Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Down By Law

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

After witnessing a drive-by shooting and hitting her head, Dr. Manning struggles with the aftermath of a head injury. Complicating matters, she and Dr. Halstead deal with a teenage patient and her overbearing older husband, who might not be looking out for his young wife's best interests. Dr. Rhodes finds himself in a unique situation when he learns alarming information about the woman he went on a date with. Maggie is surprised to discover some unexpected things about the man she has been seeing. Dr. Charles is frustrated when Dr. Reese disobeys his orders and puts herself at risk.

New show Tuesday? I look forward to it. To be honest though, I am using a friends Hulu and binged on first season ER, it is better, better stories, more realistic even without high tech devices and more character depth. Carter is the newbie with a lot to learn and doubts but he doesn't look like Reese does. Hathaway is like Maggie, but Natalie and some others, they have some better writing coming I hope.

Two different shows, but with some care, it can be more than a soap opera, but a great drama.

I look forward to seeing Dr Charles deal with Reese (again) and maybe get some deeper story lines coming up. It has so much potential, I hope it keeps getting better.

• Love 2
On 2/18/2018 at 3:31 PM, debraran said:

New show Tuesday? I look forward to it. To be honest though, I am using a friends Hulu and binged on first season ER, it is better, better stories, more realistic even without high tech devices and more character depth. Carter is the newbie with a lot to learn and doubts but he doesn't look like Reese does. Hathaway is like Maggie, but Natalie and some others, they have some better writing coming I hope.

Two different shows, but with some care, it can be more than a soap opera, but a great drama.

I look forward to seeing Dr Charles deal with Reese (again) and maybe get some deeper story lines coming up. It has so much potential, I hope it keeps getting better.

I agree that ER was much better; in fact, it's one of the all-time classic great TV shows.  Plus, George Clooney?  I mean, how could they go wrong. ;-)  

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I agree that ER was much better; in fact, it's one of the all-time classic great TV shows.  Plus, George Clooney?  I mean, how could they go wrong. ;-)  

I know, I'm really enjoying watching the first 2 seasons and will probably keep binging until season 5 or 6. .  I just saw the one with George Clooney saving a kid in a storm drain (with no cell phones) ; )  It was much better than the save on Chicago Med when they had to amputate a leg but I wont keep comparing. I like Dr Choi and Dr Charles and I hope they get some interesting work. Natalie, I just can't warm up too.

There's a lot they can do with topics, especially with current affairs in the news.  Look forward to seeing how they do tonight.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, wonderwoman said:

does any know who who played the asshat holy roller husband? he's so familar, but i missed the guest star credits and the character's not listed on the imdb's entry for the episode. 

Jay O. Sanders. Wasn't he perfectly loathesome?

Edited by Kleav
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Kleav said:

He was all over the last Wolf franchise, guest-starring on Law & Order, original recipe in "Tabula Rasa" in S9 and was a killer on Law & Order: Criminal Intent in the S2 premiere...only to pop up again 8 (S10, final season) seasons later as that show's final new captain (different character, obviously!). So Wolf/Wolf's casting folks must really like the man!

I have read he is really very nice in real life. But he plays creepy so damned well.

• Love 5

I hope Dr. Reese gets canned, I don't care what she thought she had to do to prove her point, that was incredibly STUPID! ( Yes I had to shout that) I was expecting him to use the knife on himself to ends his pain. Stupid girl, if Dr. Charles can't see that she's not suited for this job I don't know.

Not even going to comment on Dr. Halstead and Dr. Manning, except I've reached the point where I was kinda hoping she would get shot and have to leave Chicago Med. 

Dr. Connor, now he's turning into a man whore, ( sorry I know it's harsh but that's exactly what he is) I can just see Dr. Becker stepping in and saving him, that's where that's leading up to. At this point I'm like "go for it girl!"

Maggie, I'm at a loss for words poor dear....

Edited by Lyanna19
Spelling correction
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Lyanna19 said:

Dr. Connor, now he's turning into a man white, ( sorry I know it's harsh but that's exactly what he is) I can just see Dr. Becker stepping in and saving him, that's where that's leading up to. At this point I'm like "go for it girl!"

Clearly I'm an idiot. What is a "man white?"

1 hour ago, Kleav said:

I first saw him on the fabulous “Crime Story” in the 80s. Great actor. I love how his child bribe smiled when he was ranting about how she would be thrown out of the church!

