Jump to content

Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E24: The Killing Game (Rodney Alcala)


saoirse
  • Reply
  • Start Topic

Recommended Posts


I knew a little about Rodney Alcala because he was always "the serial killer on the dating game show" but I was left absolutely heartbroken for these families.  I would love to talk to the judge who gave him probation after he raped and almost killed that 8 year old girl and thus continued to prey on who knows how many victims.  I was just floored that they allowed him to be released for that crime.  If you go on 48 hours website you can see the new pictures they found in his possession of possible unidentified victims, I am praying they find as many of these people still alive. 

  • Love 11
Link to comment

I was surprised that I had never heard of this man before this show. I watch and read a lot of true crime even from years ago. This was so chilling.

I  shudder to think how  close 12 yr old Robyn was to being safe. That neighbor who asked if the girls were ok when he took their  photo at the beach - was trying to help. Clearly he was creepy.

The dating game woman lucked out in that she listened to her instincts when he creeped her out. Imagine her horror when she found out who he was.

Also, kudos to the young girls at that camp who recognized from the post office photo under a different name. It was astounding to me that later LE did not link the alias with his real name.

I, too, was shocked at that short prison time after the attempted murder of the first 8 yr old.

  • Love 6
Link to comment

Hopefully, the pictures get noticed by friends & family. It was only the late 70’s & 80’s so there should be someone who may know them. Man! That guy defines the word creepy & sick. Also, how scary was it that he “won” the Dating Game??!?! There are 3 guys and he gets picked. Thank god the young lady backed out of that one. 

  • Love 5
Link to comment

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but think of all the victims who would have been spared if he had had a decent prison sentence after he was caught and it was obvious that he was guilty of what he did to that 8 yr old girl who, by some miracle, survived. I am stunned at that judge

I am sad to say that I think there are many, many more victims across the country

  • Love 8
Link to comment
On 2/18/2018 at 6:53 AM, dixiemama said:

I would love to talk to the judge who gave him probation after he raped and almost killed that 8 year old girl and thus continued to prey on who knows how many victims.  I was just floored that they allowed him to be released for that crime.

 

5 hours ago, ari333 said:

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but think of all the victims who would have been spared if he had had a decent prison sentence after he was caught and it was obvious that he was guilty of what he did to that 8 yr old girl who, by some miracle, survived. I am stunned at that judge

The judge didn't give him probation - that would be the parole board.  Also, because his first victim was spirited out of the country (perhaps rightfully so) and unable to testify, he was allowed to plead guilty to a mere "assault" and get out of jail too fucking soon.

  • Love 2
Link to comment

Didn't that officer see the child in her condition? in Alcala's home. Would the officer's testimony not help?  Or not be enough? IDK. I understand they would have liked the 8 year old for witness/victim testimony, but what if she had died? It just seemed like they had him and he slipped through the cracks and all those other people died.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 2
Link to comment
5 hours ago, ari333 said:

Didn't that officer see the child in her condition? in Alcala's home. Would the officer's testimony not help?  Or not be enough? IDK. I understand they would have liked the 8 year old for witness/victim testimony, but what if she had died? It just seemed like they had him and he slipped through the cracks and all those other people died.

Chicken shit prosecutors?   Only a wild guess.

  • Love 2
Link to comment

This case creeped me out.  I want to give kudos to the woman who "won" a date with him on the Dating Game  for saying, no, he creeps me out, take your production and stick it.  Waaaay too many women are too much of people pleasers and don't want to offend others.  Now let me be clear:  I AM NOT BLAMING ANY VICTIMS - they did not have the opportunity to say something, that poor little girl was riding her bike home!!!

  • Love 5
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...