Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Meeting Mariah's Girlfriend

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Oh, now I didn't think of that...dear Robyn has dark hair!

Speaking of Robyn's hair...on a totally shallow note (because I just feel like being snarky today) her hair seemed a bit shorter and I thought it made her already very square head look even worse. Go back to the longer hair, Robyn! And put on some lipstick or something, sheesh she looks washed out. Lately she's been looking about 10 years older than she really is, IMO.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Just read through my posts and it wasn't me.

Yeah, don't think the State of Utah would go through a long, drawn out court case just to target the Brown Family now. The State had a chance to arrest them while they lived in Utah and didn't.

Anyways, done with this talk until next week's show!

Fair enough. 

My apologies if I mixed you up with another. 

• Love 1

So Janelle voiced that polygamist families have more cars. What? Why?  Does Kody have to have a different car for each wife?  Wouldn't it be the usual five adults means five or so cars?  I know they have a couple of passenger vans, but it seems like that is only a couple of extra cars. It seems the average family has a car for each adult, maybe an extra SUV or camper, a car for teen drivers. So what does polygamy have to do with by definition having more cars?

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, Brutus Buckeye said:

The only reason they don't enforce the law now is because it is obviously unconstitutional. 

I have an idea. How about Kody and a couple of his wives move back to Utah and see if they are prosecuted for merely cohabitating as plural spouses. Test the state to see if they honor their pledge to not prosecute people for merely cohabitating without evidence of another crime. If arrested, they can fight the law as being unconstitutional and put a stop to it. Quit whining about being persecuted and prove the threat is real and do something real to fight it.

I know, I know ... nobody wants to risk going to jail. But I think more than Kody fears jail, he fears proving that this big scary threat is a figment of his imagination which would spell the end of his martyrdom. 

7 minutes ago, Brutus Buckeye said:

If Utah didn't intend to charge the Browns with Cohabitation when/if they return to the State, then they would have accepted Judge Waddoups' ruling that the State's cohabitation laws are unconstitutional. 

You're making it sound like this law was specifically drafted to the snare the Brown family. I think that's a stretch.

16 minutes ago, Brutus Buckeye said:

It's not enough for Utah that Polygamy is illegal, they have their own unique law that says that they can't even "purport" to be married for religious purposes. Up-thread you claimed Utah didn't have any anti-polygamy laws that aren't laws across the Nation. Well yes they do, and this is it. The "purporting" clause. No other state has a law against dressing up for a legally fictitious wedding, and playing house. Utah does. Other states have laws against bigamy. Utah is the only state that has laws against cohabitation. They altered the law to say that cohabitation is only illegal if you "purport" to be married for "religious purposes."

In short. It is a law specifically designed to attack the free speech of an unpopular religious group. Is there any part of the first amendment that this doesn't violate?

What statute are you quoting exactly? I did a brief little search (which is not easy to do on a Kindle by the way - I might have missed it ) but I can't find anything in the Utah bigamy law that mentions purporting to be married for religious purposes. 

All I can find is a general law that says you cannot knowingly purport to be married to someone who is already married. Standard stuff. 

• Love 10

Meri's eyebrows looked better last night, but, her hair.....omg.  Those ladies could use a makeover.  New hairstyles, makeup, clothes, etc.  I think they try, but, it just isn't working anymore. Janelle's solid top would have hidden more if it had designs.  That solid color was quite revealing.  

I researched a little about Caleb's condition.  OMG.  It is very serious and WHY for a young man?  Does he smoke?  Trying to figure out what high risk factors he has. 

TLC messed up last night.  That episode would have been much more entertaining if the ladies had ran into Kaitlyn Jenner at the March!  Oh, she was E, not TLC, right?  Oh well....

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

Speaking of Robyn's hair...on a totally shallow note (because I just feel like being snarky today) her hair seemed a bit shorter and I thought it made her already very square head look even worse. Go back to the longer hair, Robyn! And put on some lipstick or something, sheesh she looks washed out. Lately she's been looking about 10 years older than she really is, IMO.

The polygamist lifestyle they try to espouse does not work in dear Robyn's favor.  I have heard her referred to Sponge Robyn Square Head in other forums.

She looks old and frumpy.  My daughter, who is close to her age, doesn't look nearly that old.  And, what is with her nanny niece (by marriage, I think?) Mindy's forehead furrows?  Does everyone choose her as a bridesmaid to try to get some guy interested in her?  