• Love 6

The reverend guy was disgusting. If that law in Michigan is real it needs to be thrown away immediately. He was going to let that girl die so she could make him babies. Natalie is annoying usually, but honestly I don't think I could do it either. That poor girl is going to have a hysterectomy just to be free of him. I really wish someone could have explained her options to be free of him so that hopefully she would reconsider the necessity of that. With her family history it would be different if she was doing solely as a preventative measure, but I think it had more to do with the marriage. It's so sad that a girl that young had to think about such things.

Reese was out of line today. If that would have gone wrong, that man could have been scarred for life and she could have been seriously injured. I don't necessarily think exposure therapy was a bad idea, but Dr. Charles was right about them needing to work with him more before they decided to do something so drastic.

• Love 6

It seemed to me that yes, the child-wife had a family history of cancer and she was making a pre-emptive choice to have her uterus removed to not have to deal with ongoing treatment. But she was also making that choice to assert herself and break free of her husband and his church.

I kept waiting for one of the doctors to talk to her about the possibility of extracting some of her egg cells and freezing them, to have embryos implanted in her uterus after curing the cancer, or have them carried by a surrogate mother if her uterus had to ultimately be removed. This is after all the second decade of the 21st Century...

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Lyanna19 said:

I hope Dr. Reese gets canned, I don't care what she thought she had to do to prove her point, that was incredibly STUPID! ( Yes I had to shout that) I was expecting him to use the knife on himself to ends his pain. Stupid girl, if Dr. Charles can't see that she's not suited for this job I don't know.

Not even going to comment on Dr. Halstead and Dr. Manning, except I've reached the point where I was kinda hoping she would get shot and have to leave Chicago Med. 

Dr. Connor, now he's turning into a man whore, ( sorry I know it's harsh but that's exactly what he is) I can just see Dr. Becker stepping in and saving him, that's where that's leading up to. At this point I'm like "go for it girl!"

Maggie, I'm at a loss for words poor dear....

I agree, Reese is a disgrace. What she did was not only unrealistic for her as a resident, a new one at that, but totally stupid and impulsive. She might be making some headway with her personal therapy but not in all areas.  This isn't like Doug Ross bucking his attending in ER wanting to do a test they think is unneeded and doing it anyway, she's like a clueless prop and Dr Charles deserves better. Are all the scripts going to be having his pretty assistant do dumb things? The fact the guy miraculously leaves with his wife had me gag although having him hurt her later wouldn't be great either it wouldn't be totally unrealistic.  It does work over time for some but involving a knife, I think you should take your time and be supervised. This isn't "I hate going to parties or snakes" Totally lame writing on that scene. I hope Dr. Charles does suspend her because she'll keep pushing the envelope until she messes up again and cries on his shoulder. There are so many great stories, Dr Charles can handle with teen shooters, PTSD, bullying, the list goes on. Let Oliver Platt have some good writing.

Poor Maggie, I hope she can find happiness with someone, she's a nice sane nurse and deserves a good story line.  When the guy with the child bride came in, my daughter and I almost at the same time, said "Law and Order" I've seen the guy before and maybe the in the same part. They've certainly have done the "religious/child bride" before but I thought to be empowered, couldn't she do chemo and divorce the guy? Or maybe she was stuck with him?

I hope for better scripts coming up, I know Wolf did it for many shows, he should insist on it with CM too.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 3

So now the show has claimed Maggie in its quest to make everyone unlikeable... Your ex saves your best friends life and gets shot.. And is now heading to jail.. And she makes it abt her... Sharon said he changed his name because of  something that happened before he was 18... So at least 25 years ago maybe longer.. And she trots out the good ol. "He's been lying to me".. Ugh

• Love 11
10 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Am I a bad person for wishing that guy had stabbed Reese?

Reese's character has done a complete 360 (or is it 180) from previous seasons. She started out as a likable naive young intern and has morphed into a character you want to be stabbed.  I had the same wish. She is annoying and unlikable.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

Sharon said he changed his name because of  something that happened before he was 18... So at least 25 years ago maybe longer.. And she trots out the good ol. "He's been lying to me".. Ugh

Word.  If you change your name, you're not going to go around telling everyone "My name is Fred, but it used to be Bill," are you?  Because now, you are Fred. So, no lying involved.  It is only if you manufactured an entire false "legend" about your prior self, that you would be lying.  And first, we haven't any evidence of this, and second, it wouldn't necessarily be wrong to do this, if your reasons were legitimate.

