the bestest.  

7 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Bahahaha!

But I have to admit, I have seen some cute things in Hobby Lobby. You do have to wade through a lot of kitsch, though. I've never bought anything there myself, but every time I see something cute and new at my sister's house, she says "Hobby Lobby!"

I believe it because they were really close when Robyn first came on the scene. But soon, Meri's insecurity and passive-agressiveness took over.

I think it was more of a hold your friends close and your enemies closer.  Plus if she was nice to Sobbin it meant a few bones from Kody (literal or figurative).

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Sasha888 said:

Totally agree with you.

I've heard the whole thing was fake and Kody didn't really adopt them, blah blah blah...I've heard a bunch of shit and don't know what to believe. 

But, if he did adopt them, I totally agree with you...they have a father they have a relationship with. They were packed up to go for a visit with him as soon as the "adoption" was over. If he was that horrible, you wouldn't send them off to visit him.

Regardless of whether the adoption is real or fake, the real reason Robyn pulled this crap was to get that legal wife status, power, attention, etc. For people who claim that it's their spiritual marriages that matter, not the legal ones, they sure seem to care a lot about legal marriage.

I believe someone with sharp eyes previously noted on this board that Meri used to have her marriage certificate framed and displayed on the wall in her bedroom. Yeah, that legal marriage doesn't matter at all....<insert eye roll>.

I've never heard it was fake, but if so, then that's just messed up, lol. I would really feel played.

However, if it wasn't fake, then I really can't have any sympathy for the father. If he signed away his rights to the kids, that says something about him. People can talk about payoffs, coercion, whatever - a loving father who truly cared would never sign away his parental rights. 

Also, whatever the reasons for Meri and Kody divorcing and Robyn and Kody marrying, all parties agreed to it. I still can't help but believe it was Meri's idea, and not just for the kids - I think she wanted to make a possible escape easier. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

Also, whatever the reasons for Meri and Kody divorcing and Robyn and Kody marrying, all parties agreed to it. I still can't help but believe it was Meri's idea, and not just for the kids - I think she wanted to make a possible escape easier. 

I think that's a possibility, too. There's actually a lot of possibilities - it was Robyn's doing, as a power move - it was just something Kody wanted, because he's gaga over Robyn (barf) - it was Meri's idea to make an escape at a later date easier - and I don't think we'll EVER know the truth, because these people have only a passing acquaintance with the truth.

Assuming for a moment that it was Meri's idea, because she plans on ditching them all at some point - if she has any equity in that house, she made a HUGE mistake by not getting Kody's name off the house during the divorce. If she doesn't have any equity in the house (due to an interest only loan, or has borrowed against the house, or is in some other way upside down on the loan) then I guess who cares if Kody's name is on the house.

Speaking of houses - I read that they sold the Lehi house as a "short sale" (which was a term I had to look up, and from what I could make of it, it means you are accepting an offer from the buyer that is less than what you owe against the house...not surprised this bunch had themselves in that situation).

If so, I think the "short sale" was pretty "short sighted"! I think they should've held onto the Lehi house at any cost, because it seems pretty clear to me that once the show ends, they are going to lose those McMansions, and Meri is going to drop them all and move into her B&B. Once the TLC money is gone, Kody, Janelle, Christine, and Robyn will lose their houses, and if they'd kept the Lehi house, could've moved back in there. It's already set up for 3 wives, and I really think when the show is over, that's how many wives Kody will be left with - Meri's going to take off so fast she's going to leave scorch marks on the carpets.

• Love 9