• Love 6
4 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

The camera pans down to some truly ugly leggings Meri is wearing. 

This was my favorite part of the episode!

With a lot of people online making fun of the clothing line Meri is currently shilling, I found it very interesting that the production team made it a point to highlight her leggings. I agree, they were ugly. So is most of the other crap in that clothing line. I'm so sick of seeing Meri wearing her giant t-shirt dresses tied up in knots. Because everyone looks so great with a big knot on their hip or thigh, right? ;-)

I prefer my clothing to have some shape of its own - if I have to tie it in knots, scrunch it up with a rubber band, belt it, blah blah blah in order for it to not look like a sloppy nightgown, then I'm not going to buy it.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

I noticed that Janelle said Meri TEXTED her all this stuff when she got angry with Janelle...not talked to her, texted her. So that way, it's a one way conversation - Meri gets to vent how she feels, and knows Janelle probably won't text her back and stand up for herself. If Meri really wanted to work out problems, she could walk her butt over to Janelle's house and DISCUSS it with her - but Meri doesn't want that. She wants to say what SHE wants, and does not want any reply (unless it's a groveling apology). 

Janelle answered a question that Meri thought was directed at her, and Meri acted like it was the end of the world, because it was JANELLE - if Christine or Robyn had done it, she wouldn't have cared. She all but admitted that when Janelle mentioned it, and it sounds like they texted back and forth and Meri was pissed she didn't get an apology, when Janelle didn't even realize she did anything "wrong". Nobody wants to have to tiptoe around someone and worry that every move they make is going to be perceived as a slap in the face. 

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, Roslyn said:

The insurance issue in the US is  one giant clusterF**K. Disability is something completely different from health insurance, and as it is with many things it is different from state to state.  My husband's insurance through his work has skyrocketed in price.  The local doctors and hospitals charge a higher price to insurance carriers and then the insurance denies the claim, so you end up paying a higher price than if you just paid cash up front (if you could even afford to pay cash up front).  He now pays almost three times as much in premiums and the deductible went from $1000 a year to $5000 a year.  So we have to pay the premiums, be taxed on the companies contributions as if it is income received and then need to pay $5000 (this is per person in the family...not a collective amount) in medical bills before the insurance company will pay out a dime.  Lots of money goes to the insurance company and for years not one penny of health CARE has been covered.

I wish I could up-vote you a thousand times about this.  

• Love 8

Meri and Janelle seemed to get along fine on the trip.  My guess is that if they would both let go of the old wrongs, the fighting would soon end.  They will never be best friends, but they might even start to like one another a bit.  (Their fights are NOTHING in comparison to what is happening between some of the spouses on Seeking Sister Wife.)

Points to Meri for essentially telling Kody she did give a darn what he said about going to DC she was going to support her daughter.

As for Caleb, at least he had the self-awareness to realize that moving in with his mother-in-law was not necessarily the most adult move.  I think he was joking to cover his embarrassment.  I hope his health improves, and he is able to find his feet financially again.  His comments about wanting a boy were not particularly offensive to me.  By the time he made them, he already knew he was having a boy.  (My own Dad as the father of only daughters has frequently said he always wanted girls.)  If they have a little girl at some point, I have no doubt he'll dote on her and likely take her hunting.

• Love 9
46 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

The polygamist lifestyle they try to espouse does not work in dear Robyn's favor.  I have heard her referred to Sponge Robyn Square Head in other forums.

She looks old and frumpy.  My daughter, who is close to her age, doesn't look nearly that old.

“Sponge Robyn Square Head” nearly made me spit red wine onto my phone, so thanks for that!  Best laugh I’ve had in a while!

I’m in my 40s and I don’t look as old as Robyn.  She looks exhausted.  She needs a spa vacation. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Chicklet said:

PE's aren't really a complication of the flu. Sinus infections, ear infections are the most common complications other then, well death this year (usually from respiratory failure and or sepsis.)

could a PE result from immobility from being knocked out with the flu?  

4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Janelle has been portrayed as having dumped Meri's brother to pursue Kody but we have never learned why Janelle left her marriage.  It's possible that the marriage was to all intents and purposes over and Janelle coming into contact with Kody gave her the impetus to make the move.  For all we know, it may have been Meri's brother that made the marriage intolerable for Janelle.  