I got to say I don't really like the character, so I'm glad the cops are dragging him off the set, but I just know this isn't the last we've seen of him, so whatever.  But the tension about whether it was his gun that shot the bystander -- what became of that issue?  Forgotten, while the guy who used a licensed firearm to defend against a gang of gun-wielding criminals performing their second Drive-By in as many minutes, gets hauled off in cuffs due to a glitch in his paper-work.  We'll never hear about those bangers again, but we get two beat-downs on the good guy!

Man Whore?  Surely not.  This implies payment for services.  Slut or rake, perhaps.  But he's just lost his girlfriend.  Isn't it traditional to "shop around" a bit?  Although the moment when he and Becker rip each other's clothes off to the sound of smashing furniture and tinkling glassware has been so heavily telegraphed for so long, I wish they'd just get it over with.  But it seems he has to bang the cop first...

• Love 3

@Netfoot admittedly manwhore sounds and is a bit harsh, but I didn't mean to imply that he was getting paid for his services (lol) and yes he's just in a downward spiral right now, but correct me if I'm wrong, I've always thought manwhore was an expression for a player or someone who was there for the sex, and no emotional entanglements, but I just did a quick Google search, and Wikipedia does say this

1.(slang) A man who sells his body for money; a male prostitute.

2. (slang) A promiscuous man who has no regard for his sexual partners or the emotional value of his relationships.

Guess I was thinking more along the second definition.... Anyways I hope he gets out of that rut, sooner rather than later, 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Lyanna19 said:

Guess I was thinking more along the second definition....

I wasn't taking you to task, and I recognize that the phrase can have a non-commercial meaning.  But it does just seem a little harsh.  Under his circumstances, I don't see anything strange about him playing the field a bit.  In fact, I'll say:  All power to you, mate!

• Love 2

I’m glad someone mentioned the reverend was Ziggy from Roseanne! Now I remember him—but boy did he look different than Ziggy!

That whole therapy session with the knife was ridiculous. First of all, with the threat alone that he will murder his wife they would need to at least keep him 48 hours to evaluate him. That’s a HUGE liability if he really went home and killed her or himself. And they would not be doing therapy like this when the man hasn’t even been properly evaluated and stabilized. I almost turned off the tv because it was so dumb. Do they even consult mental health professional for this show? And by the way, when he bursts into the ER and demanded to be committed a psychiatrist just happened to be standing there and saw him immediately??

About Dr. Rhodes—-not to be mean, but he could get a way better looking one night stand. She was hardly attractive and looked a bit older than him—-a married woman cheating on her husband and snorting cocaine....this is what he goes to? Now we have to watch him have a relationship with that big eared cop lady which will result in some angst and jealousy from the lady doc. I wish they would just get together already.

• Love 10
54 minutes ago, MoodyGirl said:

She was hardly attractive and looked a bit older than him—-a married woman cheating on her husband and snorting cocaine....this is what he goes to?

Rebekah Ward may not be the twenty-something year old hot stuff that Hollywood seems to think are the only women that can be desirable, but every woman is beautiful, in her own way, and I certainly don't see "Margo-without-a-T" as unattractive.  Frankly, I think she is better looking than Becker!  And the same goes for Officer Big-Ears.  (Although, I can't say I noticed anything particularly elephantine about her, in the otic department.)

Also, I got the distinct impression that he (Rhodes) didn't know she was married, nor that she was using cocaine.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

So now the show has claimed Maggie in its quest to make everyone unlikeable... Your ex saves your best friends life and gets shot.. And is now heading to jail.. And she makes it abt her... Sharon said he changed his name because of  something that happened before he was 18... So at least 25 years ago maybe longer.. And she trots out the good ol. "He's been lying to me".. Ugh

I like her but when she kept saying "Everyday, everyday he lied to me" I wanted to yell, yes, everyday you knew him and to everyone else. Talk to him, don't go off in a huff.

7 hours ago, preeya said:

Reese's character has done a complete 360 (or is it 180) from previous seasons. She started out as a likable naive young intern and has morphed into a character you want to be stabbed.  I had the same wish. She is annoying and unlikable.

Even in a real off screen interview, she was odd, same stoic face, kind of drifting off, and her coworkers said she was the most likely to sleep anywhere on the set. A disorder of some kind?

I really dislike her character. When Dick Wolf told Oliver Platt he had a role for him, only one he is considering, I felt it would be a good one. He had a few good episodes, nice stories, but many are lame and all he did in this one was look like "Is she for real?" and make faces.  I really hope the writers have him write her up. She's a resident, not even one for long, and she can't do anything without her attending okaying it. When he says No and she defies him, what does that say? I will only do what you say when I feel like it? 

Please give Dr Charles more meat in his role and please give Reese less.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Netfoot said:

Rebekah Ward may not be the twenty-something year old hot stuff that Hollywood seems to think are the only women that can be desirable, but every woman is beautiful, in her own way, and I certainly don't see "Margo-without-a-T" as unattractive.  Frankly, I think she is better looking than Becker!  And the same goes for Officer Big-Ears.  (Although, I can't say I noticed anything particularly elephantine about her, in the otic department.)

Also, I got the distinct impression that he (Rhodes) didn't know she was married, nor that she was using cocaine.

He didn't know she was married until she, herself, told him when he was examining her. Latham told him about the cocaine when he was reviewing her test results.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 minute ago, Ohwell said:

I really, really hope that Dr. Charles finally gets rid of Reese.

I'd be much happier if she got rid of him!  Insufferable olde farte!

Edited by Netfoot
11 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

I'd be much happier if she got rid of him!  Insufferable olde farte!

Ok, you call him olde farte, and I'll call her young idiot and we'll call it even. ; ) 

• Love 6
21 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I first saw him on the fabulous “Crime Story” in the 80s. Great actor. I love how his child bribe smiled when he was ranting about how she would be thrown out of the church!

Oh yes, I loved her smile! It was equal parts "I'm free!" and "Shut up, old man."

• Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:31 PM, debraran said:

I've been watching ER on POPtv, every episode from the pilot.  Now I only have the last few eps left and I'm doling them out like precious little European chocolates.  Poor Chicago Med does not really stand up very well in comparison.

In fact, I had a bunch of Chicago Meds on my DVR and I found out it doesn't really make all that much difference if you watch them in order.  Except I saw "Reese With The Knife" and then I saw Reese lose her shit at the prison and then I watched Reese contradict Dr. Charles' testimony at his shooter's trial.  Okay, I'm a big Oliver Platt fan and I like how Dr. Charles is much less prone to rush into judgment than anyone else in that place, but COME ON!  Reese needs to go.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, candall said:

I've been watching ER on POPtv, every episode from the pilot.  Now I only have the last few eps left and I'm doling them out like precious little European chocolates.  Poor Chicago Med does not really stand up very well in comparison.

In fact, I had a bunch of Chicago Meds on my DVR and I found out it doesn't really make all that much difference if you watch them in order.  Except I saw "Reese With The Knife" and then I saw Reese lose her shit at the prison and then I watched Reese contradict Dr. Charles' testimony at his shooter's trial.  Okay, I'm a big Oliver Platt fan and I like how Dr. Charles is much less prone to rush into judgment than anyone else in that place, but COME ON!  Reese needs to go.

Yes, I know that knife scene almost had me stop watching. I know Wolf isn't going to have CM be like ER or have the quality of the original Law and Order but he has some good talent there and the writers should do better. Nalalie has the "old soap opera" look than anyone and I find her character in and out of the hospital the least believable and empathetic.

I'm only on season 2 of ER (first few I feel were the best) but I also feel like it's candy.  I was looking up what many have done later, some kept busy, not things I've always seen, others, not as much, some very famous. ; )  I guess long running shows are like that, you get invested in the characters and it's harder to break out for some. MASH comes to mind in that regard.

• Love 1

This show is kind of fundamentally different from ER.  It was a fairly stale show when it went off the air, but in the decade since, ER has sort of come back around to feeling fresh again.  Perhaps just because the quality of the writing and the cast were a bit higher.  I've started watching the seasons that I missed the first time around on Hulu, and it surprises me how much even the later, weaker seasons were still pretty good.

They did finally have Natalie over-involved in a case where I was on her side.  So that's kind of progress right there.

• Love 2

I really wish Natalie would have gotten shot...and died. I wish Reese would have gotten stabbed...and died. I want someone to punch Becker in her horse face! Maggie's ex changed his identity because he got in trouble when he was a minor and wanted to start a new/better life. Why is that such a big deal? She was acting like he had a fake/stolen identity.

• Love 5

Why can't Maggie have nice things? This Barry crap was unnecessary.  I liked him and don't care that he changed his identity.

Reese. I've officially crossed over to the hate train. She can go now. 

• Love 7
(edited)
15 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I thought juvenile records were sealed.