If Meri's brother is anything like Meri, well then I could see how difficult it would be to have him as a partner.

• Love 10

Folks,

Please do not discuss Mod actions in the forum.  If you have a question for the Mod, please reach out to them directly.  If you have had a post removed, you may be contacted as to why this was done.  However, if it was talking about Mod actions or the fact that you had one removed or, better yet, saying, "Hey my post that said <this thing> was removed", well, that was removed for talking about Mod actions. 

If you have an issue with a post, please report, don't engage.  The Mods will review it.  If you just don't enjoy someone's posts, why not use the handy ignore feature?  It can lead to an improved forum experience. 

Let's get back to the show, stay away from personal politics, and post away!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, mrs ra said:

So Janelle voiced that polygamist families have more cars. What? Why?  Does Kody have to have a different car for each wife?  Wouldn't it be the usual five adults means five or so cars?  I know they have a couple of passenger vans, but it seems like that is only a couple of extra cars. It seems the average family has a car for each adult, maybe an extra SUV or camper, a car for teen drivers. So what does polygamy have to do with by definition having more cars?

Maybe because they will have more driving teenagers too than the average family.  

1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

But I think more than Kody fears jail, he fears proving that this big scary threat is a figment of his imagination which would spell the end of his martyrdom. 

this!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I have an idea. How about Kody and a couple of his wives move back to Utah and see if they are prosecuted for merely cohabitating as plural spouses. Test the state to see if they honor their pledge to not prosecute people for merely cohabitating without evidence of another crime. If arrested, they can fight the law as being unconstitutional and put a stop to it. Quit whining about being persecuted and prove the threat is real and do something real to fight it.

I know, I know ... nobody wants to risk going to jail. But I think more than Kody fears jail, he fears proving that this big scary threat is a figment of his imagination which would spell the end of his martyrdom. 

You're making it sound like this law was specifically drafted to the snare the Brown family. I think that's a stretch.

What statute are you quoting exactly? I did a brief little search (which is not easy to do on a Kindle by the way - I might have missed it ) but I can't find anything in the Utah bigamy law that mentions purporting to be married for religious purposes. 

All I can find is a general law that says you cannot knowingly purport to be married to someone who is already married. Standard stuff. 

Yeah, move to a state and play Russian Roulette with their courts, trying to get charged with a felony. 

That sounds like EXTRA fun. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:
1 hour ago, Brutus Buckeye said:

If Utah didn't intend to charge the Browns with Cohabitation when/if they return to the State, then they would have accepted Judge Waddoups' ruling that the State's cohabitation laws are unconstitutional. 

Yeah, don't think the State of Utah would go through a long, drawn out court case just to target the Brown Family now. The State had a chance to arrest them while they lived in Utah and didn't.

I've always equated it with some of the truly quirky laws on the books all over the US. I know that here in my hometown, technically, women are forbidden to wear high heels downtown. Or in several cities, more than four non-related females living together constitutes a whorehouse and prevented a lot of sororities from establishing houses. Or selecting one from Utah, it is illegal to not drink milk (I'd be in so much trouble.). Yet these are regularly ignored. I know I'm downtown on a regular basis in court and the judges don't flinch at our heels.

10 minutes ago, Brutus Buckeye said:

Yeah, move to a state and play Russian Roulette with their courts, trying to get charged with a felony. 

That sounds like EXTRA fun. 

Except in the Browns' case, the AG has said (and has produced a written policy stating the same) that short of another felonious polygamy activity being charged/suspected, which was defined as child bigamy, welfare fraud, domestic abuse, or domestic violence, no charges of polygamy would be pursued against any individual. The only way the Browns would be playing Russian Roulette would be for them to go back to their questionable welfare practices from before the show began. Perhaps that's Kody's worry because that's still going on and it's a tightly guarded secret but one would think they'd struggle to keep that hidden. Even Abby Lee Miller managed to slip up with that.

It would benefit Kody's little "woe is me, the world is against my love" pity party to get arrested. He's got nothing to fear, but I suspect that, like toasters, the fear is just in his head.

• Love 13
16 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Maybe it didn't come across in my post but I was being just a touch facetious, Brutus ...They really should invent a font to convey such things. 