So did I, I wonder if there is more to it or just bad writing.  He's not young now so this would have been a long time ago.  "A juvenile record uncovered now when getting a gun" We can't even get background checks for many now, they got a record for when he was under 17?

Next week it says " After a neighbor is stabbed, Dr. Choi enlists the help of April to figure out who is the real cause of the incident. Dr. Bekker's and Dr. Rhodes' expertise is put to the test when Noah misdiagnoses a patient. Dr. Charles is put in an uncomfortable position."

We will see what happens with Reese, Noah is no surprise. ;)

Edited by debraran
20 hours ago, starri said:

This show is kind of fundamentally different from ER.  It was a fairly stale show when it went off the air, but in the decade since, ER has sort of come back around to feeling fresh again.  Perhaps just because the quality of the writing and the cast were a bit higher.  I've started watching the seasons that I missed the first time around on Hulu, and it surprises me how much even the later, weaker seasons were still pretty good. ...

I don't see how they're different.  Extended storylines for the staffers while patient tales usually resolve in one episode.  Although . . . I guess the staffer "homelife" stories are truncated on CM--there aren't any interesting characters like Frances Sternhagen or Sally Field to round out the backstories.  Maybe that's the problem; jumping around on the episode order hasn't bothered me at all, except I want to know what happened to Dr. Charles' daughter.

ITA with your final point.  I remember losing interest when Noah Wylie left and now I wouldn't even object to following Sam's bratty kid through his juvenile delinquent years.

Sidenote:  the show I think is doing a good job balancing character development with crisis du jour is 9-1-1.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, candall said:

I don't see how they're different.  Extended storylines for the staffers while patient tales usually resolve in one episode.  Although . . . I guess the staffer "homelife" stories are truncated on CM--there aren't any interesting characters like Frances Sternhagen or Sally Field to round out the backstories.  Maybe that's the problem; jumping around on the episode order hasn't bothered me at all, except I want to know what happened to Dr. Charles' daughter.

I guess what I mean by that is that we don't see really anyone's personal life that doesn't involve who they happen to be buffing at the time.  Okay, it's TV, there's going to be a lot of sex stuff, but we don't have Susan dealing with her crazy sister, Carter with his guilt about being rich, Kerry coming out...Hell, there was a running line throughout the second season about something as mundane as Carol buying a house.  I know that that maybe be due in part to A) the show being much more explicitly a procedural and B) that they have more commercials and are required to do the show in five acts, not four.  But the action parts are also a lot less dynamic.  The patient that Natalie and Barry brought in was basically treated as an afterthought, and ER would have had a much more definitive ending on it.

And I've said this before--and I know not many agree with me--I just feel like the way the technical aspects of medicine were handled more realistically on ER.  In both cases, they bend the rules a bit, but they seem to bend them farther here.  This show is more like the Night Shift, and honestly, I might have preferred another season of that to this, because as stupid as that show was, it didn't pretend to be something else.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, starri said:

I guess what I mean by that is that we don't see really anyone's personal life that doesn't involve who they happen to be buffing at the time.  Okay, it's TV, there's going to be a lot of sex stuff, but we don't have Susan dealing with her crazy sister, Carter with his guilt about being rich, Kerry coming out...Hell, there was a running line throughout the second season about something as mundane as Carol buying a house.  I know that that maybe be due in part to A) the show being much more explicitly a procedural and B) that they have more commercials and are required to do the show in five acts, not four.  But the action parts are also a lot less dynamic.  The patient that Natalie and Barry brought in was basically treated as an afterthought, and ER would have had a much more definitive ending on it.

And I've said this before--and I know not many agree with me--I just feel like the way the technical aspects of medicine were handled more realistically on ER.  In both cases, they bend the rules a bit, but they seem to bend them farther here.  This show is more like the Night Shift, and honestly, I might have preferred another season of that to this, because as stupid as that show was, it didn't pretend to be something else.

That is true, i worked in hospital during ER's early reign. It was a lot more accurate. Like my police officer husband hating police shows, he'll concede Law and Order (original) was the best but hated how fast they did everything but that's TV. He just hated everyone thought that is how police work, trials, evidence, blood tests etc are done.

ER had real people you got to know, some you liked, some you didn't, but they were pretty real. Doug was more multidimensional than Rhodes as of now and the nurses were much better on ER.  Dr Green you could relate too and Carter, knew someone just like him at Yale.  Nice but rare combo of heart and brains.