Any word on digging that statute up yet? 

HB99

76-7-101. Bigamy -- Penalty -- Defense.
25          (1) A person is guilty of bigamy when, knowing [he] the person has a husband or wife
26     or knowing the other person has a husband or wife, the person purports to marry [another
27     person or cohabits with another] and cohabitates with the other person.
28          (2) Bigamy is a third degree felony [of the third degree].
29          (3) Bigamy is a second degree felony if the accused is also convicted during the same

• Love 1

Article on the case.

"In the dying embers of Utah's 2017 legislative session, lawmakers narrowly passed a polygamy bill that adds harsher penalties for people convicted under the state's bigamy law if they're also convicted of other crimes such as domestic abuse." (Italics are mine). The penalties are harsher if they are convicted of the other charges. The article also says there have only been 10 cases of charges for cohabitation alone from 2001-2011.  It even says the "good families" won't be affected by the law. Are the Browns worried because they really aren't one of the "good families"?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Jazzhands said:

“Sponge Robyn Square Head” nearly made me spit red wine onto my phone, so thanks for that!  Best laugh I’ve had in a while!

I’m in my 40s and I don’t look as old as Robyn.  She looks exhausted.  She needs a spa vacation. 

Well, she had an 11-day honeymoon, which the other 3 wives couldn't bitch enough about, even Janelle.

If dear Robyn has a live-in nanny, what else is sapping her energy?  My Sister Wive's Closet?  Is Kody still demanding conjugal visits when it isn't her "turn?"  LOL

• Love 5

Yes that is the statute I found, Brutus. Thank you for posting it so everyone else can see it. I do not know how to copy and paste things on my Kindle.

But I was specifically referring to part of your post where you said:

2 hours ago, Brutus Buckeye said:

They altered the law to say that cohabitation is only illegal if you "purport" to be married for "religious purposes."

I don't see that - or any other reference to "religious purposes" in the statute.  Am I missing something? 

2 hours ago, Brutus Buckeye said:

It's not enough for Utah that Polygamy is illegal, they have their own unique law that says that they can't even "purport" to be married for religious purposes. Up-thread you claimed Utah didn't have any anti-polygamy laws that aren't laws across the Nation. Well yes they do, and this is it. The "purporting" clause. No other state has a law against dressing up for a legally fictitious wedding, and playing house. Utah does. Other states have laws against bigamy. Utah is the only state that has laws against cohabitation. 

First of all Utah doesn't have a law against cohabitation. Cohabitation itself is not illegal. Bigamy is illegal. And bigamy consists of purporting to be married to someone when you or the other person already has a living spouse AND cohabitation with that person. There is no law in the state of Utah against cohabitation ... let's just get that out of the way right now. It's just going to confuse people. 

Moving on ... I took a quick look at the bigamy laws in the state in which I live (Washington) and it uses wording very similar to the Utah law - including use of the language "purport" to marry. Utah is not the only state that uses this language. It's fairly standard legal terminology that simply means to represent oneself in a certain way. I would be surprised if there weren't several other states that employ the same terminology in their statutes. 

It is worth noting, actually,  that Washington State does not include "cohabitation" as an element of the crime. In that sense the Washington law is actually much stricter than the Utah law which requires purporting to be married AND cohabitation.  Essentially in Washington they can nail you for bigamy even without cohabitation. Utah requires both. That's a higher burden on the state. Plus Washington certainly has not had its Attorney General come out and formally state they have no intention of prosecuting people for bigamy or polygamy without an underlying offense like fraud. I guess we won't be seeing Kody and his wives shacking up out here anytime too soon LOL <whew>

At any rate, I'm just not seeing how Utah has created some super discriminatory law aimed at a particular religious group. It certainly is not spelled out in the statute as has been suggested from what I can see. I think maybe something is being read into the law that simply is not there. 

• Love 9

OK guys, I know the legal stuff is fascinating, but we've gone way down the rabbit hole on the statutes, and it's really hard to stay out of political discussion when discussing how laws are passed and enforced. Please move on. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Brutus Buckeye said:

Who in their right mind wouldn't "fear" being charged with a felony? 