I think they should have had a shrink that wasn't transient and think Dr Charles on CM is great. Except for being cute, I don't know why they give Reese , his assistant so much more to do.  Even a small scene where he talked to a guy who tried to commit suicide by walking into a car. Reese didn't understand this one, but he saw where he was hit, said it didn't add up, other things, like not calling his wife. How he connected with him later, even in his own depression, it touched me a a viewer, but everyone else falls short to me. I hope it gets better, but ER will still be my favorite.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 1
On 2/28/2018 at 12:37 AM, LittleIggy said:

Am I a bad person for wishing that guy had stabbed Reese?

I had that same thought as I was watching, but worried for the safety of the people who would have had to rush in to save her and restrain the patient.  She put others in danger, beside herself, and for that reason alone I think she should be shown the door.  Add to that the fact that she could have caused serious physical and emotional harm to the patient, her ongoing disregard for what she's told by Dr. Charles, and her tenuous grasp on reality, it seems a no-brainer to me that she should not be in the position of making any decisions and she should not be alone with patients or treating them.   She needs to be in another line of work, and the sooner the better.

On 2/28/2018 at 1:28 PM, Netfoot said:

I wasn't taking you to task, and I recognize that the phrase can have a non-commercial meaning.  But it does just seem a little harsh.  Under his circumstances, I don't see anything strange about him playing the field a bit.  In fact, I'll say:  All power to you, mate!

I don't either.  He's newly-single.   Why should he not have a good time if that's what he wants to do?  As long as it's consenting adults (and it certainly seems to be), I have no problem with this at all.

• Love 2

ER was interesting because it went through three  different phases almost like three different shows.  First there was the Mark/Carol/Doug/Susan/internCarter grouping, then the Abby/Luka/Kerry/addict Carter phase, and then a whole bunch of new characters. Viewers could come and go, attaching themselves to the cast that they liked. (although Christopher Chulack (s8 & 9) and John Welles (s10 & 11) nearly ran it in the ground permanently. When David Zabel became the showrunner in season 12 it improved a lot, reflected in the ratings, but it was too late to get the greatness back.

The other difference with ER was that they were earnest and serious about real medicine, which I don't get from Chicago Med. Are there any real doctors on the writing staff here?  ER had Neal Baer and even House had David Foster.

This episode:

For the first time ever, I was on Natalie's side even though she did her usual 'over the top' handling.  The wife was clearly being abused by both her father and her husband; if this was her second pregnancy then she was probably married at 13 or very early 14.  Even if it is legal, she had no say in what was happening to her. Her little smile when  her husband said that the church would reject her if she had a hysterectomy said it all.

On 2/28/2018 at 1:54 AM, watcher1006 said:

I kept waiting for one of the doctors to talk to her about the possibility of extracting some of her egg cells and freezing them, to have embryos implanted in her uterus after curing the cancer, or have them carried by a surrogate mother if her uterus had to ultimately be removed. This is after all the second decade of the 21st Century...

The show didn't have time, and the child bride didn't either.  Her husband wanted to take her out of the hospital right away and the only way  to prevent it (according to the show) was to have her surgery immediately so that he would reject her.  I agree that your way would have been the better route to take.

I understand what Connor is doing -- he's had two failed relationships in two years and while the end of the first one was just one of those things, he genuinely loved Robin and wanted to take care of her and she just left without even saying goodbye (I blame Dr. Charles for handling that badly) so Connor is reacting by getting in as much superficial relationships as he can. It's not good but it hasn't crossed into the unhealthy area yet.

I really wanted the husband to attack Reese with the knife just to show her that she doesn't know everything with her great experience of one year as a resident.  Charles was right to threaten to suspend her but he should have come down hard on her when she first started acting like she knew better than he did.

As for Barry an his permit on the subject of guns I'm like the BBC reporter covering the US who was interviewed after the Florida shooting. He kept repeating "This doesn't happen in other countries" like a mantra trying to get through to the people in the US listening.

In terms of Barry himself, if he changed his name legally, why wouldn't the permit be okay under the new name?  And if he didn't change his name legally, why didn't he?

• Love 2

Ok, just to clarify, I get why Connor is sleeping with total strangers, I just don't like it, and I hope that someone is going to draw him out of that rut, yes I know he's a male and they get to do that, but it's still not healthy physically or emotionally. 

20 hours ago, Lyanna19 said:

it's still not healthy physically or emotionally. 

Absolutely. I just hope that Bekker isn't the one to get him out of it. The trope of one person abusing another because he/she is secretly attracted  is so  wrong and off-putting.

• Love 1