Seriously?  The Browns are one in probably thousands of polygamist families in Utah.  What makes them think they'd be singled out?  Kadoofus loves to play the persecution card, nothing more.  We already know that the whole phony "flight to safety thing" was a major line of BS so that Kadoofus could go to LV which he proclaimed later to be his lifelong dream.  Good grief, even the sirens in the background for dramatic effect were fire engines.

The only thing they have to fear is their combined lack of brain cells.

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Plus Washington certainly has not had its Attorney General come out and formally state they have no intention of prosecuting people for bigamy or polygamy without an underlying offense like fraud. I guess we won't be seeing Kody and his wives shacking up out here anytime too soon LOL <whew>

hallelujah2.gif

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

@Kohola3, will you be my 3rd spiritual sister wife?  I've already asked @Celia Rubenstein and @toodles.

Seriously, I love this forum.  I get to LOL and share with Mr. Xword some really snarky stuff.  He won't watch my TLC shows, so I love to tell him the highlights and share a laugh.  Great stuff.

Admit it.  No one wants me as their spiritual wife because I have flies and can't have any more lamb chops.  Spiritual online polygamy can be SO cruel!   :(   :::sniffle::::

• Love 5

Mariah definitely gets her "I'm calling a family meeting because I have an announcement," dramatics from her mother.

I would really love to see a counseling session with Meri, Janelle, and Kody. Just the three of them, cause let's face it I think a lot of their problems stem from him. I don't think he handled Meri's jealousy of a new wife, and Janelle's passive aggressive, I'm moving out with the children for a while, well. If these two haven't gotten over things that happened over 18 years ago, they never will.

Does anyone remember when Christine was having a hard time with Kody, and she went to Meri for advice, and was basically told, that when it is your time with Kody, just be happy and have fun, and don't burden him with your problems or feelings? Yep, in order to have a good relationship with Kody, you just have to shove all your valid feelings, concerns, and issues, deep down inside, and plaster a fake smile ladies, so he actually wants to spend time with you! He doesn't actually need to work on himself and his attitude and reactions, he just needs you to make him feel like his is the man, and you are just the happiest person in the world!

• Love 22
4 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Yep, in order to have a good relationship with Kody, you just have to shove all your valid feelings, concerns, and issues, deep down inside, and plaster a fake smile ladies, so he actually wants to spend time with you! He doesn't actually need to work on himself and his attitude and reactions, he just needs you to make him feel like his is the man, and you are just the happiest person in the world!

And that is this family in a nutshell.  I hate him with the fire of a thousand suns.  

I fully believe that a large part of the reason that he didn’t want Meri and Jinelle going to the Women’s March is that he didn’t want them to get ideas.  

• Love 22
24 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

@Kohola3, will you be my 3rd spiritual sister wife?  I've already asked @Celia Rubenstein and @toodles.

Seriously, I love this forum.  I get to LOL and share with Mr. Xword some really snarky stuff.  He won't watch my TLC shows, so I love to tell him the highlights and share a laugh.  Great stuff.

Well, OK.  I want my own kitchen though.  I don't play nicely with others in my kitchen.

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, toodles said:

Well, OK.  I want my own kitchen though.  I don't play nicely with others in my kitchen.

Didn't one of them reference sharing a kitchen as abusive at one point or another? I don't mean to be a bitch, but I see dozens of women (and men) who would love to straighten them out about what actually constitutes abuse. And sharing a kitchen ain't it.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Well, she had an 11-day honeymoon, which the other 3 wives couldn't bitch enough about, even Janelle.

If dear Robyn has a live-in nanny, what else is sapping her energy?  My Sister Wive's Closet?  Is Kody still demanding conjugal visits when it isn't her "turn?"  LOL

Someone HAD to take Meri's nights with Kody!  lol

I really have never seen any indication that Kody prefers the sons over the daughters--in my opinion he is an equal opportunity ignorer of all of his children.   Except, of course, when the boys were channeling their inner Kody and giving a nod to wrestling in the garage.  I don't see any particular closeness to Logan or Hunter or any of the boys, except maybe Solomon (and we know that's because his mom is ROBYN).  

One more opinion--Meri has admitted to "struggling" in her relationships with Kody, with Mariah and with Janelle.  Does this not scream something to her therapist???

• Love 13
13 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Robyn's days of the new hot pretty wife are over. She looks completely different than when Cody first started "courting" her. After having Kody's second baby she never really lost all the baby weight and she looks pale and exhausted. Maybe having 5 kids now is taking a toll on her. Which could be the reason she has help from her cousin or who ever she is, which I don't understand considering Robyn doesn't have a full time job outside the home. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 10
18 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Janelle says that there was a time when she would have insisted on traveling separately. 

Wow, you don't say?  If these two were out for dinner together and reached for the salt at the same time, they'd probably take turns running to the ladies' room to wash off the cooties.

There are approximately 200 vehicles in the cult-de-sac, and Caleb's pickup needs to go into the exact spot where Janelle's dead minivan sits.

Of course it does.  Because polygamy is just so wacky!  So many cars!  The struggle is real!  Now Kody can have an exhausting project to work on and complain about, justifying his three-hour nap on Janelle's couch later that day.

Christine voiceovers that polygamist families have more cars than monogamist families. 

Shut the front door.  I wonder why that is?  Could it be because there are generally a lot more people in a polygamist family?  No....no, that can't be it.  Too easy.  I'm stumped.

Christine voiceovers that she was very excited that Mariah asked Meri and Janelle.  Robyn hurries to add that she's happy, too.

Shut up, Robyn.

Kody still doesn't agree, but says that his concerns are probably invalid and tells Meri to go support Mariah.  On the couch, he's still frustrated that this will somehow diminish Joe Darger's efforts. 

How on earth does one march affect the other?  Is it because there's only room for one idea at a time in Kody's pea-brain, and the hamster on the wheel is currently spinning on the idea of Mariah's march?  What a moron.

They also tell Christine that the name they have chosen is Axel.  Maddie claims she had a dream where the baby came to her and told her his name was Axel James. 

"Axel Brush?"  Sounds like something you'd use to clean the undercarriage of your car.  

Nancy asks for explanation, and Meri tells about a recent media interview the five adults gave regarding Mariah.  When the interviewer asked Meri a question, Janelle jumped in and answered.

Janelle jumped in and answered...like Robyn does ALL THE TIME, MERI.

Christine says that she immediately scanned the friends to figure out which one was Mariah's girlfriend.  Robyn insists that she did, too. 

Shut up, Robyn,

As a cherry on top, Meri says there were no snarky comments between herself and Janelle.

Are we supposed to be impressed that these two managed a whole day without throwing one another under the bus?  

Next week:  Not to be out-marched, Kody wants to protest in Utah but the kids aren't enthused.   

Shut up, Kody.

Even though I can now watch this show a couple of days after it airs, I still adore these recaps.

So many excellent points...bolding is mine.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 17
12 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Admit it.  No one wants me as their spiritual wife because I have flies and can't have any more lamb chops.  Spiritual online polygamy can be SO cruel!   :(   :::sniffle::::

You're invited too!  Remember in the first season when Meri tried to sell "the more, the merrier?"  That bunch was delusional from the beginning.

LOL, perfect!  "Spiritual Online Polygamy."  I would only add "Virtual."

12 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Mariah definitely gets her "I'm calling a family meeting because I have an announcement," dramatics from her mother.

I would really love to see a counseling session with Meri, Janelle, and Kody. Just the three of them, cause let's face it I think a lot of their problems stem from him. I don't think he handled Meri's jealousy of a new wife, and Janelle's passive aggressive, I'm moving out with the children for a while, well. If these two haven't gotten over things that happened over 18 years ago, they never will.

Does anyone remember when Christine was having a hard time with Kody, and she went to Meri for advice, and was basically told, that when it is your time with Kody, just be happy and have fun, and don't burden him with your problems or feelings? Yep, in order to have a good relationship with Kody, you just have to shove all your valid feelings, concerns, and issues, deep down inside, and plaster a fake smile ladies, so he actually wants to spend time with you! He doesn't actually need to work on himself and his attitude and reactions, he just needs you to make him feel like his is the man, and you are just the happiest person in the world!

I remember.  Meri basically told Christine to suck it up, and DILL with it.  What horseshit!

• Love 6
13 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I think just “living this lifestyle” would be immensely stressful. 

• Love 9

In therapy I believe that Meri was upset about Janelle jumping in to answer a question ABOUT MARIAH specifically.  Being that is her only daughter, and they have had their issues, I can understand Meri being upset about Janelle answering for her.  She should have answered for her own daughter.

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, MV713 said:

In therapy I believe that Meri was upset about Janelle jumping in to answer a question ABOUT MARIAH specifically.  Being that is her only daughter, and they have had their issues, I can understand Meri being upset about Janelle answering for her.  She should have answered for her own daughter.

An adult would have dealt with the situation right then, right there and interjected in a light hearted manner, "Janelle, I think the question was directed to me".

Instead, Meri let it fester and grow way out of proportion, to the point that Meri felt therapy was required.  Not dealing with it at the time, the next best tactic to clear the issue would have been for Meri to confront Janelle one on one instead of text to let her know she felt Janelle was out of line.

• Love 15
On 2/19/2018 at 2:45 AM, Bayarea4 said:

Kody questioned the need for a women's march because, among other things, "The legislature is already half women." I call B.S. on that. Female members of U.S. Congress are actually 19% or 20% of the total.

Maybe, it was Kody math.  You know how you multiply by 4?  lol 

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

An adult would have dealt with the situation right then, right there and interjected in a light hearted manner, "Janelle, I think the question was directed to me".

Instead, Meri let it fester and grow way out of proportion, to the point that Meri felt therapy was required.  Not dealing with it at the time, the next best tactic to clear the issue would have been for Meri to confront Janelle one on one instead of text to let her know she felt Janelle was out of line.

I agree 100 percent.  I also wondered whether, in the moment, Janelle might have jumped in to prevent Meri from saying something childish and cruel again about Mariah, as previously Meri said that Mariah’s coming out was “weird” and made it all about herself and her sense of loss of the future she had planned out in her head for Mariah.  

• Love 5

In therapy, Meri expressed basically the same thing that April on Seeking Sister Wife did a couple of weeks ago. That is she didn’t stand up for herself, no one would. I think this is essentially the problem with so many of these plural families. They might all be “family” but when it boils down to it, none of these women are married to someone who has their back. 

Kody is sadly out of touch with the reality and struggles his daughter is going to face in regards to her sexuality.

The dinner after the march was weird. Meri and Janelle were the only ones eating, then Mariah and Aubrey were the only ones eating. I think TLC did a little staging and editing. The camera crew probably wanted to clock out for the night!

• Love 5
21 hours ago, b2H said:

Because most of them were inoperable.  The money from TLC isn't enough to sustain massive car repair bills on multiple vehicles.

Just my take on it.

I also considered that it might have been quicker to push the cars than to track down a million sets of keys. But that assumes the cars were unlocked. And in neutral. Hmmm. Never mind. They must have been inoperable because you do need a key in the ignition to shift into neutral. Why am I even posting this? LOL. 

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Jazzhands said:

I agree 100 percent.  I also wondered whether, in the moment, Janelle might have jumped in to prevent Meri from saying something childish and cruel again about Mariah, as previously Meri said that Mariah’s coming out was “weird” and made it all about herself and her sense of loss of the future she had planned out in her head for Mariah.  

I can't help but wonder what her reaction would have been if it was Robyn, the self appointed family mouthpiece, that had "butted in".  Meri has ceded her rights as a wife and mother to Robyn to the point that she even consults her on how best to engage Mariah in conversation, much to Robyn's smug delight.  After all, Robyn has "been there since the beginning" and has "pitchers" to prove it.

• Love 11
17 hours ago, mrs ra said:

Because anything and I mean anything that highlights these special snowflakes will be used and abused.  Oh too many vehicles? Yeah this happens in our poly family.  Too many mouths to feed? Yep this is a concern in a poly family.  Kids overlapping weddings?  Yep, Typical in our poly family.

Sheesh.

16 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Janelle answered a question that Meri thought was directed at her, and Meri acted like it was the end of the world, because it was JANELLE - if Christine or Robyn had done it, she wouldn't have cared. 

Fixed it for you.

14 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Sobyn needs that time to shop for Victoria Secret crap to keep the Douche in her bed.  Otherwise, he may start to lose interest and legally divorce her for say Christine? 

13 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

It's the poly way to Keep Sweet all the time.  That was Meri's advice for Christine. 

Anyway, I don't buy that crap with the therapist.  First, I don't think either of these two women want to mend their relationship. I think they just like the hostility.  Their kids are grown, Meri has pretty much checked out of the family.  Janelle might as well if the opportunity financially came along. 

• Love